View Full Version : 2014...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Onioner
02-07-2014, 06:22 PM
8. Slough Feg - Digital Resistance

:rocker:

Spiner202
02-07-2014, 06:23 PM
New Suicidal Angels is pretty cool. Never listened to these guys before, but they have kind of a more focused Evile thing going on.

Spiner202
02-08-2014, 05:21 AM
It looks like the creator of the bands that dominated my 2013 list (Rocka Rollas and Blazon Stone) has a new project: Breitenhold. This has slightly more USPM leanings, but is still pretty much a speed metal band. He ended up giving up on everyone and doing the vocals himself, and they're pretty raw, but in a good way. Here's a rough mix of the first track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6clfbr4LRT4

Full album coming this summer.

mastodon421
02-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Such a crazy year for new music so far ;)
1.Behemoth-The Satanist
2.The Kennedy Veil-Trinity of Falsehood

I need to check out the new Against Me! and finish the Isaiah Rashad EP asap. There just really hasn't been much released so far that I'm interested in so far.

slapguitarer
02-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Listen to the new Cities Aviv

hb420
02-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Really looking forward to Morbus Chron's second album "Sweven",which comes out 2/24 in Europe and 3/4 in the US. Here's the single http://www.stereogum.com/1658381/morbus-chron-it-stretches-in-the-hollow-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/ Sounds like they're taking a route similar to Tribulation.

treghet
02-10-2014, 01:41 AM
Really looking forward to Morbus Chron's second album "Sweven",which comes out 2/24 in Europe and 3/4 in the US. Here's the single http://www.stereogum.com/1658381/morbus-chron-it-stretches-in-the-hollow-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/ Sounds like they're taking a route similar to Tribulation.

Looking forward to this too. The change in direction is interesting, but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I want to hear the whole album before I make any judgment. I think it will take some time to absorb the music. When I first heard their last EP it didn't click with me, but now it's my favorite thing they've done. Hopefully this turns out to be a worthy successor.

elturtleboy
02-10-2014, 11:53 PM
That Sunn O)))/Ulver thing was bland. ITs like happy Sunn! NO!

New Exmortus was ok. Better than the last album for sure.

Powerviolence dudes, check out the debut EP of Cave State. PISSED. OFF.

hellawaits77ny
02-11-2014, 06:06 AM
Really digging the new Benighted from what I've heard.

Gotta check out the new Behemoth, Raped By Pigs, and Emryonic Devourment.

What did everyone think of the new Throwdown? Thought it was ok, not great, and super-samey. Maybe it'll grow on me.

kalfitegrdan
02-11-2014, 06:15 AM

What did everyone think of the new Throwdown? Thought it was ok, not great, and super-samey. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Ooh, Raped by Pigs has a new one? Sweet.

Did you ever check out the new Amputated? It's pretty damn good.

Nater
02-11-2014, 06:22 AM

Raped by Pigs is my next purchase when I get paid.

I agree with you about Throwdown. It just all kinda blended together but it wasn't bad at all.

hellawaits77ny
02-11-2014, 06:46 AM
Ooh, Raped by Pigs has a new one? Sweet.

Did you ever check out the new Amputated? It's pretty damn good.

I haven't, but I certainly will.

hellawaits77ny
02-11-2014, 06:47 AM
Raped by Pigs is my next purchase when I get paid.

I agree with you about Throwdown. It just all kinda blended together but it wasn't bad at all.

I think Benighted might be my next purchase. I usually keep it to around 10 albums per year.

Seems to be the general consensus on the new Throwdown. Definitely better than their last release. I just looked at my original post again, and I made it seem like I didn't like it. Not the case. I certainly liked it, it was just super-samey.

christopher
02-11-2014, 09:40 PM
The new Cripple Bastards album is streaming here (http://noisey.vice.com/blog/cripple-bastards-nero-in-metastasi-stream)! :drool:

Addicted2metal
02-11-2014, 11:09 PM
I Already have my top 2 albums of 2014 already.

The Unguided- Fragile Immortality
Dead By April- Let The World know

I'm now waiting for new Ends with a bullet.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-12-2014, 08:18 AM
H.e.a.t's new single "A Shot At Redemption" was released today, and it sounds freakin awesome! if you like AOR/Melodic rock you need check this out!

BloodoftheKings
02-12-2014, 08:32 PM
The Satanist is really good. Definitely the best of the 3 albums I've heard this year.

hellawaits77ny
02-13-2014, 08:46 AM
Listened to the first half of the new Raped By Pigs. Some solid-ass slam right tharr, my boys.

mankvill
02-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Listened to the first half of the new Raped By Pigs. Some solid-ass slam right tharr, my boys.

It's very good.

hb420
02-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Current Top Fifteen

1. Conan - Blood Eagle
2. Warpaint - Warpaint
3. Twilight - III: Beneath Trident's Tomb
4. Indian - From All Purity
5. Marissa Nadler - July
6. The Body - I Shall Die Here
7. Coffinworm - IV.I.VIII
8. Slough Feg - Digital Resistance
9. Morbus Chron - Sweven
10. Angel Olsen - Burn Your Fire For No Witness
11. Behemoth - The Satanist
12. Culted - Oblique To All Paths
13. Mantar - Death By Burning
14. The Wounded Kings - Consolementum
15. St. Vincent - St. Vincent

slapguitarer
02-14-2014, 10:55 PM
Current list. I need to digest the new Have A Nice Life and Angel Olsen a lil' more before I put 'em on the list.

1. Indian – From All Purity
2. Nothing – Guilty Of Everything
3. Woods of Desolation – As The Stars
4. Helms Alee –Sleepwalking Sailors
5. Cities Aviv – Come To Life
6. Ea – A Etilla
7. Manners – Pale Blue Light
8. Mogwai – Rave Tapes
9. Larvae – Grave Descent
10. Nova x Beezy – Tangents & Distractions
11. Drudkh – Thousands Of Moons Ago
12. Jagged Vision- Harvest Earth
13. Cynic – Kindly Bent To Free Us
14. Warpaint – Warpaint
15. Marissa Nadler – July
16. Alcest – Shelter
17. Temples – Sun Structures
18. Murmur - Murmur

hb420
02-14-2014, 11:31 PM
2. Nothing – Guilty Of Everything

Was waiting to get the promo for this, turns out I had for nearly two weeks it just got buried. :lol: Anyways hearing it now and this is REALLY good....

Datjazzfusion
02-15-2014, 07:32 AM
18. Murmur - Murmur

I have not checked this album out yet. Its on my list to check out. Its description sounds good on paper. What is bad about it?

kalfitegrdan
02-15-2014, 08:51 AM
I have not checked this album out yet. Its on my list to check out. Its description sounds good on paper. What is bad about it?

:zzz: basically.

slapguitarer
02-15-2014, 09:03 AM

I wouldn't say it's bad, but just not my cup of tea at all. I was expecting avant/prog black metal but it's barely even a metal record. It's really just a weird prog rock album with 90's black metal style production (shitty). It sounds like the band performed it live and there was one mic recording it all to a cassette.

larvtard
02-15-2014, 10:24 AM
The new Yautja is good.. I suppose you could say it's FFO inter arma, enabler, and dephosphorous (their new album is good too). UNRU have put out some great stuff this year, including a split w/ Sun Worship and Paramnesia. I like the Chain gang grave demo and that Sunn O)))/Ulver collaboration too (the other sunn album released this year is cool). Ethereal riffian is fun. That drudkh "eastern frontier in flames" album (haven't listened to the other one). Solar halos. Have a nice life. Abest. some cool powerviolence this year. Listening to the wounded kings, pretty sweet. I'm sure those nothing and woods of desolation albums are fantastic. Couldn't get into helms alee.. I don't know why.

HandOfDoom
02-15-2014, 11:44 AM
The 4 albums I've heard this year so far, from St- Vincent, Truckfighters, Indian and Behemoth are all fantastic.

Nater
02-15-2014, 03:08 PM
I havn't really bought anything that's been released in 2014 but I just got the Crosses album. I'm stoked to listen to it. At some point I am gonna pick up Raped by Pigs and Benighted and maybe Exmortus if I find it cheap.

LogicBomb
02-17-2014, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't say it's bad, but just not my cup of tea at all. I was expecting avant/prog black metal but it's barely even a metal record. It's really just a weird prog rock album with 90's black metal style production (shitty). It sounds like the band performed it live and there was one mic recording it all to a cassette.

Eh? 90's black metal production? :confused: That's just not true at all. I will agree that it's barely black metal, but it is definitely metal. Assuming your name rings true, Datjazzfusion, you'd definitely dig it. It's progressive metal with jazzy drumming and black metal touches, sort of sounds like Virus worshiping King Crimson.

Anyway, haven't heard much else this year. Yautja was pretty good. Artificial Brain which is out in a couple days kills.

illninoese
02-17-2014, 06:45 PM
I havn't really bought anything that's been released in 2014 but I just got the Crosses album. I'm stoked to listen to it. At some point I am gonna pick up Raped by Pigs and Benighted and maybe Exmortus if I find it cheap.

The Crosses album is getting better and better with every listen. It's so fucking good. Same for the new Benighted. Exmortus's new one wasn't too bad. It was my first time listening to them and I was impressed.

kalfitegrdan
02-17-2014, 10:34 PM
New Benighted sounds like a brutal death Anaal Nathrakh. So good. :drool:

mankvill
02-17-2014, 10:39 PM

iz troo

illninoese
02-17-2014, 10:52 PM
Artificial Brain which is out in a couple days kills.

:rocker:
I heard this for the first time today. It's dense but grows on you after every listen. I thought the second half (Frozen Planets and onward) was better than the first half.

adamclark52
02-18-2014, 12:28 AM

Sounds interesting. But Metal Archives has ten bands called Benighted, which one are you talking about?

kalfitegrdan
02-18-2014, 12:42 AM
Sounds interesting. But Metal Archives has ten bands called Benighted, which one are you talking about?

The French one. If you've never heard them before, then check out this song. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=44nmr3YhDu4) One of my favorite songs of all time.

hellawaits77ny
02-18-2014, 06:56 AM
Good call. Icon is one of my top 20 or so death metal records.

Need to check out the rest of the new album.

hb420
02-18-2014, 10:27 PM
Adjusted Top 25, love all of these records.

1. Conan - Blood Eagle
2. Warpaint - Warpaint
4. St. Vincent - St. Vincent
5. Indian - From All Purity
6. Thou - Heathen
8. Morbus Chron - Sweven
9. Angel Olsen - Burn Your Fire For No Witness
10. Bast - Spectres
11. Nothing - Guilty of Everything
12. Slough Feg - Digital Resistance
13. The Body - I Shall Die Here
14. Artificial Brian - Labyrinth Constellation
15. Culted - Oblique To All Paths
16. Marissa Nadler - July
17. Alcest - Shelter
18. Behemoth - The Satanist
19. Sun Kil Moon - Benji
20. Murmur - Murmur
21. Truckfighters - Universe
22. Sabbath Assembly - Quaternity
23. Woods of Desolation - As The Stars
24. Mantar - Death By Burning
25. Fuoco Fatuo - The Viper Slithers In The Ashes of What Remains

LogicBomb
02-18-2014, 11:23 PM
Didn't know Coffinworm had a new one out. When All Became None is def a favourite of mine.

