PDA

View Full Version : Things you hate

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

ravenheart
09-03-2013, 05:03 AM
I see maybe two movies a year in cinemas these days. Used to be two a month.

I've seen three 3D movies ever. Underwhelming and not worth the money. As has happened every time in the past, the 3D gimmick will die, until next time they try to do it.

dcmetal108
09-03-2013, 05:18 AM
I see maybe two movies a year in cinemas these days. Used to be two a month.

I've seen three 3D movies ever. Underwhelming and not worth the money. As has happened every time in the past, the 3D gimmick will die, until next time they try to do it.

I see at least two movies in theaters a week.

ravenheart
09-03-2013, 07:46 AM
I see at least two movies in theaters a week.

Yeah, even back then I'd never do that. There just aren't that many movies worth seeing.

And with cinema prices vs DVD prices, that just wouldn't make sense anyway.

dcmetal108
09-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Yeah, even back then I'd never do that. There just aren't that many movies worth seeing.

And with cinema prices vs DVD prices, that just wouldn't make sense anyway.

I can go see a movie for $5, usually if I go see two back to back it still only costs me $5

ravenheart
09-03-2013, 09:16 AM
I can go see a movie for $5, usually if I go see two back to back it still only costs me $5

Yeah, that's ridiculously cheap. It'd cost you 4 times that here. Well, maybe twice that if you go on student rates during off-peak times etc.

rjturtle9
09-03-2013, 11:01 AM

Dude, that's a steal! Here it's like $12 each.

dcmetal108
09-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Dude, that's a steal! Here it's like $12 each.

Yeah the huge chain movies here are AMC Theaters and monday - thursday before 6pm and the first few showing on sat and sunday morning are $5 a ticket. If its IMAX or 3D it's like a extra $3 during that time period. They always get the 2D versions of movies though and its a extremely nice theater. Plus I only go to the movies during week days.

ravenheart
09-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Yeah the huge chain movies here are AMC Theaters and monday - thursday before 6pm and the first few showing on sat and sunday morning are $5 a ticket. If its IMAX or 3D it's like a extra $3 during that time period. They always get the 2D versions of movies though and its a extremely nice theater. Plus I only go to the movies during week days.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

dcmetal108
09-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Enjoy it while it lasts.

It is here to stay. It's been like this for years and they are the biggest movie chain around.

PVH5150
09-03-2013, 01:42 PM
The last new movie I saw in theaters was Shutter Island. A decent movie, but easily Scorsese's worst.

The last movie in general I saw in theaters was Jurassic Park in IMAX this past April for the 20th Anniversary. Never gets old.

Still, fuck the theater in general. No movie in the past 3 years has gotten me so excited that I couldn't wait another 4 months to get the Blu-Ray from Netflix.

TheWildAndTheYoung
09-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Here I believe it's like 5 bucks before 6:00 Pm like Monday-Friday or something like that

RampinUp46
09-03-2013, 07:57 PM
If I'm willing to go to the nearest theaters, they charge like $9 - $12 a ticket depending on what I'm seeing or how new it is, so I'll only do that if I really, really want to see something or if I tag along with someone.

Otherwise, I just wait about a month or so and go to a theater about half an hour away from me that plays the movies after the mainstream theaters are done with them, since it has tickets for dirt cheap and the management doesn't really care if you see another movie starting after the first one ends if you time it right. Last summer, I got to see The Dark Knight Rises and Dredd (the only movie with 3D effects that I actually thought enhanced the movie) for $1.50 since they ended and began within ten minutes of each other.

The food prices are about the same though, so I just never bother with that shit. :lol:

ravenheart
09-04-2013, 03:52 AM
Anyone who says things like "ga-raarge" instead of "garage".

Mis-pronouncing words doesn't make you posh, just wrong.

PVH5150
09-04-2013, 06:48 PM
When people call soda any of the following: Pop, tonic or fizzy drink.

ravenheart
09-05-2013, 04:04 AM

We don't use any of those. Everything is "soft drink" these days.

rjturtle9
09-05-2013, 05:13 AM
The singer from Huntress. And Butcher Babies.

ravenheart
09-05-2013, 05:36 AM
The singer from Huntress.

:lol:

They've just been confirmed as the openers on the UK Lamb of God tour next year, inevitably. It'll be my first time seeing them. Probably also my last (Huntress, that is).

AnthG
09-05-2013, 06:10 AM

WHAT'S WRONG WITH CALLING IT POP!?!?!?

You know funny thing is I thought it was purely a Canadian thing and that Americans unanimously called it "Soda" (or "Sowder" if you're from New Jersey), but apparently a huge portion of the Southeast US calls it "pop" as well.

Nick_to_the_face
09-05-2013, 06:32 AM
When hardcore kids wanna throw down for deathmetal bands. :tp:
However I think it's stupid when metal kids go to a super hardcore show and try to stop hardcore dancers.

Datjazzfusion
09-05-2013, 06:53 AM
When hardcore kids wanna throw down for deathmetal bands. :tp:
However I think it's stupid when metal kids go to a super hardcore show and try to stop hardcore dancers.

Force of habit?

Nick_to_the_face
09-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Force of habit?

I suppose so. I used to hate hardcore dancing with a terrible passion. But then I started going/playing a ton of shows in the hardcore scene around(which by the way, is pretty fucking awesome for being in the midwest) and I just see it way differently now. Still irks me when I hear the hardcore kids talking shit on regular ol' moshing.

Sanitarium78
09-05-2013, 07:05 AM
WHAT'S WRONG WITH CALLING IT POP!?!?!?

You know funny thing is I thought it was purely a Canadian thing and that Americans unanimously called it "Soda" (or "Sowder" if you're from New Jersey), but apparently a huge portion of the Southeast US calls it "pop" as well.

We call it "pop" here in Buffalo. I don't hear too many people refer to it as "soda" around here. It's always been "pop" in this area. It seems to be a regional thing when it comes to what people call it.

slapguitarer
09-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Both hardcore dancing and moshing are stupid.

ravenheart
09-05-2013, 08:35 AM

This. SO this.

dcmetal108
09-05-2013, 09:24 AM
I suppose so. I used to hate hardcore dancing with a terrible passion. But then I started going/playing a ton of shows in the hardcore scene around(which by the way, is pretty fucking awesome for being in the midwest) and I just see it way differently now. Still irks me when I hear the hardcore kids talking shit on regular ol' moshing.

This. I hate when kids that don't like hardcore at all try throwing down during a normal metal show then proceed with getting pissed when everyone moshes. You throw down at hardcore shows and mosh during a metal show. Simple.

TheWildAndTheYoung
09-05-2013, 09:58 AM

I agree.

adamclark52
09-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Head colds and sinus infections.

PVH5150
09-05-2013, 01:39 PM
The singer from Huntress.

You'd fuck her, don't lie.

slapguitarer
09-05-2013, 02:26 PM
You'd fuck her, don't lie.

I hate this comment.

Ommie
09-05-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm not into hxc dancing but for some reason I get way too much enjoyment watching people look like idiots flailing around. Hate moshing is what pisses me off.

Seasonal allergies also piss me off.

And soft drinks should always be called pop. :cool:

kalfitegrdan
09-05-2013, 02:57 PM
And soft drinks should always be called pop. :cool:

This.

Yes.

No. Well, maybe, but it's still fun. :tongue:

TheWildAndTheYoung
09-05-2013, 04:59 PM
I hate "Call Me Maybe" and "Payphone" both with a passion.

AnthG
09-05-2013, 05:20 PM
We call it "pop" here in Buffalo. I don't hear too many people refer to it as "soda" around here. It's always been "pop" in this area. It seems to be a regional thing when it comes to what people call it.

Makes sense. People in Buffalo might as well be honorary Canadians. Buffalo, Niagara Falls NY, and Alaska. When I lived in Massachusetts when I was younger I always heard "soda"

Ommie
09-05-2013, 05:20 PM
I hate "Call Me Maybe"
This is crazy...

