PDA

View Full Version : Metallica -- Providence, RI -- February 29th, 1992

toolfansat
11-03-2013, 07:41 PM
OK I'm feeling nostalgic and looking up some setlists from long ago shows...

This was my first 'Tallica show.

1. The Ecstasy of Gold (Ennio Morricone song)
2. Enter Sandman
3. Creeping Death
4. Harvester of Sorrow
5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
6. Sad but True
7. Wherever I May Roam
8. Bass Solo
9. Through the Never
10. The Unforgiven
11. Justice Medley
12. Drum Solo
13. Guitar Solo
14. For Whom the Bell Tolls
15. Fade to Black
16. Whiplash
-----------
17. Master of Puppets (Short Version)
18. Seek & Destroy (Extended Version)
------------
19. One
20. Last Caress (Misfits cover)
21. Am I Evil? (Diamond Head cover)
22. Battery
------------
23. Stone Cold Crazy (Queen cover)

The Ghost at Number One
11-03-2013, 08:38 PM
What gets skipped in the short version of Master of Puppets?

HugeRockStar
11-03-2013, 09:07 PM
What gets skipped in the short version of Master of Puppets?

They end it right before the mellow part and cut all the solos. They played it this way through all of the 90s I believe.

DisposableJustice
11-03-2013, 10:53 PM
They end it right before the mellow part and cut all the solos. They played it this way through all of the 90s I believe.

That was the one thing I hated about Metallica in the early-mid 90's was them doing that; they cut out the best part

otherwise kick ass setlist I wish I could have seen that

HugeRockStar
11-04-2013, 01:46 PM
That was the one thing I hated about Metallica in the early-mid 90's was them doing that; they cut out the best part

That and the overly long 20 minute version of Seek and Destroy and 30 minutes of guitar and drum solos lol man they were full of themselves on that tour.

PowerMaiden
11-04-2013, 01:58 PM
man they were full of themselves on that tour.

yeah, still, that was the last tour they were worth seiing

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

The Ghost at Number One
11-04-2013, 02:20 PM
yeah, still, that was the last tour they were worth seiingFalse.

hellawaits77ny
11-04-2013, 02:27 PM

Yep. Didn't start the full version again till 2003.

Dude, those versions of Seek from that tour were LONG. James was loaded and yelled the whole time.

inb4 some smart ass comment about James yelling, sucking, being a sellout blah blah blah choke yourself.

HugeRockStar
11-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Yeah personally I think they put on better shows now than they did then.

The_jman
11-04-2013, 05:36 PM
its a nice set. very long.

hellawaits77ny
11-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Yeah personally I think they put on better shows now than they did then.

Didn't see them till just after my HS graduation, so I can't say yes or no, but I will say they do a better job of switching the setlist up the past decade than they did in the 90's / early 2000's.

PowerMaiden
11-05-2013, 09:45 AM
They have a better production, more fire, more explosion, they switch their set like almost nobody does. The sound is probably 10 times better then back in the day

But they play like shit, Jayms can't sing, Lars can't play but most of it all they are not hungry anymore on stage. It feel so wrong for me to see that disgrace they have become. When I go to a metal concert I want energy, I want agression I wanna have my ass kicked in some way. How many 'How does it feel to be alive' or 'hey baby' can someone who saw them on the Damage Inc tour in '86 or the Damaged - Justice in '88 can really endure ...

Is there people of my age who saw them up to '92 that like their shows more now ? I can't believe there is.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

HugeRockStar
11-05-2013, 10:55 AM
I agree on all that but compared to that Black Album tour I still feel their shows are better now. They just acted like their shit don't stink on that tour and were all hammered and coked up. I'm 31 by the way so I first saw them in the 90s. But obviously you just have to watch Cliff Em All and Seattle 89 to see when they were at their best live that goes without saying.