PDA

View Full Version : Things you hate

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-16-2013, 06:55 PM
I hate any ad where they repeat the phone number and name of the product over and over and over as fast as they can and as many times as they can in thirty seconds.

This.

HackedUpForBBQ
08-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Those who consider Slipknot to be death metal

Bengals279
08-16-2013, 08:12 PM
I think I already mentioned this but people who associate metal and screamo or people who think they are the same thing. I also hate when Metal is associated with bands like "A Day To Remember".

SomewhereInTime72
08-16-2013, 08:18 PM
I don't think I would fault someone for not being knowledgeable about metal if it's not something they're into. :dragon:

Bengals279
08-16-2013, 08:21 PM
I don't think I would fault someone for not being knowledgeable about metal if it's not something they're into. :dragon:

I never "faulted" them. It is just something I hate and that annoys me lol

dcmetal108
08-16-2013, 08:57 PM

Who does that?

NickLed19
08-17-2013, 12:28 AM
I think I already mentioned this but people who associate metal and screamo or people who think they are the same thing. I also hate when Metal is associated with bands like "A Day To Remember".

Do not hate on ADTR.

ravenheart
08-17-2013, 02:15 AM

Those who consider all metal to be death metal.

kalfitegrdan
08-17-2013, 03:03 AM
Me too. I thought watching those twats play live would be funny and I was mistaken. Chris Fronzak is the biggest assclown in metal.

Oh my god, have you seen this (http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/06/28/that-time-attilas-chris-fronz-fronzak-was-on-mtvs-made/)? :lol: That dude is such a fucking tool.

MetalIsArt
08-17-2013, 03:36 AM

Those who consider all metal Meshuggah.

John The Drummer
08-17-2013, 06:56 AM
People that call CKY Death Metal :eyes:

MetalIsArt
08-17-2013, 06:58 AM

People that constantly whine about the following things:

1) COME TO DIS COUNTRY, if they see that a band plays South America e.g. but aren't coming to, say, Ecuador (it's not even the band that decides where to play)
2) Y U NO HAVE LONG HAIR

and, I'm probably alone here, but...

3) SATYRICON OLD SKOOL ONLIE U NO BLACK METHULFAN IF YOU LIEK TEH NEWER ZTUFF

adamclark52
08-17-2013, 07:50 AM
People that constantly whine about the following things:

1) COME TO DIS COUNTRY, if they see that a band plays South America e.g. but aren't coming to, say, Ecuador (it's not even the band that decides where to play)
2) Y U NO HAVE LONG HAIR

and, I'm probably alone here, but...

3) SATYRICON OLD SKOOL ONLIE U NO BLACK METHULFAN IF YOU LIEK TEH NEWER ZTUFF

I really don't like Satyricons older stuff, but Now Diabolical was awesome. I can't help but compare Nemisis Devina to another album in the same genre that came out around the same time (it was called Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk) and laugh that people hold it in the same regard.

Alduin
08-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Guitarist who think low tunings automatically makes riffs heavy

FACT: some of the heaviest riffs ever are in good old E standard

adamclark52
08-17-2013, 08:06 AM
People who use Facebook "likes" to gauge the popularity of a band. When I was on Facebook I saw ham sandwiches with sixty thousand "likes", so saying your band has three hundred thousand "likes" is really meaningless. Telling me your band actually sold albums, even digitally, or filled some clubs as a headliner tells me you're popular. Telling me you have a few hundred thousand "likes" tells me a few hundred thousand people stumbled on your account and just clicked "like" because it cost them nothing.

Maiden33
08-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Wow, just took the time to read through all of this, and then build a list of my own... This is definitely worthy of making a rare post here. ;)

-People who don't buy music in any form
-People who simply don't go to gigs
-People who only go to gigs for huge bands (Maiden, Sabbath, Priest, etc.) but can't be bothered to go to anything in a theater, club, etc. and support a band that might actually really need it.
-People that do something to create the illusion of "supporting" music just to get free handouts (websites, radio shows, photography, etc.) - not knocking those who are legit at it and actually do something productive.
-Smartphone addicts.
-Racists/Homophobes/Bigots/etc.
-People who insist on always being in the out-group politically.
-People who posts 90 graphics a day on Facebook about needing a "revolution" in America, but can't be bothered to do a damn thing other than incite a pointless online argument.
-Humidity.
-Albums with awful production.
-People who aren't bothered by awful production.
-Elitist audiophiles who will chastise something for not sounding absolutely flawless.
-Websites that change for the worst with absolutely no reason.
-People who think smoking pot makes you better than everyone else somehow.
-Poor grammar/spelling.
-That guy at every show who is obnoxiously drunk before the first band has gone on.
-Reverse Sexism towards women in metal bands. Weird one, I know, but from being in a female-fronted band I experience a lot of stupid favoritism toward bands simply because they have a female singer. The band can suck HARD but if there's a vagina, it gets a free pass.
-People who exclusively listen to indie Pop/Rock music and derivatives but want to look down on fans of other styles, despite the fact that the stuff they love has absolutely gone mainstream and is a huge trend now.
-Bass players who don't stay in the pocket or pick their spots well.
-Guitar elitists who have no ear for melody, phrasing, or feel and only care about speed, arpeggios, sweeping, and tapping.
-Promoters. Been in a band for 9 years, when I meet a good one, I'll let you know.
-Hipsters.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-17-2013, 09:39 AM
This.

Spiner202
08-17-2013, 09:46 AM
-People that do something to create the illusion of "supporting" music just to get free handouts (websites, radio shows, photography, etc.) - not knocking those who are legit at it and actually do something productive.
I'll admit that I'm somewhat guilty of this. When I joined the blog I review/interview for, it was partly to get some free music, but I still buy a ton of music. Generally, anything I get for free but really like, I end up buying, and I buy a ton of stuff that I don't get for free.

mankvill
08-17-2013, 10:47 AM

BUT THIS IS YOU

ravenheart
08-17-2013, 12:00 PM
BUT THIS IS YOU

No, I consider all death metal to be crap, that's different ;)

John The Drummer
08-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Seattle Hempfest

10:00am on a Saturday and the freeway was a parking lot :bouville:

XDoomsayerX
08-17-2013, 01:29 PM
-People who think smoking pot makes you better than everyone else somehow.

People who drink and enjoy getting intoxicated via alcohol but frown upon pot users or getting high in gen.

Not a pot user or alcohol drinker anymore but still just kinda silly, like getting intoxicated is getting intoxicated to me.

TonyD
08-17-2013, 02:34 PM
BUT THIS IS YOU
:lol:

I've literally never heard anyone say that, or seen it online.

HackedUpForBBQ
08-17-2013, 06:47 PM
Who does that?

I was reading a Hit Parader years ago and they listed Slipknot as one of the top 10 best death metal bands. Yikes

adamclark52
08-17-2013, 07:39 PM
-Reverse Sexism towards women in metal bands. Weird one, I know, but from being in a female-fronted band I experience a lot of stupid favoritism toward bands simply because they have a female singer. The band can suck HARD but if there's a vagina, it gets a free pass.

So, you feel the same way about Huntress as I do.

BRAman22
08-17-2013, 09:46 PM
This one fucker named Ryan.

MetalIsArt
08-18-2013, 12:14 AM

Strange fellow.

;)

MetalIsArt
08-18-2013, 12:41 AM
I must say that I hate people who only listen to a few (or one) genres of metal too.

My goal was to own something from every subgenre, digital or on CD. I'm almost there...

hellawaits77ny
08-18-2013, 03:38 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WzrDBWcU85s/SjcfEXq3rVI/AAAAAAAACH0/nK86Wm2JttA/s400/full%2Bmetal%2Bjacket.jpg

CHOKE YOURSELF!!!!!

kalfitegrdan
08-18-2013, 04:10 AM
I was reading a Hit Parader years ago and they listed Slipknot as one of the top 10 best death metal bands. Yikes

That magazine was a fucking joke. I've never seen a band worshipped as much as Slipknot was by that magazine.

hellawaits77ny
08-18-2013, 04:29 AM
That magazine was a fucking joke. I've never seen a band worshipped as much as Slipknot was by that magazine.

Good call. Although I am a Slipknot fan, that is a fucking joke.

Hit Parader wouldn't know metal if it ass-raped them in a back alley.

Sepultura69
08-18-2013, 05:39 AM
This one fucker named Ryan.

Ommie
08-18-2013, 09:20 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WzrDBWcU85s/SjcfEXq3rVI/AAAAAAAACH0/nK86Wm2JttA/s400/full%2Bmetal%2Bjacket.jpg

CHOKE YOURSELF!!!!!
:lol: There's one thing I don't hate: quoting Full Metal Jacket!

YOU CLIMB LIKE OLD PEOPLE FUCK, YOU KNOW THAT PVT PYLE?

El Gordo
08-18-2013, 09:37 AM
I must say that I hate people who only listen to a few (or one) genres of metal too.

My goal was to own something from every subgenre, digital or on CD. I'm almost there...

That's a dumb thing to hate. I really only listen to thrash, heavy and doom/stoner. I have very few death or black metal albums. Why? Oh shit, because I don't like death and black metal! Fuck, I should own some albums of music I don't like and will never listen to! :tp:

MetalIsArt
08-18-2013, 09:48 AM
That's a dumb thing to hate. I really only listen to thrash, heavy and doom/stoner. I have very few death or black metal albums. Why? Oh shit, because I don't like death and black metal! Fuck, I should own some albums of music I don't like and will never listen to! :tp:

Dude you really need to chill. You don't understand sarcasm and can't accept other people's opinions, like in the Dave Lombardo-discussion we had a few months ago.

And...by saying this, you actually prove my point, so I thank you.

El Gordo
08-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Dude you really need to chill. You don't understand sarcasm and can't accept other people's opinions, like in the Dave Lombardo-discussion we had a few months ago.

And...by saying this, you actually prove my point, so I thank you.

I think you're the one who doesn't understand sarcasm, dude. And I have no idea what you're talking about re: Dave Lombardo... apparently whatever I said really stuck with you.

MetalIsArt
08-18-2013, 11:47 PM
I think you're the one who doesn't understand sarcasm, dude. And I have no idea what you're talking about re: Dave Lombardo... apparently whatever I said really stuck with you.

:tp::D

ravenheart
08-19-2013, 01:01 AM
CHOKE YOURSELF!!!!!

:tp: Ironic post is ironic.

MetalIsArt
08-19-2013, 01:24 AM
:tp: Ironic post is ironic.

:D

ravenheart
08-19-2013, 01:51 AM
:D

Really thought everyone was accustomed to my manks-baiting by now ;)

MetalIsArt
08-19-2013, 05:59 AM
Really thought everyone was accustomed to my manks-baiting by now ;)

It's still tuff to get used to, yeah. ;)

MetalIsArt
08-19-2013, 10:45 AM
I really don't like Satyricons older stuff, but Now Diabolical was awesome. I can't help but compare Nemisis Devina to another album in the same genre that came out around the same time (it was called Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk) and laugh that people hold it in the same regard.

I really like Age Of Nero, and Rebel Extravaganza is fucking :rocker::rocker::rocker:

mankvill
08-19-2013, 11:51 AM
PVH5150's taste in music

adamclark52
08-19-2013, 12:03 PM
I really like Age Of Nero, and Rebel Extravaganza is fucking :rocker::rocker::rocker:

I only heard Age of Nero once, I really need to check it out again. And Rebel Extraviganza I've never seen in stores but want to hear. It's online but there's always just been something else I wanted to hear more.

Honestly, Nemisis Devina is probably the worst of the four albums I've heard by them.

anomynous
08-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Getting 1/4 of the touring band's set cut because the promoter wanted four locals on the show instead of three.

Definitely not referring to Havok last night at all.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-19-2013, 12:29 PM
PVH5150's taste in music

You forgot my taste in music :D

PVH5150
08-19-2013, 01:59 PM
PVH5150's taste in music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oh2FKENMoM

RampinUp46
08-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Aside from the already covered racist/homophobic/bigoted types:

Most TV shows.
Native English speakers that have no idea how to conjugate sentences or have terrible grammar (I'm into languages, so this is a bigger bitching point for me than the typical "there/they're/their" confusion).
Terrible drivers, especially those that endanger other drivers with their shitty driving skills.
People who can't take "no" for an answer.
Spoiled little shitheads.
At my high school, people who toss around the word 'grummit' without knowing what it means like it's something cool to say; it literally refers to someone who doesn't bathe, has greasy hair, and is vaguely gothic/punk in appearance and is usually used as a derogatory term to define anyone outside the mainstream cliques by people in the mainstream cliques (preps, suburban gangstas, and jocks, mostly) at the school, so goths, metalheads, nerds, and other types that are hard to categorize get lumped in, but the former is who it's usually targeted at.
Religious types that force their beliefs on others.
Fast food, although I'm willing to overlook this one if I'm broke as shit and hungry.
People who think they're badass for smoking weed and drinking beer. I have no issue with either at all, but when you start bragging about how you have "bong rips for breakfast" (that was an actual quote I shit you not), then it gets annoying.
Hipsters and yuppies.
Austin, TX since 2008 (directly related to the hipster/yuppie thing).
People who pretend they know what they're talking about, especially if you call them out and they get aggressive or call you a moron.

And from my experiences with music in a creative/live setting:

Dean and Ibanez guitars (in my opinion, they're cheaply made, overrated, plus the necks are too thin for me to play comfortably).
EMG pickups.
Flakes.
Lazy people.
People who insist on getting wasted instead of jamming/jam afterwards and therefore sound like shit.
People who say their bands are making progress, yet haven't written any songs nor are taking steps to make songs.
People who don't promote their band and wonder why no one wants to book them.
That one asshole at the show that intentionally slings beer in the pit - or people who bring beer in high movement areas at shows, period.
Guys that put their arms around their girlfriends the whole night and shove away anyone that comes within arms reach of them.
Pit ninjas.
Security guards who take their job way too seriously.

...I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Maiden33
08-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Aside from the already covered racist/homophobic/bigoted types:

Most TV shows.
Native English speakers that have no idea how to conjugate sentences or have terrible grammar (I'm into languages, so this is a bigger bitching point for me than the typical "there/they're/their" confusion).
Terrible drivers, especially those that endanger other drivers with their shitty driving skills.
People who can't take "no" for an answer.
Spoiled little shitheads.
At my high school, people who toss around the word 'grummit' without knowing what it means like it's something cool to say; it literally refers to someone who doesn't bathe, has greasy hair, and is vaguely gothic/punk in appearance and is usually used as a derogatory term to define anyone outside the mainstream cliques by people in the mainstream cliques (preps, suburban gangstas, and jocks, mostly) at the school, so goths, metalheads, nerds, and other types that are hard to categorize get lumped in, but the former is who it's usually targeted at.
Religious types that force their beliefs on others.
Fast food, although I'm willing to overlook this one if I'm broke as shit and hungry.
People who think they're badass for smoking weed and drinking beer. I have no issue with either at all, but when you start bragging about how you have "bong rips for breakfast" (that was an actual quote I shit you not), then it gets annoying.
Hipsters and yuppies.
Austin, TX since 2008 (directly related to the hipster/yuppie thing).
People who pretend they know what they're talking about, especially if you call them out and they get aggressive or call you a moron.

And from my experiences with music in a creative/live setting:

Dean and Ibanez guitars (in my opinion, they're cheaply made, overrated, plus the necks are too thin for me to play comfortably).
EMG pickups.
Flakes.
Lazy people.
People who insist on getting wasted instead of jamming/jam afterwards and therefore sound like shit.
People who say their bands are making progress, yet haven't written any songs nor are taking steps to make songs.
People who don't promote their band and wonder why no one wants to book them.
That one asshole at the show that intentionally slings beer in the pit - or people who bring beer in high movement areas at shows, period.
Guys that put their arms around their girlfriends the whole night and shove away anyone that comes within arms reach of them.
Pit ninjas.
Security guards who take their job way too seriously.

