PDA

View Full Version : Things you hate

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

John The Drummer
02-07-2014, 09:14 PM
People who post ambiguous statements on Facebook purely to get attention from all their weirdly clingy friends like "I'm so upset right now" and then when everyone asks what the problem is, silence.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!
Not quiiiiiiiiiite the same, but somewhat, back in the Myspace days a friends of mines girlfriend posted "OMG worst day ever" or something like that, I, being a good and worried friend, messaged her asking "Oh no whats up!?" her reply "Oh, nothing really, i got in a small fender bender when leaving the school parking lot, its really hard to notice though."

:hmm::hmm:

MetalIsArt
02-08-2014, 12:56 AM
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!
Not quiiiiiiiiiite the same, but somewhat, back in the Myspace days a friends of mines girlfriend posted "OMG worst day ever" or something like that, I, being a good and worried friend, messaged her asking "Oh no whats up!?" her reply "Oh, nothing really, i got in a small fender bender when leaving the school parking lot, its really hard to notice though."

:hmm::hmm:

Dafuq?

adamclark52
02-08-2014, 01:46 PM
The headache I've had since Thursday night.

John The Drummer
02-08-2014, 11:34 PM
People that don't know how to drive in the snow.

I find driving in snow fun, but it's the other guys around me... the ones going 70 when they need to be hanging low. Saw a few cars flipped over on my way home tonight.... so scary.

John The Drummer
02-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Being sick :bouville:

AnthG
02-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Do you only have a cold? Make sure you don't say that you're sick when you only have the sniffles and a cough. Certain people around here don't take kindly to that.

John The Drummer
02-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Do you only have a cold? Make sure you don't say that you're sick when you only have the sniffles and a cough. Certain people around here don't take kindly to that.

Body pains, feel like ASS, body weakness, neck stiffness....

ok, maybe it is just a cold :finger:

ravenheart
02-11-2014, 01:30 PM

Pussy.

Natrlhi
02-11-2014, 07:29 PM

Pussy.
Walked right into that one.

John The Drummer
02-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Narrow road, parked cars on both sides, 1 dumbass sitting there with his door WIDE OPEN and not caring that he's blocking the road, then gets mad at you for honking at him.

adamclark52
02-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Narrow road, parked cars on both sides, 1 dumbass sitting there with his door WIDE OPEN and not caring that he's blocking the road, then gets mad at you for honking at him.

Ohhhhhh, that's a good one. My old house/street was brutal for that, then in winter you'd lose a foot on each side of the road because of snow. There were a couple time when there were so many goddamn cars parked on the road, I'd get halfway through it and meet up with some other guy going the opposite direction. It was a major factor in me leaving my old house.

So I'll add, people who have a garage, and a driveway and they have so much shit in the garage that one of their cars is permenently parked on the road.

El Gordo
02-14-2014, 03:56 PM

Next time, just gun it and rip his fucking door off! That'll learn 'im!

ravenheart
02-15-2014, 12:39 PM
When phones in tv shows or movies have the same ring tone as my house phone, or when they've got the sound effects of a vibrating mobile so good it sounds like it's in the room.

John The Drummer
02-16-2014, 02:47 PM
The flu... still :bouville:

adamclark52
02-22-2014, 06:46 AM
@the #way #people #communicate #through @twitter

ravenheart
02-22-2014, 07:21 AM
@the #way #people #communicate #through @twitter

This. Also, when people do the same thing NOT ON TWITTER. :bouville:

adamclark52
02-22-2014, 08:07 AM
This. Also, when people do the same thing NOT ON TWITTER. :bouville:

#derp

ravenheart
02-24-2014, 03:39 PM
The custom Hollywood sign images that appear to be the latest pointless fad on Facebook.

BlackDiamond
02-24-2014, 08:48 PM
When you put an offer on a house that you really want and you find out that somebody else also made an offer on the house on the same day. Let the bidding war begin. :flame:

John The Drummer
02-25-2014, 06:28 PM
Robitussin

ravenheart
02-26-2014, 07:36 AM
"Sponsored" posts/links on Facebook, search engines, etc. (read: paid advertising)

John The Drummer
02-26-2014, 11:08 AM
"Sponsored" posts/links on Facebook, search engines, etc. (read: paid advertising)

Adblocker :D

kalfitegrdan
02-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Adblocker :D

I don't think that gets rid of the "sponsored" links on Facebook. At least it doesn't for me.

John The Drummer
02-28-2014, 03:19 PM
The new smell of IcyHot.

That stuff used to smell delicious back when I used to use it a lot in high school, it srsly makes me feel nauseated with its new scent :(

PVH5150
02-28-2014, 03:25 PM
The new smell of IcyHot.

That stuff used to smell delicious back when I used to use it a lot in high school, it srsly makes me feel nauseated with its new scent :(

The smell of FlexAll.

300%_Density
02-28-2014, 03:29 PM
Robitussin

That stuff is the absolute worst.

dcmetal108
02-28-2014, 07:50 PM
That stuff is the absolute worst.

You ever gone Robo-tripping. Shit will fuck you up for 8 or so hours.

HackedUpForBBQ
03-02-2014, 12:18 PM
You ever gone Robo-tripping. Shit will fuck you up for 8 or so hours.

Back in high school, a girl in my class was arrested after she drank 3 bottles of the stuff and proceeded to walk around her trailer park at 2 AM knocking on people's doors and asking them when the school bus was coming. I don't know how she drank that much without hurling everywhere

dcmetal108
03-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Back in high school, a girl in my class was arrested after she drank 3 bottles of the stuff and proceeded to walk around her trailer park at 2 AM knocking on people's doors and asking them when the school bus was coming. I don't know how she drank that much without hurling everywhere

Back in my young days when I was fucking stupid I got with a bunch of my friends and we each chugged a mega bottle each. I remember being told I was already that the cars and trees were going to eat me. :lol:

John The Drummer
03-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Asshole customers

My store doesn't have an engine code reader (them shits are expensive) and some guy came in and asked if we had one, we told him no, and he replied "Well maybe you'd sell more parts if you did have one..." and walked out the door.

Dick.

SomewhereInTime72
03-03-2014, 12:47 PM
isn't he right tho?

AnthG
03-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Maybe it was one of those "Hey, is your refrigerator running?" type questions.

Alduin
03-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Navigating this site on my phone :hmm:

Natrlhi
03-03-2014, 01:03 PM
isn't he right tho?Beat me to it.

smearCampaign
03-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Working my ass off as a freelancer and still being broke as fuck because I refuse to get an office job. It's totally on me and I blame no one but myself. Still hate it though.

John The Drummer
03-03-2014, 01:16 PM
isn't he right tho?

We make a majority of our money from the shops around the area who buy from us, and today has been a pretty busy day with retail and wholesale :finger:

SomewhereInTime72
03-03-2014, 01:53 PM
but maybe you could sell more

mankvill
03-03-2014, 03:06 PM
The internet when it's slow as fuck

My computer when the video card fucks up

ravenheart
03-04-2014, 01:34 AM
The internet when it's slow as fuck

My computer when the video card fucks up

Aw, what's the matter manky? Can't you make another teenage video?

John The Drummer
03-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Customers that talk too much and just want to visit and talk about the good ol' days... especially when there are other customers in the store that need help...

John The Drummer
03-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Whole Foods
Go there for 2 simple sides for dinner and they don't have shit!

adamclark52
03-07-2014, 04:37 PM
I like to keep my stuff (CDs, books, videos, games, toys) in pretty good condition. Used, but good.

So I hate it when I lend someone a book and the spine comes back cracked.

PVH5150
03-08-2014, 09:52 AM
The blatant raping of grammar.

Honestly, how fucking hard is it to capitalize letters and end sentences with punctuation marks?

