PDA

View Full Version : SPIRIT CARAVAN reuniting

ravenheart
11-22-2013, 03:34 AM
First confirmed date is Desertfest in London. They are not claiming it's an exclusive of any kind, so am expecting more dates soon!

"In the seven year period they were originally together, the ‘Van made two albums, an EP, and a split with Sixty Watt Shaman. Imbued with a love of the legends, their first album ‘Jug Fulla Sun’ paid homage to the classics of both hard rock and southern rock, reveling in Wino’s musical experiences that stretch back as far as 1976 to the pre-Obsessed days of Warhorse. The second LP, ‘Elusive Truth’, took on a more contemporary sound by injecting oppressive, doom-laden metal with some hardcore punk spirit, recalling the days when 1980s Saint Vitus defied conventions on the SST label alongside Black Flag.

Having been in hot demand with this year’s Saint Vitus, Obsessed and solo appearances at festivals including Inferno and Maryland Deathfest, Wino thankfully works hard to stay at the top of his game, doing what he was born to do and justifying his respected position as one of the godfathers of US doom.

Its early days for this welcome reunion and more details will follow."

RAZOR
11-22-2013, 08:47 AM
oh my god.

:party:

MikeConnor123
11-22-2013, 08:50 AM
maybe part of todays mdf announcement??

mankvill
11-22-2013, 09:04 AM
maybe part of todays mdf announcement??

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh.

ravenheart
11-22-2013, 12:07 PM
oh my god.

:party:

Quite. I generally have little interest in this festival because it's all too predictable, but I'm so going to whichever day Spirit Caravan headline.