PDA

View Full Version : High on Fire -- Atlanta, GA -- November 10th, 2013

InFlamesOfBirchmen
11-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Hey guys, this is gonna be a work in progress, but I wanted to go ahead and give you the HoF setlist. I'll post a review/sets from the opening bands when I get time tomorrow.

There were some tracks they cut, including Bagdad, which was supposed to be played before Snakes. Not sure why they got cut, but I still thought it was a pretty solid set.

EDIT: Looks like I was accidentally a douche here. The pic of the setlist just came back....Warhorn wasn't on the set, and the only track they cut was Bagdad. Sorry guys, honest mistake.

Razorhoof
Fury Whip
Cometh Down Hessian
Madness of an Architect
Eyes and Teeth
Slave the Hive (first time performed live)
Serums of Liao
Fertile Green
Fireface
Turk
Rumors of War
Snakes for the Divine

bigguytoo9
11-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Cometh Down Hessian!!!

Onioner
11-10-2013, 09:31 PM
That set is fucking beautiful. Now I'm really upset that I'll probably have to miss this tour.

JRA
11-10-2013, 09:39 PM
The old stuff is nice and there are some cool rarities but dammit its the same new stuff as last time. Where's King of Days? Where's Romulus and Remus? WHERE THE FUCK IS WARHORN!?

InFlamesOfBirchmen
11-10-2013, 09:53 PM
The old stuff is nice and there are some cool rarities but dammit its the same new stuff as last time. Where's King of Days? Where's Romulus and Remus? WHERE THE FUCK IS WARHORN!?

Personally I was surprised to see Devilution out of the set. Don't quote me on this yet, but I think Warhorn was one of the 3-4 tracks cut.

anomynous
11-10-2013, 10:16 PM
I haven't seen HoF yet, so I'll be happy with anything. But Warhorn possibly being in the set?

FUCK YEAH BITCH

TonyD
11-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Holy fucking shit this is gonna be amazing

Onioner
11-11-2013, 01:21 AM
Personally I was surprised to see Devilution out of the set. Don't quote me on this yet, but I think Warhorn was one of the 3-4 tracks cut.

3-4 tracks cut?! A 90 minute HoF set?! Jesus fucking Pike.

I hate everyone who sees this tour so goddamn much. And yes, King of Days needs to be in every one of this band's sets forever. I feel like Jeff's live tone is too inconsistent in the mix to pull the song off every night though. If memory serves me right, he was playing through Kurt Ballou's gear on De Vermis. If he could work with Pike to nail a killer live tone and they get a sound guy that knows the song inside and out, they could totally do it.

Zla Vydra
11-11-2013, 05:51 AM
The show ended around 11:00 due to a curfew at the venue. I think the same thing happened to Vader a few weeks ago on a Sunday night.

This was the first time I'd seen High On Fire since the Blessed Black Wings tour, and they certainly delivered. I really, really wanted to hate Kvelertak (Norwegian for "hipster"?), but I didn't. They ended up being ok, but it seemed like they played 20 songs. Missed Doomriders trying to find a freaking place to park.

mankvill
11-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Cometh Down Fucking Hessian :party:

VoidFlame
11-11-2013, 07:44 AM

Yes! Next sunday! :rocker:

InFlamesOfBirchmen
11-11-2013, 07:51 AM
The show ended around 11:00 due to a curfew at the venue. I think the same thing happened to Vader a few weeks ago on a Sunday night.

This was the first time I'd seen High On Fire since the Blessed Black Wings tour, and they certainly delivered. I really, really wanted to hate Kvelertak (Norwegian for "hipster"?), but I didn't. They ended up being ok, but it seemed like they played 20 songs. Missed Doomriders trying to find a freaking place to park.

Good lord parking was awful....I ended up having to park like a quarter mile away from the venue.

Kvelertak absolutely blew me away. Most intense show this side of Dillinger Escape Plan. Doomriders were good, but not great, which was kind of disappointing.

anomynous
11-11-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm still confused at how Kvelertak got labeled as hipster? The John Baizley artwork?

mankvill
11-11-2013, 08:16 AM
I'm still confused at how Kvelertak got labeled as hipster? The John Baizley artwork?

Yup. And anyone who doesn't do black metal "right" get labeled hipster instantly. It doesn't matter - Kvelertak kicks ass and has risen above all the bullshit.

slapguitarer
11-11-2013, 08:18 AM
I have a final at 7:15am the morning after my date so I can't go :bouville:

petrovar
11-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Razorhoof :drool:

Coma323
11-11-2013, 09:32 AM
So pumped for this Friday. How is the new Doomriders album?

Northern_Shaman
11-11-2013, 10:19 AM
That is a great setlist. I bought tickets for this one the day they went on sale because fuck missing High on Fire/Kvelertak, but some of these rarer looking cuts (I haven't seen some of these songs after 4 HOF shows anyway) make it that much sweeter.

Looking forward to it!

InFlamesOfBirchmen
11-11-2013, 11:42 AM
So pumped for this Friday. How is the new Doomriders album?

I was let down. It feels schizophrenic and never reaches its potential. They do some Baroness-lite stuff that just doesn't make sense.

