PDA

View Full Version : 2014...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

christopher
04-02-2014, 12:44 PM
I rmember back when they released a couple new songs... ON MYSPACE.... got so excited... still nothing :(

The entire album is recorded and ready to go. They just shelved it for all we know. :(

mankvill
04-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Buahahahahahaha

hahahahaha

Buahahahaha

hahaha

:axe:

elturtleboy
04-02-2014, 01:09 PM
New OFF! and Sockweb are p cool

MPF
04-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Coming up next on CBS, Julia Louis Dreyfus in, 'Now It's Just Getting Sad'

larvtard
04-02-2014, 02:10 PM
I still have a hard time believing it's not an excellent troll account by manks.

I know there are a lot of stupid people out there but c'mon... :eek:

http://www.famouspictures.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/I_want_to_believe5.jpg

Please tell us what they're like, jhpussyslayer. :snivel:

I've missed this. Come back to us. :snivel:

slapguitarer
04-02-2014, 03:08 PM
I know some people on here have never seen a vagina and causes them to say retatrded shit too. I love Cynic and always liked their intelligent lyrics but they went over the top to me. Have you even heard the cd or read the lyrics?

Actually shouldn't you be watching American Idol on DVR Dude?

Buahahahaha

Is this really an insult? Perhaps I'm missing some context, but I don't see how that could be insulting or funny. As if making virgin jokes weren't reaching enough.

Please get off your rocker and into your grave, grandpa.

mankvill
04-02-2014, 03:13 PM
Is this really an insult? Perhaps I'm missing some context, but I don't see how that could be insulting or funny. As if making virgin jokes weren't reaching enough.

Please get off your rocker and into your grave, grandpa.

http://i57.tinypic.com/ofvntc.png

"Buahahahahaha!"

anomynous
04-02-2014, 03:14 PM
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/grandpa-simpson-gif.gif

Natrlhi
04-02-2014, 06:48 PM
It's meant to be comedic obviously.

So is standing there making fart noises under your armpit, but after you pass the age of around ten or so, it's neither funny nor impressive. It's just kinda sad, really.

MPF
04-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Bros usually have a really shitty taste in humor.

If music was just about trying to get laid I would have joined a Justin Beiber cover band by now.

Ommie
04-02-2014, 07:04 PM
:axe:
Yeah, seriously

illuminatus917
04-02-2014, 07:14 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/1zmysfo.png

hb420
04-02-2014, 07:56 PM
First EP of two (second one will be recorded this summer) between Thou and The Body collaborating together at Invisible Oranges. here (http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2014/04/premiere-thou-the-body-released-from-love/)

new top 10

1. Triptykon - Melana Chasmata
2. Swans - To Be Kind
3. Conan - Blood Eagle
4. Morbus Chron - Sweven
5. St. Vincent - St. Vincent
6. Coffinworm - IV.I.VIII
7. Thou - Heathen
8. Warpaint - Warpaint
9. Cormorant - Earth Diver
10. Nux Vomica - Nux Vomica

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Cynic that high and Steel Panther that low... Wow. Some of those Cynic lyrics are just so f'n bad... I dig some of the music but just can't over the Haight-Ashbury crap...

This was my original comment. Do I not have a right to dislike a band who I've always liked who have gone Hippie/Hipster/Trippy whatever you want to call it?

So someone retaliates and they're the bad guy? Ok, got it.

Dude puts Carrie Underwood and /or Kelly Clarkson in every top 10 list on here hence the Idol comment. How do you not know that?

The only sad thing I see is people being sheep and liking something because everyone else on here does. Old Cynic was awesome. New Cynic isn't my thing and I made a comment on someone's list who I thought had some similar tastes and was called out for it. Why?

Apparently some people can't let some old stuff go. Maybe...

slapguitarer
04-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Yes, and my original comment was that Steel Panther is garbage. I was also stating an opinion. Then you decide to started calling people names. Then people called you on your shit. Keep cryin.

Buahahahahahaha

slapguitarer
04-02-2014, 09:04 PM
I'll also just throw it out there that the new Cynic was bad.

MPF
04-02-2014, 09:11 PM
This was my original comment. Do I not have a right to dislike a band who I've always liked who have gone Hippie/Hipster/Trippy whatever you want to call it?

So someone retaliates and they're the bad guy? Ok, got it.

Dude puts Carrie Underwood and /or Kelly Clarkson in every top 10 list on here hence the Idol comment. How do you not know that?

The only sad thing I see is people being sheep and liking something because everyone else on here does. Old Cynic was awesome. New Cynic isn't my thing and I made a comment on someone's list who I thought had some similar tastes and was called out for it. Why?

Apparently some people can't let some old stuff go. Maybe...

You have every right not to like new Cynic, but saying I'm a nerdy virgin who has never seen a vagina is a bit much of a retaliation don't you think?

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Sad Slappy...

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/jhdeity/Hipster1.jpg (http://s70.photobucket.com/user/jhdeity/media/Hipster1.jpg.html)

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 09:14 PM
You have every right not to like new Cynic, but saying I'm a nerdy virgin who has never seen a vagina is a bit much of a retaliation don't you think?

Wasn't referring to you Dude. You didn't attack me. At least at that point

slapguitarer
04-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Sad Slappy...

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/jhdeity/Hipster1.jpg (http://s70.photobucket.com/user/jhdeity/media/Hipster1.jpg.html)

Coming from the guy with a multi paragraph butthurt response

:zzz:

moobys37
04-02-2014, 09:17 PM

Yeah it's pretty goddamn terrible. There's almost nothing going on at all the entire time.

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 09:20 PM

We agree on that. If I called Deafheaven garbage you would have lost your gord and you know it. I think new Steel Panther is great. I was surprised someone would rank it and rank it that low. I was also surprised someone liked Cynic that much. I actually expected an interesting debate not hearing Sp is garbage. Is what it is, who cares.

I really liked the new Chevelle I heard today but god forbid you mention them on here. If they're not post rock, obscure jazz fusion they SUCK! Who knew?

mankvill
04-02-2014, 09:20 PM
people being sheep

Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha

Ep7a_Zl74uk

Datjazzfusion
04-02-2014, 09:24 PM
We agree on that. If I called Deafheaven garbage you would have lost your gord and you know it. I think new Steel Panther is great. I was surprised someone would rank it and rank it that low. I was also surprised someone liked Cynic that much. I actually expected an interesting debate not hearing Sp is garbage. Is what it is, who cares.

I really liked the new Chevelle I heard today but god forbid you mention them on here. If they're not post rock, obscure jazz fusion they SUCK! Who knew?

:bouville:

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Coming from the guy with a multi paragraph butthurt response

:zzz:

I'm man enough to explain myself. By the way they added a Hipster filter on Instagram for ya shemanks. That dude who's face you were licking all over the internet would love it.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/jhdeity/hipster2.jpg (http://s70.photobucket.com/user/jhdeity/media/hipster2.jpg.html)

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 09:26 PM
:bouville:

I actually like jazz fusion like Shining, just making a point. All good.

The Manks She-Wolfpack is in effect now...

mankvill
04-02-2014, 09:27 PM
I'm man enough

Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha

1Rq72O-qLqk

moobys37
04-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Not gonna lie the fact that a 7 year old helped put out one of the best grind records this year getting buried in a dumb argument kinda sucks.

slapguitarer
04-02-2014, 09:28 PM

Plenty of others have straight insulted Deafheaven. The closest I came to "losing my gord" was just talking shit on their personal preferences, not even completely serious some of the time. I've never actually insulted anybody by calling them names.

And there are people here who dig artists like Chevelle, but they aren't as vocal as those who dislike bland hard rock or bland heavy metal. It seems most people here like music with a little bit of depth. I'm not saying one group of people is better than the other, but there's a majority.

mankvill
04-02-2014, 09:29 PM
"I love Steel Panther and Chevelle"
"I'm not a sheep"

Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha

4HAUzVJPM2g

slapguitarer
04-02-2014, 09:30 PM
lol, real men explain their reasoning by calling people virgins. Glad I have you to teach me these things, jhdeity.

mankvill
04-02-2014, 09:32 PM
"At the first sign of argument or dissenting opinion, I run to insult them based on how they look or what's on their Facebook" = "My anus is leaking so much from how butthurt I am, I need to attack them quick!"

Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha
Buahahahahahaha

blpe_sGnnP4

MPF
04-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Not to take away from this argument. but the Hank Hill BUHAHAHA video nearly made me piss my pants. It only gets funnier the longer you listen.

anomynous
04-02-2014, 09:40 PM
I like this thread

mankvill
04-02-2014, 09:44 PM
I like this thread

5XBASpkDzx8

mankvill
04-02-2014, 09:52 PM
CCCvmRa7POQ

I've let some people know about them already, but Bast's album "Spectres" is my #1 album of the year so far. I think they're what Mastodon or Baroness would sound like if they played black metal.

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Plenty of others have straight insulted Deafheaven. The closest I came to "losing my gord" was just talking shit on their personal preferences, not even completely serious some of the time. I've never actually insulted anybody by calling them names.

And there are people here who dig artists like Chevelle, but they aren't as vocal as those who dislike bland hard rock or bland heavy metal. It seems most people here like music with a little bit of depth. I'm not saying one group of people is better than the other, but there's a majority.

Nice underline on the calling them names... That's never happened before.

