PDA

View Full Version : Metallica to play the Apollo Theater in New York + Promo of movie @ TIFF

DisposableJustice
08-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Live At The Apollo Theater

August 21, 2013

In a year of firsts, this is definitely a big one for us we'll be playing at Harlem's world famous Apollo Theater in New York City on September 21st! We're teaming up with SiriusXM to bring back the Mandatory Metallica channel and will be celebrating with a special show for listeners that will air live nationwide on the revitalized channel.

The legendary theater has hosted an amazing array of artists such as James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, the Jackson 5, and more recently Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen, just to name a few of the incredible talents to hit the stage at the Apollo. SiriusXM subscribers and Met Club members will have opportunities to win tickets very soon... keep watching here and www.siriusxm.com for updates. For more information, check out the news story here: AP.org

Mandatory Metallica will be back with 24/7 commercial-free 'Tallica music starting Friday, September 13 and will air through October 6 via satellite on channel 40 (Liquid Metal channel). You can also listen online at siriusxm.com and through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App on smartphones, tablets, etc. on channel 714. Mandatory Metallica will continue to be available online through the Summer of 2014.

The show at the Apollo Theater will air live on Mandatory Metallica... keep your eyes peeled for more details about the special live broadcast coming soon.

Metallica is also promoting their movie Through the Never at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 9th; which means there is also a good chance they would do a show a la Comic-Con in San Diego last month

http://www.metallica.com/news/20130820-5830.asp

Maideneer
08-22-2013, 05:05 AM
Will try to get tickets for this but will be impossible cause I'm not a Metclub member. And I don't have $500 to spend on a ticket. This theater is small, but should be lol watching metal fans go to Harlem, much like when Korn played this venue years ago.

Full Black album perhaps?

ravenheart
08-22-2013, 05:07 AM
That movie looks like such a piece of shit...

hellawaits77ny
08-22-2013, 06:43 AM
Damnit! Wish it could've been the week after, can't make the 21st.

But yes, that movie looks awful.

dcmetal108
08-22-2013, 06:55 AM
The movie looks awful but I still plan on going to the IMAX 3D Midnight screening of it!

TonyD
08-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Full Black album perhaps?

:lol:
Yeah anytime they play one of these special/odd/tiny gigs you would think it's gonna be cool (the setlists are usually good), but the crowd is just a sea of smartphones.

XDoomsayerX
08-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Who cares

girnny777
08-22-2013, 12:38 PM
So wait, are tickets ONLY available for Fan club members and Sirius subscribers?

DisposableJustice
08-22-2013, 04:22 PM
So wait, are tickets ONLY available for Fan club members and Sirius subscribers?

I'm guessing they get first crack at tickets and by that time they will all be gone before the general public gets a chance

Maideneer
09-21-2013, 12:52 PM
I saw pair of tickets sold on ebay for $2,000. Looks like I'm staying home tonight, I don't know anyone to get in.

El Gordo
09-21-2013, 04:40 PM
That movie looks like such a piece of shit...

Indeed.

JRA
09-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Why? Do they really think they're gonna top this?

http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0001JXQ7O.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Maideneer
09-21-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm an idiot. My buddy just got in at the door, Sirius I guess was giving away tix and I missed out. FML I hate myself.

sfhui
09-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Try to buy from scalpers, they have tix for the ComicCon show under $100

Steev
09-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Not a show, but Robert will be in Philly for a screening Thu(I guess Wed night)

darkguardian50
09-27-2013, 03:28 PM
You might think this would suck (and honestly the parts where metallica isn't on screen do kinda) but as many of the reviews have said its probably one of the best concert films ever released. If you are even a small metallica fan I'd pretty much recommend it but only if you can see it in IMAX. Otherwise wait for the dvd.

The 3d is the best use of the 3d I've seen in a long while. Its a mostly irritating format that I generally wish would go away but here its used the way it should be to create immersion and it does it in terrific fashion.

2 thumbs up from me and its great to see them play Justice live again.