PDA

View Full Version : Music Midtown 2013

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-18-2013, 06:53 AM
The annual Music Midtown Festival that is held in Atlanta has released it's line-up for this year.It takes place September 20th-21st at Piedmont Park.There will be three stages this year instead of just two like previous years.Tickets go on sale June 22nd at 10:00 am I believe.Here is the line-up for this years:

Friday, September 20:
Journey
Jane's Addiction
2 Chainz
Phoenix
Cake
North Mississippi Allstars
The Mowgli's
Drivin N' Cryin

Saturday, September 21:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Queens Of The Stone Age
Imagine Dragons
Weezer
Kendrick Lamar
Arctic Monkeys
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Tegan And Sara
The Black Lips
Reignwolf
The Neighbourhood
ZZ Ward
Mona
Capitol Cities

Pretty diverse as usual, but Journey is a definite surprise.I've never been to this festival before, but I might consider going this year for day one alone.

dcmetal108
06-18-2013, 07:23 AM
2 Chainz yo!

slapguitarer
06-18-2013, 07:53 AM
Day two is the better of the two.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-18-2013, 01:40 PM
I'll probably end up wanting to watch everyone but 2 Chainz and Jane's Addiction on the first day (not to familiar with Cake or North Mississippi Allstars though), and I guess I will watch all of the second day even though I'm not a fan of really anyone of those bands (Queens Of The Stone Age is the best one on there I would say).Only reason I'll probably end up going on the second day is because the rest of my family is obsessed with Imagine Dragons.

dcmetal108
06-18-2013, 07:06 PM
I'll probably end up wanting to watch everyone but 2 Chainz and Jane's Addiction on the first day (not to familiar with Cake or North Mississippi Allstars though), and I guess I will watch all of the second day even though I'm not a fan of really anyone of those bands (Queens Of The Stone Age is the best one on there I would say).Only reason I'll probably end up going on the second day is because the rest of my family is obsessed with Imagine Dragons.

Who the fuck doesn't love Weezer?

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-18-2013, 07:12 PM

The answer to your question is me, never had the appeal whatsoever

PVH5150
06-18-2013, 07:15 PM
The only song I've heard by Imagine Dragons is "Radioactive", and that song alone makes me want to take a bullet in my brain.

I'd wanna see Drivin' N' Cryin'. Those guys are great.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-18-2013, 07:20 PM
The only song I've heard by Imagine Dragons is "Radioactive", and that song alone makes me want to take a bullet in my brain.

I'd wanna see Drivin' N' Cryin'. Those guys are great.

:lol:

But yea Drivin' N' Cryin' should be a great show.I'm very curious to see how long Journey's set will end up being.Anyway, I'm almost 100% sure I'm going, because my band has some paying gigs coming up fortunately :party:

XDoomsayerX
06-18-2013, 07:35 PM

The guy who is most excited for Journey. :lol:

dcmetal108
06-18-2013, 08:09 PM
The guy who is most excited for Journey. :lol:

:lol: tis true, tis true

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-19-2013, 04:26 AM
:lol: tis true, tis true

You bet it is, Journey is WAY better than Weezer

dcmetal108
06-19-2013, 07:32 AM

Said NOT A SINGLE FUCKING PERSON! :lol:

XDoomsayerX
06-19-2013, 09:23 AM

what modern music do ya like? I mean that arent those glam revival bands. Just curious cuz it seems ya missed out all your faves in their prime days.

dcmetal108
06-19-2013, 09:50 AM
what modern music do ya like? I mean that arent those glam revival bands. Just curious cuz it seems ya missed out all your faves in their prime days.

He enjoys Black Veil Brides. :nonono:

anomynous
06-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Fuck Weezer

justinm4bama
06-19-2013, 10:11 AM
:lol:

But yea Drivin' N' Cryin' should be a great show.I'm very curious to see how long Journey's set will end up being.Anyway, I'm almost 100% sure I'm going, because my band has some paying gigs coming up fortunately :party:

Which band are you in?

mankvill
06-19-2013, 10:33 AM
You can feel however you want about Weezer but if you don't rank their first two albums in the top 20 albums of the 90s then you are a tryhard loser.

JRA
06-19-2013, 11:04 AM
You can feel however you want about Weezer but if you don't rank their first two albums in the top 20 albums of the 90s then you are a tryhard loser.

21. Weezer- Pinkerton
20. Weezer- Weezer
19. Ace of Base- The Bridge
18. Emperor- In The Nightside Eclipse
17. GZA- Liquid Swords
16. Death- Symbolic
15. Gorgoroth- Antichrist
14. Nas- Illmatic
13. Immortal- At The Heart of Winter
12. Kreator- Coma of Souls
11. Burzum- Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
10. Gamma Ray- Powerplant
9. Carcass- Necroticism: Descanting The Insalubrious
8. Eric. B & Rakim- Don't Sweat The Technique
7. Overkill- Horrorscope
6. Darkthrone- Transilvanian Hunger
5. Morbid Angel- Blessed Are The Sick
4. Wu-Tang Clan- Enter The Wu-Tang
3. Judas Priest- Painkiller
2. Megadeth- Rust In Peace
1. Ol Dirty Bastard- Nigga Please

mankvill
06-19-2013, 11:16 AM
21. Weezer- Pinkerton
20. Weezer- Weezer
17. GZA- Liquid Swords
16. Death- Symbolic
14. Nas- Illmatic
7. Overkill- Horrorscope

And the fact that you don't have any Radiohead just means you a silly bitch

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-19-2013, 11:24 AM

I guess that makes me the biggest tryhard loser there is (like that means anything to me)

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Which band are you in?