Edit:
Makes sense. People in Buffalo might as well be honorary Canadians. Buffalo, Niagara Falls NY, and Alaska. When I lived in Massachusetts when I was younger I always heard "soda"
The Upper Peninsula of Michigan should might as well be called South Canada.

marker
09-05-2013, 06:59 PM

Exactly. Down here nobody calls it pop. I lived in Oregon and Washington state and pretty much everyone calls it pop up there, no one refers to it as soda. When I moved back here in 93' it took awhile to get used to calling it soda.

Alduin
09-06-2013, 07:28 AM
When youre about to roll a joint and you spill the busted weed on the carpet :bouville:

marker
09-06-2013, 04:26 PM
When youre about to roll a joint and you spill the busted weed on the carpet :bouville:

No need to roll a joint if you have really great weed.

rjturtle9
09-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Things I hate: Joints

Every other way to smoke weed is better than joints.

adamclark52
09-07-2013, 10:32 AM
September thru mid-May in Canada.

PVH5150
09-07-2013, 11:01 AM
When people pronounce "Jaguar" as "Jag-wire" or "Jag-you-are".

El Gordo
09-08-2013, 05:45 AM
September thru mid-May in Canada.

I assume you're talking Ontario specifically... I'll take September, October, April and May over the oppressive humidity of July and August.

adamclark52
09-08-2013, 06:49 AM
I assume you're talking Ontario specifically... I'll take September, October, April and May over the oppressive humidity of July and August.

I hate the unpredictability of September, October, April and May, November thru March I already know I'm going to hate.

El Gordo
09-08-2013, 07:03 AM
I hate the unpredictability of September, October, April and May, November thru March I already know I'm going to hate.

Meh, I don't even hate winter. Being cold sucks, but I love the snow, and driving on icy roads is kind of fun.

MetalIsArt
09-08-2013, 07:21 AM
When people pronounce "Jaguar" as "Jag-wire" or "Jag-you-are".

Ommie
09-08-2013, 07:23 AM
and driving on icy roads is kind of fun.
Uhhh, seriously? :eyes:

Maideneer
09-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Video games where you get to "The End" final scene, and it doesn't restart on it's own, you actually have to bring yourself to hit the home button or reset it or power it down completely. A feeling of total dissatisfaction.

MetalIsArt
09-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Video games where you get to "The End" final scene, and it doesn't restart on it's own, you actually have to bring yourself to hit the home button or reset it or power it down completely. A feeling of total dissatisfaction.

I feels ya bro.

El Gordo
09-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Uhhh, seriously? :eyes:

Yeah, if you know what you're doing, are expecting it and there aren't too many morons on the road.

GarageMetal468
09-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Yeah, if you know what you're doing, are expecting it and there aren't too many morons on the road.

Not a lot of morons on the road alone is asking for too much.

Ommie
09-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Not a lot of morons on the road alone is asking for too much.
Yeah, seriously.

All I know is every time I've driven on ice it was absolutely miserable.

adamclark52
09-08-2013, 08:20 PM
In Keswick pretty much everyone is a moron so we offset one another.

energymetal14
09-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Meh, I don't even hate winter. Being cold sucks, but I love the snow, and driving on icy roads is kind of fun.

Yeah, me and my friends ALWAYS go out and drive in the snowstorms just for fun. Nobody on the road and its fun to drift and stuff. Definitely dangerous though, gotta be careful. Winter;s my favorite season actually :eyes:

Maideneer
09-09-2013, 06:51 AM
Maybe not they're fault, but it really grinds my gears when non-English metal fans say "trash metal".

John The Drummer
09-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Maybe not they're fault, but it really grinds my gears when non-English metal fans say "trash metal".

When hanging out with Horna at MDF last year, Infection kept calling it that, was funny with his strong accent :lol:

AnthG
09-09-2013, 01:09 PM

This. Especially since I don't have air conditioning in my apartment at the moment.

That being said, December through mid-March is the other terrible extreme as well. Mild sweater weather is my favourite.

HackedUpForBBQ
09-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Why didn't I think of this sooner? DIGITAL DOWNLOADS. Cherry picking only certain songs off of an album instead of getting the entire thing is straight blasphemy. I never understood wanting to pay for MP3 files only.... if you're gonna spend the money on an album, why not get a hard copy? I guess everyone doesn't enjoy collecting CDs/vinyl, but they should damnit!

ALSO: People like my friends who claim to have "so many CDs" but 90% of them are burned copies and half of those aren't even actual albums but instead shitty mixes.

Yuck.

TheWildAndTheYoung
09-10-2013, 05:59 AM
Why didn't I think of this sooner? DIGITAL DOWNLOADS. Cherry picking only certain songs off of an album instead of getting the entire thing is straight blasphemy. I never understood wanting to pay for MP3 files only.... if you're gonna spend the money on an album, why not get a hard copy? I guess everyone doesn't enjoy collecting CDs/vinyl, but they should damnit!

ALSO: People like my friends who claim to have "so many CDs" but 90% of them are burned copies and half of those aren't even actual albums but instead shitty mixes.

Yuck.

Digital downloads are more convenient, especially when you have to pay extra for imported CD's.I always make it a priority to buy whole albums on iTunes though, if I have a couple of bucks left over I'll buy single songs I like of an album and most likely will buy the rest of it when I get the money again.

HackedUpForBBQ
09-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Digital downloads are more convenient, especially when you have to pay extra for imported CD's.I always make it a priority to buy whole albums on iTunes though, if I have a couple of bucks left over I'll buy single songs I like of an album and most likely will buy the rest of it when I get the money again.

You're right about the convenience and the price tag for sure, I just sincerely enjoy having a physical copy with the artwork, insert, CD/vinyl, etc. I'm on the fringe of being an obsessive collector too so that doesn't help my cause when I'm trying to save money. I just love it, though!

Nick_to_the_face
09-10-2013, 07:11 AM
This. I hate when kids that don't like hardcore at all try throwing down during a normal metal show then proceed with getting pissed when everyone moshes. You throw down at hardcore shows and mosh during a metal show. Simple.

Exactly :eyes:

You're right about the convenience and the price tag for sure, I just sincerely enjoy having a physical copy with the artwork, insert, CD/vinyl, etc. I'm on the fringe of being an obsessive collector too so that doesn't help my cause when I'm trying to save money. I just love it, though!

I am the same way. If I walk into a record store when I have barely enough money to cover the shit I actually need to cover, there is a big chance I will spend money I shouldn't. But I just love physical copies so much :bliss:

I hate when you start talking to the cashier or a worker in a record store(or any store really) and they seem really chill and cool and interested in the conversation and then they just say something that makes you realize they just want you to buy something.

HackedUpForBBQ
09-10-2013, 07:52 AM
I am the same way. If I walk into a record store when I have barely enough money to cover the shit I actually need to cover, there is a big chance I will spend money I shouldn't. But I just love physical copies so much :bliss:

Indeed! Glad to hear someone else out there shares the same addiction that I do. Local record shops have been my wallet's downfall the past few years, as I ALWAYS end up spending more than I wanted to. On the flip side it's made me beyond orgasmic to find some of the things I've found. And that's another thing.... I enjoy just browsing through stacks of vinyl and shitting myself in glee when I find something amazing. Last year I stumbled upon a record shop I didn't know about and upon my first visit I found an original copy of Mercyful Fate's Melissa. Just about had a heart attack. Needless to say that's now my go-to guy for metal vinyl. Ugh, is it pay day yet? I hate not having money!

dcmetal108
09-10-2013, 09:15 AM

Convenience I can see but price isn't always true. Best Buy near me usually has the cd's I want cheap upon release and if they don't have it the record store by me will order them free of charge for the lowest price available.

Fe Maiden
09-10-2013, 09:26 AM

Yuck.I much prefer CD's myself......seems they are going to go extinct however:hmm:

dcmetal108
09-10-2013, 09:41 AM
I fucking hate how labels like Century Media puts their cds in those cardboard cases instead of a normal plastic hard case.

adamclark52
09-10-2013, 10:49 AM
I fucking hate how labels like Century Media puts their cds in those cardboard cases instead of a normal plastic hard case.