You know the funniest comic ever? The time manks begged like a little girl to be a mod on here. Now THAT'S BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-able

Seriously Jackie if you didn't spend every waking moment posting comics on here you would see how people are clowning you all over the other metal boards adn sites. I guess you stay here because it's the only place you have "friends" Buahahahahahahahahaha

slapguitarer
04-02-2014, 10:00 PM
So calling somebody a virgin or a hipster in a derogatory tone isn't equal to calling somebody a name? Don't act like you threw those words out there without any malice.

MPF
04-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Is this really still happening?

Come on get over it already, it's the fucking internet!

mankvill
04-02-2014, 10:11 PM
people are clowning you all over the other metal boards adn sites. I guess you stay here because it's the only place you have "friends" Buahahahahahahahahaha

>is doing the same thing I did against WK
>thinks it's effective in any way
>is a 37-year old grown man trying to troll on the internet

This is not buahahaha-worthy. This is just sad now. :(

mankvill
04-02-2014, 10:14 PM
>thinks posting about that one time I wanted to be a mod literally over four years ago is calling me out
>cares about "calling people out" on an internet forum

:( Jeeze buddy. Tell us about your 2014 albums without resorting to childish insults or remarks, not let on how much of a high-school mentality you still have 20 years on.

slapguitarer
04-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Is this really still happening?

Come on get over it already, it's the fucking internet!

This is more for entertainment than anything, really.

mankvill
04-02-2014, 10:26 PM
This is more for entertainment than anything, really.

I guess some people just can't let things go. :( I mean, I'm 24 and even I think this is childish.

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 10:26 PM
>thinks posting about that one time I wanted to be a mod literally over four years ago is calling me out
>cares about "calling people out" on an internet forum

:( Jeeze buddy. Tell us about your 2014 albums without resorting to childish insults or remarks, not let on how much of a high-school mentality you still have 20 years on.

Yeah I don't call a band someone likes garbage and say dumb shit about age then say I don't call names. It's the same thing. That was my point.

As far as Manks goes if you're gay that's cool man. I don't judge. We had that debate back when you had your little cronies and I owned you and they all cried when I blasted them. Saying I should be deleted because I called Dude Galifinakis and said you were a Virgin. There is history there and some people might know and others don't. But I know you remember.

As far as the gay pics, I would never bring it up if you didn't troll me on here. Did I troll you? Did I ask your opinion about a band? Dudes are blasting you and your pics all over sites man. I support equality and really care less who and what people like sexually or if they're asexual. I guess uber-trolling will catch up to you. Good to know...

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 10:28 PM
And if you're not, that's cool too. Just sayin' man.

mankvill
04-02-2014, 10:29 PM
:( How sad. He still calls people gay and thinks calling someone a virgin is a sick burn. This is a man who is almost 40.

Jayson, I honestly hope something good happens to you so you can let things like this go. I'd be scared for someone my age acting like this, but it's pretty alarming when it's someone your age.

I'm being completely serious. Do you need someone to talk to? Is everything okay?

MPF
04-02-2014, 10:30 PM
As far as Manks goes if you're gay that's cool man. I don't judge. We had that debate back when you had your little cronies and I owned you and they all cried when I blasted them. Saying I should be deleted because I called Dude Galifinakis and said you were a Virgin. There is history there and some people might know and others don't. But I know you remember.

As far as the gay pics, I would never bring it up if you didn't troll me on here. Did I troll you? Did I ask your opinion about a band? Dudes are blasting you and your pics all over sites man. I support equality and really care less who and what people like sexually or if they're asexual. I guess uber-trolling will catch up to you. Good to know...

....the fuck is it with everyone getting offended automatically resorting to calling people gay or feeling their own sexuality is questioned?

mankvill
04-02-2014, 10:31 PM
....the fuck is it with everyone getting offended automatically resorting to calling people gay or feeling their own sexuality is questioned?

Don't blame him. It's just the environment he was brought up in.

Seriously, it's not his fault he's like this.

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 10:33 PM

I never said he was gay. I'm saying there are gay-ish pics of him on other metal sites from people he trolled.

Just own it Dude. Are there pics of you licking dudes faces or not? Is that not you? They used your name. Do you not think people might construe that as you being into guys?

Like I said you must have trolled the wrong people because they made those stupid bitstrips and everything of you

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 10:34 PM
I gotta crash. You can go troll those other guys for a while. Maybe get a hobby...

mankvill
04-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Like, he's using all these things he's seen on my public Facebook profile to get me to worry that people are talking behind my back or something.

That is straight-up high school mentality. I'm actually really worried about him. Like, can you believe someone who is almost 40 actually does that? Like, that's where they go to?

I just feel pity. That's all I feel.

MPF
04-02-2014, 10:39 PM
I never said he was gay. I'm saying there are gay-ish pics of him on other metal sites from people he trolled.

Just own it Dude. Are there pics of you licking dudes faces or not? Is that not you? They used your name. Do you not think people might construe that as you being into guys?

Like I said you must have trolled the wrong people because they made those stupid bitstrips and everything of you

I'm not even going to pretend like I know what the fuck you are talking about, But no matter who is in those pictures of guys licking other guys faces, why does that bother you?

I'm straight as an arrow and have been with my girlfriend for a year coming up next Saturday. Other people's sexualities do no bother me in the slightest. Some are straight, some are gay, some are bi, some rape donkeys. unless someone is trying to rape me at gunpoint, I could not give less of a fuck of a person's sexuality. Why should it matter to you.

Just do yourself a favor and let this go, it's sad when a 16 year old haas to result to this, it's even sadder when you have to.

Just admit the last couple days were fucked up, we're all butthurt and pissed off internet trolls and move the fuck on.

mankvill
04-02-2014, 10:42 PM
It's not his fault.

Back to 2014 albums...

MPF
04-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Yes back to it...

And since everyone missed my joke about it before I'll repeat it here:

I would say the new Austrian Death Machine is a killer album, but I'm going to go to the gym and find a guy to do it for me.

anomynous
04-02-2014, 10:54 PM
That Lesser Key EP is pretty good, even though they're definitely over playing the Paul D'Amour aspect of it. They were a local St. Louis band, released an EP, then moved out to California. Somewhere along the line they lost their bassist and picked up D'Amour. The EP they released is a re-recording of their original EP. So bottom line: He wasn't really a driving force for this EP.

But Steel Panther definitely has album of the year so far.

slapguitarer
04-02-2014, 10:58 PM
So, Thou and The Body are releasing a collab album on vinyl only but it's streaming on Inivisible Oranges I think. It's badass.

Datjazzfusion
04-02-2014, 11:00 PM
So, Thou and The Body are releasing a collab album on vinyl only but it's streaming on Inivisible Oranges I think. It's badass.

Heathen is a great mixture of showcasing elements being monolithic and melodic :drool:

How is the release The Body released this year?

And how does the split compare?

mankvill
04-02-2014, 11:04 PM

:drool:

kalfitegrdan
04-03-2014, 01:22 AM
:drool:

+1

Thou's new one is so good. Never listened to The Body though.

Edit: Also, take that "Forum is Slowly Dying"! Seven pages on this thread in 24 hours! :lol:

Natrlhi
04-03-2014, 06:19 AM
It's not his fault.
GtkST5-ZFHw

Y'know what'd be priceless? A video of Manks playing the Sean to jhdeity's Will in the podcast thread.

slapguitarer
04-03-2014, 06:30 AM
Heathen is a great mixture of showcasing elements being monolithic and melodic :drool:

How is the release The Body released this year?

And how does the split compare?

The Body's new one is great. I just learned recently that it's actually a collaboration with The Haxan Cloak, a dark ambient artist. It's pretty heavy on the electronic noise. Good stuff.

And it's not a split between thou and The Body. They wrote the four songs together. That's why it's so awesome.

GtkST5-ZFHw

Y'know what'd be priceless? A video of Manks playing the Sean to jhdeity's Will in the podcast thread.

Yes

Natrlhi
04-03-2014, 06:40 AM
The Body's new one is great. I just learned recently that it's actually a collaboration with The Haxan Cloak, a dark ambient artist. It's pretty heavy on the electronic noise. Good stuff.
This post just made me want to listen to The Body even more. I loved Excavation to bits, espcially after I heard it was basically the artist's attempt to write a soundtrack for the process of death. That's just fucking wild.

By the way, you'd have known how much I liked The Haxan Cloak if I'd have done my 2013 year-end thread...maybe I should get on that shit someday. :lol:

jhdeity
04-03-2014, 07:06 AM
GtkST5-ZFHw

Seriously? So this is the part when I say I thought we were dropping this stupid shit and everyone jumps on me saying I kept it going? What a dick move man. Seriously!

Saw the private message Manks but I don't open private messages on here since someone sent me a virus on here back when you were in your "bash anyone who ever mentions Lamb of God or Pantera mode" Remember that?

I've moved on but if you had something meaningful to say you can say it to me at MDF. If not, it's all good. I'll never understand the whole hijacking people's conversation wolfpack mentality but apparently it isn't 100% dead on here. A true man fights his own battles... or debates.

Dextrimental
04-03-2014, 08:00 AM
:lol:

Man, not sure if I found this entertaining or really sad. Good game, y'all!

Onto 2014 - Can anyone recommend me some grind 'Nails' style? Been hankering for it and I'm a little out of sorts this year as I've got a lot going on with college and at home.

That 'Bast' is sick, new 'Serpentine's Path' is going to rule, too.

ravenheart
04-03-2014, 08:49 AM
So much lame... so little time...

Some o' y'all are broken motherfuckers.

moobys37
04-03-2014, 08:52 AM
I think The Body is at their best when they're working with other artists. For me their "solo" albums are a bit dry but their work with Assembly of Light, Thou, and the new one are by far their best work.

