11-04-2013, 05:21 AM
Don't they both play yearly anyway.

Steev
11-04-2013, 05:41 AM
Don't they both play yearly anyway.

Zombie only has once, he didn't play the UK for over a decade at one point

Dextrimental
11-04-2013, 07:52 AM
Metallica will be one of the other two headliners, and the third will probably be KISS.

mankvill
11-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Metallica will be one of the other two headliners, and the third will probably be KISS.

so it's basically Download Festival

Disturbed95
11-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Linkin park confirmed as headliner for day 2. Performing "hybrid theory" in its entirety

PVH5150
11-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Yawn.

Steev
11-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Linkin park confirmed as headliner for day 2. Performing "hybrid theory" in its entirety

That Id actually see

mankvill
11-04-2013, 05:04 PM

Would buy tickets to see this in the US in about 3.5 seconds.

300%_Density
11-04-2013, 05:23 PM

Or see them headline and they'll play almost all of them anyway. Looking at setlist even the least played song off that album was just last played in February of last year. It's a cool selling point but they play pretty much all those songs on regular tours.

mankvill
11-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Or see them headline and they'll play almost all of them anyway. Looking at setlist even the least played song off that album was just last played in February of last year. It's a cool selling point but they play pretty much all those songs on regular tours.

I like maybe 1 song after Meteora so I don't think I'd see them otherwise

300%_Density
11-04-2013, 06:45 PM
I like maybe 1 song after Meteora so I don't think I'd see them otherwise

Touché on that. Feel same way. If I saw them do maybe 60-65 mins that would be an ideal length for me to see LP.

DementedX14
11-04-2013, 08:09 PM

I would buy tickets in about 1 sec if they play Reanimation with all the featured guests. :drool:

Dextrimental
11-05-2013, 05:26 AM
So, I was wrong. Hybrid theory is cool and all, but its a half hour long record. LP can still play a whole slew of newer stuff. If they were to play Hybrid Theory first, then I'd go so I could leave before the rest of the songs.

Still reckon Metallica will be the third.

Disturbed95
11-05-2013, 07:02 AM
Fall out boy also on day 2

ravenheart
11-05-2013, 07:11 AM
I've been laughing about this since yesterday. Download kiddies get Zombie supporting A7X, I get Zombie supporting Alice Cooper :D

Steev
11-05-2013, 07:18 AM
I've been laughing about this since yesterday. Download kiddies get Zombie supporting A7X, I get Zombie supporting Alice Cooper :D

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Zombie/A7X tour in the US too, Zombie pretty much does just coheadliners now

ravenheart
11-05-2013, 07:21 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Zombie/A7X tour in the US too, Zombie pretty much does just coheadliners now

I've noticed that. Glad he doesn't feel the need to always do that here.

Steev
11-05-2013, 08:27 AM
I've noticed that. Glad he doesn't feel the need to always do that here.

I don't mind it, for what tickets costs at these venues it makes it a little more worthwhile

Bergman101
11-05-2013, 02:19 PM

HOLY FUCK! I'd mosh.

NickLed19
11-05-2013, 02:43 PM

Rock on the Range?

Steev
11-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Rock on the Range?

Linkin Park maybe, the other two headlined in the past 3 years

NickLed19
11-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Linkin Park maybe, the other two headlined in the past 3 years

I would bet money that A7X will be back, Zombie I doubt.

Steev
11-05-2013, 03:34 PM
I would bet money that A7X will be back, Zombie I doubt.

A7X maybe, but it'd be the first time a headliner repeated

NickLed19
11-06-2013, 01:49 AM
Aerosmith and Alter Bridge on Sunday.

ravenheart
11-06-2013, 02:30 AM
Much more like it.

If Aerosmith are planning to be in Europe in the Summer, that means there's a good chance they'll play Sweden Rock again.

Still winning :D

Steev
11-06-2013, 05:33 AM
Alter Bridge must be alot bigger in the UK

ravenheart
11-06-2013, 05:49 AM
Alter Bridge must be alot bigger in the UK

Headline 12,000-capacity arenas (albeit don't quite sell them out). As evidenced by the setlist I posted a few weeks ago. There were probably 10,000 people there for them, plus Shinedown and Halestorm.

