PDA

View Full Version : Things you hate

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

SomewhereInTime72
06-17-2014, 09:03 PM
The fact that my computer is now so old and slow and browsers are now such memory-hogs, that listening to music while browsing the internet is now a difficult chore for me. :bouville:

John The Drummer
06-18-2014, 09:59 AM
When people hit "Reply to All" on media text messages.
My guitarist is always sending goofy pictures out to multiple people, and I am ALWAYS getting texts from unknown numbers responding to it.

dcmetal108
06-18-2014, 11:40 AM
I hate that my job gives me shitty hours which makes living at home suck because I can't get my mom off my back sometimes.

I wish I could just find a decent full time job that would give me a steady schedule.

illuminatus917
06-18-2014, 03:25 PM
I wish I could just find a decent full time job that would give me a steady schedule.

We could probably have a sub-'hate' thread that's dedicated to just discussing our jobs, the economy, unemployment, how job searching sucks, what we hate about our jobs, etc.

mankvill
06-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Canon's dumb as fuck "Canon Image Gateway" thing to upload photos to your computer wirelessly. It's awesome...when it's not down. :bouville:

Sanitarium78
06-18-2014, 08:28 PM

Where do you work and how do they schedule you?

You're young, so finding something steady will eventually happen. Some places don't like to schedule younger people steadily since they're seen as inexperienced and unreliable. I'm not saying that's what you are but unfortunately that's how it goes at many places.

dcmetal108
06-18-2014, 09:08 PM
I work for CVS Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician.

I have open availability and THERE IS NO RHYME OR REASON FOR MY HOURS! They change every fucking week almost.

Also I've been at the job for a year and half and they know I'm good and theres only like 7 people in the pharmacy anyway.

Spiner202
06-20-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm getting totally disillusioned with modern metal fans. Reading the Dragonforce thread on MA gives me a headache. I also can't deal with how many terrible bands get praise (looking at you Iron Dogs and Ranger (Ranger isn't terrible, but they steal riffs and aren't that interesting)), while less original yet better bands get slagged on constantly (Skull Fist, Cauldron, etc.). I'm 100% convinced it's a popularity thing. I know people say that it's not about how obscure a band is, but it most definitely is.

Even browsing /r/powermetal, you can see how there are quite a few people who hate Dragonforce yet love power metal, even though Dragonforce is just a faster, more intense, catchier version of 99% of power metal. HammerFall is another casualty, but I've given up on people liking them. Metal should be fun, and those bands make it fun, but that's no grvm enough.

This is actually the one reason I love that I run a 'zine, because even though nobody agrees with most of my opinions, I feel they're pretty worthwhile. Songwriting, memorability, and quality riffs > everything else in metal. Ironically, I actually have a buddy at school that has almost identical taste to what I like (he likes more doom and less power metal than I do, but we worship most of the same bands otherwise).

slapguitarer
06-20-2014, 06:10 PM
But all power metal sucks, silly goose.

ravenheart
06-21-2014, 06:28 AM
Songwriting, memorability, and quality riffs

Except most of those bands, DragonFall, Skull Fist and Cauldron included, don't have any of these things.

adamclark52
06-24-2014, 02:05 PM
I fucking hate talking on the phone. And if I don't answer the first time you call, maybe I'm busy. Maybe I'm in the washroom? I probably just don't want to talk. Don't call back thirty seconds later because I won't answer then either.

slapguitarer
06-24-2014, 02:08 PM
I decided to make a smoothie with my mom's nutrisystem bullet juicer thing. Load it up with an apple, strawberries, and grapes, and I cut all of it into small pieces. Follow all instructions, set it on the thing and it starts blending. It kept on blending for like 5 minutes, which I thought was unusual but whatever. Decided to go to my room and wait until I heard it stop. 5 minutes later I hear a loud thud and walk outside. The cup got flung into the wall, the blender thing is smoking, and there's juice on every inch of the fucking kitchen. It took an hour clean. I'm glad I wasn't in the kitchen when I happened though.

John The Drummer
06-24-2014, 02:15 PM
I fucking hate talking on the phone. And if I don't answer the first time you call, maybe I'm busy. Maybe I'm in the washroom? I probably just don't want to talk. Don't call back thirty seconds later because I won't answer then either.

:lol: I used to be the same way some years ago, but my job requires lots of phone answering so I've grown to prefer phone calls :D

I decided to make a smoothie with my mom's nutrisystem bullet juicer thing. Load it up with an apple, strawberries, and grapes, and I cut all of it into small pieces. Follow all instructions, set it on the thing and it starts blending. It kept on blending for like 5 minutes, which I thought was unusual but whatever. Decided to go to my room and wait until I heard it stop. 5 minutes later I hear a loud thud and walk outside. The cup got flung into the wall, the blender thing is smoking, and there's juice on every inch of the fucking kitchen. It took an hour clean. I'm glad I wasn't in the kitchen when I happened though.

"WHATS THAT SMELL THATS ALL OVER YOU, SLAPPY!?"
"New cologne..... its called I Broke Moms Juicer And Now I Smell Fruity."

AnthG
06-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Dick Masterson. He just comes across as way too much of a scumbag. I know part of his character is the whole "Men are better than women" thing, which I get. I actually found his Dr. Phil appearence some years back pretty amusing at times. But he does a podcast now with Maddox (the dude behind The Best Page In the Universe and The Alphabet of Manliness), which is cool because Maddox makes me laugh, but then when Dick Masteron speaks it's like "Ugh, this asshole?". I don't know, he just comes across as really scummy even outside of his "Men are better than women" shtick. So maybe I don't hate him, more just kind of annoyed by him.

John The Drummer
06-24-2014, 03:27 PM
Dick Masterson. He just comes across as way too much of a scumbag. I know part of his character is the whole "Men are better than women" thing, which I get. I actually found his Dr. Phil appearence some years back pretty amusing at times. But he does a podcast now with Maddox (the dude behind The Best Page In the Universe and The Alphabet of Manliness), which is cool because Maddox makes me laugh, but then when Dick Masteron speaks it's like "Ugh, this asshole?". I don't know, he just comes across as really scummy even outside of his "Men are better than women" shtick. So maybe I don't hate him, more just kind of annoyed by him.
You'd be a scumbag too if you're name was Dick Masterson

AnthG
06-24-2014, 04:09 PM
I was always under the impression Dick Masterson wasn't his real name.

illuminatus917
06-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Dick Masterson on Dr. Phil was awesome. He succeeded brilliantly in pissing off all the annoying, "I'll clap after every sentence Dr. Phil completes" women that he always attracts and has in his audience.

Dr. Phil didn't have any answer for him, either. He kind of went in there and stole the program if I remember.

Outside of that, I've never paid attention to him.

dcmetal108
06-24-2014, 05:34 PM
I hate that fucking Comcast is shit.

I have them out here almost monthly and yet the internet for over a week only works every now and then rarely.

SomewhereInTime72
06-24-2014, 08:38 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I hate speaking on the phone with people. It just makes me uncomfortable to be talking to someone but without us being able to see each other and body language and such. If we're going to impersonally talk just friggin' email me so I can think about what I want to say, it'll be faster for the both of us and I'll probably get back to you sooner.

Don't get me started on voicemails though. :lol:

John The Drummer
06-24-2014, 08:45 PM

You must be under 21 :lol:

SomewhereInTime72
06-24-2014, 08:50 PM
You must be under 21 :lol:

24!

Text messaging and caller ID being standard on phones is nearly 15 years old now. There is no excuse to waste both people's time in 99% of situations. :2cents: Unless you're still afraid of change after literally more than a decade. ;)

adamclark52
06-25-2014, 01:28 AM
I know exactly what you mean. I hate speaking on the phone with people. It just makes me uncomfortable to be talking to someone but without us being able to see each other and body language and such. If we're going to impersonally talk just friggin' email me so I can think about what I want to say, it'll be faster for the both of us and I'll probably get back to you sooner.

My big problem is when people call with no real purpose or stall and force a conversation.

"So...how ya doing?"

"...Fine...fuck off".

Like you said, contact me by a simple e-mail. Question. Answer.

ravenheart
06-25-2014, 02:51 AM
The only people I talk to on the phone with any regularity at all are my parents, my brother, and my landlord.

Everyone else it's email or text unless we have something specific to discuss, like when a couple of us are planning a festival trip or something.

Plus, 90% of people's written skills are fucking awful.

El Gordo
06-25-2014, 03:22 AM
Plus, 90% of people's written skills are fucking awful.

This! Drives me insane.

dcmetal108
06-25-2014, 10:04 AM
I hate talking to people on the phone at my job in the pharmacy who don't know how to end a conversation or even say what they wanted to. So I instead have to play 20 questions and just guess what they want.

Most people won't even say their names but instead just say what they want so I'll have to be like "And who are you?"

300%_Density
06-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Scratching your ankle or leg w/ a pen, only to realize the pen was out. Now I have a pen marked ankle. Dammit.

PVH5150
06-25-2014, 03:40 PM
I hate that fucking Comcast is shit.

I have them out here almost monthly and yet the internet for over a week only works every now and then rarely.

Only ISP here worth a damn. I've had them for over a decade with minimal problems.

adamclark52
06-26-2014, 06:35 AM
I hate it when ordering shit off the internet works. Like when I go to enter my info and some third party site says all my info is correct. Who needs that shit? I didn't want those tickets anyway. Someone else can have them. I didn't really want to go anyway, I was just trying to by tickets for shits and giggles. Just to see what I could get *if I really wanted to*. It's better when it just tells me my information is wrong. That's funny. My time is worth wasting.

Oh, and fuck you VISA, fuck you ticketmaster.

smearCampaign
06-26-2014, 06:42 AM
I hate it when ordering shit off the internet works. Like when I go to enter my info and some third party site says all my info is correct. Who needs that shit? I didn't want those tickets anyway. Someone else can have them. I didn't really want to go anyway, I was just trying to by tickets for shits and giggles. Just to see what I could get *if I really wanted to*. It's better when it just tells me my information is wrong. That's funny. My time is worth wasting.

