PDA

View Full Version : Morbid Angel US Tour Covenant 20th Anniversary

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-14-2013, 05:37 PM
World Management and Morbid Angel would like to announce the 20th Anniversary of Covenant--United States Tour 1993-2013. The tour is to be a celebration by the Masters of Chaos of their legendary biggest selling release, the album “Covenant".
In 1992, Morbid Angel was the first Extreme Death Metal band to be signed to a major label (Giant Records / Warner Brothers) and "Covenant" was to be their first release on that label in the USA. The album was released on June 22, 1993 and went on to garner great critical and commercial success. On tour, the band will play the “Covenant” album in it’s entirety and after a short intermission some additional surprise classic cuts. Further, there will be special commemorative items produced exclusively for this tour.
All advance Tickets will go on sale July 19, 2013.

COVENANT 2013 U.S. TOUR DATES:
Atlanta, GA - Nov 7 - The Masquerade
Charlotte, NC - Nov 8 - Tremont Music Hall
Baltimore, MD - Nov 9 - Baltimore Soundstage
Cambridge, MA - Nov 10 - Middle East Nightclub
New York, NY - Nov 12 - Irving Plaza
Philadelphia, PA - Nov 13 - Theatre of the Living Arts
Cleveland, OH - Nov 16 - Peabody's Downunder
Chicago, IL - Nov 17 - House Of Blues
Minneapolis, MN - Nov 18 - Mill City Nights
Sauget, IL - Nov 19 - Pops
Lawrence, KS - Nov 20 - Granada
Denver, CO - Nov 22 - Bluebird Theater
Seattle, WA - Nov 25 - Studio Seven
Portland, OR - Nov 26 - Hawthorne Theater
San Francisco, CA - Nov 27 - Slim's
Los Angeles, CA - Nov 29 - Henry Fonda Theatre
Phoenix, AZ - Nov 30 - Joe's Grotto
Albuquerque, NM - Dec 1 - Sunshine Theater
El Paso, TX - Dec 2 - Tricky Falls
Austin, TX - Dec 3 - Red 7
Houston, TX - Dec 4 - Warehouse Live
Orlando, FL - Dec 6 - Beacham Theater
Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Dec 7 - Culture Room

mankvill
07-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Lawrence, KS - Nov 20 - Granada

OH SHIT

Bengals279
07-14-2013, 05:55 PM
OH SHIT

God damn Wednesday. Whatever. Missing this wont be that bad

dcmetal108
07-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Sunday night, that makes my chances to go likely.

OraclesofAgony
07-14-2013, 06:01 PM
They're gonna play The Lions Den and Vengeance Is Mine.

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

That alone is reason enough to go to this.

anomynous
07-14-2013, 06:04 PM
this is actually coming to st louis?

Cool beans

Ommie
07-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Sweet, Morbid Angel is finally coming to MI.

Oh wait, they aren't. Fuck.

Blacktooth85
07-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Fuck Yeah!! I didn't expect to see a St. Louis date either.

Onioner
07-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Most likely will be home for the Slim's show! Hells yes.

Spiner202
07-14-2013, 06:36 PM
It's probably a good thing this isn't coming to Canada, as I'm guessing they can't get in anymore. I'm potentially considering Cleveland as it's on a Saturday night, but I don't know if it's worth it for Morbid Angel.

Steev
07-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Philly 3 days before my birthday

Hmmmmmmm

MPF
07-14-2013, 07:06 PM
I've known about this tour for a while now, it's been a bitch to keep quiet because I wanted to.

I also have to keep quiet about more additional info about the MN show.

anomynous
07-14-2013, 07:17 PM
I wonder who's opening

OraclesofAgony
07-14-2013, 07:22 PM
I hope "surprise classic cuts" means they'll be playing some Blessed songs too. But that's probably asking for too much.

mankvill
07-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Wasn't their last US tour supported by Dark Funeral and Grave? I would be ecstatic if they could get another pair of solid black and death metal bands to open on this tour.

Morbid Angel
Hail of Bullets
Naglfar

I'd shit myself for that lineup.

dcmetal108
07-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Morbid Angel with openers :

The Word Alive
Deez Nuts

BloodoftheKings
07-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Double set tours usually don't have openers.

Travis The Dragon
07-14-2013, 08:27 PM
They're also playing Pittsburgh November 15th.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/morbidcovenanttour.jpg

TiradesOfTruth
07-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Sweet, Morbid Angel is finally coming to MI.

Oh wait, they aren't. Fuck.

:mad:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-14-2013, 08:38 PM
No Dallas date. :flame:

Oh well. Saw them last year.

mankvill
07-14-2013, 10:25 PM

It doesn't say "an evening with" or whatever and Covenant is a 40 minute album so I sure hope there's some openers

PVH5150
07-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Morbid Angel at the Middle East? Fuck. That'll be most excellent.

energymetal14
07-14-2013, 11:13 PM
Morbid Angel at the Middle East? Fuck. That'll be most excellent.