Onioner
02-19-2014, 12:19 AM

I haven't heard this album in full yet, but I totally dig the songs that they've released so far.

On a slightly random note, Jamie Myers-Waits is a goddess. Rad bassist + beautiful voice + ex-Hammer + hella pretty = MARRY ME

christopher
02-19-2014, 12:24 AM
The new Scott H Biram album Nothin' But Blood is fucking awesome! It's some good bluesy music with some metal and punk influences here and there.

daimonos
02-19-2014, 11:08 AM
The new Scott H Biram album Nothin' But Blood is fucking awesome! It's some good bluesy music with some metal and punk influences here and there.

Been listening to this alot the last few weeks. I'm a fan of all his stuff, but nothing will ever top Graveyard Shift. I definitely think this one is better than the last one, however.

Excited to see him live again next month.

christopher
02-19-2014, 04:35 PM
Been listening to this alot the last few weeks. I'm a fan of all his stuff, but nothing will ever top Graveyard Shift. I definitely think this one is better than the last one, however.

Excited to see him live again next month.

Same here. Graveyard Shift will always be my favorite SHB album. I stopped following him and seeing him live at the end of 2008 when his albums couldn't compare to GS. I will always love Still Drunk, Still Crazy, Still Blue from Something's Wrong/Lost Forever. I'm going to see him with Larry and His Flask March 13 and wanted to check out the new album and was blown away by how awesome it was. This is going to be an awesome show!

jhdeity
02-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Adjusted Top 25, love all of these records.

1. Conan - Blood Eagle
2. Warpaint - Warpaint
4. St. Vincent - St. Vincent
5. Indian - From All Purity
6. Thou - Heathen
8. Morbus Chron - Sweven
9. Angel Olsen - Burn Your Fire For No Witness
10. Bast - Spectres
11. Nothing - Guilty of Everything
12. Slough Feg - Digital Resistance
13. The Body - I Shall Die Here
14. Artificial Brian - Labyrinth Constellation
15. Culted - Oblique To All Paths
16. Marissa Nadler - July
17. Alcest - Shelter
18. Behemoth - The Satanist
19. Sun Kil Moon - Benji
20. Murmur - Murmur
21. Truckfighters - Universe
23. Woods of Desolation - As The Stars
24. Mantar - Death By Burning
25. Fuoco Fatuo - The Viper Slithers In The Ashes of What Remains

Damn I gotta start checking some of this stuff out. That being said if there are 17 cd's better than The Satanist right now, I'll shit a golden brick.

daimonos
02-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Same here. Graveyard Shift will always be my favorite SHB album. I stopped following him and seeing him live at the end of 2008 when his albums couldn't compare to GS. I will always love Still Drunk, Still Crazy, Still Blue from Something's Wrong/Lost Forever. I'm going to see him with Larry and His Flask March 13 and wanted to check out the new album and was blown away by how awesome it was. This is going to be an awesome show!

I just got into his stuff recently, but Graveyard Shift was my first album by him so I was definitely a bit disappointed when none of his other stuff came close in comparison. However, I think Something's Wrong/Lost Forever is pretty decent... all of his albums definitely have their moments. I'm not familiar with Larry and His Flask but it sounds like something I would enjoy... Looking forward to it for sure.

christopher
02-20-2014, 05:41 PM
I just got into his stuff recently, but Graveyard Shift was my first album by him so I was definitely a bit disappointed when none of his other stuff came close in comparison. However, I think Something's Wrong/Lost Forever is pretty decent... all of his albums definitely have their moments. I'm not familiar with Larry and His Flask but it sounds like something I would enjoy... Looking forward to it for sure.

You should definitely look up the most recent LAHF album. It was one of my top 10's for last year. Don't look up old albums because its a completely different sound. They used to sound like the Murder Junkies era GG Allin and then switched over to bluegrass with punk mixed in. Check this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0JZ4zbIB4U) out.

MPF
02-23-2014, 11:05 PM
Top 25 as of 2-24-14

25.) Within Temptation- Hydra
24.) The Kindred- Life In Lucidity
23.) Kampfar- Djevelmakt
22.) Rain Of Acid- Ghost Town
21.) Skull Fist- Chasing The Dream
20.) Fate Control- Random Survival
19.) Narcotic Wasteland- Narcotic Wasteland
18.) Toska Monolith- Toska Y Esperanza
17.) Iskald- Nedom og Nord
16.) Mechina- Xenon
15.) Exmortus- Slave To The Sword
14.) Vanden Plas- Chronicles Of The Immortals - Netherworld
13.) Whispered- Shogunate Macabre
12.) Transatlantic- Kaleidoscope
11.) Persuader- The Fiction Maze
10.) Ethereal Logic- Opus Machina
9.) Dynahead- Chordata II
8.) Indian- From All Purity
7.) Amoral- Fallen Leaves & Dead Sparrows
6.) Iced Earth- Plagues Of Babylon
5.) Behemoth- The Satanist
4.) Alcest- Shelter
3.) Cynic - Kindly Bent To Free Us
2.) Woods of Desolation- As The Stars
1.) Vanishing Point- Distant Is the Sun

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-24-2014, 09:31 AM
Top 25 as of 2-24-14

25.) Within Temptation- Hydra
24.) The Kindred- Life In Lucidity
23.) Kampfar- Djevelmakt
22.) Rain Of Acid- Ghost Town
21.) Skull Fist- Chasing The Dream
20.) Fate Control- Random Survival
19.) Narcotic Wasteland- Narcotic Wasteland
18.) Toska Monolith- Toska Y Esperanza
17.) Iskald- Nedom og Nord
16.) Mechina- Xenon
15.) Exmortus- Slave To The Sword
14.) Vanden Plas- Chronicles Of The Immortals - Netherworld
11.) Persuader- The Fiction Maze
10.) Ethereal Logic- Opus Machina
9.) Dynahead- Chordata II
8.) Indian- From All Purity
7.) Amoral- Fallen Leaves & Dead Sparrows
6.) Iced Earth- Plagues Of Babylon
5.) Behemoth- The Satanist
4.) Alcest- Shelter
3.) Cynic - Kindly Bent To Free Us
2.) Woods of Desolation- As The Stars
1.) Vanishing Point- Distant Is the Sun

is the Iced Earth really that good? I think I'm gonna have to reconsider checking it out....

300%_Density
02-24-2014, 08:12 PM
So new Earth Crisis is not very interesting to me.

I'm hoping I like this Hatriot a little bit more than their 1st album.

I also listened to new Behemoth, I tried, I really wanted to like it but I just don't love it like everybody else seems to. Some were saying it was almost as good as Demigod. I don't see it, I don't think it's even as good as The Apostasy.

slapguitarer
02-24-2014, 08:32 PM
2. Artificial Brain – Labyrinth Constellation
3. Nothing – Guilty Of Everything
4. Woods of Desolation – As The Stars
5. Slough Feg – Digital Resistance
6. Helms Alee –Sleepwalking Sailors
7. Cities Aviv – Come To Life
8. The Body – I Shall Die Here
9. Ea – A Etilla
10. Angel Olsen – Burn Your Fire For No Witness
11. Manners – Pale Blue Light
12. Mogwai – Rave Tapes
13. Larvae – Grave Descent
14. Nova x Beezy – Tangents & Distractions
15. Drudkh – Thousands Of Moons Ago
16. Jagged Vision- Harvest Earth
17. Cynic – Kindly Bent To Free Us
18. Warpaint – Warpaint
19. Marissa Nadler – July
20. Alcest – Shelter
21. Temples – Sun Structures
22. Murmur - Murmur

adamclark52
02-24-2014, 09:00 PM
So new Earth Crisis is not very interesting to me.

I'm hoping I like this Hatriot a little bit more than their 1st album.

I also listened to new Behemoth, I tried, I really wanted to like it but I just don't love it like everybody else seems to. Some were saying it was almost as good as Demigod. I don't see it, I don't think it's even as good as The Apostasy.

It's good, but it doesn't hold a candle to Demigod.

Datjazzfusion
02-24-2014, 09:36 PM
This will be the first year I will attempt an end of the year list. So far I have heard 25 albums. Some I was forced to listen to.

This is a really, really, really, really, really rough order.
1. Indian - From All Purity
2. Slough Feg - Digital Resistance
3. Hail Spirit Noir - Oi Magoi
4. Murmur - Murmur
5. Helms Alee - Sleepwalking Sailors
6. Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra - Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light on Everything
7. Mogwai - Rave Tapes
8. Structural Disorder - The Edge of Sanity
9. Anne Akiko Meyers - The Four Seasons
10. Manners - Pale Blue Light
11. Have a Nice Life - The Unnatural World
12. Culted - Oblique to all Paths
13. Marissa Nadler - July
14. Iskald - Nedom og Nord
15. An Autumn For Crippled Children - Try not to Destroy Everything You Love
16. Sleepy Sun - Maui Tears
17. Alcest - Shelter
18. Chrome Division - Infernal Rock Eternal
19. Warpaint - Warpaint
20. You Blew It! - Keep Doing What You're Doing
21. Cities Aviv - Come to Life
22. Skull Fist - Chasing the Dream
23. Actress - Ghettoville
24. Against Me! - Transgender Dysphoria Blues
25. Neck Deep - Wishful Thinking

Any suggestions. I am open to all reccomendations.

Some sucked.
Some I need to relisten.
Some were meh.
Some were good.
Some were :lovedup:

slapguitarer
02-24-2014, 10:12 PM
An Autumn For Crippled Children was 2013. Other than that, it's awesome to see you're going hard in new music. If you liked Marissa Nadler, check out Angel Olsen's new one. Definitely give Nothing a listen if you dig any shoegaze. Listen to The Body for awesome sludge with power electronics and noise. You NEED to hear the new Artificial Brain record. Awesome tech death.

jhdeity
02-24-2014, 10:16 PM
2. Artificial Brain – Labyrinth Constellation
3. Nothing – Guilty Of Everything
5. SlougH Feg – Digital Resistance
7. CIties Aviv – Come To Life
8. The Body – I Shall Die Here
9. Ea – A Etilla
10. Angel Olsen – Burn Your Fire For No Witness
12. Mogwai – Rave TapeS
13. Larvae – Grave Descent
14. Nova x Beezy – Tangents & Distractions
15. Drudkh – Thousands Of Moons Ago
16. Jagged Vision- Harvest Earth
18. Warpaint – Warpaint
19. Marissa Nadler – July
20. AlcesT – Shelter
21. TemplEs – Sun Structures
22. MurmuR - Murmur

And needs more Behemoth...

slapguitarer
02-24-2014, 10:18 PM
Wow, you really just did that. Glad to know a 40 year old man feels the need to harass me over the internet because I'm "hip" and that's not metal. Glad I could give some meaning to your life. And why listen to Behemoth when I can listen to good death metal like Artificial Brain.