...I can't think of anything else at the moment.

I have a feeling you and I would be very good friends. ;)

John The Drummer
08-19-2013, 07:01 PM

OOMMMMMMG THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS TIME INFINITY!!!

mankvill
08-19-2013, 07:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oh2FKENMoM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL0NpQD8zr8

kalfitegrdan
08-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Any time a band refers to their live performances as "rituals" or "seances" or any other dumb shit like that.

ravenheart
08-20-2013, 01:17 AM
People with luggage on wheels that they could clearly carry.

MetalIsArt
08-20-2013, 02:12 AM
I only heard Age of Nero once, I really need to check it out again. And Rebel Extraviganza I've never seen in stores but want to hear. It's online but there's always just been something else I wanted to hear more.

Honestly, Nemisis Devina is probably the worst of the four albums I've heard by them.

Yeah, apart from Mother North, that album is a unlistenable mess for me.

Sepultura69
08-20-2013, 07:19 AM
Tool fans.

MetalIsArt
08-20-2013, 07:26 AM
Tool fans.

Y?

New Sepultura fans.
Kisser and his arrogance of not wanting to reunite

adamclark52
08-20-2013, 07:36 AM
Tool fans.

I have to agree with him. Most, MOST, are a bunch of tag-alongs who are only familiar with the Pot, Schism, Stinkfist and maybe Sober. All the radio songs. I've gotten crap for saying that on this forum before but I'm just calling it like I see it.

Sepultura69
08-20-2013, 07:45 AM
I have to agree with him. Most, MOST, are a bunch of tag-alongs.

There was a part of me that wanted to also add "Not all of them, but most of them" on my post, but i decided to just leave it as that. Glad someone else here agrees with me. Shit, i'm sure a lot of fans would agree with me. Tool is an incredible band, no doubt about that(I saw them in September 2006 on the "10,000 Days" tour and they were simply AMAZING), but unfortunately they are pretty notorious for their dip shit "know it all" fans. :hmm:

dcmetal108
08-20-2013, 08:46 AM
My horrible allergies.

MetalIsArt
08-20-2013, 10:15 AM
I have to agree with him. Most, MOST, are a bunch of tag-alongs who are only familiar with the Pot, Schism, Stinkfist and maybe Sober. All the radio songs. I've gotten crap for saying that on this forum before but I'm just calling it like I see it.

Let me tell you a controversial secret: I've never listened to Tool.

dcmetal108
08-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Let me tell you a controversial secret: I've never listened to Tool.

IMO, you aren't missing anything.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-20-2013, 11:10 AM

You definitely hate me then :D

ravenheart
08-20-2013, 02:31 PM
You definitely hate me then :D

There's no excuse for being a lazy fucker.

ravenheart
08-20-2013, 02:31 PM

This.

Ommie
08-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Heh, I remember listening to Lateralus a few years ago and not getting it at all. They sound like an alternative metal band that makes their songs way too long.

John The Drummer
08-20-2013, 03:35 PM
That homeless guy who has been standing at the freeway on-ramp in his nice suit holding a gas can saying he needs money for gas for the last 3 months.

You're not fooling anyone, homeboy.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-20-2013, 03:58 PM
There's no excuse for being a lazy fucker.

Considering 90% of the time I don't even have access to wheels on my luggage, I'll use it when I can, especially when there is lots of luggage to carry.

El Gordo
08-20-2013, 04:12 PM
My horrible allergies.

Dude, I'm there with you. I've started allergy shots. I sure as shit hope they start doing something.

powerslave_85
08-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Eh. If I'm going to be lugging it around from one end of the airport to the other (or through multiple airports), I'm going to use the wheels if it has them.

El Gordo
08-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Eh. If I'm going to be lugging it around from one end of the airport to the other (or through multiple airports), I'm going to use the wheels if it has them.

Pretty much this. It's like having a choice between a pull-start lawn mower or an electric start. It doesn't make you a lazy fucker.

marker
08-20-2013, 05:05 PM
That homeless guy who has been standing at the freeway on-ramp in his nice suit holding a gas can saying he needs money for gas for the last 3 months.

You're not fooling anyone, homeboy.

Those assholes make alot of money believe it not. I hate the stupid fuckers who give them money, because if they didn't those dicks wouldn't be standing there anymore.

dcmetal108
08-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Those assholes make alot of money believe it not. I hate the stupid fuckers who give them money, because if they didn't those dicks wouldn't be standing there anymore.

A lot of the homeless people and "performers" that are on the street make a good amount. It's actually run like a gang kinda too, you'll see their leader "pimp" come around and collect.

ravenheart
08-21-2013, 12:56 AM
Pretty much this. It's like having a choice between a pull-start lawn mower or an electric start. It doesn't make you a lazy fucker.

It does when it's the size of a laptop case.

MetalIsArt
08-21-2013, 12:58 AM
People with allergies: I'm with you. I'm allergic to pollen, dust mite & animals (especially cats), and it's a pain in the ass, because I love animals.

I have good hopes it will disappear before I'm 40, and luckily it's not as bad as when I was about 12, but two weeks ago I was walking towards some horses, cuddled them a bit, and after 10 minutes (I was already inside), my eyes started to hurt... It was gone after I washed them, but still...

El Gordo
08-21-2013, 02:09 AM
It does when it's the size of a laptop case.

Well OK. In that case, you're a lazy fucker. :lol:

ravenheart
08-21-2013, 02:48 AM
Well OK. In that case, you're a lazy fucker. :lol:

I see that a LOT in London.

Personally though, if you can't fit inside it, you should be carrying it ;)

ravenheart
08-21-2013, 02:48 AM
New one: Phone jockeys.

MetalIsArt
08-21-2013, 06:57 AM
New one: Phone jockeys.

Lol, explain! :D

ravenheart
08-21-2013, 07:57 AM
Lol, explain! :D

You know, people who's job it is to be on the phone all day.

They're annoying as a consumer (seriously, fuck cold calling centres), and they're annoying when your company has a team of them too!

And I include in that people who's job is not specifically to be on the phone all day, but they seems to constantly be on it anyway.

ravenheart
08-22-2013, 05:03 AM
People who buy and use clothing and/or bags from the gym they attend. As if they weren't enough of a poser already!

Tapout clothing.

ravenheart
08-22-2013, 05:34 AM
People who disregard acoustic performances because it's not "metal".

kalfitegrdan
08-22-2013, 06:13 AM
Tapout clothing.

Definitely this.

Also any shirt that says "Property of x" whether the "x" be a sports team or a college or whatever.

PVH5150
08-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Tapout clothing.

That, Affliction & Ed Hardy.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Definitely this.

Also any shirt that says "Property of x" whether the "x" be a sports team or a college or whatever.

I am guilty of that somewhat, I have a shirt that says "Property Of Aerosmith" on the back of it :D

ravenheart
08-23-2013, 04:39 AM
Sites which have an "Around the web" links section at the bottom of every page, which ALWAYS have at least one "top 10" or one "when you notice it you'll freak out" image.

dcmetal108
08-23-2013, 06:25 AM
I hate how big of a piece of shit the Hulu app is on xbox, and online for that matter.

ravenheart
08-23-2013, 06:46 AM
I hate how big of a piece of shit the Hulu app is on xbox, and online for that matter.

Don't think we've got that.

But I do hate how the Xbox dashboard moves shit around whenever it feels like it. Sometimes my Sky app is right there, sometimes I've got to go digging for it even though it's almost always the last app I used.

Dextrimental
08-23-2013, 08:51 AM

And UFC.

Maideneer
08-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Ridiculous sayings like

40 is the new 30

energymetal14
08-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Definitely this.

And UFC.

:lol: ALL of this.

MetalIsArt
08-24-2013, 03:59 AM
People who disregard acoustic performances because it's not "metal".

I'd give a lot for a Metallica Unplugged.

ravenheart
08-24-2013, 11:22 AM
I'd give a lot for a Metallica Unplugged.

Definitely. Acoustic shows are great. In several cases I prefer them to the respective artist's electric shows. Blaze Bayley, for instance.

RampinUp46
08-25-2013, 12:15 AM
Music festivals that have vendors providing free energy drinks and charging $3 - $5 for a Dixie cup of lukewarm water when the people inevitably get dehydrated and feel like shit after drinking them.

ravenheart
08-25-2013, 03:14 AM
Music festivals that have vendors providing free energy drinks and charging $3 - $5 for a Dixie cup of lukewarm water when the people inevitably get dehydrated and feel like shit after drinking them.

Never experienced that... water is usually provided free from taps by the organisers in Europe...

I do hate festivals which claim to provide a wide variety of food options, and have like 100 vendors, but they're all serving the same 8/$12 burger, piss-weak curry, weird mainland-European excuse for "tex mex", and slices of barely-topped pizza.

powerslave_85
08-25-2013, 05:59 AM
People who ride their bikes on the sidewalk and almost run over people (me) who are walking or jogging.

adamclark52
08-25-2013, 06:56 AM
People who ride their bikes on the sidewalk and almost run over people (me) who are walking or jogging.

Oh yeah, people on bikes in general. They expect to have the rights of cars and pedestrians but accept the responsibilities of neither. Driving in the middle of roads, turning in front of traffic, never stopping for lights. I had some moron hit me when I was crossing the road a few months ago then yell at me for getting in his way. And I had the right away.

MetalIsArt
08-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Never experienced that... water is usually provided free from taps by the organisers in Europe...

I do hate festivals which claim to provide a wide variety of food options, and have like 100 vendors, but they're all serving the same 8/$12 burger, piss-weak curry, weird mainland-European excuse for "tex mex", and slices of barely-topped pizza.

This x 1000

I do like Sbarro pizza, tho. :drool:

kalfitegrdan
08-26-2013, 06:21 AM
Oh yeah, people on bikes in general. They expect to have the rights of cars and pedestrians but accept the responsibilities of neither. Driving in the middle of roads, turning in front of traffic, never stopping for lights.

Yeah, this. They're horrible in Chicago. It's always the entitled hipster douches on 'em too.

adamclark52
08-26-2013, 06:25 AM
Yeah, this. They're horrible in Chicago. It's always the entitled hipster douches on 'em too.

Entitled hipster douches. That's another one for the Hatefiles.

And Beyonce. I can't stand that bitch.

dcmetal108
08-26-2013, 06:29 AM
New Miley Cyrus.

adamclark52
08-26-2013, 06:36 AM
If I was to list all the celebrities I hate this thread would be five hundred page long. So I'll list the ones I DON'T hate. Elijah Wood. Bill Murrey. John Candy. Anyone from Star Wars (except Ashley Eckstein). Anyone from The Lord of the Rings movies, Huge Jackman, anyone from Star Trek, Star Trek: THG and the new Star Trek, Chris Jericho...

Ok so the don't hate list would be a long one too. But it's shorter than the hate list.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-26-2013, 09:48 AM
New Miley Cyrus.

This times 100

rjturtle9
08-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Not getting a decent nights sleep before work the next day.

ravenheart
08-26-2013, 11:21 AM
New Miley Cyrus.

Because old Miley Cyrus was good? :eyes:

John The Drummer
08-26-2013, 12:22 PM
All of these bicycle lanes our Mayor is putting on the roads :bouville:

Ommie
08-26-2013, 12:49 PM
You should move here. There's next to no bicycle lanes. Only trails. :lol:

PVH5150
08-26-2013, 12:59 PM

Join the club. Somerville (aka Yuppieville, aka Sanctuaryville) has had them for at lest 5 years now.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-26-2013, 01:14 PM

Old Miley Cyrus was at least tolerable, but now she is just flat out bad.

PVH5150
08-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Old Miley Cyrus was at least tolerable

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

ravenheart
08-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Old Miley Cyrus was at least tolerable

Maybe compared to early Poison...

marker
08-26-2013, 05:10 PM

That's what I was going to ask, but wasn't sure if they were talking about her look, her music, or whatever the fuck.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Maybe compared to early Poison...

Naw, Poison's worst song is ten times better than Miley's best song.

powerslave_85
08-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Naw, Poison's worst song is ten times better than Miley's best song.
Can I take the "none of the above" option?

MetalIsArt
08-27-2013, 12:29 AM
Iron Maiden fanatics.

Marion Cotillard because she's married.

energymetal14
08-27-2013, 12:35 AM
Iron Maiden fanatics.

I predict some people getting really mad at this.

ravenheart
08-27-2013, 01:29 AM

Most people do.

ravenheart
08-27-2013, 01:30 AM
Iron Maiden fanatics.

Any band fanatics. Obsession to the exclusion of other things is just plain dumb.

MetalIsArt
08-27-2013, 02:04 AM
Any band fanatics. Obsession to the exclusion of other things is just plain dumb.

Oh, I do agree. But you get the point.

MetalIsArt
08-27-2013, 02:06 AM
I predict some people getting really mad at this.

I like Maiden, but their fans are sometimes too much "DE BEST & ONLIE BAND EVAH".

Bashing other bands because of bad or lesser good albums, but not seeing or hearing Blaze, for instance.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-27-2013, 03:36 AM

Last I checked I wasn't asking who's better, I was stating who is.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-27-2013, 03:39 AM
Most people do.

Really? Because last year when they opened for Def Leppard I was hearing about 18,000 people singing along to Nothin' But A Good Time.

dcmetal108
08-27-2013, 04:34 AM
Really? Because last year when they opened for Def Leppard I was hearing about 18,000 people singing along to Nothin' But A Good Time.

Nothin' But A Good Time is a huge song though, I've known people who know the chorus to the song and never even heard of Poison.

ravenheart
08-27-2013, 04:56 AM
Last I checked I wasn't asking who's better, I was stating who is.

And doing so opens you up to (frequently) being wrong. Asking wouldn't have done that.

ravenheart
08-27-2013, 04:57 AM
Nothin' But A Good Time is a huge song though, I've known people who know the chorus to the song and never even heard of Poison.

Not so much that song here, but that's hugely true of a lot of bands with big hits. I know plenty of people who could sing along to Sweet Home Alabama and have no idea who Lynyrd Skynyrd are. Or who don't know a single song by Aerosmith apart from I Don't Want to Miss A Thing and the chorus to Walk This Way. Same goes for Guns N' Roses, Motorhead, and occasionally Metallica and Iron Maiden.

Something else for my hate list...

ravenheart
08-27-2013, 05:04 AM
Also, don't know how wide-spread these are, but people who use self-service checkouts in shops, and don't put the items in a bag as they go. So having transfer everything from one side, across the barcode scanner, to the other, they've then got to transfer them all again from there to a bag while the rest of us are waiting.

ravenheart
08-27-2013, 06:17 AM
Book publishers constantly re-publishing back catalogues by their best-selling authors with different covers.

MetalIsArt
08-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Def Leppard always sounded...corny too me.

If I have to pick one glamband, well, let it be teh Cre.

ravenheart
08-27-2013, 09:07 AM

:agree:

marker
08-27-2013, 09:49 AM

If I have to pick one glamband, well, let it be teh Cre.

Leppard has a drummer with one arm, and they still blow Crue away live.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Leppard has a drummer with one arm, and they still blow Crue away live.

I second this, I love Crue's live show, but Def Leppard's show blows it out of the water, definitely one of the best concerts I've ever seen and probably will see.

And MetalIsArt, Def Leppard is not a glam band.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-27-2013, 11:13 AM

So your implying that the whole crowd of 18,000 knew Def Leppard and not Poison? That is highly unlikely considering 80% of the crowd were people who were alive during both bands height of success.

Dextrimental
08-27-2013, 11:19 AM
So your implying that the whole crowd of 18,000 knew Def Leppard and not Poison? That is highly unlikely considering 80% of the crowd were people who were alive during both bands height of success.

