PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Nation at Sea 2014

ravenheart
08-14-2013, 04:39 AM
Yeah, this is a pretty awesome line-up. Should have made it a regular festival though; the cost of it being a cruise is probably going to be prohibitive when combined with the overall popularity of prog.

February 18-22
Sailing from Miami, FL.

Transatlantic
Portnoy.Sheehan.McAlpine.Sherinian
Jon Anderson
Adrian Belew Power Trio
Devin Townsend
King's X
Riverside
Pain of Salvation
The Flower Kings
Spock's Beard
Animals As Leaders
The Safety Fire
Tony Harnell & Bumblefoot
Bigelf
Haken
Jolly
The Dear Hunter
Beardfish

Dextrimental
08-14-2013, 06:04 AM
Jesus, when did metal and rock fans get rich enough to make cruises a trend? 70,000 tonnes of metal, weezer cruise, KISS cruise, there's a death metal one, this one. Must be a very profitable form of concert!

ravenheart
08-14-2013, 06:27 AM
Jesus, when did metal and rock fans get rich enough to make cruises a trend? 70,000 tonnes of metal, weezer cruise, KISS cruise, there's a death metal one, this one. Must be a very profitable form of concert!

And that's just the Stateside ones. Metal cruises have been common place in Europe for years.

Steev
08-14-2013, 06:30 AM
As a regular festival I'd consider going, I only know a handful of the acts well enough

ravenheart
08-14-2013, 06:38 AM
As a regular festival I'd consider going, I only know a handful of the acts well enough

Indeed. If it were here, and a regular festival, I'd definitely go. I don't even really consider myself a prog fan, but love Bigelf, Riverside, Pain of Salvation, and King's X, and would definitely like to see Portnoy.Sheehan.MacApline.Sherinian.

Steev
08-14-2013, 07:44 AM
Indeed. If it were here, and a regular festival, I'd definitely go. I don't even really consider myself a prog fan, but love Bigelf, Riverside, Pain of Salvation, and King's X, and would definitely like to see Portnoy.Sheehan.MacApline.Sherinian.

For me it'd be Devin Townsend and Kings X, and the curiosity of seeing Portnoy's assorted projects

MPF
08-14-2013, 08:31 AM
If I could afford it I'd be there.

mankvill
08-14-2013, 08:54 AM
A cool venue idea would be a ship that goes out to sea/on the bay/whatever for a few hours and the bands played, then it just docked back after it was over.

ravenheart
08-14-2013, 09:17 AM
A cool venue idea would be a ship that goes out to sea/on the bay/whatever for a few hours and the bands played, then it just docked back after it was over.

Yep. There's no need to actually have a cruise. It's all about the venue.

I'm seeing Damian Wilson play on a boat this month. Not a big boat, but it's a boat, with a bar, it will be awesome.

Why don't you buy a ship and start holding gigs in the giant expanses of water in Kansas?

christopher
08-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Why don't you buy a ship and start holding gigs in the giant expanses of water in Kansas?

Those don't exist. :lol: He might as well buy a ship and put it in the middle of a corn field and have the show on that.

TonyD
08-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Those don't exist. :lol: He might as well buy a ship and put it in the middle of a corn field and have the show on that.

Still would be awesome

ravenheart
08-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Those don't exist. :lol:

My point.