PDA

View Full Version : Deicide -- Atlanta, GA -- October 2nd, 2013

justinm4bama
10-03-2013, 10:38 AM
The main reason why I went to this show was for Necronomicon. Awesome blackened death metal band from Canada whose first time in Atlanta was last night. They have been around since 1988, and only have four albums out so I highly recommend getting all of them if you can. There were maybe 30 people when they started playing, but that was probably the best opener I've ever seen. Their sound was great (almost sounded as if they were headlining it was that good), energy was awesome, and so was their stage presence. I honestly thought that they were going to steal the show, and they almost did if Deicide didn't have the set they had. I would say they tied with them. Great band so make sure you get there early to support these guys!!! The vocalist and drummer were selling their merch so its real easy to meet them and get pictures with them. 9/10

1) The Living God (Pharaoh of the Gods)
2) Into the Fire :rocker:
3) The Time Is Now :rocker:
4) Rise of the Elder Ones
5) The End of Times
6) From Beyond

Up next was Disgorge. I've listened to a few of their songs on Spotify, and wasn't that impressed with them and neither was I live. Their musicianship is really good, but the vocals kill it for me! Not much of a fan of brutal death metal so after a few songs they kind of sounded the same. 6/10

1) ?
2) Cranial Impalment
3) Wound Full of Scabs
4) ?
5) ?
6) Deranged Epidemic
7) Abhorrent Desecration of the Iniquity
8) Exhuming the Disembowled

I saw Broken Hope at MDF, didn't see much of their set because Aosoth was playing at the same time and chances are I'll see Broken Hope again. So that being said, I'm glad I saw them again this time being a club show. After seeing a few songs at MDF I was pretty impressed and went home and checked them out. They're sort of brutal death too, but they have a lot more variety and you can tell the songs apart better than Disgorge. Prefer this band live way more then on album because of how much energy they bring to the stage. The whole band were hanging out after the show and were all real cool guys. 8/10

1) Felching Vampires
2) Dilation and Extraction
3) The Docking Dead
4) Womb of Horrors
5) Swamped in Gore :rocker:
6) The Dead Half
7) Pitbull Grin
8) Gore Hog
9) Predacious Poltergeist
10) Hobo Stew
11) Into the Necrosphere
12) He Was Raped
13) The Flesh Mechanic
14) Incinerated

Deicide hit the stage around 10:15 and everybody just went crazy right from the first note. We were all blown away, and Glen had the most stage presence I've ever seen him have. Jack played about half the lead solos which was also surprising, and the band as a whole just sounded fucking great. Got a bass pick from Glen and a set list after the show. Also got 4 CD booklets signed by Glen and Steve. Glen was in a real good mood last night so hopefully he will keep it up for the rest of the tour. 9/10

1) Homage for Satan
2) Dead by Dawn :rocker:
3) Once Upon the Cross
4) Scars of the Crucifix
5) When Satan Rules His World
6) Serpents of the Light
7) Save Your
8) Hang in Agony Until You're Dead
9) Conviction
10) Trifixion :eek::rocker:
11) Dead but Dreaming
12) Children of the Underworld
13) Witness of Death
14) Desecration (after this tour they will never play this song live again)
15) Sacrificial Suicide :rocker:
16) Lunatic of God's Creation
17) Oblivious to Evil
18) Deicide
19) Behind the Light Thou Shall Rise

adamclark52
10-03-2013, 11:39 AM
That is a KILLER set! Especially that four song block from the debut at the end.

300%_Density
10-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Good god what a killer Deicide set.

John The Drummer
10-03-2013, 12:16 PM
I'll be going to this show for Necronomicon as well :D
I opened for them back when they were on tour with Vreid/Kampfar, but only caught one song due to my van getting broken in to. Deicide will be great to finally see as well, they seem to play here a lot, yet I never go see them.

Spiner202
10-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Unbelievable set. I'm really upset I can't go to this :(

JRA
10-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Very cool to see Trifixion.

Litany
10-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Only one song off of The Stench of Redemption? That's unfortunate. Why would be that the last time they would play that song?

mankvill
10-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Oh my Satan I'm so ready

mr. roti
10-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Holy mothafuckin tits! Can't wait for monday & hope they keep the same set-list. Thanks for the review!

justinm4bama
10-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Very cool to see Trifixion.

Glen said it has been nearly 20 years since they last played that song!

Only one song off of The Stench of Redemption? That's unfortunate. Why would be that the last time they would play that song?

Two songs: Homeage and Desecration. I have no idea, but that's what he announced on stage.

Also, I talked to Glen after the show and he said the self-titled for the new album is probably the weakest song on it. He also said to get ready because its going to be a brutal fucking album :rocker:

OraclesofAgony
10-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Wow, I can't believe they're playing Trifixion! :drool:

MPF
10-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Did Glen say anything as to why Desecration will never be played again?

adamclark52
10-03-2013, 11:22 PM

It's one of my least favorite songs off that album (although they have a lot of worse songs in their catalogue). I'd be happy to see it gone.

adamclark52
10-03-2013, 11:23 PM
I forgot to add from the original post that I'm a big fan of Disgorge and really wanted to go see them on this tour but couldn't get the night off. Who's playing with them? I heard Derek Boyer of Suffocation was doing bass for them. And who's doing vocals?

hellawaits77ny
10-04-2013, 03:46 AM
Wow. I might have to go to the Montreal show next week, after seeing this set.

Trifixion is one of all-time favorites.

W0unds
10-04-2013, 05:43 AM
Nice review. Glad to see Necronomicon getting some attention as well.

This setlist looks great, cannot wait to see them next week.

justinm4bama
10-04-2013, 07:05 AM

He didn't and I forgot to ask him after the show. He also said the same thing about one of the songs from To Hell With God.

Exodromos
10-04-2013, 02:13 PM
God damn looks like an awesome Disgorge set, anyone know what are the 3 missing songs?

Would like to see some tunes off Consume the Forsaken, hope at least one of those 3 is on that record.

Going at the Montreal show next Monday only for Disgorge, can't wait.

coltongsmith
10-04-2013, 04:48 PM
God damn looks like an awesome Disgorge set, anyone know what are the 3 missing songs?

Would like to see some tunes off Consume the Forsaken, hope at least one of those 3 is on that record.

Going at the Montreal show next Monday only for Disgorge, can't wait.

Me and OP know nothing about Disgorge. They were super boring in vocals and that ruined their entire set for me. Only reason I even know the songs that got posted were because he said them out loud. Glad this band was here a little because they made Necronomicon and Broken Hope all the better

mankvill
10-04-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm actually just as excited for Disgorge as I am for Deicide. The other bands are just extra goodies.

Exodromos
10-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Me and OP know nothing about Disgorge. They were super boring in vocals and that ruined their entire set for me. Only reason I even know the songs that got posted were because he said them out loud. Glad this band was here a little because they made Necronomicon and Broken Hope all the better

Opinion, y'know what to do with it.

No but really, it's a matter of musical preference, that's it, and I was only asking a question about the setlist, no need to tell me your opinion about it.

LogicBomb
10-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Just to chime in, I'm also going mainly to see Disgorge. Boyer isn't playing with them, iirc he's dropped every other project besides Suffo and maybe Deprecated. Seems like Angel from Condemned is on vocals, which is cool and all but if there was a choice I would prefer Magana.

adamclark52
10-05-2013, 03:46 AM
That Levi guy who sang on the last album was good too. Any word on a new album?

LogicBomb
10-05-2013, 10:26 AM
It's called And the Weak Shall Perish, it was supposed to be out this year on Unique Leader but I don't see that happening. Not really sure what lineup recorded it.

Exodromos
10-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Just to chime in, I'm also going mainly to see Disgorge. Boyer isn't playing with them, iirc he's dropped every other project besides Suffo and maybe Deprecated. Seems like Angel from Condemned is on vocals, which is cool and all but if there was a choice I would prefer Magana.

Couldn't have said it better, Magana would kill, Consume the Forsaken is their best work IMO.

Exodromos
10-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Just saw Disgorge in Montreal, they fucking nailed it. Made every other bands look like weaker.

Setlist was as follow :

Atonement
Cranial Impalement
Womb Full of Scabs
Revelation XVIII
She Lay Gutted
Deranged Epidemic
Exhuming The Disemboweled
Consume The Forsaken

So much SLG, perfect!

adamclark52
10-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Fuck, I wish I could go to the show in Toronto tomorrow. Stupid work, stupid night shift, stupid mortgage, stupid "grown-up life".

mr. roti
10-08-2013, 03:55 PM
I saw Glen smiling yesterday... that was weird! The setlist was pretty much the same except they end up with Deicide. Really good show!

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1376425_212739565562619_1962155921_n.jpg