PDA

View Full Version : Gigantour -- Canandaigua, NY -- July 6th, 2013

300%_Density
07-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Hadn't seen this posted yet and not much is going on here so what better than a Megadeth set to get everyone griping? Got these off of setlist.

Megadeth:

Trust
Hangar 18
Kingmaker
She-Wolf
Skin o' My Teeth
Architecture of Aggression
Sweating Bullets
Ashes in Your Mouth
Hook in Mouth
A Tout Le Monde
Super Collider
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
-------------------
Cold Sweat
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

BLS:

Godspeed Hell Bound
Destruction Overdrive
Bleed for Me
Forever Down
Guitar Solo
Parade of the Dead
Overlord
Guitar Solo
Suicide Messiah
Concrete Jungle
Stillborn

Newsted:

Heroic Dose
Soldierhead
...As the Crow Flies
King of the Underdogs
Twisted Tail of the Comet

Wow. So Megadeth was predictably bad. He is done w/ the Countdown tour, is 5 songs still that necessary? Especially since I'm sure people went to that show as well as Gigantour. Trust is still doing its job killing the crowd for the opener. The not worst thing is not much off new album. Kingmaker still isn't terrible IMO, and I like the Thin Lizzy cover. 2 out of 3 not terrible songs from the album is ok w/ me. Other than that par for the Megadeth course.

BLS set is worse than Megadeths. Love Order of the Black, not songs picked. Definitely not the opener. 2 solos when you aren't even the headlining band is goddamned ridiculous. Nothing but singles pretty much. Boring.

Didn't get set for Hellyeah or Device but I'm sure everybody will sleep just fine w/o those sets.

hellawaits77ny
07-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Per usual, that Megadeth setlist is a shame.

Maideneer
07-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Megadeth:

Trust
Hangar 18
Kingmaker
She-Wolf
Skin o' My Teeth
Architecture of Aggression
Sweating Bullets
Ashes in Your Mouth
Hook in Mouth
A Tout Le Monde
Super Collider
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
-------------------
Cold Sweat
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

Earth to Dave...

Trust
A Tout Le Monde
Sweating Bullets
She-Wolf

These need a rest...for a long time. You know, Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings are actual albums, not maxi-singles. Songs like The Disintegrators and Addicted To Chaos do actually exist, so act like it!

300%_Density
07-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Earth to Dave...

Trust
A Tout Le Monde
Sweating Bullets
She-Wolf

These need a rest...for a long time. You know, Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings are actual albums, not maxi-singles. Songs like The Disintegrators and Addicted To Chaos do actually exist, so act like it!

Disintegrators would actually be quite welcome. That's all I care for out of CW but it would be a nice change. According to setlist, the last time it was played was '98. Don't like the chances.

DisposableJustice
07-08-2013, 10:00 AM
well I can't say I'm surprised with Dave not being creative at all with the set; song for song it is has been almost the same songs with the change of new album songs and that is only 2, 3 songs tops. Super stale and I'm glad I'm not wasting my money for basically the same set I got on Gignatour 2012 (not to mention now with subpar new songs, sans Kingmaker)

Hey, weren't Dave and Jason thinking about covering a Metallica song together? Or did that already happen earlier in the tour?

jhdeity
07-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Wow i wouldn't go to this show if you paid me. Can someone inform Zakk that Funeral Bell is one of his best songs? He must have missed that memo.

Horrible Nutstain setlist as usual. Like Hook in Mouth staying in there but more for nostalgic reasons. Just awful...

DisposableJustice
07-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Here Dave, let me help you...

Trust Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Hangar 18
Kingmaker
She-Wolf Train of Consequences
Skin o' My Teeth In My Darkest Hour
Architecture of Aggression Killing is My Business...and Buisness is Good
Sweating Bullets
Ashes in Your MouthAngry Again
Hook in Mouth
A Tout Le Monde
Super Collider
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
-------------------
Cold Sweat
Holy Wars... The Punishment DueRattlehead

There that is even 10% then what has been going on the past 3-4 years

mankvill
07-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Dave will never play anything off the first album ever again. It's just a fact.

Derelict
07-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Man, She Wolf was annoying when i saw it performed on the tour for CW, can't believe its still in the set. Awful, awful song.

MetalIsArt
07-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Per usual, that Megadeth setlist is a shame.

As is that Newsted set.

MetalIsArt
07-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Earth to Dave...

Trust
A Tout Le Monde
Sweating Bullets
She-Wolf

Train of consequences
Reckoning day
Family tree
Mastermind

JRA
07-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Any Megadeth setlist with Hook In Mouth and Ashes In Your Mouth is by definition not a shame. The only things wrong with that set are a) Tornado of Souls isn't in it and b) he needs to stop opening with Trust.

ravenheart
07-08-2013, 12:14 PM
As is that Newsted set.