+1

I'm not big on the Digipacks either. Especially when they come oversized with a "making of" DVD that I'm never going to watch. I usually go out of my way to get a standard jewel case. Even if it means I miss out on a bonus track (because the bonus tracks are usually covers anyways).

John The Drummer
09-10-2013, 03:15 PM
People that speed up and try to hit you when you are making a turn through their lane.... never understood the thought process on that... like.... are you TRYING to ruin your car????

HackedUpForBBQ
09-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Convenience I can see but price isn't always true. Best Buy near me usually has the cd's I want cheap upon release and if they don't have it the record store by me will order them free of charge for the lowest price available.

Yeah most CDs aren't that bad unless it's something extraordinary, but when you start buying vinyl that's when it can get very expensive. I've spent an arm and a leg for some of my vinyl.

I much prefer CD's myself......seems they are going to go extinct however:hmm:

Amen to that. It still seems crazy to me that I have to go to specialty stores now to even find a good CD selection.

IrritatedTrout
09-10-2013, 06:45 PM

It's crap.

GarageMetal468
09-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Yeah, seriously.

All I know is every time I've driven on ice it was absolutely miserable.

About 3 years ago my brakes locked up on ice and I ended up rear ending someone. Fuck driving in the winter.

People that speed up and try to hit you when you are making a turn through their lane.... never understood the thought process on that... like.... are you TRYING to ruin your car????

Good lord, this. I don't get what they are trying to accomplish, except getting into an accident.

RampinUp46
09-11-2013, 08:42 AM
People that shout random band names at other band's shows. Last night at Iron Maiden, I overheard a couple of hipsters shouting "Pantera" and "Slayer" during a couple of lulls in the first half of the set. Shut the fuck up and enjoy the show.

TheWildAndTheYoung
09-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Yeah most CDs aren't that bad unless it's something extraordinary, but when you start buying vinyl that's when it can get very expensive. I've spent an arm and a leg for some of my vinyl.

Amen to that. It still seems crazy to me that I have to go to specialty stores now to even find a good CD selection.

That's one of the main reasons I just buy on iTunes, because I rarely am able to visit a really good CD store, and if I order them it takes longer.In the end I just want to be able to listen to my music, if I am able to get the CD then that's great but otherwise I'm not going to neglect something that's more convenient.The only good CD store in Georgia I've been to is way up north, and that's where I bought most of my Journey CD's, and I occasionally find something good in Walmart's and Best Buy's $5 selection.

Funny enough best record store I've ever been to was in Downtown Disney, the place was HUMONGOUS with two whole floors of nothing but CD's and Vinyl of every genre you can think of, and pretty much any band you can think of.First time I went there I remembered having to choose one of like 5 Stryper CD's, second time had to choose one CD of KISS's entire catalog, and remembered seeing all Winger's stuff including the Heading For A Heartbreak single.It was like 8 years ago though, don't know if it's still there, but if it is I would love to go back.

jhdeity
09-11-2013, 10:16 AM
I don't hate much but when it comes to music I hate no one person more than Dave Nutstain. Using religion as an excuse to not play your best music goes against everything I believe in. He is the ultimate traitor and sell out to me...

John The Drummer
09-11-2013, 11:52 AM
People that shout random band names at other band's shows. Last night at Iron Maiden, I overheard a couple of hipsters shouting "Pantera" and "Slayer" during a couple of lulls in the first half of the set. Shut the fuck up and enjoy the show.

Shouting Pantera at shows is soooooooooooo 2012. :tongue:

mankvill
09-11-2013, 12:20 PM
I remember yelling RIP IN PEACE PAUL GREY and stuff at shows, that's always fun

John The Drummer
09-11-2013, 03:05 PM
I remember yelling RIP IN PEACE PAUL GREY and stuff at shows, that's always fun

I prefer yelling "BRING BACK VORTEX!!!" at Cradle of Filth shows :)

GarageMetal468
09-11-2013, 03:22 PM

Pantera is the exception. Thank you John and friends for bringing this awesome habit upon myself and others in Chicago.

John The Drummer
09-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Pantera is the exception. Thank you John and friends for bringing this awesome habit upon myself and others in Chicago.

:bliss::bliss::bliss:
Everyone needs to do this! Wish I was at MDF this year so I could have yelled it during Down.

rjturtle9
09-11-2013, 06:22 PM
I don't hate much but when it comes to music I hate no one person more than Dave Nutstain. Using religion as an excuse to not play your best music goes against everything I believe in. He is the ultimate traitor and sell out to me...

+1

mankvill
09-11-2013, 07:03 PM
:bliss::bliss::bliss:
Everyone needs to do this! Wish I was at MDF this year so I could have yelled it during Down.

if you were watching Down instead of Aosoth/Vinterland/Antaeus - gtfo

John The Drummer
09-12-2013, 11:53 AM
if you were watching Down instead of Aosoth/Vinterland/Antaeus - gtfo

I could pass on the first two since I am not familiar with them (srry, don't get much music exploring time anymore :( ), but Antaeus.... hell naw, I'd have to see them!!!

Something I really hate.....

When I open a cup of yogurt...and it shoots out and hits me :mad:

Ommie
09-12-2013, 12:01 PM
When I open a cup of yogurt...and it shoots out and hits me :mad:
You sure that's not yogurt?

I couldn't help it...

Sepultura69
09-12-2013, 05:27 PM
You sure that's not yogurt?

I couldn't help it...

Gross :lol:

Nick_to_the_face
09-13-2013, 09:09 AM
overheard a couple of hipsters shouting "Pantera" and "Slayer" during a couple of lulls in the first half of the set. Shut the fuck up and enjoy the show.

Wut.

When you tell someone "hey cool shirt" and they look at you stupid

RampinUp46
09-14-2013, 10:24 PM
People who come to the thrift store I work at and donate their fucking garbage because they didn't put it out on the curb on the right day or are just too lazy to pay the proper bills.

BRAman22
09-14-2013, 11:03 PM
The refs of the Wisconsin Arizona state game.

Maideneer
09-15-2013, 12:47 AM
Those 2 jerks who always yell and shout in the Sonic commercials. STFU already. Blah blah blah CRISPY BACON HERE! S.T.F.U.!!!!

Ommie
09-15-2013, 07:25 PM
People who come to the thrift store I work at and donate their fucking garbage because they didn't put it out on the curb on the right day
... people do this?

adamclark52
09-15-2013, 08:39 PM
When people don't sync and combine songs properly on their iPods. Example, someone who has (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth and Whiplash as two tracks, so when they put their iPods on random you get a song that seems to end halfway through or start halfway through. I always combine tracks that merge together, even if I'm left with a twenty minute song rather than four five minute songs.

Nick_to_the_face
09-16-2013, 09:02 AM
People

smearCampaign
09-16-2013, 09:06 AM
People

+1

kalfitegrdan
09-16-2013, 09:01 PM
People

+2

ravenheart
09-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Bar staff who don't understand "Bud".

ravenheart
09-17-2013, 03:32 PM
When people don't sync and combine songs properly on their iPods. Example, someone who has (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth and Whiplash as two tracks, so when they put their iPods on random you get a song that seems to end halfway through or start halfway through. I always combine tracks that merge together, even if I'm left with a twenty minute song rather than four five minute songs.

Nah. How they're split on the CD is how they're meant to be.

It's people like you who fuck up Last.fm and all the online mp3-tagging services.

HackedUpForBBQ
09-17-2013, 05:11 PM
People

+3

90% of the people I work with need their miserable lives to end horrifically

El Gordo
09-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Bar staff who don't understand "Bud".

Why are you asking for Bud anyways?

adamclark52
09-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Nah. How they're split on the CD is how they're meant to be.

It's people like you who fuck up Last.fm and all the online mp3-tagging services.

It sounds like shit and annoys me.

ravenheart
09-18-2013, 01:37 AM
Why are you asking for Bud anyways?

Because there's fuck all else worth drinking in your bars.