Onioner
11-11-2013, 06:19 PM
I have a final at 7:15am the morning after my date so I can't go :bouville:

6 PM finance for engineers final the day after for me. FUCK COLLEGE.

HugeRockStar
11-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Doomriders setlist?

Happy Bunny
11-12-2013, 12:06 PM
I missed that last NY shows (Spitting Fire) and have other plans on Friday.....what that means is........I'm going to Philly tomorrow night instead! Dammit, I'm not missing them again!!

How was the crowd?
HoF usually do posters....any good merch?

Anybody been to Underground Arts in Philly? New venue...

Onioner
11-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Pike works in mysterious ways. My final got bumped up a full week, so looks like I'm going to the LA show!

InFlamesOfBirchmen
11-12-2013, 02:56 PM
I missed that last NY shows (Spitting Fire) and have other plans on Friday.....what that means is........I'm going to Philly tomorrow night instead! Dammit, I'm not missing them again!!

How was the crowd?
HoF usually do posters....any good merch?

The crowd was great. The venue was really small, but seemed perfect for High on Fire. I was about two feet from Matt Pike.

Bring cash, because the merch selection was top-notch. Vinyls for Blessed Black Wings, Surrounded by Thieves, De Vermis and Spitting Fire Vol. 2 (yet not 1, no idea why). I looked but couldn't find a Slave the Hive single, but they should be available now. I picked up the Black Sabbath-esque logo shirt, but they had some Spitting Fire shirts, a new tour shirt, a Slave the Hive shirt, and Richard Pryor tees/hoodies. Still not sure what the deal is with the Richard Pryor connection, but whatever.

TonyD
11-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Pike works in mysterious ways. My final got bumped up a full week, so looks like I'm going to the LA show!

woohoo I'll have to pull a Ferris Bueller on Sebastian's teacher to move his final

Onioner
11-12-2013, 03:19 PM
The crowd was great. The venue was really small, but seemed perfect for High on Fire. I was about two feet from Matt Pike.

Bring cash, because the merch selection was top-notch. Vinyls for Blessed Black Wings, Surrounded by Thieves, De Vermis and Spitting Fire Vol. 2 (yet not 1, no idea why). I looked but couldn't find a Slave the Hive single, but they should be available now. I picked up the Black Sabbath-esque logo shirt, but they had some Spitting Fire shirts, a new tour shirt, a Slave the Hive shirt, and Richard Pryor tees/hoodies. Still not sure what the deal is with the Richard Pryor connection, but whatever.

HoF merch is always great, definitely picking up a shirt. The Richard Pryor thing is because dude lit himself on fire while attempting to freebase cocaine. He was literally high and on fire.

Sepultura69
11-12-2013, 03:28 PM
The Richard Pryor thing is because dude lit himself on fire while attempting to freebase cocaine. He was literally high and on fire.

wow :lol:

mastodon421
11-12-2013, 03:57 PM
How much was merch? I'm kind of strapped for cash atm, but I really want an HoF shirt.

anomynous
11-12-2013, 04:00 PM
The tour shirt and Slave the Hive shirt arent the same thing? Interesting

How was Kvelertak merch?

slapguitarer
11-12-2013, 04:03 PM
woohoo I'll have to pull a Ferris Bueller on Sebastian's teacher to move his final

plz do

How much was merch? I'm kind of strapped for cash atm, but I really want an HoF shirt.

Last time I saw 'em I got the Master of Reality shirt for $15

mastodon421
11-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Last time I saw 'em I got the Master of Reality shirt for $15

I hope merch is that cheap on this tour. I'm probably just gonna say fuck it and buy something anyways even if it's $20 for a shirt.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
11-12-2013, 04:22 PM
I hope merch is that cheap on this tour. I'm probably just gonna say fuck it and buy something anyways even if it's $20 for a shirt.

$20 for tees
$25 for vinyl
$25 for baseball tees
$40 for hoodies
$5 for patches
$15 for CDs

Didn't check out the Kvelertak merch prices, but they had some cool designs. Doomriders stuff was mostly Grand Blood cover oriented. Didn't do anything for me personally, but I picked up a Darkness Comes Alive vinyl for $15.

Natrlhi
11-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Cometh Down Hessian!!!

Yes! Next sunday! :rocker:Not that "Hessian" isn't awesome, because it is, but what's all the fuss about? They play it all the time... :confused:

Coma323
11-12-2013, 06:15 PM
I've been to one show there and I loved it but the show was seated so completely different environment compared to HoF. It's pretty much a basement venue with a bar and low stage.

Onioner
11-12-2013, 06:30 PM
$25 for baseball tees

Baseball tees?! Well fuck. Looks like that's $25 I'll be stashing away until then.

anomynous
11-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Baseball tees?! Well fuck. Looks like that's $25 I'll be stashing away until then.

I'll get the tour shirt, see what shit Kvelertak has, then maybe the baseball tee. Since HoF's merch selection online is awful.

Onioner
11-14-2013, 03:06 AM
Not that "Hessian" isn't awesome, because it is, but what's all the fuss about? They play it all the time... :confused:

I'm actually pretty sure it hasn't been busted out since the Dethklok tour in 09? Definitely been somewhere around three years since Hessian's been in the set.