Sooooo.... you went on ticketmaster to browse for tickets but somehow made it through the entire checkout process without wanting to or realizing it? :confused:

What tickets did you end up with?

AnthG
06-26-2014, 07:22 AM

Wait...what the fuck are you complaining about? Are you being satirical? Am I missing something? Goddamn i'm so fucking confused!

dcmetal108
06-26-2014, 08:44 AM
Only ISP here worth a damn. I've had them for over a decade with minimal problems.

i guess Comcast came out yesterday and ran some tests and said within a 24 hour period that had over 150 recorded instances of the internet crashing.

John The Drummer
06-26-2014, 09:03 AM
i guess Comcast came out yesterday and ran some tests and said within a 24 hour period that had over 150 recorded instances of the internet crashing.
Could be a wiring issue on the outside. I have Frontier and I was having tons of issues with internet and phone line as well. Dude came out and said the wiring was damaged. Fixed it... bam.

John The Drummer
06-26-2014, 09:30 AM
24!

Text messaging and caller ID being standard on phones is nearly 15 years old now. There is no excuse to waste both people's time in 99% of situations. :2cents: Unless you're still afraid of change after literally more than a decade. ;)

:lol: I know. I actually don't mind voicemail, given the circumstance. If its soemone who I don't want to talk to at the time I can just let it roll and hear whats up instead of trying to read into a text message. It's probably just me because my Dad and I still have a land line and use our answering machine :)

On a similar note... I REALLY HATE PEOPLE THAT CALL ME THE MOMENT I TEXT THEM WHILE IM AT WORK. Its like, "Yo dude... umm... you know I work a normal job, so why you callin me when you know I can't pick up?" :lol:

adamclark52
06-26-2014, 09:34 AM
Wait...what the fuck are you complaining about? Are you being satirical? Am I missing something? Goddamn i'm so fucking confused!

Sooooo.... you went on ticketmaster to browse for tickets but somehow made it through the entire checkout process without wanting to or realizing it? :confused:

What tickets did you end up with?

Sarcasm. I made it through the whole process only to have some new VISA verification thing at the end that when I out all my info in it said I was wrong. One time I got through it to get one set of tickets (Green Bay at Buffalo in December) the second time I couldn't get through (Miami at Buffalo in September). Then I lost the Miami tickets. It was some presale and none are available now.

Sarcasm and very tired because I went to bed at four and had to get up at eight-thirty for the presale.

dcmetal108
06-26-2014, 09:48 AM
Could be a wiring issue on the outside. I have Frontier and I was having tons of issues with internet and phone line as well. Dude came out and said the wiring was damaged. Fixed it... bam.

They fix the wires every time they come out. Comcast sucks dick.

ravenheart
06-26-2014, 10:01 AM
Sarcasm. I made it through the whole process only to have some new VISA verification thing at the end that when I out all my info in it said I was wrong. One time I got through it to get one set of tickets (Green Bay at Buffalo in December) the second time I couldn't get through (Miami at Buffalo in September). Then I lost the Miami tickets. It was some presale and none are available now.

Sarcasm and very tired because I went to bed at four and had to get up at eight-thirty for the presale.

We've had Verified By Visa here for a few years now. Never had a problem with it, and appreciate the extra level of security to be honest, since so many websites store card details now.

adamclark52
06-26-2014, 10:04 AM
We've had Verified By Visa here for a few years now. Never had a problem with it, and appreciate the extra level of security to be honest, since so many websites store card details now.

We've had various levels of verification over the years. It seems to change all the time. Usually during a crunch-time like today. And I wouldn't mind it if it hadn't said my correct information was incorrect. Or, if the second time I clicked on the same button that I clicked the first time and was able to bypass it worked.

SomewhereInTime72
06-26-2014, 07:42 PM
On a similar note... I REALLY HATE PEOPLE THAT CALL ME THE MOMENT I TEXT THEM WHILE IM AT WORK. Its like, "Yo dude... umm... you know I work a normal job, so why you callin me when you know I can't pick up?" :lol:

:lol: Holy crap that's the worst.

The entire reason texting is good is because you can easily be too busy to talk and not too busy to text. It's mostly only my dad who does this though. :lol:

John The Drummer
06-30-2014, 10:13 AM
I really dislike the Metal-Archives boards. I decided to give it another shot since work has been slow and its one of the few sites that isn't slow on my work computer... but unless you're talking about equipment, everyone there just seems to have pissing contests over who knows more about band A or band B, everyone posts multi-paragraph long responses to back up their knowledge, and the mods are just insanely strict and if they don't like what you post about then insta-delete/ban/locking of thread.

I'll stick to the "For The Musicians" section v__v

Spiner202
06-30-2014, 10:24 AM
I really dislike the Metal-Archives boards. I decided to give it another shot since work has been slow and its one of the few sites that isn't slow on my work computer... but unless you're talking about equipment, everyone there just seems to have pissing contests over who knows more about band A or band B, everyone posts multi-paragraph long responses to back up their knowledge, and the mods are just insanely strict and if they don't like what you post about then insta-delete/ban/locking of thread.

I'll stick to the "For The Musicians" section v__v

Yup. I was told that I can't compare bands of different subgenres. Apparently it's impossible to determine if Iron Maiden is better than Havok or not. It's not even so much what they're saying as how they say it:

They're not even comparable because they're not even in the same subgenre of metal. What the hell are you doing?

Stop talking fucking nonsense.

illuminatus917
06-30-2014, 12:50 PM
everyone posts multi-paragraph long responses

I dislike some things about Metal Archives, but not this. The posters there are very prone to actually flesh out their ideas and generate discussion. We could use more of that around here.

Nausea
06-30-2014, 02:59 PM
I hate metal bands that rely on a gimmick to sell music, instead of their actual music. I also hate how some fans of metal think that you need to dress the part to like the music.

John The Drummer
07-02-2014, 11:45 AM
I hate metal bands that rely on a gimmick to sell music, instead of their actual music. I also hate how some fans of metal think that you need to dress the part to like the music.

I cannot begin how much I agree with this. "WTF? He's dressed all normal, why is he here/in this band?" Sorry, but people in black metal can be normal people too.

I really hate how everyone is suddenly using the word "hyperbolic" over the last week or two. Was that used on Game of Thrones or something and now everyone thinks its cool?

smearCampaign
07-02-2014, 12:08 PM
I cannot begin how much I agree with this. "WTF? He's dressed all normal, why is he here/in this band?" Sorry, but people in black metal can be normal people too.

Haha. Right?! I know some very straight laced looking people that love the most evil black metal.

mankvill
07-02-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm assuming most of the people that hate Deafheaven hate them because of how they look.

slapguitarer
07-02-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm assuming most of the people that hate Deafheaven hate them because of how they look.

Pretty much but if you look at the band tees they wear it's obvious they listen to the same kind of shit a lot of purists worship.

mankvill
07-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Pretty much but if you look at the band tees they wear it's obvious they listen to the same kind of shit a lot of purists worship.

If you played The Pecan Tree or Unrequited for a kid over a CD player or something so they couldn't see the name of the band, they'd think it was a 90s Norwegian BM band

slapguitarer
07-02-2014, 12:49 PM
If you played The Pecan Tree or Unrequited for a kid over a CD player or something so they couldn't see the name of the band, they'd think it was a 90s Norwegian BM band

Not really, that's a stretch. I might argue that for a track like Libertine Dissolves or Languages games, but there those tracks you said have extended clean parts and the hooks at the end aren't very BM at all.

Nausea
07-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Haha. Right?! I know some very straight laced looking people that love the most evil black metal.

There are even black metal bands that don't need to go though the whole corpse paint thing. Like Samuel is awesome. or Nachtmystium, Emperor, etc...

Im not saying corpse paint is necessarily bad thing.... Only that it isnt my thing. If you feel more comfortable putting on white face paint and making yourself look like a zombie or something, uhh.. more power to you? I feel more comfortable in the clothes I wear and without face paint because that's who I am. I don't go to concerts to make a fashion statement, I go to listen to the music and see the performance for bands that I like.

Nausea
07-02-2014, 12:55 PM

In what way?

illuminatus917
07-02-2014, 12:57 PM

Except for when The Pecan Tree hits the 4:25 mark.

smearCampaign
07-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Not really, that's a stretch. I might argue that for a track like Libertine Dissolves or Languages games, but there those tracks you said have extended clean parts and the hooks at the end aren't very BM at all.

Agreed, while they use black metal techniques I feel like their compositions have dark parts but ultimately move towards more 'uplifting' elements and for the most part lack feeling of total despair that most Scandinavian BM brings. I think a big part of their wide appeal is that there is something to their sound that feels life affirming.

moobys37
07-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Bath Salts.

slapguitarer
07-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Agreed, while they use black metal techniques I feel like their compositions have dark parts but ultimately move towards more 'uplifting' elements and for the most part lack feeling of total despair that most Scandinavian BM brings. I think a big part of their wide appeal is that there is something to their sound that feels life affirming.

absolutely this

smearCampaign
07-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Bath Salts.

Like real bath salts or the white trash drug, face-eating zombie kind?

John The Drummer
07-02-2014, 01:01 PM
There are even black metal bands that don't need to go though the whole corpse paint thing. Like Samuel is awesome. or Nachtmystium, Emperor, etc...

Im not saying corpse paint is necessarily bad thing.... Only that it isnt my thing. If you feel more comfortable putting on white face paint and making yourself look like a zombie or something, uhh.. more power to you? I feel more comfortable in the clothes I wear and without face paint because that's who I am. I don't go to concerts to make a fashion statement, I go to listen to the music and see the performance for bands that I like.

A good example is Ihsahn's solo bad. They look like a bunch "hipsters" or "indie kids", not metal in the slightest, which is great!

moobys37
07-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Like real bath salts or the white trash drug, face-eating zombie kind?

Real bath salts. My grandma got me a spa treatment and a gift card for the place and the girl at the counter said they'd "make a bath feel like heaven on earth" so I picked up a box along with a new razor.

