PDA

View Full Version : The Official Arrested Development Season 4 Discussion Thread

BloodoftheKings
05-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Waited through 20 ps3 updates to set up Netflix, got my popcorn ready, and searched through Netflix only to find out it wasn't up yet. I looked online and it turns out they're going by west coast time so this shit won't be up until 3 am. I'll probably watch about 2 of the new episodes tonight and wind up finishing the new season by Monday.

dcmetal108
05-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Yeah I waited till midnight to see if it was updated but it wasn't so I work till 5pm then its on!

Bought a case of pop, a few bags of chips and candy, going to have a pizza ready, and maybe popcorn then I plan on watching all 15 episodes in one sitting.

BloodoftheKings
05-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Once the season went up I watched the first 2 episodes. So far so good. It's a little confusing when you first jump into it because each episode focuses on one character and they don't tell you everything that happened in chronological order.

I'm gonna marathon the season tonight, i'll definitely finish it by tomorrow.

dcmetal108
05-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Once the season went up I watched the first 2 episodes. So far so good. It's a little confusing when you first jump into it because each episode focuses on one character and they don't tell you everything that happened in chronological order.

I'm gonna marathon the season tonight, i'll definitely finish it by tomorrow.

I knew each episode only focused on one character but if you watched the show before I don't see them making it too confusing other than just story jumping.

BloodoftheKings
05-26-2013, 09:43 AM
I knew each episode only focused on one character but if you watched the show before I don't see them making it too confusing other than just story jumping.

The story telling is different from the original 3 seasons. Like if you're watching the Michael episode and he runs into Maeby and Lindsey you get no explanation for why those characters were where they were and you just have to wait til you watch their episodes to find out.

ravenheart
05-26-2013, 10:14 AM
I'll watch it when it gets broadcast properly or comes out on DVD. Whichever comes first.

BloodoftheKings
05-26-2013, 10:19 AM
I'll watch it when it gets broadcast properly or comes out on DVD. Whichever comes first.

The DVD will come first, it's not gonna be shown in tv.

Sinister_Chalupa666
05-26-2013, 10:38 AM

It wont be shown on tv. Netflix owns it now so don't expect it on tv ever lol.

powerslave_85
05-26-2013, 11:23 AM
The former won't happen ever, and the latter is very unlikely, as it would defeat the purpose of it being a Netflix exclusive.

I watched the first four episodes before taking a break, and I think it's awesome so far.

ShatteredFlame
05-26-2013, 11:27 AM
The former won't happen ever, and the latter is very unlikely, as it would defeat the purpose of it being a Netflix exclusive.

House of Cards is coming to DVD in a few weeks. Netflix would be stupid to not release DVDs of their shows when they can make profit on them.

MPF
05-26-2013, 12:01 PM
I will start watching it tonight. If the show doesn't get picked up after this, or if the movie never happens, there is always money in the banana stand.

mastodon421
05-26-2013, 02:47 PM
It will absolutely be released on DVD in the next 3-6 months, Netflix would be stupid not to (as ShatteredFlame already mentioned, House of Cards is coming out in a couple weeks.) Even more $$$ for them plus the subscriptions they got from the Arrested Devlopment fanboys, it's a genius business plan.

Sanitarium78
05-26-2013, 03:46 PM
It will absolutely be released on DVD in the next 3-6 months, Netflix would be stupid not to (as ShatteredFlame already mentioned, House of Cards is coming out in a couple weeks.) Even more $$$ for them plus the subscriptions they got from the Arrested Devlopment fanboys, it's a genius business plan.

Yeah, but how many of those fanboys are going to cancel their subscription once they see all the new episodes? My guess is a shit ton. It's a good short term business plan, they will make some good money off it at the start but probably not much in the long run. I'm shocked that Netflix isn't hurting business wise since just about everything they have is already available for free somewhere on the internet.

I will get around to watching the new Arrested Development episodes over the next week. I have no doubt they will be good. It's great to see that the show is back.

MPF
05-26-2013, 04:05 PM
4 episodes in and it is brilliant. It's like the show never got canceled.

BloodoftheKings
05-26-2013, 05:31 PM
Yeah, but how many of those fanboys are going to cancel their subscription once they see all the new episodes? My guess is a shit ton. It's a good short term business plan, they will make some good money off it at the start but probably not much in the long run. I'm shocked that Netflix isn't hurting business wise since just about everything they have is already available for free somewhere on the internet.

When you sign up for the Netflix trial you give them your card info and you get a free 30 days but if you don't cancel after the 30 day mark they start to charge you. What they're banking on is that the people who signed up for the trial just to watch the new season of AD will stick around and continue to use Netflix.

SomewhereInTime72
05-26-2013, 10:32 PM
5 episodes in and this is absolutely fantastic. Super pleased.

Sanitarium78
05-27-2013, 05:16 PM
When you sign up for the Netflix trial you give them your card info and you get a free 30 days but if you don't cancel after the 30 day mark they start to charge you. What they're banking on is that the people who signed up for the trial just to watch the new season of AD will stick around and continue to use Netflix.

