PDA

View Full Version : Soundgarden -- Austin, TX -- May 25th, 2013

LIVEtoROCK86
05-26-2013, 07:57 AM
SOLD OUT show @ Austin Music Hall
Austin, TX
May 25th, 2013

Doors opened at 8, the guys hit the stage around 9:30. It was amazing! Pretty cool that they played Never The Machine Forever. A fave of mine on Down On The Upside. Matt Cameron's son requested it. Chris needed lyrics in front of him, lol. So awesome.

Highlights? The whole show, honestly. Go see Soundgarden. They are the real deal and are waving the grunge flag in the 2000's. Setlists are always different, the band is tight, the pit was going hard. Lots of moshing. I mean New Damage followed by Rusty Cage in the encore??!! Couldn't ask for more!

The only thing that sucked was some woman getting all worked up when people would bump into her. "Stop that! stop that!" Um, it's a rock show?? Don't stand on the floor in front if you don't like being shoved. Common sense. Idiot...ANYWAY here's the set!

Searching with My Good Eye Closed
Jesus Christ Pose
Hands All Over
Rhinosaur
Spoonman
My Wave
Worse Dreams
The Day I Tried to Live
Mailman
A Thousand Days Before
Pretty Noose
Burden in My Hand
Never the Machine Forever
Flower
Outshined
Taree
Hunted Down
Drawing Flies
Blow Up the Outside World
Fell on Black Days
Incessant Mace

Encore:
New Damage
Rusty Cage

Just found out they cut some songs. Here is what was planned for the night. SO AMAZING! http://instagram.com/p/Zw-x1MIUp7/

velvetgrass
05-26-2013, 08:02 AM
You guys got lucky with getting Never The Machine Forever :eek:

But, unfortunately your set got cut short a few songs-
http://instagram.com/p/Zw-x1MIUp7/#

^ I saw them in Milwaukee in February and I love how they change the set up from night to night. I can only think of a few bands who I like that do that (i.e. Radiohead)

Coma323
05-26-2013, 08:02 AM
Never The Machine Forever is a solid song, I didn't realize either that they never played it before. Pretty much any Soundgarden evening with show has had an awesome setlist these tours. I like when bands realize that they don't have to play their biggest song every show.

NickLed19
05-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Pretty Noose. oh shit

velvetgrass
05-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Pretty Noose. oh shit

THIS. I wish they would have played that and Burden In My Hand at the Milwaukee show in February.

RampinUp46
05-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Wow, I really screwed up by not going to this. That is a fucking amazing set.