PDA

View Full Version : The Official Walking Dead Thread

John The Drummer
10-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Since Season 4 starts tomorrow, lets talk about it!

Anyone have any hopes, ideas, guesses, anything, for how the season will roll out?

I have a feeling the first half will be like Season 2, with lots of character building, but the second half will bring the action.

Sanitarium78
10-13-2013, 05:56 AM
I hope they bring the action right away. With the lame ass ending they did for the last season they owe the fans an ass kicking season premier.

Don't forget about The Governor, he's still alive and out there somewhere:rocker:

I think there will be more zombies then ever this season which is only logical. More people will die the longer this thing goes, so the zombie population will greatly outnumber the amount of humans still roaming the earth. Since the zombies mimic each others movements, the size of the herds will be bigger and the longer and further out they will travel to find something to eat.

Also, supplies like food, clean water, ammo and medicine will become even more scarce then ever before. Most of this stuff was taken when the outbreak first started. In the show the outbreak has been going on for over a year now, so the search for supplies is gonna be more of a struggle then ever. Like in the comic, I can see Rick striking deals with other groups of survivors when it comes to getting supplies for his group. People will also kill other people to get what they need.

Overall, I think there's potential for this season to be the best one so far.

illuminatus917
10-13-2013, 06:19 AM
I have a feeling the first half will be like Season 2, with lots of character building, but the second half will bring the action.

I think the second half will begin the story arc of the journey to the Alexandria Safe-Zone. The evidence for this is the casting of Rosita (who is an actress from one of the Twilight movies :eyes:). Not that she couldn't appear during the prison arc, as it wouldn't be the first comic deviation by a long shot, but I have a feeling she will be introduced around the time the group is forced to abandon the prison. This would also mean the antagonists will become The Hunters, by which time I look for the Governor to have perished.

I look for the Governor to perish during the second prison attack, maybe sometime leading up to, or maybe in, the mid-season finale.

As for character building, look for a build-up of Beth and a further build-up of Carol. I haven't a clue what direction Carl is going to go in. I think Daryl's character is becoming mundane, despite what his slobbering fanbase thinks, so I'm going to lose interest in him as a character if the writers don't do something with him in this season. The writers watered him down a lot as a character in season 3, in my opinion, as he was much more intriguing during the first two seasons. I think this will be a "make or break" season for Daryl.

Also, supplies like food, clean water, ammo and medicine will become even more scarce then ever before. Most of this stuff was taken when the outbreak first started. In the show the outbreak has been going on for over a year now, so the search for supplies is gonna be more of a struggle then ever. Like in the comic, I can see Rick striking deals with other groups of survivors when it comes to getting supplies for his group. People will also kill other people to get what they need.

This is definitely where the Hunters come in.

illuminatus917
10-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Also, I forgot to mention Michonne. They will definitely build her character up as well. I suspect there will be significant screen time devoted to:

1. Beth
2. Carol
3. Michonne

The leftover Woodburians (soon to be zombie fodder) might get built up a little just to be killed off. But those three ladies are essential. Carol especially, as she's the only female left from Atlanta.

John The Drummer
10-13-2013, 02:54 PM
I hope they give Beth some more on screen time. She has been nothing but just a supporting character, but she could be great!

illuminatus917
10-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Abraham and Eugene cast.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-casts-pivotal-comic-648071

John The Drummer
10-14-2013, 01:09 PM
I thought last night was a pertty good episode. Kinda feel like all the new people add way too much to it, but still enjoyable. The Big Lots scene was awesome, and the very ending ... shit.... cant wait to see how that will unfold :eyes:

illuminatus917
10-14-2013, 01:32 PM
I thought last night was a pertty good episode. Kinda feel like all the new people add way too much to it, but still enjoyable. The Big Lots scene was awesome, and the very ending ... shit.... cant wait to see how that will unfold :eyes:

I'm not going to be able to watch the entire first half of this season because I'm outside the US in a place that doesn't even sniff stuff like The Walking Dead, so I'm having my mom email episode summaries to me. :lol:

It sounded interesting and fairly laid back except for the supermarket run and Rick's little adventure. Apparently he has given up weapons and is the resident gardener?

About all the people. I feel the Woodburians are "zombie kill" reserve, and I doubt they'll be around long. Supposedly one of them already died in the supermarket run. What will be more interesting is the increased size of the core group with the edition of Rosita, Eugene and Abraham. This is going to give the group another alpha male in Abraham. I'm curious if a group of Rick, Daryl, Tyrese, Michone, and Abraham can coalesce. Or if the writers are going to deem it necessary to kill one of these people off.

Sanitarium78
10-14-2013, 01:42 PM
I liked last nights episode. A good season premiere that set everything up well and filled you in on what's been going on like every season premiere should do.

The scene in the store was really cool. It was funny when a couple of the zombies feel to the ground and their heads went splat right away.

I'm not sure what the point of Rick meeting that woman in the woods was? Maybe they just did it to creep us out a bit or to show how far gone someone can mentally go in this world when they've got nothing left. It may have been a better story if Rick took her back to the prison and helped her get healthy again.

With Waldo dying at the end and turning, i'm guessing since everyone is asleep, he will get a few people before anybody knows what's going on. He also coughed into that big tub of water before he died, so whatever he died from could be contagious and infect more people in the prison.

illuminatus917
10-14-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure what the point of Rick meeting that woman in the woods was? Maybe they just did it to creep us out a bit or to show how far gone someone can mentally go in this world when they've got nothing left. It may have been a better story if Rick took her back to the prison and helped her get healthy again.

Didn't it have something to do with Rick's guilt and new found pacifism? The show was probably trying to make a connection between this woman, who represents the broken person of the apocalypse, and Rick, who is struggling with the actions and decisions he's made in the apocalypse (hence him giving up weapons and in his own form repenting). The last thing she said to Rick before attacking him, as she resigns herself and fights off guilt for committing another murder, is "there is no turning back." This relates back to Rick. Despite his current "carry no gun" policy," and his trying to make amends for the killing he's done, there's no turning back now for him either.

John The Drummer
10-14-2013, 03:44 PM
I'd like to throw in a quick side note: I really like Tyreese and his sister(?). They are great additions to the group and just seem like good people. I hope they stick around for a long while!

Sanitarium78
10-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Tyreese should be in it for the long haul. He's introduced way earlier in the comic and was Rick's right hand man and go to guy. In the comic Tyreese was with Rick and company when they found the prison. He didn't accidently happen upon it like on the show.

Even though he was introduced later in the TV show, I think his character will grow and he will become a very strong addition to the group.

John The Drummer
10-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Tomorrow! I haven't seen the preview yet, but judging by the ending of last weeks episode, it should be pretty good.

John The Drummer
10-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Damn, this season has been pretty intense so far. Last nights episode was ...wow....

I really want to know what is going on with this sickness, who is feeding the zombies, and who (spoiler free) did that thing at the very end.....

I think they could have gone one more episode with Rick being a peace loving hippie, but it'll be nice to see him back in action.

illuminatus917
10-21-2013, 01:32 PM
I was told Carl is acting more mature and respectful than at season 3's end...

Maybe Rick was a pacifist for the entirety of the three months leading up to the new season, and it rubbed off on Carl.

John The Drummer
10-22-2013, 01:26 PM
I was told Carl is acting more mature and respectful than at season 3's end...

Maybe Rick was a pacifist for the entirety of the three months leading up to the new season, and it rubbed off on Carl.

It definitely rubbed off on Carl. He is a total peace loving hippie now :lol:
He had to shoot a zombie to save Michonne (I think thats who it was...) and appologized to his Dad and seemed to be really bummed that he would let himself do such a thing.

Anyone have any guesses who could be feeding the walkers? Maybe the children? They were giving them names and "Humanising" them after all.....

Disturbed95
10-22-2013, 02:34 PM
It definitely rubbed off on Carl. He is a total peace loving hippie now :lol:
He had to shoot a zombie to save Michonne (I think thats who it was...) and appologized to his Dad and seemed to be really bummed that he would let himself do such a thing.

Anyone have any guesses who could be feeding the walkers? Maybe the children? They were giving them names and "Humanising" them after all.....

I think it's the guy who knocked over the wine display when they raided the store

Sanitarium78
10-22-2013, 06:38 PM
I really liked this episode. It was easy to predict after watching how the first episode ended what was gonna happen next but that doesn't mean it was bad. They've got some real problems now with whatever this disease is that's infecting people.

