PDA

View Full Version : New Judas Priest album

Travis The Dragon
08-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Well, they just completed writing the new album (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priest-completes-writing-new-album/) so it might be a bit early for this, but I'm still excited that we will be getting another release from them. It will be interesting to hear what it sounds like without KK Downing.

ravenheart
08-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Impossible to get excited at this stage seeing as the news they were going to do another album is about two years old. Nothing's changed as far as fans are concerned: it's still not ready. Time to get excited will be next year, when they've finished recording it and it's soon to be released.

Onioner
08-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Impossible to get excited at this stage seeing as the news they were going to do another album is about two years old. Nothing's changed as far as fans are concerned: it's still not ready. Time to get excited will be next year, when they've finished recording it and it's soon to be released.

I think I saw on Black Sabbath's forum that Mike Exeter, the engineer from The Devil You Know, has been producing the album. This could be very interesting.

justinm4bama
08-26-2013, 02:12 PM

This is true. When Richie joined the band Rob was saying how Richie breathed new life back into the band. Seems like a long deep breath haha.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
08-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Didn't they retire? Or was that just from touring?

Christen
08-26-2013, 02:18 PM

I recall hearing they would still make new music and maybe play the odd festival here and there but no more long tours.

ravenheart
08-26-2013, 03:17 PM

Hard to say. Rob Halford has only answered that question 253 times, and they've only said about making a new album 147 times.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
08-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Hard to say. Rob Halford has only answered that question 253 times, and they've only said about making a new album 147 times.

Rough day?

marker
08-26-2013, 05:06 PM
I recall hearing they would still make new music and maybe play the odd festival here and there but no more long tours.

THIS

ravenheart
08-27-2013, 01:28 AM
Rough day?

Nope; public holiday. Easy day.

I respond to stupid questions just the same on good and bad days. Consistency is everything ;)

MetalIsArt
08-27-2013, 01:43 AM
Rough day?

No, the truth.

IrritatedTrout
08-27-2013, 08:22 AM
Hoping it's better than Nostradamus.

marker
08-27-2013, 09:46 AM

I respond to stupid questions just the same on good and bad days. Consistency is everything ;)

Not really sure why his questions were stupid, and then you give a wrong answer.

TonyD
08-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Hoping it's better than Nostradamus.

Seriously

ravenheart
08-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Not really sure why his questions were stupid, and then you give a wrong answer.

It's stupid because Judas Priest have said, numerous times, that they are not retiring completely, just not doing any more World tours, and they have also said numerous times over the last two years that they are working on a new album. Both things are common knowledge, to the point where the last time Halford was asked about it in an interview he got annoyed at having to repeat himself so much. They even issued a press release confirming their position and telling people to stop asking.

Nothing I've said is remotely wrong.

Breaking The Law
08-27-2013, 02:36 PM

Did I miss some swearing in ceremony making you the judge of what is and isn't stupid? Your condescending tone and responses, to topics you clearly don't care about, is annoying.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
08-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Ah jeez...I was avoiding posting in this thread again, but now seems like a good time. Raven's comment was dickish, but I'm not mad or anything. I don't take stock in what someone on the web says is or isn't stupid. Frankly, I don't care enough about Priest to read their press releases; now or two years ago. I was genuinely curious and knew I could (and did) get a quick answer, so I asked. Case closed, it's all good.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 12:53 AM

We know for like a year that they are making a new album. And look, the writing process is complete, said Rob.

marker
08-28-2013, 05:46 AM
We know for like a year that they are making a new album. And look, the writing process is complete, said Rob.

I thought we were done talking about that, we didn't need your two cents as usual.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 07:24 AM
I thought we were done talking about that, we didn't need your two cents as usual.

Who said we were done talking about that?

The word "sarcasm"?

mankvill
08-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Did I miss some swearing in ceremony making you the judge of what is and isn't stupid? Your condescending tone and responses, to topics you clearly don't care about, is annoying.

WELCOME TO ENGLAND

ravenheart
08-28-2013, 07:51 AM

I don't judge things to be stupid at all; stupid things declare themselves by definition. Asking about something that is public knowledge is stupid. Or lazy, whichever you prefer. I don't make the rules. That said, he clarified by pointing out that he isn't really interested in Judas Priest. Now, although that is a capital offence (;)), it does explain why subsequent details of their activity since the "big announcement" passed him by.

Plus, how do you know? I'm very much looking forward to the new Priest record. I'm certain it'll be a big improvement on the last one (even though I mostly enjoy that one too). But it's not relevant yet. The release is still ages away. Which is somewhat annoying given the lack of activity with other projects in the mean time, but that does seem to be old bands' prerogative these days.

toolfansat
08-28-2013, 08:41 AM

That's like getting excited because you heard that Tool was in the studio working on a new album! :tp:

InFlamesOfBirchmen
08-28-2013, 11:05 AM
That said, he clarified by pointing out that he isn't really interested in Judas Priest. Now, although that is a capital offence (;)), it does explain why subsequent details of their activity since the "big announcement" passed him by.

Maiden > Priest! Now time to get out of this thread again before shitstorm v.2 occurs.