The razor is amazing but the bath salts didn't do fuck all :(

moobys37
07-02-2014, 01:09 PM
A good example is Ihsahn's solo bad. They look like a bunch "hipsters" or "indie kids", not metal in the slightest, which is great!

Leprous is pretty fucking metal though :cool:

mankvill
07-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Except for when The Pecan Tree hits the 4:25 mark.

I forgot that no other black metal band has lighter interludes in their songs.

Only Blasphemy and Teitanblood are real

slapguitarer
07-02-2014, 01:13 PM

yeah but you said in your post old school Norwegian BM bands.

illuminatus917
07-02-2014, 01:15 PM

Point me to a 90s Norwegian black metal band that, at any time, played a passage like the 4:25 - 8:00 passage in The Pecan Tree.

mankvill
07-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Point me to a 90s Norwegian black metal band that, at any time, played a passage like the 4:25 - 8:00 passage in The Pecan Tree.

I'm not saying they did but black metal has evolved and Deafheaven incorporates influences from other genres into their music - just because theyu aren't TR00 KVLT BLACK METAL doesn't mean they aren't black metal and are "hipster".

1. This is coming from someone who loves TR00 KVLT BLACK METAL
2. You and a lot of people misuse the term "hipster"

slapguitarer
07-02-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm not saying they did but black metal has evolved and Deafheaven incorporates influences from other genres into their music - just because theyu aren't TR00 KVLT BLACK METAL doesn't mean they aren't black metal and are "hipster".

1. This is coming from someone who loves TR00 KVLT BLACK METAL

Yea. Duh. We're the same. But if you make a statement like "The Pecan Tree is just like 90's Norwegian black metal", you're wrong. But just because that statement is wrong doesn't mean Deafheaven are any less black metal. Just as you said, the genre has evolved.

mankvill
07-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Yea. Duh. We're the same. But if you make a statement like "The Pecan Tree is just like 90's Norwegian black metal", you're wrong. But just because that statement is wrong doesn't mean Deafheaven are any less black metal. Just as you said, the genre has evolved.

90s black metal a shit

pitchfork black metal uber alles

illuminatus917
07-02-2014, 01:22 PM

I actually don't think I've ever used "hipster" to describe Deafheaven's music. I've just used it to describe a lot of the kids that listen to the music.

slapguitarer
07-02-2014, 01:30 PM
90s black metal a shit

pitchfork black metal uber alles

p much

ravenheart
07-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Plugins in browsers constantly crashing because of shitty ads.

Spiner202
07-07-2014, 06:38 AM
Every one of my favourite distros is having amazing sales on either now, or in the coming weeks. Combine that with the fact that from July 22-September 16, there are 8 new releases coming out that I want, and I'm going to be quite poor.

I don't mind making a big order once in a while, but this is just getting out of hand.

ravenheart
07-07-2014, 07:44 AM
Every one of my favourite distros is having amazing sales on either now, or in the coming weeks

At least you actually HAVE distro sales.

Spiner202
07-07-2014, 07:49 AM
At least you actually HAVE distro sales.

To be fair, only one of them is a true sale. The other two are just distro updates (which are few and far between for those distros, just always high in quality).

treghet
07-07-2014, 07:51 AM

Emperor wore corpse paint up through their first tour in 1993 and stopped afterward. However, you shouldn't assume that people are trying to make a fashion statement because they don't dress like you do at shows. It's just as stupid as if those people were assuming you aren't into the bands because you dress casually.

treghet
07-07-2014, 07:52 AM
I dislike some things about Metal Archives, but not this. The posters there are very prone to actually flesh out their ideas and generate discussion. We could use more of that around here.

Yes, we could use some more in depth discussion here, but what I dislike about Metal Archives is that everything seems so forced. The mods there are so ridiculously strict on the "discussion" that it seems like everybody is pressured into making unnecessarily long posts for the sake of doing so.

Perhaps not as beautiful sounding and the keys are absent, but Ulver played a somewhat similar style to that part on their demo, Vargnatt. My issue with Deafheaven is not how they look but how they incorporate shoegaze with black metal. As I've said before, the genres are polar opposites, and although I can see how that might be interesting to some people, it just doesn't work for me. I like them separately, not together.

Nausea
07-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Emperor wore corpse paint up through their first tour in 1993 and stopped afterward. However, you shouldn't assume that people are trying to make a fashion statement because they don't dress like you do at shows. It's just as stupid as if those people were assuming you aren't into the bands because you dress casually.

Completely agree. I wasnt making an assumption that people should all dress like me. I dont have any problem with people wearing corpse paint, or dressing goth, or however people want to dress. If dressing like that makes them feel comfortable and feel like themselves, then great keep doing that. Likewise no one should have a problem with me showing up to a metal concert in normal street clothes either. I've actually had people make negative comments about me not looking metal. My response was simply "since when has Metal Music become some sort of fashion show?"

Yeah Emperor stopped wearing it when it became trendy to wear it. That was awesome of them.

MetalIsArt
07-07-2014, 11:22 AM
I think Impaled Nazarene stopped wearing it for the exact same reason.

illuminatus917
07-07-2014, 11:41 AM
Perhaps not as beautiful sounding and the keys are absent, but Ulver played a somewhat similar style to that part on their demo, Vargnatt. My issue with Deafheaven is not how they look but how they incorporate shoegaze with black metal. As I've said before, the genres are polar opposites, and although I can see how that might be interesting to some people, it just doesn't work for me. I like them separately, not together.

I understand that. I actually don't have an issue with combining black metal and shoegaze. I think Alcest did it beautifully earlier in their career. My issue with Sunbather isn't that, it's how they did it. It feels incredibly forced and uninspired to me. And very rudimentary in nearly every respect.

Of all the pieces of art that have come, and are coming, out of metal, I don't understand why this one had to make such a ridiculous splash.

John The Drummer
07-07-2014, 11:47 AM
I really hate day time TV. It's no wonder people who are unemployed and sit around watching TV all day are so depressed (not taking a cheap shot, just being factual). Every other commercial is about depression and hair loss and pills for this and that and everything has terrible side effects!

AnthG
07-08-2014, 05:35 AM
- When people say "first and last" or "first and only" when they can just say "only"

- When people say "Half a dozen" instead of just "six"

ravenheart
07-08-2014, 05:41 AM
- When people say "first and last" or "first and only" when they can just say "only"

- When people say "Half a dozen" instead of just "six"

There is absolutely nothing wrong with either of these things. What's wrong with you? :finger:

I can understand not approving when it's used at the wrong times, but especially in the case of former, that form has specific contextual relevance if used at the right times.

AnthG
07-08-2014, 06:03 AM
Both are a complete waste of time and syllables, and you accomplish the exact same thing and still get your point across with their respective replacements.

John The Drummer
07-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Both are a complete waste of time and syllables, and you accomplish the exact same thing and still get your point across with their respective replacements.

That's not as bad as people telling me they need a "Front Headlight" or a "Rear Brake Light".... where else would those be?

PVH5150
07-08-2014, 10:51 AM
That's not as bad as people telling me they need a "Front Headlight" or a "Rear Brake Light".... where else would those be?

Finally, someone else feels my pain.

The worst is dealing with the municipalities and construction workers because the majority of them are so fucking vague.

"Yeah, I need rotors and calipers for a Chevy."
"Ok, what model?"
"The pickup."

In my mind: "Silverado....Colorado...S10...I'm not a fucking mind reader."

John The Drummer
07-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Finally, someone else feels my pain.

The worst is dealing with the municipalities and construction workers because the majority of them are so fucking vague.

"Yeah, I need rotors and calipers for a Chevy."
"Ok, what model?"
"The pickup."

In my mind: "Silverado....Colorado...S10...I'm not a fucking mind reader."

OMMMMMG THIS!
I think I said this a few weeks ago, but my favorite was always "I need some car parts." "Ok.... what do you need?" "I'm not sure."

HackedUpForBBQ
07-10-2014, 12:06 AM
-When you say hi to someone and they don't even acknowledge you
-When someone only says hi when you say it to them first

Fucking burns my biscuits, man. If you can't even utter one syllable or even give a nod of the head to someone saying hi to you then you might as well go and lay in an intersection. Where the hell did common courtesy go? Since when is being a decent human being a sign of weakness? Is it really THAT painful to not be rude and cunty? Why is it beneath some people to simply treat others right? Assholes like that need to be gutted like fish

Nausea
07-10-2014, 07:09 AM

Fucking burns my biscuits, man. If you can't even utter one syllable or even give a nod of the head to someone saying hi to you then you might as well go and lay in an intersection. Where the hell did common courtesy go? Since when is being a decent human being a sign of weakness? Is it really THAT painful to not be rude and cunty? Why is it beneath some people to simply treat others right? Assholes like that need to be gutted like fish

When a conversation starts with someone (regardless of if it was initiated by me or not), I make a habit of either giving them a complement or making it seem like I am genuinely interested in them. Do I really care? No, but it makes them feel better about life, and oftentimes has positive outcome for me.

Like last weekend I went down to Sams Club because i had a directTV 200 dollars GC, but I didnt have a membership there. So I am waiting in line and the person two people in front of me asks for a day pass, and the worker is all pissed and says you have to request that online and she can't do anything for him. And then her and the customer get in this shouting match and he walks off telling her to fuck off and that he will never come back. Something like that... Anyways I heard everything she said so I knew I probably wasnt going to get a day pass either. But I walk up and say "Hi! How has your day been going so far?" and she says something like "Honestly pretty crappy. It's difficult dealing with customers yelling at you all day" and I say "Aww Im really sorry to hear that. You're just doing your job, people should really just treat you with the type of respect they'd like to receive" and she says "That's very kind of you to say... How can I help you" - "Well Im not a member, but would like to look around and maybe buy something today. Could I get a day pass" - and she says "well you are supposed to request that online" and I say "Oh okay, thank you for the information. I sure hope your day turns around" and she says "Hold up... I like you, here let me get you a day pass".

Don't misunderstand what im saying... My motivation isnt manipulation but really just that I would like society operating with some level of common decency. Changing society is a large task, but it can start with me. And a positive side effect of this, is people in turn treat you with the same sort of kindness you've shown them.

