PDA

View Full Version : White Wizzard Kicks Out Singer (Again!)

Spiner202
10-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Joseph Michael didn't perform their show tonight, so they kicked him out. Luckily, the band happens to be touring with one of their old singers, so he did some songs, and Jon did others. There's a few status updates about it on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteWizzard?fref=ts

These guys are one of my favourite bands, and I love everything they've put out, but this is so hilarious.

anomynous
10-05-2013, 08:27 PM
This band is a joke

mankvill
10-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Would still see them over Holy Grail

rjturtle9
10-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Joseph's story is very different from what is on the White Wizzard page.

Nater
10-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Is there a place I can read Joseph's side? I'd like to believe the Wizzard but their track record says otherwise because they are the only modern band I know to go through more singers then drowning pool

rjturtle9
10-05-2013, 10:00 PM
It's on his Facebook. Id copy and paste it here but I'm on my phone. Here's a link to his page though.

https://m.facebook.com/joseph.michaelfurney?__user=100001831807908

Onioner
10-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Both Jon and Joseph are both very intense personalities. I'm not believing a word until we see or hear something from both Will and Jake.

Spiner202
10-06-2013, 05:26 AM
I'm not sure who is correct, but the fact that the people keep getting kicked out doesn't mean Joseph is right. I think it's mostly the fact that Jon is a total perfectionist and feels very strongly about the band and their music.

I tend to believe Jon, only because I don't think he wants people to keep leaving the band. He seems like he really wants to make it doing this, and changing singers is one of the worst things you can do as a band.

Spiner202
10-10-2013, 01:19 PM
And both guitarists are gone.

Bring on the next lineup!

anomynous
10-10-2013, 01:26 PM
and we're supposed to believe Jon Leon's side of the story......

5 years and more member changes than Black sabbath, The Faceless, Anthrax, Tatertotryche, and pretty much any band ever

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-10-2013, 01:44 PM
and we're supposed to believe Jon Leon's side of the story......

5 years and more member changes than Black sabbath, The Faceless, Anthrax, Tatertotryche, and pretty much any band ever

L.A. Guns?

Lol, they definitely can't seem to keep a line-up can they? I heard their record label dropped them to.

Onioner
10-10-2013, 02:14 PM
L.A. Guns?

Lol, they definitely can't seem to keep a line-up can they? I heard their record label dropped them to.

In WW's defense, Earache is one shitty label. Barney from Napalm Death has nothing but bad things to say about Earache, and all of the bands that were with Heavy Artillery before Earache acquired their assets have been left to dry.

But yeah, Gio had been out of the band since August. Will and Jake are both really incredible guitar players, they'll make any bands they join way more awesome. Joseph already makes a living as a full-time singer, so he's no worse off. It's Jon who'll have the toughest time recovering from this. In his case, I'd say he should put White Wizzard on the back burner and get himself in a position where he can put food on the table and play music on the side. If he's serious about going independent, then that's what he's gonna have to do.

Spiner202
10-10-2013, 05:36 PM
In WW's defense, Earache is one shitty label. Barney from Napalm Death has nothing but bad things to say about Earache, and all of the bands that were with Heavy Artillery before Earache acquired their assets have been left to dry.

Yeah I've heard nothing but horror stories from bands on Earache. I'm not sure why people still sign with them.

But yeah, Gio had been out of the band since August.
Who was playing drums on the few dates they played this tour?

As for sides, I think both parties are to blame here. Joseph Michael didn't show up to perform. I highly highly doubt he was kicked out until this happened, but either way, he needed to be professional and perform.

From the guitar players, I think they kind of saw what was going on and how terrible of a situation this was and just left.

On Jon's side, nobody has had a single positive thing to say about him, and a lot of people have said that he steals from them. Whether he is the primary beneficiary of any money they receive (from contracts he makes) or whether he is actually is stealing, I'm not sure. Either way, I'm surprised people still join his bands.