AnthG
03-08-2014, 01:36 PM
When you're on an escalator and people aren't moving up but still standing on the left side. MOVE TO THE RIGHT SIDE MOTHERFUCKER!

ravenheart
03-09-2014, 04:18 AM
When you're on an escalator and people aren't moving up but still standing on the left side. MOVE TO THE RIGHT SIDE MOTHERFUCKER!

You have the same rule there too?! Fucks sakes... why do American/Canadian tourists constantly get it wrong here too then? Maybe it's just the Americans... ;)

ravenheart
03-09-2014, 05:30 AM
Energy-saving light bulbs

DVDs that automatically start when left on the menu screen

El Gordo
03-09-2014, 07:09 AM
You have the same rule there too?! Fucks sakes... why do American/Canadian tourists constantly get it wrong here too then? Maybe it's just the Americans... ;)

It's surely Canadians as well. Whether I'm exiting a subway station or at the local mall, there are all kinds of morons clogging up the damn escalator because they can't follow a simple rule.

kalfitegrdan
03-10-2014, 01:39 AM
The blatant raping of grammar.

Honestly, how fucking hard is it to capitalize letters and end sentences with punctuation marks?

This.

300%_Density
03-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Beginning the process of your (step)daughter becoming a teenager. Texting boys. Asking if she should send this text or that? What would he think? And she got a paper at Dr. as it pertains to female stuff.

I already cracked a beer. I'm ready to hang myself already. For those w/ younger girls get ready. For those currently there please talk me off the ledge.

adamclark52
03-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Beginning the process of your (step)daughter becoming a teenager. Texting boys. Asking if she should send this text or that? What would he think? And she got a paper at Dr. as it pertains to female stuff.

I already cracked a beer. I'm ready to hang myself already. For those w/ younger girls get ready. For those currently there please talk me off the ledge.

If I'd have had girls I would'be been fine. That's life. But now that all is said and done I am so glad I had boys.

adamclark52
03-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Yesterday: ten degrees Celsius, sunny, not warm but nice.

Today: minus ten degrees Celsius, snowing, windy, shitty.

Have I mentioned that I fucking hate winter?

El Gordo
03-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Yesterday: ten degrees Celsius, sunny, not warm but nice.

Today: minus ten degrees Celsius, snowing, windy, shitty.

Have I mentioned that I fucking hate winter?

I was off yesterday. I took my son for a walk, it was beautiful. I was happy yesterday.

Today? Fuck today.

HackedUpForBBQ
03-12-2014, 09:48 PM
I was off yesterday. I took my son for a walk, it was beautiful. I was happy yesterday.

Today? Fuck today.

Amen. It's been shitty here in western NY too, atrocious to be exact

christopher
03-12-2014, 09:51 PM
I hate that California never got a winter this year. :hecho:

El Gordo
03-13-2014, 02:48 AM

I'm going to find you, and when I do, I'm going to glare at you at shake my fist menacingly.

slapguitarer
03-13-2014, 06:35 AM

Same. And I know a lot of people everywhere else think we sound stupid or even ignorant considering the winter they go, but CA is facing a huge drought now because we got like maybe 1 week of rain. "Sunny California" has it's cons too.

El Gordo
03-13-2014, 07:58 AM
Same. And I know a lot of people everywhere else think we sound stupid or even ignorant considering the winter they go, but CA is facing a huge drought now because we got like maybe 1 week of rain. "Sunny California" has it's cons too.

Yeah, that's actually a pretty serious problem especially considering that water conservation is becoming increasingly important every where, not just the warmer parts of the world.

PVH5150
03-13-2014, 04:06 PM
I don't necessarily hate winter, I just hate March in Boston (St. Patrick's Week aside) because the weather gets way too fucking bipolar.

Tuesday: 63
Wednesday: 49
Today: 19
Tomorrow: 42
Saturday: 59

Northeast, Y U NO MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

Fun fact: 2 years ago today, it was 85 degrees. The only reason I remember that is because I saw Van Halen in Manchester with a sleeveless shirt and shorts.

BloodoftheKings
03-13-2014, 04:37 PM
I don't necessarily hate winter, I just hate March in Boston (St. Patrick's Week aside) because the weather gets way too fucking bipolar.

Fun fact: 2 years ago today, it was 85 degrees. The only reason I remember that is because I saw Van Halen in Manchester with a sleeveless shirt and shorts.

Seriously. This morning I just put on a light hoodie expecting another cool day. I took one step out the door and said to myself "are you fucking kidding me?". It was 60 here yesterday and today it was 20.

mastodon421
03-13-2014, 04:46 PM

Though I'm a lifelong resident of Massachusetts, the bipolar weather still manages to catch me by surprise every single year. I'm going to be stoked when May rolls around and the weather stays at least somewhat consistent.

adamclark52
03-13-2014, 05:15 PM
I've lived in Ontario for my whole life. It shouldn't surprise me. This year it's just seemed to be more extreme than usual. Five degrees one day then minus five the next is nothing special. But a difference of twenty degrees Celsius in one day is a bit much.

marker
03-13-2014, 07:55 PM

It did rain all weekend a couple of weeks ago. And the temperatures that weekend were a little bit cold, I think highs were only in the high 50's to low 60's.

John The Drummer
03-14-2014, 11:42 AM
temperatures that weekend were a little bit cold, I think highs were only in the high 50's to low 60's.

*condescending wonka*
Wow, that sounds sooooooo cold.

:tongue:

treghet
03-15-2014, 02:02 AM
It did rain all weekend a couple of weeks ago. And the temperatures that weekend were a little bit cold, I think highs were only in the high 50's to low 60's.

Unfortunately those two days of rain were not nearly enough. Aside from that weekend we only had a very light drizzle one day. It feels like summer never ended here. I suppose to some people that sounds like heaven, but I can't stand the heat.

marker
03-15-2014, 10:47 AM
*condescending wonka*
Wow, that sounds sooooooo cold.

:tongue:

Typical sarcastic comment from me of course. I did live in Vancouver, WA for eight years and Corvallis, OR. for seven years so I know what you mean. And even up there is wasn't that bad just wet. I wish it would rain more but I'm not complaining. Like these guys mentioned the drought is pretty fucked up, I hope we get some decent rain before summer hits.

El Gordo
03-17-2014, 04:09 PM
When my son gets sick. Not only does it suck to see him in any kind of pain and not be able to do much about it, but the lack of sleep really blows.

adamclark52
03-17-2014, 04:40 PM
When my son gets sick. Not only does it suck to see him in any kind of pain and not be able to do much about it, but the lack of sleep really blows.

I feel for you. No worse feeling than seeing your baby struggle.

swboyd
03-19-2014, 07:06 AM
I'm currently pissed off at my roommate...inviting your friends over after 11 PM when I need to work the next morning will only lead to me hating you more especially when you have no idea how to clean things properly.

ravenheart
03-19-2014, 01:30 PM
When the hand rail on an escalator is moving at a different speed to the steps.

adamclark52
03-19-2014, 02:09 PM
When the hand rail on an escalator is moving at a different speed to the steps.

:lol:

I'm sorry but that sounds like something out of a cartoon.

anomynous
03-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Revocation's coming back here.

They're opening for Whitechapel. WTF.

mankvill
03-20-2014, 02:38 PM

been there, seen that. :barf:

AnthG
03-20-2014, 03:21 PM

Is this a full tour?

anomynous
03-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Not sure

anomynous
03-21-2014, 08:57 AM
Rivers of Nihil is also on this show, so it's probably a tour or an off date of that rumored tour with those three and Devildriver.

anomynous
03-26-2014, 04:48 PM
The show got canceled because it's getting rerouted or something

adamclark52
03-29-2014, 11:46 AM
"Hate" isn't the right word but after four years I'm *sick* of changing poopy diapers. And I probably have another six months to a year left. I don't know how Nat has been doing it for seven years.

illuminatus917
03-29-2014, 12:47 PM
When relatives visit and stomp up my stairs so hard the pictures on my walls rattle.

