Break In
Familiar Taste Of Poison
Drum Solo
Slave To The Grind (Skid Row cover)
It's Not You
I Get Off

Here's To Us
I Miss The Misery

Free show last night down near the Erie canal harbor in downtown Buffalo. Unfortunately, because of apartment complexes being only a few hundred yards away from where the show was happening the curfew was 930. Still, Halestorm rocked the place and played a really good set. I'm not sure if something was holding the show up because they didn't come out until about ten after eight which was almost an hour after the last band played. Excellent performance by the band still. They sound perfect live, I didn't hear a flaw in anything they did and Lzzy's voice was fantastic. She is a great front woman and really knows how to work the stage and crowd very well. As if you actually needed that as a reason to watch her in the first place;)

Normally i'm not a fan of covers but being the huge Dio fan I am and the fact that we will never see Ronnie play anything again live I loved the cover they did. The Skid Row cover was great to and Lzzy hit the notes just as well as Bach can. They played the songs true to the originals as well which I always like when it comes to bands doing covers.

I think Here's To Us should have ended the show instead of Misery. Not that I don't like the song, it's just Here's To Us has this great finale feel to it and Misery didn't quite come off as well as the closer because of that. That's the only gripe I had with the show.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Love Bites (So Do I)
Mz. Hyde
You Call Me A Bitch Like It's A Bad Thing
Freak Like Me
Daughters Of Darkness
Innocence
Straight Through The Heart (Dio cover)
Rock Show
Break In
Familiar Taste Of Poison
Drum Solo
Slave To The Grind (Skid Row cover)
It's Not You
I Get Off

Here's To Us
I Miss The Misery

Free show last night down near the Erie canal harbor in downtown Buffalo. Unfortunately, because of apartment complexes being only a few hundred yards away from where the show was happening the curfew was 930. Still, Halestorm rocked the place and played a really good set. I'm not sure if something was holding the show up because they didn't come out until about ten after eight which was almost an hour after the last band played. Excellent performance by the band still. They sound perfect live, I didn't hear a flaw in anything they did and Lzzy's voice was fantastic. She is a great front woman and really knows how to work the stage and crowd very well. As if you actually needed that as a reason to watch her in the first place;)

Normally i'm not a fan of covers but being the huge Dio fan I am and the fact that we will never see Ronnie play anything again live I loved the cover they did. The Skid Row cover was great to and Lzzy hit the notes just as well as Bach can. They played the songs true to the originals as well which I always like when it comes to bands doing covers.

I think Here's To Us should have ended the show instead of Misery. Not that I don't like the song, it's just Here's To Us has this great finale feel to it and Misery didn't quite come off as well as the closer because of that. That's the only gripe I had with the show.
Great set, but Freak Like Me needs to open the show IMO, and it needs American Boys.

Sanitarium78
08-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Great set, but Freak Like Me needs to open the show IMO, and it needs American Boys.

I think Freak is one of those songs that'll work no matter where they put it in the set. As for them not playing American Boys, it's possible because of the early curfew some songs may have been cut. But that song really isn't a must play from the new album. The other ones they did I think are though.

Sinister_Chalupa666
08-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Naw, Love Bites is their best opening song. It's perfect the way it starts with the counting and then they rip into the song.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Naw, Love Bites is their best opening song. It's perfect the way it starts with the counting and then they rip into the song.

It is a good opener, no doubt about that, but content wise Freak Like Me IMO works better.

Sanitarium78
08-10-2013, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't use Freak as an opener at some point. But Love Bites works just fine and like most bands they're just opening the show with the first track off the most recent album.