El Gordo
09-18-2013, 01:53 AM

"Your" bars? Canadian beer is not American beer. You can find a shitload of beers better than fucking Bud in any bar I would go to. By the same token, I've been to lots of bars in the US as well and I don't think I've ever been reduced to ordering a Bud. You're going to the wrong bars.

Onioner
09-18-2013, 02:17 AM

Probably 90% of bars in CA have Sierra Nevada on tap, I think you're just beering wrong?

ravenheart
09-18-2013, 02:34 AM
Probably 90% of bars in CA have Sierra Nevada on tap, I think you're just beering wrong?

Tried that, wasn't impressed.

Onioner
09-18-2013, 02:38 AM
Tried that, wasn't impressed.

:eyes: Dude, if you'd rather take a Bud over a Sierra then I have all the pity in the world for your taste buds.

ravenheart
09-18-2013, 02:39 AM
:eyes: Dude, if you'd rather take a Bud over a Sierra then I have all the pity in the world for your taste buds.

There was no "rather". Once in CA, I had one of each of those.

Nick_to_the_face
09-18-2013, 08:32 AM
My first reaction the beer thing was "why the fuck aren't you drinking boulevard?" Then I remembered that's a KC thing. Ya poor bastards.

I hate the Kansas City Hardcore scene

mankvill
09-18-2013, 08:40 AM
I hate the Kansas City Hardcore scene

I kind of agree. There was a point a couple years ago where I saw a ton of Lawrence/KC hardcore bands and I thought most of them really sucked and the fans were all assholes who would rather pick fights than have a good time. I actually avoided a few shows just because I didn't want to deal with them.

But then there are a few really awesome bands, like No Master and Canyons and HCL

ravenheart
09-18-2013, 09:11 AM
My first reaction the beer thing was "why the fuck aren't you drinking boulevard?" Then I remembered that's a KC thing. Ya poor bastards.

Yep, definitely didn't see that one anywhere.

It made me miss Peroni Nastro Azzurro.

ravenheart
09-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Venues that open an hour or more before any band is due on stage.

PVH5150
09-18-2013, 12:47 PM

By "your", do you mean North America in general?

If so, you haven't had a Sam Adams Boston Lager. And if you have, your taste buds are suffering from erectile dysfunction.

PVH5150
09-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Venues that open an hour or more before any band is due on stage.

That would be just about every semi-known venue in this country.

Doors at 7, show at 8, etc.

The Casino Ballroom in Hampton Beach, New Hampshire actually always opens at 6 and the show starts at 8.

ravenheart
09-18-2013, 03:59 PM
That would be just about every semi-known venue in this country.

Here it varies depending on how many bands are playing.

ravenheart
09-18-2013, 04:01 PM
By "your", do you mean North America in general?

If so, you haven't had a Sam Adams Boston Lager. And if you have, your taste buds are suffering from erectile dysfunction.

Indeed I do. Been to four cities so far and the story has been similar in each.

Some places had Samuel Adams, but since England is packed with Samuel Adams pubs, which only serve their stuff, I wasn't it much of a hurry to get any as we have it here. When in Rome, and all that.

GarageMetal468
09-18-2013, 04:03 PM
For some reason most of the posts I've seen on facebook in the past 24 hours have made me lose copious amounts of brain cells.

kalfitegrdan
09-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Indeed I do. Been to four cities so far and the story has been similar in each.

Some places had Samuel Adams, but since England is packed with Samuel Adams pubs, which only serve their stuff, I wasn't it much of a hurry to get any as we have it here. When in Rome, and all that.

You need to come to Chicago then. So many great local breweries depending on your tastes.

Ommie
09-18-2013, 04:42 PM
For some reason most of the posts I've seen on facebook in the past 24 hours have made me lose copious amounts of brain cells.
Aaaaand this is why I won't get a FB.

ravenheart
09-18-2013, 06:32 PM
You need to come to Chicago then. So many great local breweries depending on your tastes.

One day. It's definitely on the list.

Natrlhi
09-19-2013, 12:15 AM
One day. It's definitely on the list.There's a bunch of other reasons to go to Chicago as well, such as:

There is a pretty diverse music scene there, including lots of metal.
The food is fucking ridiculously good.
Kuma's Corner (which is a perfect combination of the first two items)
Several fairly good record stores exist there.
The architecture of the city is awesome.
It's a big city, but it's way cleaner than New York and / or LA.
Lots of good sports related stuff to do (Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks, etc.).
If you time the visit right, I will convince the wife it's time to go see her family and I will meet up with you and give you a much-needed ass-kicking.

kalfitegrdan
09-19-2013, 01:30 AM
There's a bunch of other reasons to go to Chicago as well, such as:

There is a pretty diverse music scene there, including lots of metal.
The food is fucking ridiculously good.
Kuma's Corner (which is a perfect combination of the first two items)
Several fairly good record stores exist there.
The architecture of the city is awesome.
It's a big city, but it's way cleaner than New York and / or LA.
Lots of good sports related stuff to do (Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks, etc.).
If you time the visit right, I will convince the wife it's time to go see her family and I will meet up with you and give you a much-needed ass-kicking.

Yeah, all this. I don't hate Chicago. :lovedup:

adamclark52
09-19-2013, 07:07 AM
I'm actually doing a road trip with my wife and kids in October through Chicago. Where are these good music stores? What are some good restaurants to hit?

dcmetal108
09-19-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm actually doing a road trip with my wife and kids in October through Chicago. Where are these good music stores? What are some good restaurants to hit?

Reckless Records

For food :

Kumas
Ginos East
Giordanos
The Squared Circle (wrestling restaurant)

adamclark52
09-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Reckless Records

For food :

Kumas
Ginos East
Giordanos

What are some of the addresses?

ravenheart
09-19-2013, 01:43 PM
The apparent "Flashback Thursday" fad on Facebook.

BloodoftheKings
09-19-2013, 02:54 PM
The apparent "Flashback Thursday" fad on Facebook.

You mean "#throwbackthursday"?

ravenheart
09-19-2013, 02:55 PM
You mean "#throwbackthursday"?

Yeah, that thing.

kalfitegrdan
09-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Reckless Records

For food :

Kumas
Ginos East
Giordanos

Definitely go to Kuma's (2900 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL). It's a metal themed restaurant.

Also, adding to those:

Susie's Drive-in (4126 W Montrose Ave Chicago, IL)

Lockdown Burger (poor man's Kuma's Corner, but with a more diverse menu and less dick rules) (1024 N Western Ave, Chicago, IL)

Jim's Original (if you want to have a real Chicago style hotdog) (1250 S Union Ave Chicago)

Also, if you're there on a Tuesday, Reggie's (2105 S State St, Chicago, IL) is worth checking out. They have 25 cent wings on Tuesday, plus there's a pretty neat record store upstairs called Record Breakers.

MetalIsArt
09-20-2013, 09:48 AM
New Sepultura
Robert Flynn's rants ("diary")

Natrlhi
09-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Reckless RecordsReckless is the most well-known and most established joint, but there are others as well. Laurie's Planet of Sound is pretty awesome, and there's a damn decent store attached to Reggie's as well.

Speaking of which, a few decent metal venues to Google before you make your trip are Reggie's, Metro, Subterranean, The Empty Bottle, Bottom Lounge, Ultra Lounge and EXIT. These are where most of the punk / metal acts that come through town stop (aside from the larger commercial joints like HOB or the Riviera for major acts).

For food :

Kumas
Ginos East
Giordanos
The Squared Circle (wrestling restaurant):lol: I don't know anything about the Squared Circle, but those other joints are teh tits ( . )( . ) :rocker:

Also, you have to get either some Italian beef or a Chicago style dog while you're in the area. Al's Beef has both (although their beef is better than their dogs), and they have locations all over the city. My favorite is the one right across from Gino's East on W. Ontario at Wells. There are so many great hot dog places it's impossible to recommend just one. Google that shit and decide for yourself, based on your travel plans. Most of them are far better than anything you've ever had outside of Chicago, so you basically can't go wrong. I personally like Murphy's Red Hots and Hot Doug's.

