PDA

View Full Version : The King Is Back!!

Sinister_Chalupa666
06-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Haven't seen it on here so I will post this news.

Was listening to Liquid Metal two days ago and the owner for Metal Blade was hanging out and dropped some awesome news.

King Diamond is OFFICIALLY 100% healthy and kicking ass. He will be playing festivals overseas this summer, head back to the U.S. to record a new album that will drop by Spring time, and FINALLY after so many years tour the U.S. the summer of next year. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Also mentioned that Behemoth's new album was pushed back a little and should drop October 29th.

And last is Amon Amarth are going to have a nice main stage show with the big ass viking ship and lots of other stuff.

ravenheart
06-03-2013, 03:08 AM
The fuck have you been? King started playing again LAST year at two festivals in Sweden and France.

MetalIsArt
06-03-2013, 05:40 AM
He even reunited with Mercyful Fate for Metallica's 30th anniversary party in 2011... ;)

ravenheart
06-03-2013, 05:41 AM
He even reunited with Mercyful Fate for Metallica's 30th anniversary party in 2011... ;)

And didn't he pop up at something in a record shop in Texas or something too? ;)

MetalIsArt
06-03-2013, 05:42 AM
And didn't he pop up at something in a record shop in Texas or something too? ;)

Ah, that could be... ;-)

Sanitarium78
06-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Old news. I've known for about a year now that this has been King's plan for 2013/2014. Still great to have him back though:rocker:

I thought I read something about he was going to start writing and recording his new album last fall. If true, he's been working on it for a number of months now.

sfhui
06-03-2013, 07:25 AM
NEXT SUMMER seems like a long time away. but yay:rocker:

ravenheart
06-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Old news. I've known for about a year now that this has been King's plan for 2013/2014. Still great to have him back though:rocker:

I thought I read something about he was going to start writing and recording his new album last fall. If true, he's been working on it for a number of months now.

Yep, it's all old news. Fairly sure at least the writing for the new album has already started. Doesn't look like he's debuting any new songs on this year's tour though. He certainly didn't play any last year.

MetalIsArt
06-03-2013, 07:55 AM
There's something so chilling about Mercyful Fate and yet at the same time so catchy...

:bliss:

natureboy
06-03-2013, 08:18 AM

He hosted a local metal awards ceremory/benefit at Trees in Dallas last January. Did a 3 song set sans makeup. I was there and it was great.

http://www.metalinsider.net/down-with-the-king/king-diamond-plays-three-song-surprise-set-in-dallas

Also saw him at Hellfest last summer and he fucking ruled.

ravenheart
06-03-2013, 08:28 AM
He hosted a local metal awards ceremory/benefit at Trees in Dallas last January. Did a 3 song set sans makeup. I was there and it was great.

Yep, that's what I was thinking of.

Also saw him at Hellfest last summer and he fucking ruled.

Aye, I was at the Sweden Rock show. Definitely one of the highlights.

kommie
06-03-2013, 09:13 AM
And last is Amon Amarth are going to have a nice main stage show with the big ass viking ship and lots of other stuff.

Wait, they're bringing the ship over for Mayhem? This statement is pretty vague.

ravenheart
06-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Wait, they're bringing the ship over for Mayhem? This statement is pretty vague.

Sounds unlikely. They're using it at places like Sweden Rock Festival this year, and it's quite the event, so I doubt they're going to bring it over for a festival tour. There wouldn't be the time to set the thing up every day.

elturtleboy
06-03-2013, 12:56 PM
The fuck have you been?

:lol: