PDA

View Full Version : Deicide U.S. Tour With Broken Hope and Disgorge

TiradesOfTruth
07-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Disgorge announces U.S tour with Deicide, Broken Hope and Necronomicon!

10/02/13 Atlanta, GA Masquerade
10/03/13 Charlotte, NC Tremont Music Hall
10/04/13 Springfield, VA Empire
10/05/13 Wilmington, DE** Mojo 13
10/06/13 New York, NY TBC
10/07/13 Montreal, QC Club Soda
10/08/13 Toronto, ON WreckRoom
10/09/13 Pittsburgh, Pa TBC
10/10/13 Columbus, OH Alrosa Villa
10/11/13 Chicago, IL Cobra Lounge
10/12/13 Kansas City, MO Riot Room
10/13/13 Denver, CO Bluebird Theater
10/15/13 Spokane, WA The Hop
10/16/13 Seattle, WA TBC
10/17/13 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theatre
10/18/13 San Francisco, CA DNA Lounge
10/19/13 S. Lake Tahoe, CA Whisky Dick's
10/20/13 W. Hollywood, CA Whisky
10/21/13 Phoenix, AZ Joe's Grotto
10/22/13 El Paso, TX Tricky Falls
10/23/13 Dallas, TX Trees 10/24/13 Austin, TX Infest

Spiner202
07-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Deicide is going from The Opera House to the Wreckroom? This show is going to be packed! Hopefully school doesn't get in the way, and I can go to this, as I was really sick during Deicide's set last time and couldn't enjoy it at all.

hellawaits77ny
07-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Nice! Solid lineup right there. Will try to hit the Montreal show.

coltongsmith
07-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Disgorge announces U.S tour with Deicide, Broken Hope and Necronomicon!

10/02/13 Atlanta, GA Masquerade

My buddy really wants to see Broken Hope again after MDF and this tour would be perfect for him if he wasn't working. But i can't wait for this show!:party:

mankvill
07-29-2013, 05:16 PM
10/12/13 Kansas City, MO Riot Room

Fuck yes! Been waiting a really long time to see Deicide, and Disgorge just makes it that much sweeter.

Suffocation at the Riot Room was insane because of how small it is, hopefully Deicide is just as crazy.

the deathmetaler
07-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Of course. Nowhere near me.

scream4icecream
07-29-2013, 05:25 PM
holy shit! I am SO there

PVH5150
07-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Oct. 9 in Pittsburgh at a venue TBD, according to Broken Hope's FB page.

Bengals279
07-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Damn. I would have been able to hit this up, it was on a Saturday to. Damn 21+ venues. Ah well. Dear Riot Room :finger2:

dcmetal108
07-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Chicago show is 21+. Boo.

300%_Density
07-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Setting the over/under on actual shows played at 10. Place your bets w/ me!!!

MPF
07-29-2013, 07:33 PM
I did see Deicide and Broken Hope last year so I'm ok with not seeing them together on this tour.

mankvill
07-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Setting the over/under on actual shows played at 10. Place your bets w/ me!!!

it seems like Glenn has gotten his shit together lately, so hopefully that won't be the case here!

hellawaits77ny
07-30-2013, 04:39 AM
it seems like Glenn has gotten his shit together lately, so hopefully that won't be the case here!

Agreed. I don't seem to recall any shows cancelled on the last 3 NA tours, but maybe I'm wrong. I know when I saw them last year in Montreal Glen was "sick" with vocal chord issues, but he still played and put on a good performance.

John The Drummer
07-30-2013, 09:11 AM
Which Necronomicon? Hopefully it's the one that opened for Vreid/Kampfar a couple years back, I'd love to ACTUALLY see them.

energymetal14
07-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Fuck! Sick lineup, wish it was coming here.

kalfitegrdan
10-23-2013, 01:06 PM
BROKEN HOPE: KICKED OFF TOUR BY GLEN BENTON.