What did you expect him to do?

TheClairvoyant
07-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Any Megadeth setlist with Hook In Mouth and Ashes In Your Mouth is by definition not a shame. The only things wrong with that set are a) Tornado of Souls isn't in it and b) he needs to stop opening with Trust.

When I saw them on their UK tour, Ashes In Your Mouth sounded terrible live. You're right about Tornado and Trust though.

Travis The Dragon
07-08-2013, 01:53 PM
I'll never stop thanking my lucky stars that I saw them when they did all of RIP.

TonyD
07-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Well so much for hyping the Dave/Jason playing a Metallica song thing.
BLS set it sort of mailed in again. Forever Down and Bleed For Me are nice additions but it's pretty much the same as what they played on the Judas Priest tour.
Megadeth set is meh as expected.

Even though this isn't coming anywhere near me, I would only have hypothetically gone if the sets were out of the ordinary. They're not, so I won't hypothetically be spending any money on this show.

DisposableJustice
07-08-2013, 07:33 PM
I'll never stop thanking my lucky stars that I saw them when they did all of RIP.

This; out of the 4 times I've seen them RIP in full blew everything out of the water

Maideneer
07-08-2013, 07:44 PM

lol and they still managed to play Trust and A Tout Le Monde on that tour.

DisposableJustice
07-08-2013, 08:05 PM
lol and they still managed to play Trust and A Tout Le Monde on that tour.

Gotta take some meh with the great

IrritatedTrout
07-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Architecture is awesome at least.

300%_Density
07-08-2013, 08:44 PM
I also thought Endgame was really good tour as well. Not RIP good but as far as touring for albums it seems best in recent memory. I can even excuse having to see Suicide Silence on that tour.

Butcher of Birth
07-08-2013, 09:29 PM
I wish Endgame was their last album... These recent tours are getting more and more sad.

It's nice to see him playing "other" CTE songs, but the others need to go away as stated earlier. The lack of Youthanasia is truly sad; a great album tossed away.

hellawaits77ny
07-09-2013, 04:39 AM
I wish Endgame was their last album... These recent tours are getting more and more sad.

I still think Megadeth are still capable of making good albums, so I won't totally agree, but I do agree each tour has been worse. And both albums since Endgame have been exponentailly worse.

Sanitarium78
07-09-2013, 07:12 AM
The lack of Youthanasia is truly sad; a great album tossed away.

Yeah, what they fuck happened to Reckoning Day? That riff fuckin kills live.

MetalIsArt
07-09-2013, 07:57 AM
What did you expect him to do?

Do you honestly like his solo material?

People only want him play to Metallica stuff.

MetalIsArt
07-09-2013, 07:58 AM
I also thought Endgame was really good tour as well. Not RIP good but as far as touring for albums it seems best in recent memory. I can even excuse having to see Suicide Silence on that tour.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Endgame quite a bit. My favorite track is deadly nightshade...

MetalIsArt
07-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Yeah, what they fuck happened to Reckoning Day? That riff fuckin kills live.

Maybe it's actually Satanic... :eyes:

Sanitarium78
07-09-2013, 08:40 AM

If people are only want Newstead to play Metallica stuff then they are complete idiots. He never wrote that much material with them and was never the lead singer. Why on earth would anyone expect him to play all Metallica songs?

ravenheart
07-09-2013, 08:54 AM

Yes, absolutely. And so do a lot of other people from what I've witnessed so far. I've seen him twice, and both times everyone was into his solo stuff and weren't shouting for Metallica songs the whole time.

I did expect him to do more than just the one Metallica song, for sure. Especially given that the one he is doing isn't one he played on. But whatever, I'm only really interested in him doing Metallica songs if he's going to bust out stuff from Load and ReLoad that Metallica never play. Otherwise, I'll go see Metallica.

Steev
07-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Yes, absolutely. And so do a lot of other people from what I've witnessed so far. I've seen him twice, and both times everyone was into his solo stuff and weren't shouting for Metallica songs the whole time.

I did expect him to do more than just the one Metallica song, for sure. Especially given that the one he is doing isn't one he played on. But whatever, I'm only really interested in him doing Metallica songs if he's going to bust out stuff from Load and ReLoad that Metallica never play. Otherwise, I'll go see Metallica.

Agreed, I'd be stoked for King Nothing or Waste My Hate(which they'd play the beginning of when they ended shows back in 2009, fucking tease)

MetalIsArt
07-10-2013, 04:35 AM
If people are only want Newstead to play Metallica stuff then they are complete idiots. He never wrote that much material with them and was never the lead singer. Why on earth would anyone expect him to play all Metallica songs?

Because his solo material is a big meh, at least imho.

But the GMM audience is probably alone in only reacting to the Metallica songs he plays.