PDA

View Full Version : Former Manson guitarist diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer

Steev
11-15-2013, 06:40 AM
Scott Mitchell Putesky grew from '90s green-haired goth rocker to clean-shaven musician, but he recently let his mustache grow. It's a symbol of his fight against stage-four colon cancer.

It represents my personal crusade," he says, two months into his six-month chemo treatment. "Cancer: Take my hair. Take my mustache. I challenge you. I still have my hair and mustache. So Im winning.

On Aug. 14, after nearly six years of mysterious abdomen pains -- some so piercing he ended up in the emergency room -- a colonoscopy revealed the 45-year-old had cancer. They prescribed him six months of chemotherapy.

Putesky was the founding guitarist of the Fort Lauderdale-born, industrial-metal group Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids, formed in 1990. He and vocalist Brian Warner, a.k.a. Marilyn Manson, were drivers of the goth scene in South Florida.

AnthG
11-15-2013, 06:49 AM
Daisy Berkowitz was his stage name for those wondering. I think he played on Antichrist Superstar and Portrait of an American family.

And that sucks. A lot.

ravenheart
11-15-2013, 06:50 AM
after nearly six years of mysterious abdomen pains

Erm...

hellawaits77ny
11-15-2013, 07:05 AM
That sucks, hopefully he can keep it where it's at.

adamclark52
11-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Erm...

Yeah, I'd usually go to the doctor after six days. But I wish him a speedy recovery.

He did play with Manson up until 1996, he even penned a couple songs on Antichrist Superstar (Irresponsible Hate Anthem, Tourniquet, Wormboy and Man That You Fear) but didn't perform on the album. Then they had a very bad break-up, lawsuits over songwriting credits from Antichrist Superstar and he faded into obscurity. He's actually a very good guitar player.

W0unds
11-15-2013, 07:40 AM
Daisy Berkowitz was his stage name for those wondering. I think he played on Antichrist Superstar and Portrait of an American family.

And that sucks. A lot.

He left the band halfway through the recording of Antichrist Superstar, he has a few writing credits on the album however. I believe Twiggy wrote and recorded lead guitar for the remaining content.

This is a very bad diagnosis though - according to Cancer.org stage 4 colon cancer only has a 6% 5 year survival rate.

Hopefully the chemo is successful and he has a speedy recovery.

Steev
11-15-2013, 08:38 AM
He left the band halfway through the recording of Antichrist Superstar, he has a few writing credits on the album however. I believe Twiggy wrote and recorded lead guitar for the remaining content.

This is a very bad diagnosis though - according to Cancer.org stage 4 colon cancer only has a 6% 5 year survival rate.

Hopefully the chemo is successful and he has a speedy recovery.

Yeah he was out and replaced by Zim Zum for touring purposes(who in turn left after that tour was over)

anomynous
11-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Hope he pulls out of it

justinm4bama
11-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Hope he recovers. My step dad just passed away from it this year. Fuck cancer.

John The Drummer
11-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Damn that is terrible. Wishing him the best! Never was too into Manson, but Antichrist was a great album.

fumigate
11-16-2013, 06:47 PM
yeah this type of cancer is never good. i was a huge Manson fan in the 90's. Lunchbox and Get Your Gun were great tracks of that first album. Sweet Dreams went downhill, but Antichrist was awesome. hope he beats it.