No, he's implying that people know the song without being able to name who sings it. Like Sweet Home Alabama, everyone and their mother knows that song, but not everyone would be able to name Lynyrd Skynyrd as the band who wrote it.

On that note, people who say they like rock/metal and only listen to one of the dozen or so HUGE bands in it and then only know a greatest hits CD worth of other bands, if even. I don't mind talking about the heavy hitters, but if the only metal/rock band you actually listen to is Metallica or Iron Maiden, you don't like rock/metal, you like that one band.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-27-2013, 12:08 PM
On that note, people who say they like rock/metal and only listen to one of the dozen or so HUGE bands in it and then only know a greatest hits CD worth of other bands, if even. I don't mind talking about the heavy hitters, but if the only metal/rock band you actually listen to is Metallica or Iron Maiden, you don't like rock/metal, you like that one band.

Agreed here, though most people who only like Metallica or Iron Maiden don't realize that there are a lot of other metal bands out there that sound like both, so they COULD like more metal bands, they just don't bother looking into anybody else.

energymetal14
08-27-2013, 02:14 PM
I like Maiden, but their fans are sometimes too much "DE BEST & ONLIE BAND EVAH".

Bashing other bands because of bad or lesser good albums, but not seeing or hearing Blaze, for instance.

I totally agree with you, some people ONLY care about Maiden. Its just ridiculous. As much as I like them, i love other bands, and they are far from my favorite band.

ravenheart
08-27-2013, 02:28 PM
And MetalIsArt, Def Leppard is not a glam band.

They may not look like one, but their music has always fitted that movement.

The problem with them really is that they aren't a good band.

PVH5150
08-27-2013, 02:28 PM
While we're on the subject of bands with derpariffic fanbases, Pantera's & Slayer's are the absolute worst. Dream Theater's at a distant 3rd.

ravenheart
08-27-2013, 02:31 PM
While we're on the subject of bands with derpariffic fanbases, Pantera's & Slayer's are the absolute worst. Dream Theater's at a distant 3rd.

Pantera's fanbase is really an American thing. Everywhere else, they're just regular metal fans.

I find it pretty hard to pick any specific band's fanbases out though, because the obsessives over every band are 'tards. Could be anyone from Avenged Sevenfold to Maiden to Sabbath to Slayer.

ravenheart
08-27-2013, 02:32 PM

And it's because of this that in not-very-many years' time, metal festivals will start dying out. Or at least start shrinking from the Wacken and Download sized ones.

Dextrimental
08-27-2013, 03:29 PM
And it's because of this that in not-very-many years' time, metal festivals will start dying out. Or at least start shrinking from the Wacken and Download sized ones.

Download will sustain itself as the June equivalent of Reading and Leeds. Wacken will always attract the diehards. Festivals like Graspop and Hellfest will start to die out when the dinosaurs that headline every year stop being able to headline it. Festivals the size of Bloodstock are the safest and any festival that doesn't revert to that size in the next decade won't sustain itself.

Dextrimental
08-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Pantera's fanbase is really an American thing. Everywhere else, they're just regular metal fans.

I find it pretty hard to pick any specific band's fanbases out though, because the obsessives over every band are 'tards. Could be anyone from Avenged Sevenfold to Maiden to Sabbath to Slayer.

Metallica are that band over here, I've found. They are the one metal band that have the biggest amount of die hard fans that don't have a clue about any other bands and who think that Metallica are literally the pinnacle of what metal can possibly ever be.

Every other band just has the same levels of obnoxious elitism you find anywhere else, really. And the same levels of obnoxious alcoholism too.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-27-2013, 03:56 PM
They may not look like one, but their music has always fitted that movement.

The problem with them really is that they aren't a good band.

:eek: :mad: :bouville: :hmm: :flame: :nonono: :chair:

Ommie
08-27-2013, 06:26 PM
I hate this cough I've been having lately. I love Ricola though. :lovedup:

Also, people who play with lanyards are damn annoying.

kalfitegrdan
08-27-2013, 10:30 PM

Holy shit, definitely this.

Also, when said fanatics can't be objective about the band's discography and blindly love everything.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 12:47 AM

I'm much more interested in what Portnoy is up to these days, especially Winery Dogs & Flying Colors.

(Shit, Kotzen is great)

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 12:49 AM
Metallica are that band over here, I've found. They are the one metal band that have the biggest amount of die hard fans that don't have a clue about any other bands and who think that Metallica are literally the pinnacle of what metal can possibly ever be.

Every other band just has the same levels of obnoxious elitism you find anywhere else, really. And the same levels of obnoxious alcoholism too.

I'm sorry, but you're totally, TOTALLY wrong about Metallica. First, if you're not a basher of all (or most) of their later stuff, you're not seen as troo. So you'll probably won't like my new thread about underrated albums (imho).

Secondly, look at me. I'm a Metallica fan, yes, but if you would take the time to read my posts, you'd find that I like almost every other metalgenre.

Let's just say from AC/DC to Morbid Angel.

ravenheart
08-28-2013, 01:53 AM
I'm sorry, but you're totally, TOTALLY wrong about Metallica. First, if you're not a basher of all (or most) of their later stuff, you're not seen as troo. So you'll probably won't like my new thread about underrated albums (imho).

No, he's right. Metallica's die-hards are annoying and clueless. I find AC/DC's to be similar. Although with them it's more than their fans seem to be the type who don't actually listen to rock music, or most of the AC/DC catalogue.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 01:58 AM
No, he's right. Metallica's die-hards are annoying and clueless. I find AC/DC's to be similar. Although with them it's more than their fans seem to be the type who don't actually listen to rock music, or most of the AC/DC catalogue.

He's not right when talking about "here". Mastodon fanboys, now there's something annoying & clueless.

And I equally get annoyed by people who only listen to Bon Scott's AC/DC, but that's quite controversial. ;)

ravenheart
08-28-2013, 02:03 AM
On the obsessive fans angle, does anyone else have it with players on sports teams?

Not individual sports stars, like tennis or athletics or whatever, but individual players in team sports.

I've never really come across it before, but being a Fulham FC fan, we've probably got the most multi-national squad of players we've ever had, and on the FFC Facebook page, literally every post by the club is flooded with comments (as you'd expect), easily 90% of which are from people of a particular nationality, talking about the one player we've got who is from their country, either saying "<our player> is the best!", "why is <our player> not playing?" if he's been left out of the team for a game, or "Yay! <Our player> is playing!". Or a combination thereof. Rarely anything more intellectual than that, perhaps occasionally suggesting that the team would be nothing without him or something.

So every post will have Bulgarians (for Dimitar Berbatov), Iranians (Ashkan Dejagah), Venezuelans (Fernando Amorebieta), Greeks (Giorgos Karagounis), and Costa Ricans (Bryan Ruiz) all doing the same thing.

None of them appear to know anything about Fulham, the game, or in fact the player in question (as evidenced by the Venezuelans who keep asking why Amorebieta isn't playing, when he's been injured since July), and you get the feeling that the minute that player leaves Fulham for another team, they'll stop following our Facebook page, and switch the one for the new team, presumably to contribute the same pointless comments.

Do people do this over footballers in other countries? Or players in the NBA, NFL, NHL, or MLB?

ravenheart
08-28-2013, 02:04 AM
He's not right when talking about "here". Mastodon fanboys, now there's something annoying & clueless.

Erm... pretty sure he meant Ireland, not MS.com ;)

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 02:15 AM
I'm a big football (soccer) fan of FC Bruges & FC Barcelona (and Celtic to a lesser extent), but fanatics... well...

Do you mean the hooligans? ;)

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 02:15 AM
Erm... pretty sure he meant Ireland, not MS.com ;)

Free Ireland ;-)

ravenheart
08-28-2013, 02:31 AM
I'm a big football (soccer) fan of FC Bruges & FC Barcelona (and Celtic to a lesser extent), but fanatics... well...

Do you mean the hooligans? ;)

No, I mean the people who follow individual players from team to team, obsessing over them, thinking they should play every game, no matter how good they really are, etc. without actually knowing anything about the team they're playing for, or in many cases, football at all. As I just described... too much to read? ;)

ravenheart
08-28-2013, 03:06 AM
People who respond to every piece of band news with "when are you coming to play in my city?"

ravenheart
08-28-2013, 04:02 AM
Signature model Strats and Les Pauls. Most of them are EXACTLY THE SAME.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 05:37 AM

THIS!!!!

ravenheart
08-28-2013, 05:48 AM
People who wear scarves indoors.

Ommie
08-28-2013, 06:22 AM
People who respond to every piece of band news with "when are you coming to play in my city?"
COME TO BRAZIL

COME TO POLAND

stfu

ravenheart
08-28-2013, 06:25 AM
COME TO BRAZIL

COME TO POLAND

stfu

Yeah, exactly that. It's the same as people who whine when their city isn't on a tour routing. THEY love the band, therefore there MUST be enough people in that city who love them to make a date worth booking.

300%_Density
08-28-2013, 06:31 AM
I know that this is just a tour doing A markets but you guys should really be playing the Dakotas.

dcmetal108
08-28-2013, 06:34 AM
People who wear scarves indoors.

This also counts for wearing winter hats inside / during anytime other than the cold of winter.

ravenheart
08-28-2013, 07:02 AM
This also counts for wearing winter hats inside / during anytime other than the cold of winter.

Definitely. There's a guy in my office right now wearing a scarf. It's 22C in London.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 07:14 AM
Yeah, exactly that. It's the same as people who whine when their city isn't on a tour routing. THEY love the band, therefore there MUST be enough people in that city who love them to make a date worth booking.

See my post a few pages back ;) and it's not even the band that decides where to play lol.

I don't like those signature models either btw (the 1997 Joe Perry Les Paul is a beautiful exception), but I do like Tony Iommi's Jaydee. Too bad that company doesn't have the means for mass production.

Dean is also ridiculous with signatures, and I find it hilarious that they made a Trey Azagtoth Astro-X one, while he mostly plays Ibanez...

Dextrimental
08-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Free Ireland ;-)

Not sure what you're getting at, but I did mean Ireland.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 07:17 AM
Not sure what you're getting at, but I did mean Ireland.

It's a joke, but now you know my opinion about one of the most beautiful places in the world. But, as it is a heavy subject: let's not get into that. ;)

Dextrimental
08-28-2013, 07:19 AM
And I equally get annoyed by people who only listen to Bon Scott's AC/DC, but that's quite controversial. ;)

*raises hand* Brian Johnson's voice irritates me. It's not a discrecit to the band, those albums are as good as any other AC/DC material, just Bon Scott's voice sounds better to my ears.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 07:22 AM
*raises hand* Brian Johnson's voice irritates me. It's not a discrecit to the band, those albums are as good as any other AC/DC material, just Bon Scott's voice sounds better to my ears.

Freedom of speech ;)

I'm biased, because Back In Black is one of my all time favorite albums... ;)

Dextrimental
08-28-2013, 07:24 AM
It's a joke, but now you know my opinion about one of the most beautiful places in the world. But, as it is a heavy subject: let's not get into that. ;)

Feel free to elaborate, I don't mind. Actually, I would find it interesting if you would elaborate.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 07:25 AM
Feel free to elaborate, I don't mind. Actually, I would find it interesting if you would elaborate.

If you're talking about the country, my opinon is clear: I support a united Ireland.

*Runs away*

ravenheart
08-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Bon was better, but they're both good. Any other conclusion on AC/DC is incorrect.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Bon was better, but they're both good. Any other conclusion on AC/DC is incorrect.

It's funny to hear that Highway To Hell already sounds more polished, more focused.

They were gonna be huge anyway.

Dextrimental
08-28-2013, 07:29 AM
If you're talking about the country, my opinon is clear: I support a united Ireland.

*Runs away*

As in independent free state Ireland, or united with Britain Ireland?

Sepultura69
08-28-2013, 07:50 AM
Black Sabbath.

ravenheart
08-28-2013, 07:56 AM

Both parts of Ireland should do whatever the fuck they want. If NI want to be part of the UK, let them. The rest of the UK isn't forcing them, and who's to say they're wrong?

Personally, I'd rather all the parts of the UK went their own separate ways and sorted their own lives out. Then we wouldn't have to put up with Scotland's hypocritical whining anymore. But whatever. We all know where really come from ;)

dcmetal108
08-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Black Sabbath.

Explain.

BloodoftheKings
08-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Explain.

They ruined metal.

PVH5150
08-28-2013, 06:23 PM

Only sig Les Paul I'd buy is Neal Schon's, if I could ever find one. They only made 60 of them. Floyd Rose & Fernandes Sustainer fo lyf, yo.

powerslave_85
08-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Even worse? The ones that have that god-forsaken fake wear-and-tear on them. I cannot fathom the combination of stupidity and too much money that someone must have to buy one of those. The Guitar Center here has an Eric Clapton signature model that's been "worn" to look like his actual guitar. It's $14,000. If I was obscenely rich, I would buy it, and then upload a bunch of videos to YouTube of me clumsily playing shitty Blink-182 covers on it.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2013, 11:34 PM

The former, of coursh! :D

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-29-2013, 03:27 AM

Still kinda disappointing when a band skips your state (or country) during a tour when they have played there before and had success, so there is a time for saying "Come to whatever" so they know the band is wanted back, or if the band has never played there they know they have fans there.But when people reply to every single piece of band news other than touring saying to come to there, it is really stupid.

I also hate turned based video games.

Dextrimental
08-29-2013, 05:20 AM
Even worse? The ones that have that god-forsaken fake wear-and-tear on them. I cannot fathom the combination of stupidity and too much money that someone must have to buy one of those. The Guitar Center here has an Eric Clapton signature model that's been "worn" to look like his actual guitar. It's $14,000. If I was obscenely rich, I would buy it, and then upload a bunch of videos to YouTube of me clumsily playing shitty Blink-182 covers on it.

Or the frankenstrats you can buy to look like Eddie Van Halens. I mean really!?

ravenheart
08-29-2013, 06:17 AM
Still kinda disappointing when a band skips your state (or country) during a tour when they have played there before and had success

Well that's what I mean, that's from a fan's point of view. If they really were that successful in a particular city/state, then they'd come back. The fact that they don't, or at least don't on every tour, tells you one thing quite plainly: it wasn't that successful last time. Money drives everything, and if there's a place where they know they'll make some, you can be sure as shit they'd play there.

ravenheart
08-29-2013, 06:18 AM
I also hate turned based video games.

Also, this. Seriously, what is this, the 1980s? Fuck waiting for the enemy to hit me before I get a chance to hit back.

ravenheart
08-29-2013, 06:48 AM
People who take their shoes off at work.

MetalIsArt
08-29-2013, 06:55 AM
Well that's what I mean, that's from a fan's point of view. If they really were that successful in a particular city/state, then they'd come back. The fact that they don't, or at least don't on every tour, tells you one thing quite plainly: it wasn't that successful last time. Money drives everything, and if there's a place where they know they'll make some, you can be sure as shit they'd play there.

You forget that it's not the band's decision where to play.

ravenheart
08-29-2013, 07:17 AM
You forget that it's not the band's decision where to play.

I don't. He probably does though. By "they" I mean everyone involved, management, booking agents, promoters, etc. If there's money to be made, one of them will know where that is and will get a show there. If there isn't, they won't.

mankvill
08-29-2013, 07:21 AM
Also, this. Seriously, what is this, the 1980s? Fuck waiting for the enemy to hit me before I get a chance to hit back.

what are you, 12?

Dextrimental
08-29-2013, 07:41 AM
I don't. He probably does though. By "they" I mean everyone involved, management, booking agents, promoters, etc. If there's money to be made, one of them will know where that is and will get a show there. If there isn't, they won't.

There's also routing and business relations, too. Bands are, more often than not, playing everywhere it's feasible to play on a tour without losing money.

Current one is comic book movie fans. Just accept you're never going to get a perfect adaptation and live with it.

dcmetal108
08-29-2013, 09:03 AM
what are you, 12?

