PDA

View Full Version : Alice Cooper/Marilyn Manson

Bengals279
06-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Does anyone have the set list for the cooper and Manson show last night?

PVH5150
06-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Been looking all day. Still nothing for Cooper. This was Manson's.

Angel With The Scabbed Wings
Disposable Teens
No Reflection
The Dope Show
Rock Is Dead
Great Big White World
Personal Jesus
mOBSCENE
Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
This Is The New Shit
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
The Beautiful People

Bengals279
06-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Out of the few Manson songs I like, antichrist superstar is my favorite. And of course they don't play it

InFlamesOfBirchmen
06-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Out of the few Manson songs I like, antichrist superstar is my favorite. And of course they don't play it

To be fair this is the first tour in a few years he hasn't played it. I'm not really surprised he's giving it a rest.

Sanitarium78
06-02-2013, 04:41 PM
From the info I gathered about the tour, Cooper's set is supposed to be the same as the one he's been doing for the Raise The Dead tour. I did read over on the sickthings message board that Manson joined Cooper on stage during I'm Eighteen. I don't know if that will be a regular thing or not.

Still haven't read any reviews or Cooper setlist yet, but there's supposed to be some youtube videos of Manson joining Cooper for 18.

Bengals279
06-02-2013, 05:37 PM
From the info I gathered about the tour, Cooper's set is supposed to be the same as the one he's been doing for the Raise The Dead tour. I did read over on the sickthings message board that Manson joined Cooper on stage during I'm Eighteen. I don't know if that will be a regular thing or not.

Still haven't read any reviews or Cooper setlist yet, but there's supposed to be some youtube videos of Manson joining Cooper for 18.

Looks like they ended the show with it too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89o912B1L-E

PVH5150
06-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Rick Nielsen & Robin Zander from Cheap Trick joined in for "School's Out".

Bengals279
06-02-2013, 07:36 PM

Well crap. That also means no brutal planet, elected or black widow. Some of his best songs. He really needs to open with black widow. It is his best opening song

dcmetal108
06-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Looks like they ended the show with it too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89o912B1L-E

Shit Manson seems like he has no clue what hes doing.

Sanitarium78
06-03-2013, 05:53 AM
Well crap. That also means no brutal planet, elected or black widow. Some of his best songs. He really needs to open with black widow. It is his best opening song

Dude, he opened with Black Widow for over a year during the No More Mr Nice Guy tour and continued opening with it when he toured for Maiden. He gave everyone plenty of chances to see that. Not sure what else you're expecting? Cooper is in the middle of another tour theme now, it's not like he makes any big changes once he decides on the set for a particular tour. Besides, the current set he has is very good, Hello Hurray, House Of Fire, Devil's Food, He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask). Hey Stoopid is still in after returning last tour and Dwight Fry, Welcome To My Nightmare and Go To Hell are back after taking the last tour off. Black Widow was an awesome opening song but it's rare that Alice will open with the same song two different tours in a row.

Elected is one of his best songs? Really?

Sanitarium78
06-03-2013, 05:53 AM
Shit Manson seems like he has no clue what hes doing.

Did he ever?

Bengals279
06-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Dude, he opened with Black Widow for over a year during the No More Mr Nice Guy tour and continued opening with it when he toured for Maiden. He gave everyone plenty of chances to see that. Not sure what else you're expecting? Cooper is in the middle of another tour theme now, it's not like he makes any big changes once he decides on the set for a particular tour. Besides, the current set he has is very good, Hello Hurray, House Of Fire, Devil's Food, He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask). Hey Stoopid is still in after returning last tour and Dwight Fry, Welcome To My Nightmare and Go To Hell are back after taking the last tour off. Black Widow was an awesome opening song but it's rare that Alice will open with the same song two different tours in a row.

Elected is one of his best songs? Really?

Ya I think elected is one of his better songs. I would just prefer last tours set to what this one is probably going to be

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-03-2013, 07:57 AM
I always thought Department Of Youth would be the best opening song for Alice, and I'd prefer Elected to close the show other than School's Out (what a boring, obvious choice)

Bengals279
06-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Here is an incomplete setlist from setlist.fm
1.Dirty Diamonds
2.Welcome to My Nightmare
3.Go to Hell
4.Feed My Frankenstein
5.Ballad of Dwight Fry
6.Killer
7.I Love the Dead
8.School's Out
Encore:
9.Poison
10.I'm Eighteen (with Marilyn Manson)
He also sang billion dollar babies

Sanitarium78
06-04-2013, 05:26 AM
Full Alice set from opening night according to setlist fm:

Hello Hooray
House of Fire
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Billion Dollar Babies
I'll Bite Your Face Off
Is It My Body
Under My Wheels
Hey Stoopid
Poison
Dirty Diamonds (including solos)
Welcome to My Nightmare
Go to Hell
Feed My Frankenstein
Ballad of Dwight Fry
Killer
I Love the Dead
School's Out

Encore:
I'm Eighteen (with Marilyn Manson)

The only disappointment for me is that The Man Behind The Mask isn't getting played. He dropped a couple of the songs off Nightmare 2 but since that album mostly sucks and was a complete flop for him it makes sense. Dirty Diamonds can go any time now. It's nowhere near good enough for Alice to play it as often as he does. Overall, the set is pretty good and I will enjoy it when I see him next week. Eighteen as the ender is different since usually he does it within the first handful of songs on most tours. Nice beginning with those first four songs. Those will no doubt get the crowd pumped right away.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Full Alice set from opening night according to setlist fm:

Hello Hooray
House of Fire
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Billion Dollar Babies
I'll Bite Your Face Off
Is It My Body
Under My Wheels
Hey Stoopid
Poison
Dirty Diamonds (including solos)
Welcome to My Nightmare
Go to Hell
Feed My Frankenstein
Ballad of Dwight Fry
Killer
I Love the Dead
School's Out

Encore:
I'm Eighteen (with Marilyn Manson)

The only disappointment for me is that The Man Behind The Mask isn't getting played. He dropped a couple of the songs off Nightmare 2 but since that album mostly sucks and was a complete flop for him it makes sense. Dirty Diamonds can go any time now. It's nowhere near good enough for Alice to play it as often as he does. Overall, the set is pretty good and I will enjoy it when I see him next week. Eighteen as the ender is different since usually he does it within the first handful of songs on most tours. Nice beginning with those first four songs. Those will no doubt get the crowd pumped right away.Pretty sweet set, I really want Elected to get put back in, other than that, any set with Hey Stoopid and Feed My Frankenstein is good with me.