I'm in a band called Houseofthomas, it's actually my Dad's band, I just recently joined.Our sound is kinda like Journey/U2/Crush-era Bon Jovi.We are all Christians but we don't call ourselves a "Christian Rock" band, because that label limits you a lot.We're not preachy, we're just a rock band with a positive message that hopefully people, Christians and Non-Christians, can relate to.If you know what U2 sings about, that's basically the kinda stuff we do.

JRA
06-19-2013, 11:39 AM
And the fact that you don't have any Radiohead just means you a silly bitch

22. Weezer- Pinkerton
21. Weezer- Weezer
20. Radiohead- The Bends
17. GZA- Liquid Swords
16. Death- Symbolic
14. Nas- Illmatic
7. Overkill- Horrorscope

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-19-2013, 11:42 AM

W.E.T. (AOR not glam metal), Poweglove, Firewind, Buckcherry (I consider them glam but a lot of people might not), Alestorm, White Wizzard, Lordi, DragonForce, Three Days Grace (early), Black Veil Brides (again, I consider them glam but most people here don't), Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Needtobreathe, probably more but that's all I can think of for now.

dcmetal108
06-19-2013, 12:26 PM
W.E.T. (AOR not glam metal), Poweglove, Firewind, Buckcherry (I consider them glam but a lot of people might not), Alestorm, White Wizzard, Lordi, DragonForce, Three Days Grace (early), Black Veil Brides (again, I consider them glam but most people here don't), Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Needtobreathe, probably more but that's all I can think of for now.

Everyone on here considers them shit :lol:

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Everyone on here considers them shit :lol:

Your point?

mankvill
06-19-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm in a band called Houseofthomas, it's actually my Dad's band, I just recently joined.Our sound is kinda like Journey/U2/Crush-era Bon Jovi.We are all Christians but we don't call ourselves a "Christian Rock" band, because that label limits you a lot.We're not preachy, we're just a rock band with a positive message that hopefully people, Christians and Non-Christians, can relate to.If you know what U2 sings about, that's basically the kinda stuff we do.

hail satan, friend

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-19-2013, 02:53 PM
hail satan, friend

Your point?

dcmetal108
06-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Your point?

fuck god, fuck satan

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-19-2013, 06:38 PM
fuck god, fuck satan

I don't ask you to believe in what I believe, all I ask is for some respect to my beliefs.I respect your choice to not believe in it, so please respect mine.No flame wars please on how I'm stupid for believing in something that you don't.

TheDeadPanda
06-19-2013, 06:53 PM
I don't ask you to believe in what I believe, all I ask is for some respect to my beliefs.I respect your choice to not believe in it, so please respect mine.No flame wars please on how I'm stupid for believing in something that you don't.

This.

dcmetal108
06-19-2013, 07:21 PM

God dammit read my post right! The second fuck is in italics so read it slowly! ITS A SEX JOKE! WHY U SO YUNG!

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-19-2013, 07:34 PM
God dammit read my post right! The second fuck is in italics so read it slowly! ITS A SEX JOKE! WHY U SO YUNG!

That's a stupid question, but I'm sorry I took it the wrong way, it's just when I see a sentence like that I get defensive.

Ommie
06-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Well this got confusing and awkward quick... :hmm:

uh... Saturday line-up is cool I guess?

dcmetal108
06-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Well this got confusing and awkward quick... :hmm:

uh... Saturday line-up is cool I guess?

Did you expect anything less! :lol:

Ommie
06-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Did you expect anything less! :lol:
When mankvill said "hail satan" I was fearing the worst. Your post helped confirm my fears and then some. :lol:

slapguitarer
06-19-2013, 08:30 PM
God is dumb. Satan is dumb. Hail Crom

kalfitegrdan
06-19-2013, 09:28 PM
fuck god, fuck satan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5qcD2WD9Ng&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sanitarium78
06-20-2013, 06:34 AM

I don't. But then again, I'm fortunate to be old enough where I didn't have to grow up with shitty bands like them;)

300%_Density
06-20-2013, 07:59 AM

:barf:

I'm pretty ok being a loser if that's the case.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-20-2013, 09:31 AM
:barf:

I'm pretty ok being a loser if that's the case.

This.

XDoomsayerX
06-20-2013, 09:52 AM

Sooo powermetal gotcha.

Anyways y'all niggas take shit too seriously getting offended by fuck jesus and satan shit.

Weezer still rules and Saturday line-up is hands-down the best though cant go wrong with my boi 2-2-2 Chaiinzzz :tongue:

John The Drummer
06-20-2013, 03:11 PM
*YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*