No, but young and wild is. Patience is a virtue.

I hate bands that have a nickname for their fans. ie, maggots.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-29-2013, 09:36 AM
No, but young and wild is. Patience is a virtue.

I hate bands that have a nickname for their fans. ie, maggots.

I'm 15, get your facts straight.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-29-2013, 09:39 AM

Well, I'm mainly talking about Alice Cooper when it comes to this, skipped Georgia last tour and is skipping it again this upcoming one.

El Gordo
08-29-2013, 11:53 AM
This thread.

Maideneer
08-29-2013, 11:59 AM
When clubs put wristbands on your arm wrong so it grabs a bunch of hair and you have to adjust it so the sticky part doesn't touch anything.

Part 2 of that is not waiting to get home to cut it off with a scissor, but rather pulling the damn thing as hard as possible to snap it off which leaves a mark on your arm for hours.

mankvill
08-29-2013, 12:01 PM
When clubs put wristbands on your arm wrong so it grabs a bunch of hair and you have to adjust it so the sticky part doesn't touch anything.

Part 2 of that is not waiting to get home to cut it off with a scissor, but rather pulling the damn thing as hard as possible to snap it off which leaves a mark on your arm for hours.

I couldn't get my CiT or MDF wristbands off without cutting them and it made me REALLY upset.

ravenheart
08-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Well, I'm mainly talking about Alice Cooper when it comes to this, skipped Georgia last tour and is skipping it again this upcoming one.

Which tells you one thing. Last time he played Georgia, it didn't make enough money. Simple.

ravenheart
08-29-2013, 03:11 PM

Only children who've missed the point say this.

ravenheart
08-29-2013, 03:12 PM
what are you, 12?

There is absolutely no excuse for turn based video games on current platforms. None whatsoever. You can put all the RPG elements into a proper game now. Just because it's old, doesn't make it cool.

John The Drummer
08-29-2013, 03:36 PM
People that blow all their money on drugs and alcohol then whine and bitch on FB asking if anyone can help them out.

*insert epic rage picture*

Dextrimental
08-29-2013, 04:15 PM
People that blow all their money on drugs and alcohol then whine and bitch on FB asking if anyone can help them out.

On that note. People who drink a lot and do drugs and then complain about not being employed, or being in work hungover all the time. No qualms with people who go into work hungover, it's the people who then complain about it that get on my nerves.

John The Drummer
08-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Drummers that think speed (not the drug :lol: ) makes you a better drummer.
I always see people shooting down the SickDrummerDotCom drum cam videos when the drummer isn't just doing blast beats the whole time. So fucking stupid.

dcmetal108
08-29-2013, 09:14 PM

One venue by me does that plus puts giant X's on each hand in sharpie. It only looks cool at hardcore shows. At conventions though I just ask them to just not put it really tight so it doesn't hurt and stick to my arm, if you ask them to do it I've never had them so no about it.

Only children who've missed the point say this.

I use to work with a guy when I was at walmart who claimed he had a weed addiction and spent his entire paychecks on weed because he couldn't live without it. He got caught later stealing money from registers. He was already in court for another case and Walmart waiting until he hit that magic number where they can really charge him with theft. Dumbass.

adamclark52
08-29-2013, 11:18 PM
I grew up with turn-based video games so I have a soft spot for them. But I agree that in this day an age they don't fit in. I recently played Final Fantasy XIII and then played IX, and I was so bored with how slow IX was in comparison. I'll still always love those games but I can see how younger kids today would think they're garbage.

That said, if you think Crono Trigger sucks you need to get your head examined.

kalfitegrdan
08-29-2013, 11:28 PM

Everyone's 12 until they're 18.

kalfitegrdan
08-29-2013, 11:31 PM
One venue by me does that plus puts giant X's on each hand in sharpie. It only looks cool at hardcore shows. At conventions though I just ask them to just not put it really tight so it doesn't hurt and stick to my arm, if you ask them to do it I've never had them so no about it.

Yeah, fuck Bottom Lounge. I hated that shit. Another reason why Reggie's is far superior. ;)

dcmetal108
08-30-2013, 04:47 AM
Yeah, fuck Bottom Lounge. I hated that shit. Another reason why Reggie's is far superior. ;)

I don't mind if other than the fact that the sharpie is a bitch to wash off after you leave it on all show.

MetalIsArt
08-30-2013, 10:17 AM
People who say that all drug users are junks.

XDoomsayerX
08-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Ticket service fees. Ticket goes from $13 to $20 da fuuuck

XDoomsayerX
08-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Peeps who constantly give pro wrestling fans and pro wrestling in gen shit. I know it's scripted. If I wanted to watch legit fights I'd see MMA or boxing. :tp:

Ommie
08-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Whenever someone quotes something from a YouTube video and there's a bunch of replies that go "I watched the video too."

Like seriously, are you TRYING to be a dick?

MetalIsArt
08-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Whenever someone quotes something from a YouTube video and there's a bunch of replies that go "I watched the video too."

Like seriously, are you TRYING to be a dick?

Or: "I was 15, dis music is teh soundtrack of my life" and etc...

MetalIsArt
08-30-2013, 11:10 AM
This thread.

Kerry King.

Ommie
08-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Or: "I was 15, dis music is teh soundtrack of my life" and etc...
92% of teenagers listen to music that I don't happen to like, upvote if you are one of the 8% that still listen to REAL music.

You know what, I just hate YT comments in general. :hmm:

MetalIsArt
08-30-2013, 12:09 PM
92% of teenagers listen to music that I don't happen to like, upvote if you are one of the 8% that still listen to REAL music.

You know what, I just hate YT comments in general. :hmm:

This.

John The Drummer
08-30-2013, 12:37 PM
From a few years ago...

Me: Absu is one of my favorite bands now, really love [insert album] A LOT!
Guy: I've been listening to Absu since [insert early 90's year]. [insert more blah blah i'm better than you]
Me: That's nice.... I was probably only 4 or 5 around then, how would I even know who they were, yet enjoy their music at that age?

People :lol:

MetalIsArt
08-31-2013, 01:53 AM
From a few years ago...

Me: Absu is one of my favorite bands now, really love [insert album] A LOT!
Guy: I've been listening to Absu since [insert early 90's year]. [insert more blah blah i'm better than you]
Me: That's nice.... I was probably only 4 or 5 around then, how would I even know who they were, yet enjoy their music at that age?

People :lol:

ravenheart
08-31-2013, 05:47 PM
People who abbreviate decades and put the apostrophe in the wrong place.

MetalIsArt
09-01-2013, 02:02 AM
People who come into threads and tell you what you should do.

ravenheart
09-01-2013, 03:29 AM

Shut the fuck up. Stop being a pussy. Go listen to better bands. Do it now!

El Gordo
09-01-2013, 03:37 AM

:lol: I think you're on the wrong message board if this is something you have a problem with!

MetalIsArt
09-01-2013, 05:36 AM
:lol: I think you're on the wrong message board if this is something you have a problem with!

:lol: you should talk :lol:

adamclark52
09-01-2013, 05:38 AM

There are WAY worse boards than this.

MetalIsArt
09-01-2013, 05:41 AM

You got that right.

El Gordo
09-01-2013, 06:53 AM

I know. Metal boards in general though, are bad for that.

El Gordo
09-01-2013, 06:54 AM
:lol: you should talk :lol:

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, YOU FUCK!

MetalIsArt
09-01-2013, 07:01 AM
DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, YOU FUCK!

:lol: U mad, bro?

PVH5150
09-01-2013, 07:05 AM

coughcoughTHEGEARPAGEDOTNETcoughcough.

MetalIsArt
09-01-2013, 07:06 AM
The "quality" of many wikipedia articles...

rjturtle9
09-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Kanye West.

MetalIsArt
09-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Comicbookfans who want to see everything literally translated on the screen.

adamclark52
09-01-2013, 11:34 AM
iPad controls and autocorrect.

TheWildAndTheYoung
09-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Comicbookfans who want to see everything literally translated on the screen.

