PDA

View Full Version : Pelican -- Cleveland, OH -- November 1st, 2013

petrovar
11-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Venue: The Agora
Source: Me

This was my first show back at the Agora in over four years! With Peabody's being laid to rest, the Agora will start getting more shows. This was definitely a great one to start with. First show of the tour as well. :D

Hellmouth opened the show. This is Jay Navarro's (Suicide Machines) new band. They were a punk/thrash band that fucking killed! They also did a cool cover of Gimme, Gimme, Gimme.

Next up was Coliseum. I had only heard of them prior to tonight and was pleasantly surprised! They reminded me of Helmet a bit, along with Incesticide-era Nirvana. Very cool band.

Pelican took the stage a little after 11. I'd only seen them live once, opening for ISIS in 2009. Since they have a new guitarist, they are a bit limited on what they can play. Really no old stuff, but I like all their stuff, so this set was awesome! The new material was killer live (especially The Tundra).

The Creeper
Deny the Absolute
The Tundra
Immutable Dusk
Ephemeral
Lathe Biosas
Parasite Colony
The Cliff
Strung Up from the Sky
Dead Between the Walls

illuminatus917
11-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Awesome. :fist:

I still haven't listened to their new album. I definitely need to.

I know this was an great show. It would bother me if I saw them and they didn't play anything off Australasia or The Fire in Our Throats Will Beckon the Thaw, bit I'd still see them in a heartbeat if I could.

I hope Natrlhi made it to this.

Natrlhi
11-03-2013, 06:26 PM
^ Sadly, I was not. It was on my list, but I was watching the kids on Friday night. I didn't get a sitter because I've been to several shows recently, not to mention that I'm shipping out for yet another business trip in about nine hours (this one is all week), so I figured I'd rather spend time with the kids than see Pelican again. I saw them at MDF a few months ago (and they played two new tracks that night), plus they're the band I've seen more than any other, so I'll live.

Still sounds like it was a killer show, though. I'd have liked to check them out at the Agora - that place is pretty awesome (always was).

By the way, Petrovar - don't know if you'd heard, but the folks who ran Peabody's are basically taking over The Agora from what I've been told, so all the shows that would have been booked at Peabody's will now be at The Agora from now on. That's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me. I have so many great memories of that place. One of the loudest shows I've ever heard was Motorhead at The Agora back in the late 80's / early 90's. I also saw Slayer during the South of Heaven era in that place. One of the largest and most energetic pits I've seen still to this day. :rocker:

petrovar
11-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I knew. One of my best friends is the webmaster so he's been keeping me up to date. All the Peabody's staff was absorbed into the Agora so they are basically taking it over completely.

I hadn't been to the Agora prior to Friday night in over four years! I used to love it and it just had terrible management for years. While it's really sad to see Peabody's go (Dying Fetus was a perfect final band to grace it's stage) I'm excited for more shows at the Agora.

swboyd
11-04-2013, 01:43 PM
As much as I love those early releases from Pelican, I'd be content with this set given how good their new album. Looks like I'm going to the Chicago show on the 13th.