Way better than the Palladium :party: Show last year out there was awesome, but Middle east is a much better venue

PVH5150
07-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Way better than the Palladium :party: Show last year out there was awesome, but Middle east is a much better venue

Not to mention 1/4 the size. I have a feeling this one will sell out quick.

Also, yay for me. No wasting 20 bucks in gas or 10 bucks to park. If it's a nice fall day, I'll walk there. I live about 2 1/2 miles away from the venue.

hellawaits77ny
07-15-2013, 04:10 AM
Super bummed this comes nowhere within 5 hours of me. Has anyone ever been to Irving Plaza in NYC?

hellawaits77ny
07-15-2013, 04:11 AM
It's probably a good thing this isn't coming to Canada, as I'm guessing they can't get in anymore. I'm potentially considering Cleveland as it's on a Saturday night, but I don't know if it's worth it for Morbid Angel.

They couldn't get in last year, so I'm assuming nothing has changed. US/Canada Customs entrance policies are such a joke.

girnny777
07-15-2013, 04:39 AM
Super bummed this comes nowhere within 5 hours of me. Has anyone ever been to Irving Plaza in NYC?

I've been there a shitload of times. It's not a bad place but it's a bit cramped and can get very hot and sweaty.

mastodon421
07-15-2013, 04:54 AM
Shit, I might have to go this. Never seen Morbid Angel and this show at the Middle East is going to be insane.

hellawaits77ny
07-15-2013, 07:59 AM
I've been there a shitload of times. It's not a bad place but it's a bit cramped and can get very hot and sweaty.

Cool. Is there a balcony? I hate having to stealth film from the floor.

girnny777
07-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Cool. Is there a balcony? I hate having to stealth film from the floor.

Yup. There's a bar up there and everything.

John The Drummer
07-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Radikult!

MPF
07-15-2013, 01:37 PM

The Minnesota show does, and that's all I'm saying. :tongue:

hellawaits77ny
07-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Yup. There's a bar up there and everything.

Excellent, thanks for the info. A road trip might be in order.

Coma323
07-15-2013, 02:21 PM
^^
Part of the upstairs balcony isn't always open to the public though so I'd get there early if you want a guaranteed spot.

greenReaper
07-15-2013, 07:19 PM
I was going to ask who was opening. Then I stopped being lazy and checked the Morbid Angel site. Looks like they're pulling a Nile:

"On tour, the band will play the “Covenant” album in it’s entirety and after a short intermission some additional surprise classic cuts. Further, there will be special commemorative items produced exclusively for this tour. In addition, we are asking the local promoters of the shows to add 2-3 of the best new local extreme bands to play on the bill. This is in an effort to celebrate the local underground metal scene in each city and hopefully give support to all local bands everywhere in the USA on what promises to be a historic occasion."

Hoping this results in a nice long Morbid set. Luckily Atlanta's local scene is kicking ass right now.

larvtard
07-15-2013, 09:23 PM
I was going to ask who was opening. Then I stopped being lazy and checked the Morbid Angel site. Looks like they're pulling a Nile:

"On tour, the band will play the “Covenant” album in it’s entirety and after a short intermission some additional surprise classic cuts. Further, there will be special commemorative items produced exclusively for this tour. In addition, we are asking the local promoters of the shows to add 2-3 of the best new local extreme bands to play on the bill. This is in an effort to celebrate the local underground metal scene in each city and hopefully give support to all local bands everywhere in the USA on what promises to be a historic occasion."

Hoping this results in a nice long Morbid set. Luckily Atlanta's local scene is kicking ass right now.

They'll probably just put on Awaken the Ancient or Legion X

Sepultura69
07-15-2013, 10:13 PM
I ended up missing Morbid Angel on their last tour because they were performing on the very same night that Saint Vitus played. Not to mention the Saint Vitus show was less than 10 minutes away from my house. I wasn't too worried about missing morbid angel because I knew they would be back soon enough, and Saint Vitus don't ever really play here in southern california so I didn't wanna miss out on seeing the doom legends playing so damn close to me. Also, it's a known fact that Morbid Angel has a mega boner for southern california. They played over here in Los Angeles in 2009. They also played here in pomona for scion Rock Fest in 2011. I ended up missing out on seeing Morbid Angel at scion rock fest to go see a little band called Anaal Nathrakh(FUCK YOU MANKZ). Morbid Angel also played a couple months later in 2011 in Hollywood. And of course, they played in 2012 over here in Anaheim, which sadly I missed out on to go see Saint Vitus.

Now there is no excuse for me to miss this gig. Tregh, Oracles, Chris...I'll see you guys there.. :hmm:

orlandodavis
07-15-2013, 10:14 PM

Failsauce.

