PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth -- Bucharest, Romania -- May 22nd, 2013

TheClairvoyant
05-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Seeing Megadeth again soon on the UK tour, so I thought I'd post the first set of the tour. It's decent, but there is too much from CTE, even though I'm really looking forward to hearing the self titled track, Architecture & Ashes. The lack of In My Darkest Hour, Wake up Dead, Headcrusher & Tornado of Souls is pretty shocking too, was hoping to hear Kingmaker too but oh well. Still though, not a bad set, but they seriously need to switch it up a bit.

Trust
Hangar 18
Public Enemy No. 1
She-Wolf
Skin o' My Teeth
Countdown to Extinction
Architecture of Aggression
Sweating Bullets
Ashes in Your Mouth
A Tout Le Monde
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
Dawn Patrol
Poison Was the Cure
Super Collider
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Encore:
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

MPF
05-22-2013, 01:14 PM
I've yet to ever see Megadeth and even I say that is a phoned in setlist.

TheClairvoyant
05-22-2013, 01:23 PM
I've yet to ever see Megadeth and even I say that is a phoned in setlist.

The choice of songs really need some work yeah, but they are a very good band live.

Blacktooth85
05-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Yep... That's a Megadeth setlist alright...

DisposableJustice
05-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Can someone tell Dave it is ok to put songs away for a tour cycle or so? (I'm talking to you Trust and She-Wolf) they won't disappear Dave. I do like Dawn Patrol and CTE in there

Christen
05-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Can someone tell Dave it is ok to put songs away for a tour cycle or so? (I'm talking to you Trust and She-Wolf) they won't disappear Dave. I do like Dawn Patrol and CTE in there

I've seen Megadeth 3 times over the past few years and have yet to hear them play She-Wolf.

TheClairvoyant
05-22-2013, 01:45 PM

She-Wolf isn't always on the set, I'm happy for Trust to leave, but I do actually like She-Wolf, most likely my favourite from Cryptic Writings anyway.

Blacktooth85
05-22-2013, 01:49 PM
I've seen Megadeth 3 times over the past few years and have yet to hear them play She-Wolf.

Really? I've seen them 4 times in the past 6 years and they played She-Wolf every time except last year at a radio festival show(Pointfest). It's in there regularly from the other setlists I've seen.

Christen
05-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Really? I've seen them 4 times in the past 6 years and they played She-Wolf every time except last year at a radio festival show(Pointfest). It's in there regularly from the other setlists I've seen.

Saw em Gigantour 2008, Rust in Peace tour, and Gigantour 2012 and they never played it. I know for our show on the 2012 Gigantour they switched up the set a bit. We got Ashes in Your Mouth which they hadn't played since 2008 and Angry Again which they dropped off that tour for a bit.

Blacktooth85
05-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Saw em Gigantour 2008, Rust in Peace tour, and Gigantour 2012 and they never played it. I know for our show on the 2012 Gigantour they switched up the set a bit. We got Ashes in Your Mouth which they hadn't played since 2008 and Angry Again which they dropped off that tour for a bit.

Yeah i guess it all depends on what tour you get. None of the Gigantour's have came through my parts, and i would have loved to see the Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour.

IrritatedTrout
05-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Trust
Hangar 18
Public Enemy No. 1
She-Wolf
Skin o' My Teeth
Countdown to Extinction
Architecture of Aggression
Sweating Bullets
Ashes in Your Mouth
A Tout Le Monde
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
Dawn Patrol
Poison Was the Cure
Super Collider
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Encore:
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

The bold is pretty cool, the rest is so predictable. I loved the last Megadeth show I saw because it was the CtE anniversary tour so the set was full of deep cuts. They can still really bring it when they put some variety into the song choices but this is really stale. I really hope they don't open with Trust when they play with Maiden.:hecho:

JRA
05-22-2013, 02:31 PM
I was going to say any setlist with Poison Was The Cure isn't phoned in, and that was before I saw Ashes In Your Mouth in the set.

But Trust is still a terrible opener.

PVH5150
05-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Trust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56BPWE2TStU

Jochen
05-22-2013, 04:04 PM
I don't mind Trust as an opener, it's actually pretty cool, imo. Also, I'm digging the Countdown songs, mainly because I haven't seen some of them yet. I do think they should replace Skin, though, that one's been played out. Ashes was incredible when I saw it in 2008, so if that stays throughout Gigantour I'll be happy. Same with Sweating Bullets. One of my fondest Megadeth concert memories was headbanging in unison with (what seemed like) the whole crowd during the middle of the song.

Overall, it could be better, but I won't complain too much if this is the Gigantour setlist. But by then I could see some of those Countdown songs being switched out for Super Collider songs...

IrritatedTrout
05-22-2013, 04:41 PM
What's really cool is having Architecture in there. That's one of my favorite Megadeth songs ever.

JRA
05-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Fuck I didn't even see Architecture in there. Unless you guys are going to complain that Tornado of Souls or My Last Words isn't in the set, pipe the fuck down!

300%_Density
05-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Can't wait to see crowd reaction for Super Collider.

