PDA

View Full Version : New Korn album due in the fall with Head back

DisposableJustice
07-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Disclaimer: The last Korn album that I really liked was Untouchables back in 2002, everything else since then for me has been supper meh or wtf. It is however something to keep an eye on since this album will be with Guitarist Brian "Head" Welch for the first time since Take a look in the mirror. Does this mean the album will be great? no, I don't expect a lot but it's as close to old Korn as you will get

btw, lame album title.......

‘THE PARADIGM SHIFT’ TO LAND IN STORES OCTOBER 1, 2013
July 10, 2013 at 9:46pm

KORN

REVEAL TITLE AND RELEASE DATE FOR THEIR 11th STUDIO ALBUM

‘THE PARADIGM SHIFT’ TO LAND IN STORES OCTOBER 1, 2013

ON PROSPECT PARK

Grammy Award-winning multiplatinum hard rockinnovators KORNwill unveil their 11th studioalbum, THE PARADIGM SHIFT,in stores and via digital retailers on October1, 2013 on Prospect Park.

THE PARADIGM SHIFT marks theemotional return of co-founding guitarist Brian"Head" Welch for hisfirst album with KORN since 2003's Take a Look in the Mirror, and it serves as the follow-up tothe band’s 2011 critically acclaimedtrend-setting dubstep metal hybrid, ThePath of Totality, which debuted Top10 on the Billboard Top200 chart and was named RevolverMagazine's "Album of theYear."

THE PARADIGM SHIFT is also KORN’s first time working with superproducer Don Gilmore [Linkin Park’s The Hybrid Theory, etc.] who recorded the album with theband at Buck Owens' studio in theiroriginal hometown Bakersfield and atLos Angeles's famed NRG Recording Studios. They initiallyannounced Head's return via acaptivating clip on RollingStone.com and wenton to discuss the reunion together in this in-depth interview on ARTISTdirect.com.

The rockluminaries recently embarked on their reunion run stateside headlining the soldout Rock on the Range Festival whichdrew over 40,000 fans in Columbus, OH andmaking stops at Rocklahoma and more.Currently, they are raging across Europe,playing coveted main stage spots at Download,Rock am Ring, Rock im Park, and more.

THE PARADIGM SHIFT holds aspecial significance for these musicians. Guitarist James "Munky" Shaffer explains, "It's a term encompassingdifferent perspectives. You can view a piece of art from one angle and it takeson a certain image. If you look from another angle, it's a completely differentimage. We liken that to KORN in 2013. With Head back in the fold, all of the elements fans have loved sinceday one are there, but we're interpreting them from a new perspective. It's a bigger,brighter, and bolder KORN."

Be prepared for another staggering, seismicand soaring offering from KORN

https://www.facebook.com/notes/korn/the-paradigm-shift-to-land-in-stores-october-1-2013/598320760199504

dcmetal108
07-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Looking forward to it so hopefully next spring or so that means another full US Korn tour.

AnthG
07-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Huge Korn fan, but my expectations for this album are not very high. It'll probably be on par with Korn III. Although at least the album title is better than their last few they've had.

mankvill
07-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Paradigm Shift - Annihilation

MPF
07-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Also Liquid Tension Experiment- Paradigm Shift

SepticFlesh13
07-10-2013, 11:04 PM
So a few years back, Korn gave Head to God and now God is giving Head back to Korn?

InFlamesOfBirchmen
07-10-2013, 11:33 PM
I'm calling it now; Mayhem Fest 2014 headliners.

DisposableJustice
07-10-2013, 11:43 PM

OH SHIT SON

quickly someone make the new thread

lolz

(but I bet you are right)

hellawaits77ny
07-11-2013, 03:06 AM
Cool. Yeah I don't think it'll be outstanding, but I'm still looking forward to checking it out.

ravenheart
07-11-2013, 03:34 AM
I didn't mind Take A Look In The Mirror. Even some of See You On The Other Side was OK. Untouchables is the only one I really listen to though.

Not expecting much from this at all.

ravenheart
07-11-2013, 03:35 AM
So a few years back, Korn gave Head to God and now God is giving Head back to Korn?

It's always best to reciprocate.

marker
07-11-2013, 10:01 AM

Probably them or Disturbed, maybe both.

DisposableJustice
07-12-2013, 04:01 AM
http://loudwire.com/heads-korner-making-the-shift-back-into-korn/

An article done by Head on his road playing with Korn this summer and starting the new album

The one thing that caught my eye and was a bit creepy is Head said during rehearsals for the tour that he cut his hand on his guitar, but.............the guitar tech wouldn't help him because "he didn't want to touch my blood, so I cleaned it up myself"

wat

DementedX14
07-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Probably them or Disturbed, maybe both.

Hmm.. hopefully not, I want them to bring back the Family Values tour.

Steev
07-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Hmm.. hopefully not, I want them to bring back the Family Values tour.

The market is flooded, it'd be better as a fall tour

Dextrimental
07-13-2013, 03:16 PM
I really enjoy Korn, the last proper album, the one before the Dubstep, was okay to me. I'm sure I'll enjoy this, hopefully it has more the weird funk heaviness of the earlier records in there.

DisposableJustice
07-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Album art

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Korn-The-Paradigm-Shift.jpg

ok I guess they have done much better album covers

RampinUp46
07-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Album art

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Korn-The-Paradigm-Shift.jpg

ok I guess they have done much better album covers

...it looks sort of like a Tool album.

DisposableJustice
07-29-2013, 11:22 AM
...it looks sort of like a Tool album.

lol that is what metalsucks said (I got the picture from their site).

and yes, take the name off and people would think it is the new Tool album

InFlamesOfBirchmen
07-29-2013, 12:26 PM
lol that is what metalsucks said (I got the picture from their site).

and yes, take the name off and people would think it is the new Tool album

Yeah, definitely has an Alex Grey vibe to it. Seems a little too artsy for Korn in my opinion, but good for them.