And adults in general that can't bother to be conscious of the way they move their bodies.

And people who slam doors regardless of whether or not they're in a bad mood.

PVH5150
03-29-2014, 12:50 PM
The fact that I just got a letter from my landlord saying that the rent is going up $305 a month starting May 1st.

Great.

El Gordo
03-29-2014, 04:01 PM
When relatives visit and stomp up my stairs so hard the pictures on my walls rattle.

And adults in general that can't bother to be conscious of the way they move their bodies.

And people who slam doors regardless of whether or not they're in a bad mood.

THIS!!! I don't understand people who are just fucking loud. They talk loudly, they stomp around, they slam things... Brutal.

Natrlhi
03-29-2014, 04:12 PM
"Hate" isn't the right word but after four years I'm *sick* of changing poopy diapers. And I probably have another six months to a year left. I don't know how Nat has been doing it for seven years.:lol: I have no idea why, but that aspect of parenthood has never bothered me. I never shied away from it from day one, and it still doesn't bother me. Maybe it's because I've had dogs for even longer and dog shite is way worse than baby shite IMO (which is why my wife generally does that job :D). On the other hand, it's the constant whining I can't stand. That, and having to tell the little fuckers ten times to do something before they do it. They're not bad kids, it's just that they have the attention span of a fruit fly because...they're kids.

And people who slam doors regardless of whether or not they're in a bad mood.Ya know who else does all of these things? Children. All four of them, all day long. Let's just say it's a damn good thing these kids are so cute - it's the only thing keeping them alive most days. ;)

adamclark52
03-29-2014, 04:20 PM
:lol: I have no idea why, but that aspect of parenthood has never bothered me. I never shied away from it from day one, and it still doesn't bother me. Maybe it's because I've had dogs for even longer and dog shite is way worse than baby shite IMO (which is why my wife generally does that job :D). On the other hand, it's the constant whining I can't stand. That, and having to tell the little fuckers ten times to do something before they do it. They're not bad kids, it's just that they have the attention span of a fruit fly because...they're kids.

Ya know who else does all of these things? Children. All four of them, all day long. Let's just say it's a damn good thing these kids are so cute - it's the only thing keeping them alive most days. ;)

My youngest was getting up from his nap today and when I opened the door to his room it hit me like a ton of bricks. Then when I opened his diaper up to clean him I actually had to step away compose myself.

ravenheart
03-29-2014, 04:29 PM
THIS!!! I don't understand people who are just fucking loud. They talk loudly, they stomp around, they slam things... Brutal.

Chances are they have a hearing problem they don't want to admit to. Which is something I hate.

JRA
03-29-2014, 04:49 PM
assbags
bungholes
dillholes
dillweeds
asswipes
buttmunches
dickheads
fuckfaces
dweebies

and the worst of them all....

fartknockers

Also, when I accidentally come across a spoiler for something I'm watching/doing.

ravenheart
04-03-2014, 09:32 AM
That Facebook has started making uploaded videos play automatically.

powerslave_85
04-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Seriously, fuck that.

El Gordo
04-03-2014, 03:53 PM
It's driving me insane.

John The Drummer
04-10-2014, 10:32 AM
People that use my stores private parking lot for their own personal use. We have NO customer parking available due to everyone parking here for one reason or another (running across the street, using our lot while they're at work, at the bar last night and too drunk to drive home so letting us babysit their car, etc...)....

And we can't tow them, tried it once, and "The Law" said they need to be ticketed first, and what they are doing technically isn't breaking any law :bouville:

MetalIsArt
04-10-2014, 11:47 AM
That facebook posts status updates in your queue of pages you don't like and sometimes none of your friends like either.

:bouville:

SomewhereInTime72
04-12-2014, 09:42 PM
watch the advertisements

WATCH THE ADVERTISEMENTS

mankvill
04-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Things that I now hate because of idiots I am friends with that don't know when to stop overhyping shit -

- Sherlock
- Doctor Who
- Homestuck
- Attack On Titan
- Hannibal
- Supernatural

Like just SHUT THE FUCK UP

ravenheart
04-13-2014, 03:33 AM
Things that I now hate because of idiots I am friends with that don't know when to stop overhyping shit -

- Sherlock
- Doctor Who
- Homestuck
- Attack On Titan
- Hannibal
- Supernatural

So you're basically allowing pettiness to ruin some good shows for you?

kalfitegrdan
04-13-2014, 08:42 PM

- Sherlock
- Doctor Who
- Homestuck
- Attack On Titan
- Hannibal
- Supernatural

I really fucking hate the internet fandoms of Doctor Who and Supernatural. It doesn't stop me from liking Doctor Who though.

treghet
04-15-2014, 01:36 AM
I really fucking hate internet fandoms.

ravenheart
04-15-2014, 05:21 AM
I really fucking hate the internet fandoms of Doctor Who and Supernatural. It doesn't stop me from liking Doctor Who though.

I really don't pay attention to TV followings online, so the Supernatural one hasn't really impacted me, but here the Doctor Who fan-worship isn't just online, it's fucking everywhere. If you are the kind of person who allows that kind of thing to affect your enjoyment of something, there would be absolutely no way you could live in this country and enjoy Doctor Who.

MetalIsArt
04-15-2014, 07:13 AM
I like(d) Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Sherlock,... But it's just damn good television, and I've never seen Doctor Who. :eyes:

Lately, I've been interested in Masters Of Sex. Any good?

ravenheart
04-15-2014, 07:34 AM

Don't know for sure, but it sounds too much like a soap to me, so couldn't be bothered with it.

MetalIsArt
04-15-2014, 07:57 AM
Don't know for sure, but it sounds too much like a soap to me, so couldn't be bothered with it.

Ah, ravenskeptical ;)

kalfitegrdan
04-15-2014, 08:59 AM

I've been wanting to check that out. Mainly because it has Lizzy Caplan in it.

MetalIsArt
04-15-2014, 10:31 AM
^This.

adamclark52
04-15-2014, 11:51 AM
So yesterday it was twenty degrees and I wore a T-shirt. Today it's minus two, and five inches of snow. That shit just isn't right.

John The Drummer
04-15-2014, 12:05 PM
So yesterday it was twenty degrees and I wore a T-shirt.

YOU CRAY:!!!!

I really hate it when you like a band so much that you are willing to spend over $20 for their CD's :hmm:

smearCampaign
04-15-2014, 12:18 PM
YOU CRAY:!!!!

20 C is 68 F

John The Drummer
04-15-2014, 12:20 PM
20 C is 68 F

Oh yeah..... damn Canadians :mad:

adamclark52
04-15-2014, 12:56 PM
20 C is 68 F

But minus two is fucking cold no matter what language you speak.

It's not so much that it's minus two that pisses me off. It's that it's such a massive drop in less than twenty four hours. That shit's just not right.

adamclark52
04-15-2014, 12:57 PM
I really hate it when you like a band so much that you are willing to spend over $20 for their CD's :hmm:

Damn 'mericans, twenty dollars is pretty average up here.

AnthG
04-15-2014, 01:15 PM
Oh yeah..... damn Canadians :mad:

Yes, Damn Canadians for using a temperature and measurement format that every other developed country uses except for 1 specific country...

Damn 'mericans, twenty dollars is pretty average up here.

Where the hell are you buying your CDs if $20 is average? Even if you're including the tax.

ravenheart
04-15-2014, 01:46 PM
Yes, Damn Canadians for using a temperature and measurement format that every other developed country uses except for 1 specific country...

:jima:

RampinUp46
04-15-2014, 02:12 PM

This, except that the only thing I'm familiar with on that list is Homestuck. I haven't had a chance to watch anything else on that list, honestly...

adamclark52
04-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Where the hell are you buying your CDs if $20 is average? Even if you're including the tax.