Well bookfans in general are like that, but when you get a movie that puts almost everything from the book into the movie (like The Hobbit), you get a bunch of people who complain about its length, which is stupid.

MetalIsArt
09-02-2013, 03:39 AM
Well bookfans in general are like that, but when you get a movie that puts almost everything from the book into the movie (like The Hobbit), you get a bunch of people who complain about its length, which is stupid.

That too... :tp:

People that call me untroo because I prefer 1999-now Satyricon instead of old.

El Gordo
09-02-2013, 04:12 AM

I think the general complaint about The Hobbit is that they're supposed to be making three movies about it, while they made three movies for LOTR, which is probably something like six times longer than The Hobbit... and a way more epic story, too.

MetalIsArt
09-02-2013, 04:39 AM
I think the general complaint about The Hobbit is that they're supposed to be making three movies about it, while they made three movies for LOTR, which is probably something like six times longer than The Hobbit... and a way more epic story, too.

I just didn't like The Hobbit, I went to see it because I wanted to give the LOTR movies a second chance. I found it to be boring, with at times, mediocre CGI.
The CGI for the next one looks terrible as well (giant spider!) and I hate Orlando Bloom with a passion.

On a side note: I'm sick of the 3D crap. 2015 in movies will be mostly horrendous.

TheWildAndTheYoung
09-02-2013, 07:24 AM
I just didn't like The Hobbit, I went to see it because I wanted to give the LOTR movies a second chance. I found it to be boring, with at times, mediocre CGI.
The CGI for the next one looks terrible as well (giant spider!) and I hate Orlando Bloom with a passion.

On a side note: I'm sick of the 3D crap. 2015 in movies will be mostly horrendous.

Ehh, I loved the Hobbit, but I'm a Tolkien geek so that's probably why :lol:

MetalIsArt
09-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Ehh, I loved the Hobbit, but I'm a Tolkien geek so that's probably why :lol:

We all make mistakes ;)

El Gordo
09-02-2013, 09:17 AM

I loved the LOTR trilogy, I liked The Hobbit. It annoys me how much detail they're going into with it when so much got cut out of LOTR, which is my biggest beef, really. I have no problem with the CGI, but I've never paid much attention to that stuff anyway.

I don't like the 3D stuff, either. I hated that that was my only option at the movie theatre to see this movie. I rarely go out to see a movie these days and if everything's going to be 3D, rarely will turn into never.

PVH5150
09-02-2013, 09:45 AM
On the "Shuffle 25 songs" thread, or any other thread relating to listing artists and their respective songs....when people list the song title before the artist. Godfuckingdamnit, that drives me insane.

Bengals279
09-02-2013, 10:18 AM
The LOTR trilogy was much better then the first Hobbit movie. The Hobbit was just to digital and computerized. I hated the way they made the orcs/golbins look. I wish they would have stayed with the LOTR version. And 3 parts? It could have easily only been 2 or 1

Dextrimental
09-02-2013, 10:27 AM
The LOTR trilogy was much better then the first Hobbit movie. The Hobbit was just to digital and computerized. I hated the way they made the orcs/golbins look. I wish they would have stayed with the LOTR version. And 3 parts? It could have easily only been 2 or 1

It's funny, people who haven't read the book are complaining about 3 films, but people who have love it because the films contain EVERY detail from the book possible. It's one of the few big book to film adaptations that fans of the source material generally enjoy.

adamclark52
09-02-2013, 11:08 AM
On the "Shuffle 25 songs" thread, or any other thread relating to listing artists and their respective songs....when people list the song title before the artist. Godfuckingdamnit, that drives me insane.

...sorry...

ravenheart
09-02-2013, 02:46 PM

Seconded. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

El Gordo
09-02-2013, 03:24 PM

Well now you're just nitpicking.

"Song name" - band name

Makes sense to me!

Oh, and I started the thread and listed the song first, then the band, so I'm right and all you other motherfuckers are wrong!

ravenheart
09-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Oh, and I started the thread and listed the song first, then the band, so I'm right and all you other motherfuckers are wrong!

Being wrong first isn't being right.

adamclark52
09-02-2013, 05:12 PM

I don't think it's that bad. It depends on how you look at things. The only time I'd find it remotely annoying is if the bands name and a song title could be confused as one or the other. (ex. Cell - In the Woods) Could go either way if you've never heard the band. That's why I always try to italicize the title of a song in any posts I make.

I do find it annoying when people use abbreviations for song titles. "Metallica came out and played a wicked set kicking off with FWTBT, followed by RTL, MoP, SBT, WHS and killed it with a blistering rendition of FFWF". That's only because it makes me think too much. And then my brain hurts.

TheWildAndTheYoung
09-02-2013, 05:14 PM
It's funny, people who haven't read the book are complaining about 3 films, but people who have love it because the films contain EVERY detail from the book possible. It's one of the few big book to film adaptations that fans of the source material generally enjoy.

Agreed 100%.

I loved The Hobbit, and I am very hyped for the second one.Of course it's not as good as the LOTR trilogy (IMO no movie ever will be), but doesn't make it any less fun.

adamclark52
09-02-2013, 05:21 PM
I really think that most of what was cut out of the original Lord of the Rings trilogy was cut for good reason. Tom Bambadill, the long journey home, the battle for the Shire, it really didn't miss it. The extended editions were just enough, and the death Saroman got in the movies was way better than the books.

The Hobbit, however, I think they're going to be stretching it too thin with three parts. I've heard the second movie will end where the book ended and the third movie will just be tying in to the Lord of the Rings. So we'll have to wait and see how it's done. But it reeks of a cash-grab to me.

Regardless, they're two of the best series I've ever seen.

El Gordo
09-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Being wrong first isn't being right.

No, but always being right is awesome. I win.

Dextrimental
09-02-2013, 05:39 PM
I really think that most of what was cut out of the original Lord of the Rings trilogy was cut for good reason. Tom Bambadill, the long journey home, the battle for the Shire, it really didn't miss it. The extended editions were just enough, and the death Saroman got in the movies was way better than the books.

The Hobbit, however, I think they're going to be stretching it too thin with three parts. I've heard the second movie will end where the book ended and the third movie will just be tying in to the Lord of the Rings. So we'll have to wait and see how it's done. But it reeks of a cash-grab to me.

Regardless, they're two of the best series I've ever seen.

Agreed about LOTR, those books are fucking long and have a lot of material that would have felt tedious and at times silly in the films. The extended editions push how long one can keep attention for, they are as much information as can be put into film from those books really.

The Hobbit trilogy is a cash grab, but it's a dam good quality one with some love for the source material in mind.

adamclark52
09-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Agreed about LOTR, those books are fucking long and have a lot of material that would have felt tedious and at times silly in the films. The extended editions push how long one can keep attention for, they are as much information as can be put into film from those books really.

The Hobbit trilogy is a cash grab, but it's a dam good quality one with some love for the source material in mind.

Well, the purpose of ANY Hollywood movie is to make money. What I mean by "cash-grab" is more that they're trying to squeeze as much as they can out of it no matter what. Stretching it too thin. As long is it stays in Peter Jacksons hands it will be good. But this whole conversation started with the comment about fanboys and source material. Depending on how it's done most people will probably be happy but there will be more than a few fanboys who will hate it because they got Glfondrial the High Dwarfs hairstyle wrong, or something.

I saw a poster for it (the next Hobbit movie) in the theater today and "it moved".

MetalIsArt
09-03-2013, 02:36 AM
I loved the LOTR trilogy, I liked The Hobbit. It annoys me how much detail they're going into with it when so much got cut out of LOTR, which is my biggest beef, really. I have no problem with the CGI, but I've never paid much attention to that stuff anyway.

I don't like the 3D stuff, either. I hated that that was my only option at the movie theatre to see this movie. I rarely go out to see a movie these days and if everything's going to be 3D, rarely will turn into never.

There was a time that my local theater never offered both the 2 & 3D versions. But about a year ago, they changed their minds.

The 2D screening for The Wolverine was as equally packed as the 3D-one. It's just there to earn extra money.