AnthG
07-10-2014, 07:46 AM

While i'm not condoning being outright rude or dismissive, if you're not interested in having a conversation with someone, there's not point at taking it past the "Hi" stage. Then it becomes an awkward conversation for one, or potentially both, sides that no one really wants to be in.

When a conversation starts with someone (regardless of if it was initiated by me or not), I make a habit of either giving them a complement or making it seem like I am genuinely interested in them. Do I really care? No, but it makes them feel better about life, and oftentimes has positive outcome for me.

See, I think that's incredibly disingenuous and misleading a person into thinking you actually give a shit when you don't. I'd prefer the other way: If you're not genuinely interested in me, don't fucking bother.

illninoese
07-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Using my turn signal when attempting to cut across the street and that lone asshole coming the other direction sees you and decides to speed up on purpose to make sure that you not only don't get a chance to go until he passes you but also that you don't get to enter the empty lane right next to him.

Natrlhi
07-10-2014, 09:51 AM
See, I think that's incredibly disingenuous and misleading a person into thinking you actually give a shit when you don't. I'd prefer the other way: If you're not genuinely interested in me, don't fucking bother.
If I ever get a chance to meet you, I'm going to ignore the fuck out of you because I don't really know you well enough to know whether I genuinely care about you and your feelings or not. :lol:

But seriously, that's a rather cynical way to look at it.

Have you been Facebooking with ravenheart when you're not surfing this forum?

Nausea
07-10-2014, 09:53 AM

Most people would prefer you acting genuinely interested in them. I know because I see the reaction I get from people when I do this. And frankly they should know im not genuinely interested in what they say because typically they are strangers or someone I am not close too. Like the example I gave- Why would that store clerk really think I give a shit about her day? She probably doesnt but appreciated me being friendly and emphasizing with her shitty day.

AnthG
07-10-2014, 09:55 AM
I'm not saying flat out ignore everyone. If you don't know someone and are talking to them to see what they're like, that's not the same fucking thing as not genuinely caring and still deciding to have a conversation with them and being phony as fuck, especially if your reason for doing so is some sort of personal gain. It's just a dishonest way of doing things, and you're misleading them into thinking the relationship between the two of you is something that it isn't, and may cause issues down the line depending on how often you run into that person.

As for chatting with ravenheart...lol.

Natrlhi
07-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Why would that store clerk really think I give a shit about her day? She probably doesnt but appreciated me being friendly and emphasizing with her shitty day.
I take it you mean empathizing. Emphasizing would basically be akin to highlighting the fact that she is having a shitty day, thereby making it worse. :lol:

marker
07-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Using my turn signal when attempting to cut across the street and that lone asshole coming the other direction sees you and decides to speed up on purpose to make sure that you not only don't get a chance to go until he passes you but also that you don't get to enter the empty lane right next to him.

Or assholes who don't use turn signals when they should. By the time you notice they're turning you could have already pulled out, turned left, or whatever. And then by that time there's a bunch of other dickheads coming and then you have to wait for them when you should already be a mile down the road.

Nausea
07-10-2014, 03:09 PM
I take it you mean empathizing. Emphasizing would basically be akin to highlighting the fact that she is having a shitty day, thereby making it worse. :lol:

:lol: That was a funny typo.

Nausea
07-10-2014, 03:15 PM
I'm not saying flat out ignore everyone. If you don't know someone and are talking to them to see what they're like, that's not the same fucking thing as not genuinely caring and still deciding to have a conversation with them and being phony as fuck, especially if your reason for doing so is some sort of personal gain. It's just a dishonest way of doing things, and you're misleading them into thinking the relationship between the two of you is something that it isn't, and may cause issues down the line depending on how often you run into that person.

As for chatting with ravenheart...lol.

Ehhh... I disagree but whatever. I think you're putting more substance behind my description than what it really is. When you talk to people you can either be an asshole, or indifferent, or you can be nice to the person your are communicating with. That's really all there is too it. I make an extra effort to be nice to people, because I'd rather people be nice to me. I put out what I hope to receive back.

illninoese
07-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Or assholes who don't use turn signals when they should. By the time you notice they're turning you could have already pulled out, turned left, or whatever. And then by that time there's a bunch of other dickheads coming and then you have to wait for them when you should already be a mile down the road.

So true. I fucking hate that shit especially when their destination that they are turning into is literally 5 feet away from you. Another one that gets me is during rush hour traffic. The light turns green and everyone immediately drives the 2 and 1/2 foot distance into the intersection, blocking it. Since it's rush hour, traffic isn't moving, so the light turns red with the intersection blocked. The light turns green for the people waiting to just cross the intersection but they can't because it's being blocked but they don't give a shit because the assholes who are blocking the intersection didn't give a shit either; so they go anyways and everything just goes to high hell. Downtown Orlando is a perfect example of that.

John The Drummer
07-10-2014, 03:30 PM

I think I posted something similar to that a while ago :lol:
I love the people that speed up to try and "hit you" when you are halfway through "their" lane :tp:

AnthG
07-11-2014, 01:45 AM
Ehhh... I disagree but whatever. I think you're putting more substance behind my description than what it really is. When you talk to people you can either be an asshole, or indifferent, or you can be nice to the person your are communicating with. That's really all there is too it. I make an extra effort to be nice to people, because I'd rather people be nice to me. I put out what I hope to receive back.

I'm just saying you can be nice and not be phony. Not engaging someone in a conversation you don't care about is not being a dick.

John The Drummer
07-11-2014, 08:23 AM
I really love making fun of twerking.... but I really hate and don't understand why its so popular!? Why does EVERYONE have to talk about it and do it and hype it up? Its nothing new at all! OMG MILEY CYRUS TOOK A VIDEO OF HERSELF TWERKING LETS ALL FOLLOW SUIT, NEW FAD!! I remember seeing "BOOTY DANCING" (as it used to be called...) in crappy 90s Hip Hop videos, yet one stupid former child star does it and suddenly its new and hip.....

Sorry, I just really hate mainstream media/pop culture.

dcmetal108
07-11-2014, 09:36 AM
I hate how people talk about it constantly and it's somehow "news" but if a hot girl with a fat ass wants to shake it on me I won't be one to say no :lol:

adamclark52
07-11-2014, 10:11 AM
I really love making fun of twerking.... but I really hate and don't understand why its so popular!? Why does EVERYONE have to talk about it and do it and hype it up? Its nothing new at all! OMG MILEY CYRUS TOOK A VIDEO OF HERSELF TWERKING LETS ALL FOLLOW SUIT, NEW FAD!! I remember seeing "BOOTY DANCING" (as it used to be called...) in crappy 90s Hip Hop videos, yet one stupid former child star does it and suddenly its new and hip.....

Sorry, I just really hate mainstream media/pop culture.

People are just getting more and more retarded by the day. I'm really worried about how stupid people will be in ten years.

But, maybe it's just me getting old. My dad looked at me and my friends with our Nintendo and thought we were morons. My grandpa looked at my dad and his friends with their cars that had three gears and thought they were morons, etc. So I think it's just called getting old. And it sucks.

John The Drummer
07-11-2014, 10:15 AM
People are just getting more and more retarded by the day. I'm really worried about how stupid people will be in ten years.

But, maybe it's just me getting old. My dad looked at me and my friends with our Nintendo and thought we were morons. My grandpa looked at my dad and his friends with their cars that had three gears and thought they were morons, etc. So I think it's just called getting old. And it sucks.

Ever see the movie Idiocracy? That is how America will end up.... but it's coming faster than they thought.......

adamclark52
07-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Ever see the movie Idiocracy? That is how America will end up.... but it's coming faster than they thought.......

Fuck 'em. I can't wait for the world to end up like it was in the Road Warrior. All I'll need is my boys, a shotgun and a few rounds. The three of us are going to tear shit up.

PVH5150
07-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Waking up after 4 hours of sleep, stumbling into the bathroom & realizing there's no hot water in the apartment.

Safe to say, I smell like a goddamn dumpster right now.

VoidFlame
07-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Waking up after 4 hours of sleep, stumbling into the bathroom & realizing there's no hot water in the apartment.

Safe to say, I smell like a goddamn dumpster right now.

You pussy! Wash up with cold water! :light:

PVH5150
07-11-2014, 02:15 PM
You pussy! Wash up with cold water! :light:

After being in a 60 degree bedroom all night? No thanks. I took an Al Bundy shower (wiped off the pits, applied more deodorant). Nobody said anything at work, so I couldn't have reeked as bad as I thought I was going to.

PVH5150
07-13-2014, 10:16 AM
When people's first reaction to every semi major tour is "WAHHHH TICKET PRICES WAHHHH".

Nausea
07-14-2014, 12:30 PM
I really hate the monetary system in the US and the world, and really hate the rich ruling the poor. It seems like there should be a better form of motivating civilization to progress other than using currency as some dumb measuring stick of self worth. Often times I feel that our political system in the world is more tailored towards herding people like dumb cattle, and less about maximizing our societies potential.

AnthG
07-14-2014, 02:18 PM
When i'm at a fast food restaurant and i'm ordering toppings on my sandwich/burger/taco/whatever and this type of exchange happens:

Clerk: What do you want on this
Me: Just some sour cream and lettuce
Clerk: Do you want any onions or hot sauce?

No, asshole, I just told you what I wanted.

mankvill
07-14-2014, 02:22 PM
When i'm at a fast food restaurant and i'm ordering toppings on my sandwich/burger/taco/whatever and this type of exchange happens:

I need a shirt that says "I know that guacamole is extra, god damnit"

Nausea
07-14-2014, 03:13 PM

That is awesome. I'd by the fuck out of that shirt.

A few years back I wanted to make a shirt that had the Tibet flag on it that said in big bold letters "BUMPER STICKERS WONT FREE TIBET!" and then in smaller letters below or on the back it would say "...and neither will this shirt"

AnthG
07-14-2014, 05:13 PM

Guacamole costs more? Why?

