PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails -- Niigata, Japan -- July 26th, 2013

Travis The Dragon
07-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Copy of A
(World premiere)
Sanctified
(Altered version; first performance since 1996)
Came Back Haunted
(Live premiere)
March of the Pigs
Piggy
Reptile
Terrible Lie
Closer
Gave Up
Help Me I Am in Hell
Me, I'm Not
Find My Way
(World premiere)
The Way Out Is Through
Wish
Survivalism
The Good Soldier
Only
The Hand that Feeds
Head Like a Hole
Hurt

SOURCE (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2013/naeba-ski-resort-niigata-japan-23c68c8f.html)

It's great to see Sanctified on there! Also, gonna have to check youtube for the new songs.

illninoese
07-26-2013, 02:53 PM
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

brutal_descent
07-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Sorely disappointed by lack of Fragile material (with the exception of The Way Out) as well as the omissions of Mr Self Destruct, Heresy, Last, Every Day Is Exactly the Same, Something I Can Never Have, and Right Where It Belongs. Should be incredible nonetheless.

Onioner
07-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Wish- the only song I've ever seen live where my I didn't know whether to dance or headbang.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
07-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Sorely disappointed by lack of Fragile material (with the exception of The Way Out) as well as the omissions of Mr Self Destruct, Heresy, Last, Every Day Is Exactly the Same, Something I Can Never Have, and Right Where It Belongs. Should be incredible nonetheless.

As much as I love it, I feel like "Every Day is Exactly the Same" wouldn't translate well live. I'm with you on "Mr. Self Destruct" and "Something I can Never Have," though. I'd take "Me, I'm not" and "Survivalism" out for "Suck" and "Sin."

adamclark52
07-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Copy of A
(World premiere)
Sanctified
(Altered version; first performance since 1996)
Came Back Haunted
(Live premiere)
March of the Pigs
Piggy
Reptile
Terrible Lie
Closer
Gave Up
Help Me I Am in Hell
Me, I'm Not
Find My Way
(World premiere)
The Way Out Is Through
Wish
Survivalism
The Good Soldier
Only
The Hand that Feeds
Head Like a Hole
Hurt

It's a really good set but that one minute right there would sell the whole thing to me.

Travis The Dragon
07-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raqWfu5WlgU) is pro shot footage of Copy Of A. There's also a pro shot of Reptile. I wonder if the entire show is available.

brutal_descent
07-26-2013, 06:21 PM
As much as I love it, I feel like "Every Day is Exactly the Same" wouldn't translate well live. I'm with you on "Mr. Self Destruct" and "Something I can Never Have," though. I'd take "Me, I'm not" and "Survivalism" out for "Suck" and "Sin."

"Wouldn't" implies that they haven't played it live yet. They have, and it sounds good.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
07-26-2013, 10:07 PM
"Wouldn't" implies that they haven't played it live yet. They have, and it sounds good.

Maybe it's just because I've yet to see it live, but all the videos I've seen of the song aren't that spectacular. I'd much rather see another song from Pretty Hate Machine or The Downward Spiral. I'm perfectly willing to be wrong here, as I love the song, it just seems like an odd choice live.

brutal_descent
07-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Maybe it's just because I've yet to see it live, but all the videos I've seen of the song aren't that spectacular. I'd much rather see another song from Pretty Hate Machine or The Downward Spiral. I'm perfectly willing to be wrong here, as I love the song, it just seems like an odd choice live.

Not arguing with that. I'd rather have any of those other songs I named, too.

Polock91
07-27-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm assuming this was a festival date? On the Farewell tour, they played over 30 songs on most of the dates.

brutal_descent
07-27-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm assuming this was a festival date? On the Farewell tour, they played over 30 songs on most of the dates.

Fuji Rock, yeah.