PDA

View Full Version : Lamb of God -- Boston, MA -- November 23rd, 2013

Disturbed95
11-23-2013, 08:35 PM
Sets now, review tommorow. Such a killer show. Only set I don't have is huntress

Lamb of God:
Desolation
Ghost Walking
Walk With Me in Hell
Hourglass
Set to Fail
Now You've Got Something to Die For
The Undertow
Omerta
Ruin
11th Hour
Encore:
Vigil
Laid to Rest
Redneck
Black Label

Killswitch engage

A Bid Farewell
The New Awakening
Fixation on the Darkness
Rose of Sharyn
Beyond the Flames
This Is Absolution
Always
In the Unblind
Life to Lifeless
Turning Point
My Last Serenade
In Due Time
My Curse
The End of Heartache

Testament (might be incorrect/out of order)

Rise Up
More Than Meets the Eye
The Preacher
Native Blood
Into the Pit
The New Order
Disciples of the Watch
Over the Wall

pantera1115
11-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Easily the best show I've ever been too:rocker:

Disturbed95
11-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Review:
I have never been more excited for a concert then i was for this one. Lamb of God are one of my favorite bands, and i had never seen KSE, so this was a must attend concert for me. Myself and my two friends arrived at the House of Blues around 12:30 because we wanted to get rail, and we figured that since it was a sold out show, there would be a long line. Well, we were wrong as we were the first ones there. So we had to wait in line for 4 hours, before entering the venue and waiting for the opening band, Huntress

This was my second time seeing Huntress, and i felt kind of bad for them. They had pre-set up the stage with all of the other bands gear and props, so huntress had very little room to do anything. Anyways, they played for about 25 minutes, and i still despise Jill Janice's vocals. Their drummer was really good, and the guitars weren't bad, but the vocals kill it for me

The next band was Testament. I was a bit nervous about seeing them because Chuck's voice can be hit or miss. I don't know if his voice was good or not because i couldn't hear one word he said. The only time i could hear him was when he talked in between songs , which was a real bummer for me. Other then that, they were really tight. I got to see Gene Hoglan for the first time, and i was blown away by how good of a drummer he is. Erik Peterson and Alex Skolnick are a great duo on guitar.

Then, the band i was most excited to see took the stage. This was my first time seeing Killswitch Engage, and i was not disappointed in the least bit. They whole band sounded tight. Their set was a good mix of their entire discography, and hearing ,Beyond the Flames, off their new album was a highlight for me. You could tell the whole band were glad to be playing their hometown show. The crowd went berserk for them, and they fed of the crowd's energy.

Finally, around 8:45, Lamb of God took the stage, and delivered the best performance i have seen from them. Randy sounded spot on , and he seemed to have much more energy as well. Chris Adler is an amazing drummer, and Mark Morton and Willie Adler are both great guitarists. Even with Bassist John Campbell having to leave the tour, the band never missed a beat. My only complaint is that they played 11th Hour instead of As the Palaces Burn, which i would have loved to hear.

Overall, despite not being able to hear Testament's vocals, it was still the best show i have ever been to.

Scores:
Huntress: 4.5/10
Testament:7/10
Killswitch Engage:10/10
Lamb of God: 9.5/10

AnthG
11-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Lamb of God went on at 8:45? Seems really early, when I saw this tour they went on after 10. What time did the show start?

PVH5150
11-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Lamb of God went on at 8:45? Seems really early, when I saw this tour they went on after 10. What time did the show start?

On Saturday nights, the HOB turns into a gay (legitimately gay, not gay as in stupid) club at 1030PM.

Disturbed95
11-24-2013, 07:41 PM

Doors at 4:30, Huntress started at 5:15

Xenocide
12-16-2013, 09:11 AM
Wrote this up for another forum, figured I'd post here too

LOG/KSE/Testament/Huntress
11/23/13
Boston MA

So me and my buds got to the venue around 1pm, since doors opened at 4:30 and we had nothing else to do. We wound up being the first people there. At one point I ended up taking a loop around the block in order to locate some food/coffee and ran into Adam D hauling some gear down the road. Ended up going ďAdam deeeeeeĒ, he just said whatís up and we both kept going our separate ways. Would have asked for a pic or something but the dude looked like he was freezing and I didnít want to be a dick. Ended up locating my coffee and getting back in line. Had to stand through 3 hours of constant people asking if we had extra tickets since the show was sold out.

Venue opened up and I copped a center rail spot alongside my friends. Huntress started up and Jillís microphone wasnít turned on until the end of the first song. Saw this band at Mayhem Fest and their show was largely the same; decent musicians but Jill is just goddamn ridiculous. One thing I noticed about their show this time is that their drummer is actually really good. He wound up upstaging everybody else in the band, especially since his kit was right up on the edge of the stage. The mixing was pretty good for them but other than that I was just waiting for them to get off stage.

Next up was Testament. It was my first time seeing them and I have to say I was pretty pumped. They put on a great show but for reasons unknown the mixing was utter shit. I could barely hear Chuck the entire time and Alexís guitar was pretty muted to me. I was confused because the House of Blues has always been spot on with the mixing with every other band Iíve seen there. Seeing Gene Hoglan destroy that kit in person was glorious. They wound up cutting DNR from their set which sort of pissed me off but oh well.

This was my first time seeing Killswitch since MayhemFest 2009, which was my first ever metal show and I had no idea who they were. They wound up being one of my first metal bands and Iíve been waiting to see them again ever since. It pissed me off that I couldnít see them on the AOJB anniversary tour since itís my favorite album by them. Thankfully the venueís mixing was back up to par for KSE and they put on a great fucking show. Setlist was a great mix of old and new material, and Jesse is one of the most charismatic frontmen in metal. I think somebody else already said it, but the crowd sing-along on The End of Heartache was chilling. The only time Iíve heard a louder response was probably both times Iíve seen Chevelle at Lupoís. Wound up getting both a drumstick and a setlist. I gave the setlist to my friend since heís a gigantic KSE fan and I already had the drumstick, but the drumstick ended up falling out of the car at some point so itís gone. Great show though.

Last band was Lamb of God. This was my third time seeing them in a span of one year, and was the best performance Iíve seen from them yet. The fill-in bassist did a great job, and Randy had a level of energy Iíve never seen from him. I donít know if itís because it was a sold-out show, but Randy was on fucking fire. He was belting out lines that he usually has left to the crowd for the past few years, and was moving spastically the whole damn set. The highlight of the entire show was Vigil, which really should be a set staple for the band. Wound up jumping off the rail and into the pit during the song, and promptly got straight up trampled by the circle pit. As in legitimately trampled, I have no idea how I got back up or how I didnít break anything, but Iím not complaining. Hung out in the pit for the rest of the set and led the charge during Black Label. Left that pit with bloody knuckles.

Couldnít move the entire next day. So successful show.

Huntress 4/10
Testament 7/10
Killswitch Engage 9/10
Lamb of God 9/10