BloodoftheKings
02-24-2014, 10:20 PM
And needs more Behemoth...

I don't know whether to laugh or just sigh at how far you're taking this.

Datjazzfusion
02-24-2014, 10:23 PM
An Autumn For Crippled Children was 2013. Other than that, it's awesome to see you're going hard in new music. If you liked Marissa Nadler, check out Angel Olsen's new one. Definitely give Nothing a listen if you dig any shoegaze. Listen to The Body for awesome sludge with power electronics and noise. You NEED to hear the new Artificial Brain record. Awesome tech death.

Well fuck. I made a mistake already:eyes:

Artificial Brain is next on my list, along with Xiu Xiu (for lols).
And I will put Nothing, Angel Olsen and The Body on the list as well. Thanks for the information!

slapguitarer
02-24-2014, 10:24 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or just sigh at how far you're taking this.

Sigh. Heavily.

Onioner
02-24-2014, 10:30 PM
Holy shit, I'm really happy to see Digital Resistance getting some love around here. Can't wait to see what you all think of the new Cormorant when that comes out. Dimesland's gonna make you all shit bricks when that releases this year too.

Slough Feg being labeled as hipster though? What? They've been around for 20 years, released their 9th album and play hilariously unpretentious classic metal. Don't quite get that one.

slapguitarer
02-24-2014, 10:35 PM
Holy shit, I'm really happy to see Digital Resistance getting some love around here. Can't wait to see what you all think of the new Cormorant when that comes out. Dimesland's gonna make you all shit bricks when that releases this year too.

Slough Feg being labeled as hipster though? What? They've been around for 20 years, released their 9th album and play hilariously unpretentious classic metal. Don't quite get that one.

It's not Slough Feg. Jhdeity still has his panties in a know because I dissed KsE so now because I like Deafheaven I'm a hipster and everything I do and listen to is hipster. Gotta love ignorant reasoning (oxymoron).

christopher
02-24-2014, 10:41 PM
Saying a band has been around for 20 years doesn't prevent them from being a hipster trend. I'm not applying this to SF, but I've noticed Infest is the current hipster trend. In LA at least.

jhdeity
02-24-2014, 11:01 PM
Saying a band has been around for 20 years doesn't prevent them from being a hipster trend. I'm not applying this to SF, but I've noticed Infest is the current hipster trend. In LA at least.

All in good fun. I give Slappy shit because he claimed Hipsters don't exist whether he remembers saying that or not. Since then Hipsters have multiplied times 10 and now I wonder if it's like trends that start in Cali and NY then filter to the rest of the US. For the love of God I hope not...

Behemoth is good but not great. Should be in my Top 10 but it's shaping up to be a good year.

slapguitarer
02-24-2014, 11:06 PM
Please, find me the direct quote where I said that. It's not as if you don't have plenty of time to kill.

jhdeity
02-24-2014, 11:07 PM
I will go on record as saying Hipsters love the term Ghost Rock and using that term as the new Shoegaze to make themselves look cool. Great...

slapguitarer
02-24-2014, 11:08 PM
I actually haven't heard that at all.

jhdeity
02-24-2014, 11:08 PM
Please, find me the direct quote where I said that. It's not as if you don't have plenty of time to kill.

You don't remember the 35 times you posted eye roll emoticons every time someone mentioned the word Hipster on here? Buahahahahaha

jhdeity
02-24-2014, 11:09 PM
I actually haven't heard that at all.

Good, I'm hoping it dies a horrible death. Ghost Rock. How f'n stupid...

slapguitarer
02-24-2014, 11:17 PM
You don't remember the 35 times you posted eye roll emoticons every time someone mentioned the word Hipster on here? Buahahahahaha

That isn't a denial of there being hipsters. That's just getting annoyed when people claim everything related to sludge, doom, and American black metal is hipster when it's clearly not. It's also being annoyed with "hipster" having an immediate negative connotation, as if anything getting critical acclaim outside of the metal community immediately means it's of lesser quality. Again, find me a direct quote.

jhdeity
02-24-2014, 11:36 PM
Ok I was referring to this convo we had. We were both kinda right...

Glad you stopped using those Hipster >>>>>>'s though. hahaha

12-25-2013, 08:11 PM

slapguitarer
I have seen what men could only dream they saw.

>shoegaze
>metal

what?

also

>2013
>still saying hipster
4/10 Neutral Milk Hotel
4/20 Thou/Cloud Rat
5/01 Mastodon/Gojira

12-25-2013, 08:27 PM

jhdeity
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer
>shoegaze
>metal

what?

also

>2013
>still saying hipster
Are >>> the equivalent of hipster hashtags? hahaha I have no idea I was just fixing what was probably a joke to actual reality.

I've never met a hipster who listened to sludge. Shoegaze on the other hand...

Are you trying to say Hipsters don't exist anymore? If so maybe they left your town and came to the east coast because they are more prevalent now around here than ever before. And in case you didn't hear... they love using the word shoegaze. It's like crack to them

jhdeity
02-24-2014, 11:37 PM
I'm pretty fuinny actually. Who knew?

mankvill
02-24-2014, 11:38 PM
jhdeity unironically likes nu-metal, take everything he says with a grain of salt

jhdeity
02-24-2014, 11:42 PM
jhdeity unironically likes nu-metal, take everything he says with a grain of salt

I love some nu metal. I'm guuessing Manky is the new King of Ghost Rock. Check the 1st comment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_KVavjkdTs

HIPSTERS UNITE IN 2014! We still love Shoegaze but we worship Ghost Rock now. Ughhhhhhhhhhh

mankvill
02-24-2014, 11:43 PM
wow you're really hung up on these "ghost rock" and "shoegaze" words, aren't you? how many more times can you shoehorn them into your typing

jhdeity
02-24-2014, 11:47 PM
wow you're really hung up on these "ghost rock" and "shoegaze" words, aren't you? how many more times can you shoehorn them into your typing

as many times as you do it with numetal which has been for over 5 years now.

I saw a great pic of you on another board. tongue out, licking some guys face. Glad to see you finally came out... hahahaha

Maybe if you stayed out of people's convo's people wouldn't put you on blast like that. I'm happy for ya though. All in good fun...

mankvill
02-24-2014, 11:49 PM
like I know you're already going to try to make "hahahaha GHOST ROCK!!! fucking retard HIPSTERS!!!!" a thing because you don't have the mental capacity to differentiate an actual collective choice to label a certain type of music from the first dumbass youtube comment you see on a youtube video of a song you saw Brad talking about because you're thirsty as fuck to try to find the next thing to make fun of hipsters for

so just stop while you're behind, old man.

mankvill
02-24-2014, 11:49 PM
as many times as you do it with numetal which has been for over 5 years now.

I saw a great pic of you on another board. tongue out, licking some guys face. Glad to see you finally came out... hahahaha

Maybe if you stayed out of people's convo's people wouldn't put you on blast like that. I'm happy for ya though. All in good fun...

LMAO TALKING ABOUT MY FACEBOOK PROFILE PICTURE IS PUTTING ME ON BLAST

shut up baldy

jhdeity
02-24-2014, 11:53 PM
like I know you're already going to try to make "hahahaha GHOST ROCK!!! fucking retard HIPSTERS!!!!" a thing because you don't have the mental capacity to differentiate an actual collective choice to label a certain type of music from the first dumbass youtube comment you see on a youtube video of a song you saw Brad talking about because you're thirsty as fuck to try to find the next thing to make fun of hipsters for

so just stop while you're behind, old man.

I just come here for good music man. Had a fun convo about Metal Church today because I'm old. Brought back some great memories.

I give everything a chance, even the shoegaze and ghost rock stuff so when people drool all over it I know not to listen to their other recommendations.

To each his own. Jamming the 2014 re-recodring of Flotsam & Jetsam - No Place for Disgrace. Love that shit... because I'm old. hahahaha

mankvill
02-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Ghost Rock isn't a thing. Like, seriously how do you lack the mental aptitude to understand that.

I'm trying to help you.

jhdeity
02-24-2014, 11:56 PM
Ghost Rock isn't a thing. Like, seriously how do you lack the mental aptitude to understand that.

I'm trying to help you.

Then why have I heard it 3 times this week and just posted a video that quotes it? Some sheeple are using it.

And I have as much hair as you short bus corn shucker. hahaha

C'Mon Man! hahahaha

mankvill
02-24-2014, 11:57 PM
God damn you are so obtuse it blows my mind. Please never reproduce.

jhdeity
02-24-2014, 11:59 PM
God damn you are so obtuse it blows my mind. Please never reproduce.

2nd time you've called me obtuse. hahaha So did you come out or was that pic just someone clowning you? Not that I care just thought it was funny

mankvill
02-24-2014, 11:59 PM
lol all you have is "lmao ur gay!!!" jokes. Are you autistic? This is a serious question.

jhdeity
02-25-2014, 12:02 AM
You're the only Mankvill I know... Wasn't trying to be obtuse again.

Jamming The Jones, one of my favorite instrumentals ever. Simplistic but obtuse in it's own right.

mankvill
02-25-2014, 12:03 AM
You're not even making sense now.

The Alzheimers is already setting in, gramps.

jhdeity
02-25-2014, 12:04 AM
lol all you have is "lmao ur gay!!!" jokes. Are you autistic? This is a serious question.

Was that not you in some pic licking a dude's face on the PRP site?

mankvill
02-25-2014, 12:06 AM
Was that not you in some pic licking a dude's face on the PRP site?

What the fuck are you even on about now

Onioner
02-25-2014, 12:17 AM
What the fuck is Ghost Rock? Is it like Scooby Doo music but with distorted guitars or some shit?

mankvill
02-25-2014, 12:19 AM
Is it like Scooby Doo music but with distorted guitars or some shit?

vyQZ13jobIY

Onioner
02-25-2014, 12:20 AM
vyQZ13jobIY

So is Ghost their own genre now?? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if Ghost Rock is literally just the band Ghost.

And for the record, I have zero opinion on Ghost because I've never even bothered to give them a listen. I will one day, but that day probably isn't today.

mankvill
02-25-2014, 12:23 AM
So is Ghost their own genre now?? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if Ghost Rock is literally just the band Ghost.

"Ghost rock" is not an actual genre. It might be a way to describe how a particular band sounds (for example, I've heard bands like Wolves In The Throne Room described as "ethereal black metal" which is, of course, not a real genre) and obviously no one should take it seriously.

edit: some people on here called Ghost "Scooby-Doo metal" when that song came out. Thought it was pretty funny. :lol:

MetalIsArt
02-25-2014, 05:24 AM
I'm probably the only one who listened to Ghost for like 15 seconds and disliked them immediately.

