PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Hermida of ASP Is New Singer Of Suicide Silence

dcmetal108
10-03-2013, 08:37 PM
It's been heavily rumored and almost confirmed now that the band is moving forward with a new singer. Also their rerecored version of You Only Live Once sounds better than Mitch.

http://lambgoat.com/news/21226/Suicide-Silence-confirms-new-vocalist

anomynous
10-03-2013, 08:49 PM
I would assume this means the band calling themselves All Shall Perish is done

MPF
10-03-2013, 09:32 PM
In my food poisoned state, I read ASP as ASG and it blew my fucking mind that their singer would go from Stoner Rock to Deathcore But then I learned to read better. :lol:

But in all seriousness, this is balls. I liked All Shall Perish, sucks they have to be done so Suicide Silence can live off their singer dying.

dcmetal108
10-03-2013, 09:55 PM
I'd ASSUME that this means Eddie will pull a Corey Taylor and just go band to band.

Though SS is gonna be alot bigger for him than ASP is (ASP headlining show here over the summer with Oceano, Obey The Brave, and a few others drew 110 people on a Sunday).

hellawaits77ny
10-04-2013, 03:52 AM
Goodbye ASP. A band I really enjoyed, I'll miss them.

hellawaits77ny
10-04-2013, 03:53 AM
But in all seriousness, this is balls. I liked All Shall Perish, sucks they have to be done so Suicide Silence can live off their singer dying.

Yep

Nick_to_the_face
10-04-2013, 05:25 AM
I'm upset. I love All Shall Perish and I really hope they aren't done. Hey you never know, Suicide Silence might start making good music.
LoljkxD

W0unds
10-04-2013, 05:38 AM
It will be interesting to see what any new music sounds like out of this. Both bands latest material seemed to be heading in vastly different directions. ASP's This Is The End felt like it had a lot of melodic death metal elements incorporated compared to their earlier straight up deathcore releases.

The couple times I have seen Eddie perform live he had nowhere near the energy or intensity as Mitch, his vocals are generally more consistent though. Guessing All Shall Perish is going to take a backseat priority for the next little while anyways.

ravenheart
10-04-2013, 05:49 AM
I read this and assumed it was the singer of the actual band ASP, which would have been amusing:

http://www.headbanger.ru/fmst/files/data/70401.jpg

anomynous
10-04-2013, 10:55 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151882469389749&set=a.183733944748.123024.107725134748&type=1

Confirmed

IrritatedTrout
10-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Oh happy day.

TiradesOfTruth
10-04-2013, 12:35 PM
All Shall Perish Fb:
Earlier today, the official announcement came out that Hernan "Eddie" Hermida has joined Suicide Silence. Eddie has quit All Shall Perish to Join Suicide Silence full time. To all our fans who want to know about the future of ASP, keep this in mind: Mike Tiner has been a major writer in the band and will continue to be. We had big shoes to fill when guys like Chris Storey and original vocalist Craig Betit left All Shall Perish, but we were able to rebound with the addition of massive talents like Adam Pierce, Francesco Artusato and Eddie Hermida. Eddie has big shoes to fill himself, stepping in for our fallen brother Mitch Lucker. All Shall Perish has continued before and will continue now. We wish Suicide Silence all the best.

anomynous
10-04-2013, 01:06 PM
"All Shall Perish"

Bengals279
10-04-2013, 01:41 PM
"All Shall Perish"

:lol:

coltongsmith
10-04-2013, 04:44 PM
I love suicide silence and hate ASP. That little clip sounded just awful. It seems like I won't be listening to suicide silence anymore after all.

hellawaits77ny
10-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Ghey.

Lost a huge amount of respect for Eddie (no flaming needed, just an opinion). RIP ASP, you were a great band. Suicide Silence will continue to suck.

Ommie
10-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Hmmm, this is quite interesting. I like ASP but I don't really think Eddie's vocals fits well with SS.

I wonder how differently SS will sound when they start making new music?

dcmetal108
10-04-2013, 11:09 PM
ASP will continue on. I think Eddie was their 5th vocalist anyway from what they said.

mastodon421
10-05-2013, 03:47 AM
I doubt SS will sound any different with Eddie at the helm, they'll be the same subpar deathcore band they've been for years just with a better vocalist. I'm really bummed that Eddie left All Shall Perish to join Suicide Silence. I'm sure All Shell Perish will be fine in the long run, but it sucks losing Eddie to a far inferior band imo.

