PDA

View Full Version : Danzig/Butcher Babies US fall tour

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-19-2013, 08:53 AM
Danzig looks to be touring the US this fall (Oct) with Butcher Babies. I have also heard that Born Of Osiris is trying to land a slot on the tour but I'm not sure if they will in fact be on the tour. Look for an official announcement soon.

metallicbrian666
08-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Apparently Born Of Osiris didn't even know who Danzig was when they asked in an interview? I read that somewhere a while ago

Fuck you

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Apparently Born Of Osiris didn't even know who Danzig was when they asked in an interview? I read that somewhere a while ago

Fuck you

Seriously? They had to be trolling...

300%_Density
08-19-2013, 10:22 AM
If there's a better reason to not show till 9 or 10 this is it.

Jochen
08-19-2013, 10:49 AM
I can't imagine he'll do many more shows this year. He's already covered most of the US, this will probably just be the east coast.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-19-2013, 11:34 AM
I can't imagine he'll do many more shows this year. He's already covered most of the US, this will probably just be the east coast.

I think it will be East Coast with a few Mid-West/Southern dates thrown into the mix. They always leave from Cali & tour back to Cali.

metallicbrian666
08-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Seriously? They had to be trolling...
Hopefully, but then again suburban core kids are mad sheltered.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/07/27/dirt-fest-13-interviews-part-1-born-of-osiris-whos-glenn-danzig/

PVH5150
08-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Calling it now. This will be one of the 3 nights at Rock N Shock.

justinm4bama
08-19-2013, 02:31 PM
If there's a better reason to not show till 9 or 10 this is it.

Yup! :lol:

dcmetal108
08-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Won't hit Chicago I'd assume since Danzig is doing Riot Fest next month.

Nater
08-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Calling it now. This will be one of the 3 nights at Rock N Shock.

10 bucks says night 2. One is a maybe but 3 is almost always ICP or somekind of Psychotic Records group party thing.

kalfitegrdan
08-19-2013, 09:25 PM

http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/07/27/dirt-fest-13-interviews-part-1-born-of-osiris-whos-glenn-danzig/

Wow. That was painful to read.

dcmetal108
08-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Wow. That was painful to read.

I think those guys might be fucking retarded. They could more than likely apply for a handicap pass to park the bus up close to the venue.

Ommie
08-19-2013, 10:11 PM

"That’s it? As far as tours go, any of the bands that you’ve been with, does anybody do anything crazy?
CL: There’s crazy shit that happens every day.
LM: It happens every day. It’s just too much to name.
DD: You almost forget about it.
LM: Yeah, you almost forget about all the crazy shit because there’s always something crazier the next day."

:hecho:

Coma323
08-20-2013, 12:33 AM
10 bucks says night 2. One is a maybe but 3 is almost always ICP or somekind of Psychotic Records group party thing.
Someone was telling me at a show a few weeks ago he heard Zombie was headlining one night.

anomynous
08-20-2013, 01:26 AM
While I like Born of Osiris (even though the new album is questionable), they appear to be some of the biggest toolbags in metal history. Not to mention their business practices are awful.

Nater
08-20-2013, 06:49 AM
Someone was telling me at a show a few weeks ago he heard Zombie was headlining one night.

Maybe he is getting added on but they just announced all 3 days and it's Danzig/Doyle/Butcher Babies/Texas Hippie Coalition

Twisted is day 3. WOOP WOOP

http://rockandshock.com/music/

dcmetal108
08-20-2013, 07:42 AM
Maybe he is getting added on but they just announced all 3 days and it's Danzig/Doyle/Butcher Babies/Texas Hippie Coalition

Twisted is day 3. WOOP WOOP

http://rockandshock.com/music/

Juggalove!

adamclark52
08-20-2013, 08:08 AM
I love Danzig and I love boobs. But I don't think I'll go to this and if I do I won't be showing up for the openers. Who books this shit?

metallicbrian666
08-20-2013, 08:21 AM
I love Danzig and I love boobs. But I don't think I'll go to this and if I do I won't be showing up for the openers. Who books this shit?
I'm pretty sure he just gets total shit for his headline shows, but then gets awesome bands for Blackest Of The Black.

Sucks that I wasn't 17 for the last BOTB, but whatever, I got to see Samhain later

Nater
08-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Besides Danzig it's possibly the worst lineup RnS has had in a while

Coma323
08-20-2013, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Danzig but the RnS show is the same night I'm seeing Godflesh.

electrocute1031
08-20-2013, 11:19 AM
Excited to see A Pale Horse Named Death, Stolen Babies, and Danzig (have yet to check out New Years Day).

InFlamesOfBirchmen
08-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Atlanta, GA -- October 12 -- Center Stage Atlanta! Holy crap I'm excited for this!

PVH5150
08-21-2013, 01:12 PM
More TBA in the coming weeks.