Nowhere specific. The HMV megastore Downtown Toronto has dropped their prices a lot but most if what I want seems to be twenty dollars. Sometimes lower, sometimes higher. Amazon.ca is all over the place.

The only place I can regularly get a CD for under fifteen dollars is Wal-Mart. But they don't carry much I want outside the rare mainstream release. I don't frequent the indie stores because I don't know where they are.

El Gordo
04-15-2014, 03:33 PM
But minus two is fucking cold no matter what language you speak.

It's not so much that it's minus two that pisses me off. It's that it's such a massive drop in less than twenty four hours. That shit's just not right.

It ain't right at all. What a kick in the nuts.

PVH5150
04-15-2014, 03:37 PM
So yesterday it was twenty degrees and I wore a T-shirt. Today it's minus two, and five inches of snow. That shit just isn't right.

It was 78 yesterday and it's going to be 28 by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.

AnthG
04-15-2014, 07:08 PM
Nowhere specific. The HMV megastore Downtown Toronto has dropped their prices a lot but most if what I want seems to be twenty dollars. Sometimes lower, sometimes higher. Amazon.ca is all over the place.

The only place I can regularly get a CD for under fifteen dollars is Wal-Mart. But they don't carry much I want outside the rare mainstream release. I don't frequent the indie stores because I don't know where they are.

I shop at the megastore all the time. The majority of the stuff in their Metal and Punk selection 2-for-25, so I just go on a spree when i'm there. Maybe you're just buying too much super-duper-underground stuff. I did see both Black Breath albums there for $20 though but held off on buying them for now.

adamclark52
04-15-2014, 07:42 PM
I shop at the megastore all the time. The majority of the stuff in their Metal and Punk selection 2-for-25, so I just go on a spree when i'm there. Maybe you're just buying too much super-duper-underground stuff. I did see both Black Breath albums there for $20 though but held off on buying them for now.

The two for twenty-five stuff is good but yeah, a lot of the lesser known stuff is pricey. Don't matter. It makes me happy that I can still go there and be completely overwhelmed.

JRA
04-19-2014, 06:00 PM
It's more of an inconvenience than something I hate, but what's with the forums being "hidden" now?

es156
04-19-2014, 06:14 PM
It's more of an inconvenience than something I hate, but what's with the forums being "hidden" now?

What do you mean?

JRA
04-20-2014, 05:42 AM
Edit: never mind.

John The Drummer
04-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Edit: never mind.

I hate that album too, so overrated :tongue:

moobys37
04-25-2014, 10:43 AM
People that think using slurs is acceptable.

mankvill
04-25-2014, 11:10 AM
People that think using slurs is acceptable.

Yeah you fucking Maori :mad:

moobys37
04-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Yeah you fucking Maori :mad:

Seriously though, today alone somebody at my office was saying what that rancher in Nevada said was completely OK and I've seen at least 3 posts online today with "faggot" or something similar. Fucking stop.

kalfitegrdan
04-27-2014, 11:59 PM
Homeless people/charity workers that stand in the middle of the street at stoplights, collecting change. Also, the people that reinforce this behavior by actually giving them change.

ravenheart
04-28-2014, 02:31 AM
Homeless people/charity workers that stand in the middle of the street at stoplights, collecting change. Also, the people that reinforce this behavior by actually giving them change.

We have a magazine in this country called The Big Issue. It's produced specifically so that homeless people can be employed to sell it on street corners. One of the spots where they always sell it is outside the station I use to get to Fulham FC home games and last time I was there the guy couldn't yell "BIIIIG ISSUE" like normal because he was ON A FUCKING CELLPHONE.

dcmetal108
04-28-2014, 08:27 AM
We have a magazine in this country called The Big Issue. It's produced specifically so that homeless people can be employed to sell it on street corners. One of the spots where they always sell it is outside the station I use to get to Fulham FC home games and last time I was there the guy couldn't yell "BIIIIG ISSUE" like normal because he was ON A FUCKING CELLPHONE.

They have that in Chicago, it's called Streetwise.

They still ask for food and change then throw away the newspapers anyway.

MetalIsArt
04-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Since january, I have a different IT job for the same company.

We need to maintain contracts & contacts with outside suppliers and we use a ticketing tool from HP (which sucks cock) for that.

Their support team all of a sudden has seen that in a few cases I made an error, which means that the mail is still sent automatically to the supplier, but slower.
Let's say after 20 minutes instead of 5.

Big deal, asshole mail sent to our inbox (not to my private). I asked the guy why he couldn't tell me this earlier.

He still treated me like some fucking 10 year old.

John The Drummer
04-30-2014, 11:38 AM
That "Porn Star Dancing" song... MOST DUMBEST song ever.... I cannot put it into words.

AnthG
04-30-2014, 12:46 PM
That "Porn Star Dancing" song... MOST DUMBEST song ever.... I cannot put it into words.

I hate when Canadian Rock bands suck.

And now the douche from My Darkest Days i'm pretty sure is now the singer in Three Days Grace. I mean, 3DG wasn't exactly blowing me out of the water with their music, but they had some good tunes and their original singer had a nice voice.

John The Drummer
05-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Let's see how I can essplain this...

I hate when people use a part of the word they are trying to explain in the definition.....

"So... what does Pretentious mean anyways?"
"It's when you act with a lot of pretense."
"......k......"

I'm sure the original person doesn't know what that means either.....

El Gordo
05-01-2014, 03:27 PM
I hate it when people decide to do a month's worth of banking at the fucking bank machine. Haven't these fuckers ever heard of internet banking? Smartphones? As far as I'm concerned, an ATM is for deposits and withdrawals, that's it.

John The Drummer
05-01-2014, 04:07 PM
I hate it when people decide to do a month's worth of banking at the fucking bank machine. Haven't these fuckers ever heard of internet banking? Smartphones? As far as I'm concerned, an ATM is for deposits and withdrawals, that's it.

UGH! Similar situation, was at the ATM Machine (yeah, I said it) last weekend standing behind this dude who had NO IDEA what he was doing. I kinda peeked in to see wtf he kept messing up on and he kept hitting Cancel or "No", causing the machine to go back to the main menu.... IS IT REALLY THAT HARD!?!??!

kalfitegrdan
05-01-2014, 10:03 PM
I hate when people say "ATM machine." :finger:

Nick_to_the_face
05-01-2014, 10:21 PM
The Big Bang Theory:hmm:

AnthG
05-02-2014, 03:16 AM
The TV show or the theory?

ravenheart
05-02-2014, 03:21 AM

Got to assume the theory. It's the only thing that makes sense.

ravenheart
05-02-2014, 03:21 AM

Cash machine, right?

MetalIsArt
05-02-2014, 03:59 AM
Cash machine, right?

Also known as "car".

PVH5150
05-02-2014, 04:11 AM

Agreed.

Also, when people say "VIN number".

VIN = Vehicle Identification Number, not Vehicle Identification Number Number.

AnthG
05-02-2014, 05:42 AM
Same with PIN Number.

smearCampaign
05-02-2014, 06:40 AM
But if you don't put your PIN number into the ATM machine how do you get your cash money?

John The Drummer
05-02-2014, 07:30 AM
But if you don't put your PIN number into the ATM machine how do you get your cash money?

http://i.imgur.com/z5tQDzI.gif?1

Nick_to_the_face
05-02-2014, 08:17 AM

The goddamn show. I just can't fucking stand it

es156
05-02-2014, 03:27 PM

http://i.imgur.com/z5tQDzI.gif?1

:LOLFC:

El Gordo
05-02-2014, 03:32 PM
The goddamn show. I just can't fucking stand it

Agreed. One of the more overrated in the history of everything.

ravenheart
05-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Agreed. One of the more overrated in the history of everything.