Natrlhi
04-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Seriously? So this is the part when I say I thought we were dropping this stupid shit and everyone jumps on me saying I kept it going? What a dick move man. Seriously!It was a joke, man. Lighten the fuck up.

EDIT: Sheesh, maybe you really do need a good hard cry.

jhdeity
04-03-2014, 09:49 AM
It was a joke, man. Lighten the fuck up.

EDIT: Sheesh, maybe you really do need a good hard cry.

Just wanted to drop it man. I thought there would be an interesting lyric debate stemming from my initial comment. Did I attack anyone in that comment? Was I an asshole or called anyones preferences garbage? No. Was very surprised you would be part of something so retarded. That's all. Seriously, WTF?

ravenheart
04-03-2014, 10:11 AM
Yeah, stuff should totally be dropped. It's not worth it. Until several months has passed and it can be dredged up again during the next butthurt episode. But until then, drop it.

LogicBomb
04-03-2014, 10:13 AM

Onto 2014 - Can anyone recommend me some grind 'Nails' style? Been hankering for it and I'm a little out of sorts this year as I've got a lot going on with college and at home.

Mother Brain? Not quite as mosh-y though.

http://mannequinrein.bandcamp.com/album/mother-brain-rise-and-grind

Natrlhi
04-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Just wanted to drop it man. I thought there would be an interesting lyric debate stemming from my initial comment. Did I attack anyone in that comment? Was I an asshole or called anyones preferences garbage? No. Was very surprised you would be part of something so retarded. That's all. Seriously, WTF?Yeah, I guess I underestimated how pissed you'd gotten about the whole thing. Honestly, I thought the video would get a few cheap laughs and everybody would move on after that, so in my own silly little way I guess I was just trying to help.

That said, Steel Panther is an abomination in every way. Just sayin'. :fight: ;)

kalfitegrdan
04-03-2014, 10:26 AM

Dead in the Dirt, Weekend Nachos, maybe even Mammoth Grinder. Honestly, I don't think there's anyone that comes close to Nails, but these might be similar to what you're looking for.

jhdeity
04-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I guess I underestimated how pissed you'd gotten about the whole thing. Honestly, I thought the video would get a few cheap laughs and everybody would move on after that, so in my own silly little way I guess I was just trying to help.

That said, Steel Panther is an abomination in every way. Just sayin'. :fight: ;)

All good man. I love em. They're so much fun live. To each his own. I go see bands live where everyone is standing there with their arms crossed judging the guitarist on his solo's the whole time and that's just not my scene.

If I had kids I might not drive around listening to SP but it makes me laugh and it puts me in a great mood. We all enjoy music for our own reasons and I rarely listen to SP but when I do it's always fun.

I do find it funny when I explain my jokes it's called butthurt by some bloke but when my music gets attacked because someone else is still butthurt over being called a Hipster or Vag or whatever it's like apples and oranges. History is what it is I guess. I've never ganged up on someone or tried to pile on but some people really love that shit. That's the only sad think I saw throughout all this.

Jamming new Austrian Death Machine now. Very comical also. Guess I'm a fan of comedy metal now. Who knew?

slapguitarer
04-03-2014, 11:35 AM
CCCvmRa7POQ

I've let some people know about them already, but Bast's album "Spectres" is my #1 album of the year so far. I think they're what Mastodon or Baroness would sound like if they played black metal.

If you dig this a lot, you'd dig Chrome Waves. They released a self-titled EP in 2012. Sounds a lot like this and features members of The Atlas Moth.

adamclark52
04-03-2014, 11:40 AM

Who better than Nails? Nobody!

Someone turned me on to All Pigs Must Die and I got their album God is War. It's good and in a similar vein. But still not the same. Three of their songs is one of Nails' albums.

Dextrimental
04-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Who better than Nails? Nobody!

Someone turned me on to All Pigs Must Die and I got their album God is War. It's good and in a similar vein. But still not the same. Three of their songs is one of Nails' albums.

Check out His Hero Is gone if you haven't, they rule!

Thanks for the recommendations peeps, all have been good! :D

smearCampaign
04-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Check out His Hero Is gone if you haven't, they rule!

Thanks for the recommendations peeps, all have been good! :D

Maybe check out Hatred Surge as well if no one tossed them out there.

Dextrimental
04-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Maybe check out Hatred Surge as well if no one tossed them out there.

I'm a fan of those guys, Human Overdose is sick!

Natrlhi
04-03-2014, 01:36 PM
That Bast was pretty damn sweet. Looks like I might need to check out Chrome Waves as well.

Oh, and on the subject of bands similar to Nails...there's a band called Asschapel who put out an album called "Fire and Destruction" in 2003 (and really hasn't done anything since, much to my disappointment) that I've tried pimping on here a couple of times, but to no avail. Even though they're not *exactly* the same as Nails, they're fast as hell and ultra heavy, and I always thought they were way ahead of their time. That, and the album is rather short (only about 22 minutes), but it's fucking relentless and I thought of it immediately when I first listened to "Abandon All Life".

EDIT: Mumakil is pretty cool if you like some heavy-ass deathgrind. Kinda like Origin meets Rotten Sound. :fist:

EDIT2: Exhale is a Swedish grind band who likes to use the same "buzzsaw" guitar tone as Nails. Their 2010 album "Blind" is pretty fucking sweet.

ravenheart
04-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Jesus god, new BLS is awful. And I would consider myself a BLS fan (& at times apologist) but this is shit. When I heard the single come out I really had my doubts. I've usually at the very least enjoyed their singles but the new one blew and the album does too.

There are a few ballads from them I enjoy. All the ballads on here are boring. Almost everything has almost a bland mid tempo pace. Nothing memorable. There's maybe 1 song that is decent and that's it. Order of the Black IMO was a really great album. I didn't think anything could suck like Shot To Hell. I was wrong. There's still atleast a few songs I like on that album.

It really isn't that bad. Sure it's no Stronger Than Death, but they're never going to get back to that. They're probably never even going to get back to Mafia again. But this one and the last one are both twice as good as Shot To Hell.

This one at least has more varied riffs on it, Zakk's vocals on the ballads are his best in years (even if the songs themselves aren't stellar), and the new drummer is a different league to previous BLS drummers. Honestly, this album is a solid 3/5 at worst. It's not going to be making any (valid) year end lists, but as a BLS fan this is enjoyable enough.

ravenheart
04-03-2014, 03:46 PM
I just listened to A Query in Chains. It's brilliant.

I can't wait to hear the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaMAikZzJYg

illuminatus917
04-03-2014, 06:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaMAikZzJYg

I listened to that one too. Cant find any tracks beyond those two though.

XDoomsayerX
04-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Neck Deep is where good pop punk is at homies!

dcmetal108
04-03-2014, 08:35 PM

Agreed

christopher
04-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Oh, and on the subject of bands similar to Nails...there's a band called Asschapel who put out an album called "Fire and Destruction" in 2003 (and really hasn't done anything since, much to my disappointment) that I've tried pimping on here a couple of times, but to no avail. Even though they're not *exactly* the same as Nails, they're fast as hell and ultra heavy, and I always thought they were way ahead of their time. That, and the album is rather short (only about 22 minutes), but it's fucking relentless and I thought of it immediately when I first listened to "Abandon All Life".

I thought you were making fun of Whitechapel for a minute. :lol: I looked them Asschapel up and they're pretty sick.

christopher
04-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Dead in the Dirt, Weekend Nachos, maybe even Mammoth Grinder. Honestly, I don't think there's anyone that comes close to Nails, but these might be similar to what you're looking for.

Knife Fight is the closest band to Nails you will find. ;)

Dextrimental
04-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Knife Fight is the closest band to Nails you will find. ;)

:lol: These guys rule but they're not quite Nails ;)

christopher
04-04-2014, 11:53 AM
:lol: These guys rule but they're not quite Nails ;)

You know the singer of Nails plays guitar for Knife Fight, right? I never said they sounded like Nails. :tongue:

El Gordo
04-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Has anyone listened to Inferi - The Path of Apotheosis? (if it's been mentioned already, my apologies)

I've listened to a few tracks and am definitely digging it. Full album stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShiEuQk5agg

christopher
04-04-2014, 01:30 PM
That new Ringworm is fucking awesome!! They are playing a tiny Mexican restaurant near me next weekend. I hope I can make it.

mastodon421
04-04-2014, 02:50 PM

I agree, Wishful Thinking is a pretty dope record.

Spiner202
04-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Picked up a few new records today:

Sonata Arctica - The music is ok, but they do a lot of dumb things to mess it up (terrible lyrics, weird voiceovers, etc)

Lost Society - Wicked stuff. Almost as good as the first one.

Primal Fear - Really killer album. These guys just write catchy song after catchy song.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Picked up a few new records today:

Sonata Arctica - The music is ok, but they do a lot of dumb things to mess it up (terrible lyrics, weird voiceovers, etc)

Lost Society - Wicked stuff. Almost as good as the first one.

Primal Fear - Really killer album. These guys just write catchy song after catchy song.

I thought this album was kinda weak tbh, though I've never been a huge fan of them anyway, it's definitely not one of their better records.

Spiner202
04-05-2014, 02:15 PM
I thought this album was kinda weak tbh, though I've never been a huge fan of them anyway, it's definitely not one of their better records.