TheClairvoyant
05-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Can't wait to see crowd reaction for Super Collider.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjXbrLB9c7I

hellawaits77ny
05-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Yeah i guess it all depends on what tour you get. None of the Gigantour's have came through my parts, and i would have loved to see the Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour.

Yup that was a sick tour to see. Amazing set.

OraclesofAgony
05-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Yup that was a sick tour to see. Amazing set.

That was one of the best shows I've ever been to.

TonyD
05-22-2013, 06:54 PM

Probably the last time any of us got to see the real Slayer too.

adamclark52
05-22-2013, 11:17 PM
It's a tired set but what you have to do at a Megadeth show is just turn off, lower your expectations, grab a beer and just have fun. They're all songs we've seen live before but who cares? It's not like they're bad songs.

And I'm probably of the minority but I don't mind Supercollider. I won't buy the album but I think it's a decent song.

hellawaits77ny
05-23-2013, 03:49 AM

Without a doubt the best Megadeth show I've seen, and it being the last time I Jeff w/ Slayer, I'd say it's up there on my list, too :rocker:.

SomewhereInTime72
05-23-2013, 07:53 PM
In my experience, Megadeth are a fantastic live band in terms of performance, and the opposite of fantastic when it comes to varying their setlist in any interesting way.

TheNobleFaceHumper
05-24-2013, 01:33 AM
The lack of In My Darkest Hour, Wake up Dead, Headcrusher & Tornado of Souls is pretty shocking too, was hoping to hear Kingmaker too but oh well.Trust

Have they even played Tornado Of Souls on a tour since the RIP tour? It's by far my favorite song of theirs and I'd love to hear it live

Sanitarium78
05-24-2013, 05:22 AM
Have they even played Tornado Of Souls on a tour since the RIP tour? It's by far my favorite song of theirs and I'd love to hear it live

I'm not sure if they have played it since then. If they have, it didn't stick around for too long. It's strange that the song is now rarely played considering it was pretty much a staple from 1990 all the way through to the Endgame tour. It hasn't been played much over the last two years from what I've seen. I still find it shocking when somebody says they have yet to hear Megadeth play the song since it was a set regular for about 20 years. I've seen them six times since 1995 and have heard them do Tornado at five of those shows.

Blacktooth85
05-24-2013, 10:36 AM

I seen them play it last May on there run with Rob Zombie in St. Louis. I was really surprised because they haven't been playing it much. So i think that might have been the last time they played Tornado of Souls.

IrritatedTrout
05-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Yeah, they used to play it a lot. It's a fantastic live song.

TheClairvoyant
05-25-2013, 04:40 AM
Yeah, they used to play it a lot. It's a fantastic live song.

Can't understand why they stopped playing it, why ditch Tornado and keep songs like Trust always in the set?

DarkMacek
05-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Tornado is hard as balls to sing. Try it sometime!

IrritatedTrout
05-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Hate heals, you should try it some time!

Made me think of that for some reason. :eyes:

Sanitarium78
05-27-2013, 05:30 AM
Tornado is hard as balls to sing. Try it sometime!

I'm not an accomplished singer or anything but I've sang along to the song many times over the years and have never once found it difficult to do. Musically, I can see how it might be hard to play, but vocally I never have.

JRA
05-27-2013, 06:28 AM
I'm not sure if they have played it since then. If they have, it didn't stick around for too long. It's strange that the song is now rarely played considering it was pretty much a staple from 1990 all the way through to the Endgame tour. It hasn't been played much over the last two years from what I've seen. I still find it shocking when somebody says they have yet to hear Megadeth play the song since it was a set regular for about 20 years. I've seen them six times since 1995 and have heard them do Tornado at five of those shows.

Yup. It's on Rude Awakening and That One Night too (and it was played both times I saw them).

DarkMacek
05-27-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm not an accomplished singer or anything but I've sang along to the song many times over the years and have never once found it difficult to do. Musically, I can see how it might be hard to play, but vocally I never have.

You're either a great tenor, or you are singing it in a different octave/falsetto.

Litany
05-30-2013, 06:50 PM

He's talking about with playing guitar as well I'm sure.

Sanitarium78
05-30-2013, 07:08 PM
You're either a great tenor, or you are singing it in a different octave/falsetto.

Well, I know nothing about how to sing properly, like any fan I just sing along with the songs I like when I can. I don't know what I do when I sing along with Tornado Of Souls but it has never been hard for me. I'm not sure what you're talking about with falsetto since there are no falsetto vocals in the song that I can hear. When I hear the word falsetto I think of King Diamonds vocals. There is nothing at that high of a range in Tornado.

Litany
05-31-2013, 04:29 PM
Well, I know nothing about how to sing properly, like any fan I just sing along with the songs I like when I can. I don't know what I do when I sing along with Tornado Of Souls but it has never been hard for me. I'm not sure what you're talking about with falsetto since there are no falsetto vocals in the song that I can hear. When I hear the word falsetto I think of King Diamonds vocals. There is nothing at that high of a range in Tornado.

As I said before, I'm almost certain he's talking about singing the song and playing guitar at the same time. It really is difficult.