You don't really have to be massive to be number two on a festival bill though. Hence Zombie, who can only sell out 5,000-capacity theatres. And Fall Out Boy, who just this week played a sold out show at an 800-capacity club. The same one I saw Queensryche and Annihilator at last month.

mankvill
11-06-2013, 06:13 AM
Dying Fetus just confirmed on Facebook

Would personally love to see them take the stage right before Aerosmith

Steev
11-06-2013, 06:28 AM
Dying Fetus just confirmed on Facebook

Would personally love to see them take the stage right before Aerosmith

I just love that they were booked because of Internet trolling

Steev
11-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Headline 12,000-capacity arenas (albeit don't quite sell them out). As evidenced by the setlist I posted a few weeks ago. There were probably 10,000 people there for them, plus Shinedown and Halestorm.

You don't really have to be massive to be number two on a festival bill though. Hence Zombie, who can only sell out 5,000-capacity theatres. And Fall Out Boy, who just this week played a sold out show at an 800-capacity club. The same one I saw Queensryche and Annihilator at last month.

Which is funny, in the US Zombie does festivals with more than 3 times that, and FOB sells out arenas holding atleast 10,000 if not more. Alter Bridge does clubs while Shinedown headlines arenas and atleast now massive festivals.

Queensryche nowadays would maybe get a couple hundred people(if that) and Annihilator hasn't played here in years.

dcmetal108
11-06-2013, 10:20 AM
So I guess people got so butthurt about A7X headlining they started the hastag #whynotdyingfetus and it got so popular that download has announced they have now booked Dying Fetus to play Download.

Dextrimental
11-06-2013, 10:30 AM
So I guess people got so butthurt about A7X headlining they started the hastag #whynotdyingfetus and it got so popular that download has announced they have now booked Dying Fetus to play Download.

Yup. It will not help draw in the elitists, but Dying Fetus are getting a boatload of exposure, and even the fee for playing is probably more than they'd see at the end of any tour full stop, so right on for them!

Steev
11-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Yup. It will not help draw in the elitists, but Dying Fetus are getting a boatload of exposure, and even the fee for playing is probably more than they'd see at the end of any tour full stop, so right on for them!

Yeah if anything good for them, still funny that it worked

Nater
11-06-2013, 12:53 PM
LOL at Dying Fetus playing. It's the most out of left field thing to happen but if they are on the same day as Aerosmith it will be even better.

slapguitarer
11-06-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm confused. I know it's obviously the not the most metal festival out there, but I thought Download at least had the reputation of having some extreme acts every now and again. Most dumb Americans who think of european metal fests usually point to Wacken and Download.

Steev
11-06-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm confused. I know it's obviously the not the most metal festival out there, but I thought Download at least had the reputation of having some extreme acts every now and again. Most dumb Americans who think of european metal fests usually point to Wacken and Download.

They advertise more, fests like Downlad and Sonisphere always end up online or having sections aired on Palladia and VH1 Classic

and everyone knows Wacken because its been around over 20 years and sells out in like 4 seconds flat

Dextrimental
11-06-2013, 01:43 PM

Wacken yes, Download no. Download is basically any act getting big mainstream exposure (usually the first festival to give bands like BMFV, Trivium and A7X headline slots), then fluffed out with smaller bands, but rarely anything extreme. Bloodstock is the extreme metal festival in the UK. Sonisphere was a little better for the extreme stuff.

ravenheart
11-06-2013, 03:11 PM

Come on, don't you guys fall for this shit as well.

This is an obvious case of (well worked) social media manipulation. Bands don't get booked for festivals in two days. It takes months to reach agreements. They were already booked.

On Monday, when everyone complained about A7X, why of the many thousands of comments made, pick out the one about Dying Fetus? Because they could make a fuss about it for two days, then announce they "listened to the fans".

PVH5150
11-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Sunday, June 15th

Aerosmith
Alter Bridge

mankvill
11-06-2013, 04:50 PM
I consider Download Festival to be the Revolver Magazine of European metal fests

detuned
11-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Come on, don't you guys fall for this shit as well.

This is an obvious case of (well worked) social media manipulation. Bands don't get booked for festivals in two days. It takes months to reach agreements. They were already booked.