That's still more seconds than Volbeat, tho.

dcmetal108
02-25-2014, 08:53 AM
Since Ghost has their own genre I give Manks the honor of using "Bring Me The Horizon core"

Natrlhi
02-25-2014, 09:59 AM
12. Mogwai – Rave Tapes

1. Indian - From All Purity
5. Helms Alee - Sleepwalking Sailors
6. Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra - Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light on Everything
7. Mogwai - Rave Tapes
12. Culted - Oblique to all Paths

Yeah, that Indian album is just tits. I didn't expect it to rule so hard, and this is coming from a guy who loved Guiltless.

I gotta get on Woods, Mogwai, TSMZ and especially Helms Alee. I've heard some samples so far and it sounds incredible. I'm also supposed to review the new Culted (which reminds me I gotta d/L those damn files), but their previous stuff I checked out sounds awesome.

The samples of the new Cynic that I've heard though are just AWFUL. I can see how their sound may have progressed to where it seems to be now, but leaving all of the death metal behind and going full reta- I mean, prog is just not working for me at this point. Maybe I'll re-listen at some point, but first impressions were not good at all.

I see the new Behemoth is stirring up some controversy as well. I've heard like five seconds of it, but it didn't blow me away. My bet is that it's more like The Apostasy than Demigod. The latter was pure awesomeness, and the former was decent but lavishly over-priaised by many in my opinion.

MPF
02-25-2014, 10:42 AM
is the Iced Earth really that good? I think I'm gonna have to reconsider checking it out....

I'd like to think it is. I know a lot of people who hate it, but there is plenty that see how good it is. I think it's their best since Framing Armageddon.

mankvill
02-25-2014, 02:38 PM
I really really really liked the new Cynic. :(

MPF
02-25-2014, 02:43 PM
I really really really liked the new Cynic. :(

I do as well. Like I mentioned in my 2014 thread. they wrote an album that was for them, not pandering to the fans, and that's how all bands should write. The real fans will stick with them.

Dextrimental
02-25-2014, 02:55 PM
I do as well. Like I mentioned in my 2014 thread. they wrote an album that was for them, not pandering to the fans, and that's how all bands should write. The real fans will stick with them.

I've come to hate that phrase. The fans of what they're doing will stick with them, the ones who don't probably won't. It's a departure from their normal sound, and some fans aren't going to like it. Doesn't make them fake fans for not digging it and not wanting to support the band. Not like it's the bands 'Load' or anything, it's not the result of some rough period. They're making different music to what they used to make, and people are entitled to dislike it.

/rant

Natrlhi
02-25-2014, 03:22 PM
I've come to hate that phrase. The fans of what they're doing will stick with them, the ones who don't probably won't. It's a departure from their normal sound, and some fans aren't going to like it. Doesn't make them fake fans for not digging it and not wanting to support the band. Not like it's the bands 'Load' or anything, it's not the result of some rough period. They're making different music to what they used to make, and people are entitled to dislike it.

/rant:fist: Huzzah and fuck yes. Would I have been a shitty Baroness fan had I not eventually come to like Yellow & Green? I don't think so. It wouldn't have detracted from my undying love for everything pre-Y&G one bit. Just because I didn't care for Load or Reload doesn't change the fact that Metallica's music has been a major influence on my experiences in metal.

I see what MPF is saying, that bands should do what they want and not pander to the crowd, but I don't think it makes the fans hypocrites if they don't love everything a band releases. That's just dumb.

ravenheart
02-25-2014, 03:56 PM
I'd like to think it is. I know a lot of people who hate it, but there is plenty that see how good it is. I think it's their best since Framing Armageddon.

That's because half of it was already on Framing Armageddon (or almost any other album you care to pick). It's rehash after rehash.

ravenheart
02-25-2014, 04:00 PM

/rant

Spot on. It's not an example a lot of other people here are going to be on board with, but I'll go see Skid Row every time they come through here, and check out every new record, but 'Revolutions Per Minute' is still a piece of shit.

kalfitegrdan
02-25-2014, 05:52 PM

/rant

Exactly. I hate that phrase as well. Bands make shitty albums, whatever, doesn't mean I'm less of a fan of the band if I don't like a particular album. Just as bands shouldn't pander to what I want, I won't alter my tastes so as to be a "true" fan of all a band's material.

None of that is in reference to the new Cynic by the way. I haven't heard it yet.

MPF
02-25-2014, 08:38 PM
I should say that I meant that phrase more in when a band changes their sound it's automatically hated by fans. Of course every band can make a shitty album, but there are the people out there who for instance when Cynic went from Focus to Traced In Air, the so called die hard fans hated that album because the sound changed. Cynic didn't want to make Focus 2, they made the album they wanted to make, and damn it it's a great album.

The same thing is going on now, the album has been officially out for 11 days now and so many people are ragging on it, and in a few months down the road, those same people will either despise it more or let the album grow on them and love it. And I like to think that people with good taste in music wouldn't trash a band they like just because they changed their sound. If it actually sucks, then yeah hate it as much as you want, but do it because it actually sucks not a change in sound.

slapguitarer
02-25-2014, 09:10 PM
I should say that I meant that phrase more in when a band changes their sound it's automatically hated by fans. Of course every band can make a shitty album, but there are the people out there who for instance when Cynic went from Focus to Traced In Air, the so called die hard fans hated that album because the sound changed. Cynic didn't want to make Focus 2, they made the album they wanted to make, and damn it it's a great album.

The same thing is going on now, the album has been officially out for 11 days now and so many people are ragging on it, and in a few months down the road, those same people will either despise it more or let the album grow on them and love it. And I like to think that people with good taste in music wouldn't trash a band they like just because they changed their sound. If it actually sucks, then yeah hate it as much as you want, but do it because it actually sucks not a change in sound.

:|

Does it not occur to you that somebody might think the change in sound sucks? That's kind of the whole point of this convo. People don't like it because they think it sucks. It's not like people think "well it's different, I hate it". It's more like "I don't like this change in sound so much because it's not appealing to me".

MPF
02-25-2014, 09:50 PM
:|

Does it not occur to you that somebody might think the change in sound sucks? That's kind of the whole point of this convo. People don't like it because they think it sucks. It's not like people think "well it's different, I hate it". It's more like "I don't like this change in sound so much because it's not appealing to me".

I know more than enough people who don't use the logic you just said, so that's why I explained it the way I did.

MetalIsArt
02-26-2014, 11:09 AM
I like Load, but to each it's own.

Soon in da thread of "underrated" albums. ;)

Dextrimental
02-26-2014, 11:13 AM
I like Load, but to each it's own.

Soon in da thread of "underrated" albums. ;)

I enjoy it too, just an easy example of an album that was a serious departure of known sound and somewhat a rough period in the band's history.

jhdeity
02-26-2014, 10:38 PM
Sadus was my favorite band for 10 years even though they continued to put out prog albums when I wanted more speed metal. My favorite cd's are still the 1st 2 but the prog stuff is incredible musically. I do hold out hope that they put out one last thrash type cd one day. Or at least tour around here one more time.

I've found most bands will reward their fans for staying loyal. Hopefully Sadus follows suit. A new cd and a tour with Cynic would be awesome!

MetalIsArt
02-27-2014, 03:12 AM
I enjoy it too, just an easy example of an album that was a serious departure of known sound and somewhat a rough period in the band's history.

Yeah, the lyrics reflect that. The House That Jack Built is one of my favorite Metallica songs, the intro is great and well, you know what it's about.

El Gordo
02-27-2014, 07:34 AM
Yeah, the lyrics reflect that. The House That Jack Built is one of my favorite Metallica songs, the intro is great and well, you know what it's about.

Since we're on the topic, here's a good read on Load: http://thatshowkidsdie.com/2014/02/26/the-metallica-letters-thkd-vs-last-rites-load/

As for the purpose of this thread, other than the pig squeals, I'm really enjoying the new Benighted, which surprises the hell out of me. I'm not enjoying the new Cynic, which doesn't surprise me one bit.

Onioner
02-27-2014, 04:23 PM
The new Midnight Chaser kills. Outstanding modern NWOBHM-style radness.

XDoomsayerX
02-27-2014, 09:09 PM
New Modern Basebell was aight, Sports was way better.

New Schoolboy was cool nothing amazing though.

christopher
02-28-2014, 12:07 AM
New Crowbar will be out May 26!! :rocker:

elturtleboy
02-28-2014, 10:02 PM
New Hirax is meh. The title track is cool tho

jhdeity
03-02-2014, 12:22 PM
New Hatriot is exactly what you woule expect it to be. New Cynic, not so much...

Spiner202
03-02-2014, 12:31 PM
New Hatriot is exactly what you woule expect it to be.

Is it better than the first? I listened to that once and haven't gone back. It's not bad, but it was just really boring.

jhdeity
03-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Is it better than the first? I listened to that once and haven't gone back. It's not bad, but it was just really boring.

If you didn't like the 1st one you probably wouldn't like it. It's not a total carbon copy but it's not far off either. There were a couple of change of pace songs to mix it up but they do what they do. I'd like to see them live but doubt I'll listen to it that often unless I have a reason to.

300%_Density
03-02-2014, 02:45 PM
If you didn't like the 1st one you probably wouldn't like it. It's not a total carbon copy but it's not far off either. There were a couple of change of pace songs to mix it up but they do what they do. I'd like to see them live but doubt I'll listen to it that often unless I have a reason to.

Having listened to both. I think the new Hatriot kicks the hell outta the 1st release.

jhdeity
03-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Having listened to both. I think the new Hatriot kicks the hell outta the 1st release.

Yeah I like it better also. I just can't picture someone who thought the 1st one was boring liking it that much better. Maybe though.

300%_Density
03-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Yeah I like it better also. I just can't picture someone who thought the 1st one was boring liking it that much better. Maybe though.

The first seemed underwhelming IMO. There are more songs in the second that I liked more.

anomynous
03-02-2014, 03:52 PM
I'd like to see them live but doubt I'll listen to it that often unless I have a reason to.

There's a pretty good chance you'll be able to do that in Sept/Oct.

I think the second album is way better, even though the free pussy riot shit is already out of date.

Onioner
03-02-2014, 04:12 PM
There's a pretty good chance you'll be able to do that in Sept/Oct.

I think the second album is way better, even though the free pussy riot shit is already out of date.

I'm in the first album was really boring camp. Like, it was inoffensive but the only song that was half-memorable to me was Murder American Style. May have to give this one a listen if it's really that much better.

Spiner202
03-02-2014, 04:27 PM
I gave the first album another listen today and I still feel the same way about it. The only great songs on the record are the ones that were on the demo.

It's weird because it's pretty similar to Tempo of the Damned, but that album is much better.

Also, anyone have any ideas on where to order all these new power metal albums coming out? Everything is $15+ if you can find it. I'm looking for the new: Freedom Call, Iron Savior, Primal Fear, Persuader, Stormwarrior, and others. I can't even find a decently priced copy of the new Slough Feg up here. This had better not happen for Edguy and Gamma Ray when those come out (strangely though, I have no doubt it'll be easy to find the new Sabaton).

TehBr00tulz
03-02-2014, 05:27 PM
I've fallen in love with the new Alcest and Woods of Desolation. I listened to these bands before, but these new releases (Shelter and As The Stars) are just some of the most beautiful albums I have heard this year. I'm still eagerly awaiting the new Trap Them and Thou albums so far, and I have hope for the new Teitanblood and Anaal Nathrakh.

Other underrated releases that I would recommend to people would be the new Dephosphorus and Yautja albums.

adamclark52
03-02-2014, 10:06 PM
My dear, sweet god. I just heard the new Emmure song Nemesis. I never had anything against the few other songs I heard by them but I feel dumber after that one was over.

christopher
03-03-2014, 05:36 PM
I just got the Urban Pioneers debut album in the mail and it is awesome!! Good ole country music. It's the backing members from Jayke Orvis' band.

MPF
03-03-2014, 07:09 PM
The new Destrage and Words Of Farewell have been kicking my ass lately. Such good stuff.

Natrlhi
03-03-2014, 08:52 PM
My dear, sweet god. I just heard the new Emmure song Nemesis. I never had anything against the few other songs I heard by them but I feel dumber after that one was over.

That's what you get for listening to Emmure.

Nater
03-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Hirax bored me to tears but I just jammed the new Suicide Angels tonight and I liked it. Little long at times but a fun album and one of the better ones I've heard this year. New Aborted Fetus was pretty good. I havn't heard to much BDM/Slam come out yet this year but I'm sure there's some good shit I havn't heard yet

Datjazzfusion
03-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Artificial Brain sounds like a Gorguts/Portal/Demilich/Obscura hybrid :bowdown:

LogicBomb
03-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Artificial Brain sounds like a Gorguts/Portal/Demilich/Obscura hybrid :bowdown:

If you like that one, keep an eye out for Pyrrhon's new album out later this year. Similar, but different.

XDoomsayerX
03-10-2014, 11:19 AM
New La Dispute is pretty good but it feels really tame compared to their other two albums.

slapguitarer
03-10-2014, 12:05 PM
I posted this in the "now listening" thread but I'll post it here

Debut demo from black/doom metal band Predatory Light is for free dl. Members of Ash Borer and Drought

http://predatorylight.bandcamp.com/

MPF
03-10-2014, 01:04 PM

Debut demo from black/doom metal band Predatory Light is for free dl. Members of Ash Borer and Drought

This is damn good stuff!

hb420
03-10-2014, 03:56 PM

:party: They're great and from Santa Fe which is like 40 mins from me. Finally have a really great local act from my state.

BloodoftheKings
03-11-2014, 03:28 PM
I haven't been listening to too much new stuff lately but here's what I liked so far. I've only heard most of these albums once so I can't really rank them. The top 5 are all albums that might be my favorite but I have to give them a few more listens.

Top 5:
Behemoth - The Satanist
Indian - From All Purity
Gridlink - Longhena
Marissa Nadler - July
Artificial Brain - Labyrinth Constellation

Other stuff that was pretty good:
Have a Nice Life - The Unnatural World
Cities Aviv - Come to Life
The Men - Tommorrow's Hits

EPs: (both free on bandcamp)
Grizzlor - We're All Just Aliens (http://grizzlordestroys.bandcamp.com) (dope noise rock group)
Y.O.D.A. - It's Gone Too Far (http://youonlydiealot.bandcamp.com/) (makethemsuffer12's comedic slam band)

Dextrimental
03-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Been spinning 'Conquering Dystopia'. It's pretty solid, if just exactly what you'd expect from a Jeff Loomis instrumental record.

Going to move onto the Intervals record in a bit.

MPF
03-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Been spinning 'Conquering Dystopia'. It's pretty solid, if just exactly what you'd expect from a Jeff Loomis instrumental record.

Now we just need them to tour. :drool:

christopher
03-11-2014, 11:02 PM

I'm kind of bummed TonyD and I missed most of their set in January while waiting in line for a beer. The song or two I saw was fucking awesome.

hb420
03-12-2014, 12:46 PM
New Teitanblood.... :wow:

mastodon421
03-13-2014, 02:54 PM
Hip-hop fans check out the Freddie Gibbs/Madlib collaboration Pinata. Beats are insane and Gibbs absolutely spits over these beats. Chillest gangsta rap record I've ever heard.

Addicted2metal
03-13-2014, 09:01 PM
Really liking the new The Pretty reckless album it's solid.

XDoomsayerX
03-13-2014, 09:40 PM
Hip-hop fans check out the Freddie Gibbs/Madlib collaboration Pinata. Beats are insane and Gibbs absolutely spits over these beats. Chillest gangsta rap record I've ever heard.

Will do!

Also bro I'm in love with XXX and Old from Danny Brown, is his older stuff worth checking out?

mastodon421
03-14-2014, 06:26 AM
Will do!

Also bro I'm in love with XXX and Old from Danny Brown, is his older stuff worth checking out?

I haven't really given The Hybrid or any of his earlier work a thorough enough listen, but from what I've heard, it's pretty solid. Lot more straight-up gangsta rap, not as much wild experimentation as there is on XXX and Old.

moobys37
03-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Top 5:

1. St. Vincent - s/t
2. Indian - From All Purity
3. Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra - Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light on Everything
4. Behemoth - The Satanist
5. Warpaint - s/t

GarageMetal468
03-14-2014, 05:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgQ03q0IaGo

New Teitanblood song. Yes.

adamclark52
03-14-2014, 07:49 PM
So I got the Babymetal album in the mail today...and it's really enjoyable.

dcmetal108
03-14-2014, 09:57 PM
Buckethead has released like 15 albums over the past few months. God damn.

UPDATE : This is the listing of music released over the last year :

Forgotten Library (2013)
Pike 12 (2013)
Pike 13 (2013)
Pike 14 (2013)
Pike 15 (2013)
Pike 16 (2013)
Pike 17 (2013)
Pike 18 (2013)
Pike 19 (2013)
Pike 20 (2013)
Pike 21 (2013)
Pike 22 (2013)
Telescape (2013)
Slug Cartilage (2013)
Pancake Heater (2013)
Worms for the Garden (2013)
Halls of Dimension (2013)
Feathers (2013)
Splatters (2013)
Mannequin Cemetery (2013)
Pearson's Square (2013)
Rise of the Blue Lotus (2013)
Pumpkin (2013)
Thank you Ohlinger's (2013)
The Pit (2013)
Hollowed Out (2013)
It Smells Like Frogs (2013)
Twisterlend (2013)
Pikes (2013)
Triple Stamp a Double Stamp (2014)
The Coats Of Claude (2014)
Pike 42 (2014)
Pike 43 (2014)
Rainy Days (2014)

Nater
03-14-2014, 11:07 PM
Buckethead has released like 15 albums over the past few months. God damn.

UPDATE : This is the listing of music released over the last year :

Forgotten Library (2013)
Pike 12 (2013)
Pike 13 (2013)
Pike 14 (2013)
Pike 15 (2013)
Pike 16 (2013)
Pike 17 (2013)
Pike 18 (2013)
Pike 19 (2013)
Pike 20 (2013)
Pike 21 (2013)
Pike 22 (2013)
Telescape (2013)
Slug Cartilage (2013)
Pancake Heater (2013)
Worms for the Garden (2013)
Halls of Dimension (2013)
Feathers (2013)
Splatters (2013)
Mannequin Cemetery (2013)
Pearson's Square (2013)
Rise of the Blue Lotus (2013)
Pumpkin (2013)
Thank you Ohlinger's (2013)
The Pit (2013)
Hollowed Out (2013)
It Smells Like Frogs (2013)
Twisterlend (2013)
Pikes (2013)
Triple Stamp a Double Stamp (2014)
The Coats Of Claude (2014)
Pike 42 (2014)
Pike 43 (2014)
Rainy Days (2014)

I noticed that one day. I was like "wtfmate?"

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Here's my top 5 so far:

5.Red Dragon Cartel -Red Dragon Cartel
4.Chronicles Of The Immortals - Netherworld (Path 1) - Vanden Plas
3.Pretty Wild - Pretty Wild
2.The Fiction Maze - Persuader
1.Chasing The Dream - Skull Fist

Overall I haven't been able to find a lot of good new stuff, anybody got any suggestions?

Spiner202
03-15-2014, 09:50 AM
Here's my top 5 so far:

5.Red Dragon Cartel -Red Dragon Cartel
4.Chronicles Of The Immortals - Netherworld (Path 1) - Vanden Plas
3.Pretty Wild - Pretty Wild
2.The Fiction Maze - Persuader
1.Chasing The Dream - Skull Fist

Overall I haven't been able to find a lot of good new stuff, anybody got any suggestions?
Do you like any thrash? This year has been nuts for thrash:

Exmortus - Slave to the Sword
Nervosa - Victim of Yourself
Omnivore - Omnivore
Suicidal Angels - Divide and Conquer
The Outer Limits - World Metal Domination (this one's not out yet, but highly recommended for fans of Forbidden)
Vindicator - Sleeping With Evil

I know you like power metal, so here's a few more rec's if you haven't heard them:

Freedom Call - Beyond
Iron Savior - Rise of the Hero
Primal Fear - Delivering The Black
Stormwarrior - Thunder and Steele
Axel Rudi Pell - Into the Storm (more trad, but you'll like this)

And coming in the next couple of months:

Gamma Ray - Empire of the Undead
Edguy - Space Police
Sabaton - Heroes

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Do you like any thrash? This year has been nuts for thrash:

Exmortus - Slave to the Sword
Nervosa - Victim of Yourself
Omnivore - Omnivore
Suicidal Angels - Divide and Conquer
The Outer Limits - World Metal Domination (this one's not out yet, but highly recommended for fans of Forbidden)
Vindicator - Sleeping With Evil

I know you like power metal, so here's a few more rec's if you haven't heard them:

Freedom Call - Beyond
Iron Savior - Rise of the Hero
Stormwarrior - Thunder and Steele
Axel Rudi Pell - Into the Storm (more trad, but you'll like this)

And coming in the next couple of months:

Gamma Ray - Empire of the Undead
Edguy - Space Police
Sabaton - Heroes

I'm VERY picky when it comes to thrash, I've only found a very few albums I have enjoyed (mostly by Metallica).

I'll check out the new Stormwarrior, Freedom Call, Primal Fear, and Axel Rudi Pell, and I am looking forward to the new Edguy and Gamma Ray.

I'm actually listening to the new Iron Savior right now, it rocks! :rocker:

illuminatus917
03-15-2014, 03:21 PM
This is damn good stuff!