Nater
10-10-2013, 09:37 PM
From White Wizzard's FB and Jon himself

I have a pretty fucking serious statement to make.
White Wizzard is my band.I have put my heart and soul into it since I started it.I respect the talents of the musicians that have been in this band I have brought in. But when it comes to the serious shit, artistic and business side, it's my way or the highway. Period. Always has been , always will.Everyone knows that is the way it rolls coming in. I have lost 50,000 dollars in savings over the past 5 years. Aside from the first EP I have written everything minus a couple small contributions. The lyrics, vocal melodies, guitar parts, guitar harmony parts, bass parts etc. Also played most of the rhythm and harmony guitars, some lead, and the bass and I have not made a single dime since quitting my career in 2010 -notta-nothing-zippo. I made all this happen. So my power over it has been earned and then some.
Now what has happened yet again just like after Over the Top, is after I gave guys an opportunity , wrote an entire album and brought them into my project I have worked my ass off to create, as soon as they are in the band they get a sense of entitlement, egos skyrocket after the album comes out, they forget who made it all happen, don't listen to me anymore, try and take over or think they should be handed the keys to every aspect of the band.
Guys think they should take over the accounting,ignore what I say, and disrespect me. They accuse me of holding money manifested from paranoia with ZERO proof while creating some false reality in assumption.
Then once I have to stand my ground and finally say enough, everyone else gets stuck in the middle and once the piles of shit that are vying for control try everything from trying to sneak to the label to undermine me by trying to work their own deal realize that it's not going to work they throw a fucking grenade into the whole thing. Then they go call me a scam artist or complain they didn't get what they wanted or what they think they were supposed to get.
There is no $ in this NONE.These guys that claim they were scammed out of anything are all talking out of their asses.Then to try and pressure me they threaten to slander me on the back of what others pulled 3 years ago etc.....but that shit don't float.
I have always been willing to give even shares of any profits. But in a situation where no $ came from the label to me from royalties or merch, I was losing money every month, while these guys are trying to get what they can for themselves. No regard for the long term vision. This and these problems are why it's never actually gotten to be profitable.
I am tired. Leaving my label and these guys is a huge relief. I am happier than I have been in a long time.This was a mutual parting both label and members I assure you.
In the words of the great Ritchie Blackmore-A band can't be a democracy, it has to be a dictatorship.
Too many egos man.
The only thing I am guilty of is wearing too many hats. I am not the best at managing people and keeping emotions in check or detailed organization of the mundane side of things. I have always needed a hands on manager and team.
But these few ego maniacs over the past few years taht have come into it and ended up disrespecting me have fucked it up for everyone else.
One day I look forward to telling the full story.The doc will be wild. I will put holes in all these stories and words these guys spread.Gladly will face any of them in an interview and rip their bullshit to shreds.
The last 2 days have been full of lies and spin by 2 of the most recent guys. I am not going to get in a back and forth war of words. My best revenge is keep on writing, growing and making music I am proud of. In time the truth will find it's way.
Thanks to all the fans. I bought the ticket and plan on finishing the ride.
Cheers
Jon Leon

sfhui
10-10-2013, 11:48 PM
From White Wizzard's FB and Jon himself

I have a pretty fucking serious statement to make.
White Wizzard is my band.I have put my heart and soul into it since I started it.I respect the talents of the musicians that have been in this band I have brought in. But when it comes to the serious shit, artistic and business side, it's my way or the highway. Period. Always has been , always will.Everyone knows that is the way it rolls coming in. I have lost 50,000 dollars in savings over the past 5 years. Aside from the first EP I have written everything minus a couple small contributions. The lyrics, vocal melodies, guitar parts, guitar harmony parts, bass parts etc. Also played most of the rhythm and harmony guitars, some lead, and the bass and I have not made a single dime since quitting my career in 2010 -notta-nothing-zippo. I made all this happen. So my power over it has been earned and then some.
Now what has happened yet again just like after Over the Top, is after I gave guys an opportunity , wrote an entire album and brought them into my project I have worked my ass off to create, as soon as they are in the band they get a sense of entitlement, egos skyrocket after the album comes out, they forget who made it all happen, don't listen to me anymore, try and take over or think they should be handed the keys to every aspect of the band.
Guys think they should take over the accounting,ignore what I say, and disrespect me. They accuse me of holding money manifested from paranoia with ZERO proof while creating some false reality in assumption.
Then once I have to stand my ground and finally say enough, everyone else gets stuck in the middle and once the piles of shit that are vying for control try everything from trying to sneak to the label to undermine me by trying to work their own deal realize that it's not going to work they throw a fucking grenade into the whole thing. Then they go call me a scam artist or complain they didn't get what they wanted or what they think they were supposed to get.
There is no $ in this NONE.These guys that claim they were scammed out of anything are all talking out of their asses.Then to try and pressure me they threaten to slander me on the back of what others pulled 3 years ago etc.....but that shit don't float.
I have always been willing to give even shares of any profits. But in a situation where no $ came from the label to me from royalties or merch, I was losing money every month, while these guys are trying to get what they can for themselves. No regard for the long term vision. This and these problems are why it's never actually gotten to be profitable.
I am tired. Leaving my label and these guys is a huge relief. I am happier than I have been in a long time.This was a mutual parting both label and members I assure you.
In the words of the great Ritchie Blackmore-A band can't be a democracy, it has to be a dictatorship.
Too many egos man.
The only thing I am guilty of is wearing too many hats. I am not the best at managing people and keeping emotions in check or detailed organization of the mundane side of things. I have always needed a hands on manager and team.
But these few ego maniacs over the past few years taht have come into it and ended up disrespecting me have fucked it up for everyone else.
One day I look forward to telling the full story.The doc will be wild. I will put holes in all these stories and words these guys spread.Gladly will face any of them in an interview and rip their bullshit to shreds.
The last 2 days have been full of lies and spin by 2 of the most recent guys. I am not going to get in a back and forth war of words. My best revenge is keep on writing, growing and making music I am proud of. In time the truth will find it's way.
Thanks to all the fans. I bought the ticket and plan on finishing the ride.
Cheers
Jon Leon

this is sad in one way, and sad in another