I've only heard four of their records: Primal Fear, Black Sun, Unbreakable, and Delivering the Black and the latter two have been the best for me. The songs are more in the heavy/power vein than straight ahead power metal, but I find them catchier. I know I'm still missing a few classic Primal Fear records, but their earlier stuff doesn't do a lot for me at the moment.

elturtleboy
04-05-2014, 02:22 PM
So far
LP
1. Gridlink - Longhena
2. Nausea - Condemn To the System
3. Morfin - Inoculation
3. Ringworm - Hammer Of The Witch
4.OFF! - Wasted Years
5. Exmortus- Slave To The Sword
6. Sockweb - Werewolf

EP
Cave State - S/t
Iron Reagan - Spoiled Identity
Dangers - Five O" Clock Shadow

Check em if you havnt. Especially Morfin for your classic DM needs and Cave State for angry Powerviolence..

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-05-2014, 02:47 PM
I've only heard four of their records: Primal Fear, Black Sun, Unbreakable, and Delivering the Black and the latter two have been the best for me. The songs are more in the heavy/power vein than straight ahead power metal, but I find them catchier. I know I'm still missing a few classic Primal Fear records, but their earlier stuff doesn't do a lot for me at the moment.

Seven Seals and New Religion are really the only records I've liked as a whole, so definitely check them out.

ravenheart
04-06-2014, 10:27 AM

Actually, it is. It's their best since Seven Seals by a mile.

My favourites are still Seven Seals and Devil's Ground, although everything before Devil's Ground still contains many of their best songs.

MPF
04-06-2014, 04:12 PM
The new Triptykon is fucking magical. So damn good. One of the best albums of the year.

I'm also currently checking out a new discovery out of Finland called Crib45. Very heavy and Sludgy Doom Metal, but also very diverse. Very killer stuff!

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Actually, it is. It's their best since Seven Seals by a mile.

My favourites are still Seven Seals and Devil's Ground, although everything before Devil's Ground still contains many of their best songs.

After going back and listening to it again, I like it more than my first go through, maybe it's just one of those types of albums that gets better with more listens. "One Night In December" and "When Death Comes Knocking" are two in particular that I am liking.

Spiner202
04-06-2014, 05:38 PM
After going back and listening to it again, I like it more than my first go through, maybe it's just one of those types of albums that gets better with more listens. "One Night In December" and "When Death Comes Knocking" are two in particular that I am liking.

These two are probably my favourites. I really like when Primal Fear does more mid-paced/slower epic songs. It's the same reason why "Where Angels Die" is my favourite from Unbreakable.

jhdeity
04-06-2014, 08:33 PM
The new Triptykon is fucking magical. So damn good. One of the best albums of the year.

I'm also currently checking out a new discovery out of Finland called Crib45. Very heavy and Sludgy Doom Metal, but also very diverse. Very killer stuff!

Jamming it now. Had it confused with the old one.

It's definitely consistent and heavy as hell.

XDoomsayerX
04-07-2014, 12:32 PM
New More Than Life is :drool::drool::drool:

Also peeps who like Atlas Moth and DFHVN I need more bands like this! Where should I start?

smearCampaign
04-07-2014, 01:42 PM

Also peeps who like Atlas Moth and DFHVN I need more bands like this! Where should I start?

Altar of Plagues album from last year Teethed Glory and Injury perhaps...

Natrlhi
04-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Altar of Plagues album from last year Teethed Glory and Injury perhaps...That's what I was gonna say. :fist:

EDIT: Actually, anything by Altar of Plagues would suffice...no?

elturtleboy
04-07-2014, 01:56 PM

Wolves In The Throne Room

slapguitarer
04-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Lantlos. Chrome Waves. Woods of Desolation.

christopher
04-07-2014, 05:04 PM
For those who want a band like Nails and Nasum, here (http://thedrip.bandcamp.com/album/a-presentation-of-gruesome-poetics) ya go. The Drip have a new EP coming out in two weeks.

Spiner202
04-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Fans of traditional heavy metal: prepare yourself for the awesomeness that is Monument (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0tHrDK-wd0).

Just finishing up a listen of their debut record coming out next month and it is incredible how many guitar harmonies are on this record.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Fans of traditional heavy metal: prepare yourself for the awesomeness that is Monument (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0tHrDK-wd0).

Just finishing up a listen of their debut record coming out next month and it is incredible how many guitar harmonies are on this record.

I heard this band's EP last year, and it was awesome. Definitely going to check it out when it arrives.

christopher
04-07-2014, 08:12 PM
New Triptykon is so good!! :drool:

maidenpriest
04-08-2014, 04:33 AM
Just realized that Vanden Plas put out a new album. Really enjoying it, been way too long since their last album.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-08-2014, 05:27 AM
Just realized that Vanden Plas put out a new album. Really enjoying it, been way too long since their last album.

I just discovered them through this album, and I think it rocks.

maidenpriest
04-08-2014, 09:18 PM
I just discovered them through this album, and I think it rocks.

The new album is good, but Seraphic Clockwork and Christ 0 are masterpieces imo. Such great albums.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-09-2014, 05:53 AM
The new album is good, but Seraphic Clockwork and Christ 0 are masterpieces imo. Such great albums.

I'll make sure to check them out!

christopher
04-10-2014, 12:39 AM
This (http://rtnthe44s.bandcamp.com/album/no-9) is the third album RT has put out this year. Fucking awesome! If you like Johnny Cash, check this out!!!!

ravenheart
04-10-2014, 04:46 AM
PEOPLE OF THRASH

Three records you need in the first half of 2014:

Shrapnel - The Virus Conspires
Lost Society - Terror Hungry
Toxic Waltz - Decades of Pain

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Dynazty - Renatus

Fans of power metal need to check this out, pretty awesome stuff.

Onioner
04-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Toxic Waltz - Decades of Pain

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and be skeptical of a band that names itself after an Exodus song. I'll give it a listen, but man they need a better name.

anomynous
04-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and be skeptical of a band that names itself after an Exodus song. I'll give it a listen, but man they need a better name.

http://www.queensofsteel.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/bbb2.jpg

Onioner
04-10-2014, 02:01 PM
http://www.queensofsteel.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/bbb2.jpg

Haha yeah and where are they now? Hell, does anyone even know who's playing guitar for those guys at all? BBB were definitely one of the many thrash bands that were fun live but really uninteresting on album. For my money, Vektor and Warbringer are the only American newer thrash bands that have both great albums and a must-see live show.

Edit: I have no idea why there's a green smiley thing on this post.

ravenheart
04-10-2014, 02:13 PM

Turns out, all irrelevant. They are very, very good. Some of the best bands around are named after songs by older bands, it means nothing and should never influence the listening of them either way.

Onioner
04-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Turns out, all irrelevant. They are very, very good. Some of the best bands around are named after songs by older bands, it means nothing and should never influence the listening of them either way.

I disagree with the notion that the band names mean nothing. I'd be willing to bet that you're thinking of Overkill, right? They're a thrash band that named themselves after a song by a NWOBHM band. They're influenced by Motörhead, but don't play NWOBHM-style music.

BBB and Toxic Waltz are named after thrash songs, and took their thrash influences to make more thrash. Overkill took an influence and did something new with it, the others aren't really doing much new. A band that names themselves after a song/album in their same genre is probably less likely to do something new and interesting as opposed to a band that names themselves after a song in a separate genre. I'll take your word that Toxic Waltz are a fine band and I will try and give them an unbiased listen, but their name tells me that they won't do anything special within thrash. Thrash especially is such a rigid genre IMO, and I'm saying that even though I'm a fan.

Examples - I probably would be skeptical if I heard of a thrash band called Hell Awaits as opposed to a stoner rock called Trampled Underfoot. One gives off the impression that they're gonna retread on the same genre, the other sounds like they could be doing something at least not too obvious. Yes, in theory the name shouldn't matter, but in practice this psychological effect occurs that makes me wary of checking those bands out. Sue me, I'm human.

Edit: what the hell is up with these random things above the posts?!

daimonos
04-10-2014, 06:17 PM
For those who want a band like Nails and Nasum, here (http://thedrip.bandcamp.com/album/a-presentation-of-gruesome-poetics) ya go. The Drip have a new EP coming out in two weeks.

This (http://rtnthe44s.bandcamp.com/album/no-9) is the third album RT has put out this year. Fucking awesome! If you like Johnny Cash, check this out!!!!

You're really helpin me out here...

Thanks.

dcmetal108
04-10-2014, 06:48 PM
Speaking of Johnny Cash did anyone hear the new album that was just put out of old unreleased songs his son just found? Fucking amazing.

daimonos
04-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Speaking of Johnny Cash did anyone hear the new album that was just put out of old unreleased songs his son just found? Fucking amazing.

Not yet. I was kind of skeptical because it was recorded in the early 80's and that sort of material with all of those guys can be hit or miss. Thanks for the tip though, I'll pick it up!

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-11-2014, 06:41 AM
New H.e.a.t came out today, and it is absolutely fantastic! Possible contender for album of the year for me. Any person who likes melodic rock only in the slightest should check it out.
Here's one of the best songs off of the album, "Point Of No Return" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Wh6dmf41Q

XDoomsayerX
04-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Shout outs to the peeps who told me to listen to Woods of desolation and Altar of Plagues! :fist:

Both were eargsmic :drool::drool:

mastodon421
04-11-2014, 01:34 PM
New CunninLynguists is fantastic. Those dudes can seriously do no wrong.

MPF
04-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Kyng released their new album stream on Blabbermouth.

It may be my hard Rock Album of The Year.

hb420
04-11-2014, 09:13 PM
New Tombs albums sounds demented from the trailer. :drool:
New YOB has a title "Clearing The Path To Ascend" it's expected around August/September on Neurot. :party:

treghet
04-12-2014, 01:01 AM
I disagree with the notion that the band names mean nothing. I'd be willing to bet that you're thinking of Overkill, right? They're a thrash band that named themselves after a song by a NWOBHM band. They're influenced by Motörhead, but don't play NWOBHM-style music.