Finally, if you're in a more discerning mood and have the cash, Chi-town has a lot of excellent steak places. I recommend the Chicago Chop House (which, incidentally, is two blocks east of Al's Beef and Gino's East on W. Ontario).

powerslave_85
09-22-2013, 09:51 AM
When I'm stuck with shitty NFL games and won't get to see Indy-San Francisco.

Maideneer
09-22-2013, 10:33 AM
When you go to someone else's house and you have to turn the sink faucet clockwise to turn it off...drives me nuts. Similarly when the toilet paper/paper towels are in the underhand direction.

ravenheart
09-22-2013, 11:14 AM
When you go to someone else's house and you have to turn the sink faucet clockwise to turn it off...drives me nuts. Similarly when the toilet paper/paper towels are in the underhand direction.

Or when the hot is on the right and the cold on the left. What kind of backwards people do that!?

Nick_to_the_face
09-22-2013, 03:09 PM
I kind of agree. There was a point a couple years ago where I saw a ton of Lawrence/KC hardcore bands and I thought most of them really sucked and the fans were all assholes who would rather pick fights than have a good time. I actually avoided a few shows just because I didn't want to deal with them.

But then there are a few really awesome bands, like No Master and Canyons and HCL
People want to talk about supporting the scene and everything when its a bunch of horse shit unless you are conflicts. And everyone is just an elitist asshole, people don't care about you unless you are super tough guy. And the thing is, we do have some really good bands. Everyone else just sucks.

Canyons is really good. Doesn't the vocalist work at Mills or whatever its called?And shut up asshole:lol:

adamclark52
09-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Yeah, are any of those restaurants family friendly? I'm traveling with a three-year old and a one-year old. I'd go to the metal restaurant but my wife probably won't like me taking the boys there. Although I can picture the waitresses and my youngest son enjoying them.

I am going to hit Reckless Records on Wisconsin Ave. The Misfits show I'm going to is pretty close and it's open until 8pm on Sundays. And their website shows them having a lot of used Sonic Youth albums.

El Gordo
09-22-2013, 04:33 PM

Don't you mean counter-clockwise?

Natrlhi
09-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Yeah, are any of those restaurants family friendly?I've had my kids to both Gino's East and Giordano's and they absolutely loved them both (they specialize in Chicago style deep dish pizza, if that wasn't obvious). Also, any of the hot dog joints should be right up the little ones' alley. My sons love the hot dogs at Al's, although they obviously don't go for all the fixin's that make it a tr00 Chicago style dog, because after all who the fuck puts sliced tomatoes, a cucumber / pickle spear and celery salt on a hot dog, right? But get 'em a plain dog with ketchup and they'll be in heaven. :fist:

dcmetal108
09-22-2013, 09:01 PM
I've had my kids to both Gino's East and Giordano's and they absolutely loved them both (they specialize in Chicago style deep dish pizza, if that wasn't obvious). Also, any of the hot dog joints should be right up the little ones' alley. My sons love the hot dogs at Al's, although they obviously don't go for all the fixin's that make it a tr00 Chicago style dog, because after all who the fuck puts sliced tomatoes, a cucumber / pickle spear and celery salt on a hot dog, right? But get 'em a plain dog with ketchup and they'll be in heaven. :fist:

There is one hot dog place here where they yell and cuss you out at night just for fun. Went with my family during the day and they didn't yell at us but their vulgar conversation was great.

The hot dogs were amazing because they burn them to a crisp.

John The Drummer
09-23-2013, 12:14 PM
People from Europe who bitch about US getting "all the good tours" when they get so many amazing fests and so many bands and performances that will never see the light of day on this side of the pond...

(I'm looking at you "Sogna Brigade"....)

ravenheart
09-23-2013, 12:37 PM
People from Europe who bitch about US getting "all the good tours" when they get so many amazing fests and so many bands and performances that will never see the light of day on this side of the pond...

It's a pretty simple situation. When it comes to the big bands, the US gets the best support packages, but probably overall fewer tours because of the European festival circuit.

When it comes to smaller bands, the US gets the best tours for the bands which are American, Europe gets the best tours for the bands which are European. No one gets tours for bands from elsewhere.

Dextrimental
09-23-2013, 01:53 PM
It's a pretty simple situation. When it comes to the big bands, the US gets the best support packages, but probably overall fewer tours because of the European festival circuit.

When it comes to smaller bands, the US gets the best tours for the bands which are American, Europe gets the best tours for the bands which are European. No one gets tours for bands from elsewhere.

This. Dublin get's good headlining shows because bands do off dates on festivals. UK gets good packages, Ireland gets maybe half of those, if even. There is more variety in Europe's line ups because of the festivals, but Europe as a whole isn't much better than the states. We have the festivals, but after that, there's still 'B' territories where shows don't generally go, and there's still ridiculous money in getting bands from a to b to play shows.

ravenheart
09-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Ireland gets no shows.

adamclark52
09-27-2013, 12:33 PM
When you get a new operating system and the changes are less than subtle.

MetalIsArt
09-29-2013, 02:30 AM
Dean Guitars for not making more "non Dime" USA razorbacks & ML's.

John The Drummer
10-02-2013, 12:07 PM
I may have already posted this... but I absolutely HATE those stupid Pink Mustache's that people put on the front of their cars. IT LOOKS SO FUCKING STUPID!!!!!

Ommie
10-02-2013, 06:08 PM
I may have already posted this... but I absolutely HATE those stupid Pink Mustache's that people put on the front of their cars. IT LOOKS SO FUCKING STUPID!!!!!
What the hell? I've never seen that...

*google image search*

Oh man you are right. It looks like a worm or a really funky kidney...

kalfitegrdan
10-02-2013, 09:03 PM

Agreed. That shit looks so dumb.

ravenheart
10-03-2013, 08:47 AM

Saw some of that in Vegas last month. We just assumed it was some marketing thing?

John The Drummer
10-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Saw some of that in Vegas last month. We just assumed it was some marketing thing?

I thought it was just a Seattle thing due to all of our Hipsters..... :bouville:

Maideneer
10-03-2013, 04:02 PM
ANY iPhone badge app notifications unopened, drives me nuts.

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2013, 05:07 PM
When I look up an album on Spotify and the band pops up in the search bar with a picture of the album I want to listen to but all they have from the artist is songs they did for compilations.

RAZOR
10-03-2013, 05:28 PM

I've never seen that, but I see too many people here with eyelashes on their headlights. It's the tackiest fuckin' thing ever.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_FMtpTm3Qjw/Tp2iUPqxuKI/AAAAAAAAAIU/VBKe8BBwVNI/s320/photo.JPG

John The Drummer
10-03-2013, 05:44 PM
I've never seen that, but I see too many people here with eyelashes on their headlights. It's the tackiest fuckin' thing ever.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_FMtpTm3Qjw/Tp2iUPqxuKI/AAAAAAAAAIU/VBKe8BBwVNI/s320/photo.JPG

OMMMMMMMMMMMGZZZZZZZZZZZ THAT IS SO STUPID!!!!!! People need to stop making their cars look like hipsters :mad::mad::mad:

slapguitarer
10-03-2013, 07:02 PM
From what I understand the pink mustache is actually service where this people will drive you around the city.

ravenheart
10-04-2013, 01:55 AM
Images on Facebook that say "name something... I bet you can't", the thing to be named is so easy it shouldn't even be a question, and it's got tens of thousands of responses.

I don't know whether to hate the poster for trolling, or the people responding because they think they're clever by being able to answer a question they were told they wouldn't get, more.

BTBAM310
10-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Images on Facebook that say "name something... I bet you can't", the thing to be named is so easy it shouldn't even be a question, and it's got tens of thousands of responses.

I don't know whether to hate the poster for trolling, or the people responding because they think they're clever by being able to answer a question they were told they wouldn't get, more.

