PDA

View Full Version : New Iced Earth album entitled "Plagues Of Babylon"

Travis The Dragon
10-11-2013, 02:31 PM
I did a search for both Iced Earth and Plagues Of Babylon and nothing came up so I'm assuming a thread for this hasn't been started yet.

Here (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iced-earth-lyric-video-for-plagues-of-babylon-title-track/) are the details on the album along with the title track available for streaming. I'm just loving what I've heard so far! Also, I can't get over how much Stu Block sounds like Matt Barlow which is perfectly fine by me because I love Matt's voice and it helps IE retain their original sound and style.

Sanitarium78
10-12-2013, 09:09 AM
I like the song and video. Some cool visuals there.

the deathmetaler
10-12-2013, 10:18 AM
I think the song sounds absolutely incredible. Great guitar tone and Stu's vocals are just amazing. I can't wait to hear more of the record.

ravenheart
10-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Predictably, it's sounds like, and just as good as, Dystopia. Nothing surprising there.

12" EP of three new songs is available on the Volbeat European tour.

the deathmetaler
10-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Predictably, it's sounds like, and just as good as, Dystopia. Nothing surprising there.

12" EP of three new songs is available on the Volbeat European tour.

Hopefully someone will upload them onto YouTube. I am dying to hear them.

the deathmetaler
12-06-2013, 03:21 PM
New album/tour teaser. Whatever that new song is, it sounds absolutely killer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4QeOBChcDw

SomewhereInTime72
12-06-2013, 09:10 PM
^Pretty much just showing us a riff and a half, but it sounded pretty sick... I'm not a big fan of really watered down teasers like this generally though.

Sanitarium78
12-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Another new song, Among The Living Dead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5-RvUzUdHc#t=112

I'm getting a Burnt Offering's/Horror Show vibe from these new songs:rocker:

the deathmetaler
12-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Another new song, Among The Living Dead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5-RvUzUdHc#t=112

I'm getting a Burnt Offering's/Horror Show vibe from these new songs:rocker:

I was thinking the exact same thing dude. I cannot wait for this album. It's gonna be killer.

BlindGuardian93
12-27-2013, 03:42 PM
New album is streaming on Spotify.

Pretty damn good

gilpdawg
12-28-2013, 12:28 AM
New album is streaming on Spotify.

Pretty damn good
Ahead of the release? That's kind of odd, but cool. I know bands do that sometimes, but not usually on Spotify where it's good quality and stuff.

Sanitarium78
12-28-2013, 07:25 AM
The album has leaked. This is way ahead of schedule, almost a month until it's supposed to be released in North America. Maybe there's an earlier release date in Europe? Usually when albums leak this far in advance that's the case. Of course, streaming the whole album on Spotify probably helped the leak to come faster.

Alduin
01-06-2014, 04:19 PM
The album has leaked. This is way ahead of schedule, almost a month until it's supposed to be released in North America. Maybe there's an earlier release date in Europe? Usually when albums leak this far in advance that's the case. Of course, streaming the whole album on Spotify probably helped the leak to come faster.

I'm almost positive its a Spotify rip, but anways, it's pretty fuckin awesome, alot more memorable and epic then they last one, probably the best since Horror Show.

Plus I guess Hansi from Blind Guardian does the background vocals on like 5 songs

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
01-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Plus I guess Hansi from Blind Guardian does the background vocals on like 5 songs

Yuck.

ravenheart
01-07-2014, 09:29 AM
it's pretty fuckin awesome, alot more memorable and epic then they last one, probably the best since Horror Show.

Totally disagree. It's Iced Earth by numbers. Pretty boring. I was really hoping they'd try some new stuff.

'Parasite' is pretty sweet. The rest... just meh. There are several songs which kick off with great intros and just when I think it's going to turn into an interesting song it just drops everything cool about the start and goes into ordinary Iced Earth stuff.

And Highwayman just plain sucks :(

Alduin
01-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Totally disagree. It's Iced Earth by numbers. Pretty boring. I was really hoping they'd try some new stuff.

'Parasite' is pretty sweet. The rest... just meh. There are several songs which kick off with great intros and just when I think it's going to turn into an interesting song it just drops everything cool about the start and goes into ordinary Iced Earth stuff.

And Highwayman just plain sucks :(

I feel like they experimented a bit with the verses on the first half of the album, but most of the choruses are pretty bland. I still like this album a hell of alot more then the last one, at least there is nothing as vomit worthy as Anguish of Youth

ravenheart
01-07-2014, 04:30 PM
I feel like they experimented a bit with the verses on the first half of the album, but most of the choruses are pretty bland. I still like this album a hell of alot more then the last one, at least there is nothing as vomit worthy as Anguish of Youth

I think they tried out far more new verse melodies on Dystopia. And at least that album actually had choruses. Half of this album starts bland, has no hook, and ends bland. The rest start great, have no hooks, and end bland. It's Iced Earth tribute band stuff.

Highwaymen is far worse than Anguish of Youth (which is actually a pretty decent song, different style for them, just let down by cheesy lyrics). I can't actually think of many Iced Earth songs from any album that are worse than Highwaymen.

They're lucky The Crucible of Man also sucked. At least that means there was no streak for this album to ruin.

Sanitarium78
01-08-2014, 01:30 PM
I think this album is pretty good. The only song I don't care for is "If I Could See You". Really bad, sappy ballad right there. Yeah, they aren't breaking much new ground here, but I don't expect them to at this point. All I want is for Iced Earth to be Iced Earth and deliver another solid album and that's what they did here. This album doesn't have the same energy as Dystopia. That album was truly a rebirth for the band, but just because Plagues isn't on the same level as Dystopia doesn't mean it's a bad album.

ravenheart
01-09-2014, 03:32 AM
Not being as good as Dystopia would be acceptable. But being boring isn't.

Sanitarium78
01-09-2014, 06:13 AM
Not being as good as Dystopia would be acceptable. But being boring isn't.

I don't find it boring at all. How many times have you listened to it so far? It took me five or six to really start getting into it.

ravenheart
01-09-2014, 06:28 AM
I don't find it boring at all. How many times have you listened to it so far? It took me five or six to really start getting into it.

Twice. I'll give it more before settling on it, but so far I've heard absolutely nothing in it at all except the godawfulness of the last track.