PDA

View Full Version : Slayer -- Warsaw, Poland -- June 4th, 2013

Sepultura69
06-05-2013, 06:51 PM
source: setlist.fm

I refuse to call this band slayer. Anyways, this is from last nights show. First show with bostaph back on the kit and slayers first gig since the death of jeff.

World Painted Blood
Hallowed Point
War Ensemble
Hate Worldwide
At Dawn They Sleep
Stain of Mind
Disciple
Bloodline
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Seasons in the Abyss
Dead Skin Mask
Raining Blood
South of Heaven
Angel of Death

Shit talking aside....I do love this setlist... :tongue:

I still refuse to call this band slayer. From here on out they are officially called "The Tom araya and Kerry King Experience" :hmm:

it will only be a matter of time until Cheese or Turkey fix the title to "slayer".. :hmm:

hellawaits77ny
06-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Agreed, it's no longer Slayer. A rather mundane setlist, but I like me some Hallowed Point and love me some At Dawn They Sleep.

Sepultura69
06-05-2013, 07:02 PM
I like me some Hallowed Point and love me some At Dawn They Sleep.

don't we all :cool:

Coma323
06-05-2013, 07:11 PM
At Dawn They Sleep is great although you'd think they would throw in some more Bostaph era songs.

Sepultura69
06-05-2013, 07:15 PM
At Dawn They Sleep is great although you'd think they would throw in some more Bostaph era songs.

I feel you on that one. Throw in some "ditto head", "killing fields", "Divine Intervention", and we're good to go.

Sepultura69
06-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Dammit! The mods changed the title of the thread to "Slayer"... :(

To me it will always remain as the "tom and kerry experience" :hmm:

hellawaits77ny
06-05-2013, 08:46 PM
I feel you on that one. Throw in some "ditto head", "killing fields", "Divine Intervention", and we're good to go.

I would have chest pains if they played the latter 2!

hot_turkey_ed
06-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Dammit! The mods changed the title of the thread to "Slayer"... :(

To me it will always remain as the "tom and kerry experience" :hmm:

Other guys beat me to it...wasn't me... but damn straight I would change it.

:whipped:

DisposableJustice
06-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Hmmm pretty good, I find the lack of Hell Awaits a no-no

Would love to hear some Paul era stuff, like DI, Killing fields, and my favorite of that era: 213:rocker:

DisposableJustice
06-05-2013, 11:25 PM
btw, today (6/6) is international Tom and Kerry Experience Day, so I will be listening to the Tom and Kerry Experience ;)

kngdymond
06-05-2013, 11:44 PM
I guess slayer Tom and Kerry should pack it up cause daves quit the band like 6 times now ( I was at the show here in hollywood in 87 when he bailed the first time) and seen as many shows over the years with him as without

As for Jeff he had been drinking hard for a long time and it caught up to him
plain and simple he had been out of the band for 2 years plus. He seems to have isolated himself as addicts tend to do its sad really cause he started all of this music we all love

the fact is with Gary and Paul they are a sick ass unit PERIOD
hate away but as noted above its better than nothing

JEFF RIP

jhdeity
06-05-2013, 11:45 PM
HALLOWED POINT!

mankvill
06-06-2013, 12:22 AM
finish this tour, do a farewell show and hang it up

in a perfect world, that's what would happen.

MetalIsArt
06-06-2013, 12:36 AM

Would love to hear some Paul era stuff, like DI, Killing fields, and my favorite of that era: 213:rocker:

Yeah dude, I've been listening to Diabolus quite a lot lately.

hellawaits77ny
06-06-2013, 04:53 AM

No Hell Awaits makes Hellawaits77 a sad panda.

Erotic sensations tingle my spine. A dead body lying next mine. Fuck yeah w/ the DI tunes. SEX.MURDER.ART - always thought that would be a sick opener.

And I know DIM is largely disliked, but I wouldn't mind seeing more tunes from it since Paul is back. Was cool they played Bitter Peace back in '07 (and maybe since, can't remember) and that they brought back Stain of Mind. Flame if you feel it's neccessary, but In The Name of God is probably one of my top 10-15 Slayer tunes. I mean, Slayer essentially has 10ish songs they play every show (or nearly every). Wouldn't mind seeing some of them go for rare tunes.

hellawaits77ny
06-06-2013, 04:53 AM
finish this tour, do a farewell show and hang it up

in a perfect world, that's what would happen.

Yep. In a truly perfect world, Dave would be behind the kit.

MetalIsArt
06-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Yep. In a truly perfect world, Dave would be behind the kit.

But he isn't. It's not his fault Kerry is a dick, but Bostaph is a perfect replacement, better than Hoglan.