DisposableJustice
08-03-2013, 04:11 AM
Tracklist

1. "Prey for Me"
2. "Love & Meth"
3. "What We Do"
4. "Spike in My Veins" (featuring Noisia)
5. "Mass Hysteria"
6. "Paranoid and Aroused"
7. "Never Never"
8. "Punishment Time"
9. "Lullaby for a Sadist"
10. "Victimized"
11. "It's All Wrong"
12. "Wish I Wasn't Born Today" (Bonus Deluxe)
13. "Tell Me What You Want" (Bonus Deluxe)

"Never Never" is going to be the first single and will be released On Aug 5th

http://kornrow.com/korns-never-never-to-premier-monday/

Paranoid and Aroused gave me a laugh :lol:

snowdog2112
08-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Heard the new song I like it

AnthG
08-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Oh Korn, why have you forsaken me?

MPF
08-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Oh Korn, why have you forsaken me?

You meant for this phrase to be used in 2004 right?

AnthG
08-07-2013, 03:14 PM
I've used it on more than one occasion.

DisposableJustice
08-07-2013, 06:55 PM
What a let down

Granted I wasn't expecting the Korn of old but listening to Never Never was pretty boring; yea it was a low quality radio rip and I'll still give the album a shot but all I'm saying is there better be better shit coming

snowdog2112
08-08-2013, 09:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V_ZD40H2uM&feature=player_embedded&t=3

300%_Density
08-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Not great. It's not dubstep so by definition its already not the worst stuff they've ever released. Its probably the single anyway, again by definition it will probably be one of the worst songs on the album. If this is the worst song on the album it should still be a good album. I'm holding out hope (tiny hope though).

hellawaits77ny
08-08-2013, 10:54 AM
That song was atrocious. Wasn't really expecting anything outstanding, but this is just bad. Hope the rest of the album is better. If the rest of the album sounds like this, we might as well call them "Kornadeth", as it's obvious their only out to sell records for the boppers and sheep.

AnthG
08-10-2013, 06:54 AM
The song is on Korn's facebook page. Now after hearing a high quality version and hearing everything clearly, the song is still bad.

DisposableJustice
08-12-2013, 11:34 AM
David Silveria be trollin'

From a post off of WOLVERINEKILLS facebook page:

Asked by fans on his Facebook page if he has heard the new KORN single "Never Never", Silveria replied: "For all the fans asking, the answer is no, I have not heard a new KORN song. All I can say is I'm sure it's not funky and groovy like the original KORN. I don't even need to hear it to know that."

To be fair, Korn hasn't really sounds like the "original Korn" since 2003 so in a way he is trolling himself, no?

marker
08-12-2013, 11:54 AM
David Silveria be trollin'

From a post off of WOLVERINEKILLS facebook page:

To be fair, Korn hasn't really sounds like the "original Korn" since 2003 so in a way he is trolling himself, no?

Who knows, I forgot that dickhead wasn't in the band. That's a long break, maybe he'll never come back.

AnthG
08-12-2013, 01:29 PM
When I met Korn in 2006 through a fan club meet and greet contest, He was probably the worst of the band members. Not necessarily a dick, but just came across as incredibly uninterested.

marker
08-12-2013, 05:56 PM
When I met Korn in 2006 through a fan club meet and greet contest, He was probably the worst of the band members. Not necessarily a dick, but just came across as incredibly uninterested.

I guess I shouldn't be so mean. Anyways, at least he showed up for the meet and greet. You have guys like Tommy Lee who refuse to do that stuff, while the other three members do it.

Steev
08-12-2013, 08:47 PM
KoRn is doing a radio Fest that is with Asking Alexandria, POD, Device, and what looks like ADTR's fall tour package

DisposableJustice
08-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Another song released, "Love and Meth"...not the full song

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/heres-the-new-korn-song-love-meth-in-its-entirety

much better than "Never Never"

Note: the article says in its entirety but it's not they screwed something up

El Gordo
08-24-2013, 03:21 AM
Another song released, "Love and Meth"...not the full song

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/heres-the-new-korn-song-love-meth-in-its-entirety

much better than "Never Never"

Note: the article says in its entirety but it's not they screwed something up

It's better, but still pretty fucking awful. I was never a Korn fan, but both these new songs just flat out SUCK.

300%_Density
09-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Leaked earlier and I went to check it out, trying to be hopeful that maybe Head might be the kick in the ass that they so desperately needed. In a word, no. Head has made no difference whatsoever to this album. Opening song Prey For Me, not a terrible song. That is about as good as it gets. Everything else is still boring. Nothing that would make anybody draw any kind of similarities to the glory days of Korn from the 90s. Boring songwriting, boring music. I was really a huge fan of the album right before the dubstep album and felt like they were more in the right direction w/ that. This is a pretty big step back considering Head came back.

I still love older Korn but this is a forgettable album. As much of a non fan of the Untitled album, which I thought was their low point (dubstep album not included) there was still 2-3 songs I liked from it. This has 1, maybe 2 decent songs. Another bad one from Korn. Please get that funk element back that you used to have. You have one of the more distinctive sounding bass players in metal/hard rock. Try using him where you can actually hear his bass.

dcmetal108
09-30-2013, 08:50 PM
I saw for $100 on their tour right now you can stand in a cage in the middle of the stage and watch the set. That doesn't include a ticket though. They also have like 8 other VIP packages, none of which include a ticket.

illuminatus917
10-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Supposedly streaming in its entirety here:

http://www.pandora.com/station/play/1411412518987239135/3561631387359