PDA

View Full Version : Avenged Sevenfold -- Cincinnati, OH -- October 6th, 2013

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-07-2013, 10:03 AM
10-06-13
US Bank Arena
Hail To The King Tour

I didn't go. Credit goes to setlist.fm for the information. Thought some on here would want to see what the bands were playing on this tour:

Ghost:
Infestissumam
Per Aspera ad Inferi
Con Clavi Con Dio
Stand by Him
Prime Mover
Year Zero
Ritual
Monstrance Clock

Deftones:
Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Rosemary
Poltergeist
Tempest
Swerve City
Change (In the House of Flies)
Birthmark
Engine No. 9

Note: Lhabia, Birthmark, Be Quiet And Drive, and Passenger are songs that appear to be changing in the Deftones set for the first 3 shows of this tour.

A7X:
Shepherd of Fire
Critical Acclaim
Welcome to the Family
Hail to the King
Doing Time
Buried Alive
Fiction
Nightmare
This Means War
Afterlife
Guitar Solo / Band Jam Session
Requiem
Bat Country
Encore:
Chapter Four
Unholy Confessions

InFlamesOfBirchmen
10-07-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm really surprised at the length of the Ghost set; good for them!

The Deftones set is pretty standard, but any Deftones set is a good set.

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Good A7X set, though take out Fiction and replace it with Beast And The Harlot and switch something out for Coming Home.

AnthG
10-07-2013, 04:20 PM
I think the biggest surprise in that Deftones set is that 7 Words wasn't played.

dcmetal108
10-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Good A7X set, though take out Fiction and replace it with Beast And The Harlot and switch something out for Coming Home.

That'll never happen since they play Fiction as tribute to the Rev.

PVH5150
10-07-2013, 05:29 PM
I might drop 25 bucks on a nosebleed ticket just to walk around the Garden in Ghost facepaint scaring the A7X fangirls.

TonyD
10-07-2013, 07:40 PM
I might drop 25 bucks on a nosebleed ticket just to walk around the Garden in Ghost facepaint scaring the A7X fangirls.

Like they don't see that at Hot Topic already...

Palabra de Dios
10-08-2013, 03:08 AM
Like they don't see that at Hot Topic already...

Don't know if that would work. I kind of think the A7X fanboys/girls would eat up their "hail Satan" schtick with ease.

imanidiot777
10-08-2013, 07:55 AM
I must be the odd man out, but I always want to hear other songs on albums than everyone else. I would LOVE to see them play Planets. That song is sick.

And I totally agree about the Beast and the Harlot comment; that song is a must.

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-09-2013, 10:23 AM
That'll never happen since they play Fiction as tribute to the Rev.

If not Fiction than Buried Alive, Beast And The Harlot is one of Avenged's best and always needs to be in the set.

velvetgrass
10-09-2013, 12:41 PM
No love for Seize The Day here? I saw them live for the second time last Thursday on October 3, in Rosemont, Illinois. But they didn't play that song either time I saw them. Although, it was great to see Chapter Four live at the show last week though.

NickLed19
10-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Chapter Four is the best A7X song.

TheNobleFaceHumper
10-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Chapter Four is the best A7X song.

I'd say it's their 3rd best personally, Second Heartbeat and IWSYT Part1 are 1 and two, but all 3 are awesome songs.

To bad they can't properly play Chapter Four anymore, when they played it at the Tampa Uproar festival date, they sang the entire song, no screaming at all.

NickLed19
10-09-2013, 10:04 PM
I'd say it's their 3rd best personally, Second Heartbeat and IWSYT Part1 are 1 and two, but all 3 are awesome songs.

To bad they can't properly play Chapter Four anymore, when they played it at the Tampa Uproar festival date, they sang the entire song, no screaming at all.

So weak.

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-10-2013, 11:55 AM

I gotta say I don't really like their pre-City Of Evil stuff, except for maybe Chapter Four and Unholy Confessions.The band said themselves that they didn't like to scream so you can't really bash them for it.

TheNobleFaceHumper
10-10-2013, 12:56 PM
I gotta say I don't really like their pre-City Of Evil stuff, except for maybe Chapter Four and Unholy Confessions.The band said themselves that they didn't like to scream so you can't really bash them for it.

I'm not bashing them for not wanting to scream anymore, but don't play their old music that has screaming in it if they're not going too.

Play the song the way it's suppose to be or don't play it.

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-10-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm not bashing them for not wanting to scream anymore, but don't play their old music that has screaming in it if they're not going too.

Ok agreed, scrap Chapter Four and Unholy Confessions for Coming Home and Beast And The Harlot than :).

AnthG
10-10-2013, 03:25 PM

Kind of like when Trivium played all their Ascendancy songs without screaming during the Crusade era, because Heafy never liked screaming and only did it because he didn't know how to sing before...until Shogun came out which had screaming, and then the Ascendancy songs were played with screaming again, and then In waves came out and that had screaming...

TheNobleFaceHumper
10-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Ok agreed, scrap Chapter Four and Unholy Confessions for Coming Home and Beast And The Harlot than :).

Or........

I Won't See You Tonight Part 1 and M.I.A

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Or........

No, nothing pre-City Of Evil.In fact, they should just play all of City Of Evil :D.

NickLed19
10-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Or........

Part 1 and 2.

TheNobleFaceHumper
10-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Nah, MIA > Part 2