W0unds
10-05-2013, 07:21 AM
It will be a drastic change for All Shall Perish considering Eddie has been the vocalist since 2006 (The Price of Existence onward). It has also been less than a year since founding guitarist Ben Orum left as well, leaving Mike Tiner as the only remaining original member. Even though I am a fan of their music perhaps it is time to call it quits?

It makes sense why he would switch bands, Suicide Silence has a exponentially larger fan base than ASP - 2.8 million FB likes vs 540k. In light of a number of bands breaking up/going on hiatus recently for financial reasons it seems like a smart move.

dcmetal108
10-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Yeah I mean I'll compare SS's last show here to ASP.

ASP played to about 110 people in a small club with Oceano, Obey The Brave and more.

SS played to around 5,000 on All Stars.

hellawaits77ny
10-23-2013, 04:45 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/new-suicide-silence-singer-i-did-everything-in-my-power-to-stay-in-all-shall-perish/

W0unds
10-25-2013, 10:24 AM
All Shall Perish bassist Mike Tiner interview regarding Eddie's departure:

You reached out because you wanted to give your side of the story regarding Eddie leaving. What happened?

I reached out after reading what Eddie had said because I felt it necessary for the fans to know the truth about what's going on.

I first heard of Eddie potentially joining Suicide Silence in March while we were on tour in Japan. When he first brought it up, he made it seem as if he was only considering recording with them, but then as he further explained everything, it became very clear that he wanted to join Suicide Silence. Everyone in that room had the same reaction: 'How are you going to possibly have time to do both bands?' Eddie reassured us a dozen times over that both bands would be able to coexist and work together with one another, with him as the vocalist of both bands.

As we had always trusted Eddie before, after a lot of long conference calls, we gave him the benefit of the doubt and decided to wait till there was an actual scheduling conflict and cross that bridge then. We already had Metallica's Orion Music and our own MTL: South of the Border Tour on the books, so we went ahead with Eddie for those shows, and they all turned out very well. It seemed like maybe everything would actually work out OK. Then, after Eddie was officially in Suicide Silence (but before it went public), we got an offer from Death Angel to play two or three shows with them, all in California. Eddie in particular wanted to do these shows and pushed hardest for them, so we confirmed them. Then a week or two later he tells our management that he actually can't do the shows…because of Suicide Silence.

That's when Suicide Silence's management informed us of all of the things All Shall Perish would and would not be "allowed" to do. All Shall Perish could not play a show until Eddie was well "established" as the new singer of Suicide Silence. Suicide Silence's management told us that they would have to be well into their new album and touring cycle before All Shall Perish could be seen again with Eddie.

That is easily a year of All Shall Perish not being "allowed" to do anything; possibly more than a year. There were other rules, too, but this one was huge. When we heard this, we immediately all got on the phone with Eddie and asked him how him being in both bands could ever work, especially after this whole Death Angel thing. Eddie still insisted it could work but also maintained that Suicide Silence would be his priority. We asked Eddie if he was quitting and he said, "No, I'm not. If you want me out of All Shall Perish, you'll have to fire me."

Now, I ask all of you reading this, both All Shall Perish fans and Suicide Silence fans: what would happen if you worked at Starbucks and you told your boss that you took a job at Coffee Bean across the street, that Coffee Bean would be your new priority and that you wouldn't be able to pickup a single shift at Starbucks for at least a year or more, followed by: "But I'm NOT quitting!"

Did Eddie "quit" All Shall Perish or was Eddie "asked to leave" All Shall Perish? You tell me.

Full Interview: http://www.metalinjection.net/interviews/exclusive-all-shall-perishs-mike-tiner-says-suicide-silence-gave-them-no-choice-but-to-fire-eddie-hermida

hellawaits77ny
10-25-2013, 10:38 AM
However it happened, it's a fuckin bummer. Suicide Silence will give Eddie more $, was a no-brainer for him.

anomynous
10-25-2013, 11:11 AM
While I think Eddie really did try to make being in both work, he couldn't have been shocked it turned out like this.

Weird that the SS management has that much power, considering they're both on Nuclear Blast.

ok maybe not that weird.