I saw one the other day that said "name a city that doesn't contain the letter A" :tp:

Very difficult for me since I live in one

ravenheart
10-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I saw one the other day that said "name a city that doesn't contain the letter A" :tp:

Very difficult for me since I live in one

I've had that one several times. It's a perfect example, because there are thousands. It's obvious trolling, yet there are tens of thousands of replies.

People are just retarded.

JRA
10-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Tarja Turunen's covers of songs. Goddamn. I'm not a huge Whitesnake fan but that cover of Still of the Night is ass. and its not even the mystic opera thing she does, some idiot thought it would be a good idea to replace that sweet 80s rock riff with detuned nu-metal bullshit.

ravenheart
10-05-2013, 02:37 AM
I've had that one several times. It's a perfect example, because there are thousands. It's obvious trolling, yet there are tens of thousands of replies.

People are just retarded.

Also, the ones who put up some kind of mindfuck image, and say "type a 1 in the comments box and see what happens". Again, tens of thousands of responses.

What did you think was going to happen? You get a long list of people type 1. That's it. How can the comments box be in any way linked to the image? Morons.

MetalIsArt
10-06-2013, 05:57 AM
Tarja Turunen's covers of songs. Goddamn. I'm not a huge Whitesnake fan but that cover of Still of the Night is ass. and its not even the mystic opera thing she does, some idiot thought it would be a good idea to replace that sweet 80s rock riff with detuned nu-metal bullshit.

Tarja is nice to look at, so she's forgiven ;)

illuminatus917
10-06-2013, 09:09 AM
The Walking Dead's keeping the casting of Abraham's character so close to the vest.

adamclark52
10-08-2013, 12:17 AM
I'm really hating the general contractor of the construction site I'm working on. Imagine someone who's never worked in construction trying to run a construction site. That's what I put up with...every day. Try to explain electrical (I'm an electrician) to someone who literally maybe doesn't even know how to screw in a light-bulb.

For you guys who've never worked in construction or the service industry: I can liken it to a band getting someone who's never picked up a guitar to play guitar for them. And not a band that plays three chord music. Imagine if Nevermore hired someone who's never picked up a guitar in his life to replace Jeff Loomis. That's the guy who's running this site.

I won't mention the name of the company because he does know what a lawyer is.

illuminatus917
10-08-2013, 07:37 AM
I haven't a clue what electrical work is like in the US, but in third world countries it's extraordinarily fun. And not very difficult. Go figure, that's probably because of the lack of code.

ravenheart
10-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Tarja is nice to look at, so she's forgiven ;)

Sure, if women who look like Kryten are what you find hot :finger:

MetalIsArt
10-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Sure, if women who look like Kryten are what you find hot :finger:

Actually I prefer French women.

Some latina's too. :finger2:;)

adamclark52
10-08-2013, 11:18 AM
I haven't a clue what electrical work is like in the US, but in third world countries it's extraordinarily fun. And not very difficult. Go figure, that's probably because of the lack of code.

It's not hard, even with the codes. Just try explaining it (or anything else for that matter) to someone who hasn't got a fucking clue.

John The Drummer
10-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Xbox Live...
I went to try and change my account settings to turn off automatic renewal... and it said it wouldn't chage until later on this month...... and I just automatically renewed today...

ravenheart
10-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Xbox Live...
I went to try and change my account settings to turn off automatic renewal... and it said it wouldn't chage until later on this month...... and I just automatically renewed today...

Huh? Whenever I've changed that setting it's been instant.

BloodoftheKings
10-08-2013, 06:17 PM

I just saw this irl for the first time today. God this is dumb.

adamclark52
10-08-2013, 11:31 PM
I actually saw the "headlight thing" for the first time today too and it was atrocious.

MetalIsArt
10-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Murica? :D

John The Drummer
10-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Touring :lol:

John The Drummer
10-13-2013, 02:15 PM
...Subway.

I got (what I am guessing is) food poisoning there for the second time after eating their chicken. Never eating there again, and if I do, i'm sticking with Black Forest Ham :bouville:

El Gordo
10-13-2013, 05:33 PM
My fucking allergies. Fuck off already. I don't even know what it is anymore. My right nostril is completely plugged. My eyes are all watery. I'm itchy. Thank god for alcohol.

SomewhereInTime72
10-13-2013, 07:50 PM
...Subway.

I got (what I am guessing is) food poisoning there for the second time after eating their chicken. Never eating there again, and if I do, i'm sticking with Black Forest Ham :bouville:

Damn dude. I've had nothing but good experiences with Subway. They're one of my best friends when it comes to fast food.

Ommie
10-13-2013, 08:38 PM
...Subway.

I think Subway is great and all (as far as fast food is concerned), but damn they have some of the the worst chicken ever. Never got why people had that, I usually just have turkey myself and have never had a problem with it.

adamclark52
10-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Subway is good but they have some pretty dirty restaurants in the GTA. The chicken is crap too.

ravenheart
10-14-2013, 01:38 AM
Beef is the answer to all woes.

DementedX14
10-14-2013, 05:15 PM
My fucking allergies. Fuck off already. I don't even know what it is anymore. My right nostril is completely plugged. My eyes are all watery. I'm itchy. Thank god for alcohol.

This!! My allergies haven't been this bad in years. :sick:

John The Drummer
10-14-2013, 05:21 PM
I vote for allergies as well! Not that being sick is bad enough, but my throat is sooooo congested and is hard to breath some times. If only I still drank, that always cleared me up hahaha :lol:

HackedUpForBBQ
10-20-2013, 09:40 PM
When I see people wearing that damn Aiden shirt with a blatant Killers Eddie on the front. It's the exact same image from the Killers album cover only Eddie's flesh is purple. Plus, "Aiden" is in Maiden font. Ugh, every time I see that it makes me so, so angry. Why the hell did they have to blaspheme Eddie like that? And why would you rip off such a well known image?

slapguitarer
10-20-2013, 10:04 PM
Aiden still fucking exists?

dcmetal108
10-20-2013, 11:56 PM
Aiden still fucking exists?

I think so but they don't tour or have released a new CD is like 3 or 4 years.

IrritatedTrout
10-21-2013, 07:57 AM
When I see people wearing that damn Aiden shirt with a blatant Killers Eddie on the front. It's the exact same image from the Killers album cover only Eddie's flesh is purple. Plus, "Aiden" is in Maiden font. Ugh, every time I see that it makes me so, so angry. Why the hell did they have to blaspheme Eddie like that? And why would you rip off such a well known image?

Got a link? I couldn't find it.

kalfitegrdan
10-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Got a link? I couldn't find it.

I assume he means this: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Hard-To-Find-Aiden-Iron-Maiden-Killers-T-shirt-Sz-Mens-Med-Jrs-XL-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/$(KGrHqRHJE8FD(Hf(C7)BQ81291New~~60_12.JPG

Dextrimental
10-21-2013, 11:12 AM
I assume he means this: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Hard-To-Find-Aiden-Iron-Maiden-Killers-T-shirt-Sz-Mens-Med-Jrs-XL-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/$(KGrHqRHJE8FD(Hf(C7)BQ81291New~~60_12.JPG

That reminds me of Five Finger Death Punch ripping off the Appetite for Destruction design and all the bands who do the Ramones circle logo. Just plain lazy t shirt designing.

IrritatedTrout
10-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Wow. :lol: Copyright infringement much?

John The Drummer
10-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Thats almost as bad as that Despised Icon (I think thats who it was) Black Metal shirt :bouville:

kalfitegrdan
10-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Thats almost as bad as that Despised Icon (I think thats who it was) Black Metal shirt :bouville:

Reminds me of the Reel Big Fish shirt that looked like a Darkthrone album cover. I wanted that so bad. :lol:

The one that annoyed me was the Kill 'em All ripoff shirt that Hatebreed had.

ravenheart
10-22-2013, 06:57 AM
Lifts (elevators to you) with no >< button.

rjturtle9
10-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Women that are very flirty and sexual but end up being incredibly boring in bed.

John The Drummer
10-22-2013, 12:40 PM
People that jump from lane to lane ... IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC.