AnataFan4Life
07-16-2013, 04:43 AM
Maybe we will get Mysteriarch again for the Charlotte date :rocker:

greenReaper
07-16-2013, 05:34 AM
They'll probably just put on Awaken the Ancient or Legion X

I'm hoping for Disfigurement, Hellgoat, Vimur, Death of Kings, or Mangled. Not into Legion X or Awaken the Ancient. Prime Mover would work too.

Steev
07-16-2013, 06:30 AM
The last time I saw MA was the Extreme Steel Tour in 2001, probably should go this time

justinm4bama
07-16-2013, 07:48 AM
I'm hoping for Disfigurement, Hellgoat, Vimur, Death of Kings, or Mangled. Not into Legion X or Awaken the Ancient. Prime Mover would work too.

Hellgoat or Vimur would be amazing but I couldn't ever picture them playing the Masquerade.

MPF
07-16-2013, 01:40 PM
For those you bitching about Local Openers....I am opening the MN show, so get your fucking asses up to Minnesota to see me play!

Ommie
07-16-2013, 02:52 PM
For those you bitching about Local Openers....I am opening the MN show, so get your fucking asses up to Minnesota to see me play!
Buy me a plane ticket, k.

coltongsmith
07-16-2013, 02:56 PM

I would love all of those bands besides prime mover. Disfigurement is perfect and death of kings are amazing too.

MikeConnor123
07-16-2013, 03:13 PM
mangled is awesome too

justinm4bama
09-26-2013, 11:34 AM
Does anybody have any news about Pete or how he's doing?

LogicBomb
09-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Does anybody have any news about Pete or how he's doing?

Considering he's doing a set with "Terrorizer" soon, seems like he's better, which just makes it weirder that he's not doing this tour. Maybe he still has trouble playing every night or something like that?

MPF
09-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Throw this in the RUMOR file, but I have been hearing a lot of reports that Pete has turned into a Born Again Christian ever since having to step down from the band and wants to come back to help spread the word of God...which I don't think the other guys would welcome.

This is not my rumor, I would have made something completely better up if I was faking it.

anomynous
09-26-2013, 12:24 PM
wat

LogicBomb
09-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Obviously slander spread by Mike Browning.

Jochen
09-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Obviously slander spread by Mike Browning.

Yep.

300%_Density
09-26-2013, 12:58 PM
I can't help but think that Dave Mustaine has something to do w/ this.

:D

OraclesofAgony
09-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Throw this in the RUMOR file, but I have been hearing a lot of reports that Pete has turned into a Born Again Christian ever since having to step down from the band and wants to come back to help spread the word of God...which I don't think the other guys would welcome.

This is not my rumor, I would have made something completely better up if I was faking it.

Well, considering that he has recently been posting tons of Bible verses and Christian sentiments on his Facebook page, I'd say it's more than just a rumor that he's become a Born-Again Christian.

https://www.facebook.com/pete.sandoval.988?fref=ts

Just scroll through his feed and see for yourself.

Now, how this relates to his standing in MA, I have no clue. He and the band have been mum on that.

I could see this turning into a Dave Suzuki/Vital Remains type situation though where he's already left the band and neither party officially addresses it, and the band just moves on without him.

justinm4bama
09-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Well, considering that he has recently been posting tons of Bible verses and Christian sentiments on his Facebook page, I'd say it's more than just a rumor that he's become a Born-Again Christian.

Now, how this relates to his standing in MA, I have no clue. He and the band have been mum on that.

I could see this turning into a Dave Suzuki/Vital Remains type situation though where he's already left the band and neither party officially addresses it, and the band just moves on without him.

Wow I hope that doesn't happen. Tim is an awesome drummer and all but it would just be a better show if Pete was on the drums.

OraclesofAgony
12-06-2013, 06:56 PM

Well, there has finally been an official acknowledgement of this situation.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/morbid-angels-david-vincent-says-former-drummer-pete-sandoval-has-found-jesus/

Looks like I'll have to see Terrorizer now if I want to see Pete live.

I'm assuming Dave no longer has a part in Terrorizer either.

Onioner
12-07-2013, 02:26 AM
Well, there has finally been an official acknowledgement of this situation.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/morbid-angels-david-vincent-says-former-drummer-pete-sandoval-has-found-jesus/

Looks like I'll have to see Terrorizer now if I want to see Pete live.

I'm assuming Dave no longer has a part in Terrorizer either.

Pete not being in the band is too bad, but Tim's doing one hell of a job from what I've seen on YouTube. It's kinda like the Lombardo/Bostaph thing in that the originals are both naturally gifted freaks of nature, but I'd say Tim is being a much better replacement than Paul currently is.

Coma323
12-07-2013, 04:27 AM
I've never seen them with Pete but the two times I've seen them with Tim have been awesome. The Covenant show I caught last week was killer.

christopher
12-07-2013, 06:24 AM
I'm happy I got to see Pete play with them in 2009. He was a fucking beast behind that kit. Sucks he's being a little bitch right now but it is what it is.