PDA

View Full Version : New Triptykon album

Travis The Dragon
07-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Triptykon's current rehearsal and arrangement sessions for the forthcoming second album sound sweepingly heavy, epic, and dark. And utterly diverse. Such music - and, indeed, the experience of creating it - is deeply alluring, even addictive.

The path leading to this point has been unexpectedly long and extremely challenging, even if for reasons largely unrelated to the group. And yet, we are reminded every time we meet why we have persisted. Love Triptykon or feel profound hatred for us, but this group sounds like no other - except the two from which we have arisen.

It will still be a few months until the music that is "Daemon", "Into Despair", "Sycophant", "Boleskine House", "Tree Of Suffocated Souls", and many more, will be committed to the album proper. But having progressed, finally, so far into the process in this manner is moving beyond description.
SOURCE (http://fischerisdead.blogspot.ch/2013/07/dystopia.html)

I absolutely love Eparistera Daimones and can't wait to hear what Warrior and company come up with next!

John The Drummer
07-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Well.... at least it's better than "New album coming soon" :eyes:

slapguitarer
07-30-2013, 12:13 PM
I was just thinking about Triptykon yesterday. Definitely looking forward to this.

300%_Density
07-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Bout damn time. After that Shatter EP they dropped off the map.

TonyD
07-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Aww yisss

Coma323
07-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Can't wait for the album and tour. They were ridiculously heavy when I saw them at the Middle East 3 years ago.

Jochen
07-30-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm beyond excited, no doubt this will be a damn good album. Just a short while ago, I was starting to worry that they haven't given an update in so long.

mankvill
07-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Tom just posted a pretty nice post on his blog about Hellhammer mailing HR Giger back in the day.

Onioner
07-30-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm expecting great things after the masterpiece that was ED. I just hope that dudes willing to do another US tour. One of my biggest concert regrets was not seeing Triptykon three years ago.

TonyD
07-30-2013, 07:17 PM
I'm pretty sure he's for it, did you happen to see the documentary about the Celtic Frost reunion where him and Eric were fighting forever about booking shows in Mexico?

Onioner
07-30-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm pretty sure he's for it, did you happen to see the documentary about the Celtic Frost reunion where him and Eric were fighting forever about booking shows in Mexico?

I have seen that documentary actually! Never before have I seen anyone take themselves go goddamn seriously haha.

Sepultura69
07-31-2013, 12:37 AM
I'm expecting great things after the masterpiece that was ED. I just hope that dudes willing to do another US tour. One of my biggest concert regrets was not seeing Triptykon three years ago.

:( :(:(

I feel your pain. I was gonna go to the Los Angeles date, but I ended up getting my ass kicked really badly by some over abusive security guard at the Yagermeister tour which took place at the Gibson Amphitheater. Slayer was horrible, plagued with terrible shitty sound. It was not worth the two hours of driving up to Universal Studios and driving two hours back down to my house. The damage had been done and i was just way too dead from that event to even think about attending the tryptikon show, which was less than 48 hours after the Yagermeister tour. To this day I still feel like the two biggest concert regrets I have ever had in my life was missing Tripyton, and Missing the stoner legends "SLEEP" on the week of my birthday(in june of 2011 which took place at the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles).

:bouville: :bouville:

300%_Density
10-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Best news of the day.

Melana Chasmata (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/triptykon-to-release-melana-chasmata-in-april/)

TRIPTYKON — the occult/avant-garde metal project formed by former HELLHAMMER/CELTIC FROST singer, guitarist, and main songwriter Tom Gabriel Fischer (a.k.a. Tom Gabriel Warrior) — will release its second album, "Melana Chasmata", on April 15, 2014 (one day earlier internationally). The CD will be made available through a collaboration between the group's own label, Prowling Death Records Ltd., and renowned metal giant Century Media Records. This is the same label partnership already responsible for CELTIC FROST's final album, "Monotheist" (2006), HELLHAMMER's "Demon Entrails" demo compendium (2008), and TRIPTYKON's debut album, "Eparistera Daimones", and "Shatter" EP (2010).

"Melana Chasmata" is evolving to be a vastly varied and strikingly dark and heavy album. The album's title may be translated, approximately, as "black, deep depressions/valleys."

Songwriting, arrangement, and recording sessions for "Melana Chasmata" have occurred, intermittently, since 2011. Among the music available for inclusion on the album are songs such as "Boleskine House", "Stasis", "Gate To My Own Death", "Demon Pact", "Gehinnam", "Tree Of Suffocated Souls", "Unchristian Anthem", and many more. A final track listing for "Melana Chasmata" will be issued in due course, along with further details on both album and artwork.

Much like "Eparistera Daimones", "Melana Chasmata" is being produced by Warrior and TRIPTYKON guitarist V. Santura, and recorded and engineered by V. Santura at his own Woodshed Studio in Bavaria, Germany, as well as at TRIPTYKON's bunker in Zurich, Switzerland.

Says Warrior: "We have been working on 'Melana Chasmata' for some three years, in various shapes and forms. It's not an easy album by any means, and to me personally it reflects an extremely complex gestation period, musically, spiritually, and, due to certain circumstances in my life, emotionally. At the same time, the album unquestionably reflects the continuity I was longing for so much during CELTIC FROST's period of self-destruction and demise. Hearing TRIPTYKON creating such utter darkness again and exploring the potential of these new songs has been incredibly invigorating and inspiring."

slapguitarer
10-22-2013, 10:35 AM
:party:

justinm4bama
10-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Whoot whoot! :rocker:

illuminatus917
10-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Best news of the day.

That's an understatement.

There's a high chance this will be the best album of 2014.

MetalIsArt
10-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Celtic Frost... lives.

:flame::bouville:

John The Drummer
10-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Awesome! I cant wait. I spun their debut nonstop when it came out.

JRA
10-22-2013, 01:03 PM
At least it's actually pronounceable. I still don't know how to pronounce the title of that debut.

300%_Density
10-22-2013, 01:53 PM
At least it's actually pronounceable. I still don't know how to pronounce the title of that debut.

Same here. I always had to google the name and then copy and paste if I was ever typing it on here.

Travis The Dragon
10-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Hell yes! And WOW! I think that sets a record for the(oh, how the hell do I word this?) furthest ahead of time announcement of a release date. Usually, that's mentioned no more than 2 months before an album comes out, but almost 7 months ahead is insane!

TonyD
10-22-2013, 02:26 PM
I don't know what you're talking about ^
But this is great news.

illuminatus917
10-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Hell yes! And WOW! I think that sets a record for the(oh, how the hell do I word this?) furthest ahead of time announcement of a release date. Usually, that's mentioned no more than 2 months before an album comes out, but almost 7 months ahead is insane!

Yeah... what?

slapguitarer
10-22-2013, 03:07 PM
I think he's saying album release dates aren't usually given this far in advance.

GarageMetal468
10-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Best news I've heard in a while!

mankvill
10-22-2013, 03:59 PM
:party:

MetalIsArt
10-23-2013, 11:19 AM
My Pain is one of the eeriest songs I've ever heard.

(is eeriest even english lol?)

adamclark52
10-23-2013, 07:18 PM
My Pain is one of the eeriest songs I've ever heard.

(is eeriest even english lol?)

+1

Listening to that song pretty buzzed of Jack and Coke Zero was when I really got into the album. The droning vocals at the beginning are epic. I actually rewound the CD and listened to the song two more times before I got to the closing track (which was a totally different experience).

300%_Density
02-07-2014, 10:24 AM
More good news:

"Melana Chasmata" will feature the following nine songs, at a playing time of around 67 minutes:

01. Tree Of Suffocating Souls
02. Boleskine House
03. Altar Of Deceit
04. Breathing
05. Aurorae
06. Demon Pact
07. In The Sleep Of Death
08. Black Snow
09. Waiting

Further new TRIPTYKON music has been recorded, to be released as an EP or mini album later in 2014 or early in 2015.

Average length of songs is close to 7 minutes and we will be getting more new music shortly after this. Good news to me.

mankvill
02-07-2014, 11:55 AM
I'll be sure to tell you how the new songs sound at MDF :party:

adamclark52
02-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Saw the cover art today. It's guilty....

Of giving me a boner.

300%_Density
02-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Saw the cover art today. It's guilty....

Of giving me a boner.

You must share. And by share I mean the picture. Not the boner.

adamclark52
02-07-2014, 01:35 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/02/07/triptykon-h-r-giger-reunite-melana-chasmata-album-art/

300%_Density
02-07-2014, 01:37 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/02/07/triptykon-h-r-giger-reunite-melana-chasmata-album-art/

Oh that is pretty sexy. I like that. ALOT.

