PDA

View Full Version : Roadburn 2014

ravenheart
08-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Not like any of us are going to go, but what the hell.

Opeth
Buzzov*en
Loop
The Heads
Windhand
Horse Latitudes
Freedom Hawk
Locrian
Conan
Triptykon
KEN mode
Magma
Comus
Whitehorse
The Great Old Ones
Regarde les Hommes Tomber
Corrections House
The Old Wind
Bolzer
Hark
Old Man Gloom
Goblin
40 Watt Sun
Noothgrush
Bong
The Body
Hull
-(16)-
Beast Milk
Morne
Napalm Death
Brutus
Tyranny
Inter Arma
New Keepers of The Water Towers
Mansion
Carlton Melton
The Papermoon Sessions
11Paranoias
Lumerians
Momentum
Lux Ohr
The Vintage Caravan
True Widow
Gozu

The Heads are playing three times, as the artist in residence.
Mikael Akerfeldt is curating the line-up on the day Opeth play.

mankvill
08-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Gozu

best band name OF ALL TIME

christopher
08-27-2013, 10:30 AM
I want to see Tyranny.

Onioner
08-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Eh. First Roadburn lineup that I don't give a shit about. I've loved practically every single other year though.

ravenheart
08-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Eh. First Roadburn lineup that I don't give a shit about. I've loved practically every single other year though.

Right, because it's anywhere near finished :tp:

swboyd
08-27-2013, 10:47 PM

Opeth
Loop
The Heads
Windhand
Horse Latitudes
Freedom Hawk
Locrian
Conan
Brutus
Tyranny
Inter Arma
Mansion
Carlton Melton
11Paranoias
Momentum
Lux Ohr
The Vintage Caravan
True Widow
Gozu

The Heads are playing three times, as the artist in residence.
Mikael Akerfeldt is curating the line-up on the day Opeth play.

Locrian, Windhand, Inter Arma, and True Widow would all be pretty tight to see.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 03:18 AM
For some reason, this festival doesn't intrest me in the slightest.

Elite.

ravenheart
08-28-2013, 03:37 AM
For some reason, this festival doesn't intrest me in the slightest.

Elite.

Some years it does, some years it doesn't. When they have a really doomy line-up, I really like it. Some years they have a really post-metal, sludgy one. I care less :)

The thing that means I'll never go though, is it's another one with an abortion of a running order. Every stage overlaps with every other one. It's practically impossible to watch a band, then find another one to watch without arriving half way through their set, or waiting for another hour before they start.

Apparently it's because all the stages are too small for every ticket holder to attend, so they do it to split the crowd up. Lame.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 03:38 AM
Some years it does, some years it doesn't. When they have a really doomy line-up, I really like it. Some years they have a really post-metal, sludgy one. I care less :)

The thing that means I'll never go though, is it's another one with an abortion of a running order. Every stage overlaps with every other one. It's practically impossible to watch a band, then find another one to watch without arriving half way through their set, or waiting for another hour before they start.

Apparently it's because all the stages are too small for every ticket holder to attend, so they do it to split the crowd up. Lame.

Oh, I see. Not talking about the bands, but about the way it's seen and journalists write about it.

ravenheart
08-28-2013, 04:13 AM
Not talking about the bands, but about the way it's seen and journalists write about it.

You let that put you off? :p

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 06:36 AM
You let that put you off? :p

Yeah.

All though I must say that 80% of each year's line-up is not for me. ;)

mankvill
08-28-2013, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't mind if Roadburn scaled back a little bit. Every time I check the line-up for stuff going on, there's just way too many bands.

ravenheart
08-28-2013, 08:35 AM
I wouldn't mind if Roadburn scaled back a little bit. Every time I check the line-up for stuff going on, there's just way too many bands.

Yep, and there'll pretty much always be four bands on stage at once... but not playing the same slots. Overlapping. It's the dumbest thing in festivals.

John The Drummer
08-29-2013, 04:31 PM
I've only heard of Opeth :eyes:

natureboy
08-29-2013, 04:51 PM

I went in 2012 (Sleep, Voivod, OM, YOB, Killing Joke, The Obsessed reunion, Church of Misery, Black Breath, etc.) and had the absolute best time. So cool seeing so many great bands in such a small venue. Wish I could have gone back this year but it's an expensive trip.

So far this year's lineup doesn't do much for me but yeah, lots of bands still to come.