On Monday, when everyone complained about A7X, why of the many thousands of comments made, pick out the one about Dying Fetus? Because they could make a fuss about it for two days, then announce they "listened to the fans".

headliners dont get booked in two days. a relatively small death metal band like dying fetus though? hardly impossible.

as to why pick out one comment, it was metal hammer who did the picking and got the ball rolling:

“Why Not Dying Fetus?!” Ten Hilarious Responses To Avenged Sevenfold Playing Download (http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/why-not-dying-fetus-ten-hilarious-responses-to-avenged-sevenfold-playing-download/)

Blogs Of War: Why Dying Fetus Playing Download Is More Than A Goofy Hashtag (http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/blogs-of-war-why-dying-fetus-playing-download-is-more-than-a-goofy-hashtag/)

Metal Hammer is proud to take partial credit for the whole thing, obviously, and yes, the initial motivation behind cracking the gag was to highlight some of the preposterous things internet warriors come out with – every single fucking year – when the Download Festival starts to reveal details of its next line-up. On this occasion, one particular individual reacted to the news that Avenged Sevenfold are to headline Download’s opening night next summer by bemoaning the lack of balls-out metal acts on the bill and suggesting that, among other names, Maryland death metal crew Dying Fetus might be a band worth considering for a headline slot.

http://media.metalhammer.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/troll-1.jpg

In truth, it is rather too easy for those of us who have any kind of insight into how festivals choose their headline acts to mercilessly rip the piss out of those whose perspective on such matters is alarmingly askew. But thanks to the admirable common sense and decency of Andy Copping, Dying Fetus have actually been booked for next year’s Download Festival. Regardless of how irritating and short-sighted the online troll brigade can be, it’s hard not to jump to our feet and cheer: this, ladies and gentlemen, is metal-friendly people power in full effect, not to mention timely confirmation that Coppo is paying attention to EVERYONE who loves his festival and not just the dominant hordes of mainstream rock and metal fans.

im about as cynical as they come, and this is not to say download isnt capitalizing on this for a little attention and cool points, but to think this was some calculated stunt from the get go is a bit of a stretch.

ravenheart
11-07-2013, 02:39 AM
headliners dont get booked in two days. a relatively small death metal band like dying fetus though? hardly impossible.

No, no one gets booked in two days this far ahead of the festival. ESPECIALLY someone who's got to come over from the US. There is absolutely no way the financial side of flying in an American band can be agreed in two days. They might be able to do it with a local band who don't need flights, don't need a European tour to fit the date into, don't need accomodation, or backline rental, or any of the other elements that go into booking an overseas band for a festival, but not someone from that far away.

It's not just a case of "hey, you fancy playing our festival next year?" "Yeah, sure" when it comes to overseas bands.

Also, Metal Hammer are heavily involved with Download. They'll take the credit, of course, but they are in on every announcement that comes from Download. And if Download had started it off themselves the gag would have been more obvious.

Seriously, this was a stunt. I'm not saying they planned it well in advance of this week, I think the idea only occurred to them on Monday and it was a fantastic bit of reactionary media manipulation, but it was done purely to make it look like they're listening to fans. And everyone's falling for it too.

detuned
11-07-2013, 03:34 AM
so youre saying its impossible to book a band in two days, but then you dont think it occurred to them until monday? ok then

also, i didnt know it was a law that the financial and travel side of things had to be set in stone before a festival organizer could simply tenatively say to a band "hey wanna play?". THE MORE YOU KNOW!

ravenheart
11-07-2013, 06:51 AM
so youre saying its impossible to book a band in two days, but then you dont think it occurred to them until monday? ok then

also, i didnt know it was a law that the financial and travel side of things had to be set in stone before a festival organizer could simply tenatively say to a band "hey wanna play?". THE MORE YOU KNOW!

No. I'm saying the idea to whip up the storm didn't occur to them until Monday, not the idea to book the band. Bands are often booked for festivals weeks or months in advance of actually being announced. I'd wager Download have over half next year's line-up already booked.

Of course the financials don't have to be set in stone before they even ask the band. They ask the band first, then do the rest - although they usually have an idea of what financial package they're prepared to offer worked up before hand when they ask the band. That stuff certainly does need to be done before they can confirm the band is playing, otherwise confirming it is lying and the organisers end up looking like chumps having to announce bands have cancelled because they announced them before confirming all the details (see Rock Harvest in MD).

detuned
11-07-2013, 07:36 AM
haha

mankvill
11-07-2013, 08:08 AM
They're gonna be relegated to one of the smaller stages, so who cares

edit: also I thought the Download crowd would eat up Avenged Sevenfold

ravenheart
11-07-2013, 11:25 AM
edit: also I thought the Download crowd would eat up Avenged Sevenfold

They will. For every person upset with them, there're ten 14-year-olds who can't wait.

It's Linkin Park that will end up under-attended.

Dextrimental
11-07-2013, 03:53 PM
They will. For every person upset with them, there're ten 14-year-olds who can't wait.

It's Linkin Park that will end up under-attended.

I'd wager Aerosmith on that one. LP are touring what is a very nostalgic, dare I say classic album for Download's target audience. Aerosmith have done the rounds a LOT in the last ten years, aren't doing a themed tour and aren't pushing a new record. Hell, if Aerosmith end up on Graspop, I probably won't see them as I've already seen them and there's little promise of anything more than a couple of different songs.

ravenheart
11-08-2013, 03:33 AM
I'd wager Aerosmith on that one. LP are touring what is a very nostalgic, dare I say classic album for Download's target audience.

Are Download's target audience even old enough to remember when Linkin Park were good?

300%_Density
11-08-2013, 06:58 AM
Aerosmith have done the rounds a LOT in the last ten years, aren't doing a themed tour and aren't pushing a new record.

Other than the new album that they just put out a year ago? Sure it pretty much sucks but they do still have a new album out. It will be will attended based on the fact its Aerosmith.

ravenheart
11-08-2013, 02:35 PM
It will be will attended based on the fact its Aerosmith.

And based on the fact that the Download crowd don't attend other festivals. In recent years Aerosmith have only been to the UK twice. Once to headline Hard Rock Calling about 7 years ago, and once to headline the O2, which was an insane ticket price. Chances are most people at Download next year will have never seen them before.

Even though I've seen them three times, I'm still hoping they play Sweden Rock again. And based on the dates Black Sabbath and Soundgarden announced today, I'm hoping for both of those as well :D

Dextrimental
11-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Aerosmith played Download in 2010. Do they have a new album!? I didn't even know, shows how much of a splash that made. Anyway, yeah, not a bad I really care for.

ravenheart
11-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Yep, 'Music From Another Dimension' came out last year. It's basically typical Aerosmith, i.e. the rock tracks are good, the ballads are boring.

ravenheart
11-25-2013, 10:27 AM
How do you make a shitpile worse? Make this your next announcement:

Steel Panther
Status Quo
In Flames
Trivium
The Black Dahlia Murder
The Offspring
White She Sleeps
Letlive
Bless The Fall
Miss May I
Crossfaith

Steev
11-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Kind of a downgrade for The Offspring, in 2008 they headlined the whole thing

mankvill
11-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Black Dahlia and Offspring...and that's it...

ravenheart
11-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Kind of a downgrade for The Offspring, in 2008 they headlined the whole thing

Well... they headlined the pop day.

And Download is a much bigger, wealthier entity now than it was then.

PVH5150
11-25-2013, 02:24 PM
How do you make a shitpile worse? Make this your next announcement:

Steel Panther
Status Quo
In Flames
Trivium
The Black Dahlia Murder
The Offspring
White She Sleeps
Letlive
Bless The Fall
Miss May I
Crossfaith

I'd gladly see Steel Panther & Offspring.

The rest I'm indifferent to or don't give two shits about.

PVH5150
01-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Anti-Mortem
Bad Religion
Black Label Society
Bowling For Soup
Bury Tomorrow
Danger Danger
Flogging Molly
Huntress
Opeth
Philip H. Anselmo & The Illegals
Powerman 5000
Skid Row
Tesla
The Bosshoss
The Graveltones

Coma323
01-14-2014, 03:16 PM
Powerman 5000
lol, they're still around?

PVH5150
01-14-2014, 03:49 PM
lol, they're still around?

My friends opened for them last year at the Middle East.

Nater
01-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Danger Danger?! Holy shit!