Yeah, I'm glad Slap shared that.

hellawaits77ny
03-16-2014, 06:23 AM
Haven't listened to much so far this year. What does everyone recommend death metal or hardcore wise? I've listened to the new Benighted, Behemoth, Throwdown, and a couple slam bands new albums, that's it.

slapguitarer
03-16-2014, 09:29 AM
If you dig Gorguts you need to hear the new Artificial Brain

slapguitarer
03-16-2014, 05:18 PM
can't make a thread yet, but Acid King has been posting pics from the studio. So we may be getting a new Acid King album! It's been almost a decade since III came out :eek:

kalfitegrdan
03-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Haven't listened to much so far this year. What does everyone recommend death metal or hardcore wise? I've listened to the new Benighted, Behemoth, Throwdown, and a couple slam bands new albums, that's it.

New Yautja is fucking amazing if you dig crusty hardcore. New Backtrack is really good for some more straight up hardcore. New Amputated is great, but I think you said you already checked that out. The new Prostitute Disfigurement is alright, definitely worth at least a listen. Also, what Slap said about Artificial Brain.

LogicBomb
03-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Also new Ringworm if you're into them. Nothing amazing, but it's a solid record.

dcmetal108
03-16-2014, 09:08 PM
New Yautja is fucking amazing if you dig crusty hardcore. New Backtrack is really good for some more straight up hardcore. New Amputated is great, but I think you said you already checked that out. The new Prostitute Disfigurement is alright, definitely worth at least a listen. Also, what Slap said about Artificial Brain.

Backtrack is my album of the year. Great straight up hardcore.

New Comeback Kid is pretty dope.

Modern Baseball is amazing but thats pop punk.

treghet
03-17-2014, 04:54 AM
I haven't heard much new stuff yet this year, but I've listened to the new Morbus Chron a lot. On the first listen I didn't know what to think, but with repeated ones I've enjoyed it more and more. Ripening Life is my favorite track, but I enjoy the more progressive ones as well. It's not going to suit everyone's tastes, that's for sure, but I like the direction they've taken. It has drawn a lot of comparisons to The Formulas of Death, but aside from the fact that both bands have made a big change in style on their sophomore records, I don't see that many similarities. The Formulas of Death has a much darker atmosphere and retained a lot more of the death metal elements of it's predecessor than Sweven did. Morbus Chron has taken their influences and created a unique sound, which I don't think is easy to do these days.

larvtard
03-17-2014, 07:26 AM
I haven't heard much new stuff yet this year, but I've listened to the new Morbus Chron a lot. On the first listen I didn't know what to think, but with repeated ones I've enjoyed it more and more. Ripening Life is my favorite track, but I enjoy the more progressive ones as well. It's not going to suit everyone's tastes, that's for sure, but I like the direction they've taken. It has drawn a lot of comparisons to The Formulas of Death, but aside from the fact that both bands have made a big change in style on their sophomore records, I don't see that many similarities. The Formulas of Death has a much darker atmosphere and retained a lot more of the death metal elements of it's predecessor than Sweven did. Morbus Chron has taken their influences and created a unique sound, which I don't think is easy to do these days.

As you know I'm not a big death metal guy, but I can't stop listening to this album. Like if Chuck took a shitload of DMT during the recording of Spritual Healing. It's amazing.

Nater
03-17-2014, 09:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyULYsCHLOY

New album out May 13th and this track sounds fucking amazing. I loved the last album and this seems to be in the same vein as that.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-17-2014, 10:58 AM
New Iron Savior is awesome but Primal Fear's new one is ehh.

hb420
03-17-2014, 12:57 PM

All of this :light: Glad to see people liking it, I was worried for a second it wasn't going to be received very well. Probably my second favorite release of the year so far. I just keep coming back to it and finding more things to like about it.

kalfitegrdan
03-17-2014, 05:47 PM
New Young and in the Way, "When Life Comes to Death", coming out May 27. :drool:

larvtard
03-17-2014, 06:01 PM
New Young and in the Way, "When Life Comes to Death", coming out May 27. :drool:

This is good. (http://worsenbm.bandcamp.com/album/blood) Has some of the same members.

EDIT: Drunk.

LogicBomb
03-17-2014, 11:11 PM
Also new Incantation out in late may, "Dirges of Elysium."

Looking forward to that, YAITW, Homewrecker, Dead Congregation, Pyrrhon, Misery Index, Thantifaxath, Metal Clergy.. should be a good year in pretty much every genre.

Also, I only heard snippets of the new Morbus Chron, but what I heard sounded way more interesting than their debut.

slapguitarer
03-18-2014, 08:25 AM
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/16772-agalloch-celestial-effigy/

NEW AGALLOCH :party:

hb420
03-18-2014, 10:11 AM
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/16772-agalloch-celestial-effigy/

NEW AGALLOCH :party:

Yeah this sounds a lot like their first album, which is my least favorite. I mean it's Agalloch and it's still good and all, but I was hoping they were still going to keep on the epic black metal path they were on following Marrow and Faustian.

illuminatus917
03-18-2014, 11:48 AM
Yeah this sounds a lot like their first album, which is my least favorite. I mean it's Agalloch and it's still good and all, but I was hoping they were still going to keep on the epic black metal path they were on following Marrow and Faustian.

I was kind of hoping the same. Though I wouldn't mind one bit if they structured it like their first three but threw in one long, drawn out track like Black Lake.

Spiner202
03-18-2014, 06:00 PM
White Wizzard put out a new track today: http://whitewizzard.bandcamp.com/track/marathon-of-dreams

Jon took over on vocals, and unfortunately, he is holding this song back. His vocals aren't bad, but they aren't really powerful enough. It doesn't help that the production is really poor. It's unfortunate, because the song itself is great.

In more exciting news, another Breitenhold song was just released, and this is sounding like it will be one of the best albums of the year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM66Ph5qyLo

kalfitegrdan
03-18-2014, 06:20 PM
This is good. (http://worsenbm.bandcamp.com/album/blood) Has some of the same members.

Nice. I'm really digging this.

illuminatus917
03-18-2014, 06:56 PM

EP of the year so far.

MPF
03-18-2014, 09:07 PM
More Minnesota Pimping here:

These guys have produced one hell of a Black Metal album here. A band called Nuklear Frost. THey just released their debut album, Subjugation, just a couple hours ago. Give it a listen if you want some mighty fine Black Metal to blast out of your speakers.

http://nuklearfrost.bandcamp.com/album/subjugation

MPF
03-19-2014, 01:26 PM
Another Minnesota band pimping, this time it's Power Metal

Nobel Beast- Nobel Beast

This is an absolutely fantastic album and I dare say may be the Power Metal album of the year. I remember meeting the singer/guitarist all the way back at my first show at the now defuncted Station 4 and been friends with him ever since. He asked me on many occasions to join the band, but I couldn't afford the drive when I was asked, if only it could have been a year ago, anyways. This has a great Power Metal vibe with some Black Metal elements (not vocally) Absolutely killer stuff! The album gets fully released on Sunday I HIGHLY suggest checking it out then, and the two tracks streaming currently!

http://tridroid.bandcamp.com/album/noble-beast

anomynous
03-19-2014, 01:35 PM
White Wizzard put out a new track today: http://whitewizzard.bandcamp.com/track/marathon-of-dreams

Jon took over on vocals, and unfortunately, he is holding this song back. His vocals aren't bad, but they aren't really powerful enough. It doesn't help that the production is really poor. It's unfortunate, because the song itself is great.

he's still trying to do this white wizzard thing?

http://heelsoncobblestones.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/wrap-it-up-box.png

Spiner202
03-19-2014, 06:41 PM
New Massacre is better than I was expecting. It actually reminds me of Cannibal Corpse a lot. Probably because the singer has a lot of similarities to Corpsegrinder.

he's still trying to do this white wizzard thing?

You gotta respect the guy for doing what he loves. The band falls apart every few years, and he's almost at the point where he's doing everything himself now. Even if it isn't as good as the older material, he's still doing a decent job.

hb420
03-19-2014, 07:14 PM
New Massacre is better than I was expecting. It actually reminds me of Cannibal Corpse a lot. Probably because the singer has a lot of similarities to Corpsegrinder.

This, I was pretty surprised by it myself. I didn't even know they were still active until it arrived in my inbox.

Revised Top 20
1. Conan - Blood Eagle
2. Morbus Chron - Sweven
3. St. Vincent - St. Vincent
4. Thou - Heathen
5. Coffinworm - IV.I.VIII
6. Teitanblood - Death
7. Indian - From All Purity
8. Warpaint - Warpaint
9. Twilight - III: Beneath Trident's Tomb
10. Slough Feg - Digital Resistance
11. Nux Vomica - Nux Vomica
12. Pilgrim - Void Worship
13. Behemoth - The Satanist
14. Angel Olsen - Burn Your Fire For No Witness
15. Psalm Zero - The Drain
16. The Men - Tomorrow's Hits
17. Sargeist - Feeding The Crawling Shadows
18. Cloud Nothings - Here And Nowhere Else
19. Artificial Brain - Labyrinth Constellation
20. The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream

hb420
03-19-2014, 07:22 PM
I was kind of hoping the same. Though I wouldn't mind one bit if they structured it like their first three but threw in one long, drawn out track like Black Lake.

Exactly my thoughts as well, however after looking at the track listing there appears to be at least three interludes. With only nine tracks total I'm hoping there are a couple long epics.

300%_Density
03-19-2014, 07:43 PM
I saw Emmure leaked obviously everybody is stoked.

They apparently have a song called "Girls Don’t Like Boys, Girls Like 40’s and Blunts" I wish I was making this up.

Nater
03-19-2014, 08:35 PM

They apparently have a song called "Girls Don’t Like Boys, Girls Like 40’s and Blunts" I wish I was making this up.

Are you actually surprised by that title? They have been doing shit like that for years. Stoked to check the new Massacre out.

dcmetal108
03-19-2014, 08:40 PM

That's not shocking at all, its Emmure. They do that stuff.

