Der Maschinenraum

Anhedonist

Inherent Opprobrium
Estrangement
Saturnine

Loss

Death March Tow
Open Veins to a Curtain Closed
Conceptual Funeralism unto the Final Act (Of Being)
Cut Up, Depressed and Alone
Despond

Iniquity (from setlist.fm)

Tranquil Seizure
The Hidden Lore
Encysted and Dormant
Desiderated Profligacy
From Tarnished Soil
Serenadium
Son of Cosmos

Weedeater

The Great Unfurling (intro)
Hammerhandle
Mancoon
Turkey Warlock
Jason... the Dragon
God Lock and Good Speed
Wizard Fight
Time Served
Gimme Back My Bullets (Lynyrd Skynyrd cover)
Weed Monkey

Vinterland (source: justinm4bama)

A Winter Breeze
A Castle So Crystal Clear
As I behold The Dying Sun
Vinterskogen
I'm Another In The Night
Our Dawn Of Glory
Wings Of Sorrow

Aosoth (from setlist.fm)

An Arrow in Heart
III - I
Ritual Marks of Penitence
III - V
Temple of Knowledge

Revenge (source: Bloodcurse)

Us and Them (High Power)
Traitor Crucifixion
Cleansing Siege (Take Them Down)
Death Heritage (Built Upon Sorrow)
Pride Ruination (Division Collapse)
Final Doctrine (Push Forward)
Altar of Triumph
Banner Degradation (Exile or Death)
Equimanthorn (Bathory cover)
Genocide Conquest
Blood of My Blood

Ihsahn

On The Shores
The Arrival
Called By The Fire
Frozen Lakes Of Mars
Unhealer
The Paranoid
The Barren Lands
A Grave Inversed
The Grave

Down

Lysergik Funeral Procession
Lifer
Hail the Leaf
Ghosts Along the Mississippi
Pillars of Eternity
Losing All
New Orleans Is a Dying Whore
Witchtripper
Eyes of the South
Stone the Crow
Bury Me in Smoke (extended)

Antaeus (missing one or two)

Devotee
Rot
Cyklik Torture
Inner War
Words as Weapons
Seventh Ceremony
Blood War III
Gates to the Outside
Blood Libels (with security guards moshing :lol:)

mankvill
05-26-2013, 07:16 AM
Loss is wrong. They ended with Cut Up, Depressed and Alone and before that I'm pretty sure they played Open Veins To A Curtain Closed

VoidFlame
05-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Loss is wrong. They ended with Cut Up, Depressed and Alone and before that I'm pretty sure they played Open Veins To A Curtain Closed

You're right. I edited it. See you before Speedwolf, I guess!

mankvill
05-26-2013, 07:28 AM
You're right. I edited it. See you before Speedwolf, I guess!

:party:

How's the wrist?

adamclark52
05-26-2013, 08:09 AM
Weedeater did the best spoken intro before Weed Monkey when I saw them. "This is a song about weed and monkeys, it's called Weed Monkey". Couldn't have said it better myself.

Axis_Of_Metal
05-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Did anyone do guest vocals on Unhealer with Ihsahn?

mankvill
05-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Did anyone do guest vocals on Unhealer with Ihsahn?

No other vocalists other than the guys in Leprous

John The Drummer
05-26-2013, 11:16 AM
OMG I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE THE SECURITY GUARDS MOSHING!!!

Bloodcurse
05-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Revenge:

Us and Them (High Power)
Traitor Crucifixion
Cleansing Siege (Take Them Down)
Death Heritage (Built Upon Sorrow)
Pride Ruination (Division Collapse)
Final Doctrine (Push Forward)
Altar of Triumph
Banner Degradation (Exile or Death)
Equimanthorn (Bathory cover) :party: :rocker:
Genocide Conquest
Blood of My Blood

Venom:

Black Metal
Leave Me in Hell
Hammerhead
Welcome to Hell / Hell
Bloodlust
Black Flame (of Satan) :party: :rocker:
Possessed / Schizoid / Live Like an Angel (Die Like a Devil)
Hail Satanas
Antechrist
Buried Alive / Resurrection / The Evil One / Straight to Hell
Warhead *the soundman cut turned them off in middle of song*

PVH5150
05-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Anybody got anything for The Obsessed? Setlist.fm only has 5 songs listed and I find that hard to believe seeing as the total time would be 20 minutes, give or take a couple minutes.

christopher
05-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Warhead *the soundman cut turned them off in middle of song*

are you serious? They just forced them to end before ending the song? wow..

