PDA

View Full Version : Mike Portnoy Leaving Adrenaline Mob

MPF
06-04-2013, 10:23 AM
It saddens me to announce that the 4 upcoming shows in Latin America this month supporting Halestorm will be my last with Adrenaline Mob.

Unfortunately, I have scheduling conflicts that prevent me from being able to fully commit to the band's future activities at the moment.

As I cannot be in two places at the same time, I don't want to hold them back and have to wait for my schedule to re-open up to resume activity.

I'm very proud of what we started together and the music we made over the past two years and I wish the guys all the best in the future.

MP

I'd be lying if I said I was a fan, I didn't like the first EP, but the album was considerably better and the Covers EP was pretty cool.

Regardless I can't wait to see the hour long documentary about how Adrenaline Mob will be pick their next drummer. :D:D:D

anomynous
06-04-2013, 10:30 AM
lol, the band was garbage anyway

Bengals279
06-04-2013, 10:34 AM
lol, the band was garbage anyway

This. And does anyone know what his other scheduling conflict is?

Derelict
06-04-2013, 10:37 AM

Looking at himself in the mirror.

snowdog2112
06-04-2013, 10:45 AM

Probably The Winery Dogs. Way better then AM

ravenheart
06-04-2013, 11:03 AM
He's busy over-charging for tickets with The Winery Dogs.

I'm a huge Richie Kotzen fan, so was totally up for seeing Winery Dogs in London later this year until I saw that the tickets were going to cost £25 for a venue who normally charge about half as much.

The material is good though, so I'll definitely get the album.

MPF
06-04-2013, 11:21 AM
As far as I know there is Winery Dogs, the new Transatlantic album, and possibly a BigElf tour.

Which is funny because Mike was very strongly saying there was going to be a second North American tour in June/July for Adrenaline Mob. And that didn't happen.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-04-2013, 01:29 PM
I like Adrenaline Mob and I think they're better off without his over–drumming.

ravenheart
06-04-2013, 02:11 PM
I like Adrenaline Mob and I think they're better off without his over–drumming.

I like them too. They were excellent the one time I saw them, but yeah, it's not really the kind of stuff that requires his drumming.

He'll be good in Bigelf, but there's no way he'll stay with them long-term.

MPF
06-04-2013, 02:14 PM
I like them too. They were excellent the one time I saw them, but yeah, it's not really the kind of stuff that requires his drumming.

He'll be good in Bigelf, but there's no way he'll stay with them long-term.

Yeah from what I understand it's just the album and A tour.

ravenheart
06-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Yeah from what I understand it's just the album and A tour.

Good publicity for the resurfacing of the band and nothing more, then.