People who don't like Big Bang amuse me. They're like Christians; absolutely not logical defence. Kind of like people 10 years ago who didn't like Frasier.

So, which current comedy shows do you actually find funny? Nick_to_the_face also.

adamclark52
05-02-2014, 04:38 PM
I think the worst thing about Big Bang Theory is that I understand about eighty percent of the geekdom.

ravenheart
05-02-2014, 04:41 PM
I think the worst thing about Big Bang Theory is that I understand about eighty percent of the geekdom.

:lol: I think I've a lower percentage than that, but I find it sort of doesn't matter. The humour really isn't as geeky as people pretend.

El Gordo
05-02-2014, 04:57 PM
People who don't like Big Bang amuse me. They're like Christians; absolutely not logical defence. Kind of like people 10 years ago who didn't like Frasier.

So, which current comedy shows do you actually find funny? Nick_to_the_face also.

Honestly, I don't know. I don't watch very much TV at all anymore, since I canceled my cable and only watch Netflix or download.

As far as recent shows? The League on FX is great, or rather was great, up until season 5. I always liked How I Met Your Mother, but could never get around my disdain for Ted even though I loved all the other characters. My wife and I watched a bit of Raising Hope, and I found that quite funny too, mostly because of Jimmy's parents. I guess if you were to ask me what my favourite comedy is since Seinfeld went off the air, it would be The Office. Yes, THAT Office. Not the original BBC version, even though I do think it's funny. I fell in love with the American version years ago and I still find it funny today. Oh, speaking of British comedies, I also found The Inbetweeners to be a riot.

Anyway, say what you want, but I just don't find Big Bang Theory funny. I borrowed the first three seasons from my mum, and never did more than chuckle. I expect a good comedy to have me on the floor laughing my ass off. For the record though, Frasier is one of my top 5 comedies ever. That shit was GOLD.

dcmetal108
05-02-2014, 08:16 PM
The League is nothing but amazing perfection. Not a single bad moment.

ravenheart
05-03-2014, 03:06 AM
How I Met Your Mother
The Office
The Inbetweeners

:hecho:

This'll be why you don't like Big Bang then. These are all stupid, Big Bang isn't. I'm the opposite, I can't stand comedy that's based purely on silliness.

PVH5150
05-03-2014, 04:23 AM
Louie, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and Archer are the three funniest shows currently on TV.

The best of all time? That would be Married With Children.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003436397/al-bundy-97588288112_xlarge.png

adamclark52
05-03-2014, 12:29 PM
I still wave the flag for Simpsons seasons 3 thru 5.

powerslave_85
05-03-2014, 12:39 PM
I think season 5 of The Simpsons is the greatest season of any comedy. Archer season 2 is up there too.

A lot of comedies have great season 2. I think the second season is the strongest for The Office (US), 30 Rock, Community, and Venture Bros.

El Gordo
05-03-2014, 05:29 PM
:hecho:

This'll be why you don't like Big Bang then. These are all stupid, Big Bang isn't. I'm the opposite, I can't stand comedy that's based purely on silliness.

That's cool. I don't like comedies based on suck. ;)

Nick_to_the_face
05-03-2014, 06:34 PM

Its completely over hyped. I've watched it over and over and there is just something to it that turns me away every time. I'll chuckle a little bit, and then something stupid will happen that ruins. And Sheldon annoys the piss out of me.

I love Seinfield, Taxi, Louie, its Always Sunny In Philadelphia, the league is fucking fantastic...hmmm can't think of anything else at the moment.

Oh, the Goldburgs is pretty good. And love Barney Miller

ravenheart
05-04-2014, 01:50 AM
I like how "I don't like it" translates to "overhyped". Actually, it isn't overhyped at all, because it is a cut above most other things it ages with. The writing is so much sharper than shit like New Girl, How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement, Two Broke Girls, and all that other Sunday morning cheesy "we'll never be Tool Time" crap. But I know how finding a main character annoying can ruin a show, as Gordo said about Ted in How I Met Your Mother (for most people, that's Barney).

Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia

I really want to get into this, but we've only had season 1 here, and that's crap. I know it's better after that, but can't watch it.

I might have to resort to "finding" it online if they're never going to release it here.

ravenheart
05-04-2014, 01:54 AM
That's cool. I don't like comedies based on suck. ;)

Evidently you do. Almost exclusively ;)

adamclark52
05-04-2014, 05:07 AM
Don't even speak of Two Broke Girls. My wife was watching an episode once while I was trying to get to sleep and just listening it was one of the worst shows I've heard in my life.

There are two things to like about that show ;)

PVH5150
05-04-2014, 08:14 AM
I really want to get into this, but we've only had season 1 here, and that's crap. I know it's better after that, but can't watch it.

I might have to resort to "finding" it online if they're never going to release it here.

Netflix, man.

Nick_to_the_face
05-04-2014, 09:12 AM
I like how "I don't like it" translates to "overhyped". Actually, it isn't overhyped at all, because it is a cut above most other things it ages with. The writing is so much sharper than shit like New Girl, How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement, Two Broke Girls, and all that other Sunday morning cheesy "we'll never be Tool Time" crap. But I know how finding a main character annoying can ruin a show, as Gordo said about Ted in How I Met Your Mother (for most people, that's Barney).

Being overhyped isn't a reason for disliking it, it is just an annoyance that adds to already existing hate.

AnthG
05-04-2014, 09:55 AM
South Park seasons 4-10.

'Nuff. Fucking. said.

But also Archer, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Community. Even this season of Community is far better than any other shitty network citcom that CBS has to offer.

EDIT: And Arrested Development. Probably the best live-action comedy Series ever. As long as we don't count that shitty Netflix season.

anomynous
05-04-2014, 10:29 AM
The League is nothing but amazing perfection. Not a single bad moment.

Except 95% of season 5.

dcmetal108
05-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Except 95% of season 5.

I still LOVED it.

kalfitegrdan
05-04-2014, 08:15 PM
I still LOVED it.

It was definitely the lowest quality season so far, but I still thought it was great.

John The Drummer
05-05-2014, 11:31 AM
I'mma throw in my $0.02 about Big Bang Theory. ITS AWESOME. One of the shows I can turn on and watch for hours and not get bored at all (which is helpful because it's on for hours every single day :lol: )

And in response to a pervious post.... Sheldon is SUPPOSED to be annoying! That's his character, adn he plays it amazingly. He turned me off from the show at first as well, but then I sat down and watched more and just fell in lvoe with it.

kalfitegrdan
05-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I really like Big Bang Theory too. Definitely the best laugh track sitcom on right now.

JRA
05-05-2014, 07:40 PM
South Park seasons 4-10.

This can be filled under "things I hate."

Actually "everything after the movie" is more accurate.

dcmetal108
05-05-2014, 07:50 PM

South Park as a whole can be filed under "things I hate"

kalfitegrdan
05-05-2014, 08:00 PM

You're crazy. Season 8 might be the best season of the whole show. So many great episodes. Season 3 is probably the only that is better.

South Park has recently been really hit or miss, but has had plenty of great episode. Actually it's always been kinda hit or miss come to think of it.

John The Drummer
05-05-2014, 08:16 PM
You're crazy. Season 8 might be the best season of the whole show. So many great episodes. Season 3 is probably the only that is better.

South Park has recently been really hit or miss, but has had plenty of great episode. Actually it's always been kinda hit or miss come to think of it.

Wiener
Wiener wiener
One wiener next to another wiener

adamclark52
05-07-2014, 02:13 PM
When radio stations promote their friends bands ad-nauseum. Kyng are okay but not that great. And Battlecross suck. There is a lot of better music out there.

I'm looking at you Sirius XM Liquid Metal. That station is almost Metal Sucks radio.

MPF
05-07-2014, 02:51 PM
I didn't read this whole thread but I hope I'm not the only one who is annoyed as fuck by Vaugebooking.