It maybe one of the kids feeding the zombies. I think all those half eaten dead rats lying around may very well be responsible for the illness that's spreading in the prison. Rats carry all sorts of disease and leaving the dead ones there is not a good thing. It will probably turn out that one of the kids was trying to be nice to the zombies by feeding them but unintentionally put the whole group in danger by allowing the disease to spread by not getting rid of the rat remains.

Now the other big issue is who burnt the bodies of those two people? It looks like they may have gotten sick and died because of the trail of blood that lead to them sure made it seem that way. One of them I think was the chick that Tyreese was getting with. At least her death will toughen him up which his character needs.

John The Drummer
10-24-2013, 01:27 PM
The burning of the bodies was definitely very odd. One was that chick that Tyreese was getting close to (the girl that Rick and gang met at the end of Season 3 from Woodbury who surived the Gov's murdering of his "army"). I have no idea who the other one could have been, maybe it was someone who was sick and decided to burn themself with her... who knows.... hope we find out more on Sunday.

Sanitarium78
10-25-2013, 07:03 AM
The burning of the bodies was definitely very odd.

Not really. If those people died from the mysterious illness then one of the best ways to prevent it from spreading, even after they die, is to burn the bodies to a crisp. Whoever did it, didn't do a good enough job since the bodies weren't burnt to ashes.

John The Drummer
10-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Not really. If those people died from the mysterious illness then one of the best ways to prevent it from spreading, even after they die, is to burn the bodies to a crisp. Whoever did it, didn't do a good enough job since the bodies weren't burnt to ashes.

I meant "odd" as in "surprising" and "unexpected", at least for me.

John The Drummer
10-30-2013, 12:54 PM
SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO MISSED SUNDAYS EPISODE

So yeah, Carol was the "burner", shocking, but at the same time not too surprising since she has been acting out a bit more than in the past. I guess there is a rumor that she just admitted to it as a cover up for someone else. The bloody hand print on the door seemed pretty low.... I BET IT WAS JUDITH!!!!!

illuminatus917
10-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Maybe Carol is the Carl of season 4.

BRAman22
11-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Maybe Carol is the Carl of season 4.

Seems doubtful now

mankvill
11-03-2013, 08:23 PM
ilEB4KTTOIo

Sanitarium78
11-05-2013, 07:34 AM
I liked this weeks episode but it also showcased a major flaw that the show has which has bothered me since season 2. Once a supporting character has their big breakout moment and shows signs of development, they kill them off or in Carol's case write them out of the show.

Shane, Dale, Merle, Andrea and T-Dog were all killed off once their characters started becoming interesting. Not so much with T-Dog, but before he died last season they made it look like he was going to have a bigger role. I don't understand why they do this? It's still a good show but it would be more entertaining if they kept a few of these characters around after they finally started to standout on their own.

W0unds
11-05-2013, 08:09 AM
I liked this weeks episode but it also showcased a major flaw that the show has which has bothered me since season 2. Once a supporting character has their big breakout moment and shows signs of development, they kill them off or in Carol's case write them out of the show.

Shane, Dale, Meryl, Andrea and T-Dog were all killed off once their characters started becoming interesting. Not so much with T-Dog, but before he died last season they made it look like he was going to have a bigger role. I don't understand why they do this? It's still a good show but it would be more entertaining if they kept a few of these characters around after they finally started to standout on their own.

I always think as soon as a someone starts getting more screen/character development time they will be killed within a few episodes. I am not really sure what the writers motivation is to do this.

*season 2 spoilers below*

However in regards to Shane I feel he was actually one of the best developed characters on the show. His story arc was completed as it led to an inevitable confrontation with Rick that only one of them could walk away from. He lasted much longer than Shane did in the comic as well.

illuminatus917
11-05-2013, 09:21 AM

Shane, Dale, Meryl, Andrea and T-Dog were all killed off once their characters started becoming interesting. Not so much with T-Dog, but before he died last season they made it look like he was going to have a bigger role. I don't understand why they do this? It's still a good show but it would be more entertaining if they kept a few of these characters around after they finally started to standout on their own.

Shane's death was like Sophia's: the plot which it served was greater than the character itself. I have no problem with this, even though I would rather Shane still be on the show (he was the most interesting character next to Dale, and as the above poster mentioned, one of the most developed). If a death is necessary to strengthen the plot, fine.

The writers can't be blamed for Dale's being killed off because Jeffrey DeMunn walked away from the show after Frank Darabont was fired.

Merle, couldn't agree more.

Andrea, couldn't agree more.

T-dog, couldn't agree more. He was acting less clumsy, too, when they first rampaged through the prison, and was really contributing to the group's survival. He was part of that "formation."

I'll see what I think about the Carol situation after I catch up with the series. It does seem like there's a pattern here.

Sanitarium78
11-05-2013, 09:44 AM
I'll agree that Shane's death came along at the right time. His death is really the only major one that was done for a good reason. Still, that doesn't take away from the fact he became the best character on the show during season two and was then killed off.

I didn't know that Jeff DeMunn decided to leave the show. So him being killed off is understandable. If they really wanted to, i'm sure they could've got him to stay. Dale survives for a long time in the comic. I know the show is different but it would've been nice to see him last longer and make it to the prison with everyone else. With Rick no longer wanting to be a leader and make decisions, Dale could've filled that role nicely I think. But I guess they felt having Herschel as the old, wise, Yoda like character on the show was enough.

illuminatus917
11-05-2013, 10:02 AM
I don't know, I think the only reason he signed on to begin with was Frank Darabont. They had a close relationship from working together for years. I'm not sure of the details, but he was so perturbed with how things went down with Darabont I'm not sure there was anything the writers could do to keep him. It's a shame it worked out the way it did. Hershel is a fine character - one of the best on the show at this point - but Dale was better.

I'll agree that Shane's death came along at the right time. His death is really the only major one that was done for a good reason.

I strongly disagree. Sophia's death was just as meaningful, impactful (arguably), and also had a great contribution to the plot. A huge chunk of a season revolved around her arc.

I think Merle's death was also arguable from a plot standpoint. Though I still happened not to agree with it.

XDoomsayerX
11-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Carol is coming back. My prediction is she joins and finds the Governor.

That last episode demonstrated character development, which the show lacks at times. That Bob and Daryl confrontation was very nice. At first I was like here we go lets kill off another character that has had recent screen time. Tyreese is gonna be a big player too. I predict he may find out about Carol and he's gonna go ham if he when he sees that chica.

Digging this season so far but season 3 started off god then the second half was just poop. Lets hope history doesnt repeat.

John The Drummer
11-05-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm pretty sure Carol will return. She will probably find the Gov, or maybe the Alexandria safe zone as mentioned in one of the first posts (sorry, dont read the comic, not sure what this is...). She has already had such a huge impact on this season that they cant just write her off just like that, she will definitely be given a bigger role... possibly like what they did for Andrea... her own litle side story.

As for the Darrell and other dude confrontation, that was pretty intense. I am unsure how I feel about that guy, seemed like trouble when they first introduced him... so who knows. Feel kinda bad for him though. :(

XDoomsayerX
11-05-2013, 06:10 PM
A character with alcoholism is brilliant. Makes the show relatable.

illuminatus917
11-06-2013, 10:01 AM
A character with alcoholism is brilliant. Makes the show relatable.

Flaws make characters more interesting. That's a rule of thumb. The reason Darryl's character became stale last season was because he didn't have any flaws. The writers transformed his character from the very personality flawed individual he was in season 1 and 2 into a more sociable, agreeable, strong, perfect sort of character that really didn't have any noticeable flaws in season 3. This is a writing error, in my opinion, and needs to be rectified this season if Darryl is going to retain any sense of intrigue.

This is apart from the rampant fangirlism going around right now and the slobbering over his masculinity (also in question, in my opinion) and crossbow. This is a personality issue. His masculinity and crossbow don't make him a good character.

We like characters that have flaws because we relate to them. We relate to them because we are flawed ourselves, or so we think. This is one of the premises of Lost that made it so appealing to so many people.

ShatteredFlame
11-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Last nights episode was actually great. Finally some nail biting tension and all of the drama seemed relevant (they didn't even waste time with the bores that are Darryl, Michonne and Tyreese). Hershel had the best character development in that one episode than anyone has had in forever and the entire keeping Carl safe view by Rick was finally able to pan out. Why can't more episodes be like that?

