PDA

View Full Version : Alice Cooper -- Morrison, CO -- June 3rd, 2013

PVH5150
06-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Finally found correct sets for both Alice Cooper & Marilyn Manson.
They are as follows.

1. Angel With The Scabbed Wings
2. Disposable Teens
3. No Reflection
4. The Dope Show (w/Happiness Is A Warm Gun intro)
5. Rock Is Dead
6. Great Big White World
7. Personal Jesus
8. mOBSCENE
9. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
10. This Is The New Shit
11. Irresponsible Hate Anthem

12. The Beautiful People

1. Hello Hooray
2. House Of Fire
3. No More Mr. Nice Guy
4. Billion Dollar Babies
5. I'll Bite Your Face Off
6. Is It My Body
7. Under My Wheels
8. Hey Stoopid
9. Poison
10. Dirty Diamonds
11. Welcome To My Nightmare
12. Go To Hell
13. Feed My Frankenstein
14. Ballad Of Dwight Fry
15. Killer
16. I Love The Dead
17. School's Out

18. I'm Eighteen

Spiner202
06-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Glad I didn't get tickets for this as Alice took out one of the two songs I really wanted to hear (He's Back). Then again, he might play longer on his solo dates.

marker
06-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Looks good. I was worried Alice's set would be shorter than that with Manson on the bill too.

Sanitarium78
06-05-2013, 05:40 AM
Umm...why was the thread title changed to Marilyn Manson? Cooper is the headliner for all the shows and the tour has the official name of Masters Of Madness.

hot_turkey_ed
06-05-2013, 06:27 AM
How many tour names are in the set list archive? Very few, and I'd bet that most are festival-related. Headliner gets the thread title. I thought it was Manson; I changed it to Cooper. My bad.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
06-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Any Manson set with Great Big White World in it is good in my book.

jhdeity
06-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Glad I didn't get tickets for this as Alice took out one of the two songs I really wanted to hear (He's Back). Then again, he might play longer on his solo dates.

Wow. Really?

So just to be 100% clear Manson is opening for Cooper right? If so I'm definitely going.

The fact I had to sit through manson twice after Slayer really turned me against him. Love his old shit and Murderers are getting Prettier every day but everything in between the last 12 years has sucked IMO.

Spiner202
06-06-2013, 03:14 AM
Wow. Really?

So just to be 100% clear Manson is opening for Cooper right? If so I'm definitely going.

The fact I had to sit through manson twice after Slayer really turned me against him. Love his old shit and Murderers are getting Prettier every day but everything in between the last 12 years has sucked IMO.

I have no clue if he'll play longer but based on the fact that he rarely changes his set once he starts a tour, I would think he wouldn't drop the song unless he had less time. Also, I think the solo dates are being billed as only Alice Cooper with no opener, so hopefully he plays longer.

tenchimyo
06-10-2013, 05:29 PM
I hope he throws HE'S BACK

THE MAN BEHIND

THE MASK

back in

Sanitarium78
06-11-2013, 05:51 AM
I hope he throws HE'S BACK

THE MAN BEHIND

THE MASK

back in

I don't think it will return until after Cooper goes out on his own tour again. He seems to have catered this set to the more casual fan since it's a co-headlining tour. Still, a very good set but you don't have to be a Cooper expert to know the bulk of the songs he's playing for this tour. I would drop Dirty Diamonds for The Man Behind The Mask. I don't understand out of all the great underplayed songs Cooper has, how Dirty Diamonds gets played as often as it does? It's not like the song is that good to being with. It's a decent tune of an awful album.

ravenheart
06-11-2013, 05:56 AM
It's a decent tune of an awful album.

It's a decent tune from a great album. Shits all over Welcome 2 My Nightmare.

jhdeity
06-11-2013, 06:08 AM
I don't think it will return until after Cooper goes out on his own tour again. He seems to have catered this set to the more casual fan since it's a co-headlining tour. Still, a very good set but you don't have to be a Cooper expert to know the bulk of the songs he's playing for this tour. I would drop Dirty Diamonds for The Man Behind The Mask. I don't understand out of all the great underplayed songs Cooper has, how Dirty Diamonds gets played as often as it does? It's not like the song is that good to being with. It's a decent tune of an awful album.

I recently saw a Cooper show on AXS tv and pretty sure that's the song his daughter joins him on stage for... So yeah, it's going nowhere if that's the case. hahaha

Needs way more Billion Dollar Babies tunes...

Spiner202
06-11-2013, 06:11 AM

No chance. Dirty Diamonds and The Eyes of Alice Cooper are two albums that had a lot of potential but were ruined by Alice not using his normal voice. I first heard songs from those records on the Live At Montreaux DVD and thought they were brilliant, but when you hear them on the album, they're like totally different tracks.

I do like a few songs across those records, but they're among my least favourite Alice albums.

Sanitarium78
06-11-2013, 06:56 AM

Wait, you're saying Dirt Diamonds is a great album? It doesn't rank higher than "piece of shit" on my list:lol:

Drangontown was the last Cooper album I enjoyed beginning to end. There are songs I like on the last four albums but overall most of his output over the last decade has been average (The Eyes, Along Came A Spider and Nightmare 2) or embarrassing bad like Dirty Diamonds. Cooper hasn't made an album that bad since Zipper Catches Skin but at least that can be forgiven because of what an extreme alcoholic he was at the time. With Dirty Diamonds there is no excuse for releasing something that bad.

ravenheart
06-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Yep, definitely a great album. It's the one time on the last few discs that he tried to do a varied album with a load of different styles and actually did them all well.

None of them are as good as Brutal Planet or Dragontown, obviously, but DD is far better than both The Eyes and Nightmare 2.

Along Came A Spider gets better and better with repeated listens.

TripKore
06-11-2013, 07:45 AM
Was there a opener? Gonna catch next weeks show, But I'm prolly going to be late due to work/traffic.

marker
06-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Was there a opener? Gonna catch next weeks show, But I'm prolly going to be late due to work/traffic.

Yes. I believe Greg Allman's daughter's band is opening, at least out here it was. I don't know their name, I missed them in L.A..

tenchimyo
06-11-2013, 04:20 PM
I don't think it will return until after Cooper goes out on his own tour again. He seems to have catered this set to the more casual fan since it's a co-headlining tour. .... I would drop Dirty Diamonds for The Man Behind The Mask. I don't understand out of all the great underplayed songs Cooper has, how Dirty Diamonds gets played as often as it does? It's not like the song is that good to being with. It's a decent tune of an awful album.
Yeah but we can still dream~~

I don't think that album is awful in the grand scheme of things, but for an Alice album, reviewing the tracklist... you're right

InFlamesOfBirchmen
06-18-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm still wondering why the hell Manson doesn't pull out Overneath the Path of Misery. That song was created to be played live.