El Gordo
07-14-2014, 05:25 PM

All kinds of this! Like at Harvey's when I used to load my burger up with every topping they had. "What do you want on your burger?" "Everything." "Do you want hot peppers?" Fucking everything, bitch!

ravenheart
07-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Insects that fly in through open windows.

This is why you get eaten by birds, morons.

SomewhereInTime72
07-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Insects that fly.

Honestly just this is bad enough.

John The Drummer
07-17-2014, 07:06 PM
I've said this before, but I 'll say it again!

I really hate people who cannot communicate one on one but just feel perfectly at home and talkative on FB.

It's been happening more and more. I'll text people, people i've known for a long time, never get a response, go on FB and POST POST POST POST POST POST POST LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE NEW PIC NEW PIC NEW PIC NEW PIC. Then "Sorry, been busy, whats up?". Because facebook is now an excuse for "being busy".

I also really hate people that ONLY WANT TO COMMUNICATE ON FB. Send a text, no response, get on FB, said person messages you on FB....

SomewhereInTime72
07-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Agreed especially since it's an extraordinarily shitty communication medium in every respect. :bouville:

Dextrimental
07-17-2014, 07:13 PM
I've said this before, but I 'll say it again!

I really hate people who cannot communicate one on one but just feel perfectly at home and talkative on FB.

It's been happening more and more. I'll text people, people i've known for a long time, never get a response, go on FB and POST POST POST POST POST POST POST LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE NEW PIC NEW PIC NEW PIC NEW PIC. Then "Sorry, been busy, whats up?". Because facebook is now an excuse for "being busy".

I also really hate people that ONLY WANT TO COMMUNICATE ON FB. Send a text, no response, get on FB, said person messages you on FB....

Social anxiety aside, THIS!

I know a few people whose social media accounts have consumed their lives to the point they stop interacting with people in real life, even friends.

BloodoftheKings
07-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Why do people write "haha" and "lol" in text messages where nothing being said is supposed to be funny?

ravenheart
07-19-2014, 12:33 PM
When you know every word to a song you don't even like.

Dextrimental
07-19-2014, 12:54 PM

This.

When I catch myself singing a song I hate, I want to vomit.

El Gordo
07-19-2014, 04:53 PM

Yep, especially maddening when I don't know a lot of the lyrics to some of my favourite songs!

John The Drummer
07-19-2014, 06:06 PM
This.

When I catch myself singing a song I hate, I want to vomit.

Like this one? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWLhrHVySgA)

PVH5150
07-22-2014, 01:50 PM
When people take up two spots on street parking, especially in a residential zone (my entire city). I have zero problems parking bumper to bumper against whoever does this.

BlackDiamond
07-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Poison Ivy, next time I'm having the wife do the yard work.

adamclark52
07-23-2014, 11:16 AM
When I'm at work I'm constantly mad. At my boss, at my co-workers, at the clients, at the shitty conditions of some of the jobs I have to do; there hasn't been a time in a long time that I've had everything go one hundred percent well to where I'm happy. It's getting really old.

John The Drummer
07-23-2014, 07:09 PM
"Ugh, I'm so fucking tired, just woke up from a nap."

WOW, that must be really nice to be able to have time to rest and take naps. I've been up since 6:20am and worked a 9 hour day and still have more to do before I go to sleep.

Sometimes I just really cannot explain how much I hate people :lol: :D

PVH5150
07-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Cancer and cigarettes.

I've hated both my entire life & now my mother tells me that my aunt has lung cancer. This fucking sucks.

mankvill
07-29-2014, 11:46 PM
People who take everything they read on the internet as fact.

One of my friends linked an article on a site written by a woman who breastfeeds her 12 year old son because she gets sexual pleasure out of it. My friend went on this huge rant about how disgusting it was and how she's fuming mad and going to write the website about it.

If she would've checked one other article on that site, like maybe the one the same author wrote that's linked on the page entitled "Be Sure To Check Your Anus For Brown Recluse Spiders" she'd figure out the site is satire.

Christ.

John The Drummer
07-30-2014, 12:47 PM
Cancer and cigarettes.

I've hated both my entire life & now my mother tells me that my aunt has lung cancer. This fucking sucks.

Sorry to hear that, bro :( . It really pisses me off too. I don't get how the tobacco company in still in business since it has been proven TIME AND TIME AGAIN that cigs kill people. My co-worker passed away back in December or January due to his excessive smoking. He had a quadruple bipass, doc said if he continues to smoke he WILL DIE.... yup.

I mentioned this in MPF's review thread, but it is something I really hate so I'll post it here too...

I really hate when people say "So you quit [insert band] to join Funeral Age?" First off, I've been in Funeral Age since 2006, so I don't understand how leaving a band in 2013 would fit with this :lol: . Not trying to sound like "WTF, HOW COME YOU DONT KNOW MY BAND!?", but I also hate when after quitting a band (2013) someone asked me "So do you still play music?" Oh no, not at all, all those posts I make about upcoming shows and albums are just a cover up for me doing nothing, that band I quit was life, so I quit that and quit music all together :lol:

AnthG
07-30-2014, 04:36 PM
People who take everything they read on the internet as fact.

One of my friends linked an article on a site written by a woman who breastfeeds her 12 year old son because she gets sexual pleasure out of it. My friend went on this huge rant about how disgusting it was and how she's fuming mad and going to write the website about it.

If she would've checked one other article on that site, like maybe the one the same author wrote that's linked on the page entitled "Be Sure To Check Your Anus For Brown Recluse Spiders" she'd figure out the site is satire.

Christ.

A facebook "friend" did a similar thing with an article she read about an exceptionally spoiled child who believed she was better than everyone and ruled over her parents and what not. She's obviously never heard of The Onion.

mankvill
07-30-2014, 04:44 PM
A facebook "friend" did a similar thing with an article she read about an exceptionally spoiled child who believed she was better than everyone and ruled over her parents and what not. She's obviously never heard of The Onion.

www.literallyunbelievable.org

Natrlhi
07-31-2014, 09:14 AM
www.literallyunbelievable.org

I love the one about the head ripping-off machine. So wish that were real. :D

John The Drummer
08-02-2014, 08:01 PM
I am going to get a TON of shit for this, I know I will....

But I really hate when people (namely stoners) say smoking weed isn't addictive, yet they can't "function properly" unless they are high. That isn't a form of addiction? Hmm, coulda fooled me! Last I checked not being able to function "rnomally" unless you are under the influence of something is the first sign of an addiction ;)

mankvill
08-02-2014, 08:51 PM

But I really hate when people (namely stoners) say smoking weed isn't addictive, yet they can't "function properly" unless they are high. That isn't a form of addiction? Hmm, coulda fooled me! Last I checked not being able to function "rnomally" unless you are under the influence of something is the first sign of an addiction ;)

Weed ISN'T ADDICTING.

Now help me dig through the fibers of carpet to scrounge together every last little nugget of weed to smoke.

Coma323
08-03-2014, 12:28 PM
I-95
Pricing of custom frames

adamclark52
08-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Hangovers

300%_Density
08-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Stop lights that have the camera on them and them never working because you pulled up too far or someone in front of you did.

PVH5150
08-03-2014, 01:32 PM
I-95

I-93

treghet
08-04-2014, 03:59 AM

Yes, it is a form of addiction, but it's a different one from what you would typically associate with drugs. You can become addicted to the psychological affects of weed, but there is no physical addiction like there is with amphetamines, cocaine, or heroin.

El Gordo
08-04-2014, 04:25 AM
Yes, it is a form of addiction, but it's a different one from what you would typically associate with drugs. You can become addicted to the psychological affects of weed, but there is no physical addiction like there is with amphetamines, cocaine, or heroin.

Truth. To paraphrase Bob Saget in Half-Baked -- ain't nobody suckin' dick for some weed!

Nausea
08-04-2014, 05:40 AM

you should have added tobacco to this short list, mostly because it drives home the point of the type of addiction weed isnt.

Natrlhi
08-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Weed ISN'T ADDICTING.

Now help me dig through the fibers of carpet to scrounge together every last little nugget of weed to smoke.
Naw man, that's what crackheads do.

I agree and disagree. Yes, it's true that weed does not have physical withdrawal symptoms per se, but there are other things that are also textbook examples of addiction that have nothing to do with chemicals at all, such as gambling or overeating. Those addictions are purely behavioral, but what truly relates them to drug addiction is that they are perpetuated by the same root cause as other addictions - a fundamental inability to fully cope with reality and the desire to escape it by repeatedly and knowingly indulging in self-destructive behavior. In other words, drugs that have withdrawal symptoms are harder to kick, but addiction is truly caused by something much deeper than that.

Make no mistake about it - THC alters brain chemistry and thus is one of many addictions that absolutely does have a physical component to it. That said, Bob Saget and Gordo are correct - ain't nobody sucking no dick for some weed - but that still doesn't mean it's not addictive.

AnthG
08-04-2014, 01:33 PM
I'll just say this: If I replace any 100 Big Macs i've had in my life with 100 marijuana joints, i'd probably be a much healthier person.

Natrlhi
08-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Your lungs might disagree.

Oh, and so would your heart, arteries and liver, since you'd probably then end up eating the Big Macs anyway. :finger:

mankvill
08-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Naw man, that's what crackheads do.

My pothead friend does it all the time. @_@

AnthG
08-04-2014, 01:59 PM

Oh, and so would your heart, arteries and liver, since you'd probably then end up eating the Big Macs anyway. :finger:

That's why I said "replace" and not "in addition to"

Natrlhi
08-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Right. My point is that the intent would be to replace, but the actual reality would be "in addition to".

In other words, I was joking.

GarageMetal468
08-04-2014, 05:14 PM
I-93

I-90

El Gordo
08-04-2014, 05:57 PM

Vaporizers, man. Vaporizers.

AnthG
08-07-2014, 11:04 AM
The fact that I can't wear my Land of the Dead shirt to work anymore. Apparently it's not work appropriate. There is a rule in the dress code that tshirts are allowed, but nothing with excessive logos or advertisements...but i've worn this shirt 100 times before. I think someone saw it for the first time and didn't like it, so they ratted me out.

