PDA

View Full Version : Iced Earth / Sabaton Tour?

wsuttle
11-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Iced Earth with Sabaton and ReVamp
Pittsburgh, PA
Stage AE
April 9

Source: https://twitter.com/Stage_AE

sfhui
11-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Nice, would love to see them both!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&user_input=iced+earth&q=iced+earth
more dates listed on TM as well

Bengals279
11-12-2013, 11:01 AM
8th post down. lmao http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23944&page=5

MPF
11-12-2013, 11:35 AM
If this doesn't come to Minnesota, my girlfriend and I are going to Chicago (or Milwaukee if that's the closest) I don't give a fuck!

MPF
11-12-2013, 12:18 PM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q71/s720x720/1452184_598159760245654_1303477280_n.jpg

North America - the wait is over!!

We are bringing our new album to the North America homeland when the WORLDWIDE PLAGUES TOUR hits North American shores April 4 for a six-week run with SABATON and REVAMP in support.

"We feel that the package with SABATON and REVAMP is very strong and we are very excited to tour the U.S. and Canada again and kick some major ass!”, says Jon Schaffer.

Exclusive pre-sale tickets and VIP packages for the entire ICED EARTH North American tour will be available later today at www.enterthevault.com. Pre-sale tickets will remain on sale until December 4, when remaining tickets are made available to the general public through the traditional retail outlets (check your local venue for details). VIP packages will remain on sale exclusively at www.enterthevault.com while supplies last.

The VIP-packages include:

• Early entry into the venue
• Meet & Greet / Signing Session with the band
• Photo-op with the band
• 7” picture disk vinyl single with one exclusive, unreleased demo from “Plagues of Babylon” on the B-side
• Iced Earth messenger bag
• Exclusive VIP-T-Shirt
• Exclusive VIP-laminate
• Exclusive VIP sticker set

MN Prices:
$20- General Admission
$99- VIP Only (Separate ticket needed)
$120- VIP Plus Ticket

Nater
11-12-2013, 12:32 PM
I might make the haul to Houston for this. It could be fun but I gotta make sure its not to close to Wrestlemania.

sfhui
11-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Nearest show is in LA, but it's on a friday, might drive up to catch this.
When Sabaton opened for Maiden in San Bernadino, they were insanely awesome

Breaking The Law
11-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Missed Sabaton the last time they were around, don't want to make the same mistake. Looks like a great bill.

Travis The Dragon
11-12-2013, 01:53 PM
I'd SO MUCH love to go to this, but since my sister and her BF moved out, it's hard for my dad and I to make to shows because my mom has a hard time watching my brother alone. Oh well. The latter is more important and we've been super lucky to have seen a lot of amazing concerts.

PVH5150
11-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Pro: Awesome, a great show on a Saturday.

Con: Aw shit, it's at the Palladium and will sound godawful.

Coma323
11-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Con: Aw shit, it's at the Palladium and will sound godawful.

Could also be part of the Metal/Hardcore festival?

PVH5150
11-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Could also be part of the Metal/Hardcore festival?

OH GODDAMNIT. I didn't even think of that. That almost guarantees a shorter set.

ravenheart
11-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Iced Earth never have good support :(

Bergman101
11-12-2013, 03:51 PM
ICED EARTH IS PLAYING METAL FEST :party::party::party::rocker::rocker::rocker:

mattlion
11-12-2013, 05:05 PM
OH GODDAMNIT. I didn't even think of that. That almost guarantees a shorter set.

Yep.

NEMHF is 4/17-4/18-4/19 (Thurs-Sat). IE looks like one of the Saturday headliners potentially.

They've played NEHMF before, but yes only 1-2 bands each day play a "full" set. Odds are Sabaton will get 30-40 minutes and IE could get 60-75 minutes unless they are the last band of the night.

Revamp will likely be stuck with 25 minutes earlier in the evening, pending what else is that day.

Spiner202
11-12-2013, 07:44 PM
I guess this is a good time to get into Iced Earth. As long as work doesn't interfere, I'll be going to this to see Sabaton again!

justinm4bama
11-12-2013, 09:47 PM
I love Iced Earth and Sabaton but how's Revamp?

maidenpriest
11-13-2013, 02:34 AM
I love Iced Earth and Sabaton but how's Revamp?

depends on if you like female fronted symphonic bands. They're Floor Jansen's (ex After Forever, current Nightwish singer) band, I'm honestly surprised but quite stoked they're coming here.

justinm4bama
11-13-2013, 09:12 AM
depends on if you like female fronted symphonic bands. They're Floor Jansen's (ex After Forever, current Nightwish singer) band, I'm honestly surprised but quite stoked they're coming here.