Rocco44
09-06-2013, 04:54 PM
The past couple lineups have been amazing but this years is not quite doing it for me so far. I was really considering attending this year but unless the lineup improves I think I'm going to have to wait.

ravenheart
09-18-2013, 05:49 AM
New additions:

Crowbar
ASG
A Storm of Light
Lord Dying
Anciients
Sourvein
Yob
Graves At Sea

mankvill
10-08-2013, 09:37 AM
http://www.roadburn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Roadburn-2014-Napalm-Death.jpeg

Very interesting.

ravenheart
10-08-2013, 09:56 AM
If Napalm Death sounded like they do on their slow stuff all the time, I'd listen to them.

Also confirmed:

Triptykon
KEN mode
Magma
Comus
Whitehorse
The Great Old Ones
Regarde les Hommes Tomber
The Old Wind
Bolzer
Hark
Goblin
Noothgrush
Bong
Hull
-(16)-
Morne

christopher
10-08-2013, 10:56 AM
When I saw the Napalm Death flyer, I thought I was going to read something about Scum or FETO being played, then I read the bottom. I'm glad that's not coming here.

ravenheart
10-08-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm glad that's not coming here.

I wish it were coming here.

smearCampaign
10-08-2013, 11:26 AM
I wish it were coming here.

Me too. It would certainly be interesting and a total change from their normal setlist.

Northern_Shaman
10-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Bolzer! Those guys are very talented.

This lineup doesn't really seem very Roadburn-y to me though. Maybe I'm just not familiar with a lot of the bands, but I thought the focus for previous years was heavy psychedelia/dreamy music. Would like to attend one day but I'd be disappointed if this year was my year.

ravenheart
10-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Bolzer! Those guys are very talented.

This lineup doesn't really seem very Roadburn-y to me though. Maybe I'm just not familiar with a lot of the bands, but I thought the focus for previous years was heavy psychedelia/dreamy music. Would like to attend one day but I'd be disappointed if this year was my year.

This is a very typical Roadburn line-up.

Northern_Shaman
10-09-2013, 01:04 PM
This is a very typical Roadburn line-up.

Evidently I'm less familiar with these bands than I have been with past performers.

Any of them particularly worth checking out? Always looking for more doomy/psychedelic bands.

ravenheart
10-10-2013, 03:45 AM
Any of them particularly worth checking out? Always looking for more doomy/psychedelic bands.

Windhand and Freedom Hawk are the only ones I care about.

I've heard good things about The Vintage Caravan though.

detuned
10-10-2013, 04:17 AM
http://www.roadburn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Roadburn-2014-Old-Man-Gloom.jpeg

GarageMetal468
10-10-2013, 04:27 AM
...what the hell is that?

ravenheart
10-10-2013, 04:32 AM
...what the hell is that?

Lady Gaga when she's not dressed up.

ravenheart
10-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Buzzov*en (headliner)
40 Watt Sun
Corrections House
Lumerians
The Body
Beast Milk
Carlton Melton
New Keepers of The Water Towers
The Papermoon Sessions

Got to say, it's no wonder this is the first Roadburn for years not to sell out immediately as soon as tickets went on sale. It's still not sold out two weeks later.

energymetal14
10-30-2013, 08:03 PM
There are SO many bands I would love to see on this lineup. But from what I've heard this fest really does seem too overwhelming and chaotic. And Opeth is a really underwhelming headliner.

christopher
11-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Sourvein is going to play only their first three eps plus songs from the first album for this show.

ravenheart
11-01-2013, 01:15 PM
There are SO many bands I would love to see on this lineup. But from what I've heard this fest really does seem too overwhelming and chaotic. And Opeth is a really underwhelming headliner.

It's not so much that it's chaotic, it's just impossible to watch more than one stage because the start and end of every band's set overlaps with the start/end of at least one more, probably two more.

There's basically no path through the running order where you can hop from stage to stage each time a band finishes playing, because every other stage will already have someone in progress. There's only half an hour between bands on any given stage, which isn't long to wait, but if the next band on is someone you're not interested in, you don't have any options.

It's fine if you're the kind of person who wants to see a handful of key bands and doesn't mind jumping around the other stages in between those bands catching a few songs here and there by everyone else, but for me this is far too expensive a festival to do that.

ravenheart
12-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Finally sold out.

Think that's the slowest sell-out for them in years.

christopher
01-10-2014, 11:16 AM
This is really random for Joe Buck to play but ok.

http://www.roadburn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Roadburn-2014-JBY.jpg