Vaguebooking is where you don't use pronouns in your Facebook statuses or make whiny status without actually saying whats going on and desperately looking for attention. "OMG, I hate my life" "My life totally totally sucks" "I hate him so much."

Facebook is not a fucking diary, if you treat it as suck, you deserve the shitty life you have.

ravenheart
05-07-2014, 03:56 PM
I didn't read this whole thread but I hope I'm not the only one who is annoyed as fuck by Vaugebooking.

Vaguebooking is where you don't use pronouns in your Facebook statuses or make whiny status without actually saying whats going on and desperately looking for attention. "OMG, I hate my life" "My life totally totally sucks" "I hate him so much."

Facebook is not a fucking diary, if you treat it as suck, you deserve the shitty life you have.

You're not alone.

People who post arbitrary statements without detail purely inviting people to ask what it means should be punched in the face.

AnthG
05-07-2014, 04:11 PM

South Park as a whole can be filed under "things I hate"

You two have never been more wrong in your respective lives.

Ommie
05-07-2014, 06:27 PM
I really hate how Drug Dealer Friend by Emmure is stuck in my head.

dcmetal108
05-07-2014, 08:47 PM
You two have never been more wrong in your respective lives.

I never thought most of South Park was too funny.

HackedUpForBBQ
05-08-2014, 12:08 AM
I hate these horribly torn up upstate NY roads that have become even worse after this past harsh winter and the woeful state of decline the entire area is in. Niagara Falls Ontario is fucking majestic when compared to Niagara Falls NY. As soon as you cross the bridge into the states it's immediately Shitsville USA. I sincerely believe that Tromaville HAD to have been modeled after the Falls, especially with all the nuclear waste that was dumped around here. Way to look out for the environment and the people by dumping nuclear waste next to one of the seven wonders of the world! It really fucking makes you wonder sometimes

adamclark52
05-08-2014, 12:20 AM
I hate these horribly torn up upstate NY roads that have become even worse after this past harsh winter and the woeful state of decline the entire area is in. Niagara Falls Ontario is fucking majestic when compared to Niagara Falls NY. As soon as you cross the bridge into the states it's immediately Shitsville USA. I sincerely believe that Tromaville HAD to have been modeled after the Falls, especially with all the nuclear waste that was dumped around here. Way to look out for the environment and the people by dumping nuclear waste next to one of the seven wonders of the world! It really fucking makes you wonder sometimes

I don't want to be too harsh on where you live but I never went to the USA until I was in my mid-twenties (around 2006). And the first time I ever crossed over the border was (I believe) the Rainbow Bridge from Niagara Falls, Ontario into Niagara Falls, NY. All those boarded up houses, cars on blocks, and stores that advertised "food stamps" as their main draw left a very lasting impression.

AnthG
05-08-2014, 05:17 AM
Niagara Falls USA: We have some casinos and...nothing else.

In all fairness, really the one thing that the Canadian side of Niagara falls has going for it is that one entertainment strip, and the fact that the view of the falls is better. Other than that it's pretty goddamn boring as well.

300%_Density
05-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Was setup to be in St. Louis June 16-20 for a training for work. I was setup for a Cardinal game on Father's Day & was going to see Eyehategod on that Wednesday. Now I'm going to Dallas and there isn't shit the week I'm down there. Warped is the day I'm flying in (of course). And of course I want to see the Rangers... Nope they are on the west coast that week. I'm pissed.

John The Drummer
05-08-2014, 01:35 PM
...when its a really slow day at work, so you whip out your 3DS only to find that the battery is almost dead :(

Natrlhi
05-08-2014, 02:11 PM
...when its a really slow day at work, so you whip out your 3DS only to find that the battery is almost dead :(

:rolleyes: Even my three-year-old son is smart enough to know that wherever the DS goes, so does the charger. :lol:

adamclark52
05-08-2014, 02:31 PM
:rolleyes: Even my three-year-old son is smart enough to know that wherever the DS goes, so does the charger. :lol:

Remember the days before portable gaming systems, smartphones and intranet?

Natrlhi
05-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Sure. I call those days "childhood through college". :lol:

John The Drummer
05-08-2014, 02:43 PM

DAMN KIDS WITH THEIR VIDEO GAMES AND MTV!!! :bouville:

Natrlhi
05-08-2014, 02:47 PM
MTV hasn't existed for ages.

John The Drummer
05-08-2014, 03:21 PM

I don't think they even play music videos... AT ALL... it's all "Reality TV" and bad "game shows".

adamclark52
05-08-2014, 03:48 PM

...Remember the good old days of music video television?

I've heard MTV sucked long before but Canada's Muchmusic was actually pretty good until around 2003.

illuminatus917
05-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Job hunting.

Natrlhi
05-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Job hunting.

Ick. One of my least favorite things. So glad I haven't had to do it since 1996. My only other job change since then was in 2002, and it was totally voluntary. I was basically invited to interview and the job was mine to lose, which of course I didn't since I'm a master bullshit arti- I mean, pretty good at being interviewed. ;)

Best of luck. :fist:

illuminatus917
05-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Ick. One of my least favorite things. So glad I haven't had to do it since 1996. My only other job change since then was in 2002, and it was totally voluntary. I was basically invited to interview and the job was mine to lose, which of course I didn't since I'm a master bullshit arti- I mean, pretty good at being interviewed. ;)

Best of luck. :fist:

Thank you kindly. :fist:

I interviewed yesterday and they asked me what type of music I like and what kinds of books I like to read. And... well... I didn't lie to them.

I'm confident I won't make it to the second round of interviews.

Natrlhi
05-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Thank you kindly. :fist:

I interviewed yesterday and they asked me what type of music I like and what kinds of books I like to read. And... well... I didn't lie to them.

I'm confident I won't make it to the second round of interviews.

:lol: What kind of job, if you don't mind me asking? Seems a rather irrelevant question unless you were interviewwing for a writing gig or something...

illuminatus917
05-08-2014, 05:34 PM
:lol: What kind of job, if you don't mind me asking? Seems a rather irrelevant question unless you were interviewwing for a writing gig or something...

Ocean Carrier Import Transportation Analyst position with Lowe's Companies.

It is irrelevant, but the guys that interviewed me seemed more interested in getting a feel for what kind of person I am, what kind of personality I have, what my interests are, etc., than my knowledge of all the stuff relevant to the job. I completely respect this. It could have been a big win scenario for me if they had been even slightly similar to me in any way.

Natrlhi
05-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Ocean Carrier Import Transportation Analyst position with Lowe's Companies.

It is irrelevant, but the guys that interviewed me seemed more interested in getting a feel for what kind of person I am, what kind of personality I have, what my interests are, etc., than my knowledge of all the stuff relevant to the job. I completely respect this. It could have been a big win scenario for me if they had been even slightly similar to me in any way.

Aha. I can vouch for that via personal experience. As I mentioned above, the job I interviewed for in 2002 was a lot like that, since they basically already knew I was qualified. Turns out my future boss (and his boss as well) were both fellow boaters, so we hit it off well and it was a slam dunk. Easiest interview I've ever had, and a very fortunate situation to find oneself in.

illuminatus917
05-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Aha. I can vouch for that via personal experience. As I mentioned above, the job I interviewed for in 2002 was a lot like that, since they basically already knew I was qualified. Turns out my future boss (and his boss as well) were both fellow boaters, so we hit it off well and it was a slam dunk. Easiest interview I've ever had, and a very fortunate situation to find oneself in.

Nice. I imagine, and this is just a hunch, but in my opinion a justifiable hunch considering I've read what you've had to say on this site for years now, that you have a very personal demeanor and a charming personality that would woo interviewers. That goes a long way.

I would prefer to interview without talking about music, books, etc., because in all honesty most people don't like the things we do, and the odds of winding up across the table from someone who does, especially in an interview setting, are unfavorable.

