PDA

View Full Version : Would You Be Interested in Seeing Megadeth Perform All of Youthanasia?

DisposableJustice
10-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Examiner: Youthanasia was my very first Megadeth record ever, so I’ll always have a soft spot for it. Any chance you’ll go out and tour the whole album like you did with Countdown and Rust In Peace?

Dave: Very big chance. In fact funny that you mention that, we were just talking about the part where David Ellefson used to play the extra floor tom during “Reckoning Day,” because the video we did for that song was filmed in Finland and Finland is right next to Russia, so the taxi cab I was in was an old cab from the Russian days back during the cold war. And a lot of the footage from that video, it’s a really, really old video, was from all those concerts back in the day when metal was just huge and before the whole alternative new metal things confused things and fucked up our business.

So knowing Dave this will happen next year, and I for one may be very interested if it does happen; Youthanasia is a great album and very underrated with some great songs; the only good thing they have done in the past 3 years is playing RIP and CTE in full. Fingers crossed maybe in 2016 Dave will change his mind and whip out PSBWB for its 30th birthday

or not

PVH5150
10-04-2013, 04:30 PM
I'd go as long as they don't play the Palladium again, like they did with CTE.

GarageMetal468
10-04-2013, 04:33 PM
I'd be ok with never seeing Megadeth again, actually.

Sanitarium78
10-04-2013, 04:39 PM
There are certain songs I would like to see performed off the album. Reckoning Day has been absent from the set for too long and would be great to see it make a return. Addicted To Chaos, The Killing Road and Black Curtains would be cool to see live to but overall I don't think the album is good enough or significant enough to celebrate it's 20th anniversary. I think it's a good album, if they want to add a few different tunes from it next year as a nod to it's anniversary that's fine. Playing it in full is not necessary.

The RIP anniversary tour was great and the one for CTE was a good idea to but one for Youthanasia is just a bit much. Maybe Dave should concentrate on writing a quality album again instead of focusing on anniversary tours. They are quickly becoming nothing more than a nostalgia act with these kind of tours.

ravenheart
10-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Yep, definitely. Great record, would absolutely see them play all of it.

IrritatedTrout
10-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Probably my third favorite Megadeth album after CtE and RiP so I'd love to see this tour happen.

DisposableJustice
10-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Maybe Dave should concentrate on writing a quality album again instead of focusing on anniversary tours. They are quickly becoming nothing more than a nostalgia act with these kind of tours.

See I don't see Dave being able to make a quality record unless he takes 1-2 years off and based on his track record he won't do that

I agree Youthanasia from a popularity stand point doesn't match RIP and CTE and if I could pick songs from it to include in a regular show it would be

-Reckoning Day
-Train of Consequences
-A Tout Le Monde
-The Killing Road
-Family Tree
-Youthanasia
-Victory

El Gordo
10-04-2013, 05:08 PM
After Peace Sells and Rust in Peace, it's Megadeth's best album, so in theory, yes I'd be interested.

mankvill
10-04-2013, 05:15 PM
If memory serves, he made a similar "sort-of" comment about doing all of Peace Sells, so we'll see.

slapguitarer
10-04-2013, 05:21 PM

Same

Blacktooth85
10-04-2013, 05:39 PM
He's thinking about performing Youthanasia in it's entirety but he didn't want to play the entire Peace Sells album? Yeah that's a good marketing choice Dave. You need to put your religious beliefs aside you freakin' nutcase!

I think Youthanasia is a good album, but as stated before i don't think it's that good to play all the way through. I don't think the majority of the crowd would be that much into it...

Bengals279
10-04-2013, 06:15 PM
One of my favorite megadeth albums. Would love to see it live

elturtleboy
10-04-2013, 06:29 PM

This.

anomynous
10-04-2013, 06:29 PM
I'd like for them to do a 5 year anniversary Endgame tour, since they never really toured in support for it.