I always get a nice giggle out when my lane ends up passing them, shoulda stayed, brah ;)

ravenheart
10-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Women that are very flirty and sexual but end up being incredibly boring in bed.

I think you'll find that's most of them ;)

Nick_to_the_face
10-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Reminds me of the Reel Big Fish shirt that looked like a Darkthrone album cover. I wanted that so bad. :lol:

The one that annoyed me was the Kill 'em All ripoff shirt that Hatebreed had.

I really wanna see that Reel Big Fish shirt you are talking about :lol:

HackedUpForBBQ
10-23-2013, 11:08 PM

Yeah that's it for sure. I've seen 3-4 different scenesters wearing that shirt over the past few years. I wonder if they even know who Iron Maiden is.....

ravenheart
10-24-2013, 01:48 AM
People on YouTube who genuinely think putting "I don't own this" in the description of something copyrighted that they post actually absolves them from blame.

IrritatedTrout
10-24-2013, 07:18 AM
^ This. :lol:

IrritatedTrout
10-24-2013, 07:19 AM
Although I guess I don't hate that, I just think it's really funny.

BlackDiamond
10-24-2013, 08:53 AM
The "stay calm" t-shirts

Maideneer
10-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Being awakened at 3:30am by the Emergency Broadcast System signal blasting through the TV speakers.

illuminatus917
10-24-2013, 09:43 AM
The "stay calm" t-shirts

I still don't understand what that fuss is about. Where did that come from, and what do those shirts mean anyway?

ravenheart
10-24-2013, 10:26 AM
I still don't understand what that fuss is about. Where did that come from, and what do those shirts mean anyway?

I've never really understood why everyone has all of a sudden latched on to a 75-year-old image either.

Do you mean where did the original come from?

kalfitegrdan
10-24-2013, 11:06 AM
The "stay calm" t-shirts

Yeah, this. I fucking hate these. Who started this shitty fad?

Eddie Trunk. I really can't stand him. It's gotten worse over the past couple months since we always watch VH1 Classic at my friend's house.

slapguitarer
10-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Yeah Eddie Trunk should go away

illuminatus917
10-24-2013, 11:50 AM
I've never really understood why everyone has all of a sudden latched on to a 75-year-old image either.

Do you mean where did the original come from?

Yeah, that's what I meant, and after about a second of research I can't believe I didn't know its origin.

It's ironic the "keep calm and carry on" posters were never circulated, because that's exactly what the Brits did in WWII.

So are the shirts supposed to take on the same meaning as the poster? Or is it just a trendy phrase ran amok?

300%_Density
10-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Seeing a band onstage that is shitty, you know is shitty and yet you see everybody else around you losing their mind for such a shitty band. Makes me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone and I think that I'm the only one hearing what is really going on stage.

Examples I can think of right off hand:

Odd combination and some might laugh. I went to a show in Springfield, MO about 10 years ago to see Andrew WK. Who come to find out didn't headline. The headliner for this show was fucking Hoobastank. I was not the driver so I had to sit through a goddamn set from Hoobastank before The Reason song blew up. I stood there hating life while I think I was feeling the floor moving.

Being at Rockfest in KC w/ 40k people going batshit crazy for Shinedown who I think I started hating even more than I did before, while I waited for STP to get on stage.

I'm sure I have more but those 2 always come to mind immediately.

ravenheart
10-24-2013, 12:29 PM
So are the shirts supposed to take on the same meaning as the poster? Or is it just a trendy phrase ran amok?

The latter.

John The Drummer
10-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Seeing a band onstage that is shitty, you know is shitty and yet you see everybody else around you losing their mind for such a shitty band. Makes me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone and I think that I'm the only one hearing what is really going on stage.

Examples I can think of right off hand:

Odd combination and some might laugh. I went to a show in Springfield, MO about 10 years ago to see Andrew WK. Who come to find out didn't headline. The headliner for this show was fucking Hoobastank. I was not the driver so I had to sit through a goddamn set from Hoobastank before The Reason song blew up. I stood there hating life while I think I was feeling the floor moving.

Being at Rockfest in KC w/ 40k people going batshit crazy for Shinedown who I think I started hating even more than I did before, while I waited for STP to get on stage.

I'm sure I have more but those 2 always come to mind immediately.

Thats how I feel about a lot of bands in general, not just at shows. Bands that people worship and go crazy for and get sooo stoked over the smallest annoucment.... yet they're terrible. I cant think of a band in particular ATM, but there a lot.

ravenheart
10-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Thats how I feel about a lot of bands in general, not just at shows. Bands that people worship and go crazy for and get sooo stoked over the smallest annoucment.... yet they're terrible. I cant think of a band in particular ATM, but there a lot.

Five Finger Death Punch.

illuminatus917
10-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Hatebreed.

ravenheart
10-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Hatebreed.

I have little problem with them. And people don't really get that excited over them in my experience.

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-24-2013, 02:47 PM
What I hate is that Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Part 2 is $24.99 on iTunes just because it has 5 bonus tracks.I would buy the tracks separately but the title track is album only, ughhhhh

ravenheart
10-24-2013, 02:49 PM
What I hate is that Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Part 2 is $24.99 on iTunes just because it has 5 bonus tracks.I would buy the tracks separately but the title track is album only, ughhhhh

So get the CD.

Of course what you should be hating is the fact that the CD is twice the price in the US that it is here.

illuminatus917
10-24-2013, 02:54 PM
I have little problem with them. And people don't really get that excited over them in my experience.

Pffft. Maybe not in Britannia.

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-24-2013, 02:54 PM
So get the CD.

Of course what you should be hating is the fact that the CD is twice the price in the US that it is here.

:mad:

I would get the CD but I'm getting an itunes card from my mom and I had already bought Dr. Stein, I Want Out, and Eage Fly Free so I thought I'd buy the rest, guess that will have to wait.

Onioner
10-24-2013, 03:05 PM
:mad:

I would get the CD but I'm getting an itunes card from my mom and I had already bought Dr. Stein, I Want Out, and Eage Fly Free so I thought I'd buy the rest, guess that will have to wait.

Amazon? I'm pretty sure I bought Keeper 2 for less than ten bucks from there a few years ago.

TheWildAndTheYoung
10-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Amazon? I'm pretty sure I bought Keeper 2 for less than ten bucks from there a few years ago.

you are right, the cheapest they got new is $8.64 (I always do my best to buy new), but like I said I am getting an iTunes card.I have decided I'm going to get Europe's self-titled and with the rest I'll buy as many individual tracks as I can.

kalfitegrdan
10-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Five Finger Death Punch.

Hatebreed.

Ugh. Both these. Both terrible bands that I've had the displeasure of sitting through while the bros and rednecks went nuts.

ravenheart
10-25-2013, 01:51 AM
Pffft. Maybe not in Britannia.

But anywhere at all? I mean, they're hardly playing big venues even Stateside.

Hellyeah get more fuss than Hatebreed.

illuminatus917
10-25-2013, 04:21 AM
But anywhere at all? I mean, they're hardly playing big venues even Stateside.

Their fanbase has shrunk in the past few years I believe. But the ones that are still there are rabid. Flexing jockstrap types biting at the bit to act like idiots.

ravenheart
10-25-2013, 05:49 AM
Their fanbase has shrunk in the past few years I believe. But the ones that are still there are rabid. Flexing jockstrap types biting at the bit to act like idiots.

Sounds irritating. And peculiar to the US too.

We don't really have the tough-guy metal fan thing in Europe.

DementedX14
10-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Sinus infections!!:flame:

John The Drummer
10-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Sinus infections!!:flame:

I hear ya there man. Once the weather changed my sinus' have been fucked :mad:

PVH5150
10-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Assholes who live above you in an apartment building and have no concept of their fucking lead feet while walking or their subwoofer set to a level that is really beginning to piss me the fuck off.

elturtleboy
10-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Fucking annoying ass freeloading cereal mixing mexicunts who just use people for money. And theyre annoying uncivilized animal of a family. Ive seen monkeys with more manners. Giving mexicans a bad name.

illuminatus917
10-26-2013, 05:33 AM
Fucking annoying ass freeloading cereal mixing mexicunts who just use people for money. And theyre annoying uncivilized animal of a family. Ive seen monkeys with more manners. Giving mexicans a bad name.