Now my whole wardrobe is probably going to be picked apart and i'll be stuck with wearing plain shirts with nothing on 'em. Lame. I'll test this out with some shirts over the next few days.

adamclark52
08-07-2014, 01:59 PM
The fact that I can't wear my Land of the Dead shirt to work anymore. Apparently it's not work appropriate. There is a rule in the dress code that tshirts are allowed, but nothing with excessive logos or advertisements...but i've worn this shirt 100 times before. I think someone saw it for the first time and didn't like it, so they ratted me out.

Now my whole wardrobe is probably going to be picked apart and i'll be stuck with wearing plain shirts with nothing on 'em. Lame. I'll test this out with some shirts over the next few days.

I had the same problem when they told me I had too wear pants while at work. Fuck. That.

Natrlhi
08-07-2014, 05:26 PM
I had the same problem when they told me I had too wear pants while at work. Fuck. That.

Dresses more your thing? ;)

adamclark52
08-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Dresses more your thing? ;)

Times are tough.

mankvill
08-08-2014, 02:24 PM
How every single fucking thing with instructions on it is now a HACK

Recipes to make pizza in a different way? PIZZA HACKS

Instructions on how to use exercise equipment? GYM HACKS

Funny ways to do something sweet for your significant other? RELATIONSHIP HACKS

The internet must be destroyed.

MPF
08-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Everyone on my Facebook apparently now beleives that Obama actually made Muslim Appreciation Month and that is a Commie Nazi Muslim Jew N*gger *Yes someone I actually know said that phrase today*

Hate the president all you want, but at least hate him for the stuff he ACTUALLY did, not made up bullshit the internet makes up.

I need to get the fuck out of Northern Wisconsin.

John The Drummer
08-08-2014, 05:08 PM
I need to get the fuck out of Northern Wisconsin.

Is it true that no one in Wisconsin drinks Milwaukee's Best? One of my best friends is from Wisconsin and said that everyone drinks PBR... :eyes:

mastodon421
08-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Is it true that no one in Wisconsin drinks Milwaukee's Best? One of my best friends is from Wisconsin and said that everyone drinks PBR... :eyes:

Have you ever had Milwaukee's Best? If that's the best Milwaukee has to offer, then I never want to go to fucking Milwaukee.

marker
08-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Have you ever had Milwaukee's Best? If that's the best Milwaukee has to offer, then I never want to go to fucking Milwaukee.

No reason to go there anyways.

illuminatus917
08-08-2014, 07:43 PM

I think quantum superposition applies to opinions too. They crystallize when you observe them. Thus the internet is a giant opinion machine.

AnthG
08-08-2014, 09:43 PM

watch?v=KlA_YXDm9bg

PVH5150
08-09-2014, 06:01 AM
The fact that everything being undercooked seems to be the norm.

I enjoy a steak or a burger done medium, not barely clinging onto life.

And don't get me started about fries. It's like I have to yell at the people to get across the point that I want them well done, not still halfway fucking frozen.

El Gordo
08-09-2014, 09:57 AM
The fact that everything being undercooked seems to be the norm.

I enjoy a steak or a burger done medium, not barely clinging onto life.

And don't get me started about fries. It's like I have to yell at the people to get across the point that I want them well done, not still halfway fucking frozen.

I hear you on the burgers & fries. Not so much on the steak.

ravenheart
08-09-2014, 10:49 AM
Medium is perfect for steak. Still flavourful without being pointlessly chewy, which both well done and rare are.

GarageMetal468
08-09-2014, 10:54 AM
I've fucking had it. People who smack their lips when they eat should have their mouths stapled shut and be fed through an IV tube.

MPF
08-09-2014, 09:03 PM

I don't like cheap beer but PBR >>>>>>>> Milwaukee's Best any fucking day of the week.

And know that I know what Milwaukee is like after going to Summer Slaughter 2012, I'm ok with never going back, like ever.

kalfitegrdan
08-11-2014, 06:50 AM

Oh god, Milwaukee's Best is fucking awful. :barf: One of only three beers (Natural Ice/Light and Keystone Ice/Light being the other two) that I absofuckinglutely will not drink. Well, I guess aside from pretty much every dark beer.

adamclark52
08-11-2014, 12:07 PM
When I find my own farts repulsive. Usually they're pretty aromic but I don't know what I ate Saturday. :hecho:

El Gordo
08-11-2014, 05:45 PM
Medium is perfect for steak. Still flavourful without being pointlessly chewy, which both well done and rare are.

Pointlessly chewy? If your rare steak is chewy, you're doing it wrong.

smearCampaign
08-12-2014, 05:41 PM
We've unpacked or at least looked through all the boxes following our move and I'm about 95% convinced that the box labeled PS3 went into one of the moving guys' cars and not our house. And I can only make a claim on damaged things, I can't just say some random thing is missing because I don't really have a way to prove that it was there to begin with... other than the box of PS3 games that I have, but no Playstation. People suck. :(

mankvill
08-12-2014, 05:43 PM
We've unpacked or at least looked through all the boxes following our move and I'm about 95% convinced that the box labeled PS3 went into one of the moving guys' cars and not our house. And I can only make a claim on damaged things, I can't just say some random thing is missing because I don't really have a way to prove that it was there to begin with... other than the box of PS3 games that I have, but no Playstation. People suck. :(

What an asshole :bouville:

edit: I'd say monitor the activity of the account to see if it goes online

smearCampaign
08-12-2014, 05:44 PM
What an asshole :bouville:

edit: I'd say monitor the activity of the account to see if it goes online

That's a good idea. Thank you sir.

Nausea
08-13-2014, 10:50 AM

Was this a professional moving company? When I moved from Seattle to NY back in 2009, we hired moving company... Every single box was given a number and inventoried. If I recall correctly, I was the one who put the number on each box. I signed off on the number of boxes they picked up, they signed off on that number, and if any box came up missing or lost they were financially liable for it's contents. I didnt have anything lost or stolen, but I did have a few things broken. I wasnt terribly upset they were broken because I knew they were very breakable and likely wouldnt survive the move and I didnt really care to lose them either. The company and I reached a mutual agreement on the amount they would pay me for the broken items and I felt I got the better end of the deal.

smearCampaign
08-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Was this a professional moving company? When I moved from Seattle to NY back in 2009, we hired moving company... Every single box was given a number and inventoried. If I recall correctly, I was the one who put the number on each box. I signed off on the number of boxes they picked up, they signed off on that number, and if any box came up missing or lost they were financially liable for it's contents. I didnt have anything lost or stolen, but I did have a few things broken. I wasnt terribly upset they were broken because I knew they were very breakable and likely wouldnt survive the move and I didnt really care to lose them either. The company and I reached a mutual agreement on the amount they would pay me for the broken items and I felt I got the better end of the deal.

It was a professional company and there were numbered tags on the boxes. But the guys loading the boxes into the house were reading the number off as they carried it in and then checking them off the list. So the guy could have easily just called out the number on the playstation box without actually bringing it in, if that makes sense. And I also need to go through the claim process because we had some damage to furniture and a couple broken antique lamps. But they're a big company, so I think they'll be reasonable about the damaged stuff.

adamclark52
08-13-2014, 11:27 AM
It was a professional company and there were numbered tags on the boxes. But the guys loading the boxes into the house were reading the number off as they carried it in and then checking them off the list. So the guy could have easily just called out the number on the playstation box without actually bringing it in, if that makes sense. And I also need to go through the claim process because we had some damage to furniture and a couple broken antique lamps. But they're a big company, so I think they'll be reasonable about the damaged stuff.

Fuck 'em, go after them. What do you really have to lose? I'm at the point in my life where if someone does me wrong in any way I go after them. And I actually get results.

Nausea
08-13-2014, 11:59 AM

Well hopefully it works out for you... Big companies like that have insurance that covers these sort of things, and so they are typically not all that confrontational over claims. I didnt have to deal with stolen packages, but I was also super paranoid over that since my movers were missing teeth and looked like tweekers. I suspect that most moving companies hire tweekers, so perhaps they are use to shit coming up missing. Pro tip - Be nice and curious with them, and don't value your losses like you are trying to make a profit. I think if you are nice and reasonable, then they will want to be nice and reasonable with you in return.

smearCampaign
08-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Fuck 'em, go after them. What do you really have to lose? I'm at the point in my life where if someone does me wrong in any way I go after them. And I actually get results.

Oh yeah. I'm definitely going to file a claim for the damages and missing stuff. We had insurance on it and since it was a cross-country move so I have 9 months to file the claim. So I am going to be meticulous about going through everything and claiming absolutely everything that has any damage. :allan:

Well hopefully it works out for you... Big companies like that have insurance that covers these sort of things, and so they are typically not all that confrontational over claims. I didnt have to deal with stolen packages, but I was also super paranoid over that since my movers were missing teeth and looked like tweekers. I suspect that most moving companies hire tweekers, so perhaps they are use to shit coming up missing. Pro tip - Be nice and curious with them, and don't value your losses like you are trying to make a profit. I think if you are nice and reasonable, then they will want to be nice and reasonable with you in return.

Agreed. I'm not going to exaggerate anything and everyone I've talked to seems totally reasonable so far. It's just the trashy dudes who unloaded our stuff here that seemed sketchy.

Nausea
08-13-2014, 12:11 PM
It's just the trashy dudes who unloaded our stuff here that seemed sketchy.

:lol: yep... that's 100% my experience too. It's like they hire movers from the methadone clinic or something....

Some VP "Carrying boxes is so easy a tweeker could do it... I know lets save money hiring tweekers!!!"

Customers - "Why's all my shit getting stolen?"

adamclark52
08-13-2014, 12:24 PM
If you guys ever want to see a real show you should see the baggage handlers at an airport. Unionized tweekers. And I've seen them go out of their way to damage stuff.

marker
08-13-2014, 12:38 PM
:lol: yep... that's 100% my experience too. It's like they hire movers from the methadone clinic or something....

Some VP "Carrying boxes is so easy a tweeker could do it... I know lets save money hiring tweekers!!!"

Customers - "Why's all my shit getting stolen?"

It's a shit job so you get shitty people who do it. Not saying all movers are losers, but it's hard to find a shittier job than that.

mankvill
08-13-2014, 01:29 PM
People who review things (mostly albums but other things) that knock it for not being similar to other things that band/person has put out in the past.

You are a shit reviewer and that's a sign I shouldn't take anything you have to say seriously.

Natrlhi
08-13-2014, 02:13 PM
People who review things (mostly albums but other things) that knock it for not being similar to other things that band/person has put out in the past.

You are a shit reviewer and that's a sign I shouldn't take anything you have to say seriously.
So, everybody who likes Baroness but hated on Yellow and Green, then?

mankvill
08-13-2014, 02:29 PM
So, everybody who likes Baroness but hated on Yellow and Green, then?

Pretty much

also most of the people who don't like Omnipresent

John The Drummer
08-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I thought Celtic Frost's "Monotheist" album sucked, it sounded nothing like Cold Lake :bouville:

slapguitarer
08-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I thought Celtic Frost's "Monotheist" album sucked, it sounded nothing like Cold Lake :bouville:

:agree:

ravenheart
08-13-2014, 03:26 PM

I only want bands to do this when what they've decided to do instead sucks (e.g. Grand Magus). If they do something different and it's also great, I'm all over that shit. But "it's not the same as the old stuff" isn't a valid reason for it to suck.

treghet
08-15-2014, 04:18 AM

I can get behind this in many cases, but there are occasional instances in which bands turn on what they once stood for, so criticism for that is not unwarranted. Sometimes a band venturing into new territory can suck no matter which way you put it. As for reviews, the way I see it is there are two types of reviewers: subjective and objective. Both can be useful depending on what you are searching for. Objective ones will look at the full picture and can see how other people could enjoy the album even if they didn't find it all that appealing themselves. They review the album for it's musical merits rather than what they might enjoy personally. The subjective reviewers will take a stance that is more aligned to their personal tastes and not so much others' interests. If you're trying to find a band that plays a specific style, a subjective review might be ideal; if you're trying to seek out a different genre or sub-genre than you would normally listen to, an objective review might be more helpful. The shit reviewers are the ones who only take an extreme view - shit or greatest release ever. I can't stand people who will only either rip on an album like it's the worst thing to ever be sent to the press or praise it like it's the best masterpiece ever penned.

BlackDiamond
08-15-2014, 09:20 AM
Went on a cruise this past week to Bermuda and it rained every fucking day we were there. :mad:

moobys37
08-15-2014, 02:04 PM
Bands and pages that post memes instead of what they're selling/making. I want to see if you're touring or putting out a new record, not some fucking stupid picture of a cat surrounded by fucking bold font.

mankvill
08-15-2014, 08:06 PM
Dumbasses that say Cannibal Corpse playing Gathering of the Juggalos or The Black Dahlia Murder touring with Suicide Silence are doing it for "exposure" to get kids that "otherwise would never have listened to them" a chance to hear the band, but then flip shit over Rihanna wearing a Judas Priest shirt.

Y'all motherfuckers dumb.

mankvill
08-15-2014, 08:06 PM
Bands and pages that post memes instead of what they're selling/making. I want to see if you're touring or putting out a new record, not some fucking stupid picture of a cat surrounded by fucking bold font.

Tdd-a4gWA9o

AnthG
08-16-2014, 12:08 AM
How Local bands use Social media? More like how a lot of signed bands use social media.

moobys37
08-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Tdd-a4gWA9o

It is seriously the fucking worst thing.

MetalIsArt
08-17-2014, 04:49 AM
It is seriously the fucking worst thing.

:lol:

anomynous
08-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Things I hate?

Today some guy asked me if I like tech death such as Thy Art is Murder.

ravenheart
08-18-2014, 03:23 AM
Things I hate?

Today some guy asked me if I like tech death such as Thy Art is Murder.

At least he knew the term "tech death". It's better than people asking if you like "death metal" like AC/DC.

PVH5150
08-19-2014, 05:28 AM
The updated layouts of Blabbermouth & Brave Words. JFC, talk about annoying.

ravenheart
08-19-2014, 05:34 AM
The updated layouts of Blabbermouth & Brave Words. JFC, talk about annoying.

Yeah, they suck. And they're practically identical. Too lame.

ravenheart
08-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Yeah, OK, really seeing what you all mean when you bitch about TM fees in the US:

Ticket Price $89.00 x 1
Service Fee $12.65 x 1
Order Processing Fee $5.05
Delivery via: International Will Call $2.50

What the fuck is the difference between a Service Fee and an Order Processing Fee? Just be fucking honest and call the Service Fee "Commission". We all know that's what it is.

adamclark52
08-19-2014, 09:04 AM
For the last year most of the smaller shows I've gone to have been through some new company called Ticketfly. They're much more reasonable with all the service fees and shows have been quite a bit cheaper. Mind you, they don't do the bigger bands.

The only problem I have with them is they charge two or three dollars to send a ticket in the mail or you can print your own for free. I still collect my stubs so I'd prefer the authentic one. But I'm not paying for something that should be free. And the pages you print out can be modified and cut into what looks like an authentic ticket.

dcmetal108
08-19-2014, 09:08 AM
For the last year most of the smaller shows I've gone to have been through some new company called Ticketfly. They're much more reasonable with all the service fees and shows have been quite a bit cheaper. Mind you, they don't do the bigger bands.

The only problem I have with them is they charge two or three dollars to send a ticket in the mail or you can print your own for free. I still collect my stubs so I'd prefer the authentic one. But I'm not paying for something that should be free. And the pages you print out can be modified and cut into what looks like an authentic ticket.

Ticketfly is great. For me though (might be different in the US) its only a dollar for them to mail a ticket.

ravenheart
08-19-2014, 09:25 AM
I've used TicketWeb for one show and TicketMaster for one so far. In the case of the latter I tried TicketFly, but it just redirected to TicketMaster.

marker
08-19-2014, 10:04 AM
Yeah, OK, really seeing what you all mean when you bitch about TM fees in the US:

Ticket Price $89.00 x 1
Service Fee $12.65 x 1
Order Processing Fee $5.05
Delivery via: International Will Call $2.50

What the fuck is the difference between a Service Fee and an Order Processing Fee? Just be fucking honest and call the Service Fee "Commission". We all know that's what it is.

Pretty much the" we're a big corporation gonna fuck you in the ass fees."

adamclark52
08-19-2014, 10:08 AM
I hate when something like the ALS ice bucket challenge just turns into a photo-op for desperate celebrities.

mankvill
08-19-2014, 10:31 AM
I hate when something like the ALS ice bucket challenge just turns into a photo-op for desperate celebrities.

The only thing I don't like about it is every tom dick and mary is doing it without donating. Like, THAT'S NOT THE POINT.

John The Drummer
08-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Someone needs to grow a pair and just do it in their swimming shorts or underwear.

slapguitarer
08-19-2014, 11:08 AM
Getting two parking tickets in the span of 4 days. I hate having to park on the street in a city.

PVH5150
08-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Getting two parking tickets in the span of 4 days. I hate having to park on the street in a city.

Welcome to daily metro Boston area life.

Get caught at an unpaid meter? 30 bucks.
Get caught in a street sweeping zone overnight? 50 bucks.
Get caught in a bus stop? 150 bucks.
Be a royal dick and get caught in a handicap zone with no placard? 400 bucks.

John The Drummer
08-19-2014, 01:03 PM
I hate....

- When there are customers in my store and an O'Reillys commercial comes on the radio.
- When a song comes on the radio that starts out really cool, then gets shit when the actual song kicks in.
- When I'm sitting away from the "business zone" here, enjoying lunch, and a customer HAS TO COME DIRECTLY TO ME and wants me to ring them up, then other customers in the store see this and follow suit. 5 minute lunch breaks for the win!

slapguitarer
08-19-2014, 01:05 PM
Welcome to daily metro Boston area life.

Get caught at an unpaid meter? 30 bucks.
Get caught in a street sweeping zone overnight? 50 bucks.
Get caught in a bus stop? 150 bucks.
Be a royal dick and get caught in a handicap zone with no placard? 400 bucks.

Yeah I got caught in a street sweeping zone this morning. 50. And then the other day I forgot to put my parking permit on after getting back from the store. Go back out 5 minutes later to put it on, already have a fucking ticket. 65

PVH5150
08-19-2014, 01:09 PM
- When there are customers in my store and an O'Reillys commercial comes on the radio.

OH OH OH O'REILLYYYYYYYS

AUTO FARTS.

PVH5150
08-19-2014, 01:11 PM
Yeah I got caught in a street sweeping zone this morning. 50. And then the other day I forgot to put my parking permit on after getting back from the store. Go back out 5 minutes later to put it on, already have a fucking ticket. 65

Does your city offer a residential parking permit? Ours are $30 per year and we stick them directly above the inspection sticker. Pretty much need them as every side street in my city is residential parking only.

John The Drummer
08-19-2014, 01:27 PM
OH OH OH O'REILLYYYYYYYS

AUTO FARTS.

Still not as bad as...

One eight seven seven cars for kids, K-A-R-S, cars for kids, one eight seven seven, donate your car to-day!

or....

Washyourhandsingtonians (I forgot how that song went, but it made me shit myself every time it came on due to how shit it was).

markrz
08-19-2014, 01:52 PM
One eight seven seven cars for kids, K-A-R-S, cars for kids, one eight seven seven, donate your car to-day!

I can't take much more of this one either.

slapguitarer
08-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Does your city offer a residential parking permit? Ours are $30 per year and we stick them directly above the inspection sticker. Pretty much need them as every side street in my city is residential parking only.

Yea like I have the permit, I just forgot to hang it in one instance and they burned me

PVH5150
08-19-2014, 02:48 PM

http://i.imgur.com/DYUQpm1.gif

smearCampaign
08-20-2014, 07:12 AM
So, as a followup to my missing PS3.... turns out when the movers loaded our stuff down in Austin they put the PS3 box into a larger box with patio furniture and flower pots from our back patio. So my PS3 was in a box, in a larger box in our garage. I was not expecting box-ception. And just yesterday I got around to the outdoors boxes because we had finally gotten things somewhat situated inside the house. Plugged it all in and it works just fine. We still have some damaged furniture though, so I'm still making a claim.