MPF
03-19-2014, 08:42 PM
I think Bubba The Love Sponge should have the right to sue over the name 40's and Blunts. :lol:

slapguitarer
03-20-2014, 02:00 PM
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/16786-gravehill-open-their-throats/

New Gravehill track

treghet
03-22-2014, 01:17 AM
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/16786-gravehill-open-their-throats/

New Gravehill track

Music sounds good, but what the hell happened to Mike's voice? He sounds weird on the other new song too (link (http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured/track-premiere-gravehill-the-ascending-fire-ft-eric-cutler-and-chris-reifert-of-autopsy/)).

anomynous
03-22-2014, 09:34 AM
It appears so far that Steel Panther has released the weaker songs as their singles so far, album's pretty solid so far

MPF
03-22-2014, 08:16 PM
Top 30 Albums Of 2014 As Of 3-22-2014

30.) Mechina- Xenon
29.) Crippled Black Phoenix- White Light Generator
28.) Vanden Plas- Chronicles Of The Immortals - Netherworld
27.) Exmortus- Slave To The Sword
26.) Words Of Farewell- The Black Wild Yonder
25.) Gridlink- Longhena
24.) Amoral- Fallen Leaves & Dead Sparrows
23.) Demon Hunter- Extremist
22.) Conquering Dystopia- Conquering Dystopia
21.) Cormorant- Earth Diver
20.) Within Temptation- Hydra
19.) Nuklear Frost- Subjugation
18.) KXM- KXM
17.) Bigelf- Into the Maelstrom
16.) Animals As Leaders- The Joy of Motion
15.) Skull Fist- Chasing The Dream
14.) Narcotic Wasteland- Narcotic Wasteland
11.) Dynahead Chordata II
10.) Persuader-The Fiction Maze
9.) Indian- From All Purity
8.) Iced Earth- Plagues Of Babylon
7.) Noble Beast- Noble Beast
6.) Behemoth- The Satanist
5.) Alcest- Shelter
4.) Cynic- Kindly Bent To Free Us
3.) Woods of Desolation- As The Stars
2.) Vanishing Point- Distant Is the Sun
1.) Destrage- Are You Kidding Me? No.

slapguitarer
03-23-2014, 12:40 AM
>putting within temptation above cormorant

Please go away.

Spiner202
03-23-2014, 09:35 AM
I'm three tracks into the debut album by Sabbatory, and I think this is going to be on a lot of top 10's this year. It's pretty rare that I enjoy death metal this much on first listen.

MPF
03-23-2014, 10:18 AM
>putting within temptation above cormorant

Please go away.

Two things to note is that I have loved Within Temptation for longer than I love Cormorant, and second, and probably more important. I only got the new Cormorant last night. Considering how much promos I get (currently at 23.64GBs, the fact that it's even in my top 25 shows that it is a damn good album.

hb420
03-24-2014, 04:46 PM
1. Triptykon - Melana Chasmata
2. Conan - Blood Eagle
4. Morbus Chron - Sweven
5. Cormorant - Earth Diver
6. Thou - Heathen
7. Warpaint - Warpaint
8. Coffinworm - IV.I.VIII
9. Indian - From All Purity
10. Slough Feg - Digital Resistance

moobys37
03-24-2014, 05:07 PM

I really want this to end up on our year-end top 10 list and everybody that's so rah-rah metal to get upset about it.

kalfitegrdan
03-24-2014, 05:38 PM
1. Yautja - Songs of Descent
2. Conan - Blood Eagle
3. Skull Fist - Chasing the Dream
4. Benighted - Carnivore Sublime
5. Backtrack - Lost in Life
6. Gridlink - Longhena
7. Amputated - Dissect, Molest, Ingest
8. Morbus Chron - Sweven
9. Culted - Oblique to All Paths
10. Bong Breaker - Mountain
11. Ringworm - Hammer of the Witch
12. Ea - A etilla
13. Indian - From All Purity
14. Teitanblood - Death
15. Artificial Brain - Labyrinth Constellation

New Thou will most likely be on my list based on the few songs I've heard so far. Same for the new Cormorant just based on the fact that it's Cormorant.

smearCampaign
03-24-2014, 05:39 PM
I really want this to end up on our year-end top 10 list and everybody that's so rah-rah metal to get upset about it.

I'd rather see the Warpaint record do it. Great stuff.

But let's be honest. Neither one has the Deafheaven potential 'round these parts.

moobys37
03-24-2014, 05:47 PM
I'd rather see the Warpaint record do it. Great stuff.

But let's be honest. Neither one has the Deafheaven potential 'round these parts.

In a year where Agalloch and Triptykon have records coming out neither St. Vincent or Warpaint will be anywhere close to number 1 on this site but both are as of now quite easily top 10 records that I think have merit on here.

slapguitarer
03-24-2014, 08:04 PM
1. Cormorant – Earth Diver
2. Indian – From All Purity
3. Thou – Heathen
4. Artificial Brain – Labyrinth Constellation
5. Nothing – Guilty Of Everything
7. Woods of Desolation – As The Stars
8. Cities Aviv – Come To Life
9. Predatory Light – MMXIV
10. The Body – I Shall Die Here
12. Slough Feg – Digital Resistance
13. Conan – Blood Eagle
14. Ea – A Etilla
15. Angel Olsen – Burn Your Fire For No Witness

Recently dl'd new Dirge and Coffinworm. From the sounds of it, I should check out Morbus Chron as well.

treghet
03-25-2014, 03:20 AM
New Volahn and Arizmenda songs from upcoming full lengths. I'm especially looking forward to the Arizmenda album.

Volahn: https://crepusculonegro.bandcamp.com/track/najtir-ichik
Arizmenda: https://crepusculonegro.bandcamp.com/track/scabbed-knees-rope-and-vaseline

elturtleboy
03-25-2014, 05:03 PM

Hopefully this means new tour

larvtard
03-25-2014, 07:43 PM
I have a list on RYM with everything from this year I've heard which you can check out (https://rateyourmusic.com/list/PonderedUseless/2014/); I'm constantly updating it.

Right now, there's only five or so albums that really stand out to me:

1. Sun Kil Moon - Benji
2. Nothing - Guilty of Everything
3. Morbus Chron - Sweven
4. Coffinworm - IV.I.VIII
5. Chain Gang Grave - When Your Friends Become Cops

dcmetal108
03-25-2014, 08:25 PM
I have a list on RYM with everything from this year I've heard which you can check out (https://rateyourmusic.com/list/PonderedUseless/2014/); I'm constantly updating it.

1. Sun Kil Moon - Benji
3. Morbus Chron - Sweven

Oh shit I didn't know Sun Kil Moon had a new record.

XDoomsayerX
03-25-2014, 09:28 PM
New Seahaven sounds way different. Flesh was such a tease. Still dig it though.

MPF
03-25-2014, 09:45 PM
Hortus Animea- Secular Music

Listen and listen now!!!

kalfitegrdan
03-25-2014, 10:42 PM

1. Sun Kil Moon - Benji
3. Morbus Chron - Sweven

Cool. I'll have to check it out when I get off work. I found a lot of great stuff on your list last year.

I've had the new Coffinworm for like a month, I really need to check that out.

smearCampaign
03-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Nuclearhammer's Serpentine Hermetic Lucifer is a beast of a Canadian black/death album. If you like Revenge, Portal and/or Inquisition this one is worth a few spins. I'll be buying it as soon as it comes out in June. :rocker:

NWN is streaming it now on their bandcamp, so check it out:
http://nuclearwarnowproductions.bandcamp.com/album/serpentine-hermetic-lucifer

slapguitarer
03-27-2014, 11:09 AM
http://thou.bandcamp.com/album/heathen

So if you have something against downloading leaked albums, Thou are offering their new record for "name your price" on band camp.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-27-2014, 11:18 AM
Crazy Lixx just released new single titled "Sympathy", and it rocks! https://play.spotify.com/album/7jYIpOr6dAktNXpGGSwxl6

If you like Skid Row and Def Leppard you should like this, because they sound like a combo of both.

smearCampaign
03-27-2014, 01:15 PM
http://thou.bandcamp.com/album/heathen

So if you have something against downloading leaked albums, Thou are offering their new record for "name your price" on band camp.

Yep, another reason to love Thou. They've always released all of their material digitally for free. Give 'em a buck at least you cheap bastards.

mastodon421
03-27-2014, 03:47 PM
For you hip-hop fans out there, CunninLynguists is giving away their new record for free through Monday: http://cunninlynguists.bandcamp.com/

XDoomsayerX
03-28-2014, 01:05 PM
heard the new linkin park on the radio at first I thought it was A7x :lol:

Onioner
03-29-2014, 09:15 PM
I finally got ahold of my copy of Earth Diver. What an incredible album. This is probably my 67th or something hour that I've spent listening to these songs and they're still as amazing as the first time I heard them. Gonna be hard to top this one. Also I'll be damned if Broken Circle isn't the best thing they've ever done.

GarageMetal468
03-30-2014, 11:10 AM
Nuclearhammer's Serpentine Hermetic Lucifer is a beast of a Canadian black/death album. If you like Revenge, Portal and/or Inquisition this one is worth a few spins. I'll be buying it as soon as it comes out in June. :rocker:

NWN is streaming it now on their bandcamp, so check it out:
http://nuclearwarnowproductions.bandcamp.com/album/serpentine-hermetic-lucifer

This rules.

slapguitarer
03-30-2014, 12:47 PM
http://www.terrorizer.com/news/streams/vallenfyre-premiere-new-song-scabs-exclusively-terrorizer/

New track from Vallenfyre

jhdeity
03-30-2014, 01:47 PM
No love for new Steel Panther? Love it...

MPF
03-31-2014, 12:10 AM
Quarter Year Top 30 Albums Of 2014

30.) Steel Panther- All You Can Eat
29.) Exmortus- Slave To The Sword
28.) Words Of Farewell- The Black Wild Yonder
27.) Amoral- Fallen Leaves & Dead Sparrows
26.) Gridlink- Longhena
25.) Bast- Spectres
24.) Conquering Dystopia- Conquering Dystopia
23.) Nuklear Frost- Subjugation
22.) KXM- KXM
21.) Bigelf- Into the Maelstrom
20.) Animals As Leaders- The Joy of Motion
19.) Within Temptation- Hydra
18.) Skull Fist- Chasing The Dream
17.) Narcotic Wasteland- Narcotic Wasteland
16.) Whispered- Shogunate Macabre
15.) Dynahead- Chordata II
14.) Bend Sinister- Animals
13.) Demon Hunter- Extremist
12.) Persuader- The Fiction Maze
11.) Cormorant- Earth Diver
10.) Indian- From All Purity
9.) Iced Earth- Plagues Of Babylon
8.) Noble Beast- Noble Beast
7.) Behemoth- The Satanist
6.) Alcest- Shelter
5.) Cynic- Kindly Bent To Free Us
4.) Woods of Desolation- As The Stars
3.) Vanishing Point- Distant Is the Sun
2.) Hortus Animae- Secular Music

kalfitegrdan
03-31-2014, 04:01 AM
The new Exmortus is, like, really good. I'm not usually a big fan of stuff with a lot of widdlys, but it's actually coherent, although still a bit over indulgent.

treghet
03-31-2014, 04:29 AM
The new Exmortus is, like, really good. I'm not usually a big fan of stuff with a lot of widdlys, but it's actually coherent, although still a bit over indulgent.