Too bad I have an anti-lying philosophy though. If they ask, I'm going to answer.

illuminatus917
05-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Hey Natrlhi, pardon my asking if you've answered before (or if you're not at liberty to answer), but what is it exactly that you do in that lab? I think the most I know about your job is that you "run samples."

:eyes:

John The Drummer
05-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Hey Natrlhi, pardon my asking if you've answered before (or if you're not at liberty to answer), but what is it exactly that you do in that lab? I think the most I know about your job is that you "run samples."

:eyes:

T-Virus, of course. We all know that! :)

Natrlhi
05-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to create a virus that causes a zombie apocalypse so I can sell it to Putin. :D

But seriously - I'm not sure where you got the "lab" part of my job description from. I've done that kind of work before, but not since college, really. More often than not I work in a typical office setting (a cubicle, actually). Occasionally you'll find me on site on some R&D project I may be working on, such as post-combustion capture of carbon dioxide from coal flue gas (back in 2008 - 2011), or for the project I'm working on now, where we built a pilot plant with $15 million of government money to prove a concept called chemical looping.

To answer your question, I'm a chemical engineer by education with an Executive MBA. I've worked a lot in business development (hence the strong interview skills ;)), and recently as a project manager responsible for getting the above equipment designed, fabricated, constructed and tested.

It all sounds rather glorious perhaps, but there are actually a lot of other people who do what I do, and probably better than I do it. I'm just a cog in the big machine, man.

illuminatus917
05-09-2014, 01:37 PM
T-Virus, of course. We all know that! :)

:lol: Or maybe he's using his chemical engineering knowledge and connections to supply barrels of methylamine to Methamphetamine cooks.

But seriously - I'm not sure where you got the "lab" part of my job description from.

Maybe I received that information indirectly, but I certainly remember people here talking about how you work in a lab.

And I see. It's all clear to me now.

ravenheart
05-09-2014, 02:57 PM
It all sounds rather glorious perhaps, but there are actually a lot of other people who do what I do, and probably better than I do it. I'm just a cog in the big machine, man.

I seriously hate project management :finger:

Natrlhi
05-12-2014, 09:40 AM
I seriously hate project management :finger:
You hate doing it, or the folks that do it?

John The Drummer
05-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Here's a story, folks, sit aroud the camp fire...

Was talking to someone, we'll call them Franko, about someone else, we'll call someone else Richard. You see, I was telling Franko about Richard, and how Richard is really lazy and couldn't do something because he was busy all day... then I went on Richard's Facebook and he had been posting all day and commenting on stuff and playing stupid games on there... but ya know, too busy to do something important. All Franko got out of that story, "Oh, Richard has a Facebook!?"

So... I hate people who only focus on the word Facebook and cancel everything else out.

PowerMaiden
05-12-2014, 06:38 PM
definitely the Montreal Canadiens, damn I hate that team :mad:..

PowerMaiden

illuminatus917
05-14-2014, 12:15 PM
You hate doing it, or the folks that do it?

Probably both.

John The Drummer
05-16-2014, 04:15 PM
Being on the road in Seattle on a Friday between 1:00pm-7:00pm

SO MANY IDIOTS. Almost got t-boned by a city transit because he didn't feel like he needed to stop at the stop light.

Spiner202
05-18-2014, 04:24 AM
Concerts that don't even start until 10:30 PM. Who is gaining from a show starting on that late?

Also, promoters who lie about set times in order to get people to show up early.

ravenheart
05-18-2014, 04:53 AM
Concerts that don't even start until 10:30 PM. Who is gaining from a show starting on that late?

Also, promoters who lie about set times in order to get people to show up early.

Yep, this.

adamclark52
05-18-2014, 06:41 AM

I avoid going to shows that start after 8pm, I'm old.

Spiner202
05-18-2014, 08:04 AM
I avoid going to shows that start after 8pm, I'm old.

It's a good strategy, but you'd miss a lot of great shows. I'm usually dead tired by about 9:30 and yawning through every band's set.

adamclark52
05-18-2014, 08:09 AM
It's a good strategy, but you'd miss a lot of great shows. I'm usually dead tired by about 9:30 and yawning through every band's set.

I know, but like you said; what's the point and benifit to going on at 1am?

Was it an inertia show you went to?

GarageMetal468
05-18-2014, 08:21 AM

Yeah there's been nothing but late shows recently. The worst is when they're on weekdays. I gotta be up at 5 AM Monday through Friday (as I'm sure others do) and that's no fun as it is.

Spiner202
05-18-2014, 08:29 AM
I know, but like you said; what's the point and benifit to going on at 1am?

Was it an inertia show you went to?

Nah it was done by the guy who runs Blacktooth Entertainment. Inertia never runs past midnight on weekdays, and usually is over by 12:30 on weekends.

Any locals only show always seems to have doors at 9 and ends between 1-2 am. I wouldn't go, but the bands are really great, and Inertia seems to put those bands on his shows sparingly. His opener choices are usually pretty bad IMO considering how many great local bands there are.

John The Drummer
05-18-2014, 08:43 AM

OMFG THIS!!!! Agalloch played last night and the show "started" at 9:00pm (mostlikely a little later, I didn't go), which means Agalloch likely went on around midnight. I like Agalloch, but seeing them THAT late would most likely put me to sleep.

Also, when my band did our tour last Summer half of the shows didn't start until 9 or later.... we're a pretty much unknown band, no one wants to go to a show that late for something they don't know, and then stick around even later. I remember our show in Salt Lake City didn't start until 10:30. There was no one there, I asked the soundguy "Can we just play and get it over with?" and he kept saying no... it was so fucking stupid.

slapguitarer
05-18-2014, 09:30 AM
Y'all are old

AnthG
05-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Nah it was done by the guy who runs Blacktooth Entertainment. Inertia never runs past midnight on weekdays, and usually is over by 12:30 on weekends.

Any locals only show always seems to have doors at 9 and ends between 1-2 am. I wouldn't go, but the bands are really great, and Inertia seems to put those bands on his shows sparingly. His opener choices are usually pretty bad IMO considering how many great local bands there are.

The Kataklysm show at El Mocambo in April was an Inertia show and Kataklysm didn't go on until Midnight. Granted it was a Saturday but still. Of course Inertia sometimes has to pack the bills with local openers which always pisses me off.

adamclark52
05-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Y'all are old

Pretty much. Back when I was a teenager most people were passed out in a puddle of their own vomit by midnight. But now people are just going out at that time.

PVH5150
05-18-2014, 11:44 AM
When my living room air conditioner stops working after only 4 summers. Another 300 bucks out the window that I can't afford to currently replace. Fucking pieces of Made In China shit. Nothing is made like it used to be.

dcmetal108
05-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Y'all are old

haha I was making this comment to Zach from here last night at Pig Destroyer, after working a 9 hour shift then killing a few hours it sucks when the shows doesn't start till 9pm and PxDx doesn't come on till around 11:30.

ravenheart
05-19-2014, 12:51 AM
Nothing is made like it used to be.

True, but aren't you like, 17?

PVH5150
05-19-2014, 04:33 AM
True, but aren't you like, 17?

24, going on 50.

ravenheart
05-19-2014, 05:26 AM
24, going on 50.

Ah, just about old enough to actually remember how things used to be made then ;)

AnthG
05-19-2014, 06:31 AM
Not getting the Canadian Holidays off and having to settle for the US holidays. In Canada.

ravenheart
05-19-2014, 06:33 AM
Full-page cover ads on newspapers.

Don't know if you get this over there, but a few of our newspapers here have a fake cover over the front and back page which is an ad.

At some point I expect it to stop when they release no one reads them and just turns straight to the real front or back page.

moobys37
05-19-2014, 08:03 AM

At least here in Pittsburgh, shows start that late at times because that's when the majority of the audience will come out. For whatever reason unless it's a massive (IE a band that pulls in 500 or more) show, people will not show up for an 8pm show until 9:30.

ravenheart
05-19-2014, 08:32 AM
At least here in Pittsburgh, shows start that late at times because that's when the majority of the audience will come out. For whatever reason unless it's a massive (IE a band that pulls in 500 or more) show, people will not show up for an 8pm show until 9:30.

Then all they've got to do is make a sold-out show of that kind start on time at 8pm. They'll only have to do it once or twice. People will soon stop being retarded once they've missed half a bands set a couple of times.

moobys37
05-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Then all they've got to do is make a sold-out show of that kind start on time at 8pm. They'll only have to do it once or twice. People will soon stop being retarded once they've missed half a bands set a couple of times.

Well they do. The problem is if you're band that brings in <100 people and you start a show at 8pm maybe 15 people will come vs. the 80-100 that'll come at a show starting at 10pm. I never understood it when I put on shows but when you're working with bands with guarantees and just wanting to make money for the touring band in general you have to bend to the market in order to maximize what you bring in.

John The Drummer
05-20-2014, 12:20 PM
The problem is if you're band that brings in <100 people and you start a show at 8pm maybe 15 people will come vs. the 80-100 that'll come at a show starting at 10pm.

Unless its a weeknight, that is a HUGE variable. Starting shows when people usually go to bed for work is just fucking retarded. Mini-tour I did last summer and a couple of those shows didn't start until late, and NO BODY was there, even with local support. Why? Because starting a show at 10:00pm on a Thursday is just dumb when a lot of people have to be up at 6:00am the next morning (unless you're a crusty that just couch surfs and doesn't have to worry about life)... start one late on a Friday or Saturday, ok, why not? That's when people are out at the bars getting trashed a may wander into your show or are too drunk to drive home :)

TL;DR - it's just dumb.

PVH5150
05-20-2014, 12:39 PM
Mexicans/Brazilians who come into my store and start speaking to me in Spanish/Portuguese.

I could understand it if I had a decent tan, but the German/Norwegian/Irish combination makes for the whitest non-albino on the planet.

John The Drummer
05-20-2014, 12:45 PM
Mexicans/Brazilians who come into my store and start speaking to me in Spanish/Portuguese.

I could understand it if I had a decent tan, but the German/Norwegian/Irish combination makes for the whitest non-albino on the planet.

:lol: !!!! Where do you work? I get that a lot too at the automotive store I work in.

PVH5150
05-20-2014, 03:11 PM
:lol: !!!! Where do you work? I get that a lot too at the automotive store I work in.

I work at Highland Auto Parts (which is a non-corporate NAPA) just outside Boston.

AnthG
05-27-2014, 07:03 AM
Getting tattooed.

moobys37
05-27-2014, 07:12 AM
Unless its a weeknight, that is a HUGE variable. Starting shows when people usually go to bed for work is just fucking retarded. Mini-tour I did last summer and a couple of those shows didn't start until late, and NO BODY was there, even with local support. Why? Because starting a show at 10:00pm on a Thursday is just dumb when a lot of people have to be up at 6:00am the next morning (unless you're a crusty that just couch surfs and doesn't have to worry about life)... start one late on a Friday or Saturday, ok, why not? That's when people are out at the bars getting trashed a may wander into your show or are too drunk to drive home :)

TL;DR - it's just dumb.

I agree 100%. However, if it was as simple as just saying every show starts at 8pm everybody would have done that years ago. At least here, that just isn't feasible.

dcmetal108
05-27-2014, 07:26 AM
I agree 100%. However, if it was as simple as just saying every show starts at 8pm everybody would have done that years ago. At least here, that just isn't feasible.

I'm going to a hardcore show tonight with 3 bands that starts at 830, now if this was a normal show I'd be pissed but knowing its a hardcore show means that the show should be over by 11 at the very latest.

AnthG
05-27-2014, 10:20 AM
When music DVDs use CD-style packaging. It looks fucking silly on my shelf with my other DVDs.

John The Drummer
05-27-2014, 10:35 AM
I work at Highland Auto Parts (which is a non-corporate NAPA) just outside Boston.

HAHAHA! Must be an automotive industry thing :lol:

John The Drummer
05-27-2014, 11:29 AM
I really hate these spasms I keep getting that go from the top of my neck to my upperback/shoulders :bouville: They aren't painful or anything, but they can be really strong and vibrate all the way down to my arms. Really annoying and irritating, especially when they happen while I'm drumming. Just started on Friday, so I can only imagine it's from all the drumming I've been doing after not playing for such a long time and I hit a nerve or something.

John The Drummer
05-29-2014, 01:31 PM
>Big Metal festival is announced
>Person only mentions the super obscure bands to prove tr00ness

slapguitarer
05-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Hmm obvi u r a false

MetalIsArt
05-30-2014, 12:04 AM

Another thing I hate: The Ledge, A Fleetwood Mac "fansite". My God, nothing the band does is ever good enough: too many Rumours songs on tour, too few Stevie songs, too much Stevie, too much Lindsey,...

ravenheart
05-30-2014, 12:49 AM

> Big festival is announced
> people only care about the headliners even though in terms of time they make up about 10% of the festival

People are just dumb when it comes to festivals.

MetalIsArt
05-30-2014, 03:17 AM
> Big festival is announced
> people only care about the headliners even though in terms of time they make up about 10% of the festival

People are just dumb when it comes to festivals.

This.

Which is why I never go for more than one day.

adamclark52
05-31-2014, 08:05 AM
Beyonce
Angelina Jolie

adamclark52
05-31-2014, 08:15 AM
When shit just inexplicably stops working. Since yesterday I can't log in to anything on Safari. It works on Firefox so I know it's not my computer. Now I have to just move all my stuff into a new browser after years and years on the other one. And I have to learn a whole new system. It's a little thing, but it's a little thing that makes me want to rip someones fucking head off and spit in their mouth...(whoa, must've been that Nine Inch Nails video I was watching last night).

energymetal14
05-31-2014, 02:12 PM
Shit like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYhXGDn1tRc)

dcmetal108
05-31-2014, 05:35 PM
Beyonce
Angelina Jolie

People I would fuck?

adamclark52
05-31-2014, 06:07 PM
People I would fuck?

All yours.

dcmetal108
05-31-2014, 08:18 PM
All yours.

I'm not into black women much but I'd dive head first into Beyonce.

Jolie in her prime or dressed as her character from Salt or Mr and Mrs Smith too!

John The Drummer
06-12-2014, 01:55 PM
I really hate days that are REALLY busy in the morning and DEAD SLOW in the afternoon.

I also hate days that are REALLY SLOW in the morning and REALLY BUSY in the afternoon.

PVH5150
06-12-2014, 02:05 PM
I really hate days that are REALLY busy in the morning and DEAD SLOW in the afternoon.

Our norm during warm months.

Then in the winter its HOLYFUCKINGBALLSACK busy due to everyone and their mother buying plow parts.

John The Drummer
06-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Our norm during warm months.

Then in the winter its HOLYFUCKINGBALLSACK busy due to everyone and their mother buying plow parts.

The moment there is a 1% chance of snow everyone and their neighbors dog walker wants to buy tire chains :lol:

Yesterday we were dead slow in the morning, sent two of our drivers home, and right away we just got hammered. :mad:

GarageMetal468
06-12-2014, 03:03 PM
The moment there is a 1% chance of snow everyone and their neighbors dog walker wants to buy tire chains :lol:

Yesterday we were dead slow in the morning, sent two of our drivers home, and right away we just got hammered. :mad:

Sounds like when I was in the restaurant business as a busser/barback. We'd send someone home early and then we get wrecked. Luckily we split the tips at the end of the night between how many of us were there, so more money from more business between 2 people rather than 3 was awesome.