TL;DR - My PS3 was in a box, in a box. And I hate movers much less than previously.

Nausea
08-20-2014, 07:18 AM
So, as a followup to my missing PS3.... turns out when the movers loaded our stuff down in Austin they put the PS3 box into a larger box with patio furniture and flower pots from our back patio. So my PS3 was in a box, in a larger box in our garage. I was not expecting box-ception. And just yesterday I got around to the outdoors boxes because we had finally gotten things somewhat situated inside the house. Plugged it all in and it works just fine. We still have some damaged furniture though, so I'm still making a claim.

TL;DR - My PS3 was in a box, in a box. And I hate movers much less than previously.

:lol: typical.

AnthG
08-21-2014, 01:35 PM
So I was at Hot topic (they have some nice stuff, shut up), and i'm just dicking around looking at stuff, and there are two women shopping together there (probably friends but it's also possible they are sisters or cousins), and one of them sees a Bring me the Horizon shirt that she likes. Hey, they're not a good band (come at me Manks), but she's a person with opinions so whatever. Anyway, she likes the shirt and then all I heard was "You don't even like Bring me the horizon" from her possible-friend-but-also-possibly-even-relative. She then replies back "I don't need to like the band to buy and wear the shirt", and immediately my blood started boiling and I had an urge to punch this woman in the face for being an idiot. And I don't even like BMTH. I'd probably be more pissed off if it was a band I liked whose shirt she wanted but didn't know them.

Anyway, that bugs me.

adamclark52
08-21-2014, 01:40 PM
So I was at Hot topic (they have some nice stuff, shut up), and i'm just dicking around looking at stuff, and there are two women shopping together there (probably friends but it's also possible they are sisters or cousins), and one of them sees a Bring me the Horizon shirt that she likes. Hey, they're not a good band (come at me Manks), but she's a person with opinions so whatever. Anyway, she likes the shirt and then all I heard was "You don't even like Bring me the horizon" from her possible-friend-but-also-possibly-even-relative. She then replies back "I don't need to like the band to buy and wear the shirt", and immediately my blood started boiling and I had an urge to punch this woman in the face for being an idiot. And I don't even like BMTH. I'd probably be more pissed off if it was a band I liked whose shirt she wanted but didn't know them.

Anyway, that bugs me.

That sucks. You should have said, "you don't need to like me to suck my dick". That's what I'd say...if I didn't hide behind a keyboard.

also, there's a Hot Topic in Toronto?

John The Drummer
08-21-2014, 01:42 PM

Anyway, that bugs me.

Oh to be 16 again :')
I remember those days, when people would wear merch of band "A" yet not even know a single song or anything by them, and just thought it was cool to wear a popular bands shirt.

When I was in Elementary School I wore skateboarding/motocross brand clothing, yet I never did either (I skateboarded in my garage a few timse and on my trampoline, but wasn't an actually "skater"). So it really isn't much different. Just a fad :)

adamclark52
08-21-2014, 01:43 PM
I don't mind roadwork but I hate it when they take a few months to do the work, finish, reopen the road...then close the road a few months later, rip it apart and start again. I work in construction and I know that eighty percent of the people in construction are semi-retarded. But really?

John The Drummer
08-21-2014, 01:45 PM
I work in construction and I know that eighty percent of the people are semi-retarded. But really?

:lol:! I was putting up a towel rack in my lady and I's new place and I was being super picky about it being angled right and everything and hoping I did it ok, and she said "Look at half the people that work as handy men and construction workers... yeah.. you're fine."

adamclark52
08-21-2014, 01:49 PM
:lol:! I was putting up a towel rack in my lady and I's new place and I was being super picky about it being angled right and everything and hoping I did it ok, and she said "Look at half the people that work as handy men and construction workers... yeah.. you're fine."

Levels are for girls.

AnthG
08-21-2014, 02:13 PM
also, there's a Hot Topic in Toronto?

Eaton Centre. And I think there's one at Scarborough Town Centre too. But the Hot Topics in Canada don't sell any music, just clothing.

adamclark52
08-21-2014, 02:28 PM
I don't like it when really hot girls wear really bad clothes. I don't like it when really hot girls wear clothes but if they have to don't wear granny shorts and ugly tube tops.

AnthG
08-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Let 'em wear what they want. People don't like when I have a beard and wear band, movie, or video game related shirts to work, but I still do it.

Although you're not explictly saying don't, just saying it bothers you. I don't know.

John The Drummer
08-21-2014, 02:53 PM
She then replies back "I don't need to like the band to buy and wear the shirt", and immediately my blood started boiling and I had an urge to punch this woman in the face for being an idiot. And I don't even like BMTH. I'd probably be more pissed off if it was a band I liked whose shirt she wanted but didn't know them.

Anyway, that bugs me.

Let 'em wear what they want.

:tp: :lol:

adamclark52
08-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Let 'em wear what they want. People don't like when I have a beard and wear band, movie, or video game related shirts to work, but I still do it.

Although you're not explictly saying don't, just saying it bothers you. I don't know.

I don't like seeing a potentially nice ass in really unattractive shorts. It's like putting a blanket over a Picasso.

I'm a big purveyor of " if you got it flaunt it". But if a shlub like me knows they're ugly shorts the girl must too?

AnthG
08-21-2014, 04:29 PM
:tp: :lol:

Even I have to lol a little.

Srsly tho, Apples and oranges.

John The Drummer
08-22-2014, 09:53 AM
I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hate when you say something, person doesn't hear/understand you and ask "What?" so you say it louder/slower then they reply with "Jeeze, you don't have to yell/be rude." aklsjdfilHSDFIOHSDFIOYd897(*&*(S&*(SD&FDHfhdsFDm,bkdjhsfkhdKHFDDHKjkh.

300%_Density
08-27-2014, 07:24 AM
Going to STL in December for work. No shows. But on one of the nights I can choose between Black Keys & Black Veil Brides. Fuckin St. Louis.

slapguitarer
08-27-2014, 07:27 AM
black keys would be tight

ravenheart
08-27-2014, 07:27 AM
I can choose between Black Keys & Black Veil Brides

Well that's easy.

Spiner202
08-27-2014, 07:47 AM
Well that's easy.

Yup. Stay home and listen to Slayer.

300%_Density
08-27-2014, 08:07 AM
Yup. Stay home and listen to Slayer.

We have a winner.

PVH5150
08-27-2014, 12:33 PM
But on one of the nights I can choose between Black Keys & Black Veil Brides.

Order a pizza, jerk off & call it a night.

John The Drummer
08-28-2014, 03:23 PM
I really hate how Im at work, and no one ever walks behind me... then the moment I fart everyone walks behind me and "OMG WTF THATS TERRIBLE!!!" WTF!?

Sepultura69
08-28-2014, 05:08 PM
I really hate it when people order a bunch of fatty foods like burgers, chillie cheese fries, and extra sauce, but for their drink they get a fucking diet coke. Like really? Is the diet coke suppose to "balance it out" the calories or some shit? Give me a fucking break. :flame:

AnthG
08-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Sugar probably has a lot to do with it.

El Gordo
08-28-2014, 05:42 PM
I really hate it when people order a bunch of fatty foods like burgers, chillie cheese fries, and extra sauce, but for their drink they get a fucking diet coke. Like really? Is the diet coke suppose to "balance it out" the calories or some shit? Give me a fucking break. :flame:

Some people actually just like the taste better. I know quite a few.

JRA
08-28-2014, 06:33 PM
Diet coke does taste better but you might as well by a regular coke and add a crap ton of sugar to it because it's actually worse for you.

PVH5150
08-28-2014, 06:38 PM
Much like any light beer, any diet soda is mediocre at best & the vast majority of them taste like pure shit.

es156
08-28-2014, 07:29 PM
We have a winner.

Actually, just go to Indy on 12/4 and see Slayer/ST/Exodus.

El Gordo
08-29-2014, 08:24 AM
Much like any light beer, any diet soda is mediocre at best & the vast majority of them taste like pure shit.

Agreed, but these people exist.

marker
08-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Diet coke does taste better but you might as well by a regular coke and add a crap ton of sugar to it because it's actually worse for you.

Diet tastes like shit. You're right about it being worse for you though.

adamclark52
08-29-2014, 11:30 AM
I have diabetes so I have to drink diet pop. Diet Coke is vile, Diet Pepsi is just shit. Diet Cream Soda makes my eyes hurt and Diet Mountain Dew tastes like fishbowl water.

If you're going to drink "healtier" pops Coke Zero isn't bad and Pepsi Max is pretty good. We don't have all the options in Canada that you have in 'merica. But since I started trying to take better care of myself I've just been drinking water. Or I just drink real pop and take some extra insulin.

mankvill
08-29-2014, 11:37 AM
tumblr

treghet
08-30-2014, 02:55 AM
tumblr

Fuck off cisgender scum.

MetalIsArt
08-30-2014, 03:17 AM
I have diabetes so I have to drink diet pop. Diet Coke is vile, Diet Pepsi is just shit. Diet Cream Soda makes my eyes hurt and Diet Mountain Dew tastes like fishbowl water.

If you're going to drink "healtier" pops Coke Zero isn't bad and Pepsi Max is pretty good. We don't have all the options in Canada that you have in 'merica. But since I started trying to take better care of myself I've just been drinking water. Or I just drink real pop and take some extra insulin.

Coke Zero is da shit.

adamclark52
08-30-2014, 06:32 AM
Coke Zero is da shit.

Yeah, it really is good. I don't know what's in it that makes it good...and I really don't want to know.

I'm still trying to remember the most vile diet pop I had to drink. It may have been Diet Grape Crush.

MetalIsArt
08-30-2014, 06:47 AM
Yeah, it really is good. I don't know what's in it that makes it good...and I really don't want to know.

I'm still trying to remember the most vile diet pop I had to drink. It may have been Diet Grape Crush.

Diet Grape Crush :eyes: