PDA

View Full Version : Favorite three songs off HELL AWAITS.

Sepultura69
10-06-2013, 07:31 PM
http://hardandheavy.com.br/ptbr/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/slayer-hell_awaits.jpg

HELL AWAITS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thdnJtp1RM0

In celebration of seeing POINT FIVE-Layer I figure i should dish out another poll. Already did reign, south, god hates us all. Now, HELL AWAITS.

LET THE VOTES...Begin...NOW :rocker:

Yours truly: At Dawn they Sleep, Hell Awaits, Necrophiliac tied with Kill Again

HONORABLE MENTION: Hardening of the arteries.

Such a fucking classic album. I hope to see some of these songs get played when I see them in a couple more weeks. :drool:

christopher
10-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Speaking of this album, I would LOVE it if they played Hardening of the Arteries followed by Hell Awaits in a few weeks!! :rocker:

Sepultura69
10-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Speaking of this album, I would LOVE it if they played Hardening of the Arteries followed by Hell Awaits in a few weeks!! :rocker:

I read somewhere that they're trying to make this upcoming North America tour "special" with deep rare cuts that they don't usually play with a super cool stage set up. If that's the case I really hope they play "live undead" off South of Heaven, and "Necrophilliac" off Hell awaits. I will probably shit a brick if that happens. I'm so fucking pumped for the Hollywood show. It will definitely make up for that shitty time that I had at Mayhem fest. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Scott at the show. :hmm:

PowerMaiden
10-06-2013, 07:54 PM
I read somewhere that they're trying to make this upcoming North America tour "special" with deep rare cuts that they don't usually play with a super cool stage set up. :

I read that too !

back to topic, my favourite Slayer album, all 10/10 songs
but my fave are

1. Hell Awaits (my favourite Slayer song)
2. At Dawn They Sleep
3. Necrophiliac

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Sepultura69
10-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Yours truly: At Dawn they Sleep, Hell Awaits, Necrophiliac tied with Kill Again

1. Hell Awaits (my favourite Slayer song)
2. At Dawn They Sleep
3. Necrophiliac

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Great minds think alike. :rocker:

PowerMaiden
10-06-2013, 08:06 PM
next would be for me.

4. Crypts Of Eternity
5. Kill Again
6. Praise Of Death
7. Hardening Of The Arteries

but really, they are all amazing songs

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Alduin
10-06-2013, 08:32 PM
1.Crypts of Eternity
2.Praise of Death
3. Kill again

call me crazy but Ive never really liked the title track that much

JRA
10-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Kill Again
At Dawn They Sleep

and I'm actually going to give Crypts of Eternity a vote because of how underrated it is.

But they totally need to bring back Kill Again.

"Has everyone heard Kill Again enough times? Didn't think so."

-Ultraboris

OraclesofAgony
10-07-2013, 01:08 AM
The title track is unmatched, but Praise Of Death is a close second! With At Dawn They Sleep not far off.

ravenheart
10-07-2013, 05:47 AM
Hard to choose, they all sound the same.

IrritatedTrout
10-07-2013, 06:14 AM

Close to how I feel as well. :lol:

El Gordo
10-07-2013, 06:56 AM

Close to how I feel as well. :lol:

Lol that was my opinion after I had only given it a listen or two. It's one of the absolute best early thrash albums, I'd recommend giving it another shot.

ravenheart
10-07-2013, 07:20 AM
I'm (mostly) trolling. The one where every song sounds the same is Reign In Blood, obviously.

On this album, I absolutely love the title track, but after that I prefer most of Show No Mercy.

El Gordo
10-07-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm (mostly) trolling. The one where every song sounds the same is Reign In Blood, obviously.

On this album, I absolutely love the title track, but after that I prefer most of Show No Mercy.

Nice trolling! Lol, you're right about RiB too...

DisposableJustice
10-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Hell Awaits, Kill Again and Nercophiliac with at Dawn They Sleep tied with Nerco

and Kill Again needs to come back, like now; such a great song

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-07-2013, 12:12 PM
and Kill Again needs to come back, like now; such a great song

Absolutely!

Kill Again
Hell Awaits
Praise of Death

Alduin
10-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Im really surprised about the lack of love for crypts of Eternity, It has my all time favourite chorus of any Slayer song ever

JRA
10-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Yeah its got a fun chorus, the middle break is awesome too.

I think part of the problem with the songs besides the title track, ADTS and Necro is kind of a chicken or the egg quandry. On the one hand, they play those songs live because they are popular, but Slayer songs really only become popular if they're played live.

Die By The Sword, Black Magic and The Antichrist are all fantastic songs, but I don't think they would have become known as the "hits" of Show No Mercy if they weren't on Decade of Aggression.

hellawaits77ny
10-11-2013, 07:43 AM
I'm on par with many:

Hell Awaits (obviously :D)
At Dawn They Sleep
Necrophiliac

And to finish off

Kill Again
Praise of Death
Crypts
Hardening

My 2nd favorite Slayer album, and one of the most "evil" sounding records of thrash metal.