PDA

View Full Version : Deep Purple -- Providence, RI -- March 5th, 1985

toolfansat
11-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Last one from the wayback machine for tonight!
This remains the one and only time I have seen DP.

1. Highway Star
2. Nobody's Home
3. Strange Kind of Woman
4. A Gypsy's Kiss
5. Perfect Strangers
6. Under the Gun
7. Lazy (incl. drum solo)
8. Child in Time
9. Knocking at Your Back Door
10. Difficult to Cure (Rainbow cover)
11. Space Truckin'
----------
12. Woman from Tokyo
13. Speed King
14. Smoke on the Water

sarsip
11-04-2013, 03:59 PM
I saw this tour in Worcester that year. That was one of the loudest shows I have ever attended.

PVH5150
11-04-2013, 04:09 PM
There are two things I will always be jealous of.

People who got to see a Deep Purple show with Ritchie.

People who got to see Child In Time played, regardless of whoever was in the band, because IMO that is the greatest song ever written.

300%_Density
11-04-2013, 08:49 PM
There are two things I will always be jealous of.

People who got to see a Deep Purple show with Ritchie.

People who got to see Child In Time played, regardless of whoever was in the band, because IMO that is the greatest song ever written.

:agree:

Onioner
11-04-2013, 09:23 PM

I'm definitely not jealous of anyone who saw Child in Time with Gillan singing from 1993 onwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXfr3PrQRQM

Not pretty. Even as far back as 1984 it was pretty rough. The last album that Gillan really sang awesomely on was Born Again by Black Sabbath IMO.

MetalIsArt
11-06-2013, 11:18 AM
I'm definitely not jealous of anyone who saw Child in Time with Gillan singing from 1993 onwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXfr3PrQRQM

Not pretty. Even as far back as 1984 it was pretty rough. The last album that Gillan really sang awesomely on was Born Again by Black Sabbath IMO.

Gillan still sings good, besides he's nearing 70. :roll:

Onioner
11-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Gillan still sings good, besides he's nearing 70. :roll:

Oh yeah, he can absolutely still sing well. He cannot however, scream in any way whatsoever. I'd love to see Deep Purple again, they were great when I saw them in 07 and I'm sure they'd be great now. I just hope to god they continue to stay the fuck away from Child in Time.

MetalIsArt
11-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Oh yeah, he can absolutely still sing well. He cannot however, scream in any way whatsoever. I'd love to see Deep Purple again, they were great when I saw them in 07 and I'm sure they'd be great now. I just hope to god they continue to stay the fuck away from Child in Time.

Well, that has to be one of the most difficult songs EVER to sing. :D