Captive Bolt Pistol
Corporal Jigsore Quandary
Ruptured in Purulence/Heartwork
---
Carneous Cacoffiny
Lavaging Expectorate of Lysergide Composition
Keep on Rotting in the Free World

Amazing show, will review eventually.

Jeff mentioned a Carcass/Black Dahlia Murder/Gorguts tour next spring...

adamclark52
09-24-2013, 12:38 AM
No No Love Lost? I find that odd. But Keep On Rotting In the Free World is always a welcome addition. And 1985 is an awesome opening to a concert. Did they play that song over the speakers as they entered or did they actually perform it? The rest of the set is really solid too and pretty different from their last North American shows, which is awesome.

elturtleboy
09-24-2013, 01:09 AM
Eh. That set is meh. Needs more Reek. Still stoked for sunday.

christopher
09-24-2013, 01:36 AM
Was the missing song Congealed Clot of Blood? I hope they played Thrasers Abattoir on Sunday!!

The Colonel
09-24-2013, 01:44 AM
I can't wait to see this! This week needs to hurry the fuck up and be over already!

Jochen
09-24-2013, 05:37 AM
No No Love Lost? I find that odd. But Keep On Rotting In the Free World is always a welcome addition. And 1985 is an awesome opening to a concert. Did they play that song over the speakers as they entered or did they actually perform it? The rest of the set is really solid too and pretty different from their last North American shows, which is awesome.

It was over the speakers. And my bad, No Love Lost was performed.

anomynous
09-24-2013, 07:25 AM
Jeff mentioned a Carcass/Black Dahlia Murder/Gorguts tour next spring...

Mother of god

infinitydeth
09-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Can't wait to see them this Saturday

ravenheart
09-24-2013, 09:20 AM
:lol: those song titles.

bigguytoo9
09-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Carcass/BDM/Gorguts tour.... Holy Shit!!!!

Litany
09-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Mother of god

OH. MY. GOT.........

The Colonel
09-24-2013, 10:57 AM
According to setlist.fm, the missing song is Lavaging Expectorate of Lysergide Composition!

OraclesofAgony
09-24-2013, 11:55 AM
According to setlist.fm, the missing song is Lavaging Expectorate of Lysergide Composition!

Holy shit yes!

I hope that stays in the set for Saturday.

MetalIsArt
09-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Eh. That set is meh. Needs more Reek. Still stoked for sunday.

No it doesn't. As much as I like Carcass, Reek is unlistenable imho.

But hey, you'll see them twice. ;-)

MetalIsArt
09-24-2013, 12:08 PM
:lol: those song titles.

I don't think most of the bands, sometimes much more extreme, didn't know it was all with a sense of humour

Probably seeing them in november, as they are fucking brutal live. (I'll leave before Amon Amarth)

GarageMetal468
09-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Macabre set:

Zodiak
Nero's Inferno
The Iceman
Is it Soup Yet?
Dr. Holmes
Serial Killer
The Cat Came Back
The Ted Bundy Song
McMassacre
Night Stalker
Countess Bathory (Venom Cover)
Scrub a Dub Dub
You're Dying to be With Me
Hitchhiker
Ed Gein
Vampire of Dusseldorf

This show fucking ruled. The new songs sounded great live, and Carcass absolutely floored the place and everyone there.

elturtleboy
09-24-2013, 09:19 PM
No it doesn't. As much as I like Carcass, Reek is unlistenable imho.

But hey, you'll see them twice. ;-)

im only going one day. And no Swansong is the unlistenable one.

MetalIsArt
09-25-2013, 10:12 AM
im only going one day. And no Swansong is the unlistenable one.

No, you'll see Exhumed too ;)

Swansong is meh, but Reek has an awful sound. The band has commented on that.

elturtleboy
09-25-2013, 06:08 PM
No, you'll see Exhumed too ;)

Swansong is meh, but Reek has an awful sound. The band has commented on that.

Even Carcass doesnt know Carcass. Goregrind > Melodic Death Metal

Onioner
09-25-2013, 07:04 PM
Even Carcass doesnt know Carcass. Goregrind > Melodic Death Metal

Thisthisthisthisthisthis.

christopher
09-25-2013, 07:29 PM
I'd love to see how Carcass could make Reek sound live. They record has terrible quality, but its their best work.

El Gordo
09-26-2013, 02:51 AM
Anyone who thinks an album not named Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious is Carcass' best album is high on crack.

adamclark52
09-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Anyone who thinks an album not named Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious is Carcass' best album is high on crack.

It is a matter of personal taste, but I agree.

daimonos
09-26-2013, 10:13 PM

^^^

The Colonel
09-26-2013, 10:59 PM

This

metallicbrian666
09-27-2013, 05:04 AM
I have to agree.

I started off with Heartwork (like a lot of people probably did) and then once I got into grind I got way into Symphonies and basically only listened to that. When I finally checked out Necroticism I thought it was a solid mix of both. Incarnated Solvent Abuse is probably my favorite Carcass song now, the blast part is so good

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
09-27-2013, 02:33 PM
I just never gave anything past Heartwork a chance. When I discovered Carcass back in 1996, I wasn't as receptive to the harsh vocals and definitely not into anything grind. I discovered Wake up and Smell the Carcass on some long ago metal site. They had clips of the songs and I dug the guitar harmonies and tolerated the vocals.

After that, I picked up Swansong and dug the melodic Death metal. I remember thinking that this was going to be the new sound of metal going forward. Picked up Heartwork and didn't like it as well as the other two. Never went back any further.

My tastes have changed since then. I love Opeth and Wintersun and Cormorant and I know I wouldn't have 17 years ago.

I checked out a couple of the older songs out on youtube and they weren't bad. I'll have to check more out.

Btw, the new album kicks ass. My favorite tracks are The Master Butcher's Apron, Noncompliance and Captive Bolt Pistol.