Nirvana
Link Wray
The Zombies
The Meters
The Replacements
Chic

Dextrimental
10-16-2013, 06:41 AM
Not a terrible list, if I'm honest. I'm okay with most of those as Hall of Famers.

ravenheart
10-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Pretty sure the most likely winners will be Peter Gabriel, Hall & Oates, Cat Stevens or Nirvana...

dcmetal108
10-16-2013, 06:48 AM
KISS, Deep Purple, NWA, and The Replacements. HOF is still shit though.

Also a Nirvana reunion with Courtney accepting too would be so AWKWARD!

MPF
10-16-2013, 09:15 AM
KISS, Deep Purple, Yes, Nirvana, Cat Stevens

The Prog guy in me would have said Peter Gabriael, but I know 2 Prog artists in one year is a Pipe Dream.

mankvill
10-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Nirvana will be the big inductee this year, without a doubt. If there's 5 or 6 inductees, it'll probably be:

Nirvana
Hall & Oats
Peter Gabriel
Cat Stevens
Linda Ronstadt

And then MAYBE the Meters or Deep Purple. Hopefully Deep Purple.

No way KISS makes it in this year. Not with these other nominees. And I wish that NWA would get in.

PVH5150
10-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Deep Purple are long overdue. They've been eligible since 1993.

Plus, if they get in, it's the only chance (even as remote as it is) of Blackmore returning to the band for one night.

TonyD
10-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Also a Nirvana reunion with Courtney accepting too would be so AWKWARD!

I would really hope they deal with it Sex Pistols/Axl Rose style.

JRA
10-16-2013, 04:32 PM
If they do the internet poll thing where the winner gets in like they did last year (which is how Rush got in) Kiss will definitely get in.

and Deep Purple will get screwed again.

mankvill
10-16-2013, 04:34 PM
I would really hope they deal with it Sex Pistols/Axl Rose style.

Man, I was just thinking about how they'd do this. Obviously Krist and Dave will give speeches, but I really hope someone other than Courtney Love goes up for Kurt Cobain. Isn't his son of age? I mean, if Cliff's Dad can give his speech when Metallica got in, surely Kurt's son can do it for him.

DementedX14
10-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Man, I was just thinking about how they'd do this. Obviously Krist and Dave will give speeches, but I really hope someone other than Courtney Love goes up for Kurt Cobain. Isn't his son of age? I mean, if Cliff's Dad can give his speech when Metallica got in, surely Kurt's son can do it for him.

Don't you Kurt Cobain daughter? Never heard of him having a son at all.

JRA
10-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Why the fuck are Eric B. & Rakim not on the ballot anymore? They're infinitely more important to hip hop than NWA.

mankvill
10-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Why the fuck are Eric B. & Rakim not on the ballot anymore? They're infinitely more important to hip hop than NWA.

I would say Eric B. & Rakim are more important to hip hop, but NWA is more important to pop culture.

mankvill
10-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Don't you Kurt Cobain daughter? Never heard of him having a son at all.

Oh, yeah that's what I meant.

elturtleboy
10-16-2013, 09:35 PM
KISS
N.W.A.
Nirvana

My vote

JRA
10-17-2013, 08:43 AM
I gotta say, I've never understood why Thin Lizzy gets snubbed year after year. I thought the critics liked them?

AnthG
10-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Nirvana walks in.

ravenheart
10-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Nirvana walks in.

Agreed. I don't think it's deserved at all, but they're the clear favourite here.

I wonder who has had the most nominations without getting in. Deep Purple must be up there.

mankvill
10-17-2013, 11:58 AM
I don't think it's deserved at all

pfft. If you had to boil down 1 band to represent each decade, Nirvana would be the 90s, hands down.

ravenheart
10-17-2013, 12:27 PM
pfft. If you had to boil down 1 band to represent each decade, Nirvana would be the 90s, hands down.

Three albums total, only one of them any good = doesn't deserve it

Dextrimental
10-17-2013, 12:45 PM

Fore-front of a musical movement and one of the most important bands in alternative music. The 10-14 year olds that don't go through a massive Nirvana phase to this day are in the minority.

ravenheart
10-17-2013, 01:54 PM
The 10-14 year olds that don't go through a massive Nirvana phase to this day are in the minority.

Which they only do because they feel it's what they're meant to do.

Dextrimental
10-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Which they only do because they feel it's what they're meant to do.

Doesn't matter. Nirvana are one of those hallmark bands now. Besides, Guns N Roses got in on the same level of merit anyway. Amount of albums and length of time at the top don't matter.

ravenheart
10-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Doesn't matter. Nirvana are one of those hallmark bands now. Besides, Guns N Roses got in on the same level of merit anyway. Amount of albums and length of time at the top don't matter.

Quality of output does though.

Well, actually, it would seem it doesn't. But it should, is the point.

powerslave_85
10-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Well considering that one album changed rock music instantly and permanently, I'd say it's warranted.

PVH5150
10-17-2013, 02:08 PM
> Nirvana gets nominated on first year of eligibility, and will no doubt get in.

> Soundgarden's 2nd year of eligibility, hasn't been nominated yet.

I need not present further proof that Jann Wenner is a fucking retard.

mankvill
10-17-2013, 02:20 PM
> Nirvana gets nominated on first year of eligibility, and will no doubt get in.

> Soundgarden's 2nd year of eligibility, hasn't been nominated yet.