Huge risk is you ask me. There will be a lot of people who sign up just to see this and then will cancel before the 30 days are over. They probably won't make as much on new subscribers as they think because of this. The 30 free trial screws them out of a lot of potential money.

I've watched the first five episodes and so far it's great. The show has a slightly different feel to it but also feels the same, if that makes any sense at all.

ravenheart
05-27-2013, 06:20 PM
DVD it is then.

XDoomsayerX
05-27-2013, 06:54 PM
So far have seen the first episode and thought it was meh. The show seems awkward now, but I shall see after I watch more episodes!

powerslave_85
05-27-2013, 07:41 PM
10 episodes in. There are so many intersecting stories and set-ups that it's getting a little too complicated for it's own good, but I'm sure they can pull it off. It's kind of AD's thing, after all.

DethMaiden
05-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Not a fan through five episodes. Watching it all, obviously, but it's starting to feel out of obligation.

BloodoftheKings
05-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Just finished the season and overall I really liked it. Can't wait for the movie/next season/whatever the fuck they're doing.

My only complaint is that of all the old jokes they bring back, there was no Franklin.

Sanitarium78
05-28-2013, 06:45 PM
I've watched nine episodes so far and it's really coming together very well now. I like how we keep seeing how all the individual stories intertwine with each other. Very well written when it comes to that.

Favorite quote so far is from Tobias:

"Pardon the mess, I just blue myself for the first time in five years":lol:

dcmetal108
05-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Only 3 episodes yet and best one yet it Gob's magician episode. Fucking priceless.

BloodoftheKings
05-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Only 3 episodes left and best one yet is Gob's magician episode. Fucking priceless.

The Gob story arc is definitely the best. The Tobias and Goerge Michael episodes are also really good.

MPF
05-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Got done watching the whole season today. Brilliant from start to finish. Yes it has a different feel from the first 3 seasons, but it feels like a natural progression. The ending does lead things up for whatever they choose to do next. Hopefully it found a home on Netflix.

dcmetal108
05-29-2013, 07:00 AM
From what I've read Netflix has already shown interest into starting season 5.

Sanitarium78
05-29-2013, 07:56 AM
From what I've read Netflix has already shown interest into starting season 5.

Hopefully all the actors can clear their schedules so we can have more of the Bluth family together. That's the main reason the episodes this season were made as individual stories since they had to work around everyone's availability. The show is a lot funnier when the family is all together. The jokes flow a lot easier and better that way.

XDoomsayerX
05-30-2013, 11:53 PM
5 episodes in and the show just feels awkward. Also seems long and dragged out. Will continue to watch though.

300%_Density
06-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Also 5 episodes in. Obviously a smaller step down from the first 3 seasons but that's expected I think.

I liked Michael's 1st episode and I think that the Tobias episode was easily the best of the first 5 IMO. It has the most season 1-3 feel to me.

XDoomsayerX
06-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Saw 2 more episodes and im done watching. Show lost its feel, concentrating on each character really makes the show drag. zero lol moments for me. Oh well first 3 seasons are still gold!

BloodoftheKings
06-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Saw 2 more episodes and im done watching. Show lost its feel, concentrating on each character really makes the show drag. zero lol moments for me. Oh well first 3 seasons are still gold!

If you didn't even see any of the Gob episodes yet, you need to keep watching.

300%_Density
06-03-2013, 01:57 PM
"Where's my little girl? Daddy needs to get his rocks off."

:D Fucking hilarious

dcmetal108
06-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Finished it and really did love it but really didn't care for how they ended it.

XDoomsayerX
06-03-2013, 10:43 PM
If you didn't even see any of the Gob episodes yet, you need to keep watching.

That episode is when I stopped. Half way through I was just like nope Im done here.

300%_Density
06-04-2013, 09:51 AM
http://i0.wp.com/www.rowsdowr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/anustart-arrested-development-blue.png?resize=600%2C600

AnthG
06-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Can't believe i'm this late to this thread.

Anyways, talk about a dissapointment. Other than some laughs and Tobias being awesome, I didn't find Season 4 that funny or good. Everything seemed off and forced. While the show never should have been cancelled, I feel like it shouldn't have been brought back after being cancelled for so long.

300%_Density
07-12-2013, 08:14 AM
So this might happen for a Season 5:

Linky (http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/07/12/netflix-negotiating-for-another-season-of-arrested-development/)

dcmetal108
07-12-2013, 08:56 AM
So this might happen for a Season 5:

Linky (http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/07/12/netflix-negotiating-for-another-season-of-arrested-development/)

Yeah they announced that a while ago. Netflixs CEO really just said they'd have no problem doing more seasons but its up to the cast.

300%_Density
07-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Yeah they announced that a while ago. Netflixs CEO really just said they'd have no problem doing more seasons but its up to the cast.

I'm hoping the only way they do it s doing like first 3 seasons with the cast together. 4 wasn't bad but definitely not the same.