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE HERE:

El Paso…first a maniac wielding a box-cutter cuts 3 fans at our concert—one ear-to-ear (thankfully all the victims are going to recover), then we learned that Glen Benton is kicking us off the No Salvation Tour. It was a helluva night. Since we started this tour, we’ve had to endure Glen Benton’s constant bitching and ultimatums. He was always trying to snip our balls and demanded that we couldn’t use our fog machines and on some nights, we couldn’t use our backdrops or other production elements because he had issues with all of it. With respect to the headliner, we abided. Moreover, in efforts of friendship, good tour vibes, and because we’re simply cool fucking guys, we let Glen Benton and his band use OUR BACKLINE because they didn’t want to bring all their gear on tour!

Specifically, we let the headliner use our cabinets and Glen Benton used our entire bass rig—head and cabinet—since his own bass head failed him early on. While we were generous with our backline, not once did Benton thank us, offer us a dime, or even lift a finger to help move anything—and he fucked up our bass head numerous times with his resetting the EQ, etc., despite us politlely asking him NOT to mess with the bass tone we dialed in. Gee, with all the money and free gear Benton brags about to us daily, you’d think he’d do something about getting his own rig.

Things got ugly in El Paso when, after we learned Benton had lost our bass rig cables and once again fucked with our bass head, so, we put our foot down and told him he couldn’t use the head anymore. Note: we still allowed Benton to use our cabinets for their show.

That said, Benton threw an EPIC hissy-fit and immediately kicked us off the tour! He booted BROKEN HOPE from the tour simply because we refused to let him use our bass head! What bullshit. Now, even though that lame reason is what Benton used to get rid of us, I believe there’s more to the story here. During this entire tour Benton has given BH and our crew nothing but a shitty attitude and has tried to sabotage our production every day for no good reason. Though Benton blocked us from using our fog machines, he couldn’t stop us from using our professional soundman, nor stop us from giving concertgoers an amazing and high-powered show. The fact remains—as all our show attendees have seen—we fucking handed Glen Benton his ass every night of the tour and he couldn’t keep up. Benton and his caravan of mini-van drivers couldn’t touch our live show—even on our worst night.

Benton sent Shaun Glass a text last night, threatening to break his jaw if Shaun badmouthed Benton. Well, I’m calling Benton out right now because his bullshit is old, fake, and he ain’t scaring anyone. Glen Benton is a lazy, jealous, jaded, ungrateful, unprofessional, egomaniacal bully. He menaces everyone from bands and fans, to promoters and booking agents. How he maintains a career is beyond me. And this time, he fucked with the wrong band. Karma is a bitch, Benton.

On behalf of BROKEN HOPE, I’m sorry to the fans who won’t see our performances in Dallas and Austin. You all know it’s not our fault…we’d give you all a free show if we could. Thank you all for the support, for coming to our shows, for all the love you’ve given our OMEN of DISEASE album, and for understanding the bullshit and temper tantrums we’ve had to put up with on this tour. -- JEREMY WAGNER

Fucking nuts about the dude with the box cutter.

Steev
10-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Looks like glen was big timing them, and keeping in mind the venue in Delaware they played is smaller than most sports bars, a Hooters is bigger

slapguitarer
10-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Wait so who's Broken Hope?

Onioner
10-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Wait so who's Broken Hope?

Death metal band from the 90s whose singer died and they recently reunited I think about a year ago for a tour with Obituary. They're actually pretty fricken good, and they actually are a much better live act than Deicide, a band that I maintain are just not that great live.

So yeah, Glen Benton sounds like an all-around douchenozzle. Everyone I know who's met Jeremy Wagner from Broken Hope say that he's incredibly nice and I've heard mixed things about Glen. Didn't someone on here say that he was seen walking back and forth in front of a venue just to be noticed or some shit like that?

scrunt
10-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Fucking nuts about the dude with the box cutter.

According to these articles, the guy's name is Jesus.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/latestnews/ci_24369065/kfox-3-people-stabbed-at-downtown-el-paso

http://www.kvia.com/news/three-people-attacked-at-downtown-concert-tuesday-night/-/391068/22582092/-/5c6ah8/-/index.html

Nater
10-23-2013, 02:20 PM
I was watching the documentary that came with the new BH album and he was talking about about how cool the Deicide guys were when they toured in 95. Jeremy seems like a great guy.

Steev
10-23-2013, 03:54 PM
I've only ever talked to Shaun from Broken Hope(who was also in Soil and Dirge Within), and he's been a nice guy, very approachable and no ego

300%_Density
10-23-2013, 04:41 PM
This sounds like the least surprising dick move I've ever heard from Glenn. I like Deicide but Glenn just seems like an awful human being.

GarageMetal468
10-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Glen's pissed because Broken Hope have been putting on a much better performance than Deicide every night.

anomynous
10-23-2013, 05:02 PM
lol, Deicide

Ommie
10-23-2013, 05:23 PM
lol, Deicide
Pretty much.

Steev
10-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Glen's pissed because Broken Hope have been putting on a much better performance than Deicide every night.

I've never seen deicide, but I saw glenn drunkenly slur through 2 songs at Roadrunner United back in 2005(one deicide and one obituary) and it was awful

Even the other musicians onstage looked embarrassed

GarageMetal468
10-23-2013, 05:27 PM
I've never seen deicide, but I saw glenn drunkenly slur through 2 songs at Roadrunner United back in 2005(one deicide and one obituary) and it was awful

Even the other musicians onstage looked embarrassed

Deicide are mediocre at best live. On this tour they were sloppy as shit. Broken Hope and Disgorge made them look even worse. No Ralph Santolla doesn't help either.

mankvill
10-23-2013, 05:47 PM
deicide was awesome at my show.

kalfitegrdan
10-23-2013, 09:59 PM
deicide was awesome at my show.

Deicide were awesome the first two tones I saw them, but on this current tour they sounded like shit at the Chicago show. That could just be me though since I have friends who said it was the best time they've seen them.

Steev
10-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Apparently since this broke Benton has done an interview where he not only blames Broken Hope and their management, but says they were responsible for Vader not doing the tour

hellawaits77ny
10-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Apparently since this broke Benton has done an interview where he not only blames Broken Hope and their management, but says they were responsible for Vader not doing the tour

Tough to take anything Glen says seriously. That would be one sweet tour though, Deicide and Vader.

Steev
10-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Tough to take anything Glen says seriously. That would be one sweet tour though, Deicide and Vader.

That's what I was thinking, but if I'm correct this interview was done by someone who hates Shaun Glass, so that makes it kinda hard to take also

mankvill
10-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Vital Remains just posted that their European tour with Immolation was canceled because Broken Hope didn't want them on the tour.

What

OraclesofAgony
10-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Vital Remains just posted that their European tour with Immolation was canceled because Broken Hope didn't want them on the tour.

What

:lol:

anomynous
10-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Metal drama is the best

justinm4bama
10-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Immolation would be the last band to put with drama shit like that. I highly doubt that Broken Hope convinced them to put Vital Remains off the tour.

EDIT - from Broken Hope's Facebook page:

Whether you love us, whether you hate us, we hope you feel that way based on our MUSIC and actual ACTIONS--both of which we try and deliver with integrity, and as positive human beings. Actions and facts are what opinions should be based on.

REGARDING VITAL REMAINS: BROKEN HOPE politely declined an offer to tour with VITAL REMAINS about 5 months ago due to scheduling conflicts. As far as a new European tour, there's a BH tour in the works, but we haven't seen any dates--and we don't know Vital Remains business, period! The fact that Glen Benton and Vital Remains are close friends and music collaborators raises suspicions as to where VR's statement about their "cancelled tour" came from.
It's no secret Glen Benton hates BROKEN HOPE and his treatment of us and his post-tour testimony proves that he'll do anything to hurt us. It's also clear that certain metal sites also hate BROKEN HOPE and like to perpetuate this bullshit. Hopefully people with an even-keeled mindset will either not buy into this shit, or, at least judge bands on their MUSIC and PERFORMANCES rather than dramatic events.