I need not present further proof that Jann Wenner is a fucking retard.

you are high if you think Soundgarden is on the same level as Nirvana when it comes to this kinda stuff

PVH5150
10-17-2013, 02:26 PM
you are high if you think Soundgarden is on the same level as Nirvana when it comes to this kinda stuff

Soundgarden is one hundred levels superior to Nirvana, as are Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam.

But take a mediocre guitarist with a godawfully annoying voice, detune & rearrange the More Than A Feeling riff and everybody eats it up.

AnthG
10-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Soundgarden is one hundred levels superior to Nirvana, as are Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam.

But take a mediocre guitarist with a godawfully annoying voice, detune & rearrange the More Than A Feeling riff and everybody eats it up.

I agree with you in terms of quality (except Pearl Jam), but taste is subjective so they have to go by more "objective" measures for this kind of thing, like album sales, radio play, how influential they were in the music scene.

Ultimately though, who cares? People make a huge deal when it comes to the Rock and roll hall of fame, grammys, and even other forms of awards like the Oscars and Emmys when something or someone they like doesn't get in over someone who they don't like. An award or recognition shouldn't change how you feel about a band. Sure it's sometimes nice to see a band you love get a pretty meaningless award like this, but I don't need the hall of fame to tell me that Alice in Chains is better than Nirvana.

JRA
10-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Well considering that one album changed rock music instantly and permanently, I'd say it's warranted.

Van Halen 1 also did that, and they had to wait an extra four years.

mankvill
12-16-2013, 09:08 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/1zyird5.jpg

Bengals279
12-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Deep purple........

justinm4bama
12-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Deep purple........

This. Good for KISS and Nirvana, and rightfully so. Deep Purple, on the other hand, just keep getting slapped in the face.

mankvill
12-16-2013, 09:21 PM
Deep purple........

They deserve it, but they didn't have a shot this year. I'm actually pretty surprised Kiss made it too.

dcmetal108
12-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Kiss deserve it. Nirvana should of been held off for a few years.

mankvill
12-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Kiss deserve it. Nirvana should of been held off for a few years.

Nirvana is on the shortlist of first-year inductees.

AnthG
12-17-2013, 04:01 AM
I wonder if Gene Simmons will retract the stuff he's said about the RnR Hall of Fame now that Kiss is inducted.

EDIT: Who am I kidding? Of course he will.

ravenheart
12-17-2013, 05:45 AM
Nirvana :tp:

MPF
12-17-2013, 05:52 AM
I actually don't have a problem with this list. All 5 are deserving in their own ways.

JRA
12-17-2013, 06:12 AM
Deep purple........

Here's the fuckin problem. Even with the new internet poll, you still aren't going to get the total opinion of the people, you're only going to get the opinions of fans with a rabid internet fanbase. That's why Rush won by a landslide last-time even though across the board Deep Purple is more deserving. Rush, KISS, and Nirvana, while they certainly have a lot of older fans, have managed to "connect" to the youth and maintain a young fanbase of some kind. Deep Purple, for whatever reason haven't really been able to pull that off. Obviously there are young Deep Purple fans, but they are the exception to the rule. Most Deep Puprle fans probably still can't figure out facebook from 2007, let alone organize to give their band a lead in an internet poll which 9 times out of 10 doesn't matter.

It'll be interesting to see how Dave Grohl reacts to this, considering he seems to be one person who gets pissed off at actual rock bands getting snubbed.

Wait....the E Street band? Fucking seriously? Deep Purple and Eric B. & Rakim got shafted for Bruce's backup? Fuck the RNRHOF.

Steev
12-17-2013, 06:55 AM
Deep Purple had over 160,000 votes, Yes had over 150,000

Neither got in, but cat stevens and Linda Rondstat both got in at roughly 75,000 votes

So that's some week shit

El Gordo
12-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Nirvana :tp:

Lol you can roll your eyes all you like, but if you actually thought Nirvana wouldn't get in you should pinch yourself.

Wait....the E Street band? Fucking seriously? Deep Purple and Eric B. & Rakim got shafted for Bruce's backup? Fuck the RNRHOF.

But then again, I wholeheartedly agree with this. Fuck it. It doesn't matter who's in because it's a fucking sham.

Steev
04-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Tom Morello will be inducting Kiss.

detuned
04-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Michael Stipe is inducting Nirvana, though there's no word on whether or not the surviving members will perform together. Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello will induct Kiss, who opted not to perform after a very public disagreement regarding which members would get to participate. Bruce Springsteen will induct the E Street Band, and they will perform together as well.

Coldplay's Chris Martin will pay tribute to Peter Gabriel, who plans on performing. Glenn Frey of the Eagles will induct his former bandleader Linda Ronstadt, and a unique tribute will be staged to the singer featuring Stevie Nicks, Carrie Underwood, Emmylou Harris, Sheryl Crow and Bonnie Raitt. Questlove of the Roots will pay tribute to Hall and Oates, and the duo plans to play at the ceremony. Peter Asher is going to induct Brian Epstein and Andrew Loog Oldham. There's no word on who will induct Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam).
[rollingstone] (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteen-michael-stipe-will-appear-at-rock-hall-induction-20140401)

JRA
04-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Tom Morello will be inducting Kiss.

Somehow I had a feeling that would be happening.

Is it just me or is Rage Against The Machine gonna be inducted the first year they are eligible?

Steev
04-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Somehow I had a feeling that would be happening.

Is it just me or is Rage Against The Machine gonna be inducted the first year they are eligible?

Oh absolutely, because that's how the Hall works

AnthG
04-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Tom Morello inducting Kiss is an April Fools joke right?