The hate is strong in this post.

ravenheart
10-26-2013, 05:37 AM
The hate is strong in this post.

It's some that happens everywhere too. Here it's not Mexicans, obviously, but there are a lot of Eastern Europeans who do the same.

adamclark52
10-26-2013, 08:07 PM
When your windshield wipers clean your windshield perfectly, except for a big streak right in the center of your field of vision.

dcmetal108
10-26-2013, 08:16 PM
I hate that people in the hardcore scene keep trying to push deathcore into it.

infinitydeth
10-26-2013, 08:25 PM
People that call me "emo" for wearing my Cannibal Corpse shirt

John The Drummer
11-02-2013, 12:15 PM
People that call me "emo" for wearing my Cannibal Corpse shirt

Stop being so emo, bro.

The bitch ass junkie who stole the jug of money from my store.
Now... I'd just shrug this off, whatever, just another junkie.... but this money we raise for Toys 4 Tots, and any extra we use to buy toys for sick children at the Childrens Hospital and food for the Food Bank. If karma is a real thing, this bitch has whats coming to her. :mad:

ravenheart
11-04-2013, 03:30 AM
Peope who leave gigs early.

Sure there could be one or two people who think the band suck and just go home, or who were only their for the support, or live somewhere with a bit of a shitty transport service and need to make the last train or something. I've done all of those things, albeit less than 10 times total.

But people who watch the entire show, then leave before/during the encore/last song. For a lot of gigs I do often make my way to the back (or wherever the exit is) so that I can make a quick getaway as soon as the final song is done, but last night I did that at Paradise Lost and easily 200-250 turned round and walked out as soon as they started playing the last song. And given that there were only about 1000 people there, that's a pretty significant proportion.

DementedX14
11-04-2013, 07:12 PM
I hate having flat feet! My orthotics need to be replaced and my knees are giving me a hard time. I probably won't be going to see periphery because of this.:grrr:

mankvill
11-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Peope who leave gigs early.

Sure there could be one or two people who think the band suck and just go home, or who were only their for the support, or live somewhere with a bit of a shitty transport service and need to make the last train or something. I've done all of those things, albeit less than 10 times total.

But people who watch the entire show, then leave before/during the encore/last song. For a lot of gigs I do often make my way to the back (or wherever the exit is) so that I can make a quick getaway as soon as the final song is done, but last night I did that at Paradise Lost and easily 200-250 turned round and walked out as soon as they started playing the last song. And given that there were only about 1000 people there, that's a pretty significant proportion.

I don't like to leave shows early, but I'm more okay with people doing that than intentionally showing up late to skip opening bands.

Dextrimental
11-05-2013, 04:37 AM
I don't like to leave shows early, but I'm more okay with people doing that than intentionally showing up late to skip opening bands.

This. Plus, specially with an encore, there's a high chance a lot of attendees have already seen the song the band are about to play so they just decide to get a heads up on the crowds.

ravenheart
11-05-2013, 06:13 AM

Agreed if they don't know the opener. If they know who they are and don't like them or don't care about them, I'm fine with this.

ravenheart
11-05-2013, 06:14 AM
This. Plus, specially with an encore, there's a high chance a lot of attendees have already seen the song the band are about to play so they just decide to get a heads up on the crowds.

Fair enough for a big band at a 15,000 capacity arena. But getting a head-start on 1000 people? Just go stand at the back.

Dextrimental
11-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Fair enough for a big band at a 15,000 capacity arena. But getting a head-start on 1000 people? Just go stand at the back.

Yeah, true enough. Cloak room and merch, then back in for one last clap does no harm.

PVH5150
11-05-2013, 04:20 PM
The fact that my local classic rock radio station has started playing grunge.

ravenheart
11-05-2013, 04:53 PM
The fact that my local classic rock radio station has started playing grunge.

Sounds like a win to me.

ravenheart
11-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Yeah, true enough. Cloak room and merch, then back in for one last clap does no harm.

Well that's another thing. People do themselves no favours by using pointless shit like cloakrooms ;)

PVH5150
11-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Sounds like a win to me.

Sounds like every other fucking rock radio station within earshot. I don't need or want to hear Smells Like Teen Spirit, Jeremy or Spoonman 8 times a day.

AAF, HJY, GIR & HEB are all the same. ZLX was my only refuge until I was driving one day a couple weeks ago and heard "WZLX...bringing you Boston's best classic rock....which now includes the 90s!" and almost proceeded to drive into a wall.

And the work truck only has an AM/FM radio with no auxiliary input, so I'm screwed.

ravenheart
11-06-2013, 01:34 AM
Sounds like every other fucking rock radio station within earshot. I don't need or want to hear Smells Like Teen Spirit, Jeremy or Spoonman 8 times a day.

But Livin' On A Prayer 8 times a day would be fine, right? ;)

PVH5150
11-06-2013, 02:55 PM
But Livin' On A Prayer 8 times a day would be fine, right? ;)

I'm not TheWildAndTheYoung.

When I turn on a classic rock station, I expect to hear classic rock. Bob Seger, Boston, Cream, Pink Floyd, etc. There's just no need for another radio station to play the exact things that 3 other radio stations within earshot constantly play.

John The Drummer
11-06-2013, 03:37 PM
I would LOVE to hear Livin On A Prayer 100 times a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BloodoftheKings
11-06-2013, 04:58 PM
The doge meme.

mankvill
11-06-2013, 05:25 PM
The doge meme.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfYZtY.gif

powerslave_85
11-06-2013, 05:36 PM
The doge meme.
wow so post

very hate

RampinUp46
11-06-2013, 08:09 PM
The doge meme.

such disappointment

Nick_to_the_face
11-09-2013, 11:27 PM
such disappointment

Except that works

Alduin
11-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Well that's another thing. People do themselves no favours by using pointless shit like cloakrooms ;)

Soooo, if the shows in the middle of winter and I have my winter jacket on, yet its hot as balls inside the venue, what should I do instead?

ravenheart
11-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Soooo, if the shows in the middle of winter and I have my winter jacket on, yet its hot as balls inside the venue, what should I do instead?

Be less of a pussy when outside? :lol: ;)

He says to the Canadian :lol:

Nick_to_the_face
11-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Drunk frat boys at hardcore shows

El Gordo
11-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Be less of a pussy when outside? :lol: ;)

He says to the Canadian :lol:

The Brit is actually kind of right... It's all about timing. If you don't want to stand in line, go late and miss the opener. Either that or wear your coat and stand at the back. I don't think I've ever checked my coat at a show... I either dress just warm enough not to die outside, or I stand at the back with my coat in one hand and a beer in the other.

ravenheart
11-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Indeed. The concept of paying someone to hang a coat up bemuses me entirely.

And I never queue either, if I can possibly help it. I just arrive for the first band I want to see, whether that's the first opener or not. Very rarely are they on so soon after doors that the queue hasn't gone by that point. The only place I do queue is Brixton Academy, because it is absolutely impossible to get a good spot to watch from if you don't.

Incidentally, what I notice most people do when faced with the cold outside, warm inside problem is wearing a thinner jacket, with a hoodie or similar underneath. Then once inside they remove the jumper, tie it round their waist, and put the jacket back on again. Seems to work for most people, although perhaps even that many layers may not be enough in a Canadian winter?

Of course, I suppose there's no escaping the heat in a gig no matter the weather if you're the kind of fan who insists on being in the crush down the front?

Alduin
11-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Its 3 bucks Im willing to spend. Its not so bad not having a jacket once Im at the venue, but its all the waiting around for buses and trains and cabs etc before I even get to the venue that gets me. Plus I can talk the person doing the coatcheck into holding on to my merch for me most of the time which comes in handy. My buddy has had all his merch stolen cause he had the genius idea of leaving it in a dark corner unattended :tp: Id really rather that not happen to me