Some people give BH too much credit for having some kind of "superpower" that makes other bands do things against their will. Haha! It's laughable because we're the first to admit that "we ain't shit!" We're here to play death metal, we try and put on the best shows possible, but we don't take shit from anyone, either. All bullshit aside, we're the easiest guys you could ever deal with, and this drama isn't anything we like to be involved in.

REGARDING GLEN BENTON's COMMENTS ABOUT VADER: BROKEN HOPE has NEVER said we were "bigger" than VADER and that's how we got the Deicide tour--as Glen Benton claims in his interview. Glen Benton and Deicide were the "headliners" and only THEY have the power to choose the bands who open for them. If Glen Benton wanted VADER so bad, he could have easily put them on the bill as direct support--and NOT BROKEN HOPE!

Understand the facts: record sales AND longevity matter, and that's where bands fall into place. VADER trumps BROKEN HOPE in both areas! We'd be complete fools to think otherwise. VADER has been busy A LOT LONGER than BROKEN HOPE while we were gone for 10+ years. VADER has put out many more albums and continued to make a huge name for themselves. We only wish we had VADER's legacy! Read our lips: we're NOT rockstar fucks who can just tell other bands what to do. If we had that power, we'd tell SLAYER to make us direct support on their tours!

Glen Benton contradicts himself in everything he says, and he will say ANYTHING to throw BROKEN HOPE under a train.
That said, when we were "asked" to do the Decide tour, VADER already had their own headlining tour booked with Vital Remains and others opening for them! So, how in the hell does this play into the Deicide tour when VADER already had their own tour plans? None of this makes sense.

FACTS MATTER. FUCK RUMORS. It's up to the metal world to believe what they read or not. There's 2 sides to every story. BROKEN HOPE loves VADER, we respect VADER, and would tour with them any chance we get. And just as a reminder to show how much VADER means to us, here's a memoriam that Jeremy Wagner wrote when VADER's drummer "Doc" passed away.

OraclesofAgony
10-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Looks like this will be an ongoing saga.

energymetal14
10-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Lol this is hilarious. Sounds like high school drama but its a bunch of grown adults. The Broken Hope guys seem okay, and its no surprise Glen Benton would act like an immature asshole :tp:

Nater
10-31-2013, 12:14 AM
I was kinda wondering why all of a sudden VR started posting stuff refering to all this. Makes sense now. I wonder whose gonna come out a a Beliber to hang with Metallica.

hellawaits77ny
10-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Such maturity by all parties.

LogicBomb
10-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Apparently Jeremy Wagner (guitarist for Broken Hope) has some kinda beef with Brian Werner (live singer for Vital Remains), so there's definitely some kernel of truth there, and something brewing between the two bands besides Glen Benton. I don't really know anything about what sway BH would have over Immolation or Vader though.

All in all, this whole thing's ridiculous on both sides. I'm hoping Immolation and Vader take the high road and don't engage in any of this bickering.

mankvill
10-31-2013, 03:18 PM
Apparently Jeremy Wagner (guitarist for Broken Hope) has some kinda beef with Brian Werner (live singer for Vital Remains), so there's definitely some kernel of truth there, and something brewing between the two bands besides Glen Benton. I don't really know anything about what sway BH would have over Immolation or Vader though.

All in all, this whole thing's ridiculous on both sides. I'm hoping Immolation and Vader take the high road and don't engage in any of this bickering.

Ross Dolan is like one of the most relaxed people I've met, he probably just wants everyone to be happy and play death metal.

LogicBomb
10-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Ross Dolan yeah I can vouch for that, I see him at shows here on occasion, and he's always a totally chill guy. But you know I doubt everyone in Broken Hope/Deicide/VR wants to be a part of this. Maybe Bill Taylor feels the need to get in the ring and drunk post from Immolation's official FB about how so-and-so is a tool.

kalfitegrdan
11-01-2013, 02:10 PM
BROKEN HOPE and DEICIDE have buried the hatchet.

MUSIC and FRIENDSHIP are most important to us. Life's too short for bad blood and we're happy to get back on the right track with Glen Benton and company.

Adrenaline PR
Broken Hope and DEICIDE Make Amends for Death Metal Solidarity

A note from BROKEN HOPE:

BROKEN HOPE and DEICIDE have reached out to each other, have made apologies, and mended their friendship after the debacle at the end of the NO SALVATION TOUR.

Glen Benton, Shaun Glass, and Jeremy Wagner have been good friends for 20 years and the blow-up in El Paso was completely unnecessary and the situation could have been rectified if all parties talked it out as friends. Moreover, there were some very low-blows lobbed in an effort to maim Glen Benton, and a number of those words were very unfair and very immature, so to that end, we apologize.

That said, both bands have extended olive branches to each other in order to retain their longtime friendships, and to rise above all the worthless drama, finger-pointing, and scandalous fallout that’s plagued both bands.

We’re glad to once again have Benton’s friendship and to have DEICIDE as brothers. FRIENDSHIP and MUSIC are ALL that matters here.

We ask all fans to please embrace our effort to revive our friendship with Glen and DEICIDE, and as we all take a higher, more positive road.

Best,

BROKEN HOPE.

Now Deicide and Broken Hope can join that Bury the Hatchet tour with Falling in Reverse and Escape the Fate!

Steev
11-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Now Deicide and Broken Hope can join that Bury the Hatchet tour with Falling in Reverse and Escape the Fate!

That'd be more entertaining

hellawaits77ny
11-01-2013, 05:44 PM

They should each bury a hatchet into the backs of Falling in Reverse and Escape the Fate band members.

John The Drummer
11-01-2013, 06:22 PM
in a nutshell... this...

http://youtu.be/qICwgHT5rpg?t=21s

mr. roti
11-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Death metal soap opera!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

LogicBomb
11-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Lol, I'm guessing Century Media told them to quit it.

dcmetal108
11-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Lol, I'm guessing Century Media told them to quit it.

My guess.

XDoomsayerX
11-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Glen Benton once said stuff like he'd commit suicide for satan now he bitches bout a band.

Dat aint brutal bro.

mankvill
11-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Glen Benton once said stuff like he'd commit suicide for satan now he bitches bout a band.

Dat aint brutal bro.

yeah why can't every band be Dissection

Steev
11-02-2013, 05:52 AM

Dat aint brutal bro.

Something about being dead by 30, or maybe it was 35

I'm assuming he's older than that now

hellawaits77ny
11-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Something about being dead by 30, or maybe it was 35

I'm assuming he's older than that now

It was 33. I think he said it when he was like 28, then it came. And nothing.

Datjazzfusion
11-03-2013, 08:37 AM
It was 33. I think he said it when he was like 28, then it came. And nothing.

What were you expecting? It is Deicide. How can you take anything by them seriously?

hellawaits77ny
11-03-2013, 11:06 AM
What were you expecting? It is Deicide. How can you take anything by them seriously?

Well considering Glen turned 33 thirteen years ago, I wasn't exactly on top of this subject when it was happening.

illuminatus917
11-03-2013, 02:02 PM
yeah why can't every band be Dissection

:(

He was a true satanist.

A satanist all the other satanists should aspire to be like.

John The Drummer
11-08-2013, 01:49 PM

So you're saying that "Mad At God" isn't a brutal I hate Christianity song title!?

:lol: oh wait... that is a pretty dumb fucking song title.