Sanitarium78
11-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Last nights episode was actually great. Finally some nail biting tension and all of the drama seemed relevant (they didn't even waste time with the bores that are Darryl, Michonne and Tyreese). Hershel had the best character development in that one episode than anyone has had in forever and the entire keeping Carl safe view by Rick was finally able to pan out. Why can't more episodes be like that?

The reason more episodes aren't like last night's is because they wouldn't be as special otherwise. You need some slower story building episodes in order to get to the one that has the big payoff in it. That's what last night's episode was, the big payoff to what the first four episodes were building towards. If the show was nothing put high drama and fast paced action each week then the viewers would complain that there's too much going on all the time and they can't follow everything. Darryl, Michonne and Tyreese are boring? What?

Last night's episode was great. Herschel is the man and it was awesome to see Rick and Carl mowing down the herd of zombies with machine guns.

John The Drummer
11-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Tyreese is the man this season! You cray cray Shattered! Sure Darryl and Michonne have been kinda watered down (from what they started out as...) but they still kick major ass!

ShatteredFlame
11-11-2013, 07:28 PM
I really disagree with last nights episode being a big pay off that was built up. The first few episodes consisted of nothing but introducing characters just to kill them off by the end while the main characters just kinda had to deal with it. The audience isn't given enough time to appreciate the new characters and none of the main characters did anything relevant. What they tried to do with Carrol could've been interesting but it felt pretty anticlimactic because they never showed her in action, nothing happened but a bunch of small conversations and minor details. Then they just drop it. There are cases where not showing something only adds to the mystery but in this case I really found the entire situation hard to swallow.

Last nights episode for me was the only episode that succeeded in finally giving the audience a reason to care for the woodsbury people while some of the main characters finally get some support.

How is Tyreese a good character? All hes done is put the group in further danger because of his recklessness. Darryl and Michonne haven't done anything this season. The writers are so scared to do anything dangerous with either of them because everyone loves them but they suffer from not having any sort of character development. Michonne especially has been having some really cringe worthy scenes lately.

BRAman22
11-11-2013, 07:48 PM
^ I second all of that.

Whatever build up they were going for didn't work. If that's really what they were trying to do I agree that it would have taken much longer to develop the needed emotional connection, otherwise this past episode could just as well have been the season premier.

Sanitarium78
11-12-2013, 06:40 AM
I really disagree with last nights episode being a big pay off that was built up. The first few episodes consisted of nothing but introducing characters just to kill them off by the end while the main characters just kinda had to deal with it. The audience isn't given enough time to appreciate the new characters and none of the main characters did anything relevant.

None of the main characters did anything relevant? Did you even watch this weeks episode? Maybe i'm missing your point here?

ShatteredFlame
11-12-2013, 09:32 AM
I don't even see how you're missing my point. I clearly wrote.

The first few episodes consisted of nothing but introducing characters just to kill them off by the end while the main characters just kinda had to deal with it. The audience isn't given enough time to appreciate the new characters and none of the main characters did anything relevant."

followed by

Last nights episode for me was the only episode that succeeded in finally giving the audience a reason to care for the woodsbury people while some of the main characters finally get some support.

My point being that all the episodes before last nights episode barely had any relevance in leading up to the "big payoff" that you claim this weeks episode was. This weeks episode did everything right by finally giving the audience reasons to sympathize with the woodsbury people by putting one of the main characters in direct danger with them.

Do you really think what they did with Carrol was relevant to last nights episode? She could have very well been alongside Herschel the entire time and the audience could have sympathized more with her supposed stance on protecting the group at all costs.

XDoomsayerX
11-12-2013, 10:43 AM
This season of The Walking Dead has easily been the best of the series. The show finally gets character development and no one cares :tp:

Last nights episode was great, especially Hershel questioning his faith.

John The Drummer
11-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Well last nights episode sure was a bit of a sudden slow down! I am cool with side stories and flashback/catch up with other character plots, but I feel they could have done it much better. Don't really like what they did with the Governor, but hopefully he will snap soon and become interesting (i know, judgy judgy after one episode with him, sorry).

That little girl was so adorible though :D :D :D

Sanitarium78
11-23-2013, 07:35 AM
The Governor's human side seems to be awakened now that he has a "family" again. While they never came straight out and said it on the show, I thought it was always implied that The Governor was a decent man before losing his wife and daughter sent him over the edge. His want for revenge against the people at the prison, especially Michonne, will bring the evil Governor back. I don't think we have to worry about him being all nice for too long.

John The Drummer
11-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Welp, good to see The Gov' back! I knew it would happen, but it was a bit of a surprise. I fell asleep during a small section near the end, but caught the very very end, hope I didn't miss much.

I guess the next episode is the mid-season finale, so I hope they bring it!

Sanitarium78
11-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Welp, good to see The Gov' back! I knew it would happen, but it was a bit of a surprise. I fell asleep during a small section near the end, but caught the very very end, hope I didn't miss much.

I guess the next episode is the mid-season finale, so I hope they bring it!

They'll bring it. The Governor has a tank now:rocker:

John The Drummer
12-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Without going into too much detail for those that haven't seen it yet...

DAMN!

I was not expecting either of the major deaths... that whole last 15 or so minutes was just intense. The very end with Judith.... man... I really want to see what actually happened... can February come any faster?

Sanitarium78
12-02-2013, 06:10 PM
As someone who read the comic I was expecting a major death or two with this episode. In the comic, Tyreese gets his head chopped off by The Governor, not Herschel. Still, once again they take a great character and kill them off. I'm not sure how the show is better off without Herschel? At least it could be fun to see the group on the run again and trying to find another place to live in the second half of the season.

They really left it wide open when it came to what happened to Judith. As of right now we don't know for sure but they made sure that the audience was thinking the worst had happened to her at the end.

I like the smile Herschel gave when Rick was negotiating with the Governor. It seemed like the old Rick was coming back and Herschel knew everything would be OK.

Overall, it was a great episode. The zombie population seems to be getting bigger. They pop out of everywhere now.

Bengals279
12-02-2013, 06:29 PM
I was very pleased with this episode. I really haven't fully enjoyed the walking dead since season 1 but this episode gives me a lot of hope. Maybe one of their best episodes

John The Drummer
12-03-2013, 01:19 PM
I was expecting something huge.... just not Hersey Bar or the Gov geting offed though! It'll be great to see what kind of trouble they get into now that he's out of the picture... he was the one that was really keeping them together, IMO.

I am sure Judith is ok and one of the people in the group that made it out in the bus grabbed her.

Sanitarium78
12-03-2013, 06:15 PM
I am sure Judith is ok and one of the people in the group that made it out in the bus grabbed her.

I don't know about that, her car seat did have blood stains on it. Rick and Carl's reaction certainly wasn't one of "Oh, I'm sure she's safe and somebody got her out of here".

ShatteredFlame
12-03-2013, 06:33 PM
In Talking Dead they didn't put her death in the memorial section and Kirkman didn't confirm it he said something like "I dunno, wait and see what happens next"

Sanitarium78
12-03-2013, 07:53 PM
In Talking Dead they didn't put her death in the memorial section and Kirkman didn't confirm it he said something like "I dunno, wait and see what happens next"

I missed that part. I must've been distracted by how good Lauren Cohan looked:drool:

John The Drummer
12-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Soooooooo.... did they ever explain who was feeding the rats to the zombies??

illuminatus917
12-15-2013, 07:32 PM
There's a Walking Dead marathon on New Years Eve/Day. 'Twill be my chance to play catch up.

Sanitarium78
02-09-2014, 02:30 PM
New episodes start up tonight. Since the prison is no more, I'm guessing we will see them on the road for a little bit until they find a new home.

John The Drummer
02-12-2014, 10:54 AM
First episode was a bit weak, but glad Carl got put in his place :D

Sanitarium78
02-12-2014, 06:21 PM
I liked this weeks episode. I pretty much expected that we would find out what happened with Rick and Carl after they fled the prison. It was a good episode for Carl as it developed his character much further. The next episode will probably focus on the other survivors and where they've ended up. I find it strange that they didn't have a set meeting place for everyone in case they had to flee the prison. Bad planning there. I guess they really thought the prison was gonna be their home from now on.

AnthG
02-12-2014, 06:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxvo8AcpQQ

Sinfulsot
02-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Other than Kirkman calling the show his do-over, the parts with Rick and Carl were almost word for word taken out of the book. That being said, when Carl said he learned the knot that tied the door from Shane, he said to Rick, "remember him?". Rick's response: "I remember him everyday".

I do a lot of comparing to the books, since I call the show an alternate reality to the books, which is clearly better than "writer's do-over", but I can keep the two worlds separate. Unless otherwise directed, I assume it is the show to be on topic.

Getting some back story on Michonne, Glen (1 n or 2?) and especially Daryl is going to make me more invested and thus break my heart even more if they are ever sacrificed.

I am hoping it translates to the show, and more directly, that the longer you can survive in the zombie world, the more likely you will be killed by either being careless or by another human.

I am looking forward to Abraham & co.'s intro and where that will lead.

For the record, I am about to start issue #103.

illuminatus917
02-13-2014, 10:40 AM
I am looking forward to Abraham & co.'s intro and where that will lead

I think that's coming in the next episode.

Sanitarium78
02-16-2014, 02:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxvo8AcpQQ

:lol::lol:

That was pretty good but I do have to nitpick on one thing. The reason they aren't called "zombies" on the show is because this takes place in a world where the concept of zombies never existed.

Sinfulsot
02-17-2014, 04:24 AM
:lol::lol:

That was pretty good

Also starring, SHANE RUBBING HIS HEAD...

AnthG
02-17-2014, 09:32 AM
It was the first Honest Trailer I ever saw, and once I saw it I watched every honest trailer with the exception of a few that I don't want to get spoiled on.

illuminatus917
02-17-2014, 10:15 AM
I hope the writers kill off Beth and not Maggie. I have a suspicion one of them will be gone before the end of the season, and I have further suspicion it will be the other way around. Emily Kinney's acting leaves a lot to be desired. They should have cut the scene of her crying on the tracks. It was just terrible.

illuminatus917
02-17-2014, 10:18 AM
On the other hand, Lauren Cohen is fantastic.

Compare her breakdown in the bus to Beth's on the tracks. No equivalence between the two.

BRAman22
02-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Emily Kinney's acting leaves a lot to be desired. They should have cut the scene of her crying on the tracks. It was just terrible.

That was one of the most horrendous scenes that I've seen in anything in a long time.

John The Drummer
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Seeing the ending of that last episode just felt like it was going to be another Woodbury :hmm:

Good to see Carol back though! :party:

Sanitarium78
02-19-2014, 08:39 PM
On the other hand, Lauren Cohen is fantastic.

Compare her breakdown in the bus to Beth's on the tracks. No equivalence between the two.

Yep, Lauren Cohen is awesome. I've had a little crush on her ever since she first appeared on the show to.

Seeing the ending of that last episode just felt like it was going to be another Woodbury :hmm:

Good to see Carol back though! :party:

No, it's not another Woodbury. If they have Abraham, Rosita and Eugene trying to carry out the same mission they did in the comic then you don't have to worry about that. Since Eugene was holding a radio in his hand, i'm guessing their purpose on the show will be the same as the comic. I'm sure it will be revealed in the next episode.

illuminatus917
02-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Yep, Lauren Cohen is awesome. I've had a little crush on her ever since she first appeared on the show to.

Her emotional scenes are consistently convincing. She's an extremely talented actress. And yes, also very attractive. She's attractive even when they try to make her unattractive.

Sinfulsot
02-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Lauren Cohen wears the sexy dirt rather well...

Sinfulsot
03-04-2014, 04:01 AM
Beth was surprisingly strong last ep with Daryl. next week's is looking really good.

Still waiting for:
the truth about eugene
crazy Mika (Myka?) (sp?)
Carol and Tyreese
the next community

illuminatus917
03-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Beth grew on me in that one episode. I don't want her to die anymore.

XDoomsayerX
03-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Last nights episode! :eek:

John The Drummer
03-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Imma take a break from this thread :lol:
Still on the episode from last week....

illuminatus917
03-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Last nights episode! :eek:

That whole episode was a homage to Of Mice and Men. It was beautiful.

I also enjoyed watching Carol channel her inner Shane. Identify the threat and immediately eliminate it. Carol has become the character that has to clean up. She's doing the hard things and making the hard decisions that all the other characters shy away from. Her actions are morally debatable, probably necessary, but debatable nonetheless. But she's tactful, unlike Shane.

Andrea told Shane at one point that his ideas were solid, but it was his execution that left something to be desired. Carol executes better.

XDoomsayerX
03-17-2014, 07:17 PM
One of the best episodes of the show. Really glad it reached this level of darkness, which is a norm in the comic but seemed to be afraid to cross on the TV series.

illuminatus917
03-17-2014, 07:54 PM
Really glad it reached this level of darkness, which is a norm in the comic but seemed to be afraid to cross on the TV series.

Yeah. I'd like to see it get even darker. They passed up the perfect scenario to kill off Judith. A fitting end would have been for Mika to turn after she was stabbed by Lizzie and then eat Judith, and for Lizzie to watch it happen. And then for Carol and Tyrese to stumble upon it after it was too late. I realize that's a line AMC couldn't cross. And I realize Carol probably needs to walk up to Rick with Judith in hand for redemption purposes.

At first I thought Lizzie stabbed both of them. There were three graves in the yard.

XDoomsayerX
03-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Yeah. I'd like to see it get even darker. They passed up the perfect scenario to kill off Judith. A fitting end would have been for Mika to turn after she was stabbed by Lizzie and then eat Judith, and for Lizzie to watch it happen. And then for Carol and Tyrese to stumble upon it after it was too late. I realize that's a line AMC couldn't cross. And I realize Carol probably needs to walk up to Rick with Judith in hand for redemption purposes.

At first I thought Lizzie stabbed both of them. There were three graves in the yard.

I wonder if they'll kill Judith. That would take the show to a real dark place.

But ya the comics is straight up violence, death, and sex. Show is good just tame but they showed they are willing to reach a new level.

John The Drummer
03-19-2014, 05:49 PM
Just caught up....

:wow:

That was intense..... really intense....

Sanitarium78
03-24-2014, 09:54 AM
So, they've finally found Terminus last night. The place didn't look right to me at all. There were no people anywhere and they had to wonder for minute to find somebody and when they did it was a lady standing behind a grill. Do the other survivors just stay inside the building's or is this group the first to arrive? You can tell right away that something is off with this place.

AnthG
03-24-2014, 10:57 AM
My first guess was the group is the maybe the first to arrive. But then the robotic-sounding voice in the next episode preview makes it seem odd.

I'm just wondering if there will be quarrel between the sub-groups for long, or will Glenn's group with Eugene, Daryl's new pseudo biker gang, Rick's trio, and Tyrese and Carol (who themselves settled differences) put all their differences aside and form one, giant, conglomerate, badass super team, culminating in a season 5 story arc called "Terminus is evil and fucking shit up, and it's time for the zombie justice league to take it down!!"

illuminatus917
03-25-2014, 10:13 PM
a lady standing behind a grill

And that lady was Tasha Yar.

:eek:

My first guess was the group is the maybe the first to arrive. But then the robotic-sounding voice in the next episode preview makes it seem odd.

I'm just wondering if there will be quarrel between the sub-groups for long, or will Glenn's group with Eugene, Daryl's new pseudo biker gang, Rick's trio, and Tyrese and Carol (who themselves settled differences) put all their differences aside and form one, giant, conglomerate, badass super team, culminating in a season 5 story arc called "Terminus is evil and fucking shit up, and it's time for the zombie justice league to take it down!!"

I would like to see Joe survive. He's one of the few really intriguing characters on the show right now. I don't care what happens to his group, but I'd love to see Daryl draw him into Rick's group somehow, so he could play a Merle/Shane type role. A contrarian figure that has his own ideas about how things should work, butts heads with the rest of the group members, and effectively diminishes the cohesion of the group.

Maybe this could create a rift in Rick and Daryl's friendship, setting up Abraham to become Rick's right hand.

I know one thing - the actor that plays Joe isn't just a bum Kirkman snagged off the street. That guy has serious ability. It would be a shame to kill him off.

XDoomsayerX
03-25-2014, 11:07 PM
And that lady was Tasha Yar.

:eek:

I would like to see Joe survive. He's one of the few really intriguing characters on the show right now. I don't care what happens to his group, but I'd love to see Daryl draw him into Rick's group somehow, so he could play a Merle/Shane type role. A contrarian figure that has his own ideas about how things should work, butts heads with the rest of the group members, and effectively diminishes the cohesion of the group.