Oh awesome! And I see the drummer is also the drummer of Dark Fortress so with those two I'm looking forward to seeing this band.

PowerMaiden
11-13-2013, 01:23 PM
I saw Iced Earth once, in April of 2004 supporting their last album that has something good on it (Glorious Burden). Damn I used to like this band ... but their last 3 albums since then are soooooo fucking boring imho.

Anyway the best thing about that show is that it made me discover Children Of Bodom who easily stole the show even with a 35 minutes set. Half of the crowd was there for them.

Anyway that was my rant on this once great band, too bad, it's also really hard to follow a band who changes line-up so often. The new singer sound great though :)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Sanitarium78
11-13-2013, 01:55 PM
I saw Iced Earth once, in April of 2004 supporting their last album that has something good on it (Glorious Burden). Damn I used to like this band ... but their last 3 albums since then are soooooo fucking boring imho.

Anyway the best thing about that show is that it made me discover Children Of Bodom who easily stole the show even with a 35 minutes set. Half of the crowd was there for them.

Anyway that was my rant on this once great band, too bad, it's also really hard to follow a band who changes line-up so often. The new singer sound great though :)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Wait, you didn't like Dystopia?

PowerMaiden
11-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Wait, you didn't like Dystopia?

Nope, the 3 albums, from what I remember, give me the feeling of a band that's trying too much, if that make any sense. They wanna be over dramatic on every damn song. I don't like it. They were better when they played thrashier and 'dirtier' .. in my taste anyway

Cheers !
powerMaiden

MPF
11-13-2013, 03:30 PM
I can see people not liking Something Wicked Part 2, it's my least favorite besides Iced earth and Enter The Realm. But Something Wicked Part 1 and Dystopia are great albums. Part 1 is their proggiest album while Dystopia shines with Stu Block.

I can't fucking wait for April!

justinm4bama
11-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Plagues of Babylon is set to be released on January 6th! Great way to start off the year :D

maidenpriest
11-15-2013, 02:11 AM
I can see people not liking Something Wicked Part 2, it's my least favorite besides Iced earth and Enter The Realm. But Something Wicked Part 1 and Dystopia are great albums. Part 1 is their proggiest album while Dystopia shines with Stu Block.

I can't fucking wait for April!

I feel like part 1 is really overlooked, for me it is definitely a top 5 IE album. I would love to hear something besides Ten Thousand Strong off of it.

darkguardian50
11-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Nope, the 3 albums, from what I remember, give me the feeling of a band that's trying too much, if that make any sense. They wanna be over dramatic on every damn song. I don't like it. They were better when they played thrashier and 'dirtier' .. in my taste anyway

Cheers !
powerMaiden

There's a decently good number of songs on Dystopia. But it still felt fundamentally different from their albums pre Glorious Burden.

Though I must say Plagues of Babylon is a freaking awesome song, their best single in years. It reminds me a lot of something off of Horror Show for some reason.

Honestly Schaffer got insanely lucky with Stu, he can sing his face off and more importantly he can sound enough like Matt to be able to pull off anything from the pre Glorious Burden catalogue. And in some cases (primarily the Stormrider stuff/Burnt Offerings stuff) he actually seems better suited to it than Matt. I've seen three different IE singers do Angel's Holocaust live and I'd have to say Stu was the best at it in all fairness.

I feel like part 1 is really overlooked, for me it is definitely a top 5 IE album. I would love to hear something besides Ten Thousand Strong off of it.

Aside from 2 songs I feel that Something Wicked Part 1 was their weakest album. Not really Ripper's fault, but musically it was pretty bad. I actually think Part 2 was a lot better overall but the standout tracks on Part 1 were really really good.

Then again I always felt Dark Saga was a lot weaker of an album than everyone said it was. Take away Question of Heaven and its pretty mediocre. My top 5 has always been.

Night of the Stormrider
Burnt Offerings
Horror Show
Glorious Burden
Something Wicked This Way Comes