I don't get the fascination with this band. Just checked out a couple songs from it and they sound like generic retro thrash with weak vocals and the same production style as every other band in their vein. The guitarists have a lot technical ability, but they write boring riffs. I don't feel bad about missing almost all of their set at the Destruction show.

ravenheart
03-31-2014, 06:20 AM
So far I think the only albums I've heard this year that could be contenders for year end are:

Shrapnel - The Virus Conspires
Cross Vault - Spectres of Revocable Loss
Blackfinger - Blackfinger

Really, really good, but not so amazing that I can't imagine other things beating them:

Berggren Kerslake Band - The Sun Has Gone Hazy
Bigelf - Into The Maelstrom
The Brew - Control
Vandenberg's MoonKings - MoonKings
Chrome Division - Infernal Rock Eternal

Good, but just standard:

Ring of Fire - Battle of Leningrad
Ektomorf - Retribution
Lover Under Cover - Into The Night
Mustasch - Thank You For The Demon
The Oath - The Oath

Varying degrees of disappointing:

California Breed - California Breed
Toseland - Renegade
Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon
Gus G. - I Am The Fire
Kamchatka - The Search Goes On
Axel Rudi Pell - Into The Storm
Grand Magus - Triumph & Power
Red Dragon Cartel - Red Dragon Cartel
Songs of Townes Van Zandt Vol. II

Still need to listen to: Pilgrim, Lost Society, Below, Sebastian Bach, Blood Runs Deep, Black Label Society, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Brainstorm, Edguy, Kayser, Gamma Ray, Adrenaline Mob, Black Stone Cherry, Savage Messiah, Suicidal Angels, Hatriot, House of Lords, KXM, Winger, Kill Ritual

300%_Density
04-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Jesus god, new BLS is awful. And I would consider myself a BLS fan (& at times apologist) but this is shit. When I heard the single come out I really had my doubts. I've usually at the very least enjoyed their singles but the new one blew and the album does too.

There are a few ballads from them I enjoy. All the ballads on here are boring. Almost everything has almost a bland mid tempo pace. Nothing memorable. There's maybe 1 song that is decent and that's it. Order of the Black IMO was a really great album. I didn't think anything could suck like Shot To Hell. I was wrong. There's still atleast a few songs I like on that album.

They seemed to be better when Zakk was still drinking and they released a new album every year vs every few years like they have lately.

John The Drummer
04-01-2014, 02:24 PM
ASESINO NEEDS TO RELEASE THEIR NEW FUCKING ALBUM ALREADY!!!!

christopher
04-01-2014, 03:01 PM
ASESINO NEEDS TO RELEASE THEIR NEW FUCKING ALBUM ALREADY!!!!

Brujeria as well. I bought a guitar off of Shane and he said he recorded the new album with that guitar. It's signed from 2009.

smearCampaign
04-01-2014, 03:40 PM

Just checked out a song on youtube. Great stuff. Reminds me of Pallbearer; you can really hear the influence of Warning.

jhdeity
04-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Quarter Year Top 30 Albums Of 2014

30.) Steel Panther- All You Can Eat
29.) Exmortus- Slave To The Sword
28.) Words Of Farewell- The Black Wild Yonder
27.) Amoral- Fallen Leaves & Dead Sparrows
26.) Gridlink- Longhena
25.) Bast- Spectres
24.) Conquering Dystopia- Conquering Dystopia
23.) Nuklear Frost- Subjugation
22.) KXM- KXM
21.) Bigelf- Into the Maelstrom
20.) Animals As Leaders- The Joy of Motion
19.) Within Temptation- Hydra
18.) Skull Fist- Chasing The Dream
17.) Narcotic Wasteland- Narcotic Wasteland
16.) Whispered- Shogunate Macabre
15.) Dynahead- Chordata II
14.) Bend Sinister- Animals
13.) Demon Hunter- Extremist
12.) Persuader- The Fiction Maze
11.) Cormorant- Earth Diver
10.) Indian- From All Purity
9.) Iced Earth- Plagues Of Babylon
8.) Noble Beast- Noble Beast
7.) Behemoth- The Satanist
6.) Alcest- Shelter
5.) Cynic- Kindly Bent To Free Us
4.) Woods of Desolation- As The Stars
3.) Vanishing Point- Distant Is the Sun
2.) Hortus Animae- Secular Music

Cynic that high and Steel Panther that low... Wow. Some of those Cynic lyrics are just so f'n bad... I dig some of the music but just can't over the Haight-Ashbury crap...

slapguitarer
04-01-2014, 04:06 PM
So you're going to complain about Cynic's bad lyrics, but you're fine with the rubbish Steel Panther produces?

moobys37
04-01-2014, 04:14 PM
So you're going to complain about Cynic's bad lyrics, but you're fine with the rubbish Steel Panther produces?

"Pop Pop Snap Crackle and Pop" and "There was so much, so much love
So much love on your face There was so much, so much love Sticky, gooey jizz on your face, yeah" are both pretty up there in the awful spectrum.

illuminatus917
04-01-2014, 05:20 PM

I just listened to A Query in Chains. It's brilliant.

I can't wait to hear the whole thing.

christopher
04-01-2014, 08:22 PM
The new OFF! album is streaming here. (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/arts/music/pressplay.html?_r=2&) So sick!!:rocker:

jhdeity
04-01-2014, 08:48 PM

It's meant to be comedic obviously.

slapguitarer
04-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Doesn't erase the fact that the music is garbage and the shtick is fucking dumb.

MPF
04-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Cynic that high and Steel Panther that low... Wow. Some of those Cynic lyrics are just so f'n bad... I dig some of the music but just can't over the Haight-Ashbury crap...

I like Steel Panther but it is a novelty. Their lyrics are horrible but so are most Glam band's lyrics. Lyrics don't mean as much to me as the music produced and Cynic pulled it off for me.

Also, I'm sitting at 28GBs of 2014 music, the fact Steel Panther is even in the Top 30 shows that I actually do enjoy it a lot.

Nater
04-01-2014, 10:12 PM
I FUCKING LOVE THE NEW AUSTRIAN DEATH MACHINE!

Seriously has some of the best songs he's done with that group. Tim hit his stride. One More Rep, I Lied and Crom are all fucking amazing.

MPF
04-01-2014, 10:50 PM
I would say the New Austrian Death Machine is a killer album, but I'm going to go to the gym and hire someone to do it for me.

kalfitegrdan
04-01-2014, 11:12 PM
I would say the New Austrian Death Machine is a killer album, but I'm going to go to the gym and hire someone to do it for me.

ZING!

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 02:46 AM
Doesn't erase the fact that the music is garbage and the shtick is fucking dumb.

If I had never seen a vagina I'd priobably think the same thing...

Buahahahahahaha

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 02:51 AM
Glide, a living language collides
Chrysanthemum like mandala
Gave birth two eyes

Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around
An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced
Now I must take their medicine

Dna
Trapped in ice
Absorbed into a fossil site
My cheek cells traced
To an ancient human figure hobbit-sized

The indivisible goose egg
An irreplaceable loose peg
It never satisfies, incomplete
The future won't arrive
Nothing to seek
Don't you worry now

The aching void in me
Sings softly
I fear no one
A cold hand at my door
The sinking floor
I am a soul on the run

Out of the ground
Where I hide my tangled hair
To the North Star
And the alchemy is met
Dear world
I can't offer a reservation
There's no one here but love

Laugh and spit
Into the air
Laugh and spit
There could be
There should be
There will be holy fallout

No conflict
No mind tricks
Comfort me
Remind me

Seriously Jerry Garcia called and said... LAY OFF THE F'N MUSHROOMS DUDE!

Total garbage...

treghet
04-02-2014, 03:00 AM

Buahahahahahaha

Please tell us what they're like, jhpussyslayer. :snivel:

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 03:15 AM
Please tell us what they're like, jhpussyslayer. :snivel:

Obviously some people on here have never seen one... Who lives in America and uses the word Rubbish? Give me a H...

hahahahaha

kalfitegrdan
04-02-2014, 03:20 AM
So lyrics with actual thought put into them are bad, but lyrics about gloryholes and bukkake are great? I like Steel Panther, but seriously, c'mon.

kalfitegrdan
04-02-2014, 03:21 AM
Obviously some people on here have never seen one... Who lives in America and uses the word Rubbish? Give me a H...

hahahahaha

:wallbang:

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 06:55 AM
So lyrics with actual thought put into them are bad, but lyrics about gloryholes and bukkake are great? I like Steel Panther, but seriously, c'mon.

Seriously? One is comedic and one is meant to be some kind of spiritual hippie poetry that is 20 times more hilarious... because it's not meant to be funny!

It sound like a babbling teenage girl on shrooms for the 1st time...

C'mon MAN!

kalfitegrdan
04-02-2014, 07:07 AM
Seriously? One is comedic and one is meant to be some kind of spiritual hippie poetry that is 20 times more hilarious... because it's not meant to be funny!

It sound like a babbling teenage girl on shrooms for the 1st time...

C'mon MAN!

Well, I mean, the song is supposedly about DMT, so that sounds about right.

slapguitarer
04-02-2014, 07:36 AM

Buahahahahahaha

Wow a virgin joke, sure got me there with that 7th grade retort

Buahahahahahahahaha

hahahahaha

Wow, you're right. My geographical location doesn't allow me to use certain words that belong to the language I speak. But I wouldn't know that because my virginity controls my vocabulary. Thanks for clearing that.

Buahahahahaha

Onioner
04-02-2014, 07:39 AM
I think everyone needs to chill their pants and put on Screaming for Vengeance or something.

El Gordo
04-02-2014, 08:11 AM
I think everyone needs to chill their pants and put on Screaming for Vengeance or something.

This guy knows what's up.

IrritatedTrout
04-02-2014, 08:42 AM
I still have a hard time believing it's not an excellent troll account by manks.

I know there are a lot of stupid people out there but c'mon... :eek:

adamclark52
04-02-2014, 08:45 AM
New Beck is pretty good. Just don't listen if you suffer from narcolepsy.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-02-2014, 08:58 AM
New Steel Panther is pretty sweet, love that Gloryhole riff! :rocker:

xa123
04-02-2014, 09:02 AM
New Taurus album streaming on their bandcamp (http://taurusisdust.bandcamp.com/). Haven't stopped listening to it since yesterday! Sick stuff! :rocker:

John The Drummer
04-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Brujeria as well. I bought a guitar off of Shane and he said he recorded the new album with that guitar. It's signed from 2009.

I rmember back when they released a couple new songs... ON MYSPACE.... got so excited... still nothing :(

moobys37
04-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Thought it'd just be a gimmick but the Sockweb record (grind with the 7 year old that had the song about pancakes last year) is fanfuckingtastic.

mastodon421
04-02-2014, 10:48 AM

This is fucking gold.

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 01:24 PM
I still have a hard time believing it's not an excellent troll account by manks.

I know there are a lot of stupid people out there but c'mon... :eek:

I know some people on here have never seen a vagina and causes them to say retatrded shit too. I love Cynic and always liked their intelligent lyrics but they went over the top to me. Have you even heard the cd or read the lyrics?

Actually shouldn't you be watching American Idol on DVR Dude?

Buahahahaha

jhdeity
04-02-2014, 01:26 PM
There is a fine line between intelligent, well thought out lyrics and stupid shit. They crossed ther line to me.

If I want to hear a song about Trees, I'll listen to Rush. hahaha