PDA

View Full Version : Wintersun -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 21st, 2013

Northern_Shaman
08-22-2013, 02:39 PM
This tour is worth seeing.

Fleshgod Apocalypse is one of the most surprising live acts I've ever seen. So grandiose, maddening, and extremely professional. These guys are masters at their craft. Wow! I will never again miss an opportunity to see them. 10/10.

The Hypocrisy
Minotaur (The Wrath of Poseidon)
The Deceit
The Violation
The Egoism
Elegy
The Forsaking

---

Wintersun was pure fucking magic. The slight issues with sound that they had on the Eluveitie tour were completely fixed for this show. Their set was plain beautiful. I already can't wait to see them again.

I'm definitely not 100% on this set, but I think it's accurate.

When Time Fades Away
Sons of Winter and Stars
Land of Snow and Sorrow
Beautiful Death
Darkness and Frost
Time
Sadness and Hate
Winter Madness
Beyond the Dark Sun
LIFE!!! (Devin Townsend cover) :eek::eek::eek:
The Way of the Fire
Starchild

The tribute to one of Vancouver's local legends was a very nice surprise, and got a great singalong going. I actually wish they were playing it in other cities just so you guys could hear this. I was not expecting it at all. Though I did hear that they covered Smashing Pumpkins when they stopped by Chicago earlier on the tour!

mankvill
08-22-2013, 02:46 PM
LIFE!!! (Devin Townsend cover)

w

what

PVH5150
08-22-2013, 03:07 PM
The tribute to one of Vancouver's local legends was a very nice surprise, and got a great singalong going. I actually wish they were playing it in other cities just so you guys could hear this. I was not expecting it at all. Though I did hear that they covered Smashing Pumpkins when they stopped by Chicago earlier on the tour!

They did Walk This Way when they were in Cambridge a couple weeks ago.

Northern_Shaman
08-22-2013, 03:55 PM

That is so cool. I'd love to know all of the special tributes they did (and will do) on this tour. I imagine Seattle will be getting something grungy tonight!

TiradesOfTruth
08-22-2013, 04:48 PM
From what I heard they played Detroit Rock City and the Detroit date.

CreptorStatus
08-22-2013, 08:48 PM
That is so cool. I'd love to know all of the special tributes they did (and will do) on this tour. I imagine Seattle will be getting something grungy tonight!

I'll fill you guys in on what they cover for the Seattle date tomorrow night. BUT damn so many hilarious choices..

Jimmi Hendrix
Pearl Jam
Alice in Chains
Nirvana
Queensyrche
Soundgarden

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Wonder if we'll get a Pantera cover?

zerkz
08-22-2013, 09:32 PM
i need to see a video of this Life cover... lol

DarkMacek
08-23-2013, 11:11 AM
They did a bit of "New York, New York" at the NYC date.

John The Drummer
08-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Wonder if we'll get a Pantera cover?

:rocker:

DarkMacek
08-23-2013, 09:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkuDXUY4zik#t=11m55s

CreptorStatus
08-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Annnnnnnnnnnnd they played about a minute of Rape Me by Nirvana. Switched the lyrics up with "Rape Kai" (their drummer). Was pretty funny.