John The Drummer
02-07-2014, 05:59 PM
it looks just like the last one..... ..... ..... :eyes:

BUT SO STOKED!!!!! CANT FUCKING WAIT!!!

adamclark52
02-07-2014, 06:08 PM
it looks just like the last one..... ..... ..... :eyes:

BUT SO STOKED!!!!! CANT FUCKING WAIT!!!

And the last one was totally awesome too. But I actually love this one more. I love Gigers work, but the less sexual stuff is way better. And I love that the layout is exactly the same, with the album name and artist at the top and bottom in the exact same font. I love when bands do that.

Did I mention that I love this album cover. Shit son, I haven't even heard a note of the music and it's already my album of the year.

John The Drummer
02-07-2014, 06:25 PM
I wonder.....

Could it possibly be more crushing and heavier than the last one? That'll be hard... that one... just.... pancaked me...from the first note.

adamclark52
02-07-2014, 06:31 PM
I wonder.....

Could it possibly be more crushing and heavier than the last one? That'll be hard... that one... just.... pancaked me...from the first note.

I don't know man, those last two songs (My Pain and the Prolonging) pretty much changed my life. And if there are heavier riffs than Abyss Within My Soul and Myopic Empire we may as well all just pull a Radiohead and lay in the middle of the sidewalk until we die.

My expectations are fucking high for this one.

300%_Density
02-07-2014, 07:21 PM
It is something impressive to close a set with a 19 minutes song. I don't know how much they closed w/ The Prolonging but when I saw them that's what they closed with.

That is the HEAVIEST show I have ever been to, and it was the most evilest sounding guitar sound I've ever heard. And nothing that I have heard or seen has been even close to when I saw them a few years ago. Expectations are SUPER high for this.

mankvill
02-07-2014, 07:38 PM
If I get to meet Tom G Warrior at MDF I might fucking cry.

Especially if they do this:

V1Hqq2XHXk4

300%_Density
02-07-2014, 07:57 PM

V1Hqq2XHXk4

The Triptykon setlist I grabbed is still one of my most prized setlists in my collection.

John The Drummer
02-07-2014, 08:24 PM

V1Hqq2XHXk4

Cool Sepultura cover, bro.

mankvill
02-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Cool Sepultura cover, bro.

nub, it's a Nappy Dappy cover

2hf5KznxOKA

adamclark52
02-07-2014, 08:43 PM
nub, it's a Nappy Dappy cover

2hf5KznxOKA

:mad:...please...don't call them "Nappy Dappy"...ever again...just don't.

mankvill
02-07-2014, 08:45 PM
:mad:...please...don't call them "Nappy Dappy"...ever again...just don't.

you ain't down wit tha nibble dibble bruh?!

adamclark52
02-07-2014, 08:51 PM
you ain't down wit tha nibble dibble bruh?!

jokes are fine. Except with Napalm Death. Make fun of Pantura, whoever, don't care. Just not Napalm Death. There are no variations on their name except if you want to call them Napalm "Fucking" Death. That, I'll allow.

John The Drummer
02-07-2014, 08:58 PM
jokes are fine. Except with Napalm Death. Make fun of Pantura, whoever, don't care. Just not Napalm Death. There are no variations on their name except if you want to call them Napalm "Fucking" Death. That, I'll allow.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2w3vlsy.jpg

mankvill
02-07-2014, 09:30 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2w3vlsy.jpg

It's funny because I understand the reference this is making :lol:

GarageMetal468
02-08-2014, 06:16 AM

TL;DR version:

This is going to be fucking awesome.

justinm4bama
02-08-2014, 04:20 PM
I hope I can get a picture with Tom G at MDF. It pissed me off so much that I couldn't get a picture with Cronos last year because people were taking forever.

mankvill
02-08-2014, 04:37 PM
I hope I can get a picture with Tom G at MDF. It pissed me off so much that I couldn't get a picture with Cronos last year because people were taking forever.

When I saw Celtic Frost in 2006, they set aside like an hour after their set to just hang out and meet fans (it was a school night for me so I had to leave right after :I ) so hopefully it'll be the same here.

JRA
02-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Eh the new album art looks like the first album without the lady anal sex.

mankvill
02-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Eh the new album art looks like the first album without the lady anal sex.

>not wanting lady anal sex on every album cover

cmon

JRA
02-08-2014, 05:50 PM
>not wanting lady anal sex on every album cover

cmon

It's not that I want it on every cover, I was just hoping for something that didn't look practically exactly like the last album.

mankvill
02-08-2014, 05:56 PM
But H.R. Geiger rules!

Also I just found out that the artwork for Eparistera Daimones was the same artwork used for Order From Chaos' "Stillbirth Machine"

O:

JRA
02-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Yea but H.R. Geiger could have done something a little different. I don't remember Heartwork looking like a setpiece from Alien.

MetalIsArt
02-09-2014, 01:56 AM
Yea but H.R. Geiger could have done something a little different. I don't remember Heartwork looking like a setpiece from Alien.

Could have chosen you mean. It's a painting from the seventies.

JRA
02-09-2014, 05:54 AM
Yea true.

adamclark52
02-14-2014, 04:16 PM
SAMPLES BITCHEZ!

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/02/14/good-morning-heres-sixty-seconds-new-triptykon-music/

John The Drummer
02-14-2014, 04:27 PM
GAWWWW NEED TO GET HOME AND LISTEN!!!!! :eek:

adamclark52
02-14-2014, 05:24 PM
I'm not going to lie: it's good but not mind-bottling. I prefer the second clip.

300%_Density
02-14-2014, 06:14 PM
First one didn't really go anywhere for me.

I really liked where the 2nd was going. And then time was up. Goddamn you 60 seconds.

adamclark52
02-25-2014, 01:06 PM
New song!

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/02/25/triptykon-worship-altar-deceit/

Sounds good. I like the droning guitar note in the second verse. And I like that they're so damn heavy with "only" six string guitars. That outro is massive.

mankvill
02-25-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm so ready for this album.

300%_Density
02-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Love the outro. Obviously the sound isn't great but I loved what I heard.

300%_Density
03-14-2014, 10:06 AM
2 new songs streaming!!!!

Wooooooo (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/triptykon-two-new-songs-breathing-and-boleskine-house-available-for-streaming/)

Side note - Apparently Celtic Frost was offered a lot of $ to just do Wacken:

Former HELLHAMMER/CELTIC FROST singer, guitarist, and main songwriter Tom Gabriel Fischer (a.k.a. Tom Gabriel Warrior) has revealed to The Quietus that CELTIC FROST turned down a substantial amount of money to reform for an appearance at the world's biggest heavy metal festival, Wacken Open Air in Wacken, Germany.

"Two and a half weeks ago, I was actually offered €100,000 (approximately $140,000) for a one-hour show at Wacken as CELTIC FROST — Martin [Eric Ain, original bassist] and me being the main two; they said it wouldn't matter who was playing drums or second guitar, as long as Martin and me would put CELTIC FROST on stage at Wacken.

"And my response to them? The same as the one I gave you: It's a joke. So the answer's no."

He continued: "I invested an immeasurable amount of time, creativity and personal money into resurrecting CELTIC FROST, and in the end it ended really badly. I don't regret that I did it, but I'm not keen to set myself up for yet another huge disappointment and have it all end again in such a huge crash… I'm not keen to shoot myself in the face again. I would've loved to continue it, but it was impossible."

MetalIsArt
03-14-2014, 10:26 AM
2 new songs streaming!!!!

Wooooooo (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/triptykon-two-new-songs-breathing-and-boleskine-house-available-for-streaming/)

Side note - Apparently Celtic Frost was offered a lot of $ to just do Wacken:

Former HELLHAMMER/CELTIC FROST singer, guitarist, and main songwriter Tom Gabriel Fischer (a.k.a. Tom Gabriel Warrior) has revealed to The Quietus that CELTIC FROST turned down a substantial amount of money to reform for an appearance at the world's biggest heavy metal festival, Wacken Open Air in Wacken, Germany.

"Two and a half weeks ago, I was actually offered €100,000 (approximately $140,000) for a one-hour show at Wacken as CELTIC FROST — Martin [Eric Ain, original bassist] and me being the main two; they said it wouldn't matter who was playing drums or second guitar, as long as Martin and me would put CELTIC FROST on stage at Wacken.

"And my response to them? The same as the one I gave you: It's a joke. So the answer's no."

He continued: "I invested an immeasurable amount of time, creativity and personal money into resurrecting CELTIC FROST, and in the end it ended really badly. I don't regret that I did it, but I'm not keen to set myself up for yet another huge disappointment and have it all end again in such a huge crash… I'm not keen to shoot myself in the face again. I would've loved to continue it, but it was impossible."

Stoopid festival. Celtic Frost is still alive.

Fall asleep into my arms, never to wake up ever again... :bouville::bouville::bouville:

mankvill
03-14-2014, 10:52 AM
I feel like if they can find a good 2nd guitar player and drummer, they could reunite Celtic Frost again. If I remember correctly, I thought the whole problem with the reunion was Franco Sesa?

300%_Density
03-14-2014, 11:26 AM
I feel like if they can find a good 2nd guitar player and drummer, they could reunite Celtic Frost again. If I remember correctly, I thought the whole problem with the reunion was Franco Sesa?

I didn't print the whole article but that is what he said is the biggest issue was with "the drummer". They could, when they reunited V Santurra was the other touring guitarist. So I'm guessing they are basically 75% there, minus drummer.

Fischer didn't completely rule out the possibility of a CELTIC FROST reunion in the future, but made it clear that if were they ever to reform, it would have to be for the right reasons. He said: "I think it's perfectly legitimate to reform a band; heavy metal is now becoming an older genre, many bands have been together for a long time and sometimes it's very necessary to split up — it can be a positive thing.

Original Interview (http://thequietus.com/articles/14740-celtic-frost-reform-wacken)

justinm4bama
03-14-2014, 12:18 PM
Uh ahhhhh :shred:

slapguitarer
03-14-2014, 12:22 PM
Very promising stuff.

Jochen
03-14-2014, 02:51 PM
Listening to Breathing now and it rules.

My $0.02 about reuniting Celtic Frost - Tom seems to have mellowed out about it since their '08 break up. It's been six years already, which is hard for me to believe (I remember like it was yesterday reading on Blabbermouth that he left the band). Also, it took seven to eight years for Tom/Eric to reunite after their breakup in the '90s, so given that he's not ruling it out completely and the time that's past, I could see it possibly happening in a few years.

However, I can't imagine Tom would want to put Triptykon on hold or shaft whoever he can't include in a Celtic Frost reunion (Vanja most likely). It looks like Triptykon is going too well for him and he seems to care about the other members too much to do that.

Now I'm on Boleskin House and it rules too.

mankvill
03-14-2014, 03:32 PM
Yeah. There won't even be a thought of a Celtic Frost reunion for like...at LEAST a decade. If then, even.

I'M MARRIED TO PAUL DI'ANNO

TonyD
03-14-2014, 03:54 PM
^lol

I'm excited for this album + hopefully getting the chance to see these guys for the first time. Is the bassist the one who sings the parts in Boleskine House and Shatter?

And I don't know about you guys, but I don't see much of a point in a CF reunion other than if Tom and Martin feel the need for closure. I would probably try to see them, but it's not like Martin and whoever else is involved bring more to the music than Triptykon does.

300%_Density
03-14-2014, 03:57 PM
I would say depending on how well the new Triptykon does and how much they tour I think they "could" even though I have my doubts it'd be anytime soon. They went 4 years between albums, I know the first year or so they toured a good amount but it didn't seem like they toured a ton the last couple years.

If they follow a similar pattern I think they could. Although it just really depends if Tom really wants to burn himself out because he could go do stuff w/ CF after Triptykon and then after CF is over it'd be time for more Triptykon again. I'd say it depends on the workload Tom feels like taking.

adamclark52
03-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Would there be a point to continuing Triptykon if Celtic Frost got back together? Tom has said that Triptykon is exactly what Celtic Frost would've sounded like had they stayed together.

Both songs are awesome but Boleskine House is more the vein I prefer. I'm loving the female vocals.

Onioner
03-14-2014, 08:34 PM
I honestly don't care if Celtic Frost ever reunite if Triptykon sticks around. This shit rips.

As for these two tracks, here are my impressions. The engineering is marginally better than ED, the bass really pops out now and the drums sound more natural. I think Tom also sounds stronger on these songs than on ED, less straining and a little more like he did back in the '80s. Breathing destroys (3:09 could have been a classic part of a song on To Mega Therion), while Boleskine House is good, though I probably wouldn't listen to it much on its own. Could make for a really strong part of the album as a whole though.

MetalIsArt
03-15-2014, 03:13 AM
Boleskin House... :eek:

That distorted bass is just so mesmerizing...

El Gordo
03-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Boleskine House is a pretty awesome song, but I don't like Breathing. It just sounds like your average generic thrash with kind of crappy vocals. If the album is mostly in the vein of Boleskine House, it will kick ass.

adamclark52
03-15-2014, 10:20 AM
Their slower doom songs really are better than their sped up thrash stuff. Same can be said about the Monotheist album and the last Triptykon.

But I have no problems with an equal mix of both. If anything a weaker thrash song will make a slower doom song that follows it sound even more crushing. I can't wait for this album.

MetalIsArt
03-16-2014, 12:55 AM
I like the break @ 3:17 in Breathing tho.

DisposableJustice
03-17-2014, 02:46 PM
I checked these guys out on Spotify and I like them a lot so far I am digging the two new songs.....yay for new bands for me :D

MPF
03-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Theya re both Brutal, I expect nothing less from Triptykon.

adamclark52
03-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Five star review at metalsucks.net

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/03/24/melana-chasmata-triptykon-real/

Coma323
03-25-2014, 01:30 AM
At The Gates
Triptykon
Morbus Chron
TH 04.12.2014 London (UK) – Forum
FR 05.12.2014 Manchester (UK) – Academy 2
SA 06.12.2014 Glasgow (UK) – Garage
SU 07.12.2014 Birmingham (UK) – Academy
MO 08.12.2014 Cardiff (UK) – Souls
WE 10.12.2014 Essen (D) – Turock
TH 11.12.2014 Hamburg (D) – Markthalle
FR 12.12.2014 Eindhoven (NL) – Metal Meeting Festival
SA 13.12.2014 Leipzig (D) – Conne Island
SU 14.12.2014 Wien (AT) - Arena
TU 16.12.2014 Aarau (CH) – Kiff (* Triptykon co-headline)
WE 17.12.2014 Munich (D) – Backstage Werk
TH 18.12.2014 Antwerpen (B) – Trix
FR 19.12.2014 Cologne (D) – Essigfabrik
SA 20.12.2014 Berlin (D) - Postbahnhof

treghet
03-25-2014, 01:59 AM
Sort of off topic, but that's a big tour for Morbus Chron to be on. It seems Century Media is giving them a bigger push now, so hopefully they can get on a stateside tour soon! In fact, they should just make that lineup a NA tour.

adamclark52
03-25-2014, 07:14 AM
At the Gates are great but I really wouldn't want to see anyone headline over Triptykon.

hb420
03-25-2014, 01:00 PM
At the Gates are great but I really wouldn't want to see anyone headline over Triptykon.

What this guys says. Anything less than a 90 minute set would not do them justice.

TonyD
03-25-2014, 01:02 PM
The emotional rollercoaster of
>At the Gates + Triptykon tour
>in Europe

moobys37
03-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Question for ravenheart or any other Euro on here: How big are those venues on that tour? I'd imagine that this would be a huge tour but I don't recognize most of those venues.

Coma323
03-25-2014, 01:19 PM
What this guys says. Anything less than a 90 minute set would not do them justice.
I agree. I know for their US tour they were taking turns headlining with 1349. Not sure what they got for time though when 1349 headlined since I got a Triptykon headlining show.

adamclark52
04-18-2014, 06:08 PM
For some reason my copy won't be coming in the mail until mid-May. Anyone heard it?

John The Drummer
04-18-2014, 06:11 PM
Its definitely a good album, but I have 3 complaints....

1. At times it just sounds TOO MUCH like the first album. Not necessarily a bad thing, but was hoping for something a bit different.

2. Some of the songs sound like they end too soon.

3. The first track doesn't feel like a first track :(

SignoftheHammer
04-18-2014, 06:41 PM
Only listened to it once so far, but I loved it. I think I prefer the first album, but this one (like the debut, in my case anyways) feels like a grower :D

adamclark52
04-18-2014, 06:54 PM
Only listened to it once so far, but I loved it. I think I prefer the first album, but this one (like the debut, in my case anyways) feels like a grower :D

You're from Newmarket? Well just a warning; there are two guys who post here who live in Keswick. Things can get a little "Pick-up truck and Miller High-Life" from time-to-time.

300%_Density
04-18-2014, 07:52 PM
I probably need another listen. I kinda felt like John. I heard the first album and it blew my mind. So many heavy riffs. Even the EP had great songs I'd have loved to be on the LP. This album (on 1st listen) falls a little flat at times for me. Maybe because I didn't know what to think before the 1st album & was more surprised. I don't know. I'll listen several more times. I probably need a little time.

SignoftheHammer
04-18-2014, 07:52 PM
You're from Newmarket? Well just a warning; there are two guys who post here who live in Keswick. Things can get a little "Pick-up truck and Miller High-Life" from time-to-time.

I have some cousins who live in Keswick, so I'm familiar with it:D

Travis The Dragon
04-19-2014, 06:50 PM
A great album! Demon Pact is my favorite. I just love the melodic part while he sings the heavier parts and the way it ends is so amazing!