Maybe this could create a rift in Rick and Daryl's friendship, setting up Abraham to become Rick's right hand.

I know one thing - the actor that plays Joe isn't just a bum Kirkman snagged off the street. That guy has serious ability. It would be a shame to kill him off.

Nailed the Joe character. Totally agree with you dude!

Also just a guess:

Spoiler alert kinda: Heard bout a cannibal group in the comics, havent read all of em yet, but that chick behind the grill totally made me think thats what this group will be, a bunch of cannibals.

Best season so far!

illuminatus917
03-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Nailed the Joe character. Totally agree with you dude!

Also just a guess:

Spoiler alert kinda: Heard bout a cannibal group in the comics, havent read all of em yet, but that chick behind the grill totally made me think thats what this group will be, a bunch of cannibals.

Best season so far!

Yeah, there are rumors floating around that that's exactly what Terminus is - the Hunters' hang out. And that Mary might be getting ready to serve them Beth-ka-bobs.

Also:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2ezs4g8.png

All those paintings Michonne looked at were foreshadowing the fates of the groups.

The rabbit painting - Carol, Ty, Lizzie, Mika

The dog painting - Daryl and Beth

''Crazy lady with bloody mouth'' painting - Glenn, Tara, Abraham, Rosita, Eugene, Maggie, Bob and Sasha meeting Mary at the entrance gate to Terminus.

The flower painting - For all groups that find Terminus. Could hold some other meaning for Michonne, Rick and Carl. Maybe Michonne gets there and calls bullshit when she sees all the flowers and no vegetables being grown in the garden? Kind of like how she was immediately skeptical of Woodbury. Also, Lizzy's assassination scene. "Look at the flowers."

illuminatus917
03-26-2014, 12:48 PM
I expect one of the Greene sisters dead in the finale.

Sanitarium78
03-26-2014, 08:41 PM
I expect one of the Greene sisters dead in the finale.

It's got to be Beth. What the hell happened to her? I find it hard to believe she would just leave Daryl like that after what they went through together. I was thinking that Terminus might be made up of the cannibals to. They were probably the ones who took Beth and now they will serve her up to Maggie as a meal though Maggie won't know she's eating her sister. I love Lauren Cohen, so I hope they don't kill off Maggie any time soon.

illuminatus917
03-26-2014, 09:03 PM
It's got to be Beth. What the hell happened to her? I find it hard to believe she would just leave Daryl like that after what they went through together. I was thinking that Terminus might be made up of the cannibals to. They were probably the ones who took Beth and now they will serve her up to Maggie as a meal though Maggie won't know she's eating her sister. I love Lauren Cohen, so I hope they don't kill off Maggie any time soon.

I would definitely prefer it to be Beth as well. I can't get one thing out of my head though, and that's when Maggie burned the picture of herself in the last episode in front of Glen just after they had been reunited in the train tunnel. I think it might have been foreshadowing. It also wouldn't surprise me if the writers had them reunite just to rip them apart.

Maggie was also the first person to talk to Mary when they entered Terminus.

XDoomsayerX
04-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Good ending, next season shit is gonna get real.

Sanitarium78
04-03-2014, 02:17 PM
They should've had Rick say at the end that they're "fucking" with the wrong people. It just would've sounded better. They let Breaking Bad get away with using it a few times, they should've let it slide once for this show. Are they worried families might be watching this show together or something? Foul language aside, this was a good season finale but I could've done without all the flashbacks. I get what they were trying to do with them but it wasted too much time that could've been used to further what was currently going on.

I was hoping Joe and his group would stick around for next season but Rick did kill him in one of the most badass ways possible, so i'm OK with him not making it. At least Rick is back to who he needs to be again and that's trouble for the people of Terminus. I'm not sure how they'll get out of this situation but with Rick as the leader again and everybody working with him, I know they will come out of it. Rick and Abraham will no doubt clash over who's supposed to lead at first though. Except for Sasha and Bob, I don't see anybody else in this group dying yet.

Oh yeah, Beth, where the hell are you?

AnthG
04-03-2014, 02:25 PM
I don't know, Abraham did seem pretty passive when it came to listening to Glen and Eugene about stuff. I can't see him clashing with Rick TOO much.

John The Drummer
04-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Great ending... but I must agree with the overall impression... WHERE IS BETH!? I doubt she ditched Daryl, and was kidnapped or something, maybe she was hiding in the trunk of the car.... and someone drove off..... never know!

Anyways... I don't think I can wait for the next season! Such a cliffhanger. I thought Rick was just losing it when they got to Terminus, but then it all made sense when they were all joined back up.....

Natrlhi
05-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Just started watching this show, finally. Hopefully I'll catch up soon so I can actually read some of the posts in this thread, because I'm quite sure the spoilers abound here. I'm several episodes into the second season so far and I love it. For some reason, the pilot didn't resonate that much with me and I never took the time to watch the show again after that, but I finally found some time to investigate all the hype and I'm glad I did.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that when it's possible to watch multiple episodes in a row, and they keep ending every episode with these incredible cliffhangers, I just can't drag myself away. Needless to say, my sleep schedule got all fucked up over the weekend because of this damn show. :D

John The Drummer
05-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the club! :D
If you're enjoying season 2 then you should have no issue with the series at all! That season either sucks you in, or makes you hate it. That was the season that got me hooked and I loved all the attention to detail in the character development and story as a whole... wasn't just a "Zombie Shooter" and brought more to the table. Which episode are you on? There were so many moments in that season that just pissed me off or made me sit there with my jaw open...

illuminatus917
05-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Just started watching this show, finally. Hopefully I'll catch up soon so I can actually read some of the posts in this thread, because I'm quite sure the spoilers abound here. I'm several episodes into the second season so far and I love it. For some reason, the pilot didn't resonate that much with me and I never took the time to watch the show again after that, but I finally found some time to investigate all the hype and I'm glad I did.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that when it's possible to watch multiple episodes in a row, and they keep ending every episode with these incredible cliffhangers, I just can't drag myself away. Needless to say, my sleep schedule got all fucked up over the weekend because of this damn show. :D

:party: Awww shit.

This thread is about to be upgraded when Natrlhi joins in on the discussion.

Welcome to the club! :D
If you're enjoying season 2 then you should have no issue with the series at all! That season either sucks you in, or makes you hate it. That was the season that got me hooked and I loved all the attention to detail in the character development and story as a whole... wasn't just a "Zombie Shooter" and brought more to the table. Which episode are you on? There were so many moments in that season that just pissed me off or made me sit there with my jaw open...

I absolutely feel the same way. I hope Natrlhi soaks up everything that season has to offer, because all those drawn out moral debates are, in my opinion, too short lived and too unexplored in the show as a whole. The show presents a plethora of scenarios that would elicit great internal struggle within civilized people, and season one and two are the only ones that really bring that out in dialogue.

It's a special season for sure. The second season might be my favorite.

Natrlhi
05-08-2014, 05:52 PM
I agree so far. I'm about halfway through Season 2 now. The last episode I saw was the one where a bunch of secrets got exposed (SPOILER ALERT: walkers in the barn, an unplanned pregnancy, etc.). That episode alone was worth a great deal of pondering - though I must admit I'm consuming the show in large gulps (pun / imagery partially intended :)), so I don't stop to ponder much, but once I get caught up so I can read this thread safely, I'll be much better able to discuss those tasty morsels (that pun was 100% accidental ;)).

Great show, though. For sure.

On a side note, I'm also following Fargo so far, and that's one delightfully twisted little bunch of genius right there. Having the Coens aboard means that signature odd tone and atmosphere that only they can bring is in full effect. L:lovedup:ve it.

Now all I have to do is get back into Breaking Bad and finish that one off, too. :eyes:

So much good TV these days...what the fuck's up with that?!?

John The Drummer
05-08-2014, 06:15 PM
My first thought when I saw the walkers in the barn was "DAYUM THESE N WORDS BE CRAY CRAY!" but then ... well... I won't spoil anything :). Poor Greene family :(

Natrlhi
05-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Oh, snap! Very end of S2E8, and we have ourselves a little Clutchness by way of "The Regulator". Very nice. :fist:

John The Drummer
05-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Oh, snap! Very end of S2E8, and we have ourselves a little Clutchness by way of "The Regulator". Very nice. :fist:

:light:
Just as a warning, the ending of that season (second to last and last, I believe) are fuckin intense! Same with the mid-season finale.... not sure which episode that was, though, sorry :(

Sanitarium78
05-10-2014, 12:10 PM
So much good TV these days...what the fuck's up with that?!?

Way more cable stations now so there's more chances for a show to get picked up somewhere. I love it myself since there always seems to be something good to discover. It's hard to find the time to watch it all though.

You're in for some intense stuff with The Walking Dead. Especially with seasons three and four. As the series goes on it takes a darker and darker tone and the survivors become more desperate. You've still got a lot of good stuff to see in this show.

illuminatus917
07-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Did anybody see the Talking Dead episode last night that previewed the 5th season?

Natrlhi
07-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Did anybody see the Talking Dead episode last night that previewed the 5th season?

I recorded it on DVR. I'm about a third of the way through Season 4 at this point (I just finished watching the episode where it's revealed that The Governor is coming back), so hopefully I'll be up to speed soon and then I'll check out the Talking Dead thing.

John The Drummer
07-08-2014, 10:21 AM

If I would have known it was on I would have seen it :(
Probably be on On Demand shortly, I can imagine.

John The Drummer
07-20-2014, 10:08 AM

OMG THAT WAS AN AMAZING TRAILER FOR SEASON FIVE!! WOOOW.

Lol, that was lame. Good episode though, I cannot wait to see what happens to the cast, and Terminus as well. The dude that plays Garreth (?) made me really interested in his character. I guess I felt kinda empty after they were all debuted in the last episode and we didn't get much knowledge or time to really soak in what they are all about (of course they're bad people, and that weird witchcraft room....and stealing everyones belongings, and and and) but it'll be nice to see more about them!

Natrlhi
08-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Time to re-animate this thread! ;)

Finallly watched it last night, after finishing up with the last few episodes of Season 4. I'm all caught up on this phenomenal series now.

Wow, what a show. I totally misjudged this thing back when I watched the pilot and thought to myself, "meh, just another zombie show...not surprising, since zombies are supposedly so cool now". It's so much more than that, though. The special effects are truly cutting edge (no pun intended :)), the acting is excellent, and the plot writing is simply FANTASTIC. The depth of the moral and ethical dilemmas conjured up in this ongoing saga are captivating, to say the least.

I'm not much of a comic fan these days, but if I had been then I'm sure I would have had a different perspective on this series before going into it, and I certainly wouldn't have waited until the fourth season was over before getting hooked. Now, because of the series, I seriously want to read the books. It just so happens that I know where I can get a bunch of them for free, so I hope to start reading them soon. Can't wait, since I'm keenly aware that, although there are many similarities between the two, the books and the show are separate entities with different plot details that can be enjoyed exclusively of each other.

Regarding the Talking Dead episode, like John said, it was kinda lame. The primary thing that caught my attention was that one of the leading theories about the folks at Terminus is...well, let's just say it coincides with the books. If that's true, it's going to be a hell of a fifth season. :eek:

At any rate, I do think I'll enjoy watching the Talking Dead after every episode of the series when it starts up again in October (too long!). It seems like Chris Hardwick and his guests are onto a pretty cool formula with their rabid fanboy/girlism.

Sanitarium78
08-04-2014, 09:05 PM
You're completely right, Nat. This isn't just another zombie show. The focus on the human struggle to survive is what sets it apart from all the other zombie apocalypse shows/movies. The main hook to this series isn't the zombies, it's what the people have to do to survive and what lengths they will go to in order to stay alive, protect their loved ones and their possessions. This series shows exactly what I think the world would be like if a zombie apocalypse did happen. There's a reality element to this show (yes, I know it's fiction) that you just don't find a lot and there's no doubt in my mind that is one of the main reasons the show has gotten so huge.

I read over 100 issues of the comic and you're in for a treat with that. Things go down a lot differently in the comic though. They made it different enough from the TV show that neither one of them really spoil the other. In fact, I would say that there are more differences with the comic and the show then there are similarities.

Talking Dead is a good show. I can't recall a TV series ever having a "post game" show before but they've made it work here. Chris Hardwick is a good host and the guests are celebrity fans who are into the show. He even has cast members as guests to and the creator of The Walking Dead, Robert Kirkman has been on it a few times as well.

Natrlhi
08-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the comments. Great stuff.

I was having a conversation last night with my brother (who has been watching the series from the very beginning because he's not an idiot like me), and it sounded a lot like everything you said above. What I would add to it, though, is that in addition to all of the human struggle and dramatic aspects of the show that I agree are at the core of its success, it is still a damn good zombie story to boot. Not only are the special effects groundbreaking (I mean, why wouldn't they be with the legendary Greg Nicotero at the forefront of it all?), but the actors who play the zombies are top notch, and the background score, sound editing and camera work are all fantastic as well. Not only does the show make me think, but it scares the shit out of me at the same time. Only a truly phenomenal show could deliver all of those elements in one package.

John The Drummer
08-05-2014, 11:14 AM
but the actors who play the zombies are top notch,

Except for that one who was seen the background drinking water during one of the shots :lol:

Welcome to the addiction! Its such a captivating show. So many people thnk "oh just another zombie show, cool", but there is just so much extra to it. I think the most horrifying and shocking scenes have been ones that didn't involve zombies at all (when Carol, Tyreese and the sisters were taking refuge at that house.....)

Natrlhi
08-05-2014, 11:43 AM
...when Carol, Tyreese and the sisters were taking refuge at that house.....)

Yeah, that rocked me to the core. I kinda saw it coming with the comments she had been making up to that point, but I just figured she was going to let one of the walkers scratch her so she would turn and - according to her theory - still be OK afterward. I never thought she would do what she actually did.

...and then there was what happened afterward, which was even more shocking and horrifying (because the decision was made by people who were supposedly fully sane), but if you think about it, what the hell else were they gonna do? They couldn't very well travel around in a post-zombie-apocalyptic world with a tiny psychopath who had already said that she was planning to do the same thing to Judith. They really had no choice.

That's why I like the show so much - it creatively uses the concept of a zombie apocalypse to change the rules of society and then asks challenging questions about what happens to morality and ethics when survival is often the sole - or at least primary - factor in most of the major decisions people make.

illuminatus917
08-07-2014, 09:29 PM
...and then there was what happened afterward, which was even more shocking and horrifying (because the decision was made by people who were supposedly fully sane), but if you think about it, what the hell else were they gonna do? They couldn't very well travel around in a post-zombie-apocalyptic world with a tiny psychopath who had already said that she was planning to do the same thing to Judith. They really had no choice.

Carol is becoming the Andrea the show never had. Which is a bit of a shame, because I think Andrea could have been a better Andrea than Carol can be. She's taking on her role to some degree. The show is drawing parallels to the comic using Carol's character instead of Andrea's, and it's really interesting the way they're doing it.

Carol's character has never fully clicked with me. I think her communication skills are extremely poor. Maybe Lizzy was, as Rick said in that one episode, "too far gone" by the time Carol was in a position to influence her, but I feel like Carol could have put much more effort into Lizzy's rehabilitation than she did before deciding execution was the solution. Then again I might need to re-watch season 4 (a lot has happened since the spring and the show is not fresh on my mind), but I distinctly remember feeling that way after the "just look at the flowers" episode. Thinking, "I doubt Dale would have been on board with that."

You know, I really disliked Andrea when she was on screen. I liked aspects of her character, but found her, overall, pretty exasperating. Now I wish she was still part of the series. I just don't think Carol can bring the weight Andrea could.

Still though, Carol might have come the farthest, in terms of character development, of anyone on the show.

Sanitarium78
10-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Is everyone ready? The season premier is a week from tonight:party:

John The Drummer
10-05-2014, 06:15 PM
I'm so ready! It better live up to the hype because it sounds like it could be fucking amazing!!!!!!

Sanitarium78
10-12-2014, 07:52 PM
So, that was awesome. I'm guessing after all the action in this one, the next few episodes will be a little slower paced now that they're back out on the road again. I didn't expect them to get out of Terminus that fast. I thought it would be a few episodes before that happened. A great start to the season.

adamclark52
10-12-2014, 07:58 PM
This was only the second or third time I've ever watched it and I really enjoyed it, although I know that the average episode doesn't have that much action. That scene with Tyreese being forced out to face the Walkers was brutal. You didn't get to see any of it but seeing the aftermath was awesome. And it's been bugging me all night but was that guy who was lying dead on a table in the room where the Terminus guys were hitting guys in the head and slitting their throats someone we're supposed to know? He looked really familiar.

I've wanted to get in to the Walking Dead since it started but there are just too many damn commercials and I don't have a PVR or anything. And parts of it do creep me out legit.

John The Drummer
10-12-2014, 09:20 PM
I can't watch it tonight, but definitely will be making up for it tomorrow! So stoked for this new season!!!!

300%_Density
10-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Being out of Terminus feels like missed opportunity. Slowly built up for over half of last season and then they are just in and out? Didn't make Terminus feel that threatening.

Sanitarium78
10-13-2014, 09:58 AM
Being out of Terminus feels like missed opportunity. Slowly built up for over half of last season and then they are just in and out? Didn't make Terminus feel that threatening.

That opening sequence certainly made Terminus seem threatenting to me. I thought they might stay there for a few episodes but i'm fine with them getting out right away. After spending so much time on the farm and in the prison, i'm OK with them just being on the road again without a home. I gives the show a different feel to it and it really drives home the point that there is no safe haven anymore.

XDoomsayerX
10-13-2014, 12:00 PM

The peeps of Terminus aint gone though. If you read the comics you know where the show is going.

Good episode but dat Marvel-like post credits scene holy fuck tits! :eek:

John The Drummer
10-13-2014, 02:35 PM
^^^ I was going to say... the trailer for this Season had a whole lot of the Terminus guys in it still. Still haven't seen the new one yet, but hoping to catch up tonight! Does AMC stream it on their website?

XDoomsayerX
10-13-2014, 03:29 PM
^^^ I was going to say... the trailer for this Season had a whole lot of the Terminus guys in it still. Still haven't seen the new one yet, but hoping to catch up tonight! Does AMC stream it on their website?

Depends but I dont think AMC does that.

http://series-cravings.tv/walking-dead-season-5-episode-1-sanctuary

:D

Coma323
10-13-2014, 04:42 PM
Good episode but dat Marvel-like post credits scene holy fuck tits! :eek:

I just downloaded the episode just to watch this since I always turn it off right when it ends to avoid the spoilers from next week...

But yeah, damn...

John The Drummer
10-13-2014, 08:22 PM
AMC streams it on their site... but its slow as fucking shit :bouville:

John The Drummer
10-14-2014, 09:23 AM
Jesus christ :wow:

Finally was able to get through the episode last night.... that beginning was intense. My stream kept losing quality then gaining then losing, so the intro looked a lot like a snuff film :lol:

When they kept doing flashbacks of Terminus... I wasn't really understanding what they were about (the stream issues I were having made it hard to follow). Was Terminus once an actual good place until some people came and took it over? I really cannot wait to see where this season goes! Woodbury was bad... but jesus tapdancing christ on a totempole, Terminus were just fucking crazy!!!!

Sanitarium78
10-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Jesus christ :wow:

Finally was able to get through the episode last night.... that beginning was intense. My stream kept losing quality then gaining then losing, so the intro looked a lot like a snuff film :lol:

When they kept doing flashbacks of Terminus... I wasn't really understanding what they were about (the stream issues I were having made it hard to follow). Was Terminus once an actual good place until some people came and took it over? I really cannot wait to see where this season goes! Woodbury was bad... but jesus tapdancing christ on a totempole, Terminus were just fucking crazy!!!!

Yes, it seems that at first Terminus was a safe home for anyone who came to it. But, I guess their food supply ran low so they turned to cannibalism at some point. They dropped some subtle hints during the episode and on Taking Dead one of the people involved with the show said that at one time Terminus was a sanctuary. He didn't give much detail about it but it looks like we will probably get some more flashbacks to what really happened there in the next few episodes.

adamclark52
10-14-2014, 09:56 AM
I gotta try to remember to watch this show from here on. I hate jumping into a show so late but I really enjoyed that episode the other night. I just wish there weren't so many commercials.

John The Drummer
10-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Yes, it seems that at first Terminus was a safe home for anyone who came to it. But, I guess their food supply ran low so they turned to cannibalism at some point. They dropped some subtle hints during the episode and on Taking Dead one of the people involved with the show said that at one time Terminus was a sanctuary. He didn't give much detail about it but it looks like we will probably get some more flashbacks to what really happened there in the next few episodes.

Yeah, that *ahem* meat cellar was just intense, and the intro led me to believe there was more reason for them doing that other then the fact they were just trying to kill them... since it was pretty much like a slaughterhouse. I do wish they had spent a liiiiiiiiiiitle more time holding our hands through what they were really about, but I think one episode of them breaking out was good enough, plus the rest of the season, as stated, will likely give away some more info.

I can't wait to find out what happened to Beth... its about time she gets a bigger role.... but I have a strong feeling that she will be the big kill off at the end of the season :eyes:

XDoomsayerX
10-14-2014, 12:19 PM
Y'all dont read the comics?

It makes sense that the peeps of Terminus wasnt the whole or even half the season.

MPF
10-14-2014, 12:22 PM
All caught up now.

The new episode was fantastic. In the comics, terminus was as far as I got before I stopped reading so it'll be interesting to see where things go from here.

I remember the last scene before the credits where they are walking on the traintracks thinking "Yup, there is too many people in the group now. People are going to die Next Sunday." :lol:

AnthG
10-14-2014, 05:32 PM
I watched the last couple of episodes of Season 4 again, or at least bits and pieces to search for stuff, and then watched Season 5's premiere, and I have to ask: Was it ever explicitly stated that the people of Terminus are cannibals? Or is it just something that's known that the group discovers by the evidence, and through lines like "you're either the cattle or the butcher"?

Also, i'm shocked they were able to get past censors with how graphic that first few minutes were.

John The Drummer
10-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Not necessarily, BUT....

Hiding to non-spoil, from what I got from it was....
bleeding out the people at the beginning, that meat locker.... full of human flesh, the cutting of the leg (drumstick?) or whatever in the slaughter room, the BBQing lady when they first arrived in season 4, the fact they keep everyone locked up like cattle... etc. Obviously none of those are "HEY WE EAT PEOPLE".... but I mean... after reviewing that and reading what others have posted here, its pretty much a given.

SignoftheHammer
10-15-2014, 10:30 AM
Loved the first episode of this season. Pretty much sets the mood of what S5 will be like :D

On a side note, is anyone else caught up in the comics? The ending of the last one was quite a shocker. Next issue comes out next Wednesday!

adamclark52
10-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Those "water-walkers" were pretty insane last night. I loved the one with his face dripping off.

And even before I went to the Walking Dead wiki and read some of the comic backstory I had Gabriel figured out (if that's the route they take).

John The Drummer
10-20-2014, 10:17 PM
The whole episode was really good... but that ending.... :eek:

John The Drummer
10-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Itd be really funny if Bob got bit on his leg, then when the Terminus guys cut it off and were eating it they got infected :lol:

Sanitarium78
10-21-2014, 09:29 AM
Itd be really funny if Bob got bit on his leg, then when the Terminus guys cut it off and were eating it they got infected :lol:

It doesn't matter if Bob was bitten, everyone is infected no matter what. Did you miss when Rick revealed that at the end of season 2? The guy at the CDC in season one told him that.

This was another pretty good episode. This story with the priest and the cannibals is taken right from the comic. It's one of the best stories from it, so I hope they don't deviate too much from the comic with it. This was how the cannibals first appeared in the comics to. The big difference is that the character they went after first and BBQed the leg of was actually someone who mattered and people liked unlike Bob who's been completely useless on the show.

John The Drummer
10-21-2014, 10:27 AM
I know THAT.... but... goddammit just nevermind I'm over thinking this fictional show >___<

I was listening to a post-show podcast discussion of it and they lead onto the Church not being what it really seems, in the comics. I really want to know what it may end up being, and the "You Will Burn For This" etching on the side to ME coul dhave just been some angry person blaming religion and God on the whole outbreak.

adamclark52
10-21-2014, 10:49 AM
I know THAT.... but... goddammit just nevermind I'm over thinking this fictional show >___<

I was listening to a post-show podcast discussion of it and they lead onto the Church not being what it really seems, in the comics. I really want to know what it may end up being, and the "You Will Burn For This" etching on the side to ME coul dhave just been some angry person blaming religion and God on the whole outbreak.

I read a bit on Gabriel's backstory in the comics online. I can PM you the spoiler if you want. Then again, they could change it.

John The Drummer
10-21-2014, 10:53 AM
I love me some spoilers :D

AnthG
10-21-2014, 12:29 PM
It doesn't matter if Bob was bitten, everyone is infected no matter what. Did you miss when Rick revealed that at the end of season 2? The guy at the CDC in season one told him that.

Everyone's infected and will become a walker when they die, but if you are bitten by a walker and don't die, you'll still become infected. Just like if they munched on some infected flesh, they would have become infected themselves even if they didn't die first.

Sanitarium78
10-21-2014, 08:09 PM
Everyone's infected and will become a walker when they die, but if you are bitten by a walker and don't die, you'll still become infected. Just like if they munched on some infected flesh, they would have become infected themselves even if they didn't die first.

That's true. Being bitten or eating infected flesh just speeds up the process. The cannibals check for bite marks, so they make sure not to eat someone who's been bitten.

John The Drummer
10-21-2014, 08:25 PM
I don't think wading through water that walkers have been in for how many months? Years? Is any better than just being bit. One of them had to have had a scratch or a scar or some sort of wound that could easily have gotten some nasty disease from that water....

SCIENCE N SHIT.

adamclark52
10-26-2014, 07:18 PM
So I don't know the show too well and can't speak on its pacing, but did they not move a little quick with the Terminus guys?

300%_Density
10-27-2014, 11:57 AM
So I don't know the show too well and can't speak on its pacing, but did they not move a little quick with the Terminus guys?

I think maybe a little. It was discussed on Talking Dead that some thought the Terminus leader Guy (forgot name) could've possibly been a governor type character that hangs around for awhile.

I Thought he could've hung on a little longer possibly. Wasn't a huge fan of last nights episode. Hope next week picks up a little more.

John The Drummer
10-27-2014, 09:28 PM
I thought it was a solid episode, but definitely felt like they got rid of Terminus a bit too fast. Those guys were insane and could have been far worse than the governor. I like how they got rid of them, but definitely could have lasted quite a bit longer.... maybe this means there will be a bigger threat this season instead?

300%_Density
11-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Well I don't even know where to start. That episode was different but solid. Nice to see Beth. Wasn't interested in a whole Beth episode but I guess they needed the full hour to tell the story. So many questions to be answered next week. Last week wasn't great but this week was a step up.

adamclark52
11-02-2014, 07:20 PM
I dunno, I really hate hospital dramas. This was better than the norm but I can live with it.

John The Drummer
11-04-2014, 03:38 PM
This weeks episode felt very empty. I feel they could have made the Beth story more solid. Did they even say why they took her? The whole episode just felt like filler (abuot time this season has an episode like that! :lol: ) but dat ending :eek:

Now for the big question that will probably be answered next week... WHO DID DARYL RETURN TO THE CHURCH WITH!?!?!?!? Maybe it was the black guy that escape?

300%_Density
11-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Forgot about the black guy. But did Darryl ever meet him?

John The Drummer
11-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Forgot about the black guy. But did Darryl ever meet him?
I'm talking about the black guy that escaped from the hospital. Daryl could have met him when he was out with Carol looking for Beth.

As for the other Black Guy, I don't think he ever met him, but it could as hell be him too!

Coma323
11-04-2014, 04:42 PM
I thought for sure they would be farther away from Atlanta at this point.

Sanitarium78
11-05-2014, 09:51 AM
I thought for sure they would be farther away from Atlanta at this point.

It would seem like it but in the first season they went to the CDC which took them out of Atlanta and I think they had to double back towards Atlanta after that. Then they spent so much time on Herschel's farm and then the prison which weren't that far from each other. It looked like terminus was in the same general area and going there could have brought them closer to Atlanta again to. So, they maybe closer than we think or the people who took Beth were traveling extremely far to find survivors. Also, most of their travel has been on foot. So, while they are on the move a lot, they're not gonna get as far by walking as they would with a vehicle.

The person with Daryl i'm sure is the black guy who got out of the hospital. He probably told him about Beth and Daryl brought him back so they could get everyone else to help get Beth and Carol out.

adamclark52
11-10-2014, 09:19 AM
If *I* was Eugene I'd have been a lot more chatty with Tara in the bookstore. Lesbian or not you know she was up for it.

Sanitarium78
11-10-2014, 10:01 AM
If *I* was Eugene I'd have been a lot more chatty with Tara in the bookstore. Lesbian or not you know she was up for it.

True but Eugene is a socially awkward nerd, he would've never picked up on any signal unless Tara came right out and said "do me now!!"

Pretty solid show last night. It was nice to see them go a little into the back round of Abraham. Since i've read the comic, I knew what Eugene's big secret was, I just didn't think they would reveal it that quickly though. Everything's gotta move a little faster on TV I suppose.

300%_Density
11-10-2014, 11:34 AM
I understand the fact you have to tell backstory to set the story and explain peoples actions but the only thing I'm a little tired of is the last 2 or 3 episodes have all been going backwards. I'm Ok showing the occasional backstory but it's been going backwards. It'd be nice for them to actually move forward.

Even though I'm not a fan of going in reverse it was a good episode. Never read comic so the Eugene story was a shock to me.

illuminatus917
11-13-2014, 04:36 PM
the Eugene story was a shock to me.

It was?

I have a lower opinion of everyone in the group for not calling bullshit on him episodes ago when he talked his vapid drivel.

Sanitarium78
11-13-2014, 09:05 PM
It was?

I have a lower opinion of everyone in the group for not calling bullshit on him episodes ago when he talked his vapid drivel.

I think everyone still wanted to believe that there's a cure and a chance for the world to somewhat return to how it was before everything happened. Given everything this group has been through, it makes them all look stupid to just blindly follow Eugene and not try to call him out on his story. I know Abraham was emotionally venerable when he met Eugene since he just found his family dead. So, at least it's understandable that he would believe Eugene since it gave Abraham a reason to go on after his family was gone. Rick and the rest of his crew believing Eugene is inexcusable though.

Maggie and Glen left Rick to go with Eugene. What the fuck is that shit? I've liked this season a lot so far but the biggest thing bothering me is Maggie and Glen leaving Rick and everyone else to go with this guy who had given them no reason to trust him.

John The Drummer
11-14-2014, 10:18 AM
He has a mullet... what isn't there to trust?

Watched it last night.... poor Eugene, what he did was a dick move, but that ending, oof.... that was actually quite hard to watch! So where do they go from here!?

John The Drummer
11-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Caught up with the most recent episode, good stuff! I didn't realize that it was Carol that got hit by the car, thought it was just a walker (I think I got up to plug my laptop into the wall). Really good and exciting (in a relaxed way) episode!

adamclark52
11-22-2014, 11:37 PM
My dad ripped me the entire series. I went through all of season one tonight.

I really liked the mood of the first episode when Rick was in the house with Morgan and his son. And I liked any parts in the city. The parts at the camp kind of bored me. For some reason I can't watch Lori Grimes. Maybe because I've heard nothing but negativity towards her. But any time there's a "serious" scene with her in it, or any scene for that matter, I just fast-forward. I honestly could care a less about whatever's going on between her and Rick and Shane.

I don't know if it's the rips my dad got but there was some really inappropriate music in this season. The end of the second(?) episode when Glenn was driving the car, the end of the first episode when Rick was in the tank and a few other parts where music that wasn't the ominous soundtrack.

But overall I liked the first season. I'll probably hit season two next weekend and I'll hopefully burn through the entire series by the end of the year.

And for the record; in a zombie apocalypse I would not last. I have Type-1 Diabetes and I'm sure insulin would be hard to come by. So depending on what's in my fridge the day it hits I may have three to five months before that runs out. After it's done I honestly have no idea what would happen to me. But it would give me enough time to teach my boys to kill and we'd go all out!

John The Drummer
11-23-2014, 12:27 AM
Everyone hated Season 2... but I felt it was an important Season because it was all about character building...and the end of it was just fucking intense. If you don't mind slow moving shows, then you're in for a treat! That was the Season that I started with.

adamclark52
11-23-2014, 07:53 AM
Everyone hated Season 2... but I felt it was an important Season because it was all about character building...and the end of it was just fucking intense. If you don't mind slow moving shows, then you're in for a treat! That was the Season that I started with.

Yeah, my mom and Honest Trailers said the same thing. If Green Bay isn't on TV today I'll probably burn like five more episodes. My wife went out with the kids and it's the perfect time.

John The Drummer
11-24-2014, 08:36 AM
Its not a bad season at all, just very slow paced.