PDA

View Full Version : Lamb of God -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2013

W0unds
10-24-2013, 05:48 AM
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2013
Venue: Sound Academy
Source: Me

This was the second show of Lamb of God's fall tour and the second night in Toronto. The band were in top form and sounded great. Randy repeatedly mentioned how great it always is to play in Canada and discussed his love for the Trailer Park Boys. He noted the band had been awarded two gold records in Canada and nowhere else. Hearing a few tracks off Palaces was a welcome change and the crowd seemed to really enjoy it with a great deal of moshing and crowd surfing throughout the evening.

Killswitch Engage had technical difficulties causing them delay in getting on the stage and several pauses during their set. They apologized profusely for the issues and thanked Lamb of God for allowing them to go over their time limit and play the full set. "You Don't Bleed For Me" was a real standout in their set for me - you could feel the band's energy and passion.

Testament sounded solid and got the crowd moving but they had a bunch of on stage props/backgrounds which I have not seen them play with before. Huntress brought good energy as openers but I am not familiar enough with them to give a setlist.

Lamb of God
Desolation
Ghost Walking
Walk With Me in Hell
Set to Fail
The Undertow
Now You've Got Something to Die For
Omerta
Laid to Rest
Ruin
As the Palaces Burn
11th Hour
----------------------
Vigil
Redneck
Black Label

Killswitch Engage *may be missing a song or two, possibly out of order*
The New Awakening
A Bid Farewell
Fixation of the Darkness
You Don't Bleed For Me
Vide Infra
A Tribute To the Fallen
The Hell In Me
Rose of Sharyn
My Last Serenade
The End of Heartache
My Curse
In Due Time

Testament
Rise Up
More Than Meets the Eye
Into the Pit
Disciples of the Watch
True American Hate
D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
3 Days in Darkness

Phil709
10-24-2013, 06:21 AM
I wish that, for crowd surfers, the guard rail in front of the stage did not lead back into the crowd but straight to the exit.

IrritatedTrout
10-24-2013, 07:10 AM
I would like to see this tour but the LoG and Testament sets are pretty standard. I can't go anyway so just as well I guess.

300%_Density
10-24-2013, 08:25 AM
It's a shame that LOG have really just given up as far as a decent set goes.

BTBAM310
10-24-2013, 08:40 AM
I would like to see this tour but the LoG and Testament sets are pretty standard. I can't go anyway so just as well I guess.

I love me some Testament, but they really need to switch up their setlists.

IrritatedTrout
10-24-2013, 09:23 AM
I mean, when you only get the time for seven songs then playing the hits and a few cuts from the album you are supporting is expected. There was some cool stuff from The Gathering thrown in on their the last headline run.

anomynous
10-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Stop playing 3 Days of Darkness for fuck's sake.

It fit for 2012. It's almost 2014 now.

IrritatedTrout
10-24-2013, 11:00 AM
When I saw them in February, Chuck said something to the effect of, "Well, it looks like we survived 2012... but here's what could have happened. 3 Days in Darkness." :lol:

mastodon421
10-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Lamb of God is saved by the presence of Vigil, I can't even imagine the chaos that causes live.

NickLed19
10-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Lamb of God is saved by the presence of Vigil, I can't even imagine the chaos that causes live.

Would love to hear it.

Jochen
10-24-2013, 02:04 PM
It's been a while since they've played Vigil. "Back in the day" that was the big "circle pit song."

If I didn't have an accounting exam the next day, I'd probably see the Milwaukee show. Oh well...

AnthG
10-24-2013, 05:06 PM
Went to the first show on the 22nd at the Kool Haus. I guess we got lucky since KsE didn't have any technical issues that night.

Also, I met Chris Adler at a signing before the show. Be jealous. Or not, I don't care.

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1376453_645918529203_1480720464_n.jpg

Bengals279
10-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Does anyone know what time KSE goes on and what time LOG goes on?

jhdeity
10-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Stop playing 3 Days of Darkness for fuck's sake.

It fit for 2012. It's almost 2014 now.

Yeah I never thought I'd ever miss a Testament show but that setlist blows goats

AnthG
10-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Does anyone know what time KSE goes on and what time LOG goes on?

KsE went on around 8:40. Lamb of God around 10:15.

mankvill
10-24-2013, 06:14 PM
taking bets on how many kids at these shows think Testament is ripping off Lamb of God with the intro to Into The Pit

Beagle
10-24-2013, 08:44 PM
I thought log played " Purified " as well?

Christen
10-24-2013, 09:28 PM
No complaints on the Lamb of God set since I've never seen them before but a little bit dissapointed with the Testament set.

W0unds
10-25-2013, 05:20 AM
I thought log played " Purified " as well?

Lamb of God played Purified on the first night of the tour at the Kool Haus. On the second night we got 11th Hour instead.

Derelict
10-25-2013, 06:24 AM
Testament's setlists make me really glad i saw them on the Demonic tour, since thats the only time I've seen those songs in sets.

Dj1214
10-25-2013, 07:37 AM
Holy geez LOG have been playing almost the same set for 3 years now :tp:
Seeing this in mid November @ Starland in NJ, such a small venue should be fun plus i haven't seen Killswitch since 2004.

Blacktooth85
10-25-2013, 08:47 AM
Why is everyone bitching about Testament's setlist? They are the support band. They only had time for 7 songs for fuck's sake. On their last headlining tour they through in some cool shit off The Gathering... They do need to drop 3 Days in Darkness. I like it but it doesn't really make sense to play it anymore...

mankvill
10-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Why is everyone bitching about Testament's setlist? They are the support band. They only had time for 7 songs for fuck's sake. On their last headlining tour they through in some cool shit off The Gathering... They do need to drop 3 Days in Darkness. I like it but it doesn't really make sense to play it anymore...

because testament is the only good band on this tour

Jasonic
10-25-2013, 11:14 AM
I cant believe Testament are wasting their time on this.

I can't really imagine they are going to win any new fans over with this.

Spiner202
10-25-2013, 11:37 AM

The only people that they will win are new fans. I don't think any current fans of Testament could be seriously happy with the set length or song selection.

marker
10-25-2013, 12:28 PM

I believe they are getting paid, probably not much but I guess they didn't have anything better to do.

John The Drummer
10-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Testament's setlists make me really glad i saw them on the Demonic tour, since thats the only time I've seen those songs in sets.

LUCKY :mad:

Sanitarium78
10-25-2013, 01:01 PM

They should win some new fans doing this. I just wonder why the decided to do the tour in the first place? Maybe they wanted to play in front of a different audience and take a chance at growing their fan base a bit more. It seems like their touring for Dark Roots did well for them. I doubt they would make more money doing this then they did on their own tour. This may also be Testaments way of endorsing two of the more popular and "newer" metal bands out there today.

TonyD
10-25-2013, 02:30 PM
FINALLY they're playing As The Palaces Burn.

bobbie solo
10-25-2013, 10:16 PM
saw this tour tonight in NYC. Testament got a fantastic reaction. Crowd was very into them. I'd imagine Testament is getting a few thousand a night (I know a tiny little bit about this stuff, I'd say at least $4000 a night for a band of their stature, it could be way more) for playing in front of 3000 or so people a night.

The sound at Roseland in Manhattan is complete shit, but very good show overall. Stale setlist from LOG, but the crowd isn't exactly looking for deep cuts unfortunately. There are alot of mongoloids that just want to hit somebody and/or get wasted at big metal shows like this, not as many setlist nerds like we are. So LOG keeps it basic sadly most night. KSE didnt exactly shock me either.

LOG's videos were kinda formulaic at times, but looked great and added dimensions on plenty of their material. And the drum/guitar closeups are always appreciated.

IrritatedTrout
10-26-2013, 07:41 AM
Was the Testament set the same as the one posted here?

makethemsuffer12
10-26-2013, 07:55 AM
Was the Testament set the same as the one posted here?

Nah last night they played:

Rise Up
More Than Meets The Eye
The Preacher
Into The Pit
Native Blood
The New Order
Over The Wall

AnthG
10-26-2013, 09:18 AM
The sound at Roseland in Manhattan is complete shit, but very good show overall. Stale setlist from LOG, but the crowd isn't exactly looking for deep cuts unfortunately. There are alot of mongoloids that just want to hit somebody and/or get wasted at big metal shows like this, not as many setlist nerds like we are.

That and not everyone has seen Lamb of God a billion times and may have only seen them once every other album cycle, or not at all. At the first Toronto show Randy asked how many people were at their first Lamb of God show, and about half of the crowd raised their hands and cheered. Even for me, this was my first time seeing them since 2009 when they opened for Metallica, so I had no problem hearing the songs off Resolution they were playing, as well as stuff they didn't play in that support slot 4 years ago like the Palaces songs, and Omerta.

woodsey44
10-30-2013, 10:20 AM
per setlist.fm, LOG is changing 3-4 songs each night of the tour. anyone confirm that?

mattlion
10-30-2013, 10:24 AM
per setlist.fm, LOG is changing 3-4 songs each night of the tour. anyone confirm that?

Mark Morton's twitter hints at this... he just posted something about "re-learning" a song he hasn't played in a couple of years.