Oh, Isabella
Gone Cold
The Wolf Man Kindly Requests...
-----------------
The Mob Goes Wild
Electric Worry / One Eye Dollar

Christen
07-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Pure Rock Fury and Subtle Hustle back to back must have been pretty awesome.

mankvill
07-11-2013, 03:46 PM
They didn't say 50,000 Unstoppable Watts!

ravenheart
07-11-2013, 04:35 PM
They didn't say 50,000 Unstoppable Watts!

Yep! Best bit about the set, to be honest.

Too much boring stuff off the new album (first time I've heard any of it and only really liked Gone Cold and D.C. Sound Attack!), they ruined Big News I by cutting it short and doing a jam/solos, and the encore was about as predictable as a Megadeth set.

All in all, I've seen them be MUCH better.

I don't think I need to see them again for quite some time now. Their sets are getting a bit stale.

300%_Density
07-11-2013, 04:58 PM
With a band like Clutch I don't know if I would go say their sets are getting stale, when the sets are so different I don't know how they could be stale. Its basically a luck of the draw. Granted since ER came out its a bit much playing all of your new album at a show. But even at that they haven't been doing that every night since it came out.

I don't think there's such thing as a predictable encore (especially comparing to Megadeth). I've been to shows where Mob isn't played or its been the opening song. EW/1ED does need a break. Out of the 10 or so times ive seen them since that came out its probably only not been played once.

Dont think Megadeth could function now if they opened w/ Peace Sells or Holy Wars (yes I know they used to do that years back).

ravenheart
07-11-2013, 05:45 PM
With a band like Clutch I don't know if I would go say their sets are getting stale, when the sets are so different I don't know how they could be stale. Its basically a luck of the draw. Granted since ER came out its a bit much playing all of your new album at a show. But even at that they haven't been doing that every night since it came out.

I don't think there's such thing as a predictable encore (especially comparing to Megadeth). I've been to shows where Mob isn't played or its been the opening song. EW/1ED does need a break. Out of the 10 or so times ive seen them since that came out its probably only not been played once.

Dont think Megadeth could function now if they opened w/ Peace Sells or Holy Wars (yes I know they used to do that years back).

Yes and no. Every set on this European tour has basically been the same songs in a different order. One or two songs change, but that's about it. And as soon as they didn't play Mob in the first four tracks, I wrote down the encore.

300%_Density
07-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Yes and no. Every set on this European tour has basically been the same songs in a different order. And as soon as they didn't play Mob in the first four tracks, I wrote down the encore.

Guess I'm looking at it from the perspective of living somewhere that Clutch plays 2-3x a year while I know they don't do a ton of UK. So obviously im sure they are more likely to throw in something like Mob as an encore as opposed to deeper tracks. Didn't think of it from a UK point of view.

ravenheart
07-11-2013, 05:59 PM
I think I would have been as happy as I could have been with that set if they hadn't screwed up the one surprise (Big News I) in it.

300%_Density
07-11-2013, 06:02 PM
I think I would have been as happy as I could have been with that set if they hadn't screwed up the one surprise (Big News I) in it.

Odd. I know that's usually the song where they jam. Never heard them cut it short. That's quite unfortunate.

I would like to see them get a live keyboard player again. That would allow them to do more stuff they haven't done in awhile.

Blacktooth85
07-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Yep! Best bit about the set, to be honest.

Too much boring stuff off the new album (first time I've heard any of it and only really liked Gone Cold and D.C. Sound Attack!), they ruined Big News I by cutting it short and doing a jam/solos, and the encore was about as predictable as a Megadeth set.

All in all, I've seen them be MUCH better.

I don't think I need to see them again for quite some time now. Their sets are getting a bit stale.

Ooh, uh, yeah. I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there. Clutch are one of the few bands that don't have any stale sets. They change it up every night it seems... And about the new album, i think it's there best since Blast Tyrant. I wouldn't say it's boring at all... But that's just me.

ravenheart
07-12-2013, 02:05 AM
Ooh, uh, yeah. I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there. Clutch are one of the few bands that don't have any stale sets.

You obviously weren't paying attention.

They change it up massively every night in the US because they tour their constantly. In Europe, they play a large chunk of the same stuff all the time.

I could die happy never seeing 50,000 Unstoppable Watts, One Eye Dollar, The Mob Goes Wild, or Electric Worry ever again.

And as I already said, on this tour they're basically playing the same set every night, changing maybe two songs, and perhaps swapping the order around a little. Apart from the stuff from the new album, I've seen them do every other song they did tonight before, which is not what I expect from Clutch and if they're going to do that, I don't need to see them every time they come around anymore.

This was the best set I've ever seen them play:

Slow Hole to China
50,000 Unstoppable Watts
Struck Down >
Pure Rock Fury
Minotaur
Newt Gingrich
Cypress Grove
Spacegrass
New Song
Pig Town Blues
Gravel Road >