Sepultura69
06-06-2013, 08:08 AM
In a perfect world they should kick out gary holt and replace him with andreas kisser, replace tom araya on bass with Paulo xisto Jr. Have Tom do strictly vocals and change the name of the band to Sepulslayer....OR Slayertulla

That way they can do both slayer, and sepultura covers. lolz, raining blood followed by refuse-resist... :hecho:

MetalIsArt
06-06-2013, 08:18 AM
In a perfect world they should kick out gary holt and replace him with andreas kisser, replace tom araya on bass with Paulo xisto Jr. Have Tom do strictly vocals and change the name of the band to Sepulslayer....OR Slayertulla

That way they can do both slayer, and sepultura covers. lolz, raining blood followed by refuse-resist... :hecho:

In a truly perfect world, Sepultura would reunite. And not work with Robinson.

;):D

El Gordo
06-06-2013, 09:24 AM
I guess slayer Tom and Kerry should pack it up cause daves quit the band like 6 times now ( I was at the show here in hollywood in 87 when he bailed the first time) and seen as many shows over the years with him as without

As for Jeff he had been drinking hard for a long time and it caught up to him
plain and simple he had been out of the band for 2 years plus. He seems to have isolated himself as addicts tend to do its sad really cause he started all of this music we all love

the fact is with Gary and Paul they are a sick ass unit PERIOD
hate away but as noted above its better than nothing

JEFF RIP

To be fair, Jeff was suffering from a flesh-eating disease. I would assume he was pretty depressed and had a lot of time on his hands. He was already a heavy drinker, so the logical thing happened. Anyway, not making excuses, but he was unable to be in the band for 2 years plus.

anomynous
06-06-2013, 01:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMGsb6dCAAAY_Je.jpg:large

PowerMaiden
06-06-2013, 04:47 PM
kudos on that backdrop and on people mentioning that they shoud play 213. It's my 2 nd favourite song ever (after Hell Awaits)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Litany
06-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Honestly, Divine Intervention is my favorite Slayer album.

Sepultura69
06-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Wow, "At Dawn They Sleep" sounds great. It's not the original line up anymore but goddamn they definitely stepped their game up. Tom sounds amazing. :bowdown:
3sZ7D_QDWOc

hellawaits77ny
06-07-2013, 06:04 AM
That backdrop is sick.

Maideneer
06-07-2013, 10:06 AM
War Ensemble
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Seasons in the Abyss
Dead Skin Mask
Raining Blood
South of Heaven
Angel of Death

These songs need a long rest. That's right I said it. Why is it always best of hour with these guys?

Replace with:

Screaming From The Sky
Serenity In Murder
Kill Again
Skeletons Of Society
Fight Till Death
Cleanse The Soul
Gemini
Necrophiliac

In any event, this shouldn't even be happening, it's Slayer watered down to 60%.

mankvill
06-07-2013, 10:18 AM
These songs need a long rest. That's right I said it. Why is it always best of hour with these guys?

Replace with:

Screaming From The Sky
Serenity In Murder
Kill Again
Skeletons Of Society
Fight Till Death
Cleanse The Soul
Gemini
Necrophiliac

In any event, this shouldn't even be happening, it's Slayer watered down to 60%.

they will never ever not play Angel of Death or Raining Blood. Ever. There's a better chance of Maiden not playing Iron Maiden and The Number Of The Beast.

Derelict
06-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Little ironic to use the Heineken logo when Jeff drank himself to death, eh?

JRA
06-07-2013, 10:33 AM

Replace with:

Screaming From The Sky
Serenity In Murder
Kill Again
Skeletons Of Society
Fight Till Death
Cleanse The Soul
Gemini
Necrophiliac

You should trip and fall face first into broken glass covered concrete for even thinking Chemical Warfare should be replaced. Especially if one of your choices was Gemini.

300%_Density
06-07-2013, 10:55 AM
I wish I could have that backdrop in my living room.

Maideneer
06-07-2013, 03:24 PM
they will never ever not play Angel of Death or Raining Blood. Ever. There's a better chance of Maiden not playing Iron Maiden and The Number Of The Beast.

I know that. But it's nice to escape reality sometimes.

Maideneer
06-07-2013, 03:25 PM
You should trip and fall face first into broken glass covered concrete for even thinking Chemical Warfare should be replaced. Especially if one of your choices was Gemini.

Well ouch. And what's wrong with Gemini? Good song, I've seen it done before in '98, it rocked.

JRA
06-07-2013, 03:48 PM
There's a better chance of Maiden not playing Iron Maiden and The Number Of The Beast.

And they actually did do that. Not play NOTB.

Incidentally, Slayer has played sets without Angel of Death. I know this because they didn't the first time I saw them. Pretty weird actually. But I don't think they'll ever not play Raining Blood. Both Jeff and Kerry admitted that.

El Gordo
06-07-2013, 06:07 PM

My name is Gord and I approve of this message.