ShatteredFlame
05-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Apparently they went on 15 minutes late and there was a whole dilemma with the curfew.

http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=251361&page=2

BlashyrkhMR101
05-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Yeah I was there. Apparently the deal with Venom was that it was either let Venom fucking finish playing and let the people get their money's worth OR suffer a hefty fine at the wrath of the city of Baltimore. HOWEVER, Venom were goddamn excellent regardless.

GarageMetal468
05-27-2013, 05:06 PM
I thought Venom were awful. No energy, shitty and sloppy sound, and don't get me started on how terrible their drummer is.

Anyway, my favorite bands of the weekend had to be Carcass, Repulsion, Revenge, Sleep, Infest, Massgrav, Manilla Road, Abigail, and Broken Hope.

Bloodcurse
05-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Pagan Altar:

Pagan Altar
Dance of the Druids
Sentinels of Hate
Samhein
Judgement of the Dead
The Lords of Hypocrisy
The Aftermath

Before they started playing, Terry Jones says: ""Some people complain it took them 6 hours to get to Baltimore....well it took us 30 years!"

Fates Guardian
05-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Pagan Altar absolutely ruled. Terry Jones has such a cool stage presence, and he seems like a real gentleman. I regret that I had to leave before getting to meet them, but I was really drunk and apparently acting rather foolish, so my friends thought it best to get me back to the hotel, haha.

larvtard
05-27-2013, 06:16 PM
I want some top 10's yo

also, because they have a pretty similar sound: who was better, Electric Wizard last year or Sleep?

Bloodcurse
05-27-2013, 06:18 PM
I want some top 10's yo

also, because they have a pretty similar sound: who was better, Electric Wizard last year or Sleep?

Sleep was fucking BORING!!!!!!! I almost fell asleep.

larvtard
05-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Sleep was fucking BORING!!!!!!! I almost fell asleep.

objectively speaking? Or you just don't like stoner/doom metal?

Bloodcurse
05-27-2013, 06:43 PM
objectively speaking? Or you just don't like stoner/doom metal?

I like classic doom, but the stoner stuff for me I like on CD but not live.

mankvill
05-27-2013, 07:38 PM
At the time I only had their third album, but I can say that Aosoth played the first and fourth tracks off it.

energymetal14
05-27-2013, 08:04 PM
The whole weekend was amazing!

My top five:
Rotten Sound
Tragedy
Infest
Sleep
Repulsion

Next five (also in no order):
Magrudergrind
Weekend Nachos
Revenge
Loss
Midnight

Other awesome bands that I watched were Massgrav, Iron Lung, Full of Hell, Pig Destroyer, Weedeater, and Gride. Cruciamentum was my surprise of the weekend, I never really listened to them but they were awesome (thanks to VoidFlame for telling me to watch them :D). Converge killed it, seeing them twice in one month was awesome! Seeing Carcass was awesome, but for some reason their performance wasn't one of the top ones of the weekend for me. Iniquity was okay, Righteous Pigs was also just okay. Terveet Kadet was decent. The only real disappointment of the week for me was Venom. They just bored me, so I only watched about 15-20 minutes of them.

GarageMetal468
05-27-2013, 08:21 PM
Alright here's what I got:

Top ten:

Repulsion
Carcass
Revenge
Abigail
Sleep
Infest
Massgrav
Broken Hope
Manilla Road
Cruciamentum

Other awesome bands:

Sacred Reich
Ingrowing
Disciples of Christ
Wake
Rotten Sound
Pallbearer
Antaeus
Magrudergrind

Disappointments:

Venom
Vinterland (what really sucks is that you can tell they were super tight live, but the sound, specifically the lead guitar, was just awful)
Iniquity (heard nothing but bass drum)
Midnight (very fun but it was super quiet)

mankvill
05-27-2013, 08:29 PM
My top 10, in rough order:

Antaeus
Pagan Altar
Abigail
Bolt Thrower
Repulsion
Carcass
Manilla Road
Benediction
Midnight
Kommandant

Was slightly disappointed by Sleep. I liked them, but would love to see them in an actual venue when my feet aren't killing me. Other disappointments were Deiphago, Glorior Belli and Melvins.

Bloodcurse
05-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Top ten for me:

REVENGE!!!!
Deiphago
Pagan Altar
Abigail
Venom
Pentagram
Righteous Pigs
Convulse
Aosoth
Benediction

Biggest disappointment:
-Venom being assholes and refusing to do photos during the meet and greet.
-No Carpathian Forest
-Venom getting cut off MID FUCKING SONG!!!!!!!!!!

jhdeity
05-27-2013, 10:32 PM
Top ten for me:

REVENGE!!!!
Deiphago
Pagan Altar
Abigail
Venom
Pentagram
Righteous Pigs
Convulse
Aosoth
Benediction

Biggest disappointment:
-Venom being assholes and refusing to do photos during the meet and greet.
-No Carpathian Forest
-Venom getting cut off MID FUCKING SONG!!!!!!!!!!