One tour = not supporting it

Onioner
10-04-2013, 06:42 PM

Yep. After RIP + My Last Words in SF, all I'd ever really pay good money to see is Rattlehead and/or Dialectic Chaos/This Day We Fight.

rjturtle9
10-04-2013, 07:44 PM
I'd like for them to do a 5 year anniversary Endgame tour, since they never really toured in support for it.

This! I went to the tour when it hit Vegas but got kicked out half way through the show. Need another Endgame tour!

mankvill
10-04-2013, 08:16 PM
When Dave keeps his mouth shut, a Megadeth show is still amazing. They were near-perfect opening for Maiden. A headlining set means more time for Dave to possibly run his mouth, though...

PowerMaiden
10-04-2013, 08:59 PM
When Dave keeps his mouth shut, a Megadeth show is still amazing. They were near-perfect opening for Maiden. A headlining set means more time for Dave to possibly run his mouth, though...

yep !

and play Peace Sells Dave, that would really be cool

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
10-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Youthanasia is a good, nay great record, but this nonsense about The Conjuring is unbelievable.

Welcome to out sanguinary sect of worship,
Feel at home in our black conventicle,
As we anathematise,
All of those who oppose us,
Don't summon the devil,
Don't call the priests,
If you need the strength,
The conjuring. Obey!!!

Behold the flames rise,
From the compass' cardinal points,
Burn the sacred oil,
And, with the ashes you'll annoint,

Arrange the symbols,
Of the wizard, and, magician,
Light the candles,
Place the parchment paper in position,
Between its leaves place,
The lash from a black cat's eye,
A straw of a broom,
Fold, and, burn, and, centralise,

Don't summon the devil,
Don't call the priests,
If you need the strength,
The conjuring,

I am the devil's advocate,
A salesman, if you will,
You know my name. [You know my name],

I met your father years ago,
Gave him what he'd please,
He called my name, you'll do the same,

I'm claiming what is mine by right,
It's time to close the deal,
You're bought and sold, bought and sold,

Come join me in my infernal depths,
Mephisto's hall of fame
I've got your soul, I've got your soul,
The conjuring. Obey!!!

There Dave, now everyone can cast a spell on everybody without warning. Holy fuck get over it. Can most people even make out Dave's lyrics when he sings them nowadays anyway?

dcmetal108
10-05-2013, 12:08 AM
I'd be ok with never seeing Megadeth , actually.

Changed for me.

Onioner
10-05-2013, 02:55 AM

Also this. I'm still majorly upset that the one Endgame headlining tour basically skipped all of the west coast. Gosh, anyone else remember '09 when we were all so excited about Endgame shitting all over Death Magnetic and Dave actually not spouting stupid shit on a daily basis?

gangrene
10-05-2013, 05:26 AM
Not my favorite record of theirs, but I'll show up for it of course.

AnthG
10-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Fingers crossed maybe in 2016 Dave will change his mind and whip out PSBWB for its 30th birthday

Nah, in 2015 he'll be doing the 20th anniversary of the Hidden Treasures EP. When was the last time they played 99 Ways to Die?

300%_Density
10-05-2013, 06:45 AM
I guess I'm in the minority, but there's very little I like about it. I can find as many songs I like on Youthanasia as I can on The World Needs A Hero.

W0unds
10-05-2013, 08:32 AM
There are some good songs on Youthanasia but to me it does not merit a revisit tour in the same way RIP or CTE did. I would not attend a tour that was all Youthanasia material.

I would rather see Megadeth tour with some interesting bands again (something like Megadeth, Testament, Overkill, Revocation) and change their stale standard setlist up.

Otherwise Megadeth needs to take a break with the constant touring in North America as attendance/interest will wane if you know they will be back around in ~6 months.

mankvill
10-05-2013, 11:47 AM
I didn't know a lot of people didn't see them on that Endgame tour.

I got this set from them at probably the smallest venue Megadeth has played in decades:

1. Dialectic Chaos
2. This Day We Fight!
3. Wake Up Dead
4. Skin o' My Teeth
5. Head Crusher
6. A Tout Le Monde
7. She-Wolf
8. Tornado of Souls
9. 1,320'
10. In My Darkest Hour
11. Sweating Bullets
12. Hangar 18
13. 44 Minutes
14. Trust
15. Symphony of Destruction
16. Peace Sells
Encore:
17. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

Coma323
10-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Yeah that Endgame tour didn't hit the northeast part of the States at all. We got the two rounds of RIP in 2010 but no Endgame. The following year I guess was still part of the Endgame tour but I skipped it since it was Mayhem fest.

Blacktooth85
10-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Nah, in 2015 he'll be doing the 20th anniversary of the Hidden Treasures EP. When was the last time they played 99 Ways to Die?

Yeah 99 Ways to Die would be killer. Also i would love to see Go To Hell live. I don't think Dave would play that live again though. He'd have to change the lyrics to Go to Heck...

DisposableJustice
10-05-2013, 12:10 PM

THIS

Endgame was the last Megadeth album that I really loved and the tour came nowhere near me, and that tour as I recall was super short; I mean the setlist manks posted is killer

1. Dialectic Chaos
2. This Day We Fight!
3. Wake Up Dead
4. Skin o' My Teeth
5. Head Crusher
6. A Tout Le Monde
7. She-Wolf
8. Tornado of Souls
9. 1,320'
10. In My Darkest Hour
11. Sweating Bullets
12. Hangar 18
13. 44 Minutes
14. Trust
16. Peace Sells
Encore:

So yes I'll take another Endgame tour please

300%_Density
10-05-2013, 12:12 PM
I didn't know a lot of people didn't see them on that Endgame tour.

I got this set from them at probably the smallest venue Megadeth has played in decades:

1. Dialectic Chaos
2. This Day We Fight!
3. Wake Up Dead
4. Skin o' My Teeth
5. Head Crusher
6. A Tout Le Monde
7. She-Wolf
8. Tornado of Souls
9. 1,320'
10. In My Darkest Hour
11. Sweating Bullets
12. Hangar 18
13. 44 Minutes
14. Trust
16. Peace Sells
Encore:

Oh yes I recall :party:

rjturtle9
10-05-2013, 12:22 PM
1. Dialectic Chaos
2. This Day We Fight!
3. Wake Up Dead
4. Skin o' My Teeth
5. Head Crusher
6. A Tout Le Monde
7. She-Wolf
8. Tornado of Souls
9. 1,320'
10. In My Darkest Hour
11. Sweating Bullets
12. Hangar 18
13. 44 Minutes
14. Trust
16. Peace Sells
Encore:

It's a cool set but aside from all the Endgame songs it's still the same shit they play every other tour.

mankvill
10-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Oh yes I recall :party:

REMEMBER EVERYONE SINGING THE LYRICS TO SWEATING BULLETS SO LOUD THAT DAVE DIDN'T? THAT WAS FUCKING AMAZE

Bengals279
10-05-2013, 01:47 PM
REMEMBER EVERYONE SINGING THE LYRICS TO SWEATING BULLETS SO LOUD THAT DAVE DIDN'T? THAT WAS FUCKING AMAZE

Was that at Beaumont?

Blacktooth85
10-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Yeah seeing that Endgame tour in a club was pretty killer. It sucks he didn't tour longer on that. I'm surprised we got it and most other cities didn't. We don't ever get shit for the most part. No Rust in Peace tour, no American Carnage, and none of the Gigantours have been to St Louis. The first few Gigantours had sweet line-ups. The last few i'm not too upset they didn't come through...

velvetgrass
10-05-2013, 01:56 PM
I always thought Youthanasia was an extremely underrated album, so if they were touring it in it's entirety and it came to Milwaukee or maybe even Chicago, I would go. I would love to see Train Of Consequences live!

IrritatedTrout
10-05-2013, 02:05 PM
I saw the Endgame tour but we didn't get Dialectic Chaos / This Day We Fight.:hmm:

mankvill
10-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Was that at Beaumont?

yes. i could barely breathe everyone was so packed in there. but it was amazing.

300%_Density
10-05-2013, 02:24 PM

My throat felt pretty shredded. I was one of the many who stayed after buying Endgame (2nd copy) so him & Broderick could sign it. Such a great time minus Suicide Silence.

anomynous
10-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Yup, I was at the St Louis Endgame show.

I just don't like how in early 2010 Dave kicked out Lomenzo, brought back Ellefson, and decided they were touring for the RiP anniversary the rest of the year. They never really went back to support Endgame, which I think was the best album since RiP.

Maideneer
10-06-2013, 07:50 AM
I'd give anything to see it, it's my favorite album. Especially Addicted To Chaos.

TonyD
10-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Also this. I'm still majorly upset that the one Endgame headlining tour basically skipped all of the west coast. Gosh, anyone else remember '09 when we were all so excited about Endgame shitting all over Death Magnetic and Dave actually not spouting stupid shit on a daily basis?

So much this.

SomewhereInTime72
10-06-2013, 09:15 PM
I would be more excited by a tour that actually shook up the setlist significantly, without needing to be themed around an album or something like that. Just be the tiniest bit creative, Dave. Youthanasia isn't good enough to get the treatment RiP did, and quite frankly neither was CtE. :hmm:

OraclesofAgony
10-07-2013, 01:01 AM
I would be more excited by a tour that actually shook up the setlist significantly, without needing to be themed around an album or something like that. Just be the tiniest bit creative, Dave. Youthanasia isn't good enough to get the treatment RiP did, and quite frankly neither was CtE. :hmm:

Dave could really freshen things up by playing The Conjuring or Bad Omen, but then he might go to Hell.

El Gordo
10-07-2013, 06:40 AM
Dave could really freshen things up by playing The Conjuring or Bad Omen, but then he might go to Hell.

Maybe he should play "Go To Hell" too! :D

Nick_to_the_face
10-07-2013, 08:14 AM
My throat felt pretty shredded. I was one of the many who stayed after buying Endgame (2nd copy) so him & Broderick could sign it. Such a great time minus Suicide Silence.

I thought it was hilarious how everyone just kinda stared at Suicide Silence as they went on. There was absolutely no movement for them and it was great :lol:

Wrecking Crew
10-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Youthanasia isn't good enough to get the treatment RiP did, and quite frankly neither was CtE. :hmm:

I totally agree, I saw both those anniversary tours and while CtE had some good songs it was not worthy of an anniversary tour. Youthanasia isn't even as good as CtE and I think I would skip the show if that's what they end up doing. They all pale in comparison anyway to the original RiP tour that I saw back in 1990 when Megadeth opened for Judas Priest on the Painkiller tour :rocker:

Sanitarium78
10-07-2013, 09:58 AM
while CtE had some good songs it was not worthy of an anniversary tour.

Regardless of what you think about the song quality, CTE most certainly did deserve an anniversary tour. It's Megadeth's most successful and popular album. It broke them into the mainstream and earned them a bunch of new fans. A lot of people would not be Megadeth fans now without that album. It's as significant to Megadeth's history as The Black Album is to Metallica's. To say it wasn't worthy of an anniversary tour is just plain wrong.

Wrecking Crew
10-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Regardless of what you think about the song quality, CTE most certainly did deserve an anniversary tour. It's Megadeth's most successful and popular album. It broke them into the mainstream and earned them a bunch of new fans. A lot of people would not be Megadeth fans now without that album. It's as significant to Megadeth's history as The Black Album is to Metallica's. To say it wasn't worthy of an anniversary tour is just plain wrong.

I suppose historically speaking you are correct and I agree with your saying CTE was Megadeth's Black album. But for me and many other old timers, CTE and the Black album marked the end of the glory days of Megadeth and Metallica, they were the last CDs from those bands that I have bought to this day.
The early '90s were terrible for metal as Megadeth and Metallica both released their "breakthrough" albums, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Anthrax went through messy splits with their lead singers and grunge started taking over. Even Slayer vanished from the public eye for like 4 years and I think only Overkill kept it real during this time period. So CTE and the Black album are forever entwined with the dark ages of metal in my ancient mind.