BBB and Toxic Waltz are named after thrash songs, and took their thrash influences to make more thrash. Overkill took an influence and did something new with it, the others aren't really doing much new. A band that names themselves after a song/album in their same genre is probably less likely to do something new and interesting as opposed to a band that names themselves after a song in a separate genre. I'll take your word that Toxic Waltz are a fine band and I will try and give them an unbiased listen, but their name tells me that they won't do anything special within thrash. Thrash especially is such a rigid genre IMO, and I'm saying that even though I'm a fan.

Examples - I probably would be skeptical if I heard of a thrash band called Hell Awaits as opposed to a stoner rock called Trampled Underfoot. One gives off the impression that they're gonna retread on the same genre, the other sounds like they could be doing something at least not too obvious. Yes, in theory the name shouldn't matter, but in practice this psychological effect occurs that makes me wary of checking those bands out. Sue me, I'm human.

Another good example of a band that took their name from one of their main influences and expanded on the style is Mayhem. I agree with the sentiment that bands that take their name from an old song / album in the genre they play tend to be bland, but on rare occasions they can end up being enjoyable. I think you would agree that Orchid is an exception.

Spiner202
04-12-2014, 03:43 AM
New Insomnium is pretty meh. It sounds like the last two, but it goes on too long. The two singles are by far the best tracks.

HandOfDoom
04-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Kyng released their new album stream on Blabbermouth.

It may be my hard Rock Album of The Year.

Thanks for reminding me, saw the post on BM, and didnt have time to listen to it at the time. Have listened to it 5 times already now, cant see it not being in my top 10, really fucking good.

MPF
04-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Thanks for reminding me, saw the post on BM, and didnt have time to listen to it at the time. Have listened to it 5 times already now, cant see it not being in my top 10, really fucking good.

Pepe has become a good friend of mine since I met him opening for In Flames and Trivium. NExt Friday will be a great time hearing the new songs live.

The new album isn't nearly has Metal, but it is more rockin' and a lot of fun to listen to.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Well I guess it's time for my first top ten of the year, though with Monument, DragonForce, Winger, and Crazy Lixx on the way this is definitely going to change.

10.Pretty Wild - Pretty Wild
9.Iced Earth - Plagues Of Babylon
8.Iron Savior - Rise Of The Hero
7.Vanden Plas - Chronicles Of The Immortals-Netherworld (Path 1)
6.Sonata Arctica - Pariah's Child
5.Dynazty - Renatus
4.Steel Panther - All You Can Eat
3.Persuader - The Fiction Maze
2.H.e.a.t - Tearing Down The Walls (tie for first)
1.Skull Fist - Chasing The Dream

HandOfDoom
04-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Pepe has become a good friend of mine since I met him opening for In Flames and Trivium. NExt Friday will be a great time hearing the new songs live.

The new album isn't nearly has Metal, but it is more rockin' and a lot of fun to listen to.

Oh man, that's awesome, your band opened for In Flames and Trivium!? The lack of metal doesn't bother me at all, if anything its kind of refreshing.

MPF
04-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Oh man, that's awesome, your band opened for In Flames and Trivium!? The lack of metal doesn't bother me at all, if anything its kind of refreshing.

I meant when Kyng opened for In Flames and Trivium. Although my band did open for Morbid Angel back in October (granted I was in the hospital at the time :( )

I feel the same way. I hear a lot of people bitching about it because it's simpler and poppier in their eyes. To me, it sounds like a Kyng album, just more Hard Rock. And i love it.

HandOfDoom
04-13-2014, 12:40 PM
I meant when Kyng opened for In Flames and Trivium. Although my band did open for Morbid Angel back in October (granted I was in the hospital at the time :( )

I feel the same way. I hear a lot of people bitching about it because it's simpler and poppier in their eyes. To me, it sounds like a Kyng album, just more Hard Rock. And i love it.

Ah okk, gotcha. Damnnn thats baad timing :mad: I just remembered reading that a few of the boards members have opened for some pretty big name bands. This is the first time I hearing Kyng, so I really cant compare, but though I wouldn't really call it metal I definitely wouldn't call it poppy or simple either. I'm loving it too, going to give it another listen after this new 311 is done, which is some more great hard rock, not as good as Kyng though, imo!!

Addicted2metal
04-13-2014, 09:36 PM
New Whitechapel and tuomas holopainen kicks ass!!! Just waiting for the agalloch and Avatar albums now!!!

Onioner
04-14-2014, 12:23 AM
Another good example of a band that took their name from one of their main influences and expanded on the style is Mayhem. I agree with the sentiment that bands that take their name from an old song / album in the genre they play tend to be bland, but on rare occasions they can end up being enjoyable. I think you would agree that Orchid is an exception.

Agreed on all fronts!

ravenheart
04-14-2014, 01:16 AM

Yeah, no, seriously, don't care about any of that. Band names mean shit other than marketing, and having preconceptions on what you're going to hear and how you're going to judge it based on them makes no sense.

Kudos on acquiring the random golden thumbs up though. Is that a secret board trophy achievement? ;)

larvtard
04-14-2014, 08:29 AM
Yeah, no, seriously, don't care about any of that. Band names mean shit other than marketing, and having preconceptions on what you're going to hear and how you're going to judge it based on them makes no sense.

Kudos on acquiring the random golden thumbs up though. Is that a secret board trophy achievement? ;)

I would presume that the type of people who would name their band after another band's song/album are either not very creative or just really obsessed with the band in question -- both of which will likely come off in their music. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but it certainly doesn't help.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-14-2014, 08:38 AM
I would presume that the type of people who would name their band after another band's song/album are either not very creative or just really obsessed with the band in question -- both of which will likely come off in their music. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but it certainly doesn't help.

Or maybe they simply think the name is cool and relates to their music?

John The Drummer
04-14-2014, 11:49 AM
Was really let down with the new Trollfest album, at least on first listen. Didn't have that same bouncy funness that the previous albums had had. Will give it another chance, but very different!

Nick_to_the_face
04-14-2014, 12:31 PM

Between The Buried and Me would like to have a word with you.

El Gordo
04-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Or maybe they simply think the name is cool and relates to their music?

Bingo. Fuck, people read way too much into this kind of stuff.

Dextrimental
04-14-2014, 03:55 PM

This.

Not every band is Bonded By Blood, a cool phrase is a cool phrase.

hb420
04-14-2014, 04:01 PM
Stream the Thantifaxath debut here (https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/sacred-white-noise) Coolest black metal of it's kind since the Krallice debut.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-14-2014, 04:02 PM

Ikr? band names shouldn't matter when it comes to listening to the bands. I used to be that way a little, thought band names like Gotthard and Crashdiet weren't good at all, but after I listened to them I realized I was missing out. Sure, it's always good to have a cool band name, but if they're not good they should never hinder you from listening to a band.

MPF
04-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Band names are like album covers.

They can be good or they can suck, but rarely if ever, show a true representation of the band's sound.

Dextrimental
04-14-2014, 04:30 PM

They can be good or they can suck, but rarely if ever, show a true representation of the band's sound.

Unless that band is Brain Drill

jhdeity
04-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Unless that band is Brain Drill

Well Played...

I saw the band Trapped Under Ice listed 20 times in places before I realized they weren't a Metallica Tribute band. To me that's too much. A band like Godsmack took a cool song title and made it theirs... kinda.

Trapped Under Ice will always be Metallica to me... I do like some of the bands music though but the name is just stupid.

Datjazzfusion
04-14-2014, 07:14 PM
Band names by themselves do not really dissuade me from listening. Unless they are some shit like Begging for Incest, then I have no interest in checking out their music. But the majority of the time Band Names are ultimately unimportant.

Dextrimental
04-14-2014, 08:45 PM
Well Played...

I saw the band Trapped Under Ice listed 20 times in places before I realized they weren't a Metallica Tribute band. To me that's too much. A band like Godsmack took a cool song title and made it theirs... kinda.

Trapped Under Ice will always be Metallica to me... I do like some of the bands music though but the name is just stupid.

Me too, I was absolutely convinced they were a high profile thrash covers band for a while. When I found out they weren't I figured they were a generic thrash band. Nope.

It's a cool name, but I think Metallica are just too popular of a band to take your name from - everyone and their dad knows Metallica's back catalog, especially in the undergound music scene.

El Gordo
04-15-2014, 02:58 AM
It's a cool name, but I think Metallica are just too popular of a band to take your name from - everyone and their dad knows Metallica's back catalog, especially in the undergound music scene.

Well, I'll agree with that, unless you want to call your band Ronnie or something! :lol:

treghet
04-15-2014, 03:41 AM

If the concept you imagined for an album cover or the name you thought of for your band does not represent the music you're writing (or in the case of a name, started off writing) then you've done something wrong. Sure, some bands' names or artwork may be more thought provoking or have an obscure meaning, but rest assured they made that decision for a reason. Part of marketing your band is to have a theme that represents what type of music you play. That's a major factor in getting people to listen to your work. This was especially the case before the age of the internet when people would be more likely to blindly purchase your album if it had artwork or a name that seemed relevant to their interests. Of course now it's much easier to try before you buy, but that doesn't mean everybody is going to take the time to do that. Whether or not anybody thinks it's right to disregard a band for their name or album art, the fact is that it happens and will continue to happen. Both are important to having success as an artist.

MPF
04-15-2014, 10:09 PM
Killer Be Killed is fucking phenomenal!

christopher
04-15-2014, 10:21 PM
NEW PLF (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWsYvUJ3gCI&feature=youtu.be):drool:

anomynous
04-16-2014, 08:38 AM
Killer Be Killed is fucking phenomenal!

Can't wait to see how bad it is, just downloaded

:finger:

HandOfDoom
04-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Doing this for the sake of my memory, only 8 so far.

1. Kyng- Burn The Serum
2. Conan- Blood Eagle
3. Behemoth- The Satanist
4. Truckfighters - Universe
5. Chevelle - La Gargola
6. Bong Breaker- Mountain
7. The Wounded Kings - Consolamentum
8. Indian - From All Purity

anomynous
04-16-2014, 12:50 PM
The first half of Killer Be Killed is alright, then it starts to suck.

Oh well.

MPF
04-16-2014, 01:06 PM
The first half of Killer Be Killed is alright, then it starts to suck.

Oh well.

Hey that's better than what you originally expected :tongue:

I kinda agree, the first half is way better. But I love the whole thing.

John The Drummer
04-16-2014, 01:13 PM
New Triptykon was pretty awesome. It started out as just sounding like a continuation to their first album, but then got a different... was worried it'd just be a rehashed version of the debut... whew.

MPF
04-16-2014, 01:16 PM
New Triptykon was pretty awesome. It started out as just sounding like a continuation to their first album, but then got a different... was worried it'd just be a rehashed version of the debut... whew.

I wouldn't lie to you man! Told ya! :D

Now go back and listen to the radio show so you can actually enjoy it now!

jhdeity
04-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Doing this for the sake of my memory, only 8 so far.

1. Kyng- Burn The Serum
2. Conan- Blood Eagle
5. Chevelle - La Gargola
6. Bong Breaker- Mountain
7. The Wounded Kings - Consolamentum

Cool list. 4 of my Top 10 are in there. I'm guessing you'd really like the new Triptykon also. If it doesn't wind up in the Top 10 on here I'd be shocked. Then again great cd's in April do tend to drop off lists by January...

hb420
04-16-2014, 06:50 PM
New FLOOR is absolutely killer, might be the best thing Brooks has done in a long time. :drool:

moobys37
04-17-2014, 10:07 AM
April Top 10:

1. EMA -The Future's Void
2. Triptykon - Melana Chasmata
3. St. Vincent - St. Vincent
4. Impetuous Ritual - Unholy Congregation of Hypocritical Ambivalence
5. Cormorant - Earth Diver
6. Thee Silver Mt. Zion- Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light On Everything!
7. Warpaint - Warpaint
8. Marissa Nadler - July
9. Sun Kil Moon - Benji
10. The Oath - The Oath

Biggest disappointments include Cynic, Alcest, Pilgrim (definitely a band that works better live), and Grand Magus.

Natrlhi
04-17-2014, 12:57 PM
April Top 10:

1. EMA -The Future's Void
2. Triptykon - Melana Chasmata
4. Impetuous Ritual - Unholy Congregation of Hypocritical Ambivalence
5. Cormorant - Earth Diver
6. Thee Silver Mt. Zion- Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light On Everything!
7. Warpaint - Warpaint
8. Marissa Nadler - July
9. Sun Kil Moon - Benji
10. The Oath - The Oath

Biggest disappointments include Cynic, Alcest, Pilgrim (definitely a band that works better live), and Grand Magus.
You liked The Oath that much? I'm finding it somewhat generic so far...and I'm a sucker for female-fronted stoner / doom.

Nater
04-17-2014, 05:11 PM
I havn't really heard much that I liked or just stuck with me but my top whatever right now would be

Crosses - S/T
Devil You Know - The Beauty of Destruction
Austrian Death Machine - Triple Brutal
Massacre - Back From Beyond

slapguitarer
04-17-2014, 05:18 PM
1. Cormorant – Earth Diver
2. Indian – From All Purity
3. Thou – Heathen
4. Artificial Brain – Labyrinth Constellation
5. Nothing – Guilty Of Everything
6. Helms Alee –Sleepwalking Sailors
7. Woods of Desolation – As The Stars
8. Cities Aviv – Come To Life
9. Predatory Light – MMXIV
10. Owls - Two
11. The Body – I Shall Die Here
12. Manners – Pale Blue Light
13. Slough Feg – Digital Resistance
14. Thou & The Body – Released From Love
15. IDYLLS – Prayer For Terrene

Top 15 as of today.

kalfitegrdan
04-20-2014, 10:02 AM
1. Yautja - Songs of Descent
2. Conan - Blood Eagle
3. Skull Fist - Chasing the Dream
4. Backtrack - Lost in Life
5. Triptykon - Melana Chasmata
6. Coffinworm - IV.I.VIII
7. Bast - Spectres
8. Benighted - Carnivore Sublime
9. Thou - Heathen
10. Gridlink - Longhena
11. Morbus Chron - Sweven
12. Ringworm - Hammer of the Witch
13. Cormorant - Earth Diver
14. Amputated - Dissect, Molest, Ingest
15. Steel Panther - All You Can Eat
16. Bong Breaker - Mountain
17. Culted - Oblique to All Paths
18. Lost Society - Terror Society
19. Ea - A etilla
20. Cripple Bastards - Nero in Metastasi

Likely to change drastically in the next month. Too many great releases on the horizon.

Spiner202
04-20-2014, 10:26 AM
1. Edguy - Space Police - Defenders of the Crown
2. Skull Fist - Chasing The Dream
3. Gamma Ray - Empire of the Undead
4. Monument - Renegades
5. Primal Fear - Delivering The Black
6. Exmortus - Slave To The Sword
7. Lost Society - Terror Hungry
8. Sabbatory - Endless Asphyxiating Gloom
9. Vindicator - Sleeping With Evil
10. Paranorm - The Edge of Existence

I think the only bands with a shot at dethroning Edguy are HammerFall, Dragonforce, Crimson Shadows, and Borealis. Hopefully one of those does it, because my lists are getting predictable :tongue:

Also, just found a couple more cool records:

Ancient Empire - s/t - This comes out late next month and is for fans of USPM/heavy metal. Solid riffs and solos, and the singer is the guy that sung for Rocka Rollas/Shadowkiller. Nothing too spectacular, but fans of Attacker and others should like this.

Starblind - Darkest Horrors - Very solid Iron Maiden worship. Should release around the same time as Ancient Empire. This one definitely has a few really memorable tracks on it, though it probably won't top many year-end lists.

Edit: Insomnium actually grew on me a lot. I forgot that on my list. Should be somewhere around 7 or 8.

moobys37
04-20-2014, 12:05 PM
You liked The Oath that much? I'm finding it somewhat generic so far...and I'm a sucker for female-fronted stoner / doom.

The bottom of my list is changing so much it probably will change again by next week. It's a weird year for me. The only records I see as locks for my top 10 are EMA and St. Vincent while everything else can be between 3 and off the list completely.

MPF
04-21-2014, 05:52 PM
My Top 40 As Of 4/21/14

40.) Warthrone- Venomassacre
39.) Steel Panther- All You Can Eat
38.) Exmortus- Slave To The Sword
37.) Massacre- Back From Beyond
36.) Words Of Farewell- he Black Wild Yonder
35.) Amoral- Fallen Leaves & Dead Sparrows
34.) Gridlink- Longhena
33.) Bast- Spectres
32.) Conquering Dystopia- Conquering Dystopia
31.) Nuklear Frost- Subjugation
30.) KXM- KXM
29.) Bigelf- Into the Maelstrom
28.) Lantlôs- Melting Sun
27.) Animals As Leaders- The Joy of Motion
26.) Within Temptation- Hydra
25.) Devil You Know- The Beauty Of Destruction
24.) Skull Fist- Chasing The Dream
23.) Narcotic Wasteland- Narcotic Wasteland
22.) Edguy- Space Police - Defenders Of The Crown
21.) Whispered- Shogunate Macabre
20.) Floor- Oblation
19.) Crib45- Marching Through the Borderlines
18.) Dynahead- Chordata II
17.) Bend Sinister- Animals
16.) Demon Hunter- Extremist
15.) Kyng - Burn The Serum
14.) Persuader- The Fiction Maze
13.) Indian- From All Purity
12.) Iced Earth- Plagues Of Babylon
11.) Cormorant- Earth Diver
10.) Noble Beast- Nobel Beast
9.) Behemoth- The Satanist
8.) Alcest- Shelter
7.) Cynic- Kindly Bent To Free Us
6.) Woods of Desolation- As The Stars
5.) Killer Be Killed- Killer Be Killed
4.) Vanishing Point- Distant Is the Sun
3.) Hortus Animae- Secular Music
2.) Destrage- Are You Kidding Me? No.
1.) Triptykon- Melana Chasmata

John The Drummer
04-21-2014, 05:56 PM
28.) Lantlôs- Melting Sun

You're killin me with all these new albums, man. I had NO IDEA Lantlos had a new one out! End of the year I really need to see how much money I spent on music :eyes:

MPF
04-21-2014, 05:58 PM
You're killin me with all these new albums, man. I had NO IDEA Lantlos had a new one out! End of the year I really need to see how much money I spent on music :eyes:

Just got it tonight and it is phenomenal. A much different approach but sounds just like Lantlos. There is some real heaviness and of course the Atmospheric Black Metal that we all know and love. I really dig it.

moobys37
04-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Just got it tonight and it is phenomenal. A much different approach but sounds just like Lantlos. There is some real heaviness and of course the Atmospheric Black Metal that we all know and love. I really dig it.

I thought the track they released a few months back sounded very little like older Lantlos in the best way possible. They're going full-out shoegaze in the best way possible.

MPF
04-22-2014, 09:24 AM
I thought the track they released a few months back sounded very little like older Lantlos in the best way possible. They're going full-out shoegaze in the best way possible.

Oh it's very very different, like you said in the best way possible, but it still sounds like Lantlos.

hb420
04-22-2014, 09:36 AM
New TOMBS track "Edge of Darkness" (http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/16883-tombs-edge-of-darkness/) :drool::drool::drool:

John The Drummer
04-22-2014, 09:53 AM
Oh, and to respond to MPF's top list again, I have been rocking Narcotic Wasteland's album SO MUCH. Such a great album!

MPF
04-22-2014, 10:02 AM
Oh, and to respond to MPF's top list again, I have been rocking Narcotic Wasteland's album SO MUCH. Such a great album!

I dig it more than most Nile albums. Just so much more groove and the lyrics are hysterical. Hopefully after Nile does their current run Narcotic Wasteland can have a chance to do a tour.

John The Drummer
04-22-2014, 10:07 AM
I dig it more than most Nile albums. Just so much more groove and the lyrics are hysterical. Hopefully after Nile does their current run Narcotic Wasteland can have a chance to do a tour.

THAT would be amazing! The lyrics are hysterical, but at the same time I feel they're kinda deep, in an odd way. Makes me think of SOOO many people I used to know that couldn't function without drugs or alcohol. I brain farted and first thought "Keeping Up With The Jones" was about a family with the last name of Jones :lol:

MPF
04-22-2014, 10:08 AM
THAT would be amazing! The lyrics are hysterical, but at the same time I feel they're kinda deep, in an odd way. Makes me think of SOOO many people I used to know that couldn't function without drugs or alcohol. I brain farted and first thought "Keeping Up With The Jones" was about a family with the last name of Jones :lol:

It sounds that way when you read it, then you hear the chorus and realize....oh yeah, Jones. :tongue:

daimonos
04-22-2014, 06:54 PM
Lord Mantis, Indian, Coffinworm, Teitanblood, Thou, and Triptykon are probably the best things I've heard so far...

adace1
04-22-2014, 11:35 PM
My favorites so far in no particular order:

Animals as Leaders - The Joy of Motion
Alcest - Shelter
Woods of Desolation - As the Stars
Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon
Triptykon - Melana Chasmata
Insomnium - Shadows of the Dying Sun
Gamma Ray - Empire of the Undead
Lantlos - Melting Sun

John The Drummer
04-23-2014, 12:01 PM
My favorites off the top of my head in no order....

Behemoth
Triptykon
Narcotic Wasteland
Nails
Trollfest

.... on that note, I haven't listened to very many new releases ;)

slapguitarer
04-23-2014, 12:17 PM
But Nails was 2013

John The Drummer
04-23-2014, 12:36 PM
But Nails was 2013

Welp! That shortens my list :lol:

HandOfDoom
04-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Cool list. 4 of my Top 10 are in there. I'm guessing you'd really like the new Triptykon also. If it doesn't wind up in the Top 10 on here I'd be shocked. Then again great cd's in April do tend to drop off lists by January...

You've got great taste ;) Sure do! Actually gave it my first listen shortly after I posted the list, definitely can see it being there in top 10 in January.

moobys37
04-24-2014, 10:46 AM
It won't count for this year but I got the Savages record from last year and it's probably the best post-punk record to come out since the early 90's.

hb420
04-24-2014, 11:23 AM
It won't count for this year but I got the Savages record from last year and it's probably the best post-punk record to come out since the early 90's.

This is the truth, absolutely love that record. Can't wait for their new EP to drop.

moobys37
04-24-2014, 11:44 AM
This is the truth, absolutely love that record. Can't wait for their new EP to drop.

Everything's so good on it. Guitar tone, production, vocals, it's almost perfect. Definitely a record that'll probably top my list in my official proposal of "Official metalsetlists.com Best 2014 2013 album".

hb420
04-26-2014, 02:45 PM
http://www.tentacula.org/martyrdoomproductions/webflyer2.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:

Profound Lore is doing a NA version that's scheduled to drop May 27th.

BloodoftheKings
04-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Still haven't heard that much new stuff this year. I plan on playing catch up once the semester is over. Here's my current top 10.

1. Gridlink - Longhena
2. Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Pinata
3. Behemtoh - The Satanist
4. Micachu - Under The Skin OST
5. OFF! - Wasted Years
6. Indian - From All Purity
7. Marissa Nadler - July
8. Artificial Brain - Labyrinth Constellation
9. Andrew Jackson Jihad - Christmas Island
10. The Men - Tomorrow's Hits

From what I gather I need to listen to the new ones from Thou, Triptykon, and Cormorant. What else would be up my alley?

OraclesofAgony
04-27-2014, 03:23 PM
The new Beneath is awesome.

slapguitarer
04-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Still haven't heard that much new stuff this year. I plan on playing catch up once the semester is over. Here's my current top 10.

1. Gridlink - Longhena
5. OFF! - Wasted Years
7. Marissa Nadler - July

From what I gather I need to listen to the new ones from Thou, Triptykon, and Cormorant. What else would be up my alley?

The Body's new one, if you haven't already.

BloodoftheKings
04-28-2014, 10:49 AM
The Body's new one, if you haven't already.

This is really good. Thanks for the rec.

slapguitarer
04-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Yeah man. Not sure if you dig emo/math rock, but if you do, check out the new Owls record, Two. Features members of Cap'n Jazz.

slapguitarer
04-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Also, everybody should listen to the new Lantlos record, Melting Sun. Herbst actually knows how to properly abandon black metal and move to post-rock/shoegaze, unlike Neige.

moobys37
04-28-2014, 11:35 AM

1. Gridlink - Longhena
5. OFF! - Wasted Years
7. Marissa Nadler - July

If you like the new Behemoth you'll love the new Thantifaxath and Impetuous Ritual. You should check out the new Sun Kil Moon too.

hb420
04-28-2014, 12:15 PM
Also, everybody should listen to the new Lantlos record, Melting Sun. Herbst actually knows how to properly abandon black metal and move to post-rock/shoegaze, unlike Neige.

Yes, exactly what I thought love their new direction.

BloodoftheKings
04-28-2014, 12:47 PM
If you like the new Behemoth you'll love the new Thantifaxath and Impetuous Ritual. You should check out the new Sun Kil Moon too.

I was planning on checking out Benji. I'll be sure to listen to those other two as well.

smearCampaign
04-29-2014, 06:15 AM
Have you guys heard that new High Spirits record?
http://highspiritsmetal.bandcamp.com/album/you-are-here

It's the vocalist from Dawnbringer's other project. It has an awesome old school heavy metal vibe, clean vocals that remind me of Scorpions. It's packed with infectious riffs and hooks everywhere.

Even TheWildAndTheYoung will dig this one. :fist:

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-29-2014, 06:22 AM

It's the vocalist from Dawnbringer's other project. It has an awesome old school heavy metal vibe, clean vocals that remind me of Scorpions. It's packed with infectious riffs and hooks everywhere.

will check it out! it's not often I get suggestions on new records so this must be good!

slapguitarer
04-29-2014, 02:19 PM
Usnea split with Ruins.
http://www.cvltnation.com/exclusive-cvlt-nation-streaming-usnea-ruins-7-inch/

Usnea are also in the studio right now working on new material for a LP. So fucking stoked! :rocker:

mankvill
04-29-2014, 02:24 PM
I want to buy a bunch of CD's but they all so 'spensive

elturtleboy
04-29-2014, 03:09 PM
New Skinfather rips hard

daimonos
04-29-2014, 07:38 PM

will check it out! it's not often I get suggestions on new records so this must be good!

Can't believe you guys hadn't heard of High Spirits!

I haven't heard the new one yet, but I highly suggest checking out their first full length which came out a few years ago, "Another Night". Total classic.

I also highly recommend checking out Chris's other band (which is now defunct), Superchrist. Pretty much the same concept, but with a lot more sleaze. Also killer!

smearCampaign
04-29-2014, 08:05 PM

I haven't heard the new one yet, but I highly suggest checking out their first full length which came out a few years ago, "Another Night". Total classic.

I also highly recommend checking out Chris's other band (which is now defunct), Superchrist. Pretty much the same concept, but with a lot more sleaze. Also killer!

This is not the first I'd heard of High Spirits at all. The new one tops the first full length IMO.

Yeah, Superchrist is great too, bit of a Motörhead vibe without sounding like they're trying to be a clone.

daimonos
04-29-2014, 08:24 PM
This is not the first I'd heard of High Spirits at all. The new one tops the first full length IMO.

Yeah, Superchrist is great too, bit of a Motörhead vibe without sounding like they're trying to be a clone.

In that case, I really need to check it out...

And yes, the Motorhead comparison hits the nail on the head.

kalfitegrdan
04-30-2014, 12:02 AM

It sucks Superchrist broke up. They were fun as hell.

I'll have to check out the new High Spirits. The last one was killer. Can't wait to see them in July with Slough Feg since I fucked up and missed them when they played with Morbid Saint (I think) a couple years ago.

Epidemic Reign
04-30-2014, 10:48 AM
Insomnium and Epica are at the top of my list right now. "Shadows of the Dying Sun" is fantastic, which is no surprise, but "The Quantum Enigma" turned out much better than I expected after the last Epica record.

John The Drummer
04-30-2014, 11:11 AM
New Sarke is rad and SO rockin :rocker:
Not very different from the rest of their stuff, but still so awesome! As I posted in a different thread, "Ugly" is such a rad track!

XDoomsayerX
04-30-2014, 11:42 AM
New More than Life cd is :drool:

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-30-2014, 11:54 AM
anybody else checked out the new Winger yet? If you haven't I'd highly suggest it, it's better than Karma (which is saying something).

Nater
04-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Devil You Know is fucking amazing. I just got Aborted in the mail today so I'm gonna check that this week.

Nater
05-01-2014, 08:35 PM
anybody else checked out the new Winger yet? If you haven't I'd highly suggest it, it's better than Karma (which is saying something).

I havn't yet but money is super tight so hopefully soon.

hb420
05-02-2014, 07:50 PM
New Vallenfyre, Serpentine Path, and Dwellers releases are top notch.
Ravenheart I really recommend you the new Dwellers album if you haven't heard it already. Seems right up your alley, old witchcraft/graveyard style psychedelic progressive rock.

Natrlhi
05-02-2014, 09:38 PM
The new Moonlit Sailor is currently bringing me to my fucking knees.

JoGtGYtVsT8

MPF
05-03-2014, 10:28 AM
The new Moonlit Sailor is currently bringing me to my fucking knees.

JoGtGYtVsT8

This is damn good....DAMN GOOD!

kalfitegrdan
05-04-2014, 12:14 PM
New Arkona was super disappointing.

AnthG
05-04-2014, 04:12 PM
The new Aborted album is the tits.

hb420
05-04-2014, 07:14 PM
New Agalloch streaming here (http://www.npr.org/2014/05/04/308273140/first-listen-agalloch-the-serpent-the-sphere)

GarageMetal468
05-05-2014, 04:19 PM
New Dead Congregation fucking rules.

Also Darkspace seem to have something happening in September.

http://www.darkcyberspace.com/120501750.html "
when you'll visit this link you'll find a message written in morse code, which says
"DARKSPACE CALLING DSSC.
MISSION: DARK SPACE IIII
ENCOUNTER. GEO COORDINATES: 46.94051, 7.44396. TIME: 062200BSEP14.
END OF TRANSMISSION"
coordinates shows some restaurant in Bern
https://maps.google.pl/maps?safe=off&q= ... CCwQ8gEwAA

062200BSEP14 then translates to September 6, 2014 at 22:00 (10 PM)

Crafty Swiss bastards.

orlandodavis
05-06-2014, 01:34 AM
New Arkona was super disappointing.

They did a Tyr?

kalfitegrdan
05-06-2014, 08:21 AM
They did a Tyr?

Pretty much. At least in the way that that it's a completely uninteresting album.

hb420
05-06-2014, 03:35 PM
New Top 15

1. Triptykon - Melana Chasmata
2. Swans - To Be Kind
4. Dead Congregation - Promulgation of the Fall
5. Conan - Blood Eagle
6. Warpaint - Warpaint
7. Agalloch - The Serpent & The Sphere
8. Eyehategod - Eyehategod
9. Angel Olsen - Burn Your Fire For No Witness
10. Thou - Heathen
11. Morbus Chron - Sweven
12. Lykke Li - I Never Learn
13. Nux Vomica - Nux Vomica
14. The Men - Tomorrow's Hits
15. Dwellers - Pagan Fruit

infinitydeth
05-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Ringworm - Hammer Of The Witch
Indian - From All Purity
Floor - Oblation
Woods of desolation - As the stars
Modern Baseball - You're Gonna Miss it All
Gravehill - Death Curse
Aborted - The Necrotic Manifesto
Temples - Sun Structures

The new Triptykon is for sure overhyped.
Still waiting for Thou and Nausea in the mail.
Going to have to check out the new Agalloch and Dead Congregation soon.

OraclesofAgony
05-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Streaming the new Hour of Penance right now. :D

dcmetal108
05-07-2014, 07:07 AM
Ringworm - Hammer Of The Witch
Indian - From All Purity
Floor - Oblation
Woods of desolation - As the stars
Modern Baseball - You're Gonna Miss it All
Gravehill - Death Curse
Aborted - The Necrotic Manifesto
Temples - Sun Structures

Still waiting for Thou and Nausea in the mail.
Going to have to check out the new Agalloch and Dead Congregation soon.

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party:: party::party:

moobys37
05-07-2014, 08:37 AM

Curious as to why you feel this way.

300%_Density
05-07-2014, 09:43 AM
9 songs in. I love the new Eyehategod. I don't get rerecording Age of Bootcamp though.

christopher
05-07-2014, 10:27 AM
New Eyehategod leaked!! :drool:

Spiner202
05-07-2014, 10:41 AM
New Incantation will definitely appeal to their fans. I still am having trouble getting into them, but this will definitely need quite a few more listens.

infinitydeth
05-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Curious as to why you feel this way.

The album is longer than it should be. There is so much fat that can be trimmed off. The songs drag on for far too long. The worst part of the album is the last two songs Black Snow and Waiting because they go nowhere and it's just a snooze fest. Ultimately a bad way to end the album.
With that being said, the album is still pretty good though. :D

HandOfDoom
05-07-2014, 12:11 PM
New Eyehategod leaked!! :drool:

I'm loving it!!

John The Drummer
05-07-2014, 12:11 PM
The album is longer than it should be. There is so much fat that can be trimmed off. The songs drag on for far too long.

I am complete opposite, especially in the bolded section... :D
I feel some of the songs end far too abruptly and leaving me wanting more, but not in a good way, in a way thats ilke "Really? Thats all they could come up with? They could have introduced a new section or repeated this or that". I do agree, however, that it is a bit overhyped, still good, but has a lot of things that just need to be adjusted here and there.

AND I STILL THINK THE OPENING TRACK DOESN'T WORK AS AN OPENING TRACK!!!!

HandOfDoom
05-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Revised and I actually have 10 now

1. Kyng - Burn The Serum
2. Conan - Blood Eagle
5. Chevelle - La Gargola
6. Eyehategod - Eyehategod
7. Bong Breaker- Mountain
9. Lionize - Jetpack Soundtrack
10.Triptykon - Melana Chasmata

illuminatus917
05-08-2014, 04:19 PM
It's not breathtaking like Eparistera Daimones was, but it's still an incredible album. I feel confident it will finish in my top 5, unless 2014 turns into a better year than I think it will.

John The Drummer
05-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Nuklear Frost - Subjugation

THANK YOU MPF FOR PLAYING THIS ON YOUR RADIO SHOW THIS ALBUM IS FUCKING AMAZING AND I RECOMMEND EVERYONE GO TO THEIR BANDCAMP AND BUY IT FOR ONLY $5 (MP3 only... no physical copies :( )

This will be in my top 10 for the year FOR SURE.

MPF
05-09-2014, 12:10 PM

THANK YOU MPF FOR PLAYING THIS ON YOUR RADIO SHOW THIS ALBUM IS FUCKING AMAZING AND I RECOMMEND EVERYONE GO TO THEIR BANDCAMP AND BUY IT FOR ONLY $5 (MP3 only... no physical copies :( )

This will be in my top 10 for the year FOR SURE.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

John The Drummer
05-09-2014, 12:18 PM
:rocker::rocker::rocker:

I HAD to show my girlfriend them and she said that they may be the bset sounding "traditional black metal" band in the US.

They remind me a lot of Anagnorisis from Kentucky, not completely, but the chaotic blast beats with a lot of melody and atmosphere in the backgroudn was just THUPER DUPER.

hb420
05-09-2014, 12:38 PM
The only thing that might top Dead Congregation in the realm of death metal this year is new Necros Christos. This thing is so ridiculously good, just a riff feast.:drool:

illuminatus917
05-09-2014, 01:42 PM
The only thing that might top Dead Congregation in the realm of death metal this year is new Necros Christos. This thing is so ridiculously good, just a riff feast.:drool:

On a related note, I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if there's not another band on the MDF bill that can put on a more awe-inspiring performance than Necros Christos.

And, I can't wait for that new album.

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-10-2014, 11:06 AM
10.High Spirits - You Are Here
9.Dynazty - Renatus
8.Sonata Arctica - Pariah's Child
7.Steel Panther - All You Can Eat
6.Winger - Better Days Comin'
5.Xandria - Sacrificium
4.Edguy - Space Police - Defenders Of The Crown
3.Persuader - The Fiction Maze
2.H.e.a.t - Tearing Down The Walls
1.Skull Fist - Chasing The Dream

The new Edguy blew me away, it's the best they've done in a long while.

And for all who haven't checked out the new Xandria, do it right now. It's probably the best female fronted symphonic metal album since Imaginaerum.

John The Drummer
05-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Behemoth - The Satanist
Kampfar - Djevelmakt
Trollfest - Kaptein Kaos
Narcotic Wasteland - S/T

My top 5 AT THE MOMENT IN NO ORDER....
I have a couple boxes of unripped/barely listened to CD's in my van with a good chunk of 2014 albums in it, so I'll update it after I give them all a good solid listen :)

illuminatus917
05-11-2014, 02:26 PM
:hmm: I still need to listen to the new Behemoth album.

dcmetal108
05-11-2014, 03:35 PM

Do it, I fucking love the album.

Natrlhi
05-11-2014, 03:35 PM

Same here. I'm so far behind on new stuff. :(

ravenheart
05-12-2014, 01:57 AM
The new Edguy blew me away, it's the best they've done in a long while.

Starts OK, gets boring quickly. Nothing like as interesting or varied as what they've been doing recently.

They've basically said they did it to shut up the whining fans who only like one thing, then they're going back to doing interesting stuff next time.