I was starting to think I was the only one who liked Righteous Pigs. Anyone have the complete Sacred Reich set? I saw an incomplete one on setlist.fm. Why the fuck do they play War Pigs every show? They have so many songs I'd rather hear...

VoidFlame
05-28-2013, 10:43 AM
My top ten:

1. Converge
2. Evoken
3. Pallbearer
4. Loss
5. Pentagram
6. Carcass
7. Bolt Thrower
8. Pelican
9. Sleep
10. Down

Other bands that blew me away: Cobalt, Repulsion (got a pick!), Antaeus, Midnight and Pagan Altar.

Things that sucked this year:

1. Spraining my wrist and tearing a ligament during Repulsion, thus ending up spending the whole night at the hospital.
2. Realizing that our car's battery had died and that the car was stuck in a parking after Converge.
3. The inefficient and arrogant security personel at the doors that made us wait so many times and so long that we missed Speedwolf and a part of Cruciamentum on sunday.
4. Organization problems that lead to cutting Bolt Thrower, Pentagram and Venom's sets.
5. Catching a cold on saturday and missing Infest due to pass-out level tiredness.

Things that made up for all of the above:

1. The fucking awesome performances we witnessed.
2. Meeting mankvill, energymetal14 and GarageMetal468.
3. The great selection of merch and CDs at the distro stands.
4. A restaurant called Mina's Delights we found by chance. They made epic crepe meals with sides and drinks for only 7$, they were very fun and welcoming and they all spoke French!
5. Miscelaneous things like: the beautiful weather on the two last days, the fuckton of people from Quebec at the fest, the fun pits and the road trip back, which was especially retarded and hilarious due to the general fatigue of the occupants of the car.
6. Not Venom's performance.

Next year's edition certainly won't be at the Sonar club and I hope Ryan and Evan figure something out, because I'm already looking forward to come back.

PowerMaiden
05-28-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm really surprised at how many people didn't like Venom. From what I read they got cut in the middle of fucking Warhead :axe: but that's not their fault. But most of you seem to have dislike them even without this shit. There was a time when I was willing to give my left nut to see Cronos & Co.

The guitar player & drummer aren't good ?

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

GarageMetal468
05-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Their drummer was horrible. Can't say too much about the guitar, but Cronos looked and sounded tired as hell. I didn't know what to expect so I tried to be optimistic, but there was no point. Also, MPire of Evil blows the "real" Venom away, easily.

treghet
05-28-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm really surprised at how many people didn't like Venom. From what I read they got cut in the middle of fucking Warhead :axe: but that's not their fault. But most of you seem to have dislike them even without this shit. There was a time when I was willing to give my left nut to see Cronos & Co.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I don't think it's surprising. A lot of people who saw them at their peak said they were disappointing then too.

Natrlhi
05-28-2013, 11:09 AM
All of these Top Ten lists, and only one mention of Cobalt and Pelican. You people are fucking insane.

My Top Ten would be a little skewed, because I only attended the first two days, so maybe a top five (fuck that, make it six) would be more appropriate:

Bolt Thrower
Pelican
Cobalt
Carcass
Pallbearer
Pig Destroyer

Honorable Mentions: Benediction were very good, but to be honest I've never really listened to them so I have no previous frame of reference. Same goes for Repulsion. Convulse was quite solid as well.

Worst band I saw was Righteous Pigs. They were fucking awful.

The "Most Pleasant Surprise" award goes to Abigail. They were loud, fast and a hell of a lot of fun.

mankvill
05-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Watching Carcass with you, Nat, was an awesome father/son moment.

mankvill
05-28-2013, 11:21 AM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I really liked them. I'm not a huge Venom fan, but I kind of have to be a fan because of my love for black metal, and from a completely entertainment standpoint, I enjoyed them a lot! Like, I totally get that it's the Kronos & Co. band now, but it was still fun hearing all these awesome songs I've been listening to forever.

Coma323
05-28-2013, 11:25 AM
For not knowing that many Venom songs I enjoyed their set. Not too mention I had a nice comfortable spot against the soundboard rail.

xa123
05-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Best weekend of the year once again! A very exhausting 4 days but it was all worth it and I can't wait for next year already.