Danzig/Butcher Babies/Texas Hippie Coalition/A Pale Horse Named Death

Oct. 8 - Fort Lauderdale, FL (Revolution)
Oct. 9 - Tampa, FL (Cuban Club)
Oct. 11 - Nashville, TN (Marathon Music Works)
Oct. 12 - Atlanta, GA (Center Stage)
Oct. 13 - Charlotte, NC (Fillmore)
Oct. 15 - Norfolk, VA (NorVa)
Oct. 17 - Niagara Falls, NY (Rapids Theater)
Oct. 18 - Manhattan, NY (Roseland Ballroom)
Oct. 19 - Worcester, MA (Palladium)
Oct. 21 - Pittsburgh, PA (Stage AE)
Oct. 23 - Grand Rapids, MI (Orbit Room)
Oct. 24 - Louisville, KY (Expo Five)
Oct. 26 - Houston, TX (Warehouse Live)
Oct. 27 - Oklahoma City, OK (Diamond Ballroom)
Oct. 29 - El Paso, TX (Tricky Falls)
Oct. 31 - San Francisco, CA (Warfield Theater)

NickLed19
08-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Will go to look at the Butcher Babies and for Danzig of course. THC is cool.

Sanitarium78
08-21-2013, 01:43 PM

NICE!!!:rocker:

Tickets are $25 for this show. Not too bad.

HackedUpForBBQ
08-21-2013, 08:35 PM

I saw Danzig/Doyle at this same venue back in '05...... can't believe it's gonna happen again!

metallicbrian666
08-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Holy fucking shit that is the worst touring lineup ever

RampinUp46
08-21-2013, 09:21 PM
This seems interesting. If there isn't a closer date, I just might have to head to Houston for this one...

ravenheart
08-22-2013, 01:03 AM
Holy fucking shit that is the worst touring lineup ever

Incorrect. Texas Hippie Coalition and A Pale Horse Named Death are both excellent.

NickLed19
08-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Incorrect. Texas Hippie Coalition and A Pale Horse Named Death are both excellent.

Agreed.

adamclark52
08-22-2013, 06:49 AM
I think just having Butcher Babies on the line up alone makes it the worst touring line up ever. They could tour with Faith No More, Type O Negative and Mr. Bungle, it would be the worst touring line up ever.

Sanitarium78
08-22-2013, 06:59 AM
I can't complain about the openers since I've never heard of any of them until this tour was announced. The reason i'm going is Danzig. I'll check the support bands out on youtube and see if there's anything worth showing up early for.

adamclark52
08-22-2013, 08:08 AM
Anything I've heard from Pale Horse Called Death has been decent but unremarkable. They'd be wort checking out.

ravenheart
08-22-2013, 08:20 AM
I can't complain about the openers since I've never heard of any of them until this tour was announced. The reason i'm going is Danzig. I'll check the support bands out on youtube and see if there's anything worth showing up early for.

It's a sad day when metal fans have never heard of the new band with Type O Negative members... after two albums...

metallicbrian666
08-22-2013, 08:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQa6Z1xFq4E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2BouT3rbwA

:lol:

ravenheart
08-22-2013, 08:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQa6Z1xFq4E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2BouT3rbwA

:lol:

Yes?

mankvill
08-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Texas Hippie Coalition plays here like 16 times a year.

Sanitarium78
08-22-2013, 09:40 AM
It's a sad day when metal fans have never heard of the new band with Type O Negative members... after two albums...

Correct, after only two albums that is pretty sad. Why should they bother at this point if metal fans don't know who they are by now? They should probably just quit because what's the point of continuing on if people don't know you by the second album, right?

Checked out a few songs from them on youtube and I think they're pretty good. Texas Hippie Coalition isn't too bad either. Butcher Babies is decent but nothing too special musically.

PVH5150
08-22-2013, 11:29 AM
The vocalist of Texas Hippie Coalition looks like Zakk Wylde fucked Pizza The Hut.

metallicbrian666
08-22-2013, 02:41 PM
The vocalist of Texas Hippie Coalition looks like Zakk Wylde fucked Pizza The Hut.
The music sounds like this described character just dropped his life savings on a confederate flag RIP Dime Tribute Dean ML. Getcha pull, etc

ravenheart
08-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Correct, after only two albums that is pretty sad. Why should they bother at this point if metal fans don't know who they are by now? They should probably just quit because what's the point of continuing on if people don't know you by the second album, right?

100% not my point. I guess if you're going to miss it, you might as well miss it completely :lol:

It was a comment on the fans and their lack of knowledge/effort. Not the band, who are excellent on CD and live.

ravenheart
08-22-2013, 03:06 PM
The music sounds like this described character just dropped his life savings on a confederate flag RIP Dime Tribute Dean ML. Getcha pull, etc

So what you're saying is, you don't like Southern metal. Awesome. That band totally suck because of that :tp:

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-22-2013, 03:16 PM
So what you're saying is, you don't like Southern metal. Awesome. That band totally suck because of that :tp:

It could be worse. That guy could have dropped that change on one of those ESP ouija board guitars...

:D

Chris_M_S
08-23-2013, 06:20 AM
You know what's fun, every day on Mayhem the Butcher Babies would introduce one of their songs by saying "We heard you like that dirty southern metal, so we had to play this song."

*plays song that has literally nothing to do with southern metal*

ravenheart
08-23-2013, 06:49 AM
It could be worse. That guy could have dropped that change on one of those ESP ouija board guitars...

:D

I'm fairly sure all money that band make is spent on fried chicken, to be perfectly honest.

Much the same as Danzig, in that respect.

Steev
08-23-2013, 07:09 AM
You know what's fun, every day on Mayhem the Butcher Babies would introduce one of their songs by saying "We heard you like that dirty southern metal, so we had to play this song."

*plays song that has literally nothing to do with southern metal*

I never paid attention to them

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-23-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm fairly sure all money that band make is spent on fried chicken, to be perfectly honest.

Much the same as Danzig, in that respect.

Lol

mankvill
08-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Ghoul is also opening the show at The Warfield

ravenheart
11-13-2013, 06:21 AM
Looks like this will have been the one and only time US people will get to see A Pale Horse Named Death live.

Sal Abruscato: "I finally got home 9:00pm last night from what seemed an endless journey. I am so happy to see my girls and be with them again alive. We wiped out during the storm and almost crashed in Ohio. Hope all the fans enjoyed seeing us in the states cause it's probably the last time I do this here. The amount of work that was put in to making this tour happen was relentless and ungrateful, you always learn about people on tour and this was no exception. I learned again big time how it is careless, inconsiderate and cruel to be the captain that has the responsibility of running a sinking ship. I cant be superman anymore. I am thankful for the fans that did see us and supported us on this run you definitely saw a once in a lifetime experience that will most likely not happen again."

Sanitarium78
11-13-2013, 06:35 AM
Looks like this will have been the one and only time US people will get to see A Pale Horse Named Death live.

Sal Abruscato: "I finally got home 9:00pm last night from what seemed an endless journey. I am so happy to see my girls and be with them again alive. We wiped out during the storm and almost crashed in Ohio. Hope all the fans enjoyed seeing us in the states cause it's probably the last time I do this here. The amount of work that was put in to making this tour happen was relentless and ungrateful, you always learn about people on tour and this was no exception. I learned again big time how it is careless, inconsiderate and cruel to be the captain that has the responsibility of running a sinking ship. I cant be superman anymore. I am thankful for the fans that did see us and supported us on this run you definitely saw a once in a lifetime experience that will most likely not happen again."

So, in other words, he worked hard and didn't make any money, so they're not coming back here. Wish I could sympathize but that happens with a lot of smaller bands when they go on tour.

ravenheart
11-13-2013, 06:55 AM
So, in other words, he worked hard and didn't make any money, so they're not coming back here. Wish I could sympathize but that happens with a lot of smaller bands when they go on tour.

Wouldn't blame any of those for not touring the US again either. I didn't read "money" from his statement though, so much as I read "assholes".

He's confirmed it was nothing to do with Danzig, who were "super nice".

Steev
11-13-2013, 07:48 AM
Wouldn't blame any of those for not touring the US again either. I didn't read "money" from his statement though, so much as I read "assholes".

He's confirmed it was nothing to do with Danzig, who were "super nice".

I've actually heard alot of good things about Danzig as far as touring with him.

Sadly this seems like another band who is giving up on touring because of how crappy the US audience has become. Sacred Reich posted something similar recently.

justinm4bama
11-13-2013, 08:10 AM
That sucks, but its going to be hard making a name for themselves without touring. Everybody has to start from somewhere.

Sanitarium78
11-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Dealing with assholes is part of every job. I've never had a job where I didn't have to deal with at least one on a regular basis. I guess if it's something he can't work around then I understand the choice he's made. It's too bad that a band that was still in the process of establishing themselves isn't coming to the US anymore.

I'm not surprised to hear that Danzig was nice to them. Both bands have the same drummer after all.

ravenheart
11-13-2013, 10:41 AM
That sucks, but its going to be hard making a name for themselves without touring. Everybody has to start from somewhere.

I guess they think touring Europe is enough. I'll be seeing them next year.

anomynous
11-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Still not as bad as Zetro bitching about Hatriot not being popular and how the US scene sucks when Hatriot hasn't played outside of the California/Las Vegas area yet and Zetro hasn't toured in like ten years.

At least A Pale Horse Named Death attempted to tour.

kalfitegrdan
11-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Sadly this seems like another band who is giving up on touring because of how crappy the US audience has become. Sacred Reich posted something similar recently.

Didn't Malevolent Creation say the same thing? Yet here they are still playing US shows.

Onioner
11-14-2013, 01:49 AM
Still not as bad as Zetro bitching about Hatriot not being popular and how the US scene sucks when Hatriot hasn't played outside of the California/Las Vegas area yet and Zetro hasn't toured in like ten years.

At least A Pale Horse Named Death attempted to tour.

Wait, when did Zetro bitch about Hatriot not being popular? I can totally see him saying that of course, but I don't immediately recall reading anything. I have heard from friends at home that the dude's touring standards are a little high (wants a bus apparently), hence why the band hasn't done a legit US run yet.

anomynous
11-14-2013, 02:05 AM
It was in some recent interview with him I listened to. He didn't exactly say that, but if you listened between the lines.

Great vocalist and I love Hatriot, can't wait for the second album. But Zetro, shut the fuck up.