Top 10 bands for me were probably something like:

1- Midnight
2- Repulsion
3- Revenge
4- Antaeus
5- Bolt Thrower
6- Convulse
7- Tragedy
8- Anhedonist
9- Rotten Sound
10- Pagan Altar

But I pretty much enjoyed every band I saw. Really bummed about missing Speedwolf (both times :bouville:) and that Carpathian Forest had to cancel though...

Slasherous
05-28-2013, 04:13 PM
I saw the setlist for Infest on this site, http://www.returntothepit.com/pictures.php?id=955655. From a video i saw, they skipped a couple songs and rearranged it a bit, but it really didn't matter, nor do i think would they of been noticed. Here is the setlist from the video.

1. Cold Inside
2. Feeling Mean
3. Sick Machine
4. Mankind
5. Judge Me
6. Shackled Down
7. Just Act Blind
8. Voice Your Opinion
9. Behind This Tongue
10. Sickman
11. The World Is Dead
12. Kill The Peace
13. Excess Pig
14. Break The Chain
15. Pickled
16. Terminal Nation
17. In His Name
18. Once Lost
19. My World My Way
20. Mindless
21. Which Side
22. Sick and Tired
23. Nothing’s Changed
24. The Game
25. Why Don’t You
26. Nazi Killer
27. Sick O
28. Machismo
29. Where’s The Unity?

This was definately one of the better sets of the weekend, if you witness them.

metallicbrian666
05-28-2013, 05:16 PM
My favorites of the weekend

Pig Destroyer w/ Kat Katz
Revenge
Carcass
Infest
Magrudergrind
Kromosom
Massgrav (hilarious in between song banter)
Abigail

Was hilarious when Convulse had a huge buildup, everything's going awesome, singer says a few lines of the first song and then his strap falls off and he misses the rest of the verse while trying to put it back on haha. They sounded good but I had no problem with leaving early for Ingrowing.

Righteous Pigs set was hard to watch. They didn't sound terrible (vocals were shitty, but they were shitty on their albums too), but no one gave a fuck at all. Kinda sad but oh well. Doubt that's a reunion that'll last.

I'm not a fan of Bolt Thrower and seeing them live changed nothing. Pretty boring and terrible blasts

justinm4bama
05-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Favorite bands this weekend in order:

Aosoth
Vinterland
Venom
Bolt Thrower
Carcass
Antaeus
Cobalt
Sacred Riech
Benediction
Cruciamentum

Hopefully next year there will be more black metal bands. 2011 and 2013 were great but 2012 was the best.

mr. roti
05-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Fuckin great festival again this year! There were a lot of "i dont give a shit" bands this year compare to the other year for me. And was pretty let down with the set list of carcass, sacred reich, sleep & BT.
Best bands for me in order:
Abigail
Benediction
Ahumado Granujo
Bolt Thrower
Infest
Cruciamentum
Midnight
Convulse
Magrudergrind

Hope there will be more old school death, thrash and grind next year!

CountGrishnakh
05-30-2013, 12:04 AM
My top 10 bands for this awesome weekend.... just wow

1-Midnight
2-Sleep
3-Convulse
4-Bolt Thrower
5-Evoken
6-Antaeus
7-Revenge
8-Loss
9-Abigail
10-Pelican

kalfitegrdan
05-30-2013, 01:14 AM
4. A restaurant called Mina's Delights we found by chance. They made epic crepe meals with sides and drinks for only 7$, they were very fun and welcoming and they all spoke French!

Dude! You went there too? That place was fantastic! I went there on Sunday morning because it was like the only restaurant open in that food court thing. Seven dollars got me a meal that filled me up the rest of the day.

My top bands in order were probably Benediction, Convulse, Contrastic, Magrudergrind, Iniquity, Infest, Carcass, Pig Destroyer, Sleep and Repulsion.

Onioner
05-30-2013, 01:31 AM
Fuckin great festival again this year! There were a lot of "i dont give a shit" bands this year compare to the other year for me. And was pretty let down with the set list of carcass, sacred reich, sleep & BT.
Best bands for me in order:
Abigail
Benediction
Ahumado Granujo
Bolt Thrower
Infest
Cruciamentum
Midnight
Convulse
Magrudergrind

Hope there will be more old school death, thrash and grind next year!

Bolt Thrower didn't let you down.

You let Bolt Thrower down.

kalfitegrdan
05-30-2013, 04:55 AM
Bolt Thrower didn't let you down.

You let Bolt Thrower down.

Seriously though, the sound did really suck for Bolt Thrower and it was kind of a letdown. I